New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC

Team
    It doesn’t take long once the team is out of the sewers for Seraph to land close by. “Aimee!”

“Ja-Seraph!” Aimee calls back as she rushes to hug him around the middle. A few tears escape her eyes are she holds onto him tightly. “I thought I wasn’t going to make it out.”

“It’s alright. You’re okay now,” he replies.

A wailing ambulance arrives, and Seraph guides Aimee into it. After a minute or two, he hops back out and the ambulance takes off in the direction of Iron Station General.

He looks at the two teams, minus Nightgaunt, and says, “You all did a great job tonight. I couldn’t have expected any more from you guys. Thank you for saving Aimee as well. We’ll debrief back at the warehouse. South-side too.”

Goldheart
    “You’re welcome,” Yuki replies. “We might be around for a few more days, depending on what Harbinger and Seraph work out. And, for what it’s worth, I really enjoyed working with you tonight. I think we made a good team.”

OOC: Goldheart gains Influence over Yuki!

Nightgaunt
    You get an immediate reply from Tanya, one of your contacts in the Night Parade when you send a picture of the summoning circle. I’ll get someone deciphering this ASAP. Be back in touch soon.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-12-24 at 06:07 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

It doesn’t take long once the team is out of the sewers for Seraph to land close by. “Aimee!”

“Ja-Seraph!” Aimee calls back as she rushes to hug him around the middle. A few tears escape her eyes are she holds onto him tightly. “I thought I wasn’t going to make it out.”

A wailing ambulance arrives, and Seraph guides Aimee into it. After a minute or two, he hops back out and the ambulance takes off in the direction of Iron Station General.
    Redline returns topside and finds a place to stand alongside the team while waiting for Seraph.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph
    He looks at the two teams, minus Nightgaunt, and says, “You all did a great job tonight. I couldn’t have expected any more from you guys. Thank you for saving Aimee as well. We’ll debrief back at the warehouse. South-side too.”
    Thanks Seraph, but I didn't think we'd be calling it quits so soon? There's still a greater demon roaming the streets and we don't even have a lead on it.", he finishes, interlacing his fingers behind his head.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

No Rest For The Wicked

After acknowledging Tanya's message, Nightgaunt saunters down the side of the building to rejoin the group. Just in time to hear Redline's concerns about calling off the hunt.

"Running everyone ragged all over the city doesn't accomplish anything, we already failed to stop the ritual." Nightgaunt says in a dejected tone. He shakes his helmeted head from side to side. "It's not a pyramid scheme, whoever's got Heart Eaters running around isn't going to use them to summon a ... better heart eater. If we take off for the rest of the night, we can recuperate and let the eggheads at A.E.G.I.S. turn up something new and useful, and we can hit it again fresh tomorrow."

Nightgaunt crosses his arms and shrugs. "s'how I see it anyway."

Behind his blank helmet, Raphael examines his teammates, his friends, and their compatriots from the other team.

"This is gonna be a long night... Who should I talk to first?"

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    Team

Goldheart
    “You’re welcome,” Yuki replies. “We might be around for a few more days, depending on what Harbinger and Seraph work out. And, for what it’s worth, I really enjoyed working with you tonight. I think we made a good team.”

OOC: Goldheart gains Influence over Yuki!
    "I think so too." Goldheart says, smiling behind the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by PK-Leon View Post
    Redline returns topside and finds a place to stand alongside the team while waiting for Seraph.

Thanks Seraph, but I didn't think we'd be calling it quits so soon? There's still a greater demon roaming the streets and we don't even have a lead on it.", he finishes, interlacing his fingers behind his head.

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    No Rest For The Wicked

After acknowledging Tanya's message, Nightgaunt saunters down the side of the building to rejoin the group. Just in time to hear Redline's concerns about calling off the hunt.

"Running everyone ragged all over the city doesn't accomplish anything, we already failed to stop the ritual." Nightgaunt says in a dejected tone. He shakes his helmeted head from side to side. "It's not a pyramid scheme, whoever's got Heart Eaters running around isn't going to use them to summon a ... better heart eater. If we take off for the rest of the night, we can recuperate and let the eggheads at A.E.G.I.S. turn up something new and useful, and we can hit it again fresh tomorrow."

Nightgaunt crosses his arms and shrugs. "s'how I see it anyway."

Behind his blank helmet, Raphael examines his teammates, his friends, and their compatriots from the other team.

"This is gonna be a long night... Who should I talk to first?"

"I agree. I'm not so sure the whole canvasing idea is our best bet here. I think numbers is our best advantage here. also figuring out who summoned it is a priority if they work like the Heart-eaters." Goldheart says, Leaning against the wall of the Macy's "That being said, I'm still really hungry and the only thing I've had today was that sandwich at the briefing. Let's Get some food."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Team
    “That was our thought,” Seraph says after Nightgaunt and Goldheart speak. “Meet you guys back at base. I’ll tell Harbinger to start working on dinner for you.” With that, Seraph opens his wings and takes off into the night.

It’s about 2 in the morning when you all arrive back at the warehouse. The smell of roast chicken permeates the living room/command center, coming from the kitchen. Aeryn makes a beeline straight back for the food.

Seraph is sitting on the couch, phone held up to his his ear. He’s changed out of his usual uniform and into jeans and a large comfy shirt with holes cut out for his wings. “Yes, Natasha, I’m sure. She’ll be fine. I have someone standing guard at her hospital room. I love you, Tasha. Goodnight beautiful.” He hangs up and then notices the team coming in. His ears turn a little pink as he clears his throat and stands up. “Harbinger got some rotisserie chicken and some kinda vegetable medley from the 24 hour place down the street. Go get some plates and then we’ll debrief.”

6. - Top - End - #216
    Halfling in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Gianna had lost her appetite. She went to her room and changed into sweats and a tank top, washing the residue of blood from her hands. She splashed her face before toweling off. While the others headed to the kitchen, she went to the training room to work out her energy on an unfortunate punching bag. Having been too distracted to wrap her hands, it wasn't long before her knuckles started bleeding. They should have saved that man in the park. She knew they could have if they were faster.

7. - Top - End - #217

GreataxeFighterGuy

Team
    “That was our thought,” Seraph says after Nightgaunt and Goldheart speak. “Meet you guys back at base. I’ll tell Harbinger to start working on dinner for you.” With that, Seraph opens his wings and takes off into the night.

It’s about 2 in the morning when you all arrive back at the warehouse. The smell of roast chicken permeates the living room/command center, coming from the kitchen. Aeryn makes a beeline straight back for the food.

Seraph is sitting on the couch, phone held up to his his ear. He’s changed out of his usual uniform and into jeans and a large comfy shirt with holes cut out for his wings. “Yes, Natasha, I’m sure. She’ll be fine. I have someone standing guard at her hospital room. I love you, Tasha. Goodnight beautiful.” He hangs up and then notices the team coming in. His ears turn a little pink as he clears his throat and stands up. “Harbinger got some rotisserie chicken and some kinda vegetable medley from the 24 hour place down the street. Go get some plates and then we’ll debrief.”
    "Heck yeah!"Goldheart says, Walking right past Seraph on the way to the beds. "Gonna change and wash up."

After Calvin gets changed he notice the swelling and bruising from the gators bite. It's sore to the touch. The Gator might've bitten my arm clean off if it wasn't for the Armor.

After heading back out Calvin grabs a plate of food and waits for the Debrief. His left shoulder is taped with an icepack.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Not Quite Downtime...

Nightgaunt pulls his helmet off by one of its horns with a relieved sigh. He looks down at his shredded uniform and sighs. "I'm gonna go change before we get dredged into an hours long retread of the night." He says in a tired voice.

He disappears into the basement, re-emerging in loose sweats and a threadbare tank-top. He swings through the kitchen on his way back, grabbing a perfunctory serving of everything on offer. He sits and eats quietly, waiting for the rest of the team to file back in.

9. - Top - End - #219

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nightgaunt
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldheart
    "I agree. I'm not so sure the whole canvasing idea is our best bet here. I think numbers is our best advantage here. also figuring out who summoned it is a priority if they work like the Heart-eaters." Goldheart says, Leaning against the wall of the Macy's "That being said, I'm still really hungry and the only thing I've had today was that sandwich at the briefing. Let's Get some food."
    Mind over Matter

Redline listens to what the other members of the team have to say and is ultimately left frustrated by scope of their responses, however he opts not to raise a counterpoint. Once everyone begins to depart and return to base he slips back into the alleyway and picks up a glass bottle then descends back into the sewers. He retraces the teams steps, accompanied by a duplicate, and returns to the second room with the ritual circle where he collects some of the "blood" inside of the bottle before capping it's contents. Redlines takes a picture of both chambers and marks their location on his phone before returning topside and back to base.

ItÂ’s about 2 in the morning when you all arrive back at the warehouse. The smell of roast chicken permeates the living room/command center, coming from the kitchen. Aeryn makes a beeline straight back for the food.

"When you said we'd be getting something to eat I actually had pizza in mind but this is good too." Redline comments as he takes a moment to appreciate the aroma of rotisserie chicken after having delved into the sewers twice.

He takes a detour by the lab and drops off the glass coke bottle to be prepped for further analysis before cleaning himself off and changing before the debriefing. Louis returns in a hooded sweatshirt and gym shorts and promptly makes his way to the kitchen to pick up his share of food. Once satisfied with his assortment of sustenance he finds a place in the living room to continue eating and waits for the debriefing to begin.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2021-12-26 at 04:56 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Team
    Seraph waits for everyone to return before he says, “I know it’s late. I’m not gonna keep you guys all night.” He recapitulates the night, putting all member of the team’s perspectives and adding that he and Harbinger took out a few more Heart Eaters while they were patrolling.

“According to Calvin and Yuki, the door was being guarding by gatormen, so it looks like the River King is involved in this somehow. I’m going to check with my contacts tomorrow to see if I can find out anything on that front. Harbinger has already shut himself up in his room. Right after you guys rescued Aimee, he started getting a ton of visions. Thank you again for that, by the way. My fiancé was worried sick about her sister when she couldn’t get a hold of her today,” he says, rubbing the back of his head.

“Does anyone have anything else to add?” Seraph asks. “If not, I’m… gonna go to bed. South-side, you know where the extra rooms are right? Your base should be set up similarly to ours.”

Drake nods. “Harbinger got us rooms before he went to bed.”

Raphael
    Halfway through Seraph’s debrief Raphael’s phone gets a text.
    Spoiler: Raphael’s text
    Show
    Big news! We managed to decipher most of the runes. It looks like the summoning ritual was supposed to be for two greater demons, Vytas and Zalta. Looks like only one summoning was completed though, according to my occult expert. Vytas’ name is all messed up, which is why it took this long for me to get back to you. There’s also a binding rune at the bottom, which means that you’re not going to be looking for a full demon roaming the streets. We’ll keep digging into who this demon is and I’ll let you know if we find anything.
    -Tanya

OOC: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Everyone gains 8xp, and we’re ticking over to a new session. Please add your level up stuff and Masks things in your next post.

Cards!
    Nightgaunt is dealt This Card Just Rules! Then, he’s dealt Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure. And Make No Mistake: Play when facing any kind of creature with Immunity or invulnerability. One character may ignore those special abilities of the creature for the duration of the combat.

Redline is dealt Revelation: Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Goldheart is dealt Hot Iron and Whiskey: Play on a wounded character. He has one wound healed, but gains a permanent scar. Roll on the injury table in the core book for location. He gains -1 Charisma if the scar is visible.

Bloody Mary is dealt Get Savage!: For the duration of one combat or scene, your character gains the benefit of any one edge, regardless of requirements.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-12-27 at 08:45 AM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Downtime:

Raphael carefully looks around the room at his team and the 2nd stringers from South Side. He watches to see what everyone will do now that they've been cut loose for the night. He knows everyone is tired, it's been a long day... But some things can't wait.

He pulls out his phone and checks his messages, he scans the message from Tanya and then idly scrolls through the news. Trying to piece together how he's going to explain this new information, and waiting to see who'll unknowingly make themselves available for him to try to pitch saving Menagerie too.

He suppresses a grimace as a pang of guilt tightens his chest. "I almost killed a guy today---" He glances at the clock. "Yesterday. I almost killed a guy yesterday. He might actually be dead. That was a lotta blood. I... Should talk to someone about it.... but after today... it kinda doesn't seem as consequential...." Raphael frowns. "No. I can't allow myself to think about humans people that way."

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/whatnot
    Show

Nightgaunt gained 8 Exp!
    raised Fighting to d10
    Bennies Refreshed!
    Move usage refreshed!

Q: Did I make progress on defeating my Nemesis?
    A: No Way. I marked the Doom Track. Literally less than a day has passed since last I evaluated defeating my Nemesis.

End of Session Move:
    I Grew Away From The Team - Raphael feels detached because he really went off and did his own thing basically the entire night. He bailed on dinner with the Team at Gia's house and took care of the thugs attacking Marie all by himself, then When the South Siders got brought in to help hunt for Heart Eaters, he got paired with non-teammates, and subsequently left them without over-watch to chat/flirt with Menagerie and then!!! promised to help her, regardless of what the team thinks.

Now that he's finally got a quiet moment to think, Raphael is more than a little anxious about how far he feels, in this moment, he's run away from the team, his biggest bastion of support and protection.

I take Influence away from Red Line.

12. - Top - End - #222

RedSorcererGirl

Gianna had come round for the debriefing, but only hung back and listened. Her hands hurt a bit but she had wiped the few drops of blood away on her black shirt. As people started to disperse, she sighed and pushed her hair away from her face, noticing Raphael also lingering.
    "Hey, Raph. No way I'm going to sleep after the day we had. Come spar with me?" She asks, hoping he'll take the metaphorical extended hand.
    Last edited by Nightengale14; 2021-12-26 at 10:06 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223

NinjaGuy

Homework Never Ends

Aside from obtaining the details of where each Heart Eater was encountered during the evening Louis has nothing to he wishes to contribute for the time being. Once dismissed he returns his dish and utensil to the kitchen before slipping away back to the laboratory.

"Hey Mimi, you awake? I've got a few things I want to take a look into and I'm gonna need your help piecing it all together." Louis asks as he enters the lab and moves towards the digital white board.

Spoiler: XP and Mechanics
    Show
    Redline gained 8 XP!
    Redline's Bennies convert into 2 XP!

5 XP - Raised Smarts from d6 to d8!
    10 XP - Raised Investigation and Knowledge (Physics) from d4 to d6!
    15 XP - Raised Driving and Fighting to d8!

Redline refreshes his pool of Bennies!
    Awaiting new Adventure Cards!

End of Session Move: Pending

14. - Top - End - #224

GreataxeFighterGuy

After the group breaks, Calvin polishes off his plate feeling satiated for the first time today. He straightens up the Kitchen while listening to music through his headphones and thinks about what Harbinger said to him before they went out.

Yuki Handled herself better than I did. I should've trusted her more to be able to handle herself.

"Today was a long day." says to no one in particular. He says goodnight to folks as they walk by and realizing he's too restless to sleep Goes to the Lounge to Chill for a bit.

Spoiler: XP and Mechanics
    Show

5xp Raised Spirit to D8
    10xp Gained Edge Sweep

End of Session Move: Grow into own Image of yourself - Kept Yuki Safe, Took Care of Aimee. Defeated Villains. Proper Hero work. + Savior, -Mundane
    Last edited by HIDA; 2021-12-29 at 01:00 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Redline
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline View Post
    "Hey Mimi, you awake? I've got a few things I want to take a look into and I'm gonna need your help piecing it all together." Louis asks as he enters the lab and moves towards the digital white board.
    Mimi’s not quite digital voice answers you. “I am always awake Louis. What can I assist you with?” Dim lights illuminate the rest of the lab, with a slightly brighter spotlight on the whiteboard.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Confidant Moment:

"Sure Gia, Lemme just drop this off in the sink." Raphael says, suiting actions to words he makes a leisurely stroll back to the kitchen and then circles back around to meet Gia in the gym.

"Most people try reading, or booze, or something, when they can't sleep, not smacking around one of their friends." Raphael teases when he arrives. "But hey, whatever you're into." He says with a nonchalance he doesn't feel.

17. - Top - End - #227

RedSorcererGirl

"How else do you think I got these?" Gia says, raising her arms to flex them with a grin. She really was built and it showed. "Besides, I have too much bouncing around in my head to sleep and I get mad when I drink." She added. "What about you?"

Spoiler: notes?
    Show
    After failing to save the man in the park and knowing the woman will be forever scarred by the incident, Gianna is doubting her ability to be a hero. She didn't get there fast enough, and the consequences were dire. She then used the man's blood to, in essence, avenge him in a brutal attack on the heart eater. For a being that's supposed to be weak to fire and light, she did a massive amount of damage. Savior goes down, danger goes up

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

The Whole Truth:

"Well... If I'm honest. I'm not super interested in sleeping because I..." Raphael looks away and rests his fingers on his chest with a flamboyant flourish. "---Have been up to no good this evening." He frowns, becoming more serious. "And I should talk to someone about it." He tosses his head from side to side. "All of you. Probably. I mean. We're a team."

19. - Top - End - #229

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    The Whole Truth:

"Well... If I'm honest. I'm not super interested in sleeping because I..." Raphael looks away and rests his fingers on his chest with a flamboyant flourish. "---Have been up to no good this evening." He frowns, becoming more serious. "And I should talk to someone about it." He tosses his head from side to side. "All of you. Probably. I mean. We're a team."
    "If you want to talk I'll listen, any time." She says, rolling her shoulders and kicking off her shoes as she walks to the mats, motioning for him to follow suit

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Once Upon a Playbook (Gia-specific Background Info)
    Show

Originally posted by The Savage Doomed
    "You told Bloody Mary all about your Doom and the Danger you're in...
    After the battle with Panzer Protonik, I was unwinding in the kitchen with a 'nutrient pack' when Bloody Mary came in, saw me enjoying my post-battle snack, and decided it looked too delicious not to try one for herself. She snatched one from the fridge and took a sip before I could stop her. This promped some.... moderate confusion about why I was drinking blood, and thus I told Gia all about my Doom and the danger I'm in. She is the only member of the team aware of my true nature."
    OOC: You're aware that I'm a literal, actual vampire. My 'nutrient packs' which I claim are full of a specially blended nutritional fluid to compensate for a weird comic-booky disease I've got. The formula is actually moderately toxic to people without the condition, so that's why I don't share. Or at least this is the lie I tell everyone. They're actually full of human blood. Furthermore, you are aware that a shadowy organization known as The Darkwatch are actively hunting me, and part of why I signed onto AEGIS. with you yahoos is for protection from these professional monster hunters. You also know that, even though I've totally got it under control, I do get miiiiiiighty thirsty some times. and people are delicious.

The First of Many:

Raphael follows Gia over to the mat, he stands with his arms crossed, legs shoulder width apart. His typical bad form. "Well." He says in a cautious tone. "I. uhm." He takes a deep breath and blurts out "I think I killed a guy tonight.ImeanI'msurehe'sgonnabefine, he'll be fine right? his buddy grabbed him and d "I almost killed a guy tonight. Like a civillian. Well. he wasn't a civvy, he was a crook, but still.... he might be dead... I might've killed a guy." He looks away from Gia. "I mean. it's bad enough that dude could've been killed... the way it happened was pretty... uhm... spectacular. Like, if I hadn't been so pissed off, I might've been...... tempted." He swallows hard. "Do you... Do you honestly think there's hope for me? To really fit in and make a difference?"

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/whatnot
    Show

"When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, Give them Influence over you and ask if they honestly think there's hope for you. If they say Yes, mark Potential or clear one box from the Doom Track. If they say no, mark a Condition or mark the Doom Track."

Gia already has Influence over Raphael, so she immediately shifts my Labels.

Gia should also be prepared to have her Mask Pierced in a post or two.

21. - Top - End - #231

RedSorcererGirl

As she listens, Gianna's eyes widen. She waits for Raphael to finish before putting a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, take a breath man. I know you're going to make this hero thing work, you will. As for the guy, I'll call around the area hospitals tomorrow and see what I can dig up. Whatever happened, we'll deal with it. The team has your back, alright?"

Spoiler: note
    Show
    in light of the retcon, Raphael has influence over Gianna. She feels that she is not alone in her doubts about her heroic potential. She also now knows she's not the only team member with a secret. She has faith that Raphael will overcome the obstacles before him and become a hero.
    Label shift: +1 Savior, as she's trying to reassure him that he can and WILL be a hero. -1 freak, because she does not view him as one and does not treat him as such even after he has confessed to potentially killing someone and being tempted to eat them
    Last edited by Nightengale14; 2021-12-27 at 06:32 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi
    Mimi’s not quite digital voice answers you. “I am always awake Louis. What can I assist you with?” Dim lights illuminate the rest of the lab, with a slightly brighter spotlight on the whiteboard.
    "Instead of leaving things in the capable hands of AEGIS I think it's about time we put in some old fashioned detective work ourselves. This case is time sensitive so the sooner we have our next lead the better our chances of bringing things to a close."

Louis unlocks his phone and uploads several pictures he took of the chambers back in the sewers to Mimi. "Let's start by pulling up a map of the city's underground infrastructure and marking the location of where our team first entered the sewer system." Once that's been done, Louis retraces his steps through the underground until he's able to find an area on the map that lines up with the chambers used for the ritual and marks them as well.

"Now can you overlay a map of the city and highlight every area where a Heart Eater was sighted or encountered by the team in addition to noting the time of each encounter and the time elapsed between? This should give us a rough idea of the amount of ground they've already covered, where they could've possibly originated from, and a prediction as to how fast their effective radius will expand. We already know we're looking at a timeframe of less than a week but we're not exactly sure how much time we've got left. And after that..."

Louis turns back to the glass coke bottle and rolls up his sleeves before donning gloves and a protective visor. He takes the coke bottle and carefully empties it's contents into several test tubes before placing them into a rack.

"The hard part. Biology is far from my forte so I'll be relying on you for everything from here on." He pauses for a moment, considering his words. "Well moreso than before anyway." Louis concedes. "Do we have the equipment here to analyze any of these blood samples? We're looking for trends in blood type, genetic markers or identifiers, or anything that would link our victims together from a scientific standpoint. If individual victims can be identified then we should cross reference any medical records or history collected by the state and see if we can find potential matches. Aimee mentioned that there was a man that was being held alongside her so it's possible that there are more civilians being held captive. If we can use the data collected by the analysis to create new search criteria it may be possible to begin a pre-emptive search effort for any potential missing persons that fall within that criteria or predict future targets altogether. It's not much admittedly but it's a start at very least."
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2021-12-27 at 08:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Redline
    Mimi does as Louis asks, overlaying a map of the sewers and the city. Six blips pop up where battles his teammates or Seraph and Harbinger held against Heart Eater’s took place. One is in the Bywater District at 8:53 with Raphael’s group, three were in the Queensborough district with Seraph at 8:32, 9:12, and 11:34, two are in West End with Harbinger at 8:01 and 9:24, and one that Redline was a part of in the St. Lawrence district at 8:23. There are four other sightings, or where bodies were discovered.

She notes the elapsed times and traces the paths that they would have used through the sewers. “Based on where each battle was held, and where bodies were found, their origin point was the room that your team discovered, Louis,” Mimi says after some calculations. “However, there were a few outliers.” A red circle pops up around two of the sightings and Harbinger’s last encounter. The three are connected by a red line that comes together at a different point in the sewer system, in the Broadmoor district, which is in South-side’s territory. “These three look to have originated from here.”

Louis places the blood in a centrifuge machine on the back wall. It takes a few minutes, but Mimi says, “I apologize Louis, this blood sample is too damaged to analyze.”

As Mimi finishes her sentence, the doors to the lab slid open and Drake and Aeryn enter. “Sorry,” Drake says. “We didn’t expect anyone to be here.” He glances at the city superimposed on top of the underground sewer system and lets out a low whistle. “You’ve been busy, huh? What’s this circle in Broadmoor?”

Aeryn looks pale, his red-orange eyes have lost a lot of vibrancy. “You don’t happen to have a full spectrum UV light in here do you?”
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-12-28 at 12:29 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie:

Raphael visibly calms at Gianna's assurance that the team will stand by him... even if he (almost) killed a guy. He chuckles nervously when she offers to try and find the guy at a hospital. "no no no. I'm not sure we need to do that. I mean. We might find out he's dead. And more important, someone might put two-an-two together and connect me to it. I think we should just leave it. yep. mhm." Raphael nods enthusiastically.

His primary concern, the loss of support and bringing down more attention on him alleviated, Raphael's thoughts turn towards the other acts of mischief he engineered tonight...

25. - Top - End - #235

RedSorcererGirl

It was, perhaps, a mistake to relax in that moment. When Gianna saw some of the fear and tension go out of his face, she shifted her grip on his shoulder, crouched, grabbed his leg, and used that leverage to flip him over her back and onto the mat. Having his back didn't mean she was going to go too easy on him, after all.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

With Friends like these:

Raphael grunts as he hits the ground, arms still crossed. He landed like a sack of potatoes. "That." He deadpans. "Was dirty pool." He reaches out and tries to grab Gia's ankles, aiming to pull her legs out from underneath her so she can join him down on the floor.

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/Whatnot
    Show

Sparring roll to hit: 6, which I think beats your parry, because I don't think you're using your bloody shieldy stuff right now?

27. - Top - End - #237

RedSorcererGirl

Spoiler: how dare
    Show
    yep without my powers active that hits

Gianna can't step away in time and knows she's going down as soon as his cold hand touched her ankle. When he pulls, her legs go right out from under her with a comical cry of surprise and she lands across his torso, her knee smacking his hip as she lands.
    "Ok, yeah I deserved that."
    Last edited by Nightengale14; 2021-12-29 at 11:26 AM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Goldheart
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldheart View Post
    "Today was a long day." Calvin says to no one in particular. He says goodnight to folks as they walk by and realizing he's too restless to sleep Goes to the Lounge to Chill for a bit.
    When Calvin arrives at the lounge, he finds Yuki sitting cross legged on the couch, a steaming ceramic mug held between her hands. She’s dressed in a light gray tank top and black athletic shorts and looks freshly showered. She’s deeply lost in thought until Calvin enters the room and breaks her concentration. “Hey Calvin. Couldn’t sleep either?” She takes a sip from her mug. “I hope you don’t mind that I helped myself to some tea. Mimi helped me find some in the kitchen.”
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-12-29 at 01:23 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239

GreataxeFighterGuy

Goldheart

When Calvin arrives at the lounge, he finds Yuki sitting cross legged on the couch, a steaming ceramic mug held between her hands. She’s dressed in a light gray tank top and black athletic shorts and looks freshly showered. She’s deeply lost in thought until Calvin enters the room and breaks her concentration. “Hey Calvin. Couldn’t sleep either?” She takes a sip from her mug. “I hope you don’t mind that I helped myself to some tea. Mimi helped me find some in the kitchen.”
    "Mi casa, su casa." Calvin says landing on the couch beside Yuki. "I don't think sleeping is in the cards for me tonight." he says pointing to his shoulder. "You alright? What's keeping you up?"

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Goldheart
    Yuki tilts her head when Calvin speaks in Spanish. “I’m sorry… I don’t know what you’re saying. I’m proficient in English, but that’s about it for foreign languages for me.”

She looks back down at her tea, watching the steam swirl upward. “I’m just worried is all. Greater demons are no joke. My grandfather told me stories about one that he fought back in my homeland when he was Zodiac. While strong, the demon was also cunning. They’re not mindless beasts like the Heart Eaters.”