New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default M&M Learning Game [IC]

OOC Thread

Dento is waiting where he said he'd be, sitting in front of the bagel shop. Armed and armored as always, staring off into the distance. His phone is on the table in front of him, ignored for the moment next to a half-eaten bagel.

He doesn't seem to have noticed you yet-he's absorbed in his thoughts.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2021-07-08 at 03:11 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: M&M Learning Game [IC]

Sorsiel walks up in some casual clothes. Some jeans, a dark hoodie, and a pair of baby blue uggs. Someone really needs to talk to this girl about fashion.

"Hey," she says, sitting down at the table. "Any news since we last talked?"
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-07-08 at 05:25 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3

It takes a moment for Dento to respond. Sorsiel has to repeat herself, before he says "No. No ransom note. No word from the Guardians. No signs of Elaine. And you're the first one to show."

He takes a cigarette out, and lights it. But before he puts it in his mouth, he shakes his head and snuffs it. "Elaine always told me to stop. For all the crazy crap she pulled, she was always on me about my health."

Show
    Show

Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, that's not good for you. I guess with all the worry and distraction, that's something to keep your mind off the craving, right?"

She drums her fingers on the table and says, "Hm. I hope the others get here soon. Otherwise I might have to buy a bagel myself!"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sonia was worried about dento. He and his wife were good people. They didn't deserve this. When dento beat her dad all those years ago she was both impressed by his skill and glad that she wouldn't have to deal with dad anymore.

So of course she was gonna help him find his wife. Not just to repay the favour but because she was a good person.

With a fake deep voice sonia spoke as she wore blue ripped style jeans black heavy metal shirt and her signature leather jacket.

"Dento. I came. I will do everything in my power to save your wife. I can promise that."

"Oh and who's she? Is she here to help?"

She smiled at seeing another lover of dark jackets before quickly realising she was smiling then she forced her face into unconvincing grimness.

6. - Top - End - #6

"Not married," Dento says without looking. "This is Sorsiel, mage of the elements. Sorsiel, this is Sonia, necromancer."

He then turns his gaze to Sonia, and gives a wan smile. "Been a while since I seen you, kid. You've grown."

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Sorsiel turned around to see the source of the deep, raspy voice behind her. She was a little surprised to see another girl about her age.

Actually, Sorsiel's hoodie was just that. Just an average hoodie. Dark colors seemed to be the trend with them these days, but there was a big red star with a gold outline on the front of Sorsiel's. Way to ruin the dark motif!

"Oh, hey!" she says in greeting, with a wave.

Looking back over at Dento she says, "Well, not all the elements. Just ice and lightning."

She addresses Sonia again. "So a necromancer, huh? That sounds pretty spooky. You, uh.. make zombies or something??" She wondered how that was going to help find a missing person.

8. - Top - End - #8

Responding to dento sonia momentarily stops the deep voice and says in her normal voice without realising it "thank you" then she has a oh i messed up look on her face when she realises she's not doing the voice.

"Anyways welcome on board sorsiel. I don't sommun zombies or anything. Just shadows. They are as dark as the dangers I've faced. When you are facing down a demon or in a fight to the death with zombies of great warriors you are bound to grow dark to face them. That is the life i lead. He who stares into the... ok i forgot the rest but you get it right?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Sorsiel looks at Sonia after her spiel and blinks.

"Uh.. sure," she says, not convincingly at all.

"So I guess facing down dark, scary things has made you.. dark and scary?"

She had to shrug to herself on that one. If that wasn't the gist of it, she still probably didn't understand.

10. - Top - End - #10

Sonia smiled. "See! You got it!" Sonia was looking around to see when the other's would come.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Into the bagel shop walks a frail older gentleman with a massive walking stick. His salt and pepper beard was kept short like his hair.

He joins the gathered group. "Hello all. I heard there was an issue with an old friend."
    Last edited by gac3; 2021-07-10 at 03:39 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Sonia points at dento who is behind her as she faces the newcomer with her thumb "that's him. Didn't expect a person as old as you to help. But I'm sure that if dento asked for you help you must have some use. Soooo... what can you do? I'm betting your a super genius or something."
    Last edited by Ameraaaaaa; 2021-07-10 at 06:01 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Dento says "I wouldn't contact anyone who couldn't help. Old doesn't mean weak-might just mean experienced."

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Sonia just shrugs in response to dento's point and orders a bagel and sits opposite to dento. "True i guess."
    Last edited by Ameraaaaaa; 2021-07-11 at 11:59 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

"Hi! I'm Sorsiel," she says. "Oh, now you're all just making me jealous." She gets a blueberry bagel from the shop and returns.

"Mmm, sho who wore you?" she asks the older man with a mouth partly full.

She swallows and says, "I know you're a bounty hunter, and you're already pretty good at finding people that don't want to be found.. so what do we know, and how can we help, Dento?"

16. - Top - End - #16

Dento nods. "I suppose some of you know me better than others-but I'll give the rundown on myself. Dento, bounty hunter. I've worked with the European Hero Agency, and a few of their teams. The American League, a few of their offshoots. And a whole host of others. I'll admit that what I do isn't strictly legal, a lot of the time-but I'm not a bad person. Or, least, I try not to be. I'd wager some people behind bars would disagree. I've worked with Elaine for about thirty years now-met her when she was a hair over twenty, and we've been dealing with people together ever since."

"Last time we got a job was about a month and a half ago. The target was supposed to be right there-Grop Dastan. Small fry, really-arms smuggler, couple of murder charges; but no known powers, no links to any major crime syndicates, nothing. Elaine jumped out the window to get to him faster-and no, that's not out of the ordinary," he continues. "She can take a fall. I'm not quite so limber, so I took the stairs. Power went out about halfway down, so I picked up the pace, but when I got all the way down... No Elaine. No Grop. I spent the next week tracking Grop down-he had gone deep underground, metaphorically speaking, but I found him. Elaine wasn't there-and he hadn't even seen her that day. I took him in, sent him to Peru for his crimes, since that's where most of them took place, and started reaching out to the hero teams for assistance."

"None of them responded well. Most of them ignored me-automated responses or nothing at all. Some of them took the time to respond, and to summarize... 'If you didn't do bad, bad wouldn't happen to you.' Which..." he snorts, "is pretty rich of them. But you responded... And I do want to thank you for that. It can be a cold world out there, if you're alone."

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

"Hm.. Uh.. how far was that jump?? Couldn't have been more than a story or two, right? That's not a long time frame for someone to just disappear, though..."

Sorsiel thinks a bit more, "But still, I think that power outage has something to do with it. When you found Grop and questioned him, did he tell you how he disappeared?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

The older man nods to the group. "You know I'll help however I can Denton. The full resources of Grey Industries is available. If you'd like I can pay a visit to Mr. Group and see what I can get out of him."

Turning to Sorsiel he holds out a card. "Jackson Grey, founder of Grey Industries at your service."

Spoiler: Mind Reading Attempt: Sonia
    Show

Mind Reading Check:
    (1d20+7)[10]

Subtle 2 so it shouldn't be detectable but is opposed by will.

If successful I will communicate: "I also have other skills" in her mind.

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    "Hm.. Uh.. how far was that jump?? Couldn't have been more than a story or two, right? That's not a long time frame for someone to just disappear, though..."

Sorsiel thinks a bit more, "But still, I think that power outage has something to do with it. When you found Grop and questioned him, did he tell you how he disappeared?"
    "Think we were on the 15th floor," Dento says. "And Grop had friends-well, allies, at least. He didn't know much about them, but they were willing to help. Unfortunately, without being able to dig deeper there... Not enough of a lead to follow."

Show
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Sonia does not receive the message at all and just look dento straight in the eye and darkly proclaims "can we check the scene of the crime. It might have the clues that'll lead to our dark and gritty justice and save elaine!" She then uncontrollably smirks at her cool sounding proclamation though hides it eating her bagel she ordered.
    Last edited by Ameraaaaaa; 2021-07-12 at 09:38 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Turning to Sorsiel he holds out a card. "Jackson Grey, founder of Grey Industries at your service."
    "Oh, thanks!" she says. She looks at it and tucks it away in her pocket.

---

"But- but that was a month and a half ago!" Sorsiel exclaims. "Like, unless there's some secret passage there..?"

"Why don't we just see if we can visit this Grop guy in Peru? How far away is that? Like a ten-minute flight?"
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2021-07-12 at 12:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You're currently in California. So it'd be about a 10 hour flight, by plane, at least.

"If we take a commercial flight, it'll be about half a day," Dento lets you know. "I have a few strings I can pull to get us there a little faster, though. I did my best to interrogate Grop, but he didn't seem to know much. Still-you've got talents I don't. We'll see what we can find."

If no one has any better ideas or anything more to discuss, Dento sets a stack of twenties on the table, with "I'll cover your bagels. Leave a nice tip for them too," before he starts making a phone call.

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Sorsiel shrugs and looks around at the others. "I dunno. Seems like there's nothing else to go on."

24. - Top - End - #24

The flight is arranged with great alacrity. It's a small plane-enough to seat maybe a dozen folk, so more than spacious enough for the few of you. The pilot is a scarred and tattooed woman, who nods and smiles at Dento as he leads you to the small, out-of-the-way airstrip. Once you're on, the plane takes off, and you rest, read, or talk as you see fit on the ride to Peru.

Near the end, Dento gets everyone's attention. "We'll be dropping into Lima soon. From there, I've got a car that'll take us to the penitentiary. I'll drive it, but we're gonna need to make a stop. One of the folks who responded to me couldn't make the meeting in California, but can make it here. We'll nab 'em before we hit the prison."

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

With word that the flight was going to be happening soon, Sorsiel has to rush and get packed.

Did he really say the flight would be half a day??

She decides to bring along some extra clothes and necessities, maybe even a swimsuit too if they had some free time, but she also changes into her 'super hero costume', as some people have referred to it, just in case some bad stuff happens on the way.

Spoiler: image
    Show
    yes, this picture again

The flight is extremely long to her and has her bored out of her mind, if not for some conversation with others. She probably asked how long until they get there enough times to be annoying.

--

When Dento announces the update, she sighs with relief. "Ugh, finally! We totally should have got some teleport rocks or something!"

26. - Top - End - #26

finally! sonia thought. It got boring practicing her action poses.

"Let's do this thing!" She said in genuine excitement before quickly adding in her fake deep voice "not like I'm excited or anything. My emotions are dead inside!" She says like a 12 year old edge lord.

27. - Top - End - #27

You get into the car with Dento-it's an SUV, apparently ordinary, though a close look reveals it's been reinforced. Not crazily-you wouldn't want to get into a scrap with it, not really-but enough to take a few dings and keep on moving. He drives off from the airport, towards the north end of the city. "The guy we're adding is named Cici-he's not from around here. As-in, dimensional traveler. Doesn't know how to get back, but if I'm right, he should-"

Dento stops himself as you see a fast-moving blur making its way towards the car. Dento doesn't bother stopping, but does unlock the doors, and Cici pops himself into the vehicle. "Everyone, meet Cici-Cici, meet everyone else."

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Sonia is just standing their with her jaw dropped.

"Are you from a dimension of bug people!? How are you so fast! How'd you get here!"

Sonia then realises she's not coming across very badass right now compared to the others and just quietly says "to hell with the deep voice. Anyways do you have any other power then speed cici?"
    Last edited by Ameraaaaaa; 2021-07-15 at 12:10 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

As Dento stops himself mid-sentence, Sorsiel takes this opportunity to interject, oblivious to why her old contact stopped. "Hey, that's a lot like me! Maybe he's from the same place? Hey, why'd you unlock the-"

Then Cici plops in. "..door?"

Sorsiel blinks and looks at the bug-eyed man. The guy wasn't human, and yet he certainly didn't look like any of the other aliens she had fought before either. "Uh. Hi," she waves shyly. "Well, I guess we aren't from the same dimension after all. I'm Sorsiel." She gingerly extends a hand to shake. Probably 500 times too slow for him.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nice to meet you," Jackson says with a nods. What a wild group this was turning out to be. Fascinating.