New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Automated time notifications

I'm looking for some kind of program that will pop up a notification of what time it is every hour or so. That simple--but something that pops up once but then needs to be reprogrammed to do it again won't do.

Does anyone happen to know where I could find something like this?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Automated time notifications

Does it have to be on the hour, or just every hour?

Most Calendar apps will allow you to set up recurring appointments - so you can set something up to recur each hour (or at worst set up twelve or so on each hour that recur daily). My mail client (Thunderbird) has one built in.

(You can even set up one appointment and use the "remind me in an hour functionallity, but that probably won't work so well)

Also, what hardware and OS are you using - the answer may be different between Windows, Android, Apple and Unix variants.

If you are using windows you can use the task scheduler to do something similar. Other machines will have some form of scheduler.

EDIT: The clock in Windows allows you to set alarms as well - set up one for each hour you want...
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2021-07-08 at 03:33 PM.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

I would say a calendar program as well
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Does it have to be on the hour, or just every hour?

Most Calendar apps will allow you to set up recurring appointments - so you can set something up to recur each hour (or at worst set up twelve or so on each hour that recur daily). My mail client (Thunderbird) has one built in.

(You can even set up one appointment and use the "remind me in an hour functionallity, but that probably won't work so well)

Also, what hardware and OS are you using - the answer may be different between Windows, Android, Apple and Unix variants.

If you are using windows you can use the task scheduler to do something similar. Other machines will have some form of scheduler.

EDIT: The clock in Windows allows you to set alarms as well - set up one for each hour you want...
    Thanks! Task Scheduler looks like it will work.