New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Pax Viginti Team 1 IC [5E]

Myrddin actually chuckles at that. "Maia has the coordinates, and knows where the plane shift facilities are. Maia, do you have everything you need to assist these gentlemen?"

Maia, who is riffling through their files with a look of extreme concern and has not yet figured out Mardove lifted one, says flusteredly, "Uh, yes sir!"

"Good." A brief smile passes over the elder wizard's face, and with a wave of his hand he teleports away.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Myrddin is kind of a ****.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Raven Rune Attic
    Wizard 11/ Artificer 1
    AC: 18 HP: 75/75 Ward 26/26
    PP: 19 PInv: 18 PIns: 10
    Conditions: none
    Well the Dragonborn is clearly impulsive. He wants to charge right in without any preparation and probably won't even read the packets. He must be good with that giant sword to be so foolhardy. Raven cannot wait any longer and speaks up. He waits until Lord Myrddin leaves before addressing the elf.

"Hello, I'm Raven. It's nice to meet you. I assume there are powerful wizards here that could help us pepare. If I am going to keep these two alive, there are a couple spells that would be helpful against vampires that I do not yet have in my book. Is there a place I could scribe a spell or two before we go?"

"We could use scrolls of dawn and sunbeam if you have them. The more the better. We'll need wooden stakes. A decanter of endless water if there is one to spare."
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2021-07-12 at 07:42 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33

DruidGirl

Maia jots down notes. "Absolute, Mr. Raven. I can get those for you."

"Should I go get Mr. Mardove? Or show you to his room?"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Raven Rune Attic
    Wizard 11/ Artificer 1
    Raven thinks this is a good time to get rid of the oversight.

"Why don't you go get him for us. We'll use this conference room as long as we can."

Once the elf has left, Raven pulls out the two books that he had brought with him. He had deduced that likely everyone had all 6 books in their rooms. He pushes the Manual of Quick Action towards Jeevok, trying to figure out if the goblin recognizes it. Then he pulls out the now blank Tome of Clear Thought. Nodding at the Manual, he addresses Jeevok.

"You look like you could use this more than I can. I'd love to trade you this Manual for your copy of this Tome if you had one in your room."

He would like nothing more than to spend another 3 days reading another Tomb of Clear Thought. It was maybe his favorite 3 days of his life. He is addicted.
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2021-07-12 at 08:16 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35

Chimera

"Alright." - the goblin says, while he proccesses the intel he just heard. He was going to chatise Raven and Mardove for their lack of tact, but now the planning has all of his attention. Maybe later. - "The vampires are in a mansion. We should attack in the day, so their escape options are limited. The problem are those cripts. Not only they will make it easier for them to ambush us when we go down, they'll likely have exits around the town they could use to escape. It will help if we can find a map of the mansion or the cripts somewhere inb the town, like a local library. Maybe we can ambush the cripts ourselves if we know where the entrances are."

"Also I'm wondering how time works when we travel between worlds, and what time of the day it will be when we arrive. If it's afternoon or night, we should probably use the day to investigate and gain intel so we can prepare our raid next morning".

"I'm also worried if there will be any vampires hidden around townsfolk, we should keep our guard while we are in there, even if we are not close to the mansion".

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewizard View Post
    Raven Rune Attic
    Wizard 11/ Artificer 1
    Raven thinks this is a good time to get rid of the oversight.

"Why don't you go get him for us. We'll use this conference room as long as we can."

Once the elf has left, Raven pulls out the two books that he had brought with him. He had deduced that likely everyone had all 6 books in their rooms. He pushes the Manual of Quick Action towards Jeevok, trying to figure out if the goblin recognizes it. Then he pulls out the now blank Tome of Clear Thought. Nodding at the Manual, he addresses Jeevok.

"You look like you could use this more than I can. I'd love to trade you this Manual for your copy of this Tome if you had one in your room."

He would like nothing more than to spend another 3 days reading another Tomb of Clear Thought. It was maybe his favorite 3 days of his life. He is addicted.
    Uh sure, but I've already read this book, will it work if I read it more than once? - he wonders.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Raven Rune Attic
    Wizard 11/ Artificer 1
    Raven panics at Jeevok's last question. He hadn't thought you might be able to only read one. He opens the book for Jeevok to look. When the goblin appears to not understand the writing in it, Raven realizes that he has lost. He will never again get to read the Tome of Clear Thought. It had changed his life and he wants nothing more than to be able to read another copy. He realizes that is not how it works.

"NOOO! It can't be. There must be a way."

It takes a few moments. He paws through his copy of the Tome to see if the writing had returned. It had not. But finally, resigned, he turns to Jeevok.

"Those are all great ideas, Jeevok. Nice job. You work on the travel logistics. I'm going to try to find a way to make my own sunlight."

He puts the Tome and the Manual away and begins reading the pamphlets that the elf had left, waiting for him to return with Mardove.
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2021-07-12 at 02:58 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

DruidGirl

Maia lays the remaining files on the table before leaving, then stops just outside the door and returns, flustered, with one last sheaf of papers. "This must have--well. Um."

They wave a hand and a shimmering, intangible quill pin appears on the table. "If you need me, you can, um, speak to it. I'll send Mr. Mardove here and then go for those scrolls." They give you all a quick awkward smile before leaving for real this time.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Temaias
    Dragonborn Paladin/Sorcerer
    AC: 9 HP: 92/92 INIT: -1
    Passive Peception: 15
    Passive Investigation: 9
    Passive Insight: 11

Conditions: -
    Current Initiative: -

Temaias looked at the gnome and the goblin go back and forth about the plans, the despair in the gnome as he realized he could not read a second book of the same kind and about what they could do before within the village. Temaias looked kind of stumped at first, scratching the top of his head trying to catch everything they were saying. Eventually he simply slammed his palm on the table in proclemation. "While we rest, our enemy practices! No need to dally we should set out as soon as possible!" He beams with confidence at the two of them leaning over the table to get his face down to their elevation. "Once we are there we will shelter the people, proclaim our challenge and face them as they come!" Assuming they are both dumbstruck by his lack of description he would slump his head in dismay. Raising it just as quickly and continues.

"I can both sense the presence of the undead so if there are in the village I will know and I will be able to secure the entire village from further attacks by consecrating the area." He takes a breath. "And should we proclaim our challenge aloud one of a few things will happen. One they will see us as no threat since nothing has stood a chance so far, recklessly come to face our challenge and fall on our swords. Two if not all maybe one arrogant youngling of them will come to try to prove himself with the same result. Third If they cower in fear and hide, then we can more easily seek and root them out." He straightens himself and crosses his arms as he continues. "The fact of the matter is that we will be a threat to their current grip on power, even if they dont consider us a threat they will want us gone from their world. They will seek us out to keep their stranglehold on the people. Their hubris will not let them stand challenged. And if they ignore us we will bring salvation to those who live nearby, limiting the vampires freedom and they don't want that. So our mere presence will force them to act eventually." He then claps his hands together and finishes. "So come on! The longer we wait the more time our enemies have to move!"
    Last edited by Nyan; 2021-07-13 at 09:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Chimera

Jeevok holds the impulse to argue. He has met that kind before. They can only be convinced through actions. Depending on what side they are on, "actions" meaning a sword through their throat. He just lets out a piece of snark.

"Well when we set up our ambush, I already know who is best to use as bait. Just leave vampires for the rest of us, will ya?"

"Well I don't have much to prepare besides look at that map. I already have my weapons. Raven, I guess we'll be waiting for you and Mardove to prepare your... resources?".

Then he turns around and goes to examine the maps of the mansion and the surrounding area.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

(Mardove returns to the table)

There was an instant and pure revulsion twisting across Mardove’s face at the mere mention of vampires, spite and malice weaves its way uncontrollably through his features as his hands began to tremble with unbridled hatred. But it wasn’t only hate that burned in his veins... the cold chilling touch of fear spread through his blood and froze his heart.
    Trapped in distant memories his armour made a soft audible hum as he stared into nothingness. It hummed again only this tome louder and his body reacted with a small jolt.

He came back to the conversation but said nothing as he went through all the maps and information.

”A whole load of holy water and if we get enough then some dust of dryness would be great.
    Stakes a plenty
    Some sun magic
    Oil, lots of oil. Lamp oil, and enough Oil of slipperiness to cover each of us. Extra is always nice.
    Most importantly a bloody good plan.
    Even then we are likely to all die.
    Consider everyone we meet an enemy. The vampires from my world had a way of gettin in peoples heads.”

He shakes his head and mumbles to himself.
    “They’ve been attacked before so they’re gonna have some defences. I need ta fiddle with my trinkets and prepare some new spells.”
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2021-07-12 at 08:19 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Chimera

Jeevok reports the things he just learned to the party.

"To sum it up, if we want to give every enemy spellcaster or archer a chance to attack us before we see them, we should go through the front door.

Since I don't think we want that. - he glances at the dragonborn - We should go through the back, either this door or this one. Maybe both at once so we can surround any vampires in the kitchen. From there, we can either clean the building from bottom to the top, or go straight to the catacombs through this fireplace if we think their leaders may be down there."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Raven Rune Attic
    Wizard 11/ Artificer 1
    Raven tries not to, but he can't help himself. He laughs a little at Temaias' speech. Just bit before biting his tongue, hoping the large, powerful Dragonborn didn't notice. But then he addresses the former king.

"Settle down, big guy. These vampires are vampires. They'll still be just vampires tomorrow and they're just as powerful now as they will be in 24 hours. Give me a day and I'll be able to make sunlight. Mardove seems to know what he's doing, let's let him get supplies. Then we'll go."

He studies the map and listens to Jeevok's ideas. "Jeevok seems to have a good plan. It would be better to surprise them. If we're picking a leader for our little group, I vote Jeevok. Temaias is too imprudent, Mardove is too hotheaded, and I'm far too arrogant. He seems like the best leader to me."

He speaks into the quill "Remember the Decanter, Maia. Thanks" Then looking up to the others, "Do you think they heard that?"

13. - Top - End - #43

DruidGirl

The quill bobs up in the air, then descends. It's a good as an acknowledgement as you're going to get from a Manifested Mind.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Mardove shows everyone his Lapis and demonstrates how to put magic in it.

Alright everyone, before you go to sleep tonight expel your left over magic into this. It’s like a currency around here. I’ll try get everyone their own stone tomorrow while I chase up the other supplies.

As for leader I don’t care what anyone wants to call themselves as long as no one does anything dumb.
    ” his eyes lift to the largest creature in the room.

“Surprise approach, preferably with invisibility. Hit hard and hit fast and don’t stop until they’re all dead. Well more dead.
    When we think we’ve won, we haven’t. We are gonna have to scour the whole town for their backup shelters.
    Bollocks! I really hoped I’d never have to fight these unholy dead blood leaching vermin again!”

“Oh well. Let’s do it. What could go wrong?”
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2021-07-13 at 07:50 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45

DruidGirl

Maia returns, carrying a satchel. They smile awkwardly and set the bag of holding down on the table. "All right--here are the things you requested, or what I could get; lots of stakes, lamp oil, perfume. I was only able to requisition one flask of Oil of Slipperiness and a packet of Dust of Dryness. And of course the scrolls are in there."

"I also grabbed some healing potions for you--I was able to convince the quartermaster to let us go a leetle over the normal limit, so there are ten Potions of Healing in there and two greater."

"Oh! Um, did you want to deposit flesh for a clone before you go? Some people don't believe in it, but..."
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2021-07-13 at 08:45 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Mardove was nodding in satisfaction as he looked over the supplies and was just about to graciously thank Maia when she mentioned the flesh deposit.

“Deposit what for the what!?” He asked in disbelief.

Once he learns about it however, he will oblige.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2021-07-13 at 08:53 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Raven Rune Attic
    Wizard 11/ Artificer 1
    Raven pulls out the scrolls, takes two potions of healing and a wooden stake. He starts to gather his things but then looks one more time in the bag.

"Any luck with the Decanter, Maia? And three more questions. How do you take our flesh? How long do we have this conference room? And what's our timeline here? Can we delay our journey by 16 hours or so? 30?"
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2021-07-13 at 08:55 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Chimera

Jeevok replies to Raven.

"Well, I'm honored that you think that, but I suppose I got to earn that first."

When Mardone mentions magic, he says.

"I don't have any magic, I'm afraid. Well, some of my equipment does, but not myself."

He wonders if he is the only guy in this place who can't do magic.

19. - Top - End - #49

DruidGirl

Maia blinks, startled, at Mardove's reaction. "Um, the clone spell? It needs a cubic inch of flesh, but we can grow a clone that activates if you die. It's sort of an--insurance policy, the Pax offers. As Corps members you have free access. It takes 120 days to grow the clone, but you can keep it in storage indefinitely; just, you all just got here."

To Raven, "Oh! Yes, the Decanter is in there. The conference room--" They touch their pin and look as if they're listening for a moment. "Some other people have it in a little bit, but I can secure one of the other rooms if you want; Myrddin likes to... make an impression." They color briefly, their dark cheeks darkening further, as if embarrassed to editorialize.

"Leaving is... I guess it's up to you. It's just... we can't pause the vampires, you know? But of course you want to be prepared. I can send you to Mr. Sardis whenever you're ready, just let me know."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Raven Rune Attic
    Wizard 11/ Artificer 1
    Raven takes the decanter with a thank you. He then pulls out his dagger, pulls up his shirt, and cuts a generous 1 inch square of flesh from his abdomen. It bleeds a lot. He grimaces while he does it and then hands the bloody mess to the elf.

"Here you go. Thanks for taking care of this for us."

He then mutters a spell, the wound closes, and the flesh regrows to make the site as good as new. His clothes, however, are covered in blood.

"I'll scribe these scrolls and then we can go. Mardove, can we get our own stones so we all have money here? We'll all have put some spells in one for Jeevok."

21. - Top - End - #51

Chimera

"This has to be the weirdest thing I've ever done." - he says.

He grabs an arrow and then repeats the same gesture as Raven, using it to remove some flesh from his abdomen.

After he is done, still bleeding, he grabs a sword hilt from this pocket and focuses his mind on it. The hilt produces a sword made of pure radiance. Then he touches the edge of the blade on the wound he just made, burning it just enough to cauterize it.

He gives the piece of the flesh to Maia.

The he moves to the bag and grabs 3 regular healing potions and a wooden stake. He probably won't need the later to damage vampires, but it's good to have a back-up tool.
    Last edited by Ninja Dragon; 2021-07-13 at 09:21 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Mardove, who was clearly trying to top up his own magical wallet, puts the question forth to Maia.
    Can you get them a Lapis each?
    He asks.

“Also, I’ll drop a cloning sample later, bit hard in all this armour.”

Mardove goes for the supply bag last. Instead of taking anything from it he tries to just take the whole thing.

((Mardove is ready, spells modified.))
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2021-07-13 at 09:25 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Temaias
    AC: 9 HP: 92/92 INIT: -1

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dragon View Post
    Jeevok holds the impulse to argue. He has met that kind before. They can only be convinced through actions. Depending on what side they are on, "actions" meaning a sword through their throat. He just lets out a piece of snark.

"Well when we set up our ambush, I already know who is best to use as bait. Just leave vampires for the rest of us, will ya?"

"Well I don't have much to prepare besides look at that map. I already have my weapons. Raven, I guess we'll be waiting for you and Mardove to prepare your... resources?".

Then he turns around and goes to examine the maps of the mansion and the surrounding area.
    Temaias laughed. "Of course my heroic friend! I am here to stand in between my allies and those who would seek to harm them! I would have it no other way! Glory will be gained by all who play their part in our victory so do not worry!" He slammed his fist against his chest and grinned wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    (Mardove returns to the table)

There was an instant and pure revulsion twisting across Mardove’s face at the mere mention of vampires, spite and malice weaves its way uncontrollably through his features as his hands began to tremble with unbridled hatred. But it wasn’t only hate that burned in his veins... the cold chilling touch of fear spread through his blood and froze his heart.
    Trapped in distant memories his armour made a soft audible hum as he stared into nothingness. It hummed again only this tome louder and his body reacted with a small jolt.

He came back to the conversation but said nothing as he went through all the maps and information.

”A whole load of holy water and if we get enough then some dust of dryness would be great.
    Stakes a plenty
    Some sun magic
    Oil, lots of oil. Lamp oil, and enough Oil of slipperiness to cover each of us. Extra is always nice.
    Most importantly a bloody good plan.
    Even then we are likely to all die.
    Consider everyone we meet an enemy. The vampires from my world had a way of gettin in peoples heads.”

He shakes his head and mumbles to himself.
    “They’ve been attacked before so they’re gonna have some defences. I need ta fiddle with my trinkets and prepare some new spells.”
    As Mardove returned to the room Temaias would look at him with a distasteful expression. His blatant disrespect towards Myrddin had not made a good impression. But seeing how the mere mention of vampires made him react his emotions changed from frustation to pity in an instant. His expression softened as he considered if he should comfort him... Temaias had seen countless times people who have had their lives ruined by evil creatures and individuals alike. And every time his empathy would never dull, no matter race or creed everyone has felt pain and greif. And no matter how many times he found himself amongst those people he would always feel for them, no matter what. Once Mardove finished his list of materials needed he would nod. "Yes. All those things would indeed be useful. It seems Myrddin was correct about trusting your expertise in this matter." He would then take a few steps over to get within arms reach before placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. "I...I do not know what you have gone through. But I know pain when I see it. It might not be of any comfort to you but I am sorry. And if there is anything you would like to talk about...I am here for you." He pauses as he moves away his hand. "But do not worry. For now you have one thing you did not have back then." He places a thumb at his heart with a grin. "You have me fighting by your side! And no matter of evil foe or creature will harm you! Not under my watch!" Temaias declared, hoping that his words would help calm the goblin.

Jeevok reports the things he just learned to the party.

"To sum it up, if we want to give every enemy spellcaster or archer a chance to attack us before we see them, we should go through the front door.

Since I don't think we want that. - he glances at the dragonborn - We should go through the back, either this door or this one. Maybe both at once so we can surround any vampires in the kitchen. From there, we can either clean the building from bottom to the top, or go straight to the catacombs through this fireplace if we think their leaders may be down there."
    Temaias was not much for tactics. He understood its value but at the same time as a paragon of honor such as he was it never really sat well with the proud dragonborn. And it was always a bitter pill to swallow whenever he had to employ those tactics himself. "Perhaps I could draw them out to a location away from their castle rather than crashing through the front gates? To a location we can prepare and fight on our terms? Besides vampires are more difficult to deal with when they are within their own lair." He scratches the back of his head and looks off to the side, seemingly uncomfortable with the idea of sneaking in and taking them by suprise. "Now I do understand the value of your plan. And in regards to this mission I could relent perhaps maybe if just I draw some out while you go in through the back?...I will not hide in the face of evil."

Raven tries not to, but he can't help himself. He laughs a little at Temaias' speech. Just bit before biting his tongue, hoping the large, powerful Dragonborn didn't notice. But then he addresses the former king.

"Settle down, big guy. These vampires are vampires. They'll still be just vampires tomorrow and they're just as powerful now as they will be in 24 hours. Give me a day and I'll be able to make sunlight. Mardove seems to know what he's doing, let's let him get supplies. Then we'll go."

He studies the map and listens to Jeevok's ideas. "Jeevok seems to have a good plan. It would be better to surprise them. If we're picking a leader for our little group, I vote Jeevok. Temaias is too imprudent, Mardove is too hotheaded, and I'm far too arrogant. He seems like the best leader to me."

He speaks into the quill "Remember the Decanter, Maia. Thanks" Then looking up to the others, "Do you think they heard that?"
    Temaias seemed completely oblivious to the Gnomes reaction, or perhaps he did not care. None the less he would reply. "And in those 24 hours the vampires will do what vampires do to innocent and defenceless people." He said bluntly. "I do not mind preparedness. But consider the fact that one spell inscribed in to your book might not be worth the cost in lives due to the time it took to write it down. Especially not when you can use a scroll for the mission and inscribe it in your book at a later time." Temaias spoke with a determined look as he locked his firm gaze on the gnome. Acting much more serious than just a few moments ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    Mardove shows everyone his Lapis and demonstrates how to put magic in it.

Alright everyone, before you go to sleep tonight expel your left over magic into this. It’s like a currency around here. I’ll try get everyone their own stone tomorrow while I chase up the other supplies.

As for leader I don’t care what anyone wants to call themselves as long as no one does anything dumb.
    ” his eyes lift to the largest creature in the room.

“Surprise approach, preferably with invisibility. Hit hard and hit fast and don’t stop until they’re all dead. Well more dead.
    When we think we’ve won, we haven’t. We are gonna have to scour the whole town for their backup shelters.
    Bollocks! I really hoped I’d never have to fight these unholy dead blood leaching vermin again!”

“Oh well. Let’s do it. What could go wrong?”
    Temaias leans down to take a closer look at the stone. "Curious...But I think this is hardly the time. Perhaps later." When Mardove then finishes Temaias would give him a resounding slap on the back. "Thats the spirit! We will vanquish evil together and as long as we are united nothing will stop us!" Temaias declares loudly.

Quote Originally Posted by TriciaOso View Post
    Maia returns, carrying a satchel. They smile awkwardly and set the bag of holding down on the table. "All right--here are the things you requested, or what I could get; lots of stakes, lamp oil, perfume. I was only able to requisition one flask of Oil of Slipperiness and a packet of Dust of Dryness. And of course the scrolls are in there."

"I also grabbed some healing potions for you--I was able to convince the quartermaster to let us go a leetle over the normal limit, so there are ten Potions of Healing in there and two greater."

"Oh! Um, did you want to deposit flesh for a clone before you go? Some people don't believe in it, but..."
    When Maia entered he would look in her direction and then to the bag she put on the table. "Splendid! This will surely help our quest." He smiles as he grabs one of the greater healing potions if they are not taken, 3 of the normal ones and one scroll of sunbeam. However when Maia then mentioned about depositing flesh Temaias froze like a statue, slowly turning his head to look at her. "...What?..."

Quote Originally Posted by TriciaOso View Post
    Maia blinks, startled, at Mardove's reaction. "Um, the clone spell? It needs a cubic inch of flesh, but we can grow a clone that activates if you die. It's sort of an--insurance policy, the Pax offers. As Corps members you have free access. It takes 120 days to grow the clone, but you can keep it in storage indefinitely; just, you all just got here."
    Her explanation did absolutely nothing to help Temaias understand what he just heard. Either cause her explanation was too complicated, or he was simply in shock. It was probably both. "...What?..."

Carves in to his own flesh.
    Carves in to his own flesh without healing it after.
    Temaias suddenly roars in horror. "WHAT IN THE WORLD AND EVERYTHING THAT IS HOLY ARE YOU TWO DOING!?!?" Temaias then ran towards Jeevok, leaping across the entire table if he had to. Kneeling down next to him before placing a hand over his stomach, channelling healing energies through him to close his wound. Seemingly equally confused and horrified as he had not understood the reason for their actions.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Spending 10 lay on hands to heal Jeevok
    Last edited by Nyan; 2021-07-14 at 12:14 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54

DruidGirl

Maia themself looks a little green at the sudden surgery taking place. "There's... an infirmary..." they say weakly, then grimace and gingerly drop the grisly spell components into a pouch.

"I'm... I'm confused, are you leaving today or tomorrow? Just let me know the plan... and, uh, Mr. Temaias, we're going to..." They look helpless to explain advanced necromancy to the zealous paladin in a way he can understand. "Be prepared to, well, bring you all back. If things go badly."

But not if things go terribly, because if they're turned it won't work.
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2021-07-14 at 09:38 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Raven Rune Attic
    Wizard 11/ Artificer 1
    Raven gives the Sunbeam scroll to Temaias. He then starts to scribe the scroll of Dawn into his spellbook. He looks up at Maia to see if she can help.

"We'll leave first thing in the morning so we can prepare our spells. Will morning here be morning there? We should attack the vampires in the daytime. Anyone else need anything? Maybe Mardove can show us this tavern before we go."

26. - Top - End - #56

DruidGirl

Maia checks the packet on the village of Donegal, leaving a couple of bloody fingerprint. "Uhm, yes, it should be. A few hours earlier on that side."

After a little more strategizing and quick trips to the infirmary, everyone settles in to prepare for a departure bright and early the next day. Maia helps Raven scribe the Dawn spell into his spellbook, using their Magic Quill, and manages to cut the time in half. The team takes an evening's rest at Marbury's Improbably Cantina, the multiversal evening hotspot for level 10 and up.

The Earthscape is just beginning to roll in, replacing the blue-black vault of the Plane of Air, as you gather in the Crossroads near one of the circles reserved for cross-planar system travel. All around you, commuters duck into teleport circles and vanish.

"Sardis will meet you at the other end, and you can use his circle to return when you're done. He can communicate with us, too," says the attendant with you, completing the runes. "Good luck!"

The Temple to the Sky does not have a low roof, a rare last chance for Temaias; it doesn't have a roof at all. It takes the form of a large ring of trilithons and standing stones, with wooden benches and an altar at the central. Perched high on a tall hill south of the village of Donegal, in this early morning light you can see down over the whole town. It's not a huge place, a few hundred people, one main street running north-to-south through a market square, the whole thing dominated by the hill to the south and the brooding mansion to the North. It's not quite in a valley, but the mansion is set on higher land. It looks dark, as if the shadows cling and don't want to be washed off by the oncoming dawn.

Sardis is waiting near the circle for you, wringing long white hands. He's a gnome, and he looks anxious, perhaps to the point of illness, by what's happening in his town. In a plain brown ascetic's robe he looks more than anything like a misplaced burlap sack with an anxiety disorder.
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2021-07-15 at 07:03 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

“Sardis?” Mardove quickly questions, looking around. He calls his familiar and Rascal suddenly appears on the floor beside him. The slim winged cat meows loudly as it jumps up and perches on a conveniently shaped shoulder plate.
    “Speak.” Mardove instructs their greeter. Wasting no time on formalities or pleasantries, but holding an understandable urgency in his voice. Suspicious eyes stalking everything around him.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2021-07-14 at 11:22 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Raven Rune Attic
    Wizard 11/ Artificer 1
    Raven steps onto the portal with the others. On arriving at their destination, he studies his immediate surroundings, looking for hiding places, ambush spots, and weaknesses in the structure or defenses. He continues to mutter a few spells, or maybe the same spell over and over. He always seems to be talking to himself, but pulls out of that long enough to greet their host.

"Sardis? Raven Rune Attic. We are from the Pax Viginti, sent here to help with your little vampire problem. What's the situation on the ground here today?"

While he talks to the gnome, he continues to look around the room and over his shoulder to make sure he isn't missing anything.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Temaias
    AC: 19 HP: 92/92 INIT: -1

Temaias would arrive to the part in a much different attire than previously. Before he had worn regal clothes and a simple ceremonial longsword. What stood among his three small compatriots now was the epitome of a knight in shining armor. A resplendent plate armor seemingly made entirety out of platinum, the metal which holds holy significance in his faith. Its bulk making the already large and imposing dragonborn taller and widening his entire frame to seem all the more intimidating. The plates layered like the large scales of a dragon and each one covered in what seems like runes, wards, sigils and holy iconography. The armor is littered with purity seals; strips of paper covered in litanies, prayers of protection, oaths and promises made and victories claimed, attached to the armor with a wax stamp with the holy symbol of Bahamut. At the center of the chestplate there is also a large crystal shaped like a teardrop. It shines with an ethereal glow and within it it looks like a galaxy of swirls and lights like it was fluid. In his hand Temaias held a greatsword of masterful make. Like the rest of him it thrummed with holy energy and all along its blade were more prayers, litanies and runes. However Temaias wore no helmet, letting all those who looked upon him know who and what he was. Not an anonymous individual in a suit of armor but a Dragonborn of the highest caliber.

He would however not have the same eagerness to him as he came to his party. He seemed concerned and deep in thought. But his eyes looked all the more determined none the less. He spoke to them all before they were transported to the new world. "Companions...There is something I have to share before we go. And its implications trouble me." He furrows his brow as he continues. "Last night I communed with my sovereign, the platinum dragon, blessed be his name. And I asked him questions that had arose in my mind during our strategizing. First I made sure to ask if any of these creatures could be reasoned with. I have encountered vampires who are, despite their curse, noble and kind people at heart. That simply wants to either be cured or live in peace without hurting anyone..." Temaias pauses, looking down at the ground as he clutches his fist tight. "However there are no saving these monsters...The things they have done...Those that fell before us are trapped in a living hell, the vessels of their souls used to increase their number...We must save them through cleansing and send them off to their gods. And utterly destroy those responsible for their suffering." Temaias was slow to anger...But his blood was boiling. "Second...And perhaps even more despicable...Is the fact that the failure of those before us was not simply due to the weakness of those brave souls...There is a third, hidden hand besides the vampires themselves that are the root cause of their demise. I saw a ritual site of limestone, a horrible sacrifice, a eerie mist with red eyes shining within, a conjurer fists clenching with anger as the mist laughs towards them..." Temaias pauses to ponder. "I do not know what this means exactly...But I know there is more we need to look out for besides vampires." He then finishes. "Third. There are more of these monsters buried deep within the earth. So even if we cleanse those we find initially at the surface we should make sure we find every. Single. One." He made sure to emphasise the last words heavily with all the gravitas he could.

When Temaias arrived to the new world he would blink a few times. Was his vision distorted due to the transportation? Had he grew in size for the same reason? No. He looked up and probably found that he could perhaps stand on his toes and look over the edge of the bowl of the building he stood in. He looked around, slowly as he took everything in. Small, everything was so small! He saw the town, the castle in the distance, the cleric who greeted them. It all came crashing down on him as it finally dawned on Temaias. "Everything is small!! This whole world is small!!" He exclaimed in disbelief. He looks down at his compatriots. This was why! He thought, it had to be! He was simply awestruck at the sight.

Finally gathering his composure back, clearing his throat as he took but a single step to stand in front of the cleric. He saw his worry and of course felt compelled to ease his concerns. "You have no reason to fear or worry anymore! You know why!?" He slams his fist against his chest. "I, King Temaias, Herald of the platinum dragon, Lord of the North wind, Exarch of the god of dragons, Voice and will of the Justicemaker and Servant of the Lord of Pure Incantations, am here to aid you! Darkness has not yet won and we will banish it where ever it might be!"
    Last edited by Nyan; 2021-07-14 at 09:50 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Chimera

Jeevok also introduces himself. There is not much to add after Temaias's spectacular entrance. He waits to know if ge priest has anything he must tell them.