New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Death, but can anyone give me some Pointy Bits?

I was having a bit of fog about the issue and thought I would ask: Is there anyway to buff Death Attack? I'm playing a Rogue 5/Assassin 1 character with a 17 INT. The first level is all I will be taking of Assassin, so my Death Attack ability will be, at best, something of minimal focus. Are there any abilities/feats/crazy skills/ magic items/mojo out there that will enhance it over my class level plus INT modifier?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Death, but can anyone give me some Pointy Bits?

Quote Originally Posted by graymachine View Post
    I was having a bit of fog about the issue and thought I would ask: Is there anyway to buff Death Attack? I'm playing a Rogue 5/Assassin 1 character with a 17 INT. The first level is all I will be taking of Assassin, so my Death Attack ability will be, at best, something of minimal focus. Are there any abilities/feats/crazy skills/ magic items/mojo out there that will enhance it over my class level plus INT modifier?
    Ability focus will increase the DC by 2.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Bracers of Murder" from Drow of the Underdark (and Magic Item compendium, I think) adds +2 to the DC. They have a bunch of other handy bonuses for sneak attack characters as well.
    Assassin's Dagger from the DMG (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems...ssassinsDagger) raises the DC by 2 as well. Keep it in your off hand if you're melee and you're good.
    My friend and I have a blog, we write D&D stuff there: http://forgotmydice.com/

Comedian avatar by The_Stoney_One

A Guide to Commonly Misunderstood 5th Edition Rules

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Knock their constitution down: it raises your death attack DCs substantially.

Feats like Disembowling Strike (sneak attack damage reduced by 4d6, but you deal 1d4 con damage) help you out with your damage, and the con damage becomes better than the sneak attack damage after level 10. Alternatively (expensive route), apply con-damage poison to your blade (like black lotus extract).

Ability focus helps for raising the DC directly.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Assassin's knife from the DMG increases the DC on the save I believe, and does some other fun stuff too.
    Thanks a TON to Almighty Salmon for the Amazing Log Man!

The Legend of TheLogMan