New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Not as an ingredient.Yes if you're forcing me to drink it.

I got 'raw egg is dangerous' drilled into me at school.
    For the record, when they say "raw egg" they mean "completly raw."

If you get pasteurized eggs—which is to say, eggs that are partially precooked to kill pathogens and make them keep longer—then they're probably safe.

But yeah, I had it beat into me too. Won't touch raw egg unless it's in something.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

I saw some studies where they showed any salmonella in the egg would be killed by a high enough alcohol content after 10 days or so. Plus the alcohol preserves the eggnog, it would still be good after a few months.

Theoretically anyway, it doesn’t have a chance to last nearly that long in my house.

Fyraltari, if you ever make any, I would totally recommend making the spiked stuff. My mom’s recipe uses white rum but I hear brandy works well too.
    Last edited by Beeftank; 2021-08-07 at 07:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #453

I've heard rum or bourbon, but admittedly I don't drink and have only had storebought eggnog sans liquor.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Also you seem to have skipped the most important step with getting anything British and automotive to work: move production to a different country Not the design though, we're apparently still quite good at that step.

Don't tell Bonnie Triumh and Eddie Norton but I did visit the new Triumph dealership and looked at their wares, and a couple of the bikes did look almost as much like how a bike should as my '73 and '78 do (though a bit heavier than I like) and I had they thought "Not as cool but at least I wouldn't have to sacrifice poultry to get them to start".
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You probably can make it without the booze. Most eggs are pasteurized so there isn’t really that much risk for salmonella or whatever, but you would definitely want to drink it after a day or two.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

No-one's forcing you to do anything but an uncooked egg as a snack is rather nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeftank View Post
    Fyraltari, if you ever make any, I would totally recommend making the spiked stuff. My mom’s recipe uses white rum but I hear brandy works well too.
    I don't drink alcohol and, again, I didn't even know people put alcohol in it. My recipe is just some milk, a couple egg yolk and sugar.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    No-one's forcing you to do anything but an uncooked egg as a snack is rather nice.

I don't drink alcohol and, again, I didn't even know people put alcohol in it. My recipe is just some milk, a couple egg yolk and sugar.
    I'm with AnonymousWizard on this one. I have a hard time seeing a raw egg as something to be eaten as is and not as a hazard to my health. I guess you can do that if it's pasteurized? Apparently? Still seems like you have to be careful about where you get your eggs from, though.

When you have it as a snack, do you just crack open a couple, pour it into a glass and drink it or do you do something else with it?

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    I'm with AnonymousWizard on this one. I have a hard time seeing a raw egg as something to be eaten as is and not as a hazard to my health. I guess you can do that if it's pasteurized? Apparently? Still seems like you have to be careful about where you get your eggs from, though.
    I don't know about y'all, but here we have laws about the foods that can be sold and bought so people don't get food poisoning.

When you have it as a snack, do you just crack open a couple, pour it into a glass and drink it or do you do something else with it?
    A) Take egg from fridge.
    B) Take knife from drawer.
    C) Use knofe to pierce egg shell.
    D) Place the hole in the egg shell against your lips.
    E) Suck.
    Forum Wisdom

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know about y'all, but here we have laws about the foods that can be sold and bought so people don't get food poisoning.
    If memory serves, there was a series of salmonella outbreaks or something a couple decades ago, despite food safety laws.

For my part, starting about a decade ago eating eggs that haven't been cooked to solid or otherwise processed results in me vomiting in a few minutes; raw egg seems like a bad idea.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

10. - Top - End - #460
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

3,000lbs/1,360kg of rubber mulch is how in the garage! Also three pallets. Downside is I'm now in parking in the driveway for a few weeks, like a barbarian.
    Raw food is sold pretty regularly.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

What's the difference between alcoholic eggnog and advocaat?
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It looks like like the main difference is advocaat you generally simmer the egg yolks for a bit whereas in eggnog you just add in whipped whites, sugar and milk/cream.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beeftank View Post
    It looks like like the main difference is advocaat you generally simmer the egg yolks for a bit whereas in eggnog you just add in whipped whites, sugar and milk/cream.
    Ah, I see they're advocaating for the eggs to be cooked, at least a bit.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

14. - Top - End - #464

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Ah, I see they're advocaating for the eggs to be cooked, at least a bit.
    Ah, humor. This is no time for yolks!
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-08-08 at 01:42 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Ah, humor. This is no time for yolks!
    Ah, sorry. Y'all were just egging me on. I just cracked up at that one and had to share.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I love eggs. Eggs are very healthy.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

17. - Top - End - #467

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Ah, sorry. Y'all were just egging me on. I just cracked up at that one and had to share.
    I didn't mean to make you walk on eggshells.

18. - Top - End - #468

Y'all ****ing tormenting me I want eggnog so bad now...

Also! I a commission I commissioned finally got back: enjoy!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2021-08-08 at 11:35 PM.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Y'all ****ing tormenting me I want eggnog so bad now...
    Oh, sorry about that, Zodi! Certainly didn't mean to cause anguish.
    ...granted, Christmas season is probably just around the corner.

20. - Top - End - #470

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    If memory serves, there was a series of salmonella outbreaks or something a couple decades ago, despite food safety laws.
    Because of depressed immune system due to the chemotherapy, I've been advised that I can't even have a soft-boiled egg because of the salmonella risk! Raw is totally out, even if I was inclined to eat such a thing, which I'm not.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Friend of mine is probably going to run a Star Wars Saga game soon.

The basic plot is, the seers of our orders (which could theoretically be us with the right build) have seen that something Dark is coming, and we can either pull a Knights of the Round Table and stand together against it, or fall divided.

We all get to design our own Force Traditions. I'm going with an Arthurian Knight theme, and with DM approval either playing a Diathim or Miraluka.

I don't believe there's a specific era this game is taking place in. Probably post original trilogy, and ignoring most of the Disney canon because the DM doesn't like it.

Starting at level 8 allegedly going to level 25, but the DM is flaky at best.

22. - Top - End - #472

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Friend of mine is probably going to run a Star Wars Saga game soon.
    ENVIOUS.

Lameness filter ain't catching me!

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    We all get to design our own Force Traditions. I'm going with an Arthurian Knight theme
    Jedi Grandmaster Merlin: Whosoever pulls the Lighstaber in the Durastone shall be crowned King of the Republic.
    Young Arthur Starrunner: *Switches lightsaber off and picks it up on the ground.*
    Jedi Grandmaster Merlin: I'll allow it.
    Forum Wisdom

24. - Top - End - #474

Grilled Cheese, Mozzarella, sliced off a brick on Vienna bread. Following a suggestion from a while back, used yellow mustard with the milder cheese.

Observation: Sliced Vienna bread takes very well to toasting via being fried in olive oil.

Conclusion: Yum. good texture, the yellow mustard doesn't overpower the mozzarella...

I think I'm getting close to cracking the code...

Need more experimentation though... Out of curiosity, does anyone know what cheeses go well with pumpernickel?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

Interval at the Proms, I'm holding down the fort while ice cream is located.

Then more beautiful music.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

26. - Top - End - #476

Personal references have all been contacted and had lengthy discussions with my assigned personal investigator. My own interview is Wednesday. After that, in theory, it should just be dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

27. - Top - End - #477

Personal references have all been contacted and had lengthy discussions with my assigned personal investigator. My own interview is Wednesday. After that, in theory, it should just be dotting the i's and crossing the t's.
    If you go missing for more than a week, I will assume that this whole thing was a ruse to trick you into volunteering for top-secret super-soldier experiments and will begin planning a rescue.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #478

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    If you go missing for more than a week, I will assume that this whole thing was a ruse to trick you into volunteering for top-secret super-soldier experiments and will begin planning a rescue.
    One the one hand, i appreciate it. On the other hand.... You really, really don't want to try to infiltrate this place.

29. - Top - End - #479

One the one hand, i appreciate it. On the other hand.... You really, really don't want to try to infiltrate this place.
    I didn't say I'd go in person.

In all seriousness though, that was a joke.

And, as an aside, I'd be pretty useless in a rescue mission unless you needed someone who knows how to drive but really shouldn't be behind the wheel of a vehicle.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-08-09 at 08:00 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #480

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I didn't say I'd go in person.

In all seriousness though, that was a joke.

And, as an aside, I'd be pretty useless in a rescue mission unless you needed someone who knows how to drive but really shouldn't be behind the wheel of a vehicle.
    Oh, I figured it was.

And, without joking, I can say that if I go silent for a bit in the vaguely near future, itll be more likely to be around half a year or so, no a week. Can't really say for sure if I will or not, but it wouldn't be for just a week.