New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Can't be particularly noteworthy, we never got it over here
    We totally did? The Kids of Degrassi Street was shown on the BBC in the early 80s.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

"Degrassi" has had 5 seasons, each with a slightly different name that started in 1979. The second and third were very popular here in Australia (Degrassi Junior High, Degrassi High). They were good for looking at real issue's that high schools would be dealing with, and also used high-school age kids, rather than actors 10+ years older than what they were meant to be.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Troll in the Playground

So basically Canadian Grange Hill or Byker Grove?
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

4. - Top - End - #664

Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    So basically Canadian Grange Hill or Byker Grove?
    Yeah basically.

also important to note is that thee is a sequel series made Recently (tm) called Degrassi: The Next Generation, and it is hilarious that they went for the direct Star Trek naming scheme, and cannot wait to hear in a couple years about DSP, Degrassi Space Nine.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yeah basically.

also important to note is that thee is a sequel series made Recently (tm) called Degrassi: The Next Generation, and it is hilarious that they went for the direct Star Trek naming scheme, and cannot wait to hear in a couple years about DSP, Degrassi Space Nine.
    To be fair, "the next generation" as a phrase is a pretty generic descriptor that is exactly what it says on the tin.

Also Deep Space Nine wasn't even in deep space! [Bialystock]What the hell is that about? [/Bialystock]
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1

6. - Top - End - #666
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yeah basically.

They had better include a major story arc detailing their rivalry with Dominion High and a treacherous coach switching sides!

7. - Top - End - #667

APPROVED FOR HIRE AND ALSO KEEP DUAL CITIZENSHIP!

Today is a good day.

8. - Top - End - #668

BlackDragon

Congratulations, Peelee!

9. - Top - End - #669

Thanks!

This is, quite literally, one of the most exciting things to happen with me. Right up there with getting married and having a kid. Life altering.

Plus, the job is just so cool.

10. - Top - End - #670

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    APPROVED FOR HIRE AND ALSO KEEP DUAL CITIZENSHIP!

Today is a good day.
    Excellent. A good day indeed.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Huzzah! Congrats Peelee!
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Thanks!

This is, quite literally, one of the most exciting things to happen with me. Right up there with getting married and having a kid. Life altering.

Plus, the job is just so cool.
    Congrats! It did seem weird they wanted the spy to lose their international status.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Congrats! It did seem weird they wanted the spy to lose their international status.
    It complicates the process of getting a License To Kill.

Source: I work for the FBO This is a Frasier reference, to one of the episodes with the side character Kirby.

14. - Top - End - #674

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Apparently they've never had someone with dual citizenship, so they had to check and see if they'd require me to renounce it. Two separate investigators contacted me over it (the personal one and then one of the upper layers it was submitted to for approval) and they said, almost word for word, "we don't really know if that will be a requirement." They just... never had it happen before, and had to look up if there was a relevant law regarding it.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    We totally did? The Kids of Degrassi Street was shown on the BBC in the early 80s.
    I was using the dates BMH gave, which would have put it on the tellybox at the end of the time I'd have been watching such a show and around the time younger siblings of mine would have been watching said show.

If there's versions from before I was born j0oew am I supposed to know if they were broadcast over here? I'm not a tine traveller (unfortunately)!

Woooooooo! So the head of All American spies is officially more European than I am? Can't think of better news.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

Congratulations, Peelee!
    Guess you'll have your name on a precedent now.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

17. - Top - End - #677

Woooooooo! So the head of All American spies is officially more European than I am? Can't think of better news.
    First off, I got a good laugh out of that.

Second, while I'm still not going to say what it is, I'm starting to think I might have given the impression that it is a bit cooler than some of you may actually suspect.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Second, while I'm still not going to say what it is, I'm starting to think I might have given the impression that it is a bit cooler than some of you may actually suspect.
    Nah, we all know how cool you are and just assume your job must match that :)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

19. - Top - End - #679

So... You're not going to be injected with Nanomachines that will rewrite your soldier Genes to be identical to those of history's greatest soldier and optimize your genome, turning you into a borderline? Super Human who gets sent on dangerous sneaking missions to assassinate the enemies of the United States.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So... You're not going to be injected with Nanomachines that will rewrite your soldier Genes to be identical to those of history's greatest soldier and optimize your genome, turning you into a borderline? Super Human who gets sent on dangerous sneaking missions to assassinate the enemies of the United States.
    ...using some subpar human genes for a dragon?

...why?

Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

21. - Top - End - #681

Oh, of course not. They don't take people who need to be better, they expect you to be good enough to start with.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-08-19 at 02:02 PM.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, don't worry. We're all just pretending so you're blindsided by the letters sent to your new office by playgrounders

Or, more likeky, to your boss's office.

Or, even more likely, to the wrong department.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

23. - Top - End - #683

Oh, don't worry. We're all just pretending so you're blindsided by the letters sent to your new office by playgrounders

Or, more likeky, to your boss's office.

Or, even more likely, to the wrong department.
    HA! Before that last bit, I was all "pshaw, your letters wouldn't even know which letters to address!"

Little DC joke there for ya.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm sure there's plenty of us that know exactly how exciting government work can be - but it's hard to write engaging posts about waiting for other people to push your paperwork.

Now, mandatory training, on the other hand...

HA! Before that last bit, I was all "pshaw, your letters wouldn't even know which letters to address!"

Little DC joke there for ya.
    Heh.
    A few odds and ends.

25. - Top - End - #685

MindFlayer

I'll add my congratulations to Peelee, and try to avoid speculating precisely which group he is joining by just assuming he is becoming an elite agent of the Library of Congress, tasked with collecting overdue books from outgoing Representatives. Almost everybody loves the LoC, right?

Though "officially", the Library of Congress Police were merged into the Capitol Police about 18 years ago.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSh View Post
    I'll add my congratulations to Peelee, and try to avoid speculating precisely which group he is joining by just assuming he is becoming an elite agent of the Library of Congress, tasked with collecting overdue books from outgoing Representatives. Almost everybody loves the LoC, right?

Though "officially", the Library of Congress Police were merged into the Capitol Police about 18 years ago.
    Spoiler: Hmmmmmm...
    Show
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSh View Post
    I don't trust any group that's officially somebody else.

Show

28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

Is this U.S Agent's backstory?

29. - Top - End - #689
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Is this U.S Agent's backstory?
    The broad strokes of it are the backstory of like several dozen characters. For as much as they claim Captain America is not repeatable it sure does seem like you can get 80% of the results with 50% of the work - knockoff Super Soldiers are all over the place.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

Can we at least have some control over what aspects of the Captain America powerset get replicated?

Because getting a viable, repeatable method for enhanced durability would help in things like firefighting as well. Plus you don't really need the raw strength boosts, just give them a teleport homer (maybe a belt) that brings a suit of powered armour for increased strength and integrated firepower (plus even more durability).

Really, for all their faults in not doing the brainwashing before the enhancement, at least when Shocker made a super soldier they could repeat the process.

Show