A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    From the sound of what you described, that's not drowning (though it is suffocation.)

    Drowning is chemical suffocation from too much water, or from that water being in the wrong place. It is not merely suffocation while coincidentally underwater at the time.

    EDIT: Apparently, fish can't drown at all. Saltwater fish forcibly placed in freshwater apparently undergo a form of death similar to frostbite.
    Yeah but at that definitional point you are a fish, and can drown, thus fish can drown (thanks cladistics!)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    enderlord99's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Yeah but at that definitional point you are a fish, and can drown, thus fish can drown (thanks cladistics!)
    Wait, what did I say that makes me count as a fish?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

    I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

    I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

    Most pronouns are fine for me. Just don't try to mix them.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    So I'll be taking on another 4 months of graduate studies to not rush my thesis. It also let's me get a second proper journal paper out and wrap up some side projects (making some resources that should make continuing this project way easier for the next grad student involved in the project. All good things.

    However, there is still a part of my brain that get's the mental image of the runner chasing after two people holding the finish line ribbon...

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Wait, what did I say that makes me count as a fish?
    All mammals are fish.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Wait, what did I say that makes me count as a fish?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    All mammals are fish.
    To clarify, if you're willing to nitpick system shock from wrong type of water in the gills as not drowning, then nitpicking back with all mammals being fish is fair.
    Last edited by Cazero; 2021-07-21 at 03:15 PM.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

    Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be


    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isnít D&D, flaming the troll doesnít help either.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    enderlord99's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    To clarify, if you're willing to nitpick system shock from wrong type of water in the gills as not drowning, then nitpicking back with all mammals being fish is fair.
    ...Holding a shark still causes it to experience system-shock from the wrong type of water?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

    I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

    I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

    Most pronouns are fine for me. Just don't try to mix them.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bristol, UK

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    I think that the fish's failure to breathe air through it's gills is a better analogy for drowning.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where I am

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    "He deserves a high five. In the face. With a bottle" is now my new favorite way to allude to someone being an asshat without actually saying it.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    ...Holding a shark still causes it to experience system-shock from the wrong type of water?
    No, the thing about saltwater fish in freshwater.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

    Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be


    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isnít D&D, flaming the troll doesnít help either.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    enderlord99's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    No, the thing about saltwater fish in freshwater.
    If you mean...
    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I remember hearing somewhere that it's possible for fish to drown, but only if they're saltwater fish.
    ...which is how I started the conversation, then I don't understand how that could be interpreted as a pedantic claim that you can't drown any fish whatsoever, to which "yes you can, because mammals are fish" is a reasonable response.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2021-07-22 at 02:08 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

    I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

    I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

    Most pronouns are fine for me. Just don't try to mix them.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    If you mean...

    ...which is how I started the conversation, then I don't understand how that could be interpreted as a pedantic claim that you can't drown any fish whatsoever, to which "yes you can, because mammals are fish" is a reasonable response.
    I don't even. Is this bit not yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    EDIT: Apparently, fish can't drown at all. Saltwater fish forcibly placed in freshwater apparently undergo a form of death similar to frostbite.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

    Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be


    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isnít D&D, flaming the troll doesnít help either.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    enderlord99's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    I don't even. Is this bit not yours?
    Oh.

    The "EDIT: I was wrong, and I'm sorry" part.

    That's what you're angry at me for‽
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2021-07-22 at 02:53 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

    I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

    I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

    Most pronouns are fine for me. Just don't try to mix them.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    I was clarifying the point of someone being pedantic as a joke. Why are we having this conversation?
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

    Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be


    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isnít D&D, flaming the troll doesnít help either.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    enderlord99's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    I was clarifying the point of someone being pedantic as a joke
    Who was joking, and how do you know they were doing so?
    Why are we having this conversation?
    I don't know
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2021-07-22 at 02:56 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

    I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

    I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

    Most pronouns are fine for me. Just don't try to mix them.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Form's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    "He deserves a high five. In the face. With a bottle" is now my new favorite way to allude to someone being an asshat without actually saying it.
    A high bottling, if you will.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Who was joking, and how do you know they were doing so?
    Tvtyrant, and I know that because nobody seriously claims that apes are fish. Even though they are, technicaly, thanks to cladistics.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

    Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be


    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isnít D&D, flaming the troll doesnít help either.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Tvtyrant, and I know that because nobody seriously claims that apes are fish. Even though they are, technicaly, thanks to cladistics.
    Say what now?
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law



    Mage avatar by smutmulch.

    Forum Wisdom

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    the Vector Legion [is the IFCC's new pawns], mark my words. Way too much unfinished business there and they already know about the Gates.
    I'll take that bet.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    I'm not the one who brought that up. I'm just parroting. Because it's funny.
    So the takeaway there is that 1) I shouldn't quit my dayjob for standup comedy, and b) I'm not a biologist.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

    Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be


    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isnít D&D, flaming the troll doesnít help either.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    A pretty girl told* me that I was handsome.


    That is all.

    *messaged, whatever,
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2021-07-22 at 06:50 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Tvtyrant, and I know that because nobody seriously claims that apes are fish. Even though they are, technicaly, thanks to cladistics.
    Fish are a paraphyletic group, though. There's no such clade.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where I am

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Question: I've never actually read The Hobbit. I know the gist of the plot from pop-culture osmosis, wiki walks, general exposure to The Lord of The Rings, and occasionally clips of Rankin Bass film, but I've never actually read it.

    I discussed this with my mom a bit ago, and she gifted m a copy of the 75th-anniversary pocket edition of the novel as a birthday present this morning (I am 28)

    If I were to do a let's-read thread over in Media Discussions where I give my thoughts on the book chapter by chapter from the perspective of someone with an intellectual knowledge of the book reading it for the first time, would there be an interest in that?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Anonymouswizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In my library

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    My parcel arrived! Woooooo!

    Now I just have to wait until work is over until I can open it. Remaining in the hot building with no air conditioning.

    I wonder why I even bothered to shower this morning, I feel like I wouldn't have smelt any worse.

    P.S. The Hobbit is amazing. But it is a kid's book, don't go expecting any elf/dwarf snuggles.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

    RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

    Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where I am

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    P.S. The Hobbit is amazing. But it is a kid's book, don't go expecting any elf/dwarf snuggles.
    ...My first thought was to wonder why you'd think anyone would go in expecting that.

    My second thought is that this is probably a "warning, do not attempt to stop this circular saw's blade with your bare hand" type thing.

    ...I should avoid Tolkien fanfiction, shouldn't I?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lacco's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    ...My first thought was to wonder why you'd think anyone would go in expecting that.

    My second thought is that this is probably a "warning, do not attempt to stop this circular saw's blade with your bare hand" type thing.

    ...I should avoid Tolkien fanfiction, shouldn't I?
    If that was your first thought, you should take care to avoid Tolkien fanfiction, especially the live-action movie fanfic that was in cinemas few years ago.

    On completely unrelated note, who does not that have love forced romance in book adaptations?
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

    Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Question: I've never actually read The Hobbit. I know the gist of the plot from pop-culture osmosis, wiki walks, general exposure to The Lord of The Rings, and occasionally clips of Rankin Bass film, but I've never actually read it.

    I discussed this with my mom a bit ago, and she gifted m a copy of the 75th-anniversary pocket edition of the novel as a birthday present this morning (I am 28)

    If I were to do a let's-read thread over in Media Discussions where I give my thoughts on the book chapter by chapter from the perspective of someone with an intellectual knowledge of the book reading it for the first time, would there be an interest in that?
    I'm always down for some more Tolkien love.
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law



    Mage avatar by smutmulch.

    Forum Wisdom

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    the Vector Legion [is the IFCC's new pawns], mark my words. Way too much unfinished business there and they already know about the Gates.
    I'll take that bet.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Feb 2015

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by lacco36 View Post
    If that was your first thought, you should take care to avoid Tolkien fanfiction, especially the live-action movie fanfic that was in cinemas few years ago.
    What, was there a Tauriel/Thorin romance in the Hobbit movies? I've mostly managed to forget all of the details of those, except that the phrase "like butter scraped over too much bread" applied, and it was often shot like it was designed for a 3D video game.

    Note: Tauriel was an elven maiden invented for the movies.
    Note 2: Research reveals it was Tauriel/Kili.
    Last edited by DavidSh; 2021-07-22 at 09:55 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Anonymouswizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In my library

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    To be fair, I hear that plenty of Tolkien's other works include lots of human/elf cuddles (I'm not certain if anything else happens, I suspect not onscreen).

    But yeah, the forced romance was only one of those films' problems.

    Side note, aren't there six armies at the Battle of Five Armies? Or do the eagles not count because they began the fight up the author's sleevies?
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

    RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

    Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    To be fair, I hear that plenty of Tolkien's other works include lots of human/elf cuddles (I'm not certain if anything else happens, I suspect not onscreen).
    The raunchiest is when Lýthien is said to "lay hands" on Beren.

    But yeah, the forced romance was only one of those films' problems.
    If only it had been the only one... Fun fact: the actress for Tauriel was promised the character wouldn't be put in some bull**** love triangle.

    Side note, aren't there six armies at the Battle of Five Armies? Or do the eagles not count because they began the fight up the author's sleevies?
    There is considerable debate around which of the groups present does not count as one "army".
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2021-07-22 at 10:03 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lacco's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovakia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidSh View Post
    What, was there a Tauriel/Thorin romance in the Hobbit movies? I've mostly managed to forget all of the details of those, except that the phrase "like butter scraped over too much bread" applied, and it was often shot like it was designed for a 3D video game.
    For a moment I thought the phrase was *used* in the movie during the romance. Now THAT, sans context, would be rather... crusty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Side note, aren't there six armies at the Battle of Five Armies? Or do the eagles not count because they began the fight up the author's sleevies?
    Interestingly, when a friend of mine brought the news that the Hobbit movie will have three parts, I asked him, jokingly, what was the third going to be about - if they planned to have the battle of three armies shot in 3D, slow motion, from viewpoint of every named character.

    Should have made that a bet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    The raunchiest is when Lýthien is said to "lay hands" on Beren.
    Oh, you handsome Frenchman, you! Congrats to that title, not easy to get that one!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Fun fact: the actress for Tauriel was promised the character wouldn't be put in some bull**** love triangle.
    Now this is a almost as unforgivable as when they cut Glorfindel from LotR:FotR (language window: in Czech, Lotr = Villain/Scoundrel and Fotr = father (slang)... therefore the LotR:FotR is Scoundrel: The Father).
    Last edited by Lacco; 2021-07-22 at 10:26 AM.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

    Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    If I were to do a let's-read thread over in Media Discussions where I give my thoughts on the book chapter by chapter from the perspective of someone with an intellectual knowledge of the book reading it for the first time, would there be an interest in that?
    Yeah, sounds interesting, go for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •