New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1495
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Happy 20th anniversary of Patriots Day everyone.
    I would not say "happy anniversary" to today.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Tarmor's Terribly Tantalizing Tarasque Terrrifying Random Banter #234

Well I think the school system should have been honest about this information.
    They were.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Yeah... like, I get watcha mean but it's more of a solemn remembrance day than a "woohoo, yeah, celebraaate" day

You remember the day your father died, and you might hold a gathering, but not a party >.>
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I would not say "happy anniversary"
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    They were.

Yeah... like, I get watcha mean but it's more of a solemn remembrance day than a "woohoo, yeah, celebrate" day

You remember the day your father died, and you might hold a gathering, but not a party >.>
    Yes. I know it is a very sad day to remember but also a wonderful day that so many firefighters sacrifice their lives to save the people in the World Trade Center.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Troll in the Playground

Yes. I know it is a very sad day to remember but also a wonderful day that so many firefighters sacrifice their lives to save the people in the World Trade Center.
    Any sacrifice is not "wonderful". It's a tragedy that it had to happen. We don't want people to have to sacrifice themselves. Celebrating that people had to go to their deaths is in extremely bad taste. I know you're meaning well with your intentions, and probably wording poorly, but it's something that's solemn.

You can have immense respect and gratitude to those who risked themselves in order to save others that day (or any other day), especially if they ended up paying the ultimate price for it. But don't celebrate it. That's saying "I'm happy that they died."
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

What's app special about 11/9... Oh wait, let me switch my brain to standard dates.

I'm personally not a fan of celebrating people sacrificing their lives no matter what they were doing. If somebody has to sacrifice their life somebody else caused a situation where that happened. Every time I hear about a police officer dying because they instinctively put themselves in front of somebody with a knife it's a tragedy. It doesn't matter if they're doing their job or off it makes them a hero, death should not be associated with celebrations.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Any sacrifice is not "wonderful". It's a tragedy that it had to happen. We don't want people to have to sacrifice themselves. Celebrating that people had to go to their deaths is in extremely bad taste. I know you're meaning well with your intentions, and probably wording poorly, but it's something that's solemn.

You can have immense respect and gratitude to those who risked themselves to save others that day (or any other day), especially if they ended up paying the ultimate price for it. But don't celebrate it. That's saying "I'm happy that they died."
    I didn't mean it like that and I respect and gratitude people who risked themselves to save others 20 years ago today. Am I sad about it, yes of course. At the end of the day, they're still heroes and people to remember in my eyes.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2021-09-11 at 12:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1267

I didn't mean it like that and I respect and gratitude people who risked themselves to save others 20 years ago today. Am I sad about it, yes of course. At the end of the day, they're still heroes and people to remember in my eyes.
    If you respect people who died, then I would advise against calling their deaths wonderful and wishing a happy day on the anniversary of their deaths, especially with a cutesy name like "Patriots Day".
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-09-11 at 01:18 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

If you respect people who died, then I would advise against cling their deaths wonderful and wishing a happy day on the anniversary of their deaths, especially with a cutesy name like "Patriots Day".
    Fair enough then.

9. - Top - End - #1269

One roll of landscaping fabric done, two to go. Then the rubber edging, then construction, and then rubber mulch. Free week means I should be able to get it done before I go, assuming th construction goes well. I believe in me!

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

One roll of landscaping fabric done, two to go. Then the rubber edging, then construction, and then rubber mulch. Free week means I should be able to get it done before I go, assuming th construction goes well. I believe in me!
    That's wonderful. You can do it.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Isn't "Patriot's Day" in April in the USA???

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yes it is in April. The Boston Marathon happens on it every year. I don’t know how widely celebrated it is outside of New England though.
    Last edited by Beeftank; 2021-09-11 at 06:47 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Beeftank View Post
    Yes it is in April. The Boston Marathon happens on it every year. I don’t know how widely celebrated it is outside of New England though.
    This is new news to me.

14. - Top - End - #1274

Quote Originally Posted by Hyoi View Post
    A bit late to the party, but congrats on the job transition! Enjoy 7 months of not cooking
    12 weeks of not cooking. I'm like 90% sure I'll need to get a hotel/short-term accommodations for myself for a 15 week stretch up in the Great Frozen Wastelands of the North. But thanks!
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-09-11 at 11:08 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I don't consider myself as a bodybuilder despite gaining muscles and working out.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Bugbear in the Playground

12 weeks of not cooking. I'm like 90% sure I'll need to get a hotel/short-term accommodations for myself for a 15 week stretch up in the Great Frozen Wastelands of the North. But thanks!
    Be sure to take full advantage of that!

Afterwards I guess you'll just have to resort to frozen dinners, pizza and take-away again if you want to avoid cooking. As a side note, it's technically cooking if I just open and heat up a can of vegetables, right?

17. - Top - End - #1277

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    Be sure to take full advantage of that!

Afterwards I guess you'll just have to resort to frozen dinners, pizza and take-away again if you want to avoid cooking. As a side note, it's technically cooking if I just open and heat up a can of vegetables, right?
    I actually like cooking

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Egads, youre going to Vermont?
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Titan in the Playground

I actually like cooking
    I like cooking for other people. If it's just me I'll throw together whatever the simplest thing I can is.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

20. - Top - End - #1280

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Egads, youre going to Vermont?
    For reference, anythimg above Tennessee is the Great Frozen Wastelands of the North.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

For reference, anythimg above Tennessee is the Great Frozen Wastelands of the North.
    Hey now, sometimes we get summer here! We get to cosplay as the Great Scorched Wastelands of the North at times.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2021-09-12 at 08:41 AM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Hey now, sometimes we get summer here! We get to cosplay as the Great Scorched Wastelands of the North at times.
    Sounds awful, have you considered moving to Britain? You'll need an anorak and occasionally a snorkel.

Show

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Sounds awful, have you considered moving to Britain? You'll need an anorak and occasionally a snorkel.
    Yes. From what ive heard, its exactly like my region of PA, except surrounded by english accented people.

Seriously, i live in one of the rainiest parts of the nation.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2021-09-12 at 08:48 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1284

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    I could have done that, it now its just easier to move to Ireland.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Titan in the Playground

I could have done that, it now its just easier to move to Ireland.
    To be fair it also has the better accents.

Show

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Colossus in the Playground

Last night, I had a dream.

The details escape me, but if I'm putting together what I do recall properly, I invented a method of making pizza that was so perfect that...

Like, I was in a buffet, that had three different pizzas at three different stations—a pepperoni mushroom, a five cheese, and I want to say a buffalo chicken—but no other recognizable food but generic salads, and I was under the impression that it was all my doing.

And people were talking about how the pizza was so perfect that it could(somehow) cause world peace and lead to a green energy revolution... But that there were also people conspiring to use it for evil.

And I woke up before I got to eat any of the perfect pizza, which honestly, left me waking up pissed and hungry.

Edit: On cooking, if I had the energy and consistent access to ingredients I'd cook all the time.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-09-12 at 10:00 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post

The details escape me, but if I'm putting together what I do recall properly, I invented a method of making pizza that was so perfect that...

Like, I was in a buffet, that had three different pizzas at three different stations—a pepperoni mushroom, a five cheese, and I want to say a buffalo chicken—but no other recognizable food but generic salads, and I was under the impression that it was all my doing.

And people were talking about how the pizza was so perfect that it could(somehow) cause world peace and lead to a green energy revolution... But that there were also people conspiring to use it for evil.

And I woke up before I got to eat any of the perfect pizza, which honestly, left me waking up pissed and hungry.

Edit: On cooking, if I had the energy and consistent access to ingredients I'd cook all the time.
    Rater, you have to devote the rest of your life to recreating this perfect dream pizza now. You owe it to the world!

Also, I want some. For evil delicious munchies.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post

It's a prophetic dream. The creation of the perfect pizza ripples back and forth through time. You must prepare yourself for the day when the Forces of Evil will try to wrench its power from you.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

You don't realise just how much chemo (and maybe a bit of age, too!) takes out of you until you try to re-hang a curtain rail that's fallen off because the fixings broke. Unscrewed the six old ones and replaced with the new ones, then realised that wasn't going to work because I need to attach them to the rail first, and I was just too out of energy to do anything about it!

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hyoi View Post
    My hometown has almost three times as much average annual rainfall as London does, and it's only a little bit less rainy in the city where Peelee lives. Britain has nothing on the American Southeast in terms of airborne water.

That said, it's usually so hot here that you can just get wet when it rains with minimal consequences.
    Somebody's never been to Wales.

Show