New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Some Steam Games Too Big For Screen

Some of my Steam games (specifically, Cave Story+ and Snake Pass) are giving me a weird problem where they are significantly too large for the screen; that is, I'm only seeing a fraction of the game window.

I've played Cave Story+ before on my previous laptop (or possibly the one before that) and didn't have this problem, so I'm not sure if it's due to the new laptop, Steam, or the games. Sadly, I can't just go into the settings and switch off of fullscreen because I can't see enough of the screen to find that setting.

Anyone have any advice? If all else fails, I might just brute force it by finding screenshots of the menus and using those to blindly navigate to the option to switch to small-window or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Some Steam Games Too Big For Screen

Make sure the game's resolution is set to the same thing your monitor's resolution is set to. I believe from the steam menu there are some advanced settings that will let you launch it in windowed mode. Depending on the game there may be other ways to do it as well.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Some Steam Games Too Big For Screen

Try alt-Entering it if you haven't already. Sometimes that can fix things enough to give you menu access.