Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Wrath of Righteous AP (PF 1e) Reboot

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    That is a lot of stolen fury and child crusades lol

Pretty interesting party members choices so far.
    Let me try to shake that up a little then! Olivier Dubergue is a Chance Encounter lad. Still need to finish the fluff write-up, but the basic gist is that he's a courier and Chelaxian spy (though presumably a relatively benign one given the fact that the Worldwound is everyone's problem) who was born and grew up in Kenebres but inherited his job from his parents.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

We look kindasorta done, dont we?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

That is a decent motely crew assembled there. I'll doa proper review and pick a party on Friday and launch over the weekend.
    But it is looking really good.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    That is a decent motely crew assembled there. I'll doa proper review and pick a party on Friday and launch over the weekend.
    But it is looking really good.
    Are custom weapons allowed? Iíd asked on my character sheet post, but I edited the question in, so you mightíve missed it.
    Chaotic Good, probably

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Player Character Build Image
    RCGothic Tali Summers Human Sorcerer (exposed to awful)
    Starbuck_II Mong Ufbad Half-Orc skald/bloodrager (Child Crusade)
    zeone3000 Raizius Delius Human Magus (Stolen Fury)
    Cyclopean Tragmok Khut Half-Orc Bloodrager 2 (Stolen Fury)
    Spore Leonius Caela Telum Aasimar Cleric (touched by divinity)
    Novabomb Kel Vas Human Cavalier/Inspiring Commander (Child Crusade)
    u-b Gashur Half-Orc barbarian/ranger (Stolen Fury)
    Shadowflick Markus Dedala Human Medium (Stolen Fury)
    Khosan Linnea Redhammer Dwarf Warpriest (stolen fury)
    In4Dimensions Seira Santor Aasimar Inquisitor (Child Crusade)
    The Hellbug Olivier Dubergue Unchained Rogue (Spy)
    (Chance Encounter)

Updated table for new page.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by In4Dimensions View Post
    Are custom weapons allowed? Iíd asked on my character sheet post, but I edited the question in, so you mightíve missed it.
    No i think with such a huge collection in the PFSRD already what else would you need?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Very much looking forward to the selections.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    No i think with such a huge collection in the PFSRD already what else would you need?
    I'll bet five gold pieces to an adaptable reach weapon seeing the long spear and Step Up feats on their sheet. I would personally just try a (bladed) gauntlet for whomever comes too close. Unarmed attacks like kicks or natural weapons are options, but don't marry well into your concept unless you can convince DrK to give you Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat (which might be a feasible answer since Irori focusses very much on order).

And such ideas seem fine in a homebrew game, or with downtime and a weapons crafter/wizard. But for published adventures it is often both the most feasible thing to play with standard-ish weapons, since there will be no upgrades to an exotic weapon style unless the DM permits a magic mart. Kenabres is a large city, but it should still just have its quest rewards plus the two dozen or so items from the DMG table.

An extreme example would be the Holy Avenger for Paladins. Technically a Greatsword is the superior weapon choice for almost all melee combatants. But there are so many prewritten cool longswords (Flametongue, Luck Blade, Crusader's Longsword, Inheritor's Light, Pactseeker's Blade, etc.) that it really helps to maybe downgrade your weapon die in order to enjoy cool effects.
    Last edited by Spore; 2021-07-29 at 06:50 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    I'll bet five gold pieces to an adaptable reach weapon seeing the long spear and Step Up feats on their sheet. I would personally just try a (bladed) gauntlet for whomever comes too close. Unarmed attacks like kicks or natural weapons are options, but don't marry well into your concept unless you can convince DrK to give you Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat (which might be a feasible answer since Irori focusses very much on order).

And such ideas seem fine in a homebrew game, or with downtime and a weapons crafter/wizard. But for published adventures it is often both the most feasible thing to play with standard-ish weapons, since there will be no upgrades to an exotic weapon style unless the DM permits a magic mart. Kenabres is a large city, but it should still just have its quest rewards plus the two dozen or so items from the DMG table.

An extreme example would be the Holy Avenger for Paladins. Technically a Greatsword is the superior weapon choice for almost all melee combatants. But there are so many prewritten cool longswords (Flametongue, Luck Blade, Crusader's Longsword, Inheritor's Light, Pactseeker's Blade, etc.) that it really helps to maybe downgrade your weapon die in order to enjoy cool effects.
    Close! Reach weapon yes, adaptable no. Adaptable is kinda stupid to have on a custom weapon unless your character is a tinkerer or something, otherwise it feels out of place IMO. Honestly, I wanted to give my character a cool inherited/family weapon, but none of the simple weapons were exactly what I had in mind. Itís really not an issue, though; thereís nothing wrong with a standard longspear. I still think Inquisitors should get more proficiencies though lol
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2021-07-29 at 10:58 PM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

I have added some backstory and equipment to the sheet.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Would the following players please come to the OOC. Introduce a colour, choose from the loot amongst yourselves and post in the IC thread as Sull asks for help driving out the cultists

[QUOTE=RCgothic;25141010]
    Player Character Build Image
    RCGothic Tali Summers Human Sorcerer (exposed to awful)
    Starbuck_II Mong Ufbad Half-Orc skald/bloodrager (Child Crusade)
    Spore Leonius Caela Telum Aasimar Cleric (touched by divinity)
    u-b Gashur Half-Orc barbarian/ranger (Stolen Fury)
    Shadowflick Markus Dedala Human Medium (Stolen Fury)
    In4Dimensions Seira Santor Aasimar Inquisitor (Child Crusade)