A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Wrath of Righteous AP (PF 1e) Reboot

I'm interested ;-) One possibly small problem (?) I know the mechanics of Pathfinder, but not the setting. If it's not okay, please tell, I will withdraw ;-)

Also, what races and classes do you need?

EDIT: Is True Professional allowed?
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2021-07-24 at 09:16 AM.
    LGBTitP, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter
    My long singature

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    I'm interested ;-) One possibly small problem (?) I know the mechanics of Pathfinder, but not the setting. If it's not okay, please tell, I will withdraw ;-)

Also, what races and classes do you need?

EDIT: Is True Professional allowed?
    Read up on it. Imho for Golarion lore is quite important.

Kenabres: https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/kenabres
    World Wound: https://pathfinder.fandom.com/wiki/Worldwound

Anything else is in the WotR player's guide which is a required read for players. It is not long, very informative and fun to sift through too.

@DrK

The Ruling on "Touched by Divinity" does not perfectly work on every basic domain power. Can I just get a single use of the Sun domain's Sun's blessing that states my offensive channel against undead receives a bonus of my level to damage and it ignores channel resistance? The power is incredibly niche but useful (and very cinematic) when it comes up. I feel 1/day doesn't break anything but gives you the old school "undead killer" vibe without focussing half my ressources on this side thing.
    Last edited by Spore; 2021-07-24 at 11:02 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I’m thinking of running a Human Slayer. Sword and Board.

Role: Off Tank, Warrior, Trapfinder/disabled
    Traits: Shield Trained [1], Exposed to Awfulness [C], Indomitable Will [D]
    Drawbacks: Scarred
    Terendelev Scale: Grace

Feats: Countenanced Carbuncle(H), Improved Shield Bash(ST), Two Weapon Fighting(1)

Is Countenanced Carbuncle cool to take? I was thinking it and the Scarred drawback could be residue from his wounds suffered during his unfortunate encounter with a demon in his youth.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    Read up on it. Imho for Golarion lore is quite important.

Kenabres: https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/kenabres
    World Wound: https://pathfinder.fandom.com/wiki/Worldwound

Anything else is in the WotR player's guide which is a required read for players. It is not long, very informative and fun to sift through too.

@DrK

The Ruling on "Touched by Divinity" does not perfectly work on every basic domain power. Can I just get a single use of the Sun domain's Sun's blessing that states my offensive channel against undead receives a bonus of my level to damage and it ignores channel resistance? The power is incredibly niche but useful (and very cinematic) when it comes up. I feel 1/day doesn't break anything but gives you the old school "undead killer" vibe without focussing half my ressources on this side thing.
    Yes thats fine

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAnAxe View Post
    I’m thinking of running a Human Slayer. Sword and Board.

Role: Off Tank, Warrior, Trapfinder/disabled
    Traits: Shield Trained [1], Exposed to Awfulness [C], Indomitable Will [D]
    Drawbacks: Scarred
    Terendelev Scale: Grace

Feats: Countenanced Carbuncle(H), Improved Shield Bash(ST), Two Weapon Fighting(1)

Is Countenanced Carbuncle cool to take? I was thinking it and the Scarred drawback could be residue from his wounds suffered during his unfortunate encounter with a demon in his youth.
    Sorry, if its okay I'm not a fan of the carbuncle feat line. Would you mind avoiding that?
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Leonius Caela Telum
    Aasimar Cleric
    AC: 18 HP: 17/17
    touch: 10, ff: 18, CMD: 13
    Conditions: Blessing of Vigilance (Lesser Age Resistance, 24h)

Leonius led a very boring life, compared to his compatriots and fellow crusaders. As the son of a priest and a guardswoman, Leonius ever just knew the sheltered, but strictly disciplined life of an acolyte of Iomedae. But even the most orderly youths have a phase of disobedience. As a young acolyte, Leonius pushed his parents to be able to joing an excursion towards the world wound. As many young zealots, he pushed to slay demons and seal the worldwound, seeing the problems as urgent, and his presence as the solution. His parents tried to temper his fervor, teaching him vigilance, virtue and using their strategical upper hand was all that divided this world from a renewed invasion of demonic forces onto this realm. As this, Leonius was taught in both faith and warfare, to be able to hold down the demonic forces as part of the united forces of Kenabres.

Soon, his divine blood became apparent, his eyes were unnaturally green, his hair shimmering in a metallic sheen in the sun. Not only his body matured, but his mind did too. A lion appeared to young Leonius, preaching him to wait until the moment has come; evidence that agents of the Inheritor spoke to him. And so Leonius waited and waited. He kept his vigil on the walls of Kenabres for years, very slowly advancing his understanding of the Light of the Sword. It was of little use, like a blade staying in its sheath, there was no mettle to be won by studying and keeping watch. That was right until the Storm Tyrant slew Terendelev. In the ensuing struggle, Leonius and his mother fell down into Kenabres' undercity. He could do naught but give her the last rites.

Still unsure if that was his sign, he now accompanies his new comrades in their way out of the catacombs.

Role: Buffer/Healer and secondary melee combatant, later on utility caster as well
    Traits: Touched by Divinity (Camp.), Fate's Favored (Faith) and Purity of Faith (Religion)
    Drawback: Overprotective
    Tenderev Scale: Cloudwalking
    Presumed Mythic Path: Hierophant
    Last edited by Spore; 2021-07-25 at 05:14 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Tentative interest with a Rogue/Wizard or Rogue/Arcanist on the road to Arcane Trickster, though I don't have much more than that bare concept at the moment. Still trying to hammer things out.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post

Sorry, if its okay I'm not a fan of the carbuncle feat line. Would you mind avoiding that?
    Certainly!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Entry: Kel Vas

(Sheet in progress)
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2492730

Gist:
    Kel is a young and brilliant tactician, descended from a long line of crusaders. He has known all his life that he would be tasked with war, and he has been preparing.

Mythic Path: Marshal
    Trait: Child of the Crusade
    Focus: Aid other, teamwork feats

(I will add backstory to the sheet)

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Leonius Caela Telum
    Aasimar Cleric
    AC: 18 HP: 17/17
    touch: 10, ff: 18, CMD: 13
    Conditions: Blessing of Vigilance (Lesser Age Resistance, 24h)

Spoiler
    Show
    Leonius led a very boring life, compared to his compatriots and fellow crusaders. As the son of a priest and a guardswoman, Leonius ever just knew the sheltered, but strictly disciplined life of an acolyte of Iomedae. But even the most orderly youths have a phase of disobedience. As a young acolyte, Leonius pushed his parents to be able to joing an excursion towards the world wound. As many young zealots, he pushed to slay demons and seal the worldwound, seeing the problems as urgent, and his presence as the solution. His parents tried to temper his fervor, teaching him vigilance, virtue and using their strategical upper hand was all that divided this world from a renewed invasion of demonic forces onto this realm. As this, Leonius was taught in both faith and warfare, to be able to hold down the demonic forces as part of the united forces of Kenabres.

Soon, his divine blood became apparent, his eyes were unnaturally green, his hair shimmering in a metallic sheen in the sun. Not only his body matured, but his mind did too. A lion appeared to young Leonius, preaching him to wait until the moment has come; evidence that agents of the Inheritor spoke to him. And so Leonius waited and waited. He kept his vigil on the walls of Kenabres for years, very slowly advancing his understanding of the Light of the Sword. It was of little use, like a blade staying in its sheath, there was no mettle to be won by studying and keeping watch. That was right until the Storm Tyrant slew Terendelev. In the ensuing struggle, Leonius and his mother fell down into Kenabres' undercity. He could do naught but give her the last rites.

Still unsure if that was his sign, he now accompanies his new comrades in their way out of the catacombs.

Role: Buffer/Healer and secondary melee combatant, later on utility caster as well
    Traits: Touched by Divinity (Camp.), Fate's Favored (Faith) and Purity of Faith (Religion)
    Drawback: Overprotective
    Tenderev Scale: Cloudwalking
    Presumed Mythic Path: Hierophant
    36? Wow, dude's had a hard life! Looks more like 63!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    36? Wow, dude's had a hard life! Looks more like 63!
    If you got a decent pic, I'm all "eyes". :D

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

If you got a decent pic, I'm all "eyes". :D
    Most of my saved character art is female, but let's see what I can dig up.

Spoiler: 1
    Show

Spoiler: 2
    Show

Spoiler: 3
    Show

Some minor de-aging technique applied.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Thanks a bunch. I'll decide tomorrow since its pretty late here.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Gashur

Male Half-Orc CN Barbarian / Ranger

Spoiler: Choices
    Show
    Role: Damage Dealer / Scout
    Campaigh Trait: Stolen Fury
    Drawback: Pride
    Terendelev Scale: Cunning
    Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Large and muscular half-orc with a deep scar across his face. Wears two plain cold iron rings in the ear and the nose as if they were jevelry. Wears a set of studded leather as if that was his second skin. Has a long-shafted hammer in hand, which he seems like he would know how to use.
    Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Gashur is a son of an orc champion and his wife (formerly slave) of mixed ancestry. He was told by the parents that strong blood of the orcs, cunning blood of the humans and noble blood of the dragons run through his veins. He has received the best education available in the tribe, both physical and spiritual, although the later has had a rather limited success mostly due to lack of talent. From his mother, who was in no way a simple commoner, Gashur learned that the life was much better in civilized lands, or at least that it was claimed to be. This knowledge did not bring any immediate consequences as the position of power in the tribe granted Gashur's father (and, consequently, his family) a good enough standard of living and good enough place in the pecking order.

This hasn't changed even after Gashur, during one trip to yet another technological ruin, which he, along with his small team, used to plunder as youths, encountered there more than they could handle and were captured and then subjected to some demonic ritual. The ritual seems to have failed, most of the team were able to get mostly safely away, and the repeating nightmares were repeatedly discounted as something not worthy serious attention from the champion's son.

A sudden change of leadership in the tribe, with Gashur on the losing side, led him to leave the tribe for the time being. The crusaders were hiring at the moment, as they always are when it comes to able-bodied men, so Gashur took it as an opportunity to side with the people the new leadership would not want to mess with. While not initially bought into his employment with the crusaders, Gashur was certainly not slacking around, if only for reasons of pride and reputation. Though he eventualy took notice that his strange nightmares seem to bother him less and less now that he has actually faced the demons in combat. Just now, Gashur's service in Kenabares takes a turn to be much tougher than expected, but he is still fairly confident he'll come out alive.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Liking the PCs that i'm seeing so far. With RCGothic's sorcerer, a cleric and a range of melee types seem to be having a nicely rounded party

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

I should roll my goodberry to see how many berries I can start with
    berries - (2d4)[6]

Always curious how that works in world. Does the spellcaster grab a handful of berries and randomly tosses the unenchanted berries aside since it is random which get imbued lol

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

I might throw together rogue for this--I've got a concept floating around for a Cheliaxan spy on Mendev-Worldwound conflict who's never actually been to Cheliax (grew up in Kenebres raised by a pair of spies) that could be appropriate.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Using this handsome picture with that Charisma score should be illegal ub.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I hope im not too late but! I am interested in trying to play a fiend Keeper medium. Never played a medium but I just...really like the concept of the class.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflick View Post
    I hope im not too late but! I am interested in trying to play a fiend Keeper medium. Never played a medium but I just...really like the concept of the class.
    Should still be a little time if you hurry.

Fighting evil with evil, huh?
    So which spirit are you planning on summoning?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Whichever one happens to be around at the time! Gotta enjoy some versatilitythough bagging a few legendary spirits might be fun.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Markus Dedala

Show

Markus is a youngman who has spent most of his life within the city of Kenabres, and it show sin his apperance. Well groomed but practical, Markus wears the symbol of Imoedae on his gamberson, and usually has a few scrolls on his belt. Lore, reports, maps, whatever might be needed of the archives of Kenabres. Around his neck he wears a particularly striking symbol of Imoadae, slightly larger then most. He also has a few rags and oils on his belt for the sake of cleaning and polishing armor, the typical tools of a squire.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show

A hopeful archivist and squire with dreams of being a Paladin, he strives to be a prime example of a follower of Iomedae. Kind, Honorable, Brave, but he finds himself...lacking in those at times. Nervousness and slight paranoia always whispers in his mind, and he finds himself often failing to meet his own expectations. That and of course the stigma of his darkned soul has made him a being whose been watched with a careful eye, needing to find strength in his fail to keep from falling off that cliff of despair nd darkness. But...he has hope. Hope that he might be better, and become more then who he is, cursed soul be dammed.

Show

Markus hadnt always lived his life within the holy walls of Kenabres no, at one point in his life he lived wihin the wastes of the border, a child a cult who wished to let the demons into the mortal realm so that they might be embraced by that infernal power. In order to do this, they required a ritual, one hat needed the sarifice of a child by one's own blood. The Ritual would see the young Markus drowned within a pool of his parents blood, so that they might call forth a powerful demon to bind to the child....but as the ritual was being carried out something went wrong. As the child was pulled from the pool...he was still him? Not the Demon they sought to summon...or at least they thought, before Markus tore the heart from the chest of one of the Cultists...he ran after that, in a blur of both panic and violence...until he ran into a patrol of Paladins from Kenabres, who took him in and back to the city.

Since then, Markus in his gratitude to the paladins and believing that his fortune was a miracle from Iomedae herself, threw himself into the faith.It would help keep his resolve against certain...whispers of doubt in his mind. From the dreams of that smiling Crimson Man he saw that day. Even when he is awake, in the corner of his eye he can see it, if only for a moment. Yet, its never enough to sway him from his faith, from his studies...at least while the wards hold.

He'd study scriptures and attend ceremonies as much as he could, and dreamed of one day becoming a paladin of Iomedae herself. But, during the initiation to receive her divine gifts...he was rejected. her call did not come to him, even though he had shown such deep faith. Thus he'd try the next year. And the Next. And the Next.

And now he returns again, to the festival as a squire and archivist but with hopes of potentially being able to complete the initiation as a paladin! If only he knew how this would be the last day he would see Kenabres with any amount of hope.

Last edited by Shadowflick; 2021-08-02 at 10:08 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Also...which point buy would the Medium use? Since they technically COULD get 6th level spells depending on the situation

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflick View Post
    Also...which point buy would the Medium use? Since they technically COULD get 6th level spells depending on the situation
    Up to DrK (the OP).
    While in theory I could with Skald (so I took the 15 PB); I'll likely only get 5th due to my multiclassing plans.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's Linnea Redhammer. Dwarven Warpriestess of Torag, widow, and smasher of demons.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Here’s my entry!

Seira Santor

Female Aasimar LN Monster Tactician Inquisitor 2

Role: Meat Spawner / Reach Melee / Buffer
    Traits: Child of the Crusades, Crusader, Reactionary
    Drawbacks: Haunted
    Terendelev Scale: Retribution

Show
    Seira is tall and fair, with long silver hair tied back in a bun, and her perpetually stern complexion and faintly glowing orange eyes all serve to help her stand out in a crowd. Despite her relatively simple and unassuming clothes, she takes great care in maintaining a clean, flawless appearance. Some call her beautiful, but only in the sense that a sculpture or weapon could be—dispassionate and inhuman.

Seira is never without her armor and weapon, which she carries in a sling over her back.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Seira’s most deeply held belief is that chaos is the cause of all mortal suffering, and she has devoted her life to restoring order to the world. To her, the whole world is a machine, with every part having its place, and she is a mechanic. Magic, weapons, people—all are tools in her eyes.

Seira’s natural demeanor is calm and polite. While she is conscious of most social customs, her general nonconcern with suffering and death can be off-putting to some. While Seira is perfectly willing to harm or kill in order to advance her goals, she takes little pleasure in doing so—bloodshed in excess is antithetical to order, but death is always a tool in the universe’s toolbox.

Show
    29 years, 6 months, and 5 days ago, Seira was born. Neither of her parents had been aware of any celestial heritage, but Seira’s aasimar status became apparent soon after she was born, when a halo appeared a over her head as she began to cry. Her parents were crusaders, and as hospitaliers, she didn’t see much of them when she was growing up. Still, with no siblings and few friends, she loved them more than anything else in the world.

As Seira grew up, she began to assist her parents in various hospitals and infirmaries, and eventually blood and death became second nature to her. While she never learned the secret of magical healing, her skill at applying salves and poultices increased, an ability she has maintained over the years.

At the age of 16, disaster struck. A crusading party had been caught unaware and ambushed, with many deaths and injuries. As Seira’s parents began to tend to the wounded, a demon that had been possessing one of the corpses revealed itself. Seira remembers every moment of what happened next: how the demon loomed over the room, blocking out all light save her little halo, how the demon first killed her father as he was drawing his spear, splattering his blood and brains in Seira’s face. How the demon next killed her mother, plucking out her eyes and her heart, how the demon proceeded to then massacre the injured soldiers as Seira watched helplessly. The demon rushed at her with open claws, and just before her face was ripped open, Seira blacked out.

An indeterminate amount of time later, Seira heard voices shouting, and opened her eyes. She found herself kneeling in the middle of the room, which was dripping red and smelled like death. She herself was covered in so much blood that the crusaders who had been the first to respond had thought she was dead. She, however, was completely untouched—not a single scratch or bruise on her body. To this day, she doesn’t know why the demon didn’t kill her. All she remembers next of that day is staggering out of the building and collapsing once more.

The next few years were the darkest of Seira’s life. She remained under the care of the crusaders, slowly recovering and eventually learning how to wield a spear as her father had though never again would she shine her halo. In addition to it being the weapon of her father, she also saw a certain beauty in the art of the spear; no wild slashes or brutal beatings would get you as far as a clean, precise thrust through the heart. Throughout everything, she was constantly tortured by the fact that there was no rational reason for her to be alive. The demon could have easily killed her, or worse, and the fact that it didn’t nearly drove her over the edge. Eventually, this fixation mutated into a hatred of all things chaotic and unexplainable, and when Seira left the care of the crusaders at 25, she knew her purpose was clear: to eliminate chaos and uncertainty from the world, so that no one else could suffer in the way that she had.

(thanks RCgothic for the table template!)

edit: are custom weapons allowed? I’d like to alter Seira’s backstory a bit to incorporate a unique family weapon, but no worries if you’d rather not open that particular can of worms.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2021-07-29 at 10:55 PM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

So many great submissions here I am withdrawing to focus on your Savage Tides game.

Good Luck, all.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

So just adding a table of current applicants

Player Character Build Image
    RCGothic Tali Summers Human Sorcerer (exposed to awful)
    StarbukII Mong Ufbad Hald orc skald/bloodrager (Child Crusade)
    Zeone3000 Raizius Delius Human Magus (Stolen Fury)
    Cyclopean Tragmog Khut Bloodrager 2 (Stolen Fury)
    Spore Leonius Caela Telum Aasamir Cleric (touched by divinity)
    Novabomb Kel Vas Human Cavalier/Inspiring Commander (Child Crusade)
    U-b Gashur Half orc barbarian/ranger (Stolen Fury)
    Shadowflick Markus Dedala Human Medium (Stolen Fury)
    Khosan Linnea Redhammer Dwarf Warpriest (stolen fury)
    In4Dimensions Seira Santor Aasamir Inquisitor (Child Crusade)

As other applicants post sheets feel free to repost the table wit the new sheets
    Last edited by DrK; 2021-07-26 at 05:10 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Aight, let me correct some typos and oversights then.

Starbuck_II Mong Ufbad Half-Orc skald/bloodrager (Child Crusade)
    zeone3000 Raizius Delius Human Magus (Stolen Fury)
    Cyclopean Tragmog Khut Half-Orc Bloodrager 2 (Stolen Fury)
    Spore Leonius Caela Telum Aasimar Cleric (touched by divinity)
    u-b Gashur Half-Orc barbarian/ranger (Stolen Fury)
    In4Dimensions Seira Santor Aasimar Inquisitor (Child Crusade)
    Last edited by Spore; 2021-07-26 at 06:15 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Starbuck_II Mong Ufbad Half-Orc skald/bloodrager (Child Crusade)
    zeone3000 Raizius Delius Human Magus (Stolen Fury)
    Cyclopean Tragmok Khut Half-Orc Bloodrager 2 (Stolen Fury)
    Spore Leonius Caela Telum Aasimar Cleric (touched by divinity)
    u-b Gashur Half-Orc barbarian/ranger (Stolen Fury)
    In4Dimensions Seira Santor Aasimar Inquisitor (Child Crusade)

I've finished Tragmok and added an image for her.

EDIT: also added a few more portraits and fixed a typo.
    Last edited by Cyclopean; 2021-07-26 at 09:34 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

That is a lot of stolen fury and child crusades lol

Pretty interesting party members choices so far.