New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default 3e - Feat and/or PrC for a dvati/hivemind character?

I've had an idea floating in the back of my mind for some time, and I'm not sure what to do with it. The idea is two martially-minded characters that fight in perfect synchronicity, whether they be dvati twins, two bodies hiveminded under one mind, or two characters that can sync together to the point where they can act as one.

Looking around for feats, classes, and PrCs that would allow two fighters to act in perfect tandem has led nowhere, so I was wondering if maybe I've missed something, or if I'll have to come up with something myself.

I was thinking something along the lines of the following:

--Bonuses to fighting maneuvers while multiple bodies share a space, fighting together.
    --Can freely share a space with any other character of the same size (or at least the same sized space).
    --Count as 1 size category larger for combat maneuvers; space increases by 1 size category as well; for instance, two unenhanced Medium-sized humans counting as a Large creature with double reach.
    --Count as flanking to all opponents within reach due to constantly swapping places and creating openings.
    --Gain soft cover/miss chance due to using both bodies to manipulate each other's movements in unpredictable ways.
    --Act on the same initiative.
    --Can synchronize maneuvers to perform simultaneously (such as dual Whirlwind Attacks, simultaneous AoOs, etc).

Does anyone here know of any feats, classes, or PrCs that would help with this? Maybe more ideas for homebrewed stuff?
    Last edited by MaxiDuRaritry; 2021-09-21 at 07:12 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 3e - Feat and/or PrC for a dvati/hivemind character?

Ardent into Telflamar Shadowlord can manifest Fission to turn into two characters and then manifest multiple Dimension Swap with each one resulting in two synchronized full attacks. Dvati rules are super strange, but maybe allow you to skip the fission part?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

You could maybe homebrew a version of Elusive Target which lets you use its maneuvers when flanking with your twin, instead of by designating a target.

Becomes quite handy when paired Adaptable Flanker.

Maybe a bit too tame, power level-wise? but it would fit the picture.
    Hector Morris Ashburnum-Whit - Curse of the Crimson Throne - IC / OoC
    Bosek of Kuru - A Falling Star - IC / OoC
    Gifu Lavoi - Heritage of Kings - IC / OoC

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

I cannot remember if it is kobolds from 3.x or ratfolk from PF that have a teamwork feat to allow them to fight in the same space.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ratfolk in PF have that as a racial trait I think
    Hector Morris Ashburnum-Whit - Curse of the Crimson Throne - IC / OoC
    Bosek of Kuru - A Falling Star - IC / OoC
    Gifu Lavoi - Heritage of Kings - IC / OoC