A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: What would t1 Incarnum look like?

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    I had the feeling that planar binding was entirely centred around the assumption of a specific trap(the magical circle) they explicitly mention.
    Well then how are they doing anything at all with it? If the requirement for a magic circle is a hard requirement for the spell to function, rather than merely a requirement to keep the creature from killing you freely, Dread Necromancers can't even get "creatures hostile to them". Even if we do assume you can't do anything without magic circle, the Dread Necromancer can simply kill a 5th level Cleric or Wizard, turn them into a Corpse Creature with create undead, Rebuke them, and move on with their life. That's possible with only Dread Necromancer class features and spells.

Which parsing allows you to skip the trap step and still make opposed charisma checks while they are "until the target is free of that specific trap"?
    Well, I don't see the phrase "specific trap" in the spell text at all, but I can't help you there. But the basic argument is that it only says "You can attempt to compel the creature to perform a service by describing the service and perhaps offering some sort of reward." There's no requirement there that the creature be trapped when you make the check, just that you can no longer make the check when the creature breaks free. But the Dread Necromancer's plan isn't to make CHA checks at all, they're just going to explain to the thing they've bound that the choices are "cast the SLA I want you to" and "be torn apart by undead" and hope that whatever they've summoned is smart enough to want to remain alive.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPeasant View Post
    Giving it to only the Binder is, in my view, a blatant double standard.
    The initial versions at least (maybe still) give the same benefit to the Factotum, effectively treating it as if it had the following class feature:

Factotum's Permission (Ex): The Factotum can use tricks like Iajitsu Focus, Lucid Dreaming, UMD exploitation, and so forth. Other classes aren't allowed to do this, despite that you can take skills cross-class and there are a lot of ways to add to the total bonus.
    Last edited by icefractal; 2021-09-18 at 01:44 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

I feel a Soul Manifester / Soul Caster adaption for Binders, plus the Akashic Mystery classes / rule changes would be enough to make Incarnum Tier 1. And if it isnít T1 it is a versatile enough T2 that it does not matter.

Especially since veil weaving levels stack for your veil weaver with the Akashic Mysteries multiclassing rules. Likewise those same rules say you can swap Ability Modifiers if you have multiple classes that are veilweaver and they use different ability modifiers. Soul Manifester or Soul Caster gives you up to 6 Chakra Binds, even if they are the weaker binds you can grab via feats. And no other class abilities like breaking the essence caps via class abilities.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    I
    Especially since veil weaving levels stack for your veil weaver with the Akashic Mysteries multiclassing rules. Likewise those same rules say you can swap Ability Modifiers if you have multiple classes that are veilweaver and they use different ability modifiers.
    Could you point me at a source? I believe you but this is going to come up for my character and I canít find that rule. (In anything from DSP I mean. I find it in online source without a cite).

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnaeus View Post
    Could you point me at a source? I believe you but this is going to come up for my character and I canít find that rule. (In anything from DSP I mean. I find it in online source without a cite).
    I need to track it down, it may not be Akashic Mysteries but one of the later 3rd party Akasha / Incarnum books. If so sigh but that is the thing about 3rd party lots of DM adjudications.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

I need to track it down, it may not be Akashic Mysteries but one of the later 3rd party Akasha / Incarnum books. If so sigh but that is the thing about 3rd party lots of DM adjudications.
    Damn. That would have helped my guru/rajah a ton. Well, fingers crossed. Was really hoping you would say some errata I missed.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Damn. That would have helped my guru/rajah a ton. Well, fingers crossed. Was really hoping you would say some errata I missed.
    I am not seeing the text in

Akashic Mysteries with lead designer Michael Sayre (Dreamscarred Press) which does Daevic, Guru, Vizier
    or
    The City of 7 Seraphs: Akashic Trinity with lead designer Michael Sayre (Lost Spheres Publishing) which does Eclipse, Nexus, Radiant
    or
    Classes of the Lost Spheres: Zodiac with lead designer Michael Sayre (Lost Spheres Publishing) which does Zodiac.

Nor is it in
    Divergent Paths: Rajah with lead designer Anthony Cappel (Dreamscarred Press) which does Rajah

I have not checked the following products

Stormbound, Spellweaver, Volur, Spheres of Akasha, Studio M, all of those 5 things I just listed Hal Kennette as the lead designer. I do not own those books / pdfs so I can't comment on them.

There are some other 3rd party Akashic Materials that are not done by Michael Sayre or Hal Kennette but to my understanding those are the two main game designers for this 3rd party material.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2021-09-20 at 03:11 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

I am not seeing the text in

Akashic Mysteries with lead designer Michael Sayre (Dreamscarred Press) which does Daevic, Guru, Vizier
    or
    The City of 7 Seraphs: Akashic Trinity with lead designer Michael Sayre (Lost Spheres Publishing) which does Eclipse, Nexus, Radiant
    or
    Classes of the Lost Spheres: Zodiac with lead designer Michael Sayre (Lost Spheres Publishing) which does Zodiac.

Nor is it in
    Divergent Paths: Rajah with lead designer Anthony Cappel (Dreamscarred Press) which does Rajah

I have not checked the following products

Stormbound, Spellweaver, Volur, Spheres of Akasha, Studio M, all of those 5 things I just listed Hal Kennette as the lead designer. I do not own those books / pdfs so I can't comment on them.

There are some other 3rd party Akashic Materials that are not done by Michael Sayre or Hal Kennette but to my understanding those are the two main game designers for this 3rd party material.
    Thank you for your effort. My group is pretty first party focused (with DSP regarded as first party for psionic/akashic/POW,) itís not impossible that I could get my dm to accept a ruling from Michael Sayre after DSP folded, but sounds like Iím stuck.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you for your effort. My group is pretty first party focused (with DSP regarded as first party for psionic/akashic/POW,) itís not impossible that I could get my dm to accept a ruling from Michael Sayre after DSP folded, but sounds like Iím stuck.
    Anybody else reading this I would like an answer please for I am at my limit without buy new books

Here is Michael Sayre doing a FAQ in Nov 2020 and this was his multiclassing answer.

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs42esi&p...tions-Here#295

Please I beg anyone who is reading this

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    No, it's definitely the Summon Monster ability that does it. The icing is the everything else, which is saying something given that Mindsight, Telepathy, a Daze attack, and a suite of defense abilities are indeed pretty nice and could carry a vestige on their own.
    l.
    Mindsight would also be a factor to get it to T2, it shutdowns the stealth game.

I believe the originally it was if online vestiges, but that got shortened to just the summoning vestige as time went by.bI don't know if any of the others would matter and I can't find them anymore.

Edit 2 Astoraths one give divination spell the other gives suggestion and magic item creation

The other tier changes were Imperious command samurai, dungeon crasher, and level 20 truenamer.
    Last edited by Lans; 2021-09-22 at 12:00 AM.