New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Full BAB human paragon (without spellcasting)

Is there any issues in allowing a human paragon variant (like this) that drops spellcasting progression in exchange for full BAB? I can't see any reason to say no to something like this. Or am I missing something?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Full BAB human paragon (without spellcasting)

Why would you not take it?

If you can't think of a good reason not to take it then it may well too good

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

1 point of BAB for 2 lost casting levels? More than a fair trade, IMHO.

Also, for your own sanity, please be aware that dandwiki.com is NOT an official site, but rather a collection of homebrew which includes some official OGL items.

You are generally better off using d20srd.org or one of the other sites that confine themselves to official OGL items: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/ra...m#humanParagon

Oh I see, my bad, you were linking to a variant.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    1 point of BAB for 2 lost casting levels? More than a fair trade, IMHO.
    Right. The only reason to deny this trade-off would be to prevent a fighter that wants to maintain full BAB and needs the skills from being a party face or something. I can't think of any implications of a full BAB human paragon that would unbalance the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    Also, for your own sanity, please be aware that dandwiki.com is NOT an official site, but rather a collection of homebrew which includes some official OGL items.

You are generally better off using d20srd.org or one of the other sites that confine themselves to official OGL items: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/ra...m#humanParagon
    Oh, believe me, I know. I hesitated before posting it.
    Last edited by redking; 2021-07-26 at 12:45 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by redking View Post
    Right. The only reason to deny this trade-off would be to prevent a fighter that wants to maintain full BAB and needs the skills from being a party face or something. I can't think of any implications of a full BAB human paragon that would unbalance the game.
    Well skill requirements for PRC entry will be lot easier

That's not unbalancing v casters of course, but if any martial who cares about skills has no reason not to take it it is more powerful than other options for them
    Last edited by wilphe; 2021-07-27 at 02:45 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    That's not unbalancing v casters of course, but if any martial who cares about skills has no reason not to take it it is more powerful than other options for them
    It pretty clearly isn’t. Good bab, 1 good save, 1 feat, +2 to a stat, 4 skills freely chosen, one martial weapon

Ranger. Good BAB. 2 good saves. 3 feats (2 useless except as prerequisites). 6 skills from a good list. Favored enemy. All martial weapons. Shields. Access to spell trigger items from ranger spell list. Roughly 29 available ACFs many better than vanilla ranger.

I can easily think of builds favoring either one over the other. In a vaccum, Ranger 3 is stronger.
    Last edited by Gnaeus; 2021-07-27 at 03:50 PM.