New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 35 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default What? The World Needs Saving AGAIN!? IC Thread 11

Jade’s funeral was presided over by a purple-haired cleric of Helm, who opened with the story of how they’d met. He was being chased by wolves and she leapt out and started stabbing them. She thanked him for being bait, she’d been hunting the wolves for a few days.
    Their adventures were long, but she had been the heart if the team, who genuinely wanted to be there.

The will-reading then came.

"Her magic swords, Dindød and Kilith, along with her magic armor, Shac’r Duun Den, and her magic Buckler, Condom, are to go to the first wandering band of violent homeless people the town comes across. Her bag of holding, Sacky, shall go to Lady Xelphilia Moonfire. Finally, all of her funds are to go to the town of New Loudwater, so that it may grow into a peaceful and prosperous town." He cried a bit. "I’ll miss you, you annoying little goblin."
    He cleared his throat. "She was cremated, and will be planted along with a seed."
    That was done in permafrost, an evergreen tree planted to stand in the cold.
    "She always said her green skin would blend in with the snow... now her green leaves may do the same. You may approach the sapling and say your good-byes."

Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-09-15 at 08:55 AM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World Needs Saving AGAIN!? IC Thread 11

Sirthis didn't really feel the need to pay his goodbyes since he could just hop planes to where Jade was, but nonetheless strode forward, picking up a small rock which he Stoneshaped into her name (wrote in common) laying it in front of the tree.
    "Me, Goccia and Pioggia will miss you, Teach. See you soon" he murmured, backing off.

Eris stood awkwardly on the side, feeling too conscious about killing her to say goodbye in front of her friends.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

The funeral soon included a band that sang about Jade and her party (the Dragons of Loudwater) taking on Morhail as he attempted to destroy Neverwinter.

And then it concluded, allowing them all to go home.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry it wasn't a spectacle, but Jade didn't want her death to be a big deal. Back to speeding through time? Holly's birth?
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

cool Re: What? The World Needs Saving AGAIN!? IC Thread 11

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    I think Sirthis' homunculus will be born before that.

Eris' too maybe? She's gonna try becoming a wizard basically a week after the Stelus' duel.

I don't remember what else we had in store.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Okay give me... five wizard checks from Eris.

As for Sirthis... make your homunculus.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    I think Eris will turn her fighter levels into wizard levels. Training with training, you know? Malyanna's wrong on being all uppity about wizarding.

(1d20+5)[17]
    (1d20+5)[13]
    (1d20+5)[15]
    (1d20+5)[8]
    (1d20+5)[13]

Sirthis meanwhile was in his room, churning into a bowl aided by Vomiting. Which was mostly just scene because he could just Wish without doing the one hour casting for Create Homunculus.

At the end, a small humanoid creature made out of intertwined rose stalks, with thorns for teeth and roses for eyes (they closed and opened whenever the homunculus blinked) stood into the bowl.
    "Think I'll call you... Hedge"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Hedge blinked its eyes on its stem eyestalks. "What... what am I?" It asked.

Show
    What 2 Languages does Hedge soeak?
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

"You're my homunculus and Envoy of the Pet Army" Sirthis replied with a smile, carefully stroking its head "In other words, we'll be the bestest of friends. I'm Sirthis Elvaninn the Fool, your creator" he presented himself.

Show
    I think the obvious choices would be Sylvan and Common.

Also uh, Eris failed all her checks. She doesn't wanna be a wizard. Wizards suck!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Don’t tell about your private time!

"Envoy... ah! An important position! I will require a scepter befitting my station!" Hedge said.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

"How about..." Sirthis showed Hedge the Continual Flames Scepter "This? Stole it from a Great Wyrm, you know? I can see if I can resize it if it's too big" he was holding it by one of the flaming parts to show that it didn't actually hurt.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Hedge picked it up and waved it around. "Haha, yes! I am now Envoy!"
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

cool Re: What? The World Needs Saving AGAIN!? IC Thread 11

Sirthis smiled and stood.
    "Let me show you your home- especially my family" he said, eager to show Hedge to his kids.
    "Oh, and this is Chocolate. He's my Left Hand" he showed the butterdragon.

Show
    List of all titles:

Sirthis: Fool, General of the Pet Army
    Briar: Right Hand, Commander of the Pet Army
    Chocolate: Left Hand, Spymaster of the Pet Army
    Hedge: Mouth (?), Envoy of the Pet Army

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

"Greetings, Leftie!" The plant said.
    Mab had set up a playroom for the kids separate from the flower room because of how often they needed to clear the kids out. There were block puzzles, dolls, and big stuffed animals.

"Come to Mommy, Alifa!" Mab was saying. Alifa was on her hands and knees, but instead of crawling she started bouncing in place, not making any forward progress.
    "Good! That’s it!" Boots put down her half of the big stuffed bear and ran up to Sirthis.

"Lala! Lala! New dolly!" She reached up for Hedge.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"Heeeey! Not a dolly" Sirthis knelt so that Boots could reach for Hedge, who could just fly away if it wanted to "Meet Hedge. Hedge, these are my wife Mab and our daughters, Clephesia and Alifa. Clephesia's the older one but we call her Boots" he presented them and hugged his daughter, meanwhile watching the progress of the younger sister. Or lack of.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Boots hugged Hedge tight.
    "Agghkt!"

Mab put one of the blocks in front of Alifa. Sge reached for it but Mab pulled it out of reach. Slapping the ground and squirming, Alifa chased the block and grabbed it, slobbering all over it. "Good girl!"
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis clapped happily "Very good Alifa! Boots, I think you're hugging Hedge a little too thight" he suggested hearing the strangled sound "Consider him only a little tougher then a cat"

Show
    Eris' Homunculus will run around with a tiny spear and shield hunting mice and small birds down, I tell you. Maybe trying to ride Tor.

Aaaaanyway... Kfowoap yeah.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

furious Re: What? The World Needs Saving AGAIN!? IC Thread 11

"Come play!" Boots passed Hedge and Sirthis each a stuffed animal and had the bear walk up to them.
    "Hi-hi!" Boots as Bear said. "Jump!" And she threw her bear in the air.

"Now can you reach this one?" Mab grabbed the closest thing – another block. Alifa lunged forward and grabbed it with her other hand.

"Good!" Mab put the block box with the different block shapes in it in front of her next.
    "Mama!" Boots called.
    "Yes, Boots?"
    "Look! High!" Boots threw the bear again.
    "That’s very high, Boots. Can you-"
    Mab stopped when she heard wood slap on wood a few times, then stop as the triangle block slid into the right spot and rattled inside the box. Alifa lifted the star block and, after a few tries, got it into the box as well through its hole.
    "...Alifa, good job!" Mab scooped up the other blocks and put them next to her.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis clapped with his stuffed animal -a giant fly- mimicking the sound of claps with his voice, then falling into... After a brief thought he used Dahlia's voice as his fake animal one.
    "Great job Alifa! Very high Boots!" He said holding the doll in front of himself to cover the moving mouth, buzzing along.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

"I am also impressed," Hedge said not doing a voice.
    Alifa picked up another block and started gumming it.
    "Oh, that's fine Alifa. Very good job." Mab started giving Alifa kiss after kiss on her cheeks.
    Alifa kept gumming her block for awhile. Aerthis and Calis came in after not too long, looking for him. Relliss joined them as well.

Sirthis played with his family all day, carrying the kids around, doing voices as stuffed animals, helping Alifa with the block puzzle, and kissing Boots's boo-boos whenever she made up an injury to get more kisses.
    "Lala, me nose gone!"
    kiss kiss
    "All better!"

Show
    Alright! Anything before Holly's birth? If not, give me ten Wizard checks from Eris.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Ten wizards check
    Show

(1d20+5)[16]
    (1d20+5)[19]
    (1d20+5)[15]
    (1d20+5)[13]
    (1d20+5)[17]
    (1d20+5)[7]
    (1d20+5)[16]
    (1d20+5)[12]
    (1d20+5)[18]
    (1d20+5)[14]

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Another birth came, and this time Buy was able to come for it. Minthe had Sirthis hold Phrixia's hand and after a pretty normal birth Phrixia was holding a lovely baby, pale even against her pink skin.
    "Oh, look at them!" the exhausted mother said, giving Holly their first kiss on the head despite their crying.
    "Sirthis, say hello!"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

"Hi, Holly" Sirthis smiled and knelt, putting his hands on Phrixia's and kissing Holly's cheek "Welcome to the world" then he started to sing the birth song (rearranged for them).

Show
    Performance! (1d20+18)[25] adv. (1d20+18)[22] Lucky (1d20+18)[31]

Peerless Skill (1d12)[12]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Holly cried until Phrixia passed them into Sirthis's arms. They stopped after a bit, their eyes closed while they listened to Sirthis's singing. Then they fell asleep.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

"They're so adorable" Sirthis whispered to Phrixia, gently rocking Holly in his arms as the baby slept.
    "Love you, Holly" he gave them another kiss, though letting Holly sleep in peace afterwards.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Phrixia picked them up again and laid back on her bed of flowers. "Let Mommy know when you're hungry?" She asked Holly.

Buy was soon brought to the playroom where all of Sirthis's kids listened to Mab read them a story. Sirthis was holding Alifa.

"But only a moment, because all about her, shining in the dark, she saw the glow of hundreds of eyes, feline eyes glimmering in the dark. Suddenly about her lanterns flared to light and the girl saw she was no longer in a wood at all. Here, she saw a grand ballroom, festively decorated and filled to the brim with cats. Big cats, small ones, old cats, young ones, cats of every breed and color, and in the center of the great hall upon a stage stood the girl's feline guide. Only now, she was dressed in very fine robes, and upon her head sat a thin golden crown of wrought golden leaves.

The girl stood in wonder and amazement as the great host of cats bowed to their princess and then, in turn, bowed to her. 'The world of men is heavy and hard,' the princessly cat proclaimed. 'But here, across the veil, we move with lighter step. Dance with us, child, and forget your troubles for a spell.'"

"This..." Buy chuckled. "These're all yer kids?"
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

"All the born ones, yes" Sirthis chuckled along, talking low to not disturb Mab "Amete, Tereine, Prisma and all the dryads in the Maze are pregnant. Oh and we have a dragon egg too" he told him "Although I haven't had a direct hand in making that egg"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Buy’s eyes popped open. "All o’em? An’... yer gonna be a father to a hunnert kids?"
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

"That is accurate" Sirthis beamed with love and happiness "Just look at them. I'm gonna be the luckiest father in the universe. As much as I'm a lucky husband I bet" he blew a kiss to Mab.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-07-31 at 10:49 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Mab caught the kiss and patted Boots’s cheek with it before continuing.
    Buy laughed. "That’s ridiculous. Yer ridiculous." He smacked Sirthis’s back. "The hell happened to you?"
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

"I found my place in the universe" Sirthis replied, closing his eyes "If I listen, I can tell. Everything around me- voices, movements, vibrations, smells, they all tell me one thing. I'm who I want to be, when I want to be and where I want to be" he explained, thinking himself extremely clear in his explanation.

"...with a few caveats. I'm still not hot on the whole druid thing and for example, you know, being in my room with my wife is often also who, where and when I want to be, but you understand what I mean"