New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World Needs Saving AGAIN!? IC Thread 11

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Yeah! Sirthis is really excited about this one.

Not that he was not excited for everybody else but the fact that he went to seek and find Prisma specifically for Noxan means he put a lot more effort in having this kid.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

The next birth was of Noxan, Prisma's. Klokharei delivered her, and gave Prisma all the kisses she needed to get through it.
    And after an agonizing process Prisma was holding her and Sirthis's baby in her arms.
    "Hello," she whispered to the baby. "It's your mama." But Noxan just cried. Which was good, of course.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis held Prisma gently, smiling from above her shoulder down at his youngest daughter.
    "Hello, Noxan" he whispered "I'm your father. And we already love you infinitely" Sirthis kissed Prisma's cheek before he started to sing for his child.

Because no newborn could be birthed without a song to welcome them.

Show
    Performance! (1d20+18)[19] lucky (1d20+18)[35]

Peerless Skill (1d12)[4]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    39? You're losing your touch.

Noxan whined into Prisma's face for awhile, then calmed down as slept.
    "Well," Prisma said, "You know where to find me. I'll have her over at the Diamond-"

"There will be no need for that,"
    Tanaquill said, appearing in a storm of prismatic feathers.
    "Apologies for the sudden appearance, but it is time to merge Faerie with the Shadowfell."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

"Whoa, wait, what? Uuuuuh we get all the edgy hot elves then?" Sirthis exclaimed happy about the likely least important thing right now "Wait, what about the Shadow Weave? And Shar?"

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

"That is why this took so long. But the planes are merging already, we are simply merging them early so that we can do so safely. In a few months we shall merge the... Shadow Faerie? with Toril and prepare the planet the best we can for Abeir’s arrival."
    "So What is going where?"
    "Fortunately, as they are mirrors of one another, the land is mostly the same, so we shall simply layer those together. The greater issue is where the people will go, and where the monsters will go. Shar will have the Isle of Dread for her monsters and followers, and the Shadow Weave shall remain there. Everywhere else will be mostly Faerie, but the Sylphs, Regalia, and both Queendoms may have many refugees."

Mab frowned. "We will need more farmland."
    "I can manage to add some land here and there while we unite. Sirthis, you have two days to get everybody off the Isle of Dread. Apologies for the short notice, but the compromise was only just achieved."
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-08-01 at 04:36 PM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

"Two days? They're scared of magic and non-humans!" Sirthis exclaimed hearing it "I... Ah... Alright maybe I know how, but I gotta hurry up" he took out his Sune symbol "I don't suppose you can tell Sune she's allowed to answer my Divine Intervention just for this? Told me gods aren't allowed to reply to one anymore if they know Wish. No, I'm not bitter" he was.

Sirthis' voice had gotten really shrill at this point. He was trying to keep it down for Noxan but felt very stressed out.

Spoiler: Sending to Leff
    Show
    Yo, the Isle of Dread is gonna be flooded with Shadowfell monsters. Everybody will be eaten and die horribly. Two days to get them out.

Spoiler: Sending to Malyanna
    Show
    I need to speak to you and your farmer family ASAP. You home right now?
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-08-01 at 05:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

"I can lift the restriction, I'm sure Shar and Bhaal would be thrilled," Tanaquill said dryly. "But since it's in the interest of aiding with the relocation effort that is our project I can make an exception."

Spoiler: Malyanna
    Show

I am actually not home, I am trying to convince these Dread people to come join me but they seem terrified. It occurs to me–

Spoiler: Leff
    Show
    Thanks for the head's up!
    Leff flew on Roa up to Eris, who was flying Aklah around to get in the wyvern's exercise. "Trouble. The Isle of Dread is about to get filled with monsters and Sirthis needs help evacuating the island."
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    It's about that. Your farmers come from the Isle of Dread right? They can help us convince them, they'll trust people of their own group.

"Alright, I have kind of a plan with Malyanna and have notified the Lelahinns. If it turns out it's not enough and I need Sune's help I'll tell you" Sirthis said.
    "Speaking of which, uh. Malyanna is already there trying to save those people. At least I think that's what she wants to do" he knew Malyanna had made big leaps but he hadn't yet seen her help the living- not those she hadn't bonded with at least.

Well, not in front of him.

"Crap. Mmm..." Eris frowned and looked down at Aklah "They hate dragons, right? If we show up with a wyvern you think they'll listen to us more? You could make an open Gate to let people pass through right?"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Malyanna
    Show
    Clever! Use their paranoid nature to gain their trust. Can you pick them up on the way over?

"Thank you, Sirthis," Tanaquill said. "It's mortals like you who make me think this world will be alright." And she was gone.

"I don't know that we can count on them to know that wyverns are natural enemies of dragons," Leff said. "We didn't know until we met the giants. But yes, I could put a Gate up. Where should it lead to?"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Assuming I can navigate your place without you there, yeah.

Sirthis smiled "I'm an exemplary mortal according to the Overgod of our universe. Suck it Good guys!" he kissed Mab "Joking aside, I really need to not lose time" then huffed over to Prisma.
    "I know you want to get back home, but do you mind staying here a bit more today? I'm not sure how much magic I'll need. Rest assured I'll leave enough to get you home"

"They recognized Aklah on our first visit there so they should be able to. And hey, I knew! Not that the giants created them though. Anyway... Let's go ask for whoever's the person that replaced Zorn. Those are a lot of people and I'm not sure we can house a lot of fearful humans without the city's help- if they can help us prepare for them we could set a Gate somewhere in their premises. In any case we first need to go convince them- it would be a waste if the spell ran out before we can talk then into following us"

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Prisma nodded. "I... my home will be here and not in shadow?"

"I think they'll be afraid of Aklah," Leff said bluntly. "Let's go talk to Zorne's replacement."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes. Not immediately, but by the looks of it it'll take only a couple days" Sirthis told Prisma "I... I don't want to insult your place, but I think you'll be way happier when your diamond cave is in the Feywild" he bit his tongue before being able to add 'as long as you're in Unseelie territory'. He didn't want to expose Prisma to the idea of that kind of potential danger just yet.

Show
    After hearing what Titania I did to Amete Sirthis doesn't think Titania II wouldn't do anything similar, and she seems to love gems.

Sirthis doesn't put it above Titania II and like-minded subjects to go and strip Prisma's cave of it's beauty.

"I really don't get it but fine, we'll leave her home" Eris said turning around to lead Aklah back to her place "Maybe Mávro can take over her exercise"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-08-01 at 07:35 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, the Shadowfell is terrible. Nobody wants to live there," Prisma said bluntly. "Thank you for coming for me."

Mávro did, and Leff and Eris were soon facing Lionshield Tiq in his office.
    "How may I help you?"
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis smiled and kissed Prisma, then waved his fairy wand and got out. He Plane Shifted over to Baldur's Gate and before anybody could address him he just Plane Shifted over to Malyanna's place.

"We have discovered that there is a large number of humans on an island that will be soon be swarmed by monsters" Eris said "We want to find a way to get them out. But the thing is... These people have been living in seclusion for ages. I mean 'Abeir-Toril' level. They are also afraid of non-humans or at least distrustful- thing is, our home is basically ninty-nine percent non-humans. We're worried that thrusting them into such an environment would scare them needlessly and wanted to ask for Baldur's Gate's help in housing them"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

He was greeted by a smiling Anna.
    "Hello, Sirthis! Can I help you with anything?"

She stressed anything a little hard.

The lionshield frowned.
    "We can provide food," Leflabah said. "Assuming you have a human mage who can flavor it."
    "I... if you provide food for them I believe we can get them back on their feet," Tiq agreed. "I’ll handle the council by the time you bring them here."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

"As much as I'd like to take you up on that offer" Sirthis hugged Anna, placing a kiss on her lips because being in a hurry didn't mean being rude (yeah, right) and rapidly added "I need to talk to those farmers that you got as gardeners. The island they were part of is going to be overrun with monsters and they could help save their kin"

"Great, we owe you one. Let's head out Leff" Eris stood up "How time sensitive is it? Should we Shift -or Teleport, whatever- or does a Wind Walk suffice?"

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Anna held onto his arm after he pulled away. "Maly said she wanted this to be a surprise. Did she say you could talk to them?"

"We have two days," Leff said. "Unfortunately the rock I grabbed wasn't taken from there within the last six months, so can't be used as an associated object. Teleportation isn't a sure thing unless we scry Sirthis and teleport him. But I don't have Scrying prepared."
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

"She said to pick them up on my way over" Sirthis said "And I didn't know anything about a surprise... Which I guess is kind of the point"

"We can Wind Walk there then" Eris said "This is good actually. Those Teleports could be more useful to take them here rather then bring us there, and since once casted you would need to sleep and continue tomorrow it doesn't actually matter if we lose eight hours traveling today as long as we get to use all the needed magic before it's time to rest up"

Show
    Basically Eris is saying that since Leff has a fixed amount of daily spell slots and since people cannot long rest multiple times a day as long as they get to use those before long resting it doesn't matter wether they lose eight hours or not.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Anna led Sirthis outside of the illusory castle, and Sirthis saw the farmland and villages stretch around for miles. He estimated the spot to be roughly populated with about a quarter of the Isles of Dread. Flying up, he could tell the borders were moving very narrowly toward the river to the south.
    It seemed like Malyanna was making her own Queendom.

"Alright. Let's head over," Leff said. Right in front of Lionshield Tiq, she lit Eris and herself on fire for a minute before they burned away into smoke.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis whistled.
    "You've been doing great things lately uh? I'm excited to see what you've accomplished once it's all done. That said..." he looked down at the farmers "You know anybody specifically who's like a leader to them or is any random person fine?"

Eris flew through Leff a couple times always happy to be set on fire before flowing outside and away towards the Isle.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Anna blushed and pointed out an older man who was not doing direct farm work, but was leading a child who had injured his eye into one of the houses.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis touched down, walking the rest of the way as to not fly straight in the face of someone who likely doesn't trust magic a lot.
    "I'm sorry to disturb" he spoke in Netheril to the man "But I need to speak to you. I've been told you're kind of a spokeperson to these people- I'm a friend of Malyanna, Sirthis" he introduced himself, then looked down at the child "I'm also an healer, if that can be of use. Though it's not why I've come in the first place"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

The man looked down at the boy, who glanced at Sirthis fearfully.
    "Go ahead," said the old man, and the boy held out his bleeding hand to Sirthis.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis smiled, kneeling and taking the child's hand gently in his.
    "Think of the warmth of the hug of someone you love" Sirthis told the kid "It's the same" then he summoned Sune's healing grace.

Show
    Cure Wounds will be enough I think?

+16 hp, lv. 1 CW (bit of an overkill but Sirthis can't heal less then that).

And then Prestidigitation to clean the blood off of the healed hand.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

The kid watched his hand heal and clean off, shrank behind the man, smiled up at Sirthis, and ran off to go hug someone who was planting.

"How may I help you?" the elder asked.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis waved the kid off with a smile, then looked at the elder.
    "It's about the island from where you come from" he said "We've discovered that soon monsters will overflow on the island and likely they will kill any humanoid there. I can lead them out but... I don't need to explain to you why they may not trust me, right? Especially if I show up and tell them that they need to abandon everything they have. But if one of their own came with me, someone who could act as a mediator and explain life out here... Together, we'd be able to save many lives. Possibly all of them"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-08-02 at 12:22 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

"When do we go?" he asked, seeming like he was down.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

"Today if possible. The earlier the better- even right now" Sirthis said "If you've got any object that came from the Isle within the last six months it'd be better. Makes teleportation more precise" he told him.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

He tapped his walking stick twice.
    Show