New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World Needs Saving AGAIN!? IC Thread 11

"Good" Sirthis put an hand on the stick and an hand on the man "Let's go"

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Since we got an item better not risk it with Plane Shift. Sirthis will cast Teleport to bring them over to the Isle of Dread.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis and the old man appeared on the coast where fishing and coconut harvesting was occurring. Malyanna wasn't in immediate view.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmm... Malyanna's not in sight, but the island is big" Sirthis shrugged "Any acquitance you recognize that we can ask first? Meanwhile I'll check where's Malyanna" he Sent to her.

Spoiler: Sending
    Show
    I'm at the Isle. Not sure where, along the coast with fishermen and harvesters.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Malyanna
    Show
    I'm closer to the middle.

"Yes, these are my people." He started walking over to them.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright, Malyanna's nearer the middle. I can't tell you how to talk with your people, but I do believe we should set up a chain- you spread the word to them, who in turn spread the word reaching to other villages- a couple of my friends are coming who will make three of us who can get all of you out. As long as you form three groups there's no need to gather everyone in the exact same spot" Sirthis said "Well... I suppose that's not exact, but I think it's close enough" tecnically since Sirthis had much more magic then the wizards he should get a bigger group, but he could just move.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

"Good thought," was all he said as he embraced the first fisherman on the coast. "We'll send everyone to the middle."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

"Got it. I'll wait you there I suppose?' Sirthis asked, unsure if he needed him for anything or not. Assuming he got a 'sure' or something like that he flew off, seeking Malyanna out.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

There was no response.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis took that as a yes. Or maybe he thought standing around would just make him useless. Regardless, he took off and flew towards the center, searching for Malyanna.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Malyanna was near the center, assembling a small collection of villagers who seemed to believe her.
    "Sirthis! It's great to have you!"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

"And I'm glad to be here" Sirthis smiled touching down next to her "The elder of your farmers came with me. He said him and his people are going to send everybody to the center- and the Lelahinns are coming over too" he explained "Malyanna, your memory and processing power far outpaces mine. How many people can walk through one casting of Gate? Do you believe we can get everybody in a day assuming... I'm not sure, six Gates?"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-08-02 at 05:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

"Gate doesn't stay open very long," Malyanna said. "If you can turn everyone into bugs or something small like that that would be really helpful. If you did that, I think we could probably get everyone in three gos."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

"I can do no such thing" Sirthis shook his head "Without a fellow conjurer that spell is useless, and I haven't even been conjuring lately. Well, not the way I used to. Even if I could it has a thirty feet radius and requires my focus- I would be able to turn only a small bunch of people at once, send them through, then cast it all over again" he explained.

"That said, if you think three castings of Animal Shapes would be enough I could Wish for it, but I won't be able to Gate. Lastly, I can ask Tanaquill that we need Sune's help after all- albeit that still hinges on me getting my Divine Intervention through"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, let's do all the Gates we can today, don't worry I've got room for them, and then we'll plan for how many we can get tomorrow when you can prepare Animal Shapes if that's a good idea," Malyanna suggests.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

"Got it. Should we organize them in four lines?" Sirthis asked "Gates are big enough for four people to cross them at once, so by making four adjacent lines we could fit... What, eighty people with each casting? Assuming three seconds for each row of four, which is a fairly slow pace- but I have to assume some will dilly-dally or whatever"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-08-02 at 07:35 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds good."

Leff and Eris formed to see four decently orderly lines set up leading to Sirthis and Malyanna in the ruins left by the Tarrasque.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Eris approached the group, waving.
    "Alright, we're here. Baldur's Gate is willing to help us house them"

"Actually, no need for that. I've seen Malyanna's place and it'd be a great home for them- we can take them there. We've ordered these humans in four lines to mak'em pass through Gates- if you've got any idea to speed them along that'd be great" Sirthis suggested "Malyanna had proposed to turn them into small animals that we can speed along inside a Gate but I haven't got the spell"

"Mmm... Maybe" Eris took a moment to think while letting Leff weigh in.

"...uh. How stupid is it to put people inside my Bag of Holding? And how about making a Demiplane? The three of you don't need to Wish for it and Demiplanes are not only quite spacious but also don't impact our Gate castings. We can just open the Demiplane back in Malyanna's lands"

Show
    Daily rolls (5d20)[13][8][20][9][1](51)

Eris would've gone back to Fighter from Wizard. Knowing that is she capable of changing classes currently? Like Fighter to Druid (or Wizard again)?

And would she become a druid with spells prepared (meaning she could cast Animal Shapes right away)? Same for Wizard.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    14 more days.

Malyanna smiled and waved.
    "You have room for everyone?"

"I have outposts out to the Lake of Dreams. I can keep them safe, and a bunch of Shadar-Kai from the Shadowfell, too."

"The lake of dreams?"

"Where do you think my diamonds came from? Shadow Magic and Astral Imagination. I’ve unlocked the secret to unlimited resources, and I’m most of the way to getting all we need for Sirthis’s ritual. Once I have a populous enough country I’ll make a ring around the Lake and have it as an official part of my Queendom."
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

"I... Understand about a tenth of what you've just said, but I've seen the preparations and I know that the end result is gonna be great even if I've got no clue about the process" Sirthis leaned in and kissed Malyanna "Now though, I think we should get to work"

"Alright, I have nothing else to add to the tactics you've already concocted" Eris said "My ability to change is on cooldown currently"

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

"Are your... thoughts under control? The Lake of Dreams could get a lot out of your head."
    Malyanna stared at her coldly.
    "There is no more disciplined mind in the world."
    She kissed Sirthis.
    "I think we have eighty."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

"She was just worrying about you" Sirthis whispered in Malyanna's ear. Well, Leff probably was also worried of what could come out of there but Sirthis didn't care about that.

"Well then" Sirthis turned to the groups of people "We're going to open a big passage- moving through will lead you to a place where you'll find many of your people already there. The only thing I ask is that you enter in an orderly manner but a good pace- the spell doesn't last long and the more of you enter, the more people we can bring out of the island before it's too late" he instructed them, waiting for looks of understanding.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Malyanna narrowed her eyes.
    "Alright. Can you explain what we'll do to these people? You're better with words than me."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

"I can. And I'm the most human-looking out of us four too" Sirthis turned to address the group of people "We're going to open a big passage- moving through will lead you to a place where you'll find many of your people already there. The only thing I ask is that you enter in an orderly manner but a good pace- the spell doesn't last long and the more of you enter, the more people we can bring out of the island before it's too late" he explained "On the other side your kin has already established a village, with plenty of farmable land- don't worry, you'll be among friends with everything to live your life well" Sirthis checked for looks of understanding.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

They looked not super enthusiastic, but parents picked their kids up or put them on their shoulders so they could go through at the same time as their kids.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

"Great, that will speed things along" Sirthis smiled and reached in front of the first row, holding the Gate's material component in one hand "Ready? Go" and opened a Gate to Malyanna's land, sticking a hand in and pulling it out to show the people that it didn't hurt.

More specifically near where he departed from.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-08-03 at 08:53 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

The people started filing in at something of a pace.
    It's right about then that the ground started to shake and cracks formed, splitting open the Isle of Dread as two massive monsters came forth. One they recognized, the other they did not.

Spoiler: Obox-Ob
    Show

Spoiler: Other
    Show

As the cracks formed, several people in the line started falling in. Reaching out with pockets of heat, Leff caught ten of them in a slow fall, but six more were falling as well and Malyanna made no move to save them, instead staring at the demons.

Show
    It's initiative!
    Obox-Ob: (1d20+14)[20]
    Other: (1d20+12)[30]
    Leff: (1d20+2)[15]
    Malyanna: (1d20+8)[19]
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

"I thought we h- mh, I don't think this has anything to do with why we're" Sirthis sent streams of roses to get the six leftover falling people.

Eris wielded Rumi.
    "Don't know their plan but I'm not backing off! Malyanna, Leff, Sirthis, I can ensure one of them fails once at resisting a spell- tell me if you use a spell worth that chance!" she exclaimed.
    "Well, assuming they can fail in the first place"

Show
    I was not expecting this.

Eris: (1d20+5)[13] adv. (1d20+5)[24]
    Sirthis: (1d20+11)[27]

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

The many-jawed creature bursting forward headed right for Sirthis, its five jaws snapping at him even as its yellow tail smashed a new path through the ground to smack Eris aside, but the devastating blow failed to move her even as the serpentine demon closed its jaws around Sirthis, sealing him almost from view within its rancid maw.

Show
    47 bludgeoning damage to Eris, 39 piercing and 18 poison to Sirthis. Also it is Sirthis's turn.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

"Gh... Look, I like bites and being drooled over as much as the next guy, but this is just too much!" Sirthis puffed out through the small opening to the outside, reappearing 30 feet farther with green bolts slamming into Obox-Ob "Honestly I've got no idea who's the worst target"

Show
    Misty Step, away 30 feet.

Then action to Eldritch Blast Obox-Ob.
    (1d20+12)[25] damage (1d10+6)[10]
    (1d20+12)[13] damage (1d10+6)[10]
    (1d20+12)[24] damage (1d10+6)[7]
    (1d20+12)[21] damage (1d10+6)[9]

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

As Sirthis cast Misty Step, nothing happened.
    Show
    Still wnat to EB?
    Show