New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World Needs Saving AGAIN!? IC Thread 11

Briar whinnied a few complaints but flew Sirthis around. One the East side of the Fortress he spotted Prisma waving from her cavern mouth.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis waved and brought Briar down, touching down in front of the cave.
    "Briar, Chocolate, never enter this cave. The elemental doesn't know you're friends" he warned before getting down and walking in to hug Prisma.
    "Welcome in the Feywild! Feyfell. Shadowild?"

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

"This is a plane that's never existed," Prisma said, kissing him. "As the husband of one of the two major powers here, you might be able to have a say in what the plane is called."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis pointed up.
    "I like Aurora for now, but there'll be time" he said, figuring that it was a fairly good name alongside stuff like "Celestia", "Limbo" and "Abyss".
    "Since you're on Unseelie territory now, want me to leave a message on the cave's mouth that says 'Enter and incur the wrath of the Unseelie' or something like that? I could also cover the cave in an illusion. As long as I cast it at the highest level of power the illusion will stay indefinitely"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-08-05 at 03:48 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

"Thanks, I'd appreciate that!" she said, then shivered. "Wow, it's cold here."
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis hugged Prisma thighter draping his cloak over the nymph to shield her from the winds, nodding "Yeah, that might take some getting used to. I would offer to bring you clothes but uh... From what I understand nymphs generally abhor clothes. Perhaps a few blankets? Right now perhaps I know an activity to warm us up" he suggested. Lifting a hand, he Shaped on the cave's mouth the words 'Under the protection of Queen Mab, begone or be slain', then threw an illusion of a smooth surface over it. Anybody who didn't see through the illusion would move along, while anybody who saw through it would see the writing.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Stoneshape+Major Image level 6.

"Don't worry, as soon as you try passing through it the illusion will become trasparent to you but others will still see the fake wall"

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

"We could go inside the fortress," Prisma suggested. "There are other nymphs there and it's not so windy."

Though not much warmer.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, it's usually warmer when nymphs are involved" Sirthis smirked "If you can afford to leave the cave right now then by all means" he patted on Briar "I'll give you a ride"

Assuming she accepted Sirthis helped her up, riding behind her on briar towards the Fortress.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Prisma picked up a sleeping Noxan out of a cradle Mab had commissioned for her. "This close to the Fortress, I believe it ti be the safest it’s ever been."
    She got onto Briar in front of Sirthis and leaned back against him.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

"Me and Briar patrol daily" Sirthis nodded and spurred Briar to the skies, flying back to the Fortress.

"...well, more like we go out to fly and if something happened we'd see it. But nothing ever did, hopefully it'll continue" he noted.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

After a bit more rest and relaxation, Mab announced Tanaquill was visiting to play with her grand kids.
    Tanaquill was handing blocks to Alifa so she could put the blocks into their proper shapes while she sang a song to Boots, who was dancing with Hedge as her somewhat willing partner.

"Terribly sorry I couldn’t visit before the unification of the planes,"
    Tanaquill said.
    "But I had work... uniting the planes."
    She picked up Alifa and lifted her around like she was flying.
    "I was happy to stop by, though."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis felt a bit nervous at talking to Tanaquill, even with the kids in there.
    "We love when you pass by" he smiled "Though since you're here I should confess you something. How much do you know about me coming to the Feywild? As in, the very first time" he asked, in... Draconic. Sirthis was fairly sure she spoke it since Tanaquill had a dragon, and he wasn't sure he wanted Boots to understand depending on

Show
    Mab's there too?

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Mab was there, resting on Thespia’s chest and helping Minthe watch the twins play hide-and-seek, roping Relliss into it to get a third.

"I know it involved Neifion’s death,"
    Tanaquill said.
    "But I confess I don’t know much about it at all."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

"A big, black creature attacked my village. It killed my sister, who was trying to shield me, and ran away" Sirthis started explaining "Or at least that is what I knew at the time. I wanted... I craved revenge and chased after it, into the Feywild where Neifion approached me. He was the one who told me the draegloth -though I didn't know what it was- entered Mab's service and essentially the plan was for me to get sponsored. I would impress and convince Mab to let me fight and kill it, he'd get a reward for sponsoring me" he took a deep breath.

"There was a statuette of Tren Krom in that castle, which she used to speak to me. She gave me a deal- she revealed I could actually save Clephesia, my sister, and she would give me information on the draegloth, its true name, information on how to bring her back and how to impress Mab in exchange for one thing- teaching her Druidic, which at the time I didn't really know the importance of" he looked up at her "I accepted. This was... What, three days before meeting Mab? Disregarding telling me that finding dirt on Neifion would work with Mab -he had openly praised Vecna in front of me, he wasn't exactly subtle- everything else... The knowledge of Druidic simply paled in front of the benefits of that offer" he concluded.

"I... Decided you should know. Especially after praising me for being ready to intervene in the Isle... And because you're now the Overgod and I figure this is important enough. And I would probably do it again if I went back- I can't know where I would've ended up without taking that deal, but chances are not only would I have been long dead but... Well, I like to think I helped a lot of people out and made a beautiful family by being alive. I understand if you'll despise me... If anything, I prefer you doing that knowing who I am rather then unknowingly insulting me when you talk about Druidic being known by Tren Krom"

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Tanaquill was quiet, but looked at Alifa when Sirthis mentioned his family.
    "I don’t think,"
    she said eventually,
    "That you fully understand the consequences yet. And I worry that you might learn them sooner than you’re ready."
    Tanaquill kissed Alifa on the head.
    "But I suppose we will all face them together."
    Alifa grabbed her hand and started slobbering all over it.
    "Oh, are you hungry? Let’s see if we can’t mash up some strawberries for my smart little girl. Do you want strawberries?"

Boots ran up and looked at Alifa before saying "she wants... she wants strawberries and peaches."
    "Of course she does. Do you want some too, Boots?"

"Ye-es!"
    "Well, let’s go get some."

Picking up Alifa and holding Boots’s hand, Tanaquill headed off to the kitchens.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis took a breath.
    "I don't know if I should be worried about what she said or... I guess kind of relieved she reacted better then I thought" he admitted to Mab "I am neither though. Boots reading Alifa's face was too cute" he cracked a smile.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

"Older sister thing. It took me forever to learn how to talk because Titania would always talk for me," Mab smiled. "But don't worry about that. That's nowhere near a problem between us."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmm... Does that mean we should discourage Boots to let Alifa learn how to speak? Or is that fine?" Sirthis asked confused. He had no such experience and from how Mab put it it looked like it wasn't a good idea.

There again Boots and Alifa were nothing like Titania and Mab, or so he thought.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

"She'll figure it out. She might just be quiet. And with all the kids we'll have running around... a quiet kid's nothing bad." Mab moved from Thespia and leaned her head on Sirthis's chest instead. "I think I'll go awhile without any pregnancies," she said as Aerthis and Calis ran over, cuddling up against Sirthis and Mab respectively. "It's not as if I'll stop hearing the pitter-patter of little feet."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

"True, aside from my little ninja there's always a kid running around" Sirthis giggled, shifting his position to give more space for Mab and Aerthis to nestle up to him.
    "I know it's obvious but... I love you all"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

"I love you, too." Mab said without hesitation.
    "Layou, dada! Layou, Mab!" Calis said. Aerthis smiled shyly and hid her face in Sirthis's belly.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Aw. Love.

Eris was teaching Laura a bit about fighting when Leff stopped over and sat down on a bench overlooking the training field. After Laura's lesson was done, Leff approached Eris. "I wanted to let you know that on fourthdays I'll be heading over to the sick house to help out like we did together that time," Leff said. "I have also requested a list of people who have died of anything other than old age, and I'll be bringing them back one at a time." She showed Eris the list. "I found a way to do it without the diamonds once. And... is there anyone you would like to add to the list?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Eris shook her head.
    "I don't know of a single person who is dead, can be resurrected and isn't better off dead" she said "At least not of those whose name I remember. On another note, I could join you- my healing abilities are still above average even if I'm not great at it"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-08-06 at 08:12 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Leff hugged her. "I'd love you to come with me."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

"I can be your nurse, doctor" Eris chuckled "In all seriousness, I will come and help too. I can at least heal diseases and poisons even if lost limbs are beyond my reach" she glanced down at Rumi.

"Mh... I suppose turning myself into a cleric or a druid for better healing would risk hurting my combat abilities when I need them the most"

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Leff chuckled. "Hey, I think I can manage."

Show
    Alright. What’s next on the agenda?
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Next kid, I think.

How much time there is before Leff's tribe comes over?

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    At most four years. Probably a few months less.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Then yeah, next kid.

I suppose Eris would ask about that fire elemental lord to Tanaquill. It's not high priority to her, but Leff almost jumped into lava after a single sentence. Eris would want to know wether it'll be something the gods will address or not.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

A few months later, before Demis’s birth, Sirthis got a Sending from Malyanna that she was waiting in the grove. But he was flying around holding Alifa to let her experience flight. What was he to do!?

"I Sent to Tanaquill about Maegara. She says she renewed a contract with Maegara and doesn’t expect her to be a problem unless we go into her territory again."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis, clearly, brought Alifa back home then went to meet Malyanna.

Yeah, no.
    "Let's go meet Malyanna" he told Alifa as he adjusted course to fly back to his Grove "Do you remember her? Elf, white hair, fair skin, flaming forehead?" he asked, though he didn't expect a reply from the quiet daughter. A look of comprehension would have sufficed.

"Sounds good. Uh... Out of curiosity, what do you think happened to the various Crossings that led to the Shadowfell?" Eris asked the more studious Leff.

Show
    I'm assuming Eris and Leff discovered the creation of Aurora, one way or the other.

Yeah I'm gonna keep calling the Feyfell 'Aurora'.