New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Jungle Cruise (2021)

Hello everyone. Today I'm going to review the movie of Jungle Cruise (2021) and I'll give you my honest thoughts on the movie.

Spoiler: My Thoughts Of Jungle Cruise (2021)
    Show
    Ok, I went to see the movie Jungle Cruise in IMAX early this morning. Dr. Lily Houghton enlists the aid of wisecracking skipper Frank Wolff to take her down the Amazon in his ramshackle boat. Together, they search for an ancient tree that holds the power to heal -- a discovery that will change the future of medicine. This movie was very interesting, it has action, comedy, also it has a lot of twists in the movie which I like. The only part I didn't like was that Frank Wolff get a punch in the face multiple times by Dr. Lily Houghton and her brother. It just got a bit repetitive. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson did a good job performing Frank Wolff. This movie was very good. I enjoy Jungle Cruise. I'll give this movie an 8 out of 10 stars.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Jungle Cruise (2021)

Well, I have old movie collection so I get the "The African Queen" vibe.
    At least the "going down the African river on a steam boat and fighting WW1 Germans".
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Well, I have old movie collection so I get the "The African Queen" vibe.
    At least the "going down the African river on a steam boat and fighting WW1 Germans".
    I saw a poster for this during the week and my first thought was 'The African Queen' meets 'Jumanji'. I do want to see this movie, and I'll be impressed if there are references to the African Queen.

Also Bartmanhomer - this is an improvement on your past reviews! More about why you liked it, and less about what actually happens during the movie is better.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Any time Disney makes a movie based on one of their park rides, guarantee they're trying to recreate the success of Pirates Of The Caribbean. They're also going for the same general tone and feel as some weird mix of Indiana Jones and Disney's "Atlantis". It's a perfectly serviceable B-list action movie starring The Rock, but it wants to be more than that so hard it hurts.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It's entertaining, but it is also definately a "leave your brain at the door" film.

I enjoyed it and do recommend it, but don't try to think about anything that happens, your brain will rebel...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Why is it in the amazon? Isn't the cool African mega-fauna half the point?
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmor View Post
    I saw a poster for this during the week and my first thought was 'The African Queen' meets 'Jumanji'. I do want to see this movie, and I'll be impressed if there are references to the African Queen.

Also Bartmanhomer - this is an improvement on your past reviews! More about why you liked it, and less about what actually happens during the movie is better.
    Thanks Tarmor. I appreciate it.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

This movie is basically Pirates crossed with Indiana Jones.

This is fine. I like both those sources, and the execution is pretty well done. Totally worth watching in the theater.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Finally caight it. And I loved it. A perfectly serviceable dose of silly fun, which is exactly what I was wanting and hoping for out of it.

Also, now that I can read your review, BMH, I totally agree that this is a good improvement! Your summary was nearly perfect without giving much away, you articulated what you did and didn't like about it, youre definitely getting better writing these! I'm pretty happy for you!
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Finally caight it. And I loved it. A perfectly serviceable dose of silly fun, which is exactly what I was wanting and hoping for out of it.

Also, now that I can read your review, BMH, I totally agree that this is a good improvement! Your summary was nearly perfect without giving much away, you articulated what you did and didn't like about it, youre definitely getting better writing these! I'm pretty happy for you!
    Thank you Peelee. I took your advice and I'm very happy that you and everyone else like my review.