New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Savage Tide Reboot IC

Kona the Illuminator

Kona shrugs. "As long I know that it's coming, a fire blast like that is of no concern to me". He moves up besides Grimgor, black eyes peering deeper into the temple, waiting for the others.

Spoiler: STATS
    Show

Maneuver granted:
    Quick stats
    Soul Candle: 5' bright light,10' normal, allies within 15' do +1 electricity damage.
    AC 22, touch 18, FF 14, CMD 21. HP 36/36
    Perception +13, low-light vision
    Sense Motive +13
    Knowledge (Martial) +10

Semper ludens.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

With the doors open the way inwards is not that welcoming, a large entranceway with a second doorway behind the first one after a small wooden waiting antechamber. The huge bronze door is marked with stylized pictures of dueling dragons and multilimbed spiderlike creatures. Hundreds of open-mouthed dragon faces and long barbed claws and legs surround the doorframe, all leering out hungrily.

The door is slightly ajar however and with his dwarven heritage Grimgor's eyes can see the central chamber of the pagoda like temple in shades of greys and greens. The core of the pagoda on this floor has been gutted. The few remaining walls in this area are crumbling, and only the presence of four huge stone pillars, carved with pictures of battling dragons, seems to keep the building up. Thick webs fill the four corners of the room. The central section of the pagoda has suffered the most, with a great rip in the floor creating a steep-walled pit sloping down to a dark shaft choked with webs.

Between the outer wall there is an inner wall that forms a square around the ruoned central chamber. A narrow passageway leads to the left and right and you'd assume runs around the whole square structure, and may ofer stairs leading up to the next level.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tygar scans the area with glowing blue eyes.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Cast Detect Magic.

Perception: (1d20+7)[11]

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Kona the Illuminator

After a brief pause to scan the room, Kona walks down the left-side corridor, his small orb of light illuminating ahead of him.

Show

Maneuver granted:
    Quick stats
    Soul Candle: 5' bright light,10' normal, allies within 15' do +1 electricity damage.
    AC 22, touch 18, FF 14, CMD 21. HP 36/36
    Sense Motive +13
    Knowledge (Martial) +10

Semper ludens.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Tygar scans the area, detecting a dull magical emanation coming from the apparent hole in the floor in the centre of the room. AS he cans the area he cannot see anything else of interest. Meanwhile sneaking past him near silently, feathers whispering slightly as he moves to the left hand corridor Kona walks around the narrow corridor running around the edge. As the birdman reaches the corner he can see a narrow set of stairs leading up from the corridor to a hole in the ceiling and next floor up. Sadly though as he rounds the corner there is a faint pressure on his shin as the tripwire is depressed and with a faint "puff" a slew of blow gun darts are sprayed from the walls at the unlucky Kona.

Spoiler: Blowpipe Darts
    Show

Vs Kona (1d20+7)[13] dam (1d3+2)[4]
    Vs Kona (1d20+7)[21] dam (1d3+2)[5]
    Vs Kona (1d20+7)[15] dam (1d3+2)[4]
    Vs Kona (1d20+7)[25] dam (1d3+2)[4]
    Vs Kona (1d20+7)[21] dam (1d3+2)[5]
    Vs Kona (1d20+7)[16] dam (1d3+2)[3]

If he is hit then DC 14 Fort save or (1d3)[1] Str damage from Poison. The DC increases by +1 for each additional dart

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

"[COLOR="#FF8C00"]It seems like we are at the mercy of the traps." Felix sighs a bit worried about the situation. "So... how much healing options do we have left?"
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

7. - Top - End - #187

AssassinGuy

As soon as the trap springs, Tygar hastens towards Kona, whip out his wand and heals him.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    CLW: (1d8+1)[9]
    CLW: (1d8+1)[8]
    CLW: (1d8+1)[5]
    CLW: (1d8+1)[7]

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Kona the Illuminator

Kona screams as the darts thud into him, catching him by surprise, penetrating the links of his chain shirt. He staggers backwards and hisses through his beak as he pulls out the darts.

After Tygar heals him once, he waves him off. "My wounds are superficial. But...look at this. These darts are poisoned"

Show

Maneuver granted:
    Quick stats
    AC 18, touch 14, FF 14, CMD 21. HP 24/36
    Sense Motive +13
    Knowledge (Martial) +10

Last edited by CasualViking; 2022-01-21 at 01:12 PM.
    Semper ludens.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Standing there Kona can feel the poison sapping his strength, poison that as they examine the spent dart their druid / raptor Aramus realises is in fact some form of spider venom. Nothing seems to have changed in the temple, the occasional creaking of the structure from upstairs remains the same as the wind blows around the wooden pagoda towers and no footspets can be seen in the dust on the stairs leading up.

The open space in the centre wit the hole is likewise still eerily silent, the dart trap having seemingly alerted nothing....

10. - Top - End - #190

AssassinGuy

Tygar touches the tengu after he retracts the wand. A green glow emits from his hand and seeps into Kona's feathery surface.

"This will delay the current and future poison by 5 hours. Please be careful in the future. I prepared one of this spell for the day and will be unable to help with upcoming poison-related issues until after I prepared my spells for the next day. We should use the time to navigate the temple with caution but not like snails."

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Delay Poison on Kona.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-01-24 at 12:49 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Kona the Illuminator

"...Thank you". Kona gratefully receives the magical protection. "I.... did not expect traps inside the temple. I will be more careful". Kona joins the others, and briefly lights up the room as he heals his wounds. His face is hard to read, but as he slowly moves through a few fighting stances, as if testing himself, he seems..shaken. Not quite up to speed.

Show

Maneuver granted:
    Quick stats
    AC 18, touch 14, FF 14, CMD 21. HP 36/36
    Sense Motive +13
    Knowledge (Martial) +10

Semper ludens.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

"Lets just make sure not to overdo this. We have to be careful with our resources." Felix replies still wondering about the amount of healing magic left.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grimgor Ghoulsbane, Dwarven Warder

Grimgor shouted out a warning when the trap went off, but it was too late to help the bird man. Shaking his head, he glanced around the group. ”Any o' you better scouts? Nae? Fine, Ah'll take th'lead.” With typical grump, the dwarf stepped to the front and slowly advance, his eyes scanning walls, floors and ceilings for signs of the next trap. Hopefully his thick hide would prove to tough for any more tricks lurking in the dark.

”Guessing there'll be spiders and such ... keep a torch ready, 'n one o' dem spells t'see magik, yeah?”

OOC - Figure with a high Perception, Grimgor can take the lead for a bit. Recco we keep fire handy to burn webs and someone run a detect magic. Others can 'aid' the perception checks.

Unless one of y'all has rogue skills to deal with this better?
    ‘Passive’ perception is 24 (taking 10), let me know when you need a reoll

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show

HP 45/55 / AC 24 (26) CMB/D +7/18 (20)
    F +6 R +5 (+7) W +8 Init +4 (+8) Move 20’
    Skills: Perception +14; Diplomacy +13; Sense motive +12; Acrobatics +6; Religion +6; Climb/Swim +2 (+7 w/o armor); Craft-Weapons/Armor +5; Bluff +5; Intimidate +3
    Spoiler: Known maneuvers
    Show
    Encouraging Roar (B; w/in 30’ +2 att/dam, 3rnds), Defending the Pride (B; w/in 60’ +4 AC, 3rnds), Enduring Shell (C; add shield to Fort/Ref saves), Warning Roar (C; use Dip check vs at attack to protect ally w/in 60’), Panthera on the Hunt (w/charge, gain +2 att/dam, no AOO), Tactical Strike (add 1d6 dam; with successful att, ally gets free 10’ move), Bronze Lancet Charge (w/charge, add 1d6 dam; no AOO), Piercing Strike (gain 5’ reach, can attack 2 adjacent targets), Throwing Thunder (throw weapon, add 2d6 dam, DC16 Ref or target is prone), Greater Snapping Turtle (add 3d6, ignore DR)

Readied Maneuvers: Encouraging Roar, Defending the Pride, Enduring Shell, Warning Roar, Throwing Thunder
    Stances: Silver Crane Waltz (+4 Init; +2 Ref/AC [insight]); Running Hunter’s Stance (+10’ move, gain scent); Primal Warrior Stance (+1 size for CMD/B, vs size-based attacks - weapon counts as +2 sizes; ignore diff terrain when charging)
    Weapons: Dwarven pike (+8, 2d6+4, x3/20); Lucern hammer (+8, 1d12+3, x2/20)
    Armiger's Mark: 4/6 marks per day (can maintain up to 7)
    Effects: Silver Crane Waltz stance (see above); Aegis (+3 AC / +2 Will save [morale], allies w/in 10’); Darkvision 60’
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Kona the Illuminator

"Felix. I didn't bring any healing supplies. I can heal my own wounds, but only that".

Show

Maneuver granted:
    Quick stats
    Sense Motive +13
    Knowledge (Martial) +10

Semper ludens.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Aramus tilts his head side to side, reviewing everything, and then sighing, transforms back into his human form.

"I am almost out of my magical resources, however, i do have one more trick, I can summon a swarm of insects to investigate this place, appropriately apt in this location i feel, however it will take several hours for them to scour the area?" he asks it as a question.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm not sure I'd like to stay in this temple longer than we have to," Lara replies in response to the insect scouts idea. "Would they be able to warn of us any traps? That would definitely make a bit of a wait worthwhile."

"Unfortunately there's nothing I can contribute to healing. We just need to be cautious and let Grimgor take the hits," she jests, but slightly more nervously than usual, finding the temple and the traps unsettling.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2022-01-26 at 04:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Aramus shrugs "Only ones they can see, they will crawl over everything, but are small. It is important to mind the old adage, we've invested too much into this to back down, is false, the living get to keep on living, and those who die here do not."
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post

Grimgor shouted out a warning when the trap went off, but it was too late to help the bird man. Shaking his head, he glanced around the group. ”Any o' you better scouts? Nae? Fine, Ah'll take th'lead.” With typical grump, the dwarf stepped to the front and slowly advance, his eyes scanning walls, floors and ceilings for signs of the next trap. Hopefully his thick hide would prove to tough for any more tricks lurking in the dark.

”Guessing there'll be spiders and such ... keep a torch ready, 'n one o' dem spells t'see magik, yeah?”
    "I have prepared a spell with some good possibilities for illumination if you want." Felix replies knowing he had prepared dancing lights. "Just say the word and I´ll cast it right ahead."
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grimgor snorted at the Captain's comment, full well knowing his role. However, to Felix he frowned for a moment, then realized the misunderstanding. ”Nay, lad ... Ah meant a torch fer webs and such. But if'n ye need light, cast away. Let's use dem bugs t'scout. Check th'corners, then tha' hole in middle.” Readying his weapon, Grimgor stood by for any attacks.

OOC - ‘Passive’ perception 24 (taking 10), let me know when you need a reoll
    Show

Skills: Perception +14; Diplomacy +13; Sense motive +12; Acrobatics +6; Religion +6; Climb/Swim +2 (+7 w/o armor); Craft-Weapons/Armor +5; Bluff +5; Intimidate +3
    Show
    Encouraging Roar (B; w/in 30’ +2 att/dam, 3rnds), Defending the Pride (B; w/in 60’ +4 AC, 3rnds), Enduring Shell (C; add shield to Fort/Ref saves), Warning Roar (C; use Dip check vs at attack to protect ally w/in 60’), Panthera on the Hunt (w/charge, gain +2 att/dam, no AOO), Tactical Strike (add 1d6 dam; with successful att, ally gets free 10’ move), Bronze Lancet Charge (w/charge, add 1d6 dam; no AOO), Piercing Strike (gain 5’ reach, can attack 2 adjacent targets), Throwing Thunder (throw weapon, add 2d6 dam, DC16 Ref or target is prone), Greater Snapping Turtle (add 3d6, ignore DR)

Readied Maneuvers: Encouraging Roar, Defending the Pride, Enduring Shell, Warning Roar, Throwing Thunder
    Stances: Silver Crane Waltz (+4 Init; +2 Ref/AC [insight]); Running Hunter’s Stance (+10’ move, gain scent); Primal Warrior Stance (+1 size for CMD/B, vs size-based attacks - weapon counts as +2 sizes; ignore diff terrain when charging)
    Effects: Silver Crane Waltz stance (see above); Aegis (+3 AC / +2 Will save [morale], allies w/in 10’); Darkvision 60’

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Aramus nods and begins casting his summons, he kneels down and grabs a handful of dirt, it was soft, and loamy, with moss and detritus. he sniffed it, and then spit into the center, creating a small ball of forest floor stuff, looking around, he finds a small bug, which he places gingerly in the center, and pulls out a small vial of putrid looking liquid, which he unstoppers, and lets a single black viscous drop onto the bug, he then places it on the ground and begins to chant.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

furious Re: Savage Tide Reboot IC

Kona the Illuminator

While Aramus does his magic, Kona watches intently. So different from his own! While the insects scout, he shrugs off his chainshirt and stows it in his haversack.

Show

Maneuver granted:
    Quick stats
    Sense Motive +13
    Knowledge (Martial) +10

Last edited by CasualViking; 2022-02-02 at 04:25 PM.
    Semper ludens.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

The insects pour out of the ground shortly after a small flurry of spiders, centipedes and other creepy crawlies flow up the wooden stairs to the upper level. An hour passes in relative silence save for the creaking of the wooden structure although whether that is wind of from creatures its unclear. Eventualy the trail of spiders and millipeded writhes back down the stairs and scuttle back to Aramus who drops them into his mouth to absorb the knowledge.

With a soft crunch of chitin the knowledge blossoms into Aramus's mind as he can see the strange arrangement of sliding bamboo walls upstairs making a maze of sorts with a small open space at the centre that the spider saw only darkness in. A set of stairs on the east wall around the edge fo the maze had allowed the spider up to the top level where it had sensed something an in the open top of the pagoda a large spiderlike statue had sat amidst thick webbing. The stairs, or at least the second step had also caused concern for the bugs as the second step had been coated with a thick poison around the spikes....

OOC
    insect scouts give structural information not creatures. The next level up has a similar corridor around the edge but in the centre has a maze of bamboo screens covered in disturbing pictures of spider like creatures eating mainly humans and lizard folk and a space in the center wreathed in blackness. On the stairs up the spiders had found a trap on the stairs that would unleash more poison spikes and in the top floor there was a web covered chamber with a golden spider statues in it/

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

After Aramus has finished popping the insect's into his mouth and gained all the knowledge therein, he relays to the team all the information. "Seems like there is something in there, maybe a spider of something similar, with all the artwork, that would make sense, but maybe we can skip it and go directly to the 2nd floor, past the trap?"

Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Kona the Illuminator

"I'm not... enthusiastic... about fighting another spider right now".

Show

4 hours left on Delay Poison

Maneuver granted:
    Quick stats
    Sense Motive +13
    Knowledge (Martial) +10

Semper ludens.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grimgor scratched his beard for a moment, frowning. ”If'n Ah unnerstand ye, lad, yer sayin' there be a maze wit darkness in th'middle. But upstairs, there be a presence? Ah'm not afraid o' th'dark ... 'n Ah hate leavin' enemies at me back. Ah say deal wit th'maze, then tackle th'stairs. Ah'll take point ... Kona kin bring th'light.

'Less ye've got other orders, Cap'n?"
    Before heading onward, Grimgor would turn to the Captain first. Once she gave the order, he would start moving out.

OOC - Taking 10 on Perception where possible. 24. Will take lead, going slowly enough to watch for tricks and treats :D
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

The heavy crunch of the dwarf's iron shod boots leads the way up the stairs with the other trailing behind. The light from their kenku Iluminator and the light cantrips seemingly swallowed by the darkness as Grimgor gets to the next level. There he freezes, holding up a hand to motion the others to freeze as well. In the dimness his keen dwarven eyesight and battle trained hearing hears a sound and see's a shambling creature lurching up the corridor some 50ft away (at the far end of the 10ft wide corridor that skirts the edge of this level)

The beats may have once have been clad in clerical finery but no is dressed in gilt edged rags that barely cover its decayed skeletal form, the flesh all having melted away save for the lumiscent purple entrails that writhe within its chest cavity and protrude from its mouth...

As Grimgor freezes and watchs the beast he realises that is has not noticed him.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Felix keeps following the group until they suddenly stop. He wonders whether to talk for a second but decides to wait for a signal from his companions to see whether to take any sort of action.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

28. - Top - End - #208

AssassinGuy

Tygar waits for a signal from Grimgor after he motioned for the group to stop.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Following everyone, Aramus clutched his bow, he was all but out of resources, and wasn't sure how much help he would be.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grimgor raised a hand to hold the group, then put up a single finger to indicate a lone foe. Stepping back, he mouthed to the other, ”Looks like walkin' bones ... old priest ... let's ambush 'im ...." .

OOC - Will swap out to use the hammer ... sneaky folks can probably hide for an ambush, but does that mean we wait for it to get closer? Or do we want to charge it? Or have Grimgor make some noise and let it rush forward against him? My only concern is whatever prep spells this thing might do (i.e., summons, buffs, etc)
    Show

Show