New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Savage Tide Reboot IC

Urol the gnome is excited beyond measure and demands to hear all the details from the expedition as Lt Alden and some of the crew set up a loose piece of sail cloth over the mid section of the boat for an awning and break from the sun and soon there is a small crowd listening. Only "Lord" Avner is not present as he refuses to mix with the "plebs" in his own words and retreats to his cabin. The young children accompany some of the colonists are the most enthusiastic listeners wanting to hear of Grimgor, Kona and Tali's sword and spear play.

As the day progresses the breeze picks and the Nixie starts cutting the sea's once more. This continues for 8 long days as the Nixie makes good progress flying south with full sails and a strong wind. Lara easily mastering the ship as she speeds under full sail with a frothy wave at her bow. On the fourth day of the voyage south there a cry from the Crow's Nest as Lavinia's boat hails into view along with a small rocky outcropping as you speed towards the distant Fort Blackwell, that marks the edge of Sasserine's influence. The signal flags aboard Lavinia's Sea Wyvren flash up and down as the furry hadozee in the crows nest shouts down to Lara, "Captain, a message from Lavinia, she wants to know if you and the "heroes" want to join her for dinner in Fort Blackwell when we stop for water"

feel free to RP any travel or let me know what activities you were doing for the 8days
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #362
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Seeing Lara overwhelmed and flanked, Tygar melts into the background to check the health of the crew and chat with them since their departure while Grimgor put his foot down defending the captain. He does it with aplomb and cheerfulness except Alden who he added a layer of assertiveness to put a damper to his non-stop demands for privileges. Once he is done and until he is needed, for the next 8 days, he falls back into the role of a nobody; a watcher for threats from the water, a watcher of the waters to appreciate the motion of their flows and an intoxicated pleb watching the swordplay. He sustains himself on his own abilities when it comes to hunger and thirst because of the ideal environment. The sudden message from the squirrel scout to Lara causes his head to snap up from the waters and turn towards their direction.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-07-11 at 07:17 AM.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

Felix makes sure to use his ability to predict the weather every morning on the next few days. He also tries his chances with adding the spell from the mirror image scroll into his spellbook. Interested in adding it to his repertoire. He tries his best to offer assistance when asked. He keeps preparing alter winds, touch of the sea and aboleth´s lung just in case it might become necessary.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Spellcraft for the research: (1d20+3)[9] DC:17
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

Kona finds an appreciative audience with the children. When he is not busy with shipboard duties, he spends his time teaching them swordsmanship (with wooden swords), stalking (hide and seek), and morality (telling stories).
    Semper ludens.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grimgor Ghoulsbane, Dwarven Warder

Grimgor uses the long days to work on crew readiness. He ensured folk were practicing their skills regularly, setting up sparring sessions to improve both weapon handling and tactics. On his personal time, he studied his forms and made sure the crew wasn't slacking in their duties. By the time they were nearing Fort Blackwell, most of the crew was ready to leave the ship in favor of solid land ... away from the gruff dwarf.

When the call to meet came, Grimgor simply stood nearby and waited for direction from the Captain.

OOC - Nothing much to add just yet.

Effects: Aegis (+3 AC / +2 Will save [morale], allies w/in 10’); Silver Crane Waltz (see below); Darkvision 60’

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    HP 4655 AC 24 (26) CMB/D +7/18
    F +6 R +5 (+7) W +8 Init +4 (+8) Move 20’
    Skills: Perception +14; Diplomacy +13; Sense motive +12; Acrobatics +6; Religion +6; Climb/Swim +2 (+7 w/o armor); Craft-Weapons/Armor +5; Bluff +5; Intimidate +3
    Spoiler: Known maneuvers
    Show
    Encouraging Roar (B; w/in 30’ +2 att/dam, 3rnds), Defending the Pride (B; w/in 60’ +4 AC, 3rnds), Enduring Shell (C; add shield to Fort/Ref saves), Warning Roar (C; use Dip check vs at attack to protect ally w/in 60’), Panthera on the Hunt (w/charge, gain +2 att/dam, no AOO), Tactical Strike (add 1d6 dam; with successful att, ally gets free 10’ move), Bronze Lancet Charge (w/charge, add 1d6 dam; no AOO), Piercing Strike (gain 5’ reach, can attack 2 adjacent targets), Throwing Thunder (throw weapon, add 2d6 dam, DC16 Ref or target is prone), Greater Snapping Turtle (add 3d6, ignore DR)

Readied Maneuvers: Encouraging Roar, Defending the Pride, Warning Roar, Greater Snapping Turtle, Throwing Thunder
    Stances: Silver Crane Waltz (+4 Init; +2 Ref/AC [insight]); Running Hunter’s Stance (+10’ move, gain scent); Primal Warrior Stance (+1 size for CMD/B, vs size-based attacks - weapon counts as +2 sizes; ignore diff terrain when charging)
    Divine Gift (War): 4/5
    Weapons: Dwarven pike (+8, 2d6+4, x3/20); Lucern hammer (+8, 1d12+3, x2/20)
    Armiger's Mark: 6 marks per day (can maintain up to 7)
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Flags fy up and down the masts as you agree that the Sea Wyvren and the Blue Nixie will meet in the Port and later this afternoon you find yourself approaching the tiny outpost in the great tropical sea that is Fort Blackwell. The outpost is tiny, a fortified keep maintained by the Lords of Sasserine stands on the edge of the great Ameido Jungle that spans thousands of square miles and you know once you leave here to heads South you have nothing but open ocean, lost islands and perilous storms until you reach Lady Lavinia's colony on the Isle of Dread.

As you approach, Luci Barlowe (the young flame haired ship's surgeon) looks out and grins widely. She nods to Tygr and approches him, "Master Tygar, I was hoping when we got to the Fort yo may accompany me to whatever general store the have and help me replenenish the ship's medical suppies?". Nearby Master Vindalf Thrain (the long bearded Master at Arms) grunts to Grimgor in dwaven. "THE LASS BE DAFT IF SHE DO BE THINKING THEY'LL HAVE WHAT SHE NEEDS. THEY'LL BE CRAWLING THE WALLS TO GET ONTO OR BOAT TAE ESCAPE". Shaking his head he bellows at the Artemis and Sarah (two of the crew) to get ack to work. Urol the gnome and the pale and sweaty looking Father Feres are also on deck. The gnome telling the pale and sweating priest much of the ancient past of the Fort (though you wonder how much is accurate!)

Soon you pull up alongside the gangplank and can see the small outposts street busy as everyone has come out of their houses and businesses to greet you. A delegation from the keep marching down towards the dock with a palaquin atop the backs of a pair of what appears to be massive primates of some kind. The dock master, a tanned wiry looking man with a hook for a left hand looks up at you as the gangplank drops down. "Praise Besmara, a ship. We've not seen visitors since the Crimson Fleet did blockade us! Do you have much to trade, aye you'll be wlecome here and his emmince Governer Cargil will be glad to see you!"

Even as he is speaking the Nixie ties up beside your Sea Wyrven and Lavinia waves, the green cloaked Jade Ravens also atop the deck. Tolin and Lan pay more attention to the town whilst Lynae waves happily at Lara and Felix and Kaskus the dwarf offers Grimgor and staid nod of respect. Lavinia bounds down and offers Lara a sisterly hug. "Lara, wonderful to set eyes upon you. When the ships seperated I was worried. But now we can relax here and catch up." She glances at the one armed harbour master with a demanding, "What's the finest Inn in the town.." but the man reddens and shrugs. "We only got one in, just the Jabbering Parrot. Miss Emiska did own her bakery but she died of the jungle pox some 6 months hence."

Lavinia grins, "Very well, then we'll this governer and deliver the messages I carry from the Council and then you and I, plus your crew and my Ravens shall feast."

Fort Blackwell has a general store (800gp limit), an alchemists (300gp limit) and one Inn (the Jabbering Parrot). What would you like to do...
    • Meet the Governer
    • Go the Pub
    • Do some shopping?
    • Explore the small island that Fort Blackwell sits upon?
    • Let Father Ferees leave to go the small "Shrine of the Heavens" (polydenominational)

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Returning to the Nixie some of the crew are thrilled to see you waving at you in greeting, one of the cabin boys running up with some cups of cool water. Avner, the foppish noble snorts and stares at Lara, "Have you finished your foray now? We've been here for days and are bored. We must be our way I insist..." before he continuse bleating on the small green clothed gnome slips through the crowd, a curious look on his face as he holds the small set of reading glasses over his beady eyes. "What did you see? The spider coast has not been explored for many years? Was there anything of interest in there, I mu.... he cuts off and dives onto the deck, the clang of the metal cup on the deck as he bangs it down by Grimgor's boot. "A sample.. my good dwarf, how considerate to bring one back!"

Hayley, (Lt Alden) looks up at Lara and grins. "Tis good to see you Captain, we had worried we had lost you ashore. Shall we make ready for the off in the morning? We can run out the sails with the dawn. We've topped up the water barrels and are fully loaded."
    Lara does her best not to appear exasperated with the annoying noble as she sweeps past him towards the quarterdeck. "You'll think the jungle view was scenic compared to the open ocean, Lord Avner. I advise you take up a hobby."

She moves past the noble and greets Lt Alden in kind. "Aye, a prosperous little excursion and hopefully little less dangerous for sailors on this coast from now on."

Lara fishes a coin purse out of her waistcoat and tosses it to her XO with a clink of metal pieces. "Good work keeping The Sea Wyvern while we were gone. This is just a little prize money for the crew. Distribute it according to rate with captain's complements. We sail in the morning. Have Davtrix chart a course to the rendezvous and we'll convene in my cabin in the morning to review it with Felix in the morning for his assistance with the weather. Very Good Lieutenant, carry on."

Spoiler
    Show

Giving up 200gp of my share of the temple loot to the crew. Got to keep them happy!

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Even as he is speaking the Nixie ties up beside your Sea Wyrven and Lavinia waves, the green cloaked Jade Ravens also atop the deck. Tolin and Lan pay more attention to the town whilst Lynae waves happily at Lara and Felix and Kaskus the dwarf offers Grimgor and staid nod of respect. Lavinia bounds down and offers Lara a sisterly hug. "Lara, wonderful to set eyes upon you. When the ships seperated I was worried. But now we can relax here and catch up." She glances at the one armed harbour master with a demanding, "What's the finest Inn in the town.." but the man reddens and shrugs. "We only got one in, just the Jabbering Parrot. Miss Emiska did own her bakery but she died of the jungle pox some 6 months hence."

Lavinia grins, "Very well, then we'll this governer and deliver the messages I carry from the Council and then you and I, plus your crew and my Ravens shall feast."
    Lara smiles at Lavinia, returning the hug. "It was just a brief diversion My Lady, we took an opportunity to rewater and respar The Wyvern whilst my colleagues and I cleansed an ancient temple of its curse. All in a week's work!"

"I'd be happy to accompany you to the governor to pay my regards on behalf of my crew."
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2022-07-14 at 05:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Lavinia linking arms with Lara bids the harbourmaster lead onwards towards the approaching obese governor sat atop his palanquin, his corpulent frame sweating in the jungle heat. The beasts bearing it looking like hulking 4-armed gorilla's with dark black fur and long claws. Each of the huge 4 armed primates has a blindfold around its head and a set of shackles on its lower tertiary arms. THe governer is accompanied by ~8 soliders in the uniform of Sasserine Town Guard each sweating under the rims of their steel helmets.

The governer looks down at you for a long moment, taking in Lavinia and Lara with the various adventurers milling about nearby and a happy looking crew aboard the Sea Wyvren excited about spending their share of their Captain's loot that she kindly shared. He looks with distaste at the thin elf crewwomen before finally speaking in an abrupt tone. "I was given leave to think the leader of this expedition would greet me. Where is your husband or a captain of the ship?" he demands curtly, "Fetch them so we can discuss what I require from your vessels?"... his tone is rude and he doesn't see the wincing of the harboumaster

--

On the busy quay Urol is happy to vanish into the town and looks to see what any other heroes are doing. On the deck the sweating priest starts trembling and Tygar standing near him can see Father Feres has gone pale, a muttered, not now... I only need another hour.. not now damn you..." as he clutches at his abdomen that Tygar swears has something moving in it!

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

Lara stares flatly at the governor for several seconds before responding:

"Captain. Commodore." she states plainly, gesturing at first herself and then Lavinia.

Turning to Lavinia, Lara addresses her at volume that leaves no difficulty for the governor to overhear.

"Lady Commodore Vanderboren, The Sea Wyvern is well stocked and watered. I don't think we need to linger here. My crew would be disappointed not to spend their coin, but they'll get over it. And we'd reach our destination sooner."

Spoiler
    Show

Combination Bluff/Intimidate/Diplomacy (all same mod) to get him to drop the attitude. (1d20+12)[13]

10. - Top - End - #370

AssassinGuy

Having prepared a new set of spells before the docking, Tygar lingers a while to check each of the crew member's health to ensure they are fit to leave the ship. When Luci comes up to him with a request as he is in mid-check up after checking himself, Kona, Grimgor, Felix, Aramus and Lara (whom he prioritize first), the cleric smiles.

"Miss Barlowe, I am busy at the moment so I will have to decline. Perhaps another time."

Tygar moves to Father Feres. Upon his pale complexion and seeing movement beneath his abdomen, the cleric applies Protection of Evil, Communal to the man and himself (Father Feres - 3 minute, Tygar - 2 minute) as an immediate response.

"Father Feres, you are unwell. Please lay down while I diagnose the cause and heal you."

Show
    Heal: (1d20+7)[15]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-07-18 at 12:43 PM.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Resources
    Show

Arcane reservoir: 5
    Spells: 0(6) 1(4) 2(3)
    Spells prepared
    0: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights, Arcane Mark, Acid Splash, Read Magic
    1: Protection from Evil, Enlarge Person, Endure Elements, Burning hands
    2:Invisibility, Protection from arrows

Felix is glad to be on solid ground once more. Especially one that was more calm after the spider island. He decides to go and check the island. He informs the others about his plans for the day before leaving with Isaac on his shoulder. After the eno****er with the spiders, he had wanted to look for options for curing ailments and it seemed like a great place to look for stuff like potions for such a task. He decides that his first stop should be the alchemists since they were probably the best suited for his objective.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

Kona the Illuminator

Kona has laid out the loot, stacked out the coin. "These things. Plus, a magical club and amulet for Aramis, an axe for Grimgor, some scrolls for Felix. I suggest we each take five hundred gold now, and see how much of this unclaimed treasure we can sell on the market or to the governor. It's not a fair split right now, but we can keep that in mind down the road, as other treasures are aqcuired. An extra axe on Grimgor's belt does me more good right now than another fat purse of coin in my hand".

On land, Kona eyes the shackled creatures disapprovingly. Are they beasts? Strong, dangerous and aggressive, a hazard to the ship? Or are they actually people?. He squints at the ranting merchant, and dismisses him as a windbag, not an imminent threat.

Spoiler: STATS
    Show

Maneuvers granted: Lance of Power (Strike), Rapid Strike
    Maneuvers Readied: Flash of Insight (boost), Flick of the Wrist (Strike), Elemental Strike, Minute Hand (boost),
    Animus: 0
    Illumination: 1
    Active Element: Air
    Stance: Elemental Flux

Quick stats
    Soul Candle: 15' bright light, 30' normal, allies within 15' do +3 cold damage.
    AC 18, touch 14, FF 14, CMD 21. HP 36/36
    Perception +13, low-light vision
    Sense Motive +13
    Knowledge (Martial) +10

Last edited by CasualViking; 2022-07-19 at 04:12 AM.
    Semper ludens.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

On the Dock

On the dock the governer riles at Lara's words. "A woman Commodore. You jest, or the world has gone mad since I last laid eyes on dear Sasserine..." he pauses in speech as he spies Avner before grinning. "Ay, you jested, Lord Avner, this woman claimed to be the Captain, clearly she was in jest as a noble of your standing must be the leader here." Avner strides down the gangplank sneering at Grimgor and Kona as he passes them and grinning mockingly at Lara. "Ah Governer. it is good that you can see how things should be... We should discuss things away from the docks and these commoners..." he swings an arm wide taking in much of the crew and Grimgor/Kona. The Governer nods in agreement, "Ladies, the Lord Avner will I'm sure let you know what is required. Unless you wish to join us..." he adds, taking Lavinia's hand in his pudgy sweaty hand and slobbering over it.

Lara can see the tightening in Lavinia's jaw, as Lady Vanderboren mutters a dark "No. that is not required." then pauses as they leave, "You," she motions to the harbourmaster, "Come and see my 1st mate. They'll tell you want we need".

---

On the Sea Wyvern

Tygar cannot work out what is happening, but the protection seems to calm things down. Feres looks wild, his eyes filled with pain and fear! "Oh my, you must get me to the Temple. They can remove it there. It was supposed to be later, I had more time. I didn't want to di....."
    His last words end as with a great ripping sounds a form of blue slime tears free from his chest with a cackling howl! The crew on deck scream, the dock gang shout with fear and Kona and Grimgor at the gangplank (so other end of the deck) can only turn in surprise. The creature, the weird frog demon looks at Feres husk and plucks out part of the man's chest and gobbles it down, a breath in the air giving a foul waft of air over Tygar crouched nearby.

The Slaad looks around the desk, eyes bulbous eyes glinting as its makes ready to attack!

The Slaad has burst forth from its egg that Feres was smuggling. Its on the deck, ~5ft from Tygar.
    Grimgor and Kona are on the ship ~30ft away from it
    Lara is on the harbour ~80ft away
    Felix is milling around on the wharf ~60ft away

Slaad has initiative of 14 so you can roll in the OOC to see if you go before or after it

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Lara's jaw is every bit as clenched as Lavinia's at their treatment.

"I'm sorry Lavinia, their attitude must have caused me to lack my usual charm. Please say we can leave Avner here," she mutters.

At the sound of screams Lara quickly steps between Lavinia and the source. "What the in hells?" she wonders, her view of the scene unclear. Then she breaks into a run towards the gangplank, drawing her rapier as she runs.

15. - Top - End - #375

AssassinGuy

Tygar's eyes widen at the messy death but shakes his head, turning it sideways.

"Everyone, arm yourselves! Monster on board ship!"

Soon after he hollered, his chest inflates and retracts, accelerating after its first cycle as his breathing.

Show
    Tygar's Initiative: (1d20+4)[5]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-07-20 at 06:11 AM.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

Kona the Illuminator

Kona stares at the creature, then springs into action. He rushes across the deck, and his blade flashes, too fast for the eye to follow.

Spoiler: Rolls and actions
    Show
    Move action to close the distance (30') and draw katana.
    Swift: Minute Hand attack - (1d20+6)[15], dam - (1d10+10)[14] + electricity - (2d6+2)[7]. Standard: Rapid Strike: attack - (1d20+8)[12], dam - (1d10+10)[11] + electricity - (2d6+3)[13]
    attack - (1d20+8)[21], dam - (1d10+10)[14] + electricity - (2d6+3)[7]
    granted maneuver - (1d3)[2]
    Show

Maneuvers granted: Lance of Power (Strike), Rapid Strike, Minute Hand (boost), , Flick of the Wrist (Strike)
    Maneuvers Readied: Flash of Insight (boost), Elemental Strike,
    Animus: 2
    Illumination: 3

Quick stats
    Soul Candle: 15' bright light, 30' normal, allies within 15' do +3 electricity damage.
    AC 18, touch 14, FF 14, CMD 21. HP 36/36
    Sense Motive +13
    Knowledge (Martial) +10

Last edited by CasualViking; 2022-07-20 at 12:20 PM.
    Semper ludens.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grimgor had stood to the side as the governor approached. The man's demeanor drove home Master Thrain's earlier comments, making the dwarf wonder what ridiculous tasks would come from the bloated fool of a man. He gritted his teeth at the disrespect the Governor showed the Captain, but managed to not say anything. However, when the man put his hand on Lady L, Grimgor had his pike at the ready, visibly restraining himself from stomping forward and skewing the arsehat. The looks he received clearly indicated it was a poor choice, but the dwarf cared little for social etiquette ... especially when his own leadership was being mocked and treated so poorly.

Before he could make another bad decision, a scream erupted from further up the dock and a large, blue demon appeared, howling in challenge. Eyes narrowing, Grimgor nodded to the tengu next to him, following the bird-like figure barely a step behind. He shifted his stance to use his weight to increase his speed, then rushed forward to strike with a heavy blow.

Round 1 - Swift action: shift stance to Running Hunter's Stance (+10' move, gain scent); Move action: advance to melee behind Kona; Standard Action - use Greater Snapping Turtle maneuver (+3d6 damage, ignore DR) with magic pike

Attack - (1d20+8)[10], Damage - (2d6+4)[12]

EDIT: I can see that everytime I use that manuever I'm going to miss ... given the roll, not gonna bother with the maneuver damage, unless someone has a reroll ability?

Effects: Aegis (+3 AC / +2 Will save [morale], allies w/in 10’); Running Hunter's Stance (see below); Darkvision 60’

Show
    HP 55 AC 24 CMB/D +7/18
    F +6 R +5 W +8 Init +4 Move 20’
    Skills: Perception +14; Diplomacy +13; Sense motive +12; Acrobatics +6; Religion +6; Climb/Swim +2 (+7 w/o armor); Craft-Weapons/Armor +5; Bluff +5; Intimidate +3
    Show
    Encouraging Roar (B; w/in 30’ +2 att/dam, 3rnds), Defending the Pride (B; w/in 60’ +4 AC, 3rnds), Enduring Shell (C; add shield to Fort/Ref saves), Warning Roar (C; use Dip check vs at attack to protect ally w/in 60’), Panthera on the Hunt (w/charge, gain +2 att/dam, no AOO), Tactical Strike (add 1d6 dam; with successful att, ally gets free 10’ move), Bronze Lancet Charge (w/charge, add 1d6 dam; no AOO), Piercing Strike (gain 5’ reach, can attack 2 adjacent targets), Throwing Thunder (throw weapon, add 2d6 dam, DC16 Ref or target is prone), Greater Snapping Turtle (add 3d6, ignore DR)

Readied Maneuvers: Encouraging Roar, Defending the Pride, Warning Roar, Greater Snapping Turtle, Throwing Thunder
    Stances: Silver Crane Waltz (+4 Init; +2 Ref/AC [insight]); Running Hunter’s Stance (+10’ move, gain scent); Primal Warrior Stance (+1 size for CMD/B, vs size-based attacks - weapon counts as +2 sizes; ignore diff terrain when charging)
    Divine Gift (War): 5/5
    Last edited by Starbin; 2022-08-01 at 05:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Aboard the ship the crew scramble, most running to the fore or aft castles, a couple of them reaching for cutlasses or other weapons as they slaad apears on deck. Urol the gnome on the dock turns in shock, a look between revulsion and curiosity on his face as Lara bounds past ignoring the comments from the Jade Ravens. Even as she runs past an arrows flies between the boats from Tolin's bow but misses and Limae, her dark hair flapping in the tropical wind beckons a trio of dark orbs fly free, one unravelling but two striking home as she lanuches magic missiles from the Nixie.

Aboard the Sea Wyrven Kona moves like lightning both blades flickering, the first bouncing off its hide, the second slicing cleanly into it although Kona notes that the crackling electricity seems dampened by the things innate slime and otherwordly nature. Behind Kona the kenku can feel Grimgor's comforting presence as the war pike is thrust forwards but blocked. Beside Kona master armsman Vindalf stomps forward, a stout waraxe in hand but his swing bounces off the creature, but a thrown knife from Cooper the shady half orc strikes home.

THe slaad howls before turning on Kona and Vindalf with great swings of its clawed arms before a field of multicoloured riotous magic sweeps the deck leaving screaming and agony in its wake (although Cooper you see if unharmed, much to his surprise!)

Slaad full attack
    Vs Vindalf claw (1d20+12)[31] dam (2d6+5)[13]
    vs Kona claw (1d20+12)[13] dam (2d6+5)[7]
    Vs Grimgor (it has reach) claw (1d20+12)[15] dam (2d6+5)[10]
    Vs Vindalf claw (1d20+12)[32] dam (2d6+5)[17]
    Vs Kona Bite claw (1d20+10)[27] dam (2d8+2)[6] and DC 16 Fort

Quickened SPA Chaos hammer on Vindalf, Grimgor, TYgar, Kona and Cooper
    (4d8)[19] damage Will DC 16
    - If lawful, save for half damage and if failed slowed for (1d6)[1] rounds
    - if neutral, save for quarter damage and no slowing
    - if chaotic its a gentle bath

19. - Top - End - #379

AssassinGuy

Tygar attempts to resist the spell and withdraw from the fiend's reach, drawing his bow in the process.

Show
    Will save: (1d20+8)[23]

Total Defense (+4 dodge AC; Current AC: 24 (17 + 3 from Aura + 4 from Total Defense)

Move Action to move away from Slaad (Provoking AoO)

Or

Withdraw action if he can avoid AoO

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Resources
    Show

Arcane reservoir: 5
    Spells: 0(6) 1(4) 2(3)
    Spells prepared
    0: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights, Arcane Mark, Acid Splash, Read Magic
    1: Protection from Evil, Enlarge Person, Endure Elements, Burning hands
    2:Invisibility, Protection from arrows

Felix goes back to help the team face the creature with Isaac flying by his side. While moving back, he asks Isaac if he can recall anything about the creature.

Show

Which Knowledge check should I roll to learn more about the slaad?
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Kona the Illuminator

Kona squawks indignantly as the froggy fiend bites him, and he slides back out of the grasp of that mouth. He soon answers that insult with his own crackling blades.

Show
    will save - (1d20+8)[11], fort - (1d20+4)[6]. Granted maneuver: (1d2)[1].
    9 damage from the spell, 6 damage from the bite and a failed fort save.
    Swift action to increase Illumination to 6. Full Round to initiate Flick of the Wrist. Katana - (1d20+10)[21], damage - (1d10+10)[14]+electricity - (2d6+5)[7],Wakizashi - (1d20+10)[14], damage - (1d6+9)[15]+electricity - (2d6+5)[12]
    Show

Maneuvers granted: Lance of Power (Strike), Rapid Strike, Minute Hand (boost), , Flick of the Wrist (Strike), Flash of Insight (boost)
    Maneuvers Readied: , Elemental Strike,
    Animus: 4
    Illumination: 6

Quick stats
    Soul Candle: 15' bright light, 30' normal, allies within 15' do +5 electricity damage.
    AC 22, touch 18, FF 14, CMD 21. HP 21/36
    Sense Motive +13
    Knowledge (Martial) +10

Last edited by CasualViking; 2022-07-25 at 01:47 AM.
    Semper ludens.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Lara reaches the top of the gangplank just in time to see Vindalf meet his grisly end.

"Clear the deck!" she bellows at the remaining crew. "Aloft or below, just stay back!"

Without a second's hesitation she lunges towards the slaad with her rapier drawn!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charge: (1d20+13)[22] crit 15-20
    Crit confirmation: (1d20+13)[32]
    Damage: (1d6+15)[16] using 1 panache (if hits)
    Extra damage: (1d6+5)[8]
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2022-07-28 at 10:22 AM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Vindalf staggers as the reign of evil sweeps the deck before screaming once briefly as the Slaad closes its clawed hands upon the dwarf and twists in opposite directions literally ripping the dwarf in half in a welter of blood that showers over Grimgor and Kona. Slipping on the blood soaking the deck Tygar staggers back, retreating up the deck away from the Slaad. Felix sweeps up onto the deck, breath heaving from the run back.

On the deck Grimgor and Kona continue to battle it, Kona sweeping their blade across its chest in a welter of strange bluish blood. Then Lara appears beside the kenku, rapier lashing out to sink deep into. Another arrow from Tolin goes wide but more magic missiles fly from Limae hitting in its back.

The slaad snarls and a the sweeping cloud of dark chaos erupts on the deck of the Bkue Nixie engulfing the Jade Ravens and some of the crew... screams over the water show that its hit home. The froggy demon, trailing ichor then lashes out at its attackers on deck, on all 3 of them.

Slaad full attack
    Vs Lara claw (1d20+12)[16] dam (2d6+5)[7]
    vs Kona claw (1d20+12)[30] dam (2d6+5)[15]
    Vs Grimgor (it has reach) (1d20+12)[19] dam (2d6+5)[17]
    Vs Lara claw (1d20+12)[30] dam (2d6+5)[13]
    Vs Grimgor Bite (1d20+10)[20] dam (2d8+2)[11] and DC 16 Fort

24. - Top - End - #384

AssassinGuy

Tygar looks at the bloodstained deck, crafted by the remains of Vindalf. He mutters a brief prayer then moves until he is 30 ft from Lara and Kona. Clutching his wave symbol, he elicit an utterance, sending a wave crashing at the injured two.

Show
    Moves until Tygar is 30 ft from Lara and Kona and where he can exclude the Slaad from Channel Energy Burst.

Channel Energy; prioritizing Kona and Lara: (3d6)[11]

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

"This is for Vindalf!" Lara cries as she tries again to get past the Slaad's guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+11)[14]
    Damage (1d6+15)[21] (using 1 insp)
    If Hit Menacing Swordplay as a swift: intimidate(1d20+12)[16]

4 5 insp remaining. That probably all missed.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2022-07-30 at 04:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

Kona the Illuminator

Kona slashes at the monster again, but it batters his attack aside and rakes him across the chest. Kona stumbles backwards, dropping his short sword and focusing his light on himself to close the wound. Somewhat.

Show
    Take 15 damage from a claw, 6 hp left. Move action: Animus Healing (4d6)[11], attack - (1d20+8)[13], damage - (1d10+10)[14]+electricity - (2d6+5)[11]
    Show

Maneuvers granted: Elemental Strike,, Lance of Power (Strike), Rapid Strike, Minute Hand (boost), , Flick of the Wrist (Strike), Flash of Insight (boost)
    Maneuvers Readied: ,
    Animus: 3
    Illumination: 7

Quick stats
    Soul Candle: 15' bright light, 30' normal, allies within 15' do +5 electricity damage.
    AC 22, touch 18, FF 14, CMD 21. HP 17/36
    Sense Motive +13
    Knowledge (Martial) +10

Last edited by CasualViking; 2022-07-31 at 12:45 AM.
    Semper ludens.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grimgor felt the magic wash over him, shaking his head as if to clear the cobwebs. With a snarl he moved to flank the creature, raising his pike to strike again ... then he stepped once more and struck once more. "Come on, lads! Ware it's claws and keep yer courage ... ye heard th'Capn - we kill this beastie fer our mate!"

Round 2 - Looks like a missed a round in there, but if I can get it let's go with
    Shift stance to Primal Warrior's Stance (swift), slide to flank w/Kona or Lara (move); attack w/magic pike (standard)
    Attack - (1d20+10)[30], Damage - (4d6+6)[23] (70 damage if 16 confirms)

Round 3 - Encouraging Roar (swift), power attack w/pike (standard)
    Attack - (1d20+10)[25], Damage - (4d6+12)[23]

If either hit, Grimgor will expend an Armiger's Mark to make it harder for the beast to attack anyone else.

Effects: Encouraging roar (+2 attack/damage, 3 rounds); Aegis (+3 AC / +2 Will save [morale], allies w/in 10’); Primal Warrior's Stance (see below); Darkvision 60’

Show
    HP 45/55 AC 24 CMB/D +7/18
    F +6 R +5 W +8 Init +4 Move 20’
    Show

Divine Gift (War): 5/5
    Last edited by Starbin; 2022-08-02 at 02:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

Even as the beast mauls Kona, Grimgor and Lara the priest Tygar is able to retreat and a pulse of his divine power spreads out healing the worst of the wounds. Then Lara, Grimgor and Lona fall upon it! The pike lashes out twice each one puncturing massive wounds in the frog and his encouraging bellow inspires Kona who lashes out with the gleaming blade that with a crackle of electricity parts the boggle eyed head from its shoulders!

As it dies there is a ripping sound as the body seems to implode vanishing in a dark mote that seems to swallow itself

The deck of the Sea Wyvren and the more distant Nixie look like charnel yards with crew and passengers slowly trying to recover from the unholy blights. The Sea Wyvren faring better where Tygar had saved several of the crew as they lay dying.

29. - Top - End - #389

AssassinGuy

Tygar turns to Lara, Kona, Isaac, and Grimgor.

"The monster exploded out of Father Feres before I can ascertain the full story. He was in pain and carrying something in his stomach. It seems he is smuggling a living being or forced to carry it. He plead to me to bring him to the temple for removal, adding that this symptom was suppose to happen later. Perhaps I can get more information for us from Father Feres's corpse once I prepared a speak to the dead spell for it if Father Feres's remains are viable for the spell. Or we can pay a visit to the temple he was going to cast light on his past dealings or situation."

After his hurried explanation, he springs towards the crew, checking their health. He asks the injured to gather near the party to be healed.

Show
    Channel Energy to heal injured members: (3d6)[12]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-08-02 at 06:02 AM.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

Kona the Illuminator

Kona wipes his blades clean, running his fingers gingerly across the blade to ensure that the fiendish blood has not damaged them. "That is....disconcerting. If this creature had emerged somewhere else, not surrounded by hardened warriors.... many people would have died. We do indeed need more information".
    Show

Maneuvers granted: , Lance of Power (Strike), Rapid Strike,
    Maneuvers Readied: Elemental Strike, Minute Hand (boost), Flick of the Wrist (Strike), Flash of Insight (boost)
    Animus: 0
    Illumination: 1

Quick stats
    Soul Candle: 5' bright light, 10' normal, allies within 15' do +1 electricity damage.
    AC 22, touch 18, FF 14, CMD 21. HP 36/36
    Sense Motive +13
    Knowledge (Martial) +10

Semper ludens.