New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Savage Tide Reboot IC

Grimgor Ghoulsbane, Dwarven Warder

Grimgor wiped off his pike, grumbling under his breath as he glared around the pier, his eyes falling on the mayor and the nobleman. His gaze spoke volumes, seemingly offering a similar experience to any who bad-mouthed his Captain and employer. Turning back to the group, he grunted "Well done, all. Check on ev'ryone and heal th'wounded. Collect th'bodies fer restin'.

Tygar, not sure ye've got much t'work with ... but we should be visitin' th' temple. Mebbe got ourselves a cult. Thoughts, Cap'n?"

OOC - Back to Silver Crane Waltz stance ... gather up the injured for Tygar's healing, get Vindalf's body for preserving. And fully healed!

Effects: Aegis (+3 AC / +2 Will save [morale], allies w/in 10’); Silver Crane Waltz (see below); Darkvision 60’

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    HP 55 AC 24 (26) CMB/D +7/18
    F +6 R +5 (+7) W +8 Init +4 (+8) Move 20’
    Skills: Perception +14; Diplomacy +13; Sense motive +12; Acrobatics +6; Religion +6; Climb/Swim +2 (+7 w/o armor); Craft-Weapons/Armor +5; Bluff +5; Intimidate +3
    Spoiler: Known maneuvers
    Show
    Encouraging Roar (B; w/in 30’ +2 att/dam, 3rnds), Defending the Pride (B; w/in 60’ +4 AC, 3rnds), Enduring Shell (C; add shield to Fort/Ref saves), Warning Roar (C; use Dip check vs at attack to protect ally w/in 60’), Panthera on the Hunt (w/charge, gain +2 att/dam, no AOO), Tactical Strike (add 1d6 dam; with successful att, ally gets free 10’ move), Bronze Lancet Charge (w/charge, add 1d6 dam; no AOO), Piercing Strike (gain 5’ reach, can attack 2 adjacent targets), Throwing Thunder (throw weapon, add 2d6 dam, DC16 Ref or target is prone), Greater Snapping Turtle (add 3d6, ignore DR)

Readied Maneuvers: Encouraging Roar, Defending the Pride, Warning Roar, Greater Snapping Turtle, Throwing Thunder
    Stances: Silver Crane Waltz (+4 Init; +2 Ref/AC [insight]); Running Hunter’s Stance (+10’ move, gain scent); Primal Warrior Stance (+1 size for CMD/B, vs size-based attacks - weapon counts as +2 sizes; ignore diff terrain when charging)
    Divine Gift (War): 5/5
    Weapons: Dwarven pike (+8, 2d6+4, x3/20); Lucern hammer (+8, 1d12+3, x2/20)
    Armiger's Mark: 6 marks per day (can maintain up to 7)
    Last edited by Starbin; 2022-08-02 at 02:55 PM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

"Send for the Surgeon!" Lara calls as she attempts to recover control of the situation. "Start triaging the wounded and get me a damage report," she instructs Lt. Alden as soon as she appears.

"Tygar, get across to the Nixie on the double! They'll need your help!"

"What in the hells was Feres thinking?!" Lara mutters to herself, rubbing her forehead.

"I agree, we need to go and pay that temple a visit once Tygar's done all he can for Nixie," Lara agrees with Grimgor and Kona. "They've got a lot to answer for."

3. - Top - End - #393
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"With the Nixie next to us, they are not safe from what the creature inflicted earlier. I will have to heal them post-haste after I took care of our crews health."

After healing and checking the crew members of the Sea Wyvern, Tygar nods at Lara's order. He rushes to the Nixie.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-08-03 at 05:37 AM.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Resources
    Show

Arcane reservoir: 5
    Spells: 0(6) 1(4) 2(3)
    Spells prepared
    0: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights, Arcane Mark, Acid Splash, Read Magic
    1: Protection from Evil, Enlarge Person, Endure Elements, Burning hands
    2:Invisibility, Protection from arrows

"That sounds horrendous. This is definitely concerning." Felix replies after the explanation given. "I am ready to offer any magical assistance on my end. Isaac, are you able to recall anything about the creature?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Isaac Know. Planes (1d20+6)[10] to hopefully learnt more on the slaad.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

5. - Top - End - #395

AssassinGuy

Tygar reaches the Nixie. He tells the injured to gather near him for healing from damage caused by the blight. After keeping the injured alive, the cleric turns to a crew member.

"I have done what I can to keep the wounded alive. Tell your surgeons to take care of the wounded. I am leaving the rest to them."

Tygar rendezvous with the party to update Lara on the situation.

Show
    Channel Energy: (3d6)[8]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-08-03 at 06:11 AM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Tygar triages the Sea Wyvren and then the Blue Nixie where his healing power is able to save three of the crew who had fallen to the blight. Soon after the Jade Ravens (well Tolin) joins Lavinia on deck nodding to the heroes with a wry ”Interesting passenger you found there.”

Lavinia shakes her head, a curt ”Tolin, please play nicely. Lara, are you okay? Will this derail the voyage?” Of more concern is the governor fleeing back to his keep atop his girallion palanquin and the dock master trembling with fear.

Lara is soon able to ascertain that the Temple is in the middle of town opposite the Inn and the small selection of shops should she wish to approach it
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

Show

Spells prepared
    0: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights, Arcane Mark, Acid Splash, Read Magic

"So, what should we do next? " Felix replies a bit unsure. "Should we try first to scout? Or should we just rush to our destination?"
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

8. - Top - End - #398

AssassinGuy

Tygar turns to Lara as if awaiting her decision.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

Kona the Illuminator

"We need to head to that temple. Find out of they were expecting him. And maybe not trust them entirely. "
    Spoiler: STATS
    Show

Maneuvers granted: , Lance of Power (Strike), Rapid Strike,
    Maneuvers Readied: Elemental Strike, Minute Hand (boost), Flick of the Wrist (Strike), Flash of Insight (boost)
    Animus: 0
    Illumination: 1
    Active Element: Air
    Stance: Elemental Flux

Quick stats
    Soul Candle: 5' bright light, 10' normal, allies within 15' do +1 electricity damage.
    AC 22, touch 18, FF 14, CMD 21. HP 36/36
    Perception +13, low-light vision
    Sense Motive +13
    Knowledge (Martial) +10

Semper ludens.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

"No it won't derail the voyage, Vindalf aside our casualties were fortunately light. But as far as I'm concerned that temple owes us both damages," Lara seethes, replying to Lavinia and the others. "Let's go and pay them a visit."
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2022-08-10 at 06:10 AM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grimgor nodded at the Captain's order and started stomping towards the 'town.' If they passed Avner, Grimgor bodied his way past, muttering, []i]"Make way, bystander ..." [/i] He asked for directions once they found a dock worker uninjured and willing to talk, and led the way. The grim state of his visage made it clear he was in little mood to chit chat.

OOC - Moving, moving, moving!

Effects: Aegis (+3 AC / +2 Will save [morale], allies w/in 10’); Silver Crane Waltz (see below); Darkvision 60’

Show
    Skills: Perception +14; Diplomacy +13; Sense motive +12; Acrobatics +6; Religion +6; Climb/Swim +2 (+7 w/o armor); Craft-Weapons/Armor +5; Bluff +5; Intimidate +3
    Show
    Encouraging Roar (B; w/in 30’ +2 att/dam, 3rnds), Defending the Pride (B; w/in 60’ +4 AC, 3rnds), Enduring Shell (C; add shield to Fort/Ref saves), Warning Roar (C; use Dip check vs at attack to protect ally w/in 60’), Panthera on the Hunt (w/charge, gain +2 att/dam, no AOO), Tactical Strike (add 1d6 dam; with successful att, ally gets free 10’ move), Bronze Lancet Charge (w/charge, add 1d6 dam; no AOO), Piercing Strike (gain 5’ reach, can attack 2 adjacent targets), Throwing Thunder (throw weapon, add 2d6 dam, DC16 Ref or target is prone), Greater Snapping Turtle (add 3d6, ignore DR)

Readied Maneuvers: Encouraging Roar, Defending the Pride, Warning Roar, Greater Snapping Turtle, Throwing Thunder
    Stances: Silver Crane Waltz (+4 Init; +2 Ref/AC [insight]); Running Hunter’s Stance (+10’ move, gain scent); Primal Warrior Stance (+1 size for CMD/B, vs size-based attacks - weapon counts as +2 sizes; ignore diff terrain when charging)

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Hearing the carnage from the docks the streets are very quiet, curtains twitching and people staring from upper floor windows watching you troop through the town streets. Its only a short walk to cross the town square past the lone inn and general store before you reach the small temple to the collection of various gods, goddesses and sundries. As you'd expect the stag father - Erastil - and the Gods of Man and township -Abadar - dominate this frontier town.

Entering the small squat stone building that resembles a small castle keep with an arched dome and small turrets suggesting a second floor the room opens up into a wide knave with a dozen or so alcoves representing the gods like Calisitri, Desna, Shelyn and so on, even a small one to Asmodeus lurks in the corner behind a curtain. At the far end flanking the altar are depictions of Abadar and Erastil.

Also at the end of the room is half a dozen townsfolk praying or kneeling in quiet contemplation and a tall well groomed priest with a neat beard and an educated demeanour. He looks up as this party of scruffy armed people stomp into his Temple - "WHo are you? Unless you are the fallen avatars of Gorum you can take off those armouries and return in better order."

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Lara is having precisely none of his attitude. Although she hasn't drawn her rapier yet, her fury strongly suggests rapier-drawing could be contained in the immediate future.

"My chief armsman is dead because your Father Feres smuggled a Slaad aboard my vessel! More are dead on board the Nixie! If I don't have an excellent explanation for what just happened in the next thirty seconds you're going to wish I were an avatar of Gorum!"

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate (1d20+12)[22]

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grimgor followed the Captain, and sensing another casualty, he stepped in as well. ”Aye, Father, tis as the Cap’n says. We be tryin’ t’find the logical explanation fer this ...” Leaning on the shaft of his pike, an unspoken counterpoint to Lara’s approach.

OOC - Grimgor will attempt a Diplomacy check that may serve to add to the Captain’s efforts. Diplomacy - (1d20+13)[14]
    EDIT - that luck tho!

Show
    Show

Last edited by Starbin; 2022-08-14 at 04:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

THe priest looks confused raising his hands at the angry woman storming into his temple. His acolytes nearby on the stage equally confused and startled by the raised voices in the Temple. He shakes his head. "I have not heard of a Father Feres, much less a slaad. Have you been at sea for long to come here with such wild demands, I have heard long voyages can lead to flights of fancy.." he offers as he keeps his hands up. "Now. I would ask you leave my temple, you are disrupting my flock." he adds the last with a hard glance at the scared looking folk in rough homespun wool near the front row.

Spoiler: Sense Motive DC21
    Show

He is lying and has heard of Father Feres

Spoiler: Sense Motive or Percepction DC 23
    Show

he is starting to cast a spell using disguised casting

16. - Top - End - #406

AssassinGuy

Tygar tries to ascertain the priest's behavior. He glares at the priest.

"Liar! You do know him."

Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+7)[21]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-08-15 at 05:19 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

It takes only a moment for Tygar to ascertain the priest's lies and notice his concealed casting for her to knee him somewhere sensitive and then drive her elbow into his nose!

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d2+8)[9] non-lethal. -2STR but using inspiration for x2 lvl to damage

A moment later her blade is pointed pointedly.

"So you do know father Feres! A Slaad! What the hells were you idiots thinking!? Members of our crews are dead because of you!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Menacing Swordplay intimidate (1d20+12)[17]
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2022-08-15 at 05:40 PM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Kona the Illuminator

Kona tilts his head and looks at the priest, his black eyes blinking. Then, out come his swords. He keeps an eye on the priest's flock, and moves to place himself between them and the exit.
    Show

Maneuvers granted: , Lance of Power (Strike), Rapid Strike, Minute Hand (boost), Flick of the Wrist (Strike),
    Maneuvers Readied: Elemental Strike, Flash of Insight (boost)
    Animus: 1
    Illumination: 2

Quick stats
    Soul Candle: 5' bright light, 10' normal, allies within 15' do +1 electricity damage.
    Sense Motive +13
    Knowledge (Martial) +10

Last edited by CasualViking; 2022-08-17 at 06:43 AM.
    Semper ludens.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

Show

Spells prepared

Felix sighs as he predicts that combat was imminent. In such a small space, he knew he would need to guard himself from a potential big crowd of attackers. A set of armor made of light appears on him in resemblance to a medium set of armor.

Show

Using two points from the arcane reservoir to use armored mask as a standard action and then as an immediate action, gain the extra effect from it. For a total +6 to AC.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

20. - Top - End - #410

AssassinGuy

Tygar draws his bow and cast shield on himself while moving to block any other exits.

Show
    Draw weapon and cast shield (+4 AC) on self.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-08-17 at 12:17 AM.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

At the priest's derogatory response, Grimgor bristled. ”Why ye little puffed shirt arse ... Ah'll box yer ears if'n ye speak tha way to me Cap'n again!” But suddenly amidst a shout of "LIAR" his companions leapt into action drawing weapons. The Captain went as far as to knee the priest in the nether regions and smash his nose with her elbow.

Uncertain what they saw, Grimgor raised the pike he had been leaning on and settled into a defensive stance.

OOC - Entering defensive focus ... threaten's 20' and he has up to five attacks of opportunity

Show
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

A brief scuffle breaks out, Lara punching the priest solidly disrupting his spell as he spits out a tooth. Swearing he looks at her... "You hit me, you hit me in my own Temple. The Gods will curse you, you fool!" he shouts at her. Most of the parishioners move to leave the exit getting busy as they crowd out until its only the dapper young priest and three of his acolytes, 2 young men and a young woman left.

he snarls a curse in a language that no-one recognises before shaking his head. "If the fool was trying to carry a Slaad egg within him then that is his won fault and he paid for his stupidity. I did not request anything like that." His voice is sharp and angry but he appears to be telling the truth. "You have no proof of any wrong doing, you are not of this town and the Governer is my ally... now leave before we take steps to remove you.."

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

Kona the Illuminator

Kona doesn't put down his swords. He ponder the priest's words. "He may be truthful on the specifics, but he speaks life a guilty man. And as an oppressor. We will have the truth from Feres' own lips tomorrow morning, but will that be soon enough? We have shown our hand, and the men may be enemies. Life and death are still balanced on the edge".
    Show

Maneuvers granted: , Lance of Power (Strike), Rapid Strike, Minute Hand (boost), Flick of the Wrist (Strike),
    Maneuvers Readied: Elemental Strike, Flash of Insight (boost)
    Animus: 1
    Illumination: 2

Quick stats
    Sense Motive +13
    Knowledge (Martial) +10

Semper ludens.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

"If your little cult or that damn fool the governor cross me or my crews again I promise there won't be a next time." Lara threatens in tones leaden enough to anchor the Nixie, poking the priest with the tip of her sword to emphasize her seriousness.

Intimidate (1d20+12)[14]

"I think we're done here," she announces to the room at large. "Buy anything you need and report back aboard ship. I don't intend to stay a moment longer than we have to. And if the governor wants our help for anything he can forget it."
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2022-08-23 at 08:53 AM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grimgor stood silent for a moment as Lara stormed out. He motioned for the others to depart as well, before he turned back to the man and his acolytes. With his pike in hand, he shook his head slowly. ”Ah told ye what would happen if ye spoke t'me Cap'n tha' way agin. ” The shaft of the pike snapped out, stopping a hair's breath from the side of the priest's head.

"But praps yer just daft. Or in too deep fer yer own good. If'n there be sumtin' dark in dis temple or town and yer wishin' fer a way out, speak now, lad. Otherwise, ye'll be wishin' thCap'n was th'worst o' yer problems." Grimgor's gaze took in all those still remaining, his offer/threat extended to all present.

OOC - Trying to give him a chance with some dwarven diplomacy. Diplomacy - (1d20+13)[32] ... with Sense Motive - (1d20+12)[31] to gauge the honesty of any response.

Show
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416

AssassinGuy

Tygar stays to bear witness of the reaction and blocking the exit that Kona did not block to add the intimidation factor.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

Felix nods to the given instructions and decides to go forth with his plan on looking with the alchemists for healing and defensive stuff that they may possess. No point in staying in any longer but still as a precaution, he decides to keep on the magically conjured armor just in case something else crossed his path.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

The priest quivers at the threats from Lara (whether from fear or indignation its hard to tell (apart from Grimgor who can tell its rage!)). As the others filter out Grimgor makes an impassioned speech to them, and although the priest seems mollified the dwarf does see one of them acolytes nod to a door at the back and make a sign as if to say "I'll meet you out back..."

As you all troop it left up to Grimgor if he wishes to head around the back of the Temple or not as the priest shakes his head, grumbling angrily about "outlanders" coming to their island paradise and causing trouble.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grimgor left, heading for around the back. He whispered to the others outside, ”Ah'll be back ... one o' them younglings wants t'speak.” With that done, he went to see what the acolyte had to say.

OOC - Figured I should let the team know where I was headed in case they kill me!

Show
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Lara takes a deep breath to calm herself. And then she takes another one, before sheathing her still-drawn rapier.

"Ok Grimgor, good catch. That sounds worth investigating. You take the lead and I'll try not to shout at them."