New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Savage Tide Reboot IC

As soon as the dwarf articulates "water," Tygar looks at the state of the others. Weary eyes. Profuse sweating. The rubbing of one's leg. These signs from observation prompts him to release a shower of water drenching those exhausted as well as pointing his finger into his open mouth that springs forth a stream of cooling liquid into the opening which he gulps in the moment of intake.

"If anyone wants water for their parched throat, bring out your water containers for me to fill so that you can drink at your leisure, a pot I can fill so that water can be shared among us or I can pour water into your mouths and you can swallow it. The alternative, of course, is sea water from below the cliff if you have a problem with my proposals."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2021-09-30 at 07:38 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Kona the Illuminator

"It's the effort, not the hours...." Kona mumbles, looking over his companions and their clear signs of fatigue. He seems lost in thought for a moment. "We are not slaves to be driven into exhaustion. We are free, and should act as such".

"Right. I will stay here at the camp and help ward off the heat while we rest. My light will strengthen those near it".

The candle provides fire resistance 1 in a 15' radius.
    Semper ludens.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

"After a good rest, I could prepare magic so that we are better prepared to handle the weather." Felix adds still feeling kinda bad from the uncomfortable weather. He didnt imagine that things would be like this on his first journey with a new crew.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

"We're all tired from the heat, resting would be a good idea" Lara agrees. "But this is taking longer than I thought. If anyone has a way to update the The Wyvern that would be a good idea. We don't want to get left behind if we're delayed in returning."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Aramus sighs, his old body betraying his experience. "Agreed, I can't do anything right now, but I can summon a little messenger tomorrow morning"
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grimgor Ghoulsbane, Dwarven Warder

Grimgor sat quietly as the others spoke, draining and filling his waterskin with Tygar's bounty. When Lara gave her opinion, he nodded and rose to his feet. ”Best set up camp. Bit warm fer a fire, but we may be wantin' one by evenin's end. Less tha' light o' yers'll be round all night?" The dwarf looked to the tengu for verification before continuing his thoughts.

"We'll sit shifts, two a piece ... magik types kin take first, or last. Thinking Felix and Tygar ... me 'n th'cap'n ... Kona 'n Aramus. Swap if'n ye like. Any chance one o' those birds kin take a message back? And did anyone bring a bit o' rope? Ah dinnae ..."

OOC - Camping it is! Proposed watch schedule above ... three total shifts, two people per shift.
    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show

HP 55 / AC 24 (26) CMB/D +7/18
    F +6 R +5 (+7) W +8 Init +4 (+8) Move 20’
    Skills: Perception +14; Diplomacy +13; Sense motive +12; Acrobatics +6; Religion +6; Climb/Swim +2 (+7 w/o armor); Craft-Weapons/Armor +5; Bluff +5; Intimidate +3
    Spoiler: Known maneuvers
    Show
    Encouraging Roar (B; w/in 30’ +2 att/dam, 3rnds), Defending the Pride (B; w/in 60’ +4 AC, 3rnds), Enduring Shell (C; add shield to Fort/Ref saves), Warning Roar (C; use Dip check vs at attack to protect ally w/in 60’), Panthera on the Hunt (w/charge, gain +2 att/dam, no AOO), Tactical Strike (add 1d6 dam; with successful att, ally gets free 10’ move), Bronze Lancet Charge (w/charge, add 1d6 dam; no AOO), Piercing Strike (gain 5’ reach, can attack 2 adjacent targets), Throwing Thunder (throw weapon, add 2d6 dam, DC16 Ref or target is prone), Greater Snapping Turtle (add 3d6, ignore DR)

Readied Maneuvers: Encouraging Roar, Defending the Pride, Enduring Shell, Warning Roar, Greater Snapping Turtle
    Stances: Silver Crane Waltz (+4 Init; +2 Ref/AC [insight]); Running Hunter’s Stance (+10’ move, gain scent); Primal Warrior Stance (+1 size for CMD/B, vs size-based attacks - weapon counts as +2 sizes; ignore diff terrain when charging)
    Weapons: Dwarven pike (+8, 2d6+4, x3/20); Lucern hammer (+8, 1d12+3, x2/20)
    Armiger's Mark: 5/6 marks per day (can maintain up to 7)
    Effects: Aegis (+3 AC / +2 Will save [morale], allies w/in 10’); Stance (see above), Darkvision 60’
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

7. - Top - End - #97

AssassinGuy

"Sounds good."

Tygar helps others set up camp and prepares himself before the first watch.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Depending on the clarification of the daily ability reset in the OOC and the distance to the river, Tygar may or may not use his Gift of the Sea ability to create a makeshift potion to gain the benefits of Endure Elements which he will drink at the last minute before it goes inert or he sleeps whichever comes first.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

The night is... uncomfortable. Hot, humid and sweaty the best you can do is impromptu hammocks of capes slung between the trees to escae the ever present bugs and insects that swarm across the forest floor. Even then most of the party awaken covered i red blotches and tiny stings where the various small stinging things have landed, stolen and a few drops of blood and scurried away. As the morning sun rises the humidity also rises rapidly to generate an unbearable heat and humidity that is stifling.

Approaching the cliff side once more the dead dragonfly is there still, although swarming with vermin now as its returned back to its kin but you cannot hear any other buzzing of large insects as you approach the edge once more and look down the steep vine choked cliffs to the jungle below.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Aramus nods to the others as they bed down for the night, he takes out a small pot of water, filled from the wonderful ability of his new companion, and he begins to put some herbs in it, one at a time, he pulls out some dried thyme, sage, and bay leaves, then continues to add a sprinkle of nighthawk, and black eucalyptus, then a dash of widows bane, he mixes the concoction, and then pours it into a smaller flask, stoppering it, and letting it sit next to him as he tries to sleep while sweating and struggling through the heat.

In the morning, he takes the mixture, and drinks it in one go, and then, sitting down, scrapes away the undergrowth, so he can touch the soft loam underneath, and enters a trance like state, mumbling, and humming to himself as he does so.

About an hour later, he stops, smiles and pulls his hand away from the dirt, nodding, he puts the smaller flask away, and then cups his hand to his mouth, making a small bird like noise.

A small sparrow flits into view near the cliff, tepid about getting closer to the trees, Aramus walks out to the clearing, and it lands upon his outstretched hand, whispering to it, once down, the small bird whistles at him, and he nods, kneels down, and scribbles on some paper a quick note, rolls it up, and hands it to the small bird, tying it to it's tiny feet, careful not to be too tight, he then gestures towards the sea, and whispers some more, then the bird takes off, careful again to avoid the trees, going out over the cliff, and then takes off.

After that, he takes some water, finding whatever pot they had, and throws in some ash, and mixes it up, taking some of the dirt, and then throws that in as well, as he mutters a small ancient tongue, the water flashes, after which he takes a swig. He looks to the others and offers the bowl, "This will help with the heat, there is enough for 3 more"

He then walks a little off, and gathers some spider webs, carefull not to pull any that are part of a web, wisps on the floor, and broken strands, he takes then, and binds them into a knot, and then looks to the others "Once we're ready, I have another spell to allow us down the cliffs, it will let us walk like spiders straight down it."

Spoiler
    Show

Changing spells

Casting Animal Messenger, telling it to go to the ship and drop the message off.

Casting Endure Elements on myself and on 3 other people (maybe we want to roll fort saves first? not sure how it works)

Will cast Communal Spider Climb 10 minutes for 5 people....and Normal Spider climb for myself to cover all the party members.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2021-10-11 at 10:53 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Lara does her best to rest, despite the heavy heat and the biting insects, slinging her hammock between two trees. Although recovered from yesterday's fatigue Lara still finds herself a little on the grumpy side, though she tries not to show it and thanks Aramus for the message and the spider climb.

"Alright, let's see what's down there."
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2021-10-11 at 01:23 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grimgor rose and put his armor on, grunting as he worked, but not complaining. Once the group was ready and had drank some water and eaten a bit, he turned to the plans for the day. To Aramus' offer, he pointed to the others. ”Rec'mend th'Cap'n 'n two others.
    Ah'll be fine. But Ah'll be needin' tha' spell fer climbin'. But if'n we're goin', better do it now. Day ain't gettin' cooler ..."

OOC - Ready to move on ... is there anyone absolutely wrecked by fatigue? Grimgor can make do w/o, but he'll want the Captain fresh. Others might be the one's with questionable saves :)

That being said, I fully expect to fail my next one ...

PS - changed out a maneuver and starting in Silver Crane Waltz stance

Show

Skills: Perception +14; Diplomacy +13; Sense motive +12; Acrobatics +6; Religion +6; Climb/Swim +2 (+7 w/o armor); Craft-Weapons/Armor +5; Bluff +5; Intimidate +3
    Show
    Encouraging Roar (B; w/in 30’ +2 att/dam, 3rnds), Defending the Pride (B; w/in 60’ +4 AC, 3rnds), Enduring Shell (C; add shield to Fort/Ref saves), Warning Roar (C; use Dip check vs at attack to protect ally w/in 60’), Panthera on the Hunt (w/charge, gain +2 att/dam, no AOO), Tactical Strike (add 1d6 dam; with successful att, ally gets free 10’ move), Bronze Lancet Charge (w/charge, add 1d6 dam; no AOO), Piercing Strike (gain 5’ reach, can attack 2 adjacent targets), Throwing Thunder (throw weapon, add 2d6 dam, DC16 Ref or target is prone), Greater Snapping Turtle (add 3d6, ignore DR)

Readied Maneuvers: Encouraging Roar, Defending the Pride, Enduring Shell, Warning Roar, Throwing Thunder
    Stances: Silver Crane Waltz (+4 Init; +2 Ref/AC [insight]); Running Hunter’s Stance (+10’ move, gain scent); Primal Warrior Stance (+1 size for CMD/B, vs size-based attacks - weapon counts as +2 sizes; ignore diff terrain when charging)
    Effects: Aegis (+3 AC / +2 Will save [morale], allies w/in 10’); Stance (see above), Darkvision 60’

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Felix woke up after the pretty uncomfortable night and began his daily preparations. After finishing them up, he goes to meet with the rest."I supposewe should continue the exploration. I should now have a better spell selection to the current conditions and setting." He reassures.

Show

Casting Endure elements on Felix himself.
    Spoiler: Resources
    Show

Arcane reservoir: 5
    Spells: 0(6) 1(5) 2(3)
    Spells prepared
    0: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights, Arcane Mark, Acid Splash, Detect Poison
    1: Feather Fall, Enlarge Person, Endure Elements, Magic Missile
    2:Invisibility, Bull´s strenght

On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Aramus nods, with Felix covering himself, and Grimgor able to manage, the whole group was covered. He almost immediately felt better, and as he takes the spiderweb and dabs each person, making sure everyone was ready first. "Ok, this will only take 10 minutes, so make the best of it."

Spoiler
    Show

Once everyone is ready, cast communal spider climb on them, and then normal spider climb on aramus

Once cast, Aramus casually walks down the cliff.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

14. - Top - End - #104

AssassinGuy

Tygar keeps track of the other casters as they prepare their spells for the day. He prepares his spells and shakes his head at the druid's offer.

"Just the spider climb. No need to waste the protection spell on me. I have my side covered."

He casts Endure Element on himself.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Kona the Illuminator

Kona volunteers to make breakfast. He doesn't seem overly enthusiastic about the supplies, including his own rations, but he sets to work slicing, soaking, and otherwise transforming supplies into a meal. It's no culinary miracle, but it's more of a meal than gnawing on hardtack by yourself.
    "I can ward myself against the heat, and make the climb", he replies to the offers of spellcasting.
    Semper ludens.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grimgor glanced around, then shrugged. ”If'n ye have the spells, Ah'll take one t'take the edge off this heat. And fer helpin' th'climb."

Once the spells are cast, he approached the edge with the others and prepared to get down as fast (and as safely) as possible.

OOC - Ready to move on. Trying to find a way down that we're near the pitons / ropes for a backup if necessary.
    Show

Show

Readied Maneuvers: Encouraging Roar, Defending the Pride, Enduring Shell, Warning Roar, Throwing Thunder

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Grimgor looks over the edge and with the blessings from Aramus walks over the edge... and does not fall. With his form sticking to the cliff face the dwarf leads the way down the vine shrouded cliffs towards the valley floor. The cliffs are studded iwth vines and plants growing from think ledges and every 30ft or so there is old and rusty pitons hammered into the cliff face, some with old mildewed rope attached, others not with loops of rope hanging down. Clearly the previous people who went this way did not use as much magic to descend.

It takes the party a couple of of minutes to climb down the cliffs, the last 30ft enclosed in a world of green as they climbed through the leaf canopy of the trees on the crater floor. Down in the base of the crater the heat was intense, the high sides of the valley trapping the heat like a bowl and without magical aids you would be sweating and suffering greatly you are sure. However, with the magical protections you are fine.

Pushing toward the heart of the crater and that strange temple you saw you can feel a strange tension in the air, the jungle much quieter around you, then with a dull "clunk" Grimgor's iron boot lands on stone and you can make out stones and paved path, now broken and partially grown through and some 20ft ahead you can make out an eroded stone totem obscured by jungles plants, and another 20ft beyond that one. From the direction of the path you would estimate that it is directed towards the temple although the curtains of veins and thick orchids prevents you seeing further.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Kona the Illuminator

Kona follows behind Grimgor, as they continue up the path. He keeps an eye on the more scholarly types, adjusting the pace (and tapping Grimgor on the shoulder) as the others fall behind or stop.
    Semper ludens.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Feli tries to stay in the middle of the group as they continue moving on with Isaac flying closeby. He decides to analyze analyze the stone totem with the help a spell of his.

Show

Casting detect magic to see ifthere any magic auras.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

20. - Top - End - #110

AssassinGuy

Tygar follows the mage's example, eyes glowing blue as he whirls his head around and put an ear to the ground.

Show
    Cast Detect Magic to see if there are any magical auras.

Perception: (1d20+7)[19]

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

The climb was easy with the spell, but the dwarf shook his head as he considered how difficult it would be w/o magic. As they pressed forward into the jungle, he gripped his pike, nerves practically singing as the tension of this place built. When he hit stone, Grimgor glanced over his shoulders at the others to say something, but stopped as he watched two of them waggle their fingers and stare blankly at the stone structures. Looking at the Capt, he leaned against a nearby tree and remarked quietly, ”Guessin' we wait fer tha' lot ..."

As he waited, he peered at the rocks, then looked away. Many of his kin had an affinity for stone, but he did not.

OOC - looking around and waiting for any warnings. Perception - (1d20+14)[17]
    Show

Show

Last edited by Starbin; 2021-10-25 at 02:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Aramus, thoroughly enjoying the walk down the cliffside, had a hard time suppressing his smile.

As they go the the jungle floor, and found a pavement, or some kind of paved road, he nodded again, it would seem they were right on track.

He pulled out his bow, his magic mostly depleted, waiting for the others to examine the structure.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

23. - Top - End - #113

AssassinGuy

As he is doing his task, Tygar draws his bow.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

The totems and statues are not magical, although they are clearly revered objects and have been relevant in ages past. But now overgrown with heavy vines and covered in algae and some webs. Looking around no one sees anything amiss until Grimgor stands upon a stone panel that shifts with an audible crack!

There is a moment to worry before the totems start spewing poisonous darts in all directions that fly towards everyone with dangerous needles

Spoiler: Trap
    Show

Everyone please make a reflex save DC 14 or (3d6)[10] and DC 16 Fort save or 1 Str damage
    If pass then half damage and no poisons

25. - Top - End - #115

AssassinGuy

Tygar tries to duck out of the way as the trigger crack.

Show
    Reflex save: (1d20+5)[14]

Fortitude save: (1d20+7)[21]

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Kona the Illuminator

Kona deftly crouches behind Grimgor, letting the dwarf's bulk absorb the needles.

ref save - (1d20+5)[15], fort save - (1d20+2)[17]
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2021-10-23 at 11:59 PM.
    Semper ludens.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

At the click, Grimgor sighed, thinking "Oh crap." Before he could do much more than raise his hands and arms up to block, most of the others ducked back behind the wide dwarf and were sheltered by his form. Several darts embedded themselves in his skin, mostly around his forearms, hands and exposed side. At first, they burned, giving the warrior a momentary pause. However, the burning quickly went away and he lowered his arm with a grunt. Pulling the darts out, one-by-one, he grunted to the others, ”What out. Trap."

Once the darts were removed, Grimgor gazed around. "Best keep all our eyes open ... Ah 'spect we'll see more o' these."

OOC - I'm afraid to roll, so pressing onwards.
    Show

HP 45/55 / AC 24 (26) CMB/D +7/18
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Aramus was surveying the area, marveling at the natures ability to take over from the humanoid invasion as he was blasted with needles all across his back, he yells out loudly in pain.

He can feel a burning sensation, "can someone pull these out please?" he asks timidly, showing his back to the group.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Show

Lets start by rolling:
    Felix Clawson:
    (1d20+3)[20]
    (1d20+3)[11]
    Isaac
    (1d20+3)[4]
    (1d20+3)[18]

Felix quickly moves out of the way and avoids the darts. Unfortunately, Isaac isnt as lucky as it gets hit by the impact lets out a scream in pain before vanishing.
    Last edited by DaOldeWolf; 2021-10-25 at 11:00 PM.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

30. - Top - End - #120

AssassinGuy

Tygar flinches as some darts embed into his arm when he ducks behind the stout dwarf. He clutches his symbol, mutters a prayer and spreads his arms. Omni-directional waves wash over the group, knitting their wounds. The cleric helps his allies put out the darts from their being after his display of feat and putting the darts from his arm.

"Anyone need any more aid and healing?"

Show
    Channel Energy: (3d6)[8]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2021-10-25 at 11:58 PM.