New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: DrK Wrath Righteous Reboot IC

Alostor

"A little chat, huh? Well. Shadowfang and I have been having absolutely fascinating conversations the last few hours. I think we're up for another little chat". He takes a great swig from his waterskin, and casually lets more water dribble out for his great hunting beast to lap up midair. "I'm Alostor. Not much of a siege engineer. Nice to meet y'all".
    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    AC 17, Touch 13, FF 14, CMD 18|Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +4 (+5 vs charm, compulsion)|HP: 55/55
    Perception +6, Initiative -2
    Semper ludens.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Troll in the Playground

Brey Whisperheart
    AC: 22 | HP: 60/60 | Initiative: +3
    Fortitude: +10 | Reflex: +6 | Will: +13
    Spell Slots: 0th: 4/4 | 1st: 7/7 | 2nd: 5/5 | 3rd: 4/4 | 4th: 3/3
    Mythic Points: 7/7
    Active Effects: None
    Conditions: None

"'Ello there," Brey responds to Lady Jessica's introduction, in awe of how impressive each sounds, "I'm afraid I'm no master of anything or excellent at anything and I'm certainly no champion, but I'll do my best and maybe we'll all get lucky."

For the longest time, Brey was something of a shepard for the lost. The truth was she had allowed herself to be caught and imprisoned, because nobody could really catch her if she didn't want them to. Many had been trying for years to no avail. Yet, for Brey, she needed to be where the people needed her most and that meant she had to let herself get caught. It was enough. She tended to the injured, provided comfort to the scared, told terrible jokes... To think that before all this mess began she was an outcast, the weird halfling with her imaginary friend around whom the broken flocked, and now she's being asked to be something... more.

Hearing the others talking about breaching a dwarven fortress, she offers "I can turn a stone wall into a door, if that be what you need, an' I can turn a door into a bigger one. Jus' point the way an' we can have this little... chat you want."

She pauses for a moment. "What's going to happen to the others?"
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

3. - Top - End - #783
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"That could certainly work," Jessica said, "if the castle isn't warded against just a spell. Then we need a distraction attack, while a small group makes a door and then the rest of the army can charge in. How big a door is it and can it be removed as soon as we're in possession of the fortress? It wouldn't do to keep a hole in the side of the wall. Then we just need to pick the location to make the hole, have a rest to make sure everybody is fully ready and do this at dawn tomorrow."
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

4. - Top - End - #784
    Titan in the Playground

Tali

"A pleasure to meet you all, we're going to need all the help we can get tomorrow when we break into the citadel," Tali greets the newcomers to the command tent. The sorcerer is tall and svelte, with fair complexion, blue eyes, and long blonde haired pulled back into a braid. The young half elf is strikingly pretty as so often is the case for those of mixed heritage, and she wears a long-sleeved gown with gold and silver chasing along the hems that tastefully accentuates her figure and has unusually avoided being sullied by travel or battle. She wears a dagger at her waist, but unlike her dress those with an experienced eye can tell it's overly clean and unweathered merely from lack of use. Despite her youth she radiates easy charm and determination.

"I think the best plan is for the army to give us covering fire whilst we breach the citadel's walls at the crevice Anevia found. It's bound to be defended, but with our combined power we should be able to force a breach. From there we just have to either widen the breach, clear a battlement and let down ropes, or open the gates, and after we've secured access for the army we just need to help it cleanse the citadel and neutralise Staunton Vane and Umbra. We're going to be enormously outnumbered! I suspect we're going to have to move fast, so I can provide a haste spell. Brey, I think we may need to use your stone shape spell to bypass any defensive chokepoints we encounter to prevent us getting pinned down. It's going to be risky for me to use my fire to full effect in close quarters, but if the enemy bunches up I should be able to thin them out."

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

Irabeth nods, "You are welcome all three of you, I can only bless the inheritor that she has blessed us with more of you touched by her grace." Looking around the "war council" she nods, "In the morning then, I will tell the troops." before with a short bow, mirorred, though with a smile from Aneiva the two woman leave to ready the troops.

Its a chilly night in the ruined city, the wind whipping through the streets and leaving the fabric of the Crusader tents flapping heavily where they have been pitched in the shadows of the buildings. Most of the troops preferring their own tents to the filthy and ruined buildings that the enemies had lived in. Nightmarish dreams and flickering strange lights make it a strange and uncomforting night but soon the weak light of the day returns and with the dawn comes the creak of saddles and soft whisper of whetstones on swords as the army readies.

Sosiel leads the troops in prayer and nods to you all. "Blessings to you all. We stand ready to follow your leads generals." Irabeth beside the dark skinned priest resplendent her plate and red cape holds aloft her sword. "Today, Today is the day we retake Drezen, Today is the day that we restore our honour and retake the Sword of Valour. Today is the day that the traitor Vane falls!" at her words the men and woman of the army and the newly recruited prisoners leap to their feet cheering wildly, weapons held aloft

As she finishes Irabeth comes to the six new generals, "At your command the archers will advance the curtain walls and lay down supporting fire onto the battlements of the citadel, that should hopefully help keep their heads down but will expose them to the ballista fire. The bulk of the troops will ready you to open the main gate and then we can force our way into the Citadel."
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

6. - Top - End - #786
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Jessica stands ready to attack. Here she won't lead, as she's not equipped for assaulting a citadel, so she will follow and protect the ones that are.

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground

EVENING AND NIGHT

Once the plan is announced, Gashur leaves it to the others to work any fine details if they so desire. Gashur himself can't be bothered. Instead, he secludes himself in a tent, along with his gear and a fire, and tells not to bother him until it is the exact moment to go. He lays between him and the fire a fauchard, a manual of war and some assorted magical supplies he does not quite know what to do with. He then begins to pray.

Some time into the night smoke rising from Gashur's tent intensifies noticiably, but it still seems to come from the hearth, at least the rest of the tent is not aflame, so the guards leave it at that.

Some time just before dawn the tent goes silent. The fire in it slowly dies out.

MORNING

Gashur is still asleep in his tent when people wake up, pray, prepare spells, have breakfast and get ready for battle. Eventually, one of the guards decides it is the time to wake up the half-orc if he is not to lose the best part of the action. It takes two minutes for the green guy to get ready. He does not seem like he's lost much sleep.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

Tali

A restless night haunts Tali's tent, but dawn finds her radiating confidence beneath the steely sky. No flicker of apprehension betrays her as she mingles with the troops, her quiet words laced with reassurance and unyielding resolve. Breakfast becomes a communion, fuelling not just bodies but souls. Even the veterans, etched with countless campaigns, steal glances of silent admiration at their youthful general, their hearts thrumming with anticipation. With the eastern horizon ablaze painting the citadel in streaks of fiery gold, Tali and the generals stand as a line before the assembled army. A hush falls over the ranks pregnant with anticipation and a hushed whisper of uncertainty. Tali exchanges a confident nod with Irabeth, who steps forward to brief the army. As Irabeth's orders ripple through the ranks, Tali ascends a makeshift dais, her silhouette stark against the burgeoning dawn. Her voice, clear and brimming with unyielding conviction, cuts through the tension and carries to the furthest soldier like a clarion call.

“Soldiers of Mendev, valiant paladins of Iomedae! The day has dawned, the hour has struck, the flames of dawn mirror the fires that burn within us all! Look upon Drezen, that festering wound upon our land, that monument to darkness and despair! See the smoke crawl from its chimneys, the miasma of corruption that chokes the very air we breathe! But fear not, brothers and sisters, for even as the sun's light banishes the night, so shall we banish the demons that defile our soil!

Yesterday, we burned the cultist scum that clung to Drezen like maggots on a wound. Yesterday, Gashur and Lady Jessica, heroes of legend, tore the heart from the beast that guarded these walls. And within those walls, cowering like rats in a warming furnace, the demons watched too. Within those walls, they tremble. They huddle in forgotten shrines, whispering desperate prayers to gods who turned their backs on this blighted land. They know their reign is ending, their nightmare fading. Within that stone cage they face annihilation!

Tonight, the moon will shine on a liberated Drezen. Tonight, the children of Mendev will sleep without nightmares! Today, we claim back what was stolen, not just land, but hope! The fire we bring is not one of destruction, but of purification. Our sister Irabeth will guide your blades, but it is the fire within you, the righteous fury that burns brighter than any demon's malice, that will breach these walls and scatter their ashes to the wind!

Their fear is our anthem, their screams our victory song! Let the walls tremble under our boots, the sky crackle with our magic! We are the storm, we are the sun, we are Mendev reborn! To the citadel, to glory, to the dawn - ADVANCE!"

As the final roar of the army washes over them, Tali turns to the strike group, her eyes burning with purpose. "Once the army has engaged we'll have a clearer route to the breach. I can cast haste to help us cover the distance."

9. - Top - End - #789
    Troll in the Playground

Alostor

Evening
    Alostor and Shadowfang walk through the crusader camp; friendly and smiling to all who catch his eye, eager to chat about his vision of victory tomorrow, of a free Drezen; but also brooding, squinting and seemingly looking for something.

As a matter of fact, he is looking for something: Demonic infiltrators, shapeshifters and illusions. When the moon shines through, he focuses his attention to see truth. Eventually, he curls up with his large feline companion under a blanket near a fire, sleeps late, and only barely makes it to the speech.

Morning
    Standing disheveled at the back of the crowd, Alostor nevertheless feels the power of the spoken words. He easily makes it to the front to join up with his new comrades. "It's a good morning to make a dream come true, is it not?".
    As Tali mentions spellcasting, he nods along. "I'll provide resistance to fire, mist and smoke. Should last long enough to get into trouble several times, but not long enough to sit and wait in a trench, so, let me know a few breaths before we move, yeah?".
    He starts chewing on a bit of stringy jerky.
    Show
    AC 17 25% fortification, Touch 13, FF 14, CMD 18|Fort +4 (+5 vs poison/disease) Ref +5 Will +4 (+5 vs charm, compulsion)|HP: 55/55
    Spoiler: Buffs & conditions
    Show
    Alostor: Extended MageArmor, Extended Longstrider, City Ward hex. Shadowfang: Longstrider.
    Semper ludens.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Evening

Jessica took her watch as she always would, since she could see in the dark. She would try to get as much rest as possible as she knew it would be a tiring day, attacking a big fortress.

Morning

Standing ready to attack, she told the main attack group to stay close to her as she could provide a burst of movement. Then she waited for the signal to go and attack.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

order power:
    Advance (Ex): As a swift action, you can expend one use of mythic power to inspire a tactical advance on the field of battle. This allows you and each of your allies within 30 feet to take either a single move action of the character’s choice or a 5-foot step, as long as you or your ally has the ability to take such an action (for example, an unconscious character still can’t take an action). The action granted by this ability doesn’t count toward the number or type of actions a creature is allowed to take on its turn.

This will allow us to advance 20-30 ft more than we normally could, making us arrive faster at the wall.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

As the dawn light creeps out the army assembles. Squads of men and woman and heavily armoured knights ready themselves and the look of pale worry and fear mixes with the sounds of holy prayers and the smell of incense as the more pious knights ready themselves for battle. Like a carpet of ant the army advances forwards, pouring across the bridge of the stunted duty river, as they mass of troops moves out the distant twang of ballista can be heard from the gatehouse as the ballista and "front" battlements begin firing through the gaps in the curtain wall and the initial screams begins amongst the men an woman as cruelly barbed ballista bolts slam into the packed soldiers punching through two or three people at a time... Leading from the front you avoid the worst of the fire but can hear Lucius and Sosiel beginning to channel or heal the wounded.

Reaching the curtain walls the army spreads out, grappling hooks and assembled siege ladders being raised as the prisoners rescued begin scaling the walls and dropping over the top onto the walkway where with stolen crossbows and bows they can begin to launch arrows and bolts at the walls and battlements of the squat dwarven citadel. Screams and shout echo from both the walls and the citadel as injuries mount. Near the opening of the walls the assembled knights begin to gather, every 5th soldier dropping back to hold the horses as the mass of the heavily armoured elite knights of Kenabares wait for the gates to open, in the centre of them you can see Irabeth's golden armour and long plumed helmet.

The heroes join the throng at the base of the curtain wall, Jessica clanging heavily up the wall behind her more lightly armored friends as you al reach the top of the walls and can see the battlementes of the citadel where cultists and malformed traitors man the ballista and an occasional goat headed Brimorak demon can be seen. Arrows and bolts rake the walls as you drop amidst the men firing back, a small cheer when you are seen as the men and woman can feel the mythic powers residing in you.

Crossing the walls each person gets targeted by an stray arrow, assume you each have a +2 cover Ac from the low wall on the inside of the walls.

vs Alostor (1d20+11)[28] dam (1d8+4)[11]
    Vs Tali (1d20+11)[26] dam (1d8+4)[7]
    vs Gashur (1d20+11)[31] dam (1d8+4)[8]
    vs Jessica (1d20+11)[16] dam (1d8+4)[6]
    vs Archimedes (1d20+9)[22] dam (1d8+2)[7]
    vs Brey (1d20+9)[17] dam (1d8+2)[8]

Crossing the narrow wall you slam into the door of one of the curtain wall towers and head down the stairs, the mass of soldiers clutching swords, spears and axes letting you pass with loud cheers. Inside Aneiva stands at the bottom, the door opens as she peers out, wincing as an arrow bounces off the doorframe inches from her head. "The ground is mostly open to that crack in the wall, its open ground but feel free to make ready. When you signal you've seized the crack me and these fine lads will follow you in and we can head to the gatehouse" Even as she speaks there is a great ringing sound and dust rains down upon you as a ballista shatters on the side of the tower...

Right. 100ft of open ground to cross from a curtain wall tower to the crevice. What immediate spells do you cast or do at this point. Please describe up to 3 rounds of actions.
    You'll be arriving at the crack in the walls, the one just above Area 8 on the map in the spoiler box

Spoiler: Castle map for reference
    Show

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by DrK; 2024-01-03 at 04:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ettin in the Playground

While inside the tower, Gashur takes time to zap his wand and heal some of the damage caused by an arrow that hit him in the neck. The wound is nasty, but at least he made it sure that he won't immediately bleed to death. Then he uses the magical dragonscale to change into a troglodyte again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Worst case, Gashur will end up with 58/76 hp.
    Last edited by u-b; 2024-01-03 at 09:28 AM.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Troll in the Playground

Brey Whisperheart
    AC: 25 | HP: 60/60 | Initiative: +3
    Spell Slots: 0th: 4/4 | 1st: 5/7 | 2nd: 5/5 | 3rd: 4/4 | 4th: 2/3
    Mythic Points: 7/7
    Active Effects: Blessing of Fervour (+30ft speed), Protection from Energy (ignore 84 fire damage), Shield of Faith (+3 deflection bonus to AC)

"Thank you, Miss Anevia," Brey says with a wink, "We'll just be a jiffy."

She then turns to the others, her hands clasped together, "Time to jump into the furnace and burn brighter than the flame."

Spoiler
    Show
    Brey will cast Blessing of Fervour on the party and Anevia (duration 7 rounds):

Each round for the duration of this spell, each of your allies can choose one of the following bonuses for that round at the beginning of its turn (their choice).
    - Increase its speed by 30 feet.
    - Stand up as a swift action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
    - Make one extra attack as part of a full attack action, using its highest base attack bonus.
    - Gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.
    - Cast a single spell of 2nd level or lower as if it were an enlarged, extended, silent, or still spell.

She will then cast Shield of Faith on herself, increasing her AC by +3 for seven minutes, and Protection from Energy (fire) on the party, allowing them to ignore the first 84 points of fire damage they suffer for ten minutes. Brey will give herself an additional 10 minutes and the remaining ten minutes will go to Anevia.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

Achy was happy to go along with the plan, it seemed sound, and these hero-generals were definitely in the right place, all he had to do was try to keep up, which for a dwarf, wasn't the easiest thing in the world, dwarves are natural endurance runners....not known for their speed over ground, short distances, short distances. Thats what he kept telling himself while looking out at the open 100ft expanse they had to cross.

As they moved out, he began to sing, another old dwarf saga:

Harken, ye kin of land and sea,
    A tale of might and unity.
    In Golarion's realm, where legends dwell,
    Of a great army, this saga shall tell.

In times of yore, when shadows grew,
    And darkened skies hid sun's bright hue,
    A clarion call, across the lands,
    To rise, to stand, with heart and hands.

From mountain high to valley low,
    Came warriors bold, with faces aglow.
    With axe and sword, with bow and spear,
    United in cause, devoid of fear.

Elves of the woods, with grace and speed,
    Dwarves from the depths, a sturdy breed.
    Humans and gnomes, side by side,
    A force of valor, wide and wide.

In taverns old, where tales are spun,
    They gathered 'neath the setting sun.
    A leader arose, with voice so clear,
    Spoke words of courage, banishing fear.

"Join me, kin, in noble fight,
    For home and hearth, for what is right.
    Together we stand, a mighty throng,
    In unity, we are ever strong."

Through forests dark and fields of green,
    They marched as one, a sight unseen.
    An army vast, with spirits high,
    Underneath the open sky.

In battle joined, with shields and swords,
    Against the tide of shadow hordes.
    With courage fierce and banners unfurled,
    They fought for peace, for all the world.

In legends sung and stories told,
    This army's tale, forever bold.
    A symbol of hope, in darkest hour,
    Of unity's strength, its greatest power.

Spoiler
    Show

He takes 7 points from the stray arrow
    He will then use two charges of his wand to heal Gashur and then Tali if possible
    (1d8+1)[3]
    (1d8+1)[4]
    He will then cast Minor image, creating an illusionary wall of smoke that seems to just pop out of the ground in a path towards their destination
    8x 10ft cubes, so 8 all strung out in a path directly towards our target and between the walls and us, or 4x 20ft cubes doing the same, whatever makes sense,

He plans to maintain concentration on it as they move while they can use it a layer of cover

Archimedes Stonelyre Slagson
    Init: +6
    HP's: 115/122
    AC: 18
    FF: 16 T: 13
    CMD: 28 FCMD: 16
    Effects: Blessing of Fervour (+30ft speed)
    MP's: 7/7/day (swift)
    Bardic Performance: 26/26/day (move action)
    Lore Master: 1/1/day take 20
    Draw fire: Ally w/30 feat targeted by ranged hits you (Immediate;use 1mp to use without)
    Absorb Blow: 1MP, ignore 10 points of damage , gain DR epic/1 & 5 points of resistance against acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic damage for every 10 points ignored (Immediate)

Bard spells:
    • 1st level - 6/6
    • 2nd level - 3/4
    • 3rd level - 2/2

Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

15. - Top - End - #795
    Troll in the Playground

Alostor
    (and Shadowfang)
    Alostor grunts as the arrow punches through his protective spells and draws a bloody streak across his shoulder. He reaches out to the party and blesses each one with 20 minutes of Ashen Path. He wards himself against fire (1 MP for Protection from Fire), and heals his arrow wound CLW - (1d8+5)[12]

Alostor jerks away as Brey reaches out to him, avoiding the touch spell, but Shadowfang is happy to take it instead.

Show
    AC 17 25% fortification, Touch 13, FF 14, CMD 18|Fort +4 (+5 vs poison/disease) Ref +5 Will +4 (+5 vs charm, compulsion)|HP: 55/55
    Show
    Alostor: Extended MageArmor, Extended Longstrider, City Ward hex, blessing of fervor 4 rounds, ashen path 20 min, Extended protection from fire 84 - 140 minutes
    Shadowfang: Longstrider, ashen path 20 min, Protection from Fire
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2024-01-03 at 03:33 PM.
    Semper ludens.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Jessica felt an arrow hit her armour, but it was deflected without doing anything more than scratch the surface. When the reached the wall, she noticed Gashur was wounded from the arrows, so she quickly gave him some healing before standing guard as the others cast more spells. Then at the signal she ran straight towards the gap, sword ready to attack whatever was at the other side.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

spells active: Blessing of Fervour on the party and Anevia (duration 7 rounds) (take 30ft move), ashen path 20 min, protection from fire 84 10 min

round 1: use lay on hands on Gashur for (3d6)[3] hp healed

round 2: wait while others cast spells

round 3: run to the crack: with the +30ft move, we should be able to get there in 1 round (run for Jessica is move x3, which is with the spell 150ft. If the +30 is added after the x3, then it's 90, but she can use a mythic power to gain another 30 ft (as does each ally within 30ft) from her Marshal power).

I'm not sure if that's the correct way to do it. If not, let me know and I'll edit

17. - Top - End - #797
    Titan in the Playground

Tali

Tali is winged by an arrow on the battlements despite her protections (which are of dubious protection against a mass unaimed volley anyway), but is able to carry on mostly unscathed with a little healing from Gashur. She makes sure she has Haste and Mage Armour up before crossing no-man's land with the others. If there appears to be significant resistance at the crack she'll fill the room beyond with a fireball, otherwise she'll try and cross the whole distance in as short a time as possible.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

The heroes sprint across the battlefield in long strides after a brief pause in the tower base, the twang of bows and clatter of crossbows accompanies you as Aneiva and the troops offer covering fire and the beserkers and cultists return fire but with the haste flowing through and the Lady Jessica's encouragement its only seconds of exposure before the heroes slam against the wall of the fortress and the narrow shattered cracks in the wall.

Through the gap you can see the inside of the fortress, the corridors are cramped and small with dark grey stone lit in sconces by glowing hammers (dwarf themed continual flames). Looking through you can see into a small chamber in which a dozen decapitated human bodies lie in a heap to the west, while a dozen human heads sit to the east. Through an open archway dozens of beds fill this wide room, jammed together with little space between them.

However the most pressing thing as you peer through the crack in the walls is the 3 heavy set barbarians wearing thick furs, heavy leathers and Kellid fetishes. Behind the three heavy set men clutching great axes or massive blades is a woman with an air of command

OOC
    You can all cross the space with a single move! On the map of the Fort assume you are on the edge of the crack. There are 3 barbarians in the first wee room and then their Chieftess behind them (they phsyically block the door)

Init
    Gashur, Tali, Achi, Alastor
    Bad guys
    Jessica, Brey

19. - Top - End - #799
    Troll in the Playground

Alostor
    (and Shadowfang)
    Alostor looks at the shaggy barbarians. He is not unfamiliar with their savage ways - they would need to be much better to qualify as "beastly". "Kill", he calls in a peculiar, clipped voice, before calling up a burst of light among the small knot of enemies. As they recover from the sudden brightness, the tiger is among them, clawing and biting.

swift mythic for Beast's Fury. Burst of Radiance long range 10' radius, reflex DC 15 or blinded 1d4 rounds. Regardless of save, take (5d4)[14] damage if evil.
    Shadowfang moves and bites, preferring a blinded target (immediate action from beasts fury) Bite - 24, damage - (1d8+7)[14]+grapple - (1d20+18)[25]. Then full attack: rake vs grappled - (1d20+13)[22], damage - (1d6+7)[10], rake vs grappled - (1d20+13)[14], damage - (1d6+7)[8], claw - (1d20+13)[27], damage - (1d6+7)[13], claw - (1d20+13)[23], damage - (1d6+7)[8], bite - (1d20+13)[33] confirm 30, damage - (1d8+7)[12]

Show
    Show
    Alostor: Extended MageArmor, Extended Longstrider, City Ward hex, blessing of fervor 3 rounds, ashen path 20 min, Extended protection from fire 84 - 140 minutes
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2024-01-14 at 03:08 PM.
    Semper ludens.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

Tali

Halting just inside the crack and reacting quickly, Tali catches all three of the shaggy men in an arc of incineration!

Spoiler
    Show

Burning Arc
    Primary target (7d6+14)[40]
    Secondary target (3d6+6)[15]
    Tertiary target (1d6+2)[5]
    REF DC 19 for half

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ettin in the Playground

Gashur goes straight after the chieftess, whether or not the first rank is breached to allow for clear strikes, though he also reserves some attention for clearing that first rank.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming the woman is right behind the men. This would mean she's in reach of reach weapons without provoking attacks to move past the men. The surviving men might provide her with soft cover, which will not be accounted for in the rolls below because it is not guaranteed to apply. Gashur will try to position himself to avoid it while still being able to bite a man (and/or fauchard a man in case the woman is down).

Blessing of Fervor will provide the following benefit: gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.

Fleet charge fauchard at the woman: (1d20+18)[33] for (1d10+20)[25] ignoring all DR(+7/+0 BAB, +7/+10 STR, +1/+1 Enhancement, -2/+9 power attack, +2/+0 BoF, +1/+0 Haste, +2/+0 Fleet charge)
    Full attack secondary bite at a man: (1d20+10)[17] for (1d4+6)[9] (+7/+0 BAB, +7/+3 STR, -2/+3 power attack, +2/+0 BoF, +1/+0 Haste, -5/-0 Secondary)
    Full attack haste fauchard at the woman: (1d20+16)[24] for (1d10+20)[27] (+7/+0 BAB, +7/+10 STR, +1/+1 Enhancement, -2/+9 power attack, +2/+0 BoF, +1/+0 Haste)
    Full attack primary fauchard at the woman: (1d20+16)[21] for (1d10+20)[22] (+7/+0 BAB, +7/+10 STR, +1/+1 Enhancement, -2/+9 power attack, +2/+0 BoF, +1/+0 Haste)
    Full attack primary fauchard at the woman: (1d20+11)[31] for (1d10+20)[22] confirm (1d20+11)[17] for (1d10+20)[28] (+7/+0 BAB, +7/+10 STR, +1/+1 Enhancement, -2/+9 power attack, +2/+0 BoF, +1/+0 Haste, -5/+0 Iterative)

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by u-b; 2024-01-17 at 05:18 AM.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

In the narrow crack in the wall in the wall all manner of chaos breaks out! Aloster and Tali slam into the outer walls, out of sight of the archers and a glowing burst of holy light erupts around the raging barbarians even as fire leaps from one to the next in a series of destructive arcs! Even as the Kellid emerge burned and angry and still with their sight Gashur and the feline Shadowfang are amongst them! The snowy leopard leaps atop the first of them, sinking teeth into the man's neck as the cat grapples on, claws raking and tearing at him before crunching through his neck with their final bit and landing atop the shredded and now dead warrior

Gashur fleetly darts through the gap lunging with the Fauchard over the top of the remaining two men to slash Jestak hard in the side who screams at the grey skinned reptile attacking her. Gashur is relentless biting the nearest man and tasting blood before lunging thrice more at Jestak, one striking rue, one slipping off her hide and one glancing off an crackling aura of faith. The barbarians are single minded and scream war cries as they descend upon Gashur and Shadowfang with axe and sword! Jestak slipping forward her massive adamantine jagged wedge of metal hacking at both Trog and Tiger

Barbarian 2 vs Shadowfang
    --> Vital strike with PA/FF: (1d20+14)[17] dam (2d12+16)[39]

Barbarian 3 vs Gashur
    --> Vital strike with PA/FF: (1d20+14)[30] dam (2d12+16)[30]

Jestak 5ft step in & full attack
    --> vs Gashur (1d20+19)[32] dam (2d6+17)[23]
    --> vs Shadow fang (1d20+11)[22] dam (2d6+17)[27]

Spoiler: DM notes
    Show

M1 lots
    M2 31
    M3 19
    Jestak 51

M+J: Raging
    M: Bull strength
    J: Barkskin, Bull strength

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ettin in the Playground

Thinking that he seems to have underestimated these bastards, Gashur gets very angry at both them and himself and tries to bring them down before they get him. He's targeting the woman first of all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack secondary bite at M3: (1d20+12)[30] for (1d4+8)[9] (+7/+0 BAB, +7/+3 STR, -2/+3 power attack, +2/+0 BoF, +1/+0 Haste, -5/-0 Secondary, +2/+2 Rage)
    Step back from them both
    Full attack haste fauchard at J or M3: (1d20+18)[27] for (1d10+22)[23] (+7/+0 BAB, +7/+10 STR, +1/+1 Enhancement, -2/+9 power attack, +2/+0 BoF, +1/+0 Haste, +2/+2 Rage)
    Full attack primary fauchard at J or M3: (1d20+18)[34] for (1d10+22)[30] (+7/+0 BAB, +7/+10 STR, +1/+1 Enhancement, -2/+9 power attack, +2/+0 BoF, +1/+0 Haste, +2/+2 Rage)
    Full attack primary fauchard at J or M3: (1d20+13)[18] for (1d10+22)[26] confirm (1d20+11)[17] for (1d10+20)[28] (+7/+0 BAB, +7/+10 STR, +1/+1 Enhancement, -2/+9 power attack, +2/+0 BoF, +1/+0 Haste, -5/+0 Iterative, +2/+2 Rage)

UPD: And slam +4/+4 to all of the above for Mythic Prayer and Inspire Courage
    Last edited by u-b; 2024-01-23 at 12:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

With a last look back, Jessica also entered. With Gashur currently keeping the leader occupied, she decided to focus on the underlings. She moved up to two of them and with a mighty swing of her greatsword she tried to decapitate both of them.

Spoiler: OOC round 1
    Show

move: get to two foes
    attack with cleave and power attack (but due to furious focus, no penalty on first attack)
    attack 1: (1d20+12)[13] for damage: (2d6+14)[23]
    cleave attack: (1d20+12)[19] for damage: (2d6+14)[19]

Lady Jessica Dezlentyr
    Female LG Human Paladin, Level 7 (M2), Init 3, HP 63/63, Speed 20
    AC 22, Touch 12, Flat-footed 21, CMD 24, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 12, CMB +11/+6, Base Attack Bonus 7/2
    silversheen, magical Greatsword +1 (+2) +12/7 (+13/8) (2d6+5 (+6), 19-20/x2)
    cold iron, MC Heavy Mace +12/7 (1d8+4, x2)
    full plate +1 (+10 Armor, +1 Dex, +1 Natural)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 17
    Condition None

AC-2 due to cleave: 20

25. - Top - End - #805
    Troll in the Playground

Brey Whisperheart
    AC: 27 | HP: 60/60 | Initiative: +3
    Spell Slots: 0th: 4/4 | 1st: 5/7 | 2nd: 5/5 | 3rd: 3/4 | 4th: 2/3
    Mythic Points: 6/7
    Active Effects: Blessing of Fervour (+2 bonus to attack rolls, AC and Reflex saves), Protection from Energy (ignore 84 fire damage), Shield of Faith (+3 deflection bonus to AC)

Brey follows the group in, positioning herself within range of both allies and enemies alike and prays.

Spoiler
    Show
    Brey casts the mythic version of Prayer.

You bring special favor upon yourself and your allies while bringing disfavor to your enemies. You and each of your allies gain a +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, while each of your foes takes a -1 penalty on such rolls.

Mythic:
    The spell’s luck bonus increases to +2, and the penalty for enemies changes to –2. When you cast the spell, your affected allies heal an amount of hit point damage equal to double your tier (4 hit points), and affected enemies take an amount of damage equal to double your tier (4 hit points).

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

Tali

Feeling that the others probably have this picket force in hand, Tali waits just inside the fissure in the citadel wall for the way to be cleared.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2024-01-21 at 11:39 AM.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

Alostor
    (and Shadowfang)
    None of the attacks fall cleanly enough, quickly enough to hurt Shadowfang, and the predator quickly answers axe with claws and teeth.
    claw - (1d20+15)[21], [roll=dam]1d6+11/roll]+grab - (1d20+20)[23]
    claw - (1d20+15)[19], dam - (1d6+11)[13]+grab - (1d20+20)[34]
    bite - (1d20+14)[31], dam - (1d8+11)[19]+grab - (1d20+20)[38]

Alostor hangs back and casts a simple protection spell on himself.
    Show
    AC 20 25% fortification, Touch 16, FF 17, CMD 21|Fort +4 (+5 vs poison/disease) Ref +5 Will +4 (+5 vs charm, compulsion)|HP: 55/55
    Show
    Alostor: Extended MageArmor, Extended Longstrider, City Ward hex, blessing of fervor 3 rounds, ashen path 20 min, Extended protection from fire 84 - 140 minutes, Shield of Faith +3, 14 minutes.
    Semper ludens.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground

Archy was having a wonderful time with sugar plums and gumdrops, he suddenly woke up to the noise around him! he had fallen asleep while resting against the wall!

He suddenly stood up, and began chanting a battle song to inspire his allies, hopefully he wasn't too late!

Spoiler
    Show

Use 1 round of Inspire courage:
    Each ally receives a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Archimedes Stonelyre Slagson
    Init: +6
    HP's: 115/122
    AC: 18
    FF: 16 T: 13
    CMD: 28 FCMD: 16
    Effects: Blessing of Fervour (+30ft speed)
    MP's: 7/7/day (swift)
    Bardic Performance: 25/26/day (move action)
    Lore Master: 1/1/day take 20
    Draw fire: Ally w/30 feat targeted by ranged hits you (Immediate;use 1mp to use without)
    Absorb Blow: 1MP, ignore 10 points of damage , gain DR epic/1 & 5 points of resistance against acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic damage for every 10 points ignored (Immediate)

Bard spells:
    • 1st level - 6/6
    • 2nd level - 3/4
    • 3rd level - 2/2

Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

Even as the battle is joined Gashur takes some heavy blows and begins to stream blood. THe massive armoured cat is far more fortunate as blows bounce off the barding or its thick fur. Seeing Gashur in trouble Jessica run into the room, but even as swings her armoured boot slips on a loose rock as she flails for balance sword swinging aimlessly around. Even as Jessica arrives the air and hearts of the heroes are lifted, a booming prayer bursting out from Brey as a wave of divine power rejuvenates the heroes even as blood pools from the Kelld ears and noses. Following up the mythic prayer deep dwarven singing echoes in the chamber, the dwarven voics booming off the stout dwarf craft stones inspiring the heroes.

As the noise washes over you all Tali rests outside, conserving her energy and holding a watchful position. The massive cat whirls and leaps upon one of the men, claws raking down his arms and shoulder before his head is engulfed by its teeth and it clamps down with a sickening crunch and the man's body spasms and then falls limp. Gashur in the midst of it all spins around, biting the last man standing on the arm as he holds his axe up before his face before the fauchard spins around slashing into the Kellid lady twice before her armour deflects the third blow. Each blow leaves a terrifying wound but in her rage she barely notices.

The man swings around chopping at the savage cat with everything he can muster even as Jestack steps up to Gashur and chops at him and Jessica.

OOC
    M3: Attack
    Vital strike with PA/FF: (1d20+12)[24] dam (2d12+14)[22]

Jestack
    Free: 5ft up to Gashur, attack Gashur and Jestak
    vs Gashur (1d20+17)[27] dam (2d6+15)[25]
    vs Jessica (1d20+9)[20] dam (2d6+15)[21]

Spoiler: DM Notes
    Show

M1 lots
    M2 too many
    M3 36
    Jestak 111

M+J: Raging
    M: Bull strength
    J: Barkskin, Bull strength

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ettin in the Playground

Gashur keeps on fighting, fairly sure that he dealt out at least as much as he got, but not at all sure he can survive taking more.... "Just die already!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack secondary bite at J: (1d20+16)[17] for (1d4+12)[14] (+7/+0 BAB, +7/+3 STR, -2/+3 power attack, +2/+0 BoF, +1/+0 Haste, -5/-0 Secondary, +2/+2 Rage, +2/+2 Mythic Prayer, +2/+2 Inspire Courage)
    Step back from them the woman, but still in reach of the man
    Full attack haste fauchard at J or M3: (1d20+22)[42] for (1d10+26)[28] confirm (1d20+22)[35] for (1d10+26)[28] (+7/+0 BAB, +7/+10 STR, +1/+1 Enhancement, -2/+9 power attack, +2/+0 BoF, +1/+0 Haste, +2/+2 Rage, +2/+2 Mythic Prayer, +2/+2 Inspire Courage)
    Full attack primary fauchard at J or M3: (1d20+22)[37] for (1d10+26)[35] (+7/+0 BAB, +7/+10 STR, +1/+1 Enhancement, -2/+9 power attack, +2/+0 BoF, +1/+0 Haste, +2/+2 Rage, +2/+2 Mythic Prayer, +2/+2 Inspire Courage)
    Full attack primary fauchard at J or M3: (1d20+17)[25] for (1d10+26)[32] (+7/+0 BAB, +7/+10 STR, +1/+1 Enhancement, -2/+9 power attack, +2/+0 BoF, +1/+0 Haste, -5/+0 Iterative, +2/+2 Rage, +2/+2 Mythic Prayer, +2/+2 Inspire Courage)

Gashur is now at 4/76 hp and, unless meaningfully healed, will be considered to have lost momentum and will have to spend some time to get back in shape. That is, assuming we take Jestack down this time around.
    Last edited by u-b; 2024-01-26 at 12:25 AM.