New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DrK Wrath Righteous Reboot IC

As the tale is retold of your adventures Irabeth and few of the assembled men and woman of the surviving Eagle Watch give approving nods and smiles. The paladin the most effusive in her praise and thanks. "If there is anything we cna do to help and resupply you that would be ideal. Once you are rested however I may be asking a great deal of you. The Inheritor will be asking a great deal of you." . As she speaks she rises an elderly man appears at the base of the stairs and approaches you. Aged with a wrinkled and creased face he slowly lowers into the seats beside you.

Irabeth offers a low bow and introduces him. "THis is Master Quednys Orlun, he is chief librarian of the Blackwing" before she can finihs the old man leans forward clutching Tali and Mongs' hands in his frail old ones (they are sitting closest). "My thanks, praise to the gods and Irori himself. You saved my friend Arivishnal and also many of my friends from the library. Words cannot express my gratitude." As he speaks you realise how much it means as a tear rolls down his cheek. Pulling himself together and accepting a pewter tumbler of water from Irabeth he looks more serious, his voice gravelly as he outlines the current situation.

"As horrific as recent events have been, we’ve come to realize that they are, in fact, merely a prelude. The razing of the Kite, the destruction of our wardstone, Terendelev’s murder, and the assault on the city were nothing more than opening gambits. The Worldwound is on the march in a more concentrated assault than we’ve seen since the fall of Drezen. It’s fair to say the Lord of the Locust Host is finally making his move. The end of this hundred-year-war is upon us, and it falls to us to ensure victory." Pausing he looks around to try and ensure you each understand the gravity of the situation.

“While the Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth were scattered, those who serve the Lord of the Locust Host himself remain concentrated in Old Kenabres. What we’ve heard from within the barricade they’ve erected is ominous. The cultists are waiting for something, and based on our own information and what you’ve managed to recover so far, it sounds like the vile witch Areelu Vorlesh will soon be coming to Kenabres. And it appears that we’ve determined what she intends to do.

When the wardstone was destroyed by the Storm King, it exploded and destroyed the Kite. The network along the border failed, but did not fade completely. I believe this is because a significant portion of our wardstone still exists, and that the cultists have taken it to the old garrison in Old Kenabres. From what we’ve learned, they’re hoping to engineer a way to somehow reverse the field generated by the wardstones—essentially, to use our own greatest defense as a devastating weapon. The attack on Kenabres had a predictable result: causing the crusade to gather at the border to defend it. Some wonder why the demons haven’t attacked in stronger numbers. I believe that Areelu was counting on us massing along the border, and that if she can corrupt the wardstone field, she can strike a devastating blow against us all. In effect, we’ve lined up for the slaughter.

“Vorlesh is surely seeking some object of great Abyssal power, somethig we know little of but clearly the Templars do and with it she intends to turn the source of our hope into an unimaginable nightmare. We cannot hope to evacuate everyone from the border—I doubt they would give up the defensive line even if they knew what the enemy planned. But we can still stop this from happening—we just need to have someone infiltrate the Gray Garrison, locate the wardstone fragment, and destroy it.”

As he finishes Irabeth leans in, her yellow eyes evaluating each of you. "I know this is a great burden and a great task. But many of our greatest defenders lie dead or injured. The soldiers gathered here cannot hope to succeed but you have shown great cunning and skill. Perhaps you could succeed where the troops here would fail. I know that there is other Templars of the Ivory Labyrnth in the city and they may have information on the garrison, Would you like to root them out before you move on the garrison?" As she speaks you realise that she has not even considered the possibility that you would refuse the Goddesses's call to arms.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Gashur does not tell any stories (he's not a big talker, by choice), but he listens. And he looks pretty skeptical about the proposed affair. "You seem well-informed, which might be a good thing. A few questions first. Do you expect they cannot just repeat the process with any other wardstone? If not, are you sure they would leave such an important part of their plan barely guarded such that it can be had by our bunch? They do not want to trick us to finish the wardstone's destruction or something? What if we just steal the remaining fragment? How large and how heavy do you expect this fragment to be?"

Gashur does not mind taking a walk around the city to kill some templars and cultists. In fact, he can start right away. But the wardstone... that seems quite a lot of responsibility to take based on a word of a man who can turn out be mistaken, deceived or worse.

Regarding the supplies, Gashur could maybe use an elixir of hiding and/or some means to transport the wardstone... he's not yet sure about the plan. A possibility is getting a better cold iron Lucerne hammer, masterwork or even magical, in exchange for some weapons we got. The other things Gashur wants are at least as expensive and even more exotic, such as a demon bane necklace, and if we are to meet mostly cultist, this stuff can wait.
    Last edited by u-b; 2022-03-07 at 01:39 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Quednys looks at the orc with a grim expression before shaking his head as if having an internal argument. "I should welcome your challenges Master Gashur. The wardstone fragment is large still, many hundreds of pounds and fixed by its nature to the ley lines of the arcane world. THis one they weakened somehow, and that is a concern for the other cities. It is our hope," and nods at the Paladin Captain, "That isto say Irabeth suspects that the Templars that infiltrated the city may have a clue as to how they managed to damage the wardstone ahead of the army arriving. And that is why she would like you to explore the remaining cultists lairs. "

Taking a sip of the water he looks at you all, "You are strong, resourceful and tough. Yes the ray Garrison would be a challenge, but we have no-one else and the Inheritor calls on those to serve. In addition, I have a means to destry the stone with another magical artifact. One that I will share once you agree to go"" Irabeth eyes you all with hope, brushing a strand of lank hair from her face. "Please brothers," she says, directing her yellow eyes to Mong and Gashur, "Help us do this, help make them respect us for our strength and for how we can serve." As she looks to the more religious inclined (that is Leonius and Tali) "I hope that the dire straights we find ourselves in will ensure your assistance?"

"But now," she says rising, "Please sleep. There are male and female rooms upstairs, I'm afraid its cramped and 6 to a room but there are pallets and then in the morrow you cna choose between hunting down more of the accursed cultists or scouting out the Gray Garrison."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Seira steps forward. "I would be glad to help rid the city of cultists and demons." She pauses for a moment. "I am not well-versed in arcane matters, but I am a skilled combatant. Thank you for providing me with this opportunity, as well as the assistance of your bastion." With this, she gives a small bow and departs the conversation, lingering in the room for a moment if anyone wishes to speak with her before heading upstairs to sleep.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Gashur does not mind deferring the decision about the wardstone until after some raids on cultists. He checks for availability of a polearm that would be a strict upgrade to his hammer, then, whatever the outcome, he is to press some bunk.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Leonius Caela Telum
    Aasimar Cleric
    AC: 17 HP: 22/23
    touch: 10, ff: 18, CMD: 14
    Conditions: Blessing of Vigilance (Lesser Age Resistance, 22h)

If I understand the situation thoroughly, Master Orlun, we can summarize the following: The demon hordes are vast enough to fell Kenabres, but they are being held back for an even greater victory. Men greater and more powerful than us few have expended their force to protect the remnant of resistance, while armies are holding the borders.

And our options are between looking for more intelligence on the matter or to try and breach the Gray Garrison directly? If I may be so bold to say, Iomedae does believe in bravery and valor. But it doesn't need a war veteran to see which choice is the smarter one. I truly believe we can succeed in this way, but it will not be by brute force. We are not disciple of Gorum for whom brute force is a way of life. We should seek an upper hand over the enemy before indulging in our more base instincts. And I think our group is far better in seeking information.

Besides if it is correct other more powerful men and women have been stopped by the hordes, a direct assault is ill-advised. My job in a regular regiment would be to ensure safety, healing and divine magic, but with our more subtle and chaotic qualities we might be better suited for a bit of cultist hunting. If the cultist network was as vast as I assume in retrospect now, we might as well find clues to help us. A wardstone of this size may be corrupted by a powerful mage. But the prep work is done by many hands.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

At some of Leonius's questions Irabeth shakers her head. "I'm sorry master Leonius, I didn't explain myself. Our bravest heroes are lost or missing. But of the demonic horde the most powerful have already left the city. Otherwise we would not be standing here. They have left some forces to hold the garrison, but the most powerful of the creatures have all moved onwards. Whether back into their holdings across the old wards or attacking somewhere esle we do not know. Only lesser demons and their mortal followers seem to be left here, although the activity in the Garrison suggests something is happening."

---

The evening passes in relative peace. At one point in the night you are awoken by the alarm gong and there is screaming outside, but before you can ready and arm yourselves the all clear sounds as it appears that a small roving band of flying dretches had flapped towards roof of the inn but with some well placed light spells and much archery they had been felled.

Aside from that you are left to creep into cramped cots or blankets on the floor amidst the shell shocked soldiers and citizens who have joined the ragged militia here under Irabeth's leadership. All have their own tales of horror and loss from when the city first fell several days ago. The most terrifying describing the demonic storm king slaying Terendelev and the square around the kite's destruction clearly where thousands died! the rest of the battle seemed more like a riot with cultists and demons appearing in a dozen places spreading death and destruction before the largest and most powerful demons left and the roads away from Kenebares were clogged with refugees trying to flee.

As you gather in the morning and trade weapons and equipment with other solders and survivors you can review the notes you found in Hosilla's lair. The three locations that are mentioned not places you've been to and all in the outer ring of Kenabares. The first "Topaz solutions" an alchemist's shops that Tali actually recognises having been there before some blocks to the north of the Defender's heart. The Nyserian Manor a large manor house near the open parks of East Kenaberes nearer Gwern's manor and somewhere in the middel the Tower of Estrod, an ancient tower named after a mage long dead and gone and now thought to be abandoned due to bad luck that seems to haunt the place, even if it acts as a local landmark in the east gate district. If not hunting templars then the central heart of the city where the damage is greatest beckons.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

After the group is done with bartering and choosing the plan, Gashur leads the way out in the city. He is some distance ahead of the rest - at most 100 feet or a visual distance, whichever is less. If we get close to the site without incident, Gashur activates the scale (a troglodyte again), than asks who wants to approach with the password and what the legend would be*.

Spoiler
    Show
    *No, Gashur is not a strategist enough to ask the same before the departure.

Stealth: (1d20+8)[17]
    Perception: (1d20+7)[10] (+2 vs demons)

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

The next morning the party of heroes reassemble. Anieiva sits in the common room of the inn, her leg still splinted but waves you over. "Once again my thanks for seeing me safely through the city below. You are blessed by the Inheritor and skilled in battle. In know in my heart you will return once more." She reachs out embracing Tali and waving at the others, before grinning with a savage "Good hunting, I hope that you find those scum that betrayed us. Irabeth spoke last night of the attack and described that the patrols have seen few demons or organised searching from the remaining Cultists of Baphomet and Deskari that spearheaded the attack. With so many fled they have left or nw prowl looking for hidden survivors or loot. It is a disorganised assault but for that we must be thankful."

After wishing Anieva good bye you exchange nods with a few guards, head down to the cellar and trade some of your weapons and armour for others that are horded in the cellar that is now an armoury and are able to head out into the street heading north through the shattered streets. The days has dawned bright, if cold and the thin wintry light cuts through the pyres of smoke thta rise still in the ruined city. Much of the skyline now changed as you face the inner city and see ruined tower tops and destroyed temples and buildings. Here in the outer city its less apparent although the empty streets and silent market squares are eerie and disconcerting.

Early in the morning you make good time cutting and winding through the residential quarter, hopping through small neatly tended gardens and skirting alleys before you can make sight of the small market square that houses Topaz Solutions. The square is deserted, a burnt and fallen tree that once gave shade to the market stalls has collasped in a pile of ash and blackened branches across the centre of the courtyard and to the far side a pile of skulls is stacked some four high with the the owner's bodies hanging from the shop fronts of the buildings, their pallid white flesh defaced with arcane demoinc runes that glow slightly. The ritual, or the celebration though seems to be over now and little remains to show who or what perpetrated the massacre.

From his scouting position Gashur crouches behind an old wagon in the street entering the square from the south, the defaced shops on the north side of the 200ft wide square look deserted and Topaz Solutions lies on the west side. Broken glass litters the street outside and faintly Gashur can hear laughing and shouting from within although from the angle on the southern edge he cannot see inside the shop window. But the laughing sounds "humanoid" not demonic and there is a clink of glass.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Leonius Caela Telum
    Aasimar Cleric
    AC: 17 HP: 28/28
    Conditions: Blessing of Vigilance (Lesser Age Resistance, 24h)

Carefully and methodically, Leonius straps on his new armor. Asking for help never hurt anyone, so he assumes they would do so readily. A knight wouldn't don armor themselves, so why should a warrior-priest? Also in the morning, the aasimar's age is shown for everyone. The cleric was not remarkably slower or weaker than the average man, on the contrary. After all, Iomedae's priests followed a strict training regimen. But it becomes increasingly obvious that the Inheritor blessed the plane-touched man with supernatural endurance, regaining what once was. Leonius did his prayers in full public view and invited others to join him in them. He was not forcing his beliefs upon anyone, but seeing actual miracles in action should maybe lift the morale a bit. After refilling the water reserves of the makeshift headquarters, the cleric went to leave the area, scouring the city streets.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am assuming Gashur returns with the info.

Pillaging and looting was expected. No, the cleric was more concerned of any buildings not defiled. As thus he honed his miracles, and soon his eyes shone in a clear blue light. Struggling with his newfound senses, he could do not much more than follow and warn people.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Detect Fiendish Presence. This works as Detect Evil, but only for evil aligned outsiders and their magical abilties as well as anyone demonic divine caster with an aura.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Mong does his best to entertain the soldiers before leaving. A little barsongs to lift "their spirits" while they drink their spirits.
    Music: Keep Hauling
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkNwhbyiA4Y

and
    15 men and bottle of rum:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzcv5TJkJBA

Lastly
    Can't keep a good man down
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAP5OJsfQPw

Heart of Steel
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm-ze3BSDmY

After doing his best to help the mood, he switches to picking up his new armor. It was shiny and fresh, not like his old performing armor, which was dusty and smelly by the time he sold it after traveling through the underground.

Seeing with temples destroyed and other places razed saddened him.
    "The password is "I've new materials for the archives" maybe? I'll approach with it if need be."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Gashur frowns and points at the letter. "More than one person can go. In fact, I can go too, as long as I'm silent. Not so sure about the aasimars."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Leonius Caela Telum
    Aasimar Cleric

With a bit hesitation, Leonius covers his divine symbol and pulls out the black stone symbol of Baphomet. I can pretend to be a disciple of Baphomet for a few moments, but do not expect me to slander my goddesses' name. Same goes if they can sense the Inheritor's celestial aura. It is your choice if I am to remain out here for backup or follow you.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

As some of the heroes crouch in the ruined marketplace Gashur, Mong and Leonius, the latter with his holy symbol covered and the vile symbol of Baphomet hung around his neck (the stench burning his nose and chest feeling hot and uncomfortable where it rubs against the armour) approach the shop front. Leonius foot crunches on some shattered timber and the voices in the Topaz Solutions end abruptly and a horned tiefling with ragged looking chainmail and a large scythe appears in the window, weapon ready, another 3 cultists (1 scythe more wielding cultist of deskari and 2 more glaive armed followers of the bonze bull).

The 4 cultists, pause, standing in the ruins of the shop, the low fire crackling in the shop appearing to have a human leg turning on a spit much to the revulsion of the 3 heroes. A smattering of chests bags and sacks hint at these cultists doing more looting than anything more nefarious although cannabilism is clearly a sign of their deviant nature. They watch, weapons ready, an aura of menace around them as they ready weapon and spell seeing who, if any of Mong, Gashur or Leonius will speak...

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Leonius Caela Telum
    Aasimar Cleric

Leonius looks at the others helplessly, then steps forward. He glances at the turning leg and has to fight his urge to draw steel. We come from the south, needing a place to pause. If you may be interested, I've new materials for the archives. The cleric has shivers all over his body relinquishing himself to these monsters. He presses his breath between his teeth as he passes this savagery.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

As Leonius speaks the looters relax visibly, all 4 lowering weapons and two of them settling back to the turning leg, a shred being torn free and tossed to Leonius, "Hear my friend, try some, she was pretty so its got a sweet taste..." he cackles at the end, revealing fanged teeth and a forked tongue (no doubt a throwback to his partially demonic heritage). The leader amongst them watches Mong, Gashur and Leonius coldly, "Hmm, South, we've been looting this northern district. Its been rich pickings. Come sit down, Faxon isn't here, he's in his tower so if you have news of the south you can go there. He is pissing himself lest Jeslyn make him go to the garrison to account for his missing Nahyndrian crystal research""

The third cultist picks up a pair of bottles from the ground and tosses it Mong and Gahsur, "The wine is good here no? Looted from a burnt out inn but a Taldoran vintage, and a good one."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

The troglodyte which is Gashur steals the meal from Leonius and puts it in his troglodyte mouth. Some meat he could handle no problem, especially if it is well done. He catches a bottle, opens it, raises it up, then takes a few good sips. Then he turns his attention to the rest of the roast, but approaches it from where he would be out of everyone's way and, somewhat incidentally, behind most of the guy's backs.
    Last edited by u-b; 2022-03-16 at 06:46 AM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Leonius Caela Telum
    Aasimar Cleric

Leonius is flabbergasted but relieved Mong takes his "share" of the meat, though he looks at disgust how his friend eats human flesh so calmly. He decides to press the matter to be able to dispose of these fiends. Instead he takes a swig from the wine bottle. He needed the alcohol now. I'm but a humble servant of my god. What would Nydranian crystals be? he asks clearly mispronouncing the name to underline his ineptitude.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

"So, was this a profitable shop to loot? What kind of stuff did they have?" Mong asked curious

While it wasn't an orc leg, still the thought of eat another humanoid sickened him.

He takes a swig of the wine, it has a spicy kick to it.
    "Nice stuff, thanks for quenching my thirst."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

The men grin as the troglodyte wolfs down some of the leg, the eating of flesh and the drinking of wine putting them at ease. The one at the back looking at Mong. ”Its a rich city, better than Drezen eh! Staunton Vane haas stolen everything all ready so it’s barren and hungry. After this not sure if we’ll head north or south to the next city for more looting. Let all the abyssal things do the hard fighting.”

At the front of the shop the deskari cultist shrugs. “I don’t know. Something that Faxon has been playing with. Magical demon crystal linked to what they did do to the wardstone.” Pausing and looking harder at Leonius he asks more carefully “Who did you serve. Which of our great lords do you call master.”

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

After this question is asked, Gashur decides to change the method of the interaction and swings his polearm at one of the cultists. The half-full bottle of wine just falls to the floor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Surprise lucerne hammer power attack: (1d20+6)[17] for (1d12+10)[18] nonlethal vs flatfooted AC

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Tali had been extremely uncomfortable watching this interaction with with the cultists from the shadows, lurking at the back with the others. She finds the consumption of human flesh and the casual talk of looting sickening. When Gashur decides to weigh in with his hammer, Tali, already on edge, picks a cultist at random and blasts them with a pair of magic missiles!

Spoiler
    Show

Magic Fire Missile (2d4+6)[13]

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Mong draws his weapon moving toward the leader and swinging his blade hard with both hands, "Our orders are to kill one of you for Faxon, don't blame us", raging as a free action

Spoiler
    Show

Figured in case they get away, they will think Faxon sent us to kill them.

AC: 18 () HP: 43/43
    touch: 12, ff: 13, CMD: 19
    Saves: +9/+4/+5
    Rage: 1 rd (+8 Str/+6 Con)

Sword - (1d20+11)[15]
    (1d8+11)[15]

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

The attack is swift and brutal! Mong swings his sword cleaving into the cultist beside him sending the man tumbling to the ground in a welter of blood, beside him Gashur twirls his hammer into the back of the cultist who had turned away, the hammer smashing into his head as the man's eyes roll into the back of his head and he slips into unconsciousness. Tali, from across the square glows with holy power and righteous fury, a flurry of magical orbs of glowing power streaking into the chest of the nearest cultist who staggers back...

The cultist near Leonius looks in horror at his two fallen companions and reaches for his scythe and the wounded one tries to draw his heavy spiked morning star...

OOC

Leonius and Sierra can act in the surprise round (1 action)

Round 1
    Leonius, Tali
    Any surviving cultists
    Sierra, Gashur, Mong

Leonius, feel free to post your surprise round and round 1 together

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

With the surprise attack going decidedly in the infiltration group's favour, Tali decides to save her best powers and continue with something less draining, firing a fire splash towards the cultist she'd previously injured.

Spoiler
    Show

Fire Splash ranged touch Vs flat footed: (1d20+4)[7] damage (1d3+2)[4]

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Leonius Caela Telum
    Aasimar Cleric
    Conditions: Blessing of Vigilance (Lesser Age Resistance, 24h), Seize the Initiative (1/7 used, with Mong)

Leonius tries to kick out the feet under the Deskari cultist. I do serve Iomedae! he shouts angrily. This indignation has lasted long enough. You belong into the dirt, you vile monster. Taste the Inheritor's Blade! he finishes with a downward stab.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trip combat maneuver: (1d20+5)[23] vs its CMD. If anyone is armed the have an AoO on me.[

10 to hit, for 9 damage.

Last edited by Spore; 2022-03-19 at 08:13 AM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

With two cultists down and one leaking blood from the brutal impact of Tali's missiles it looks like it will be a short scuffle in the ruined alchemy shop. The one injured by Tali ducks as the ray of fire zips past their shoulder before with an oath to Deskari (the demon lord of insects, locusts and other things that scuttle) swings the scythe at Gashur.

The other is smashed to the ground by the irate Leonius who is offended by the casual cannablism, the demon worship and the vile looting and murder. Prone and off balance by the sudden attack they can't defend themselves from the vicious stab that follows. Clutching the bronze bull head on their chest the cultist howls an oath as a pulse of dark energy sweeps over you all (well Gashur, Mong and Leonius), as the cultists then struggles up he tries to avoid the savage swings from Mong and Leonius

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Cultists 1:
    Hit Gashur (1d20+4)[23] dam (2d4+3)[8]C
    - If a crit then (1d20+4)[16] to confirm and (6d4+9)[28] additional damage

Cultist 2: Channel's -Ve energy for (1d6)[3] damage Will DC 13 for half
    - then stands up provoking AoO from Mong and Leonius

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Mong thinks the team did good, though Leonius let them know who he serves so anyone spying Knows now. But guess we are winning anyway.

"take this!"

Spoiler
    Show

Uses rage one more round (gotta conserve those since faster than song): 2 uses so far
    AC: 18 () HP: 43/43
    touch: 12, ff: 13, CMD: 19
    Saves: +9/+4/+5

Attack of Opportunity: Swordhit - (1d20+11)[25]
    Dam - (1d8+11)[14]

Save vs Strange energy DC 13 Will - (1d20+5)[6] to half 3 damage

My turn's Attack on either Cultist still alive
    Swordhit - (1d20+11)[23]
    Dam - (1d8+11)[13]

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

In the end the demonic cultists cannot stand against the savagery of the crusaders. Mongs sword spin like a whirlwind, and cleaves into the chest of the rising cultists ending him before a step and a lunge impales the one still breathing through his ragged chest after Tali's sorcerous onslaught! With three dead and one soundly sleeping from the impact of the hammer upon his head peace descends once more upon the Topaz Solutions.

A quick search of the dead looters/cultists reveals a smattering of minor potions, but the sacks of looted belongings are more useful, even if they have been pulled from the Kenabres dead or looted from the wreckage of the buildings in the local area.

Loot from the cultists
    2 Mwk glaives, 2 mwk scythes (although carrying 4 polearms could be troubling)
    4 Unholy symbols (2 deskari, 2 baphomet)
    Potions [Cure light x 3, Remove Fear x1, Protection from Good x1]
    Scrolls [Cause fear x2, Comprehend languages, Divine Favour]
    67gp

Loot in the sacks
    122 gp, 418 sp,
    a set of silver cutlery worth 125 gp, a brass goblet worth 15 gp, a portrait of a young man in fancy dress cut from its frame and rolled up worth 55 gp, a flask of acid a
    Alchemicals [Alchemists fire x 2, Acid, Holy water x3, antitoxin x2]
    3 x flaming +1 bolts
    Potions [barkskin (CL5), elixir of vision]

Looking around the shop for any further clues as to the activites of the Templars of Ivory Labyrinth reveals little in the storeroom that has been smashed and ruined or in the upstairs quarters where Maester Aigon once lived but the basement has more interesting things within it as the trapdoor is lifted and must and damp rise from below.

The air in this basement is damp and musty-smelling. The walls and floor are packed earth, while dozens of gourds hang from the ceiling beams. A sludge of rotting plant matter covers the floor. Against one wall, a wooden table holds a strange apparatus that looks like a clockwork toy of a snake-bodied, six-armed woman holding a sword in each hand. A tightly corked bottle, filled with what looks like water, sits before the statue. A wooden chest covered with engraved runes stands under the table, and a sinister image of a star surrounding a goat's face is painted on the wall above the table.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Having been hit and barely not decapitated, Gashur steps towards the scythe-wielder and tries to rip him apart with bare hands... or, well, claws... just as the guy gets killed by Mong's blade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Whoa, that was close!
    Will (1d20+1)[20]
    Claw (1d20+9)[20] for (1d4+8)[9]
    Claw (1d20+9)[15] for (1d4+8)[9]
    Bite (1d20+9)[23] for (1d4+8)[9]
    Last edited by u-b; 2022-03-19 at 11:09 AM.