New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Thrice-Blessed IC

Before anyone can do anything, the giantesses are on the ground and towering over the barrel-shaped fire giant duke and his body guards. Sėle drops from up above the drow and intones the names of Sune and Sharess, each bearing power that strikes the foul drow blind and deaf. The hell hounds manage to act before Echo and Slider, as they allow their mistresses to dismount. Fire breaths wash over the winter wolves... who look rather smug as Sėle's magic protects them entirely. The hell hounds, in turn, get to watch as cold gathers around the maws of Echo and Slider.

(Shiver's turn. Adjacent to Duke Zalto)

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

The fire giant is probably used to dealing with opponents much smaller than himself, but one of the things that frost giants have always had over the fires and Shiver is bigger than even the biggest frost she remembers from her tribe. Her rage makes her already prodigious muscles grow even more and her blade flashes in the garish light of the mine, promising death for the duke and all of his men. Her aim is to kill the leader of the militaristic fires to break their morale or at least give no chance to reorganize a defense.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+41)[46] & (4d6+31)[43]
    (1d20+41)[48] & (4d6+31)[41]
    (1d20+36)[53] & (4d6+31)[45]
    (1d20+31)[50] & (4d6+31)[47]
    #GoreMutualarejerks

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: criticals
    Show
    (1d20+36)[47] & (4d6+31)[45]
    (1d20+31)[35] & (4d6+31)[46]
    #GoreMutualarejerks

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

Sword and axe flash. Duke Zalto is certainly tougher than most fire giants, but that means fairly little in the face of the force that is Shiver and Drufi (aka Shake; Drufi adores the nickname, though has made clear that if she is introduced primarily as Shhalt/Shake, Shiver will sleep on the proverbial couch). However, the Duke has one trick up his sleeve.

Shoving his two body guards in the way. And it takes both of them to stop the giantesses, as both are hacked through post-haste, while the Duke... runs away full speed towards the north, calling for the guards to defend their duke. "Oh hey, look, an honest fire giant," Drufi calls after the cowardly Zalto.

Echo and Slider lay into the hell hounds with their frost breaths, and the singed mutts are not having a great time. They retaliate with bites, having some success, but the winter wolves are tough indeed (and once again, they ignore the additional harm that would be caused by the heat of their bites).

Sėle quickly takes the iron flask from the drow while they are blind, deaf, and generally confused.

(Shiver's turn. Duke Zalto took the run action to skedaddle after putting his guards between him and the giantesses. You can give orders to your allies as well.)

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

Drufi, you're with me, we go after that duke. Echo and Slider, finish off the hell hounds. Sile, take whatever means needed to make sure the drow do not get their hands on that flask again. Shiver and Drufi chase after the duke (Im assuming that by your description, the other guards are incapacitated) Dont know if I get any attack rolls or not, but putting them in if I do

Show
    (1d20+41)[61] attack & (4d6+31)[47] damage
    and if I get a full round action
    (1d20+41)[60] attack & (4d6+31)[37] damage
    (1d20+36)[42] attack & (4d6+31)[48] damage
    (1d20+31)[40] attack & (4d6+31)[50] damage
    #GoreMutualarejerks

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

I might not need full attack round, because I got this on the first strike

Spoiler: Head chopping time
    Show
    (1d20+41)[58] attack & (4d6+31)[46] damage
    #GoreMutualarejerks

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Graced with long and powerful legs, compared to the waddling, becrowned barrel running away from her, Shiver gives chase. Her sword sings as it cuts through the air, and as she swings, there is a tiny, tiny instant where she can hear Diancastra's laughter, just on the edge of her mind, and a few choice words that Shiver somehow knows are relayed by Diancastra for her elder sister Hiatea, goddess of the hunt:

Off with his head!

And as guards come storming in at various entrances to aid their duke, they watch the most powerful of the fire giants in Ironslag, nay, surely the entire Savage Frontier! run from a frost giantess. And a single perfect strike cleanly severing his head from his shoulders, leaving it with a quite dumb and surprised expression.

Duke Zalto, in all his might and glory, fully equipped, without so much of a scratch, simply one-shot on his domain, and having died a coward to boot.

Drufi, for her part, would be disappointed that she didn't get to carve up the duke, were she not as thoroughly impressed and a little aroused as she is at the moment. In the background, Echo and Slider just freeze and mangle the hell hounds. The drow, still fumbling without sight or hearing, regardless seem overcome by more urgent priorities, as they feel the urge to writhe on the floor in pleasure (courtesy of a present priestess of Sharess), though their noises are mostly swallowed by the surrounding mechanical ambiance.

None of the fire giants who witnessed what happened seem that keen on being the first to charge at Shiver, whose sword, I might add, cut so cleanly that not a drip of blood clung to it, which is quite the task given its size.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2022-12-27 at 04:09 PM.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

Shiver takes a stance in the middle of the room with her sword resting tip on the floor. She gestures to Sile to release the drow from their enchantment.

Because I am feeling generous, you have one chance to teleport away. I have more important things to do than take on the whole drow nation Your flask however is forfeit, I will be sending it to the Harpers for disposal and containment, you should not be messing with things you have no hope to control.
    As for the rest of you fire giants, you also have one chance, to join a more civilized society that is being built. The humans will be a part of it, the hills are already on board, the stones and frosts will be and the storms don't care about such things. You can either be a part of it or you can be ostracized. As a sign of good faith in joining the new world, we melt down this war machine into ingots of adamantite, half of them going to rebuild destruction that giant kind have caused, and the other half will be yours to keep and use in trade
    #GoreMutualarejerks

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

The drow pick themselves up off the ground, hastily retreating, though one or two cast looks back to the giantesses.

Drufi chimes in as well. "This is Slissht, future queen of the frost giants, and you better remember her name. And in case you think we forgot, a future involving the small folk means you do not get to keep slaves. That includes other things like indentured servitude. Anyone wanting to 'well, technically' me should come down here and say that to my face."

The fire giants don't seem particularly enthused about about submitting to a frost giantess, but if this is what the frost giants are suddenly fielding, they don't like their chances. Eventually, a fire giant blacksmith comes forward, saying that melting down the Vonindod will take a long time.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Then the faster you get started on it, the sooner it will get done
    #GoreMutualarejerks

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

The fire giants just kind of look defeated, getting to work. The party ensures they do so with their own strength, instead of having slaves push the big wheel making the bucket chain loaded with the ore from the mines move. The freed slaves are equally thankful to and mesmerized by their saviors, Shiver seeing dozens of humans, as well as some dwarves and elves. Smaller slaves seem to have been used as snacks for hell hounds eventually, and they discover the bodies of slaves that have been worked to death (or who died from abuse), but have not been disposed of yet. Which, sadly, is fire giant business as usual.

When they think they are out of earshot/sight, some fire giants grumble about wanting to take on Shiver, but either giantess turning to them makes them swiftly reconsider. Even more heretical for fire giants, some of the younger ones find themselves to be awfully distracted by Shiver and Drufi, and when their fellow fire giants notice, they are swiftly ostracized (sometimes so those doing the ostracizing to mask their own confused feelings).

As the forge sets to taking apart and melting down the Vonindod, Shiver is informed the process will take at least a two weeks, as both the adamantine and the enchantments on it are tough to work with, especially without the artifact forge. They are offered the duke's chambers if they wish to stay.

Drufi has the mountain gate opened and Sėle retrieves the previously enslaved elven princess Halani, before seeing to the needs of the freed slaves.

"Should we stick around until they're done? Not really trusting them to keep their word on their own," Drufi asks, mostly out of natural distrust for the fire giants (and being able to hear their thought unheard grumbling).

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

Hanging around in the fire giant fortress, Shiver decides to start dressing a bit more provocatively, both for Drufi's benefit and to work on the rifts in fire giant hierarchy. Furthermore, any attempts to ostracize fire giants who respond positively to her are short circuited by her giving more responsibilities and duties to those giants, to make the giants understand that the old ways are gone and replaced by new ones.
    She also has a special assignment for Sile, for her to use any sort of teleportation magic or her fast overland travel magic to take the flask to the Harpers for examination and disposal. She doesnt really care which Harper it is brought to, although Beldara might be a good choice or one of the Sisters, her only restriction that it not go, at least from her to that "stupid" Elminister.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Shiver's influence takes root quickly, the fire giants never having met a giantess anywhere near her presence or beauty. Drufi tells her wife after a few days that she heard the older fire giants whisper about her "corrupting influence" taking over the younger ones, who increasingly flock to Shiver and Drufi.

As for the huntress, she is also busy, using her skills to catch anyone wanting to suppress this change away from Shiver, while also establishing what she calls soft dominance, inviting fire giants to unarmed sparring matches, their pride making them agree, only to not win once against Drufi. Thanks to Shiver's influence on the huntress, while Drufi does let them know this way that yes, they can't take on the pair of frost giantesses, she doesn't belittle them, rather gradually introducing them to a better competition culture. In the end, she ends up mentoring a fair few of the fire giants, becoming increasingly popular (and Shiver just as much by extension).

Their rising popularity has particularly the younger fire giants enthralled with the giantesses, and Shiver's choice of dress certainly also has a great effect on them (and Drufi). A young fire giant man, seemingly one more on the artisan side of things than the warriors in this place, straight up asks Shiver if he she could serve as model for a statue, awestruck by her grace and beauty, and he somewhat shyly asks if she would consider what boils down to basically a date. On Drufi's side of things, Shiver frequently sees a young woman who while of course sharing the short stature of her kind notably lacks the obvious intense muscle mass in favor of smoother motions and more feminine curves, something found rarely among fire giants. The young woman apparently describes herself as a "flame dancer", and she makes no secret out of having eyes for Drufi, frequently asking for mentoring and sparring matches, and "just so happening" to come across her.

Sėle dutifully delivers the flask, returning a several days later, reporting that she asked Beldora for assistance and delivered the flask to the Harpers with her help. It turns out the Harpers have a network of teleportation circles spread across the Savage Frontier, which they were given access to. Sėle decided to use the trip for a few personal side activities, such as ensuring Beldora would gain more recognition among the Harpers, as well as "spoiling" the spy for a day or two for all her help. Sėle seems to think quite highly of Beldora, saying she is a diamond in the rough and that she may start realizing her potential very soon. She also checked on how the former shamaness she recruited is doing, apparently having taken to her new life as a Sharess initiate like a fish to water, bringing a wilder, more honest quality into the mix of mostly city-born priestesses. Shiver also notices that while Sėle is away, all the buff spells do not cease to work.

And finally, since they aren't constantly on the go for once, thus leading to a fair bit of downtime as the fire giants melt down the Vonindod, Drufi (or Shhalt/Shake, still adoring her nickname) spends a lot of time with Shiver, finding it difficult to stay away from her for long, being lured by her and luring her in turn. The blessings of Iallanis are never far from the two of them (seeing as their true love is undeniable, as how the seeds of love and understanding are planted among the fire giants), as are the favor of Hiatea (Drufi turning out to have quite the fondness for the three goddesses, but particularly the goddess of the hunt), and Diancastra (who seems endlessly pleased by Shiver boldly ignoring what is commonly seen as insurmountable differences).

With the Vonindod eventually melted down, Drufi does a few quick trips out of Ironslag every now and then (she doesn't particularly like being cooped up for long inside), and one day, she returns with a particular discovery: "I've seen a cloud castle travel nearby. Took a quick look and I am positive it belongs to Countess Sansuri, de facto leader of the cloud giants. Not really sure where she is headed, but if you want to do something about the clouds, we can get to her pretty quick."

Sėle meanwhile seems to have trouble sleeping recently, at times zoning out, being out of sorts, or looking flushed. Shiver and Drufi separately notice eventually that she seems to always look in a particular direction when she is out of it, at times simply wandering out to look into the distance.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Shiver tries to catch Sile in one of her "zoned out" moments to ask her what is going on and what she is thinking about.

Talking to Drufi, her tone is more serious. Im not sure how to deal with the clouds. The hills, fires were straightforward, as will the frosts, beat their leader into submission. The clouds are another matter entirely. Im sure the countess is a step up from them both, one Im not sure we are up to. Not to mention all of her aides that will be much more organized than this rabble

Shiver tries to recall any memories she had of dealing with the Countess or any stories she heard about cloud giants.
    (1d20+1)[17]
    #GoreMutualarejerks

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

Sėle is caught off-guard by Shiver. "O-oh, Slissht, I didn't notice, I'm sorry. How can I help you?" When asked what is going on with her, Shiver also noticing that Sėle called her Slissht instead of "mistress", she does the verbal equivalent of wringing hands, not sure how to start, before saying: "You know how I told you I fell in love with you the moment I saw you? That it is in my nature to serve the one I love to see them fulfill their destiny, until they let me go?" She stops, fidgeting. "I would wander and grow weak again, until I found my new love who I would accompany to greatness, and their true love, and the cycle would continue. It felt cruel back then, like I was cast aside again and again. Ever since I awakened to my goddesses' love, I realized it was a gift instead, bringing together what was meant to be, but would not have been on their own."

Sėle looks into the distance, still the same direction as always. "I still love you, Slissht. Just as I love Drufi. And I always will. The both of you gave me so much, more than I can ever repay, awakened me to my true self, and my true desires. Whenever I see you, my heart beats faster. Whenever I see you succeed, I am filled with hope for the future. Whenever you praise me, I could not be happier. But in the end, I am not meant to be with you. Neither of you will ever look at me like you look at each other. No bliss we share will ever be that Drufi gives you and vice versa. But that is alright." And it sounds like Sėle means it, like she is at peace with her place in the world.

"You regained your former strength, beauty, and glory, and exceeded all of them. You are living temples and champions to your goddesses, even if you do not pray to them, as they love you from the bottom of their hearts. It it was never that I needed to be let go. I just never wanted to admit it was time before. But I see clearer now, and it is time for me to go. I feel a yearning, a new love waiting to happen. But this time, I know it is meant for me." Sėle turns to Shiver, looking up to her, smiling from the bottom of her heart, the glow she has about her undeniable.

"I am sorry I will not be able to assist you with my spells anymore, but the enhancing spells I imbued you, Drufi, Echo, and Slider with, well, they are part of you now, part of your greatness. They will never go away, even in my absence. A gift of my love, if you are willing to indulge me in that regard. But I will not abandon your cause. Soon, the stone giants may join it, and you may eventually meet the new high priestess of your goddesses, coming to aid their living saint and the queen of giantkind." The priestess fully turns to Shiver.

"You will find healing in the touch of your wife and queen, as will she in yours. We will meet again not too long from now. And I bring parting gifts. My goddesses Sune and Sharess deepened their relationship with Iallanis, thanks to our journey, and they granted me insights into your possible futures, if you wish to know. And as for me, I would perform a final service to you and Drufi, of your choosing."

-------------------------------------

Drufi considers. "Clouds ultimately are not that much more powerful than fire giants. As much as I loathe to admit it, fires already have a much better grasp on organization than most frosts, but we got lucky when you one-shot the duke. But having sparred with many of them, I feel we would have carved through dozens of them, easy. What the clouds have is inherent magic, if limited, also involving a lot of verticality and the limitation of sight lines. They fight smart, for the most part, meaning if they can make the fight as unfair as possible for their opponents, they will. Still, even with all that, frankly, we are wrecking balls by now. It'll take quite a few clouds to stop us."

"But the thing with clouds is that even though a lot of them have this snobby aristocratic attitude, they are also the ones you can most likely have a conversation with outside of the storms, or the stones if you managed to get their spiritual vibes. Doesn't exactly make for a clear, easiest path to deal with them, though. They aren't as uniform in their general attitudes as most giants. With some, you could have talks and negotiations for an alliance, maybe even get them to see your vision. Some would seek to profit from you and thus would be open to deals. Some may try to use you while feigning friendship and cooperation. Some may be open to an honorable duel for superiority. Some may outright dismiss you for being a frost giant. Hard to tell, depends on the individual. Some good, some bad, some somewhere in-between. Could also always ignore them. But we could try to at least find out what they are even up to."

------------------------

Thinking back to what she heard about Countess Sansuri, Shiver notes that it is actually exceptional that she has heard of her distinctly, when frosts not often have contact with clouds, and their societies do not exactly overlap much. Sansuri is a countess among countesses, if what Shiver has heard is to be believed, possessing beauty and elegance beyond the usual, coupled with drive and ambition. She was never truly happy simply maintaining the status quo, she wished to make more out of her life and her legacy, for her own sake and that of other cloud giants. It can be intimidating to be in her presence, and she has little patience for fools and sycophants, but she also was not prone to the cruel tendencies of many other cloud giants, allowing her to deal with both major sides of cloud giant society and eventually rise to being recognized as the greatest among them.

Given the opportunity the broken Ordning provides, it would be very unlikely that Countess Sansuri wasn't trying to make use of it, though it is difficult to guess what exactly she is attempting to do based on what Shiver knows. If she had to guess, Sansuri is most likely to respect strength of character, as well as strong leaders (both in leadership and their ability to make their goals a reality).

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

@ Sile I dont pretend to understand why you have to leave and I can honestly say I will miss you, but you know your course better than me. When will we meet again and what is this last service you speak of?

@ Drufi Im pretty sure I know Sansuri and Im pretty sure she would either support out quest or at least convince her kin to stay out of our way. The key is how we get up there or get her attention to bring her cloud down here. I didnt bother to ask, but I hope her cloud fortress wasnt the one Sile and I borrowed a few months ago
    #GoreMutualarejerks

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

Sėle smiles. "You found your Drufi, I may soon find the one I am meant for and vice versa," she explains, and through their bond, Shiver can feel this is indeed a Very Big Deal for a priestess of goddesses of love and pleasure. "As for my offer, it is two-fold: I can give you a glimpse into your possible futures, if you desire that. And additionally, if there is something you or Drufi would like me to do for you before I depart, I would be happy to do so."

-------------

Drufi says "Getting up there is trivial with Echo and Slider. Just need to land at the entrance, tell the guards we want an audience or some such. Process, decorum, clouds breathe that sort of thing, but you better let them know someone important is at the door, snobby as they are. Pretty sure you and Sėle travelled in a tower, while Lyn Armaal is a full-blown castle."

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Shiver goes to find Drufi to tell her about Slle and how she is leaving. She has offered us one last service I thought it appropriate that she officially marry us in the eyes of not only the giant goddesses but the human ones as well. Does that sound like an idea to you?

Turning to Echo and Slider, she continues and after this service we are going flying to that cloud to negotiate with the Countess Sansuri
    #GoreMutualarejerks

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Drufi gives it a short think. "Sėle's goddesses have been good to us, and she seems much happier since she embraced them. That makes them worth respecting in my book, and they have been aiding our goddesses in this when they do not need to. So if they wish to bless our marriage, I'd be happy to receive it. Really though, the most important thing for me is that Sėle does it for us. I want her to know she matters to us and that she was an important part in what got us together."

The huntress sighs. "Deep down, she really hoped one of the two of us would be her true love. Since becoming a priestess, she's in a much better place, but she told me she went through over half a dozen previous masters, fell in love with them, and unknowingly guided them to their true love. Then we came along and kind of ruined everyone else for her, on top of really hurting from the last ones. Wherever she's going, I hope she finds a giantess meant for her, because I don't think she'll truly be happy with any of her own kind again. Whether we deserve it or not, she sees something in giants few others do."

The service is held the next day, in a surprisingly idyllic hidden little place in the countryside. Shiver and Drufi arrive separately, and both are surprised and stunned that each of them received magnificent white dresses with blue accents from Sėle, both designed to work as completing the other. Instead of stereotypical human wedding dresses, the design does not restrict Shiver and Drufi's motions, like their grace and strength are essential parts of their beauty, which is also not hidden in the slightest. And perhaps as a little blessing of the gods, any sort of dirt seems to simply run off the clothes, leaving them immaculate at all times.

Sėle stands at human size on an elevated part of the clearing, wearing different clothes as well, which both giantesses effortlessly recognize as ceremonial robes dedicated to both her goddesses, Sune and Sharess, leading to an elegance that at the same time is always on the fine line towards scandalousness. She is smiling radiantly as she gives her first service of this kind, speaking of their shared adventures that slowly brought them together, until they recognized they were meant for each other. Sėle witnessed the grace of the giantesses' three goddesses, and found to her own through both Shiver and Drufi. And now, she gets the incredible honor to marry Shiver and Drufi with the blessings of both Sune, goddess of love, and Sharess, goddess of pleasure.

"With the grace given to me by my Goddesses, I declare you bonded in marriage, now and forever more. May your days be plenty, and ever full." And with a smile, she adds "You may now kiss the bride." And Drufi does not need any further invitation, pulling her wife into a long, passionate kiss. Perhaps human ceremonies usually tend towards more quick, chaste ones, but both giantesses can feel neither human deity is particularly interested in restraint in this matter, same going for their goddesses, also watching.

After the service officially concludes, Sėle grows to giant size once more, embracing and kissing both giantesses. "The both of you were more than I ever could have hoped for. My days with you were the happiest I've ever had, regardless of the circumstances. I will miss you terribly, but... I feel I'll have happy days in my future still, as will you." There are tears in her eyes, though they are mostly happy ones. "We will see each other again. In your time of need, I will be there. And goddesses willing, I will bring company."

Soon after, Sėle takes her leave, waving to the giantesses once more with a smile, Drufi doing much the same, one arm around Shiver. Once Sėle is gone, flying towards the south and slightly to the east, the same direction she always looked towards, Drufi draws Shiver into another kiss. And a fractured vision reveals itself. Several possible paths ahead of them, a few clearer, yet more .
    • Two queens of frost giant kind, building a new order belonging to mortals, extending their hands to humankind and their fellow giants, their children the beginning of a new and better generation.
    • The ascension of their people in the giantesses' image beyond even the storm giants, a divine order rebuilt and forever sacred.
    • Living eternal saints with beauty beyond everything thought possible, bringing peace and understanding where none was thought possible.
    • Leaving behind all preconceived notions and shattering all thought insurmountable and impossible, forging a new future beyond prophecy, entirely in their hands.

The visions leave as quickly as they come. Drufi is silent for a moment, processing, but her wife gets the feeling she is looking towards the future with excitement.

Finally, they ride up into the sky, towards Lyn Armaal, the cloud castle of Countess Sansuri. It is a magnificent edifice of three conjoined towers, proud and majestic, with the central tower extending further up than the flanking ones. The giantesses land at the gatehouse, from which a long bridge leads to the castle proper, whereas behind the giantesses is nothing but the air between them and the ground far below.

Two cloud giant guards in noble armor head down the bridge to the gatehouse, standing a few feet taller than the frost giantesses, as is normal for cloud giants. They come to a halt at the end of the bridge, eyeing them critically. There is a lot for them to take in. The beginning of a haughty sneer because of the presence of lowly frost giants, but that is quickly wiped away given just how impressive the women in front of them are, flanked by two proud winter wolves.

"State your names and business at Lyn Armaal," one of them says, which is already a more decent beginning than most frost giants would have received, but this is only the slightest bit of foot in the door thus far.

Spoiler: OOC (Very Important!)
    Show
    Shiver levels up to level 15. In the first post of the OOC thread, you will now find a new racial prestige class, the Slisshtian Frost Giantess, which continues her frost giant progression. There currently is only one level, more will be revealed upon gaining more levels (depending on how much adventuring you want to do). Basically the further she goes, the greater her legacy will be.

You will find that the feature Greatest of the Frost Giants doesn't do that much for Shiver, as she already has most of that, but Drufi also benefits from this (gaining a good chunk of HP and saves), and this basically puts every of Shiver's descendants a cut above all other frost giants (other frost giantesses may also become able to take this class, depending on how the story goes and if Shiver wants to make this happen). The net benefit is that, including the bonuses given by the prestige class, Shiver now has a base save bonus of +11 in all her saves.

The feature Beyond Compare meanwhile might seem ludicrous, but, well, higher tiers of giant are basically better in all ways than lower ones, so this is to help bridge that gap, basically evolving frost giants. The lack-of-aging and increased lifespan bit won't be of much use to Shiver in this game, but I feel it is appropriate. Shiver and her descendants are favored by three goddesses, after all.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2023-01-21 at 01:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

My name is Slissht Storvald, blessed of Hiatea, Iallanis, and Diancastra, this is my soulmate and wife Drufi Storvald, also blessed of Hiatea, Iallanis, and Diancastra and we are here to seek an audience with Countess Sansuri on a matter of import to all giantkind. Shiver did leave out the part about being blessed by Sune and Selune as well, realizing that cloud giants probably dont much care about blessings from a human goddess.

Spoiler: Diplomacy
    Show
    (1d20+35)[39]
    #GoreMutualarejerks

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Drufi manages to look surprisingly dignified, lending credence to Shiver's words. Her journey with her wife and Sėle seems to have taught her a few new tricks, or a bit more patience in this kind of situation.

The two guards immediately stand more upright because of Shiver's words and presence, and a blush follows soon after. "O-of course! I-I mean, please wait here for a moment! I will inform the Countess," the female guard says before her male colleague can react, marching back to the cloud castle with urgent steps. The male, meanwhile, stands guard near the frost giantesses, relatively easy on the eyes, statuesque, and with cloud matter hair, like most of his kind. And he has to bring all his professionalism and willpower to bear to keep his composure around what may as well be giant demigoddesses in the flesh, beautiful beyond his wildest imagination, even eclipsing the mighty titans.

Soon, the female guard returns (after what must have felt like a small eternity for her colleague). "The Countess will see you. P-please follow me." She leads the way, the male guard walking behind them.

Poor lad's armor must feel mighty tight right now. Also surprise, I picked up a trick or two. That bond of ours is awfully handy, Shiver hears Shake's voice in her mind, and she gets the impression the huntress delights in tormenting the guards just a little bit. In general, Shiver can feel her wife has become much more lighthearted since the start of their journey, no longer burdened with unrequited love and the torturous life within Jarl Storvald's clan.

As they are lead through the grand halls of the cloud castle, the giantesses draw eyes wherever they go. Some hide it (or attempt to) behind posh indifference, some show it more openly, some look like they can't believe what they are seeing. Shiver (partially through Shake's keen senses) hears whispers wondering if they truly are frost giantesses, never having seen one this beautiful and graceful, some also noting they are even a bit taller than most of their kind. By the time they reach the throne room, a number of cloud giants have started following them, to try and get another look at them, and wondering what is bringing them there.

Reaching the throne room, the female guard intones "Your Grace Countess Sansuri, I present to you Slissht and Drufi, of the Clan Storvald, blessed of Hiatea, Iallanis, and Diancastra." And something in her voice tells Shiver that the guard has become a believer in that regard, as did her colleague. Shake can't help but cast a little appreciative glance to the young woman. The two guards are waved away, to stand watch outside so no one interrupts the audience.

Shiver and Drufi see guards along the walls, dressed in more opulent armor. Ahead of them, on a slightly raised platform, they see a stunning cloud giant woman, with flawless skin the color of a storm cloud, striking a perfect balance between athleticism and elegance in build, gold ornamentation following the shape of her arms. Her hair is akin to the stuff of clouds, flowing long and in perpetual motion, a golden diadem adorning her forehead, and her eyes akin to orbs of softened radiant blue sky, striking and piercing. She is wearing dark almost ceremonial-looking breastplate, ending in a flowing skirt seemingly moving in an unfelt wind. She is the only cloud giant thus far who seems nearly unaffected by the giantesses, and her presence easily fills the hall, carrying herself with effortless dignity and composure as she looks down at Shiver and Drufi.

Beside the countess stands another cloud giant woman, this one of lighter skin and darker hair, dressed in a courtier's dress accentuating ample curves. This woman seems much more affected by the frost giantesses, but also keeps shooting them angry looks, only to have the look softened by desire, oscillating back and forth between the two expressions.

"I welcome you to Lyn Armaal," Countess Sansuri says, her voice powerful. "It is rare to have visitors of your kin. Even rarer are those that claim to carry the blessings of the three sister goddesses. And your claims of why you sought an audience are grander still." There is a slight pause. "What brings such envoys of Clan Storvald to my domain?"

Shiver and Shake get the sense they are allowed to speak now. Through their senses, intuition, and bond, they feel they certainly got a foot in the door, the Countess not oblivious to the effect the frost giantesses are having on the people around them, and willing to hear them out, but she will not suffer frivolity or disrespect in her court.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2023-01-24 at 04:36 PM.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing the effect she is having, Shiver joins in the fun that her wife is having while waiting, letting her hips roll as she moves around just a little bit. Even as they walk through the castle, her gate has a saucy sashay to it, although as they approach the audience hall, she becomes regal and dignified.

Shiver bows low as she is introduced, which also has the effect of exposing plenty of cleavage. While she knows it will not affect Sansuri who can choose who she mates with, discombobulating the other members of the court would be to her advantage. Once she comes out of the bow, she speaks. You honor us with allowing our presence in your court Shiver knows that flowery words are disdained by the countess, but a certain amount of dignity and respect is required but while we bear the name of Storvald, we are not envoys of the Storvald clan, we have separated from them and are forming our own alliance.
    With the Ordning destroyed, we seek to chart a new course for giants and the littles of the world. Already we have toppled the leadership of the hill giants and that of the fire giants, including destroying the automaton of war they were building with the aid of the drow who were planning to infuse it with the spirit of the Dawn Titan. We plan to next defeat Jarl Storvald and his hold on the frost giant clans and whatever his plans are for the Ring of Winter and in due course, make alliance if possible with the stones. While we do not harbor any illusions of toppling the clouds, we would like to invite you join in our new world, one without constant battling and raiding, where all races can reach their full potential

Show
    (1d20+35)[53]
    #GoreMutualarejerks

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

Drufi perfectly mirrors Shiver's motions, as if they were of one mind. To say the giantesses are distracting to the court would be an understatement, the guards having trouble maintaining their stoicism, and the courtier by Countess Sansuri's side trying desperately to maintain her fury aimed at Shiver, though her body language is much clearer.

As for Countess Sansuri, she simply listens, evaluating. While her subjects may have difficulties resisting the couple's charms, a more concerted effort is necessary for her.

"A goal as noble as it is lofty," the Countess says, her voice returning some measure of order to the court, but the seed Shiver and Shake planted is certainly still there.

"Merely h-honeyed poisoned words from a succubus' consorts," the courtier interjects, trying to project strength, but her voice falters to an extent. The Countess raises a hand, calmly but with unmistakable intent. The woman falls quiet, except for a "I spoke out of turn, Your Grace."

Sansuri returns her attention back to Shiver and Shake. "My apologies for Sasha's indiscretion. Apologies offered because if I got the sense you were mere demon thralls, we would no longer be having this conversation. The same would have been true if my divinations revealed you as fiends or other agents of the Lower Planes." She leaves it up to Shiver's imagination what else she may be aware of. "Still, Sasha is a loyal and dear part of my court, and the mistreatment and disrespect she suffered mere weeks ago at the hands of a demoness is no small issue to me." A pause. "It was also brought to my attention that her personal tower was taken from her and later returned in a vile state, including damage and disgrace done to items of high sentimental value, caused by allies of said succubus. I would like what you have to say to this."

While this at first seems like direct condemnation and merely toying with Shiver, the frost giantess realizes Countess Sansuri wishes to hear her side of things, but more importantly wants to see how she deals with the situation. A judgment of her mettle and character, so to speak, at least by her and Drufi's estimation. They scored points with their entrance and behavior thus far, but the escapades in the cloud giant tower also wronged a high-ranking part of the court, one dear to the Countess. This is less a situation that will grant Shiver immediate success or punish her with absolute failure, more determining the opinions of the Countess and Sasha about the giantesses going forward. Shiver's social sense tells her a diplomatic balance is needed. If she simply rejects the claims, she will be directly contradicting Sasha in a highly personal matter, and likely lose a lot of favor with her. If all she does is demurely apologize and ask for forgiveness, it might make her seem weak, focused on trying to take the easy way out of a tough situation.

We need both Sansuri and Sasha to buy in for this to work. Don't expect them to be on your side immediately, but also don't think it's impossible just because it might take longer. If you want to put in the time, I am sure it will be worthwhile, Drufi shares.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2023-01-25 at 06:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Shiver takes a moment to consider her response. When she does speak, it is both to Sansuri and to Sasha. We were never allies to a succubus, when I first knew Morwen, she was no demoness, the succubus must have taken her place between then and my second meeting with her. I lost a great deal of power to her as well, so we were both deceived. I also was deceived by her in the matter of your tower and for the damage done to it, I truly apologize. We were in need of speedy transportation without being harassed by agents of the Zhentarim but we should have taken more care with something that was not ours to begin with. While coin cannot replace sentimental items, we are currently engaged in deconstructing the fire giants engine of war which is made with pure adamantite and since a portion of that money is being given for reconstruction to the littles, Im sure that a share can be given to you as well.

Show
    (1d20+35)[39]
    #GoreMutualarejerks

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

"If it is any consolation, Your Grace, Lady Sasha, Slissht saw through the demon's lies on their second meeting and killed her on the spot. She will not be a problem anymore," Drufi adds, taking a tone less in the vein of apology, and more letting them know, as well as adding a bit more from their point of view.

"You never knew the mortal duchess of Daggerford. The succubus Pencheska had been entrenched long before your first arrival. But such are the dangers presented by demons, and the small folk summoning them. Our kind must be ever vigilant. You banishing the demoness back to the Abyss was a service to us all," Sansuri says, before turning her head towards Sasha. "Do you accept the offered apology?"

Sasha crosses her arms under her bust (despite being an incidental motion, Shiver and Shake feel a little weak in the knees; how Sansuri can be so calm with Sasha constantly by her side remains a mystery, though then again, Sansuri is hardly a slouch herself), looking like she is arguing with herself internally. Finally, she seems to relent, turning slightly away from the frost giantesses. "I accept the apology as..." she takes a breath. "...as a first step. The adamantine will be put to use for the good of the people." Sasha doesn't sound bitter or defeated. Shiver doesn't get the impression that she sees her as an adversary, but instead there seems to be a lot going on under the surface. Things to perhaps find out later.

"Very well," Countess Sansuri says, making it so. She looks back to Shiver and Drufi. "Your desire to make amends is noted and appreciated, as if your gift. Now, you speak of a new world you wish to create, one uniting giantkind and cooperating with the small folk. I have heard news of your deeds among the latter. Without the Ordning, fealty is no longer guaranteed by lesser giants. The hill giants are notorious imbeciles driven by instincts. The giants above the frost giants in the broken Ordning were shaped to be stronger physically and mentally than their lessers, and the bygone divine order is still remembered, making many reticent in regards to following the example of a frost giantess. Lastly, your own kind's society, while built upon might makes right, will protest against no longer being allowed to take what they need or want with raids, your kind having eschewed building their own capabilities of production for centuries untold. How do you intend to bridge these divides and bring all of giantkind together and see the benefit of your new world, without any of them exploiting and perverting that vision for their own gain?" Sansuri asks, coming to the central matter.

Shiver notes that she is not expected to lay out a detailed plan, but she will likely not get away with a quick platitude either. Sansuri's last mention sounds like a rather pointed statement at the giant races below the cloud giants, but she also gets the impression Sansuri does not exclude the cloud giants either. Openly mentioning this in an open court, however, may be foolish, and better reserved for a more private setting. Drufi notes that Sansuri seems well aware that not all cloud giants are good. Basically give Sansuri enough to convince her Shiver and Shake aren't just optimistic dreamers without a plan.

"I would also like to hear what your role and station will be in this new world, specifically," Sansuri adds. Sasha also looks towards the giantesses again, wishing to hear the answer to her Countess' questions.

Your call. But if I had my way, I'd want you to be queen of all giants. Not some title on a throne or a spokesperson. Someone they can look to and go "she's the best of us, the favored of the Goddesses, she's our guiding light and gets things done". Drufi is, of course, quite partial in this matter. Should this align with Shiver's desires, she can tell it has merit, it is a bold play swinging for the fences, and thus also carries risk.

Show
    While the d20 once again decided to roll low, Shiver managed to score a fair amount of points with Sasha and Sansuri. She got slightly dinged for thinking she knew the mortal Morwen, but given she also admitted falling victim to Pencheska, Sansuri is fair enough to excuse her for being fooled. You are doing good!

This will probably be the last Diplomacy roll for the purposes of convincing Sansuri in court. Based on the outcome, I'll present you with a few options, including whether you wish to engage with the cloud giants more to perhaps learn more about Sansuri and/or Sasha, or forge a deeper alliance, or wish to move on to dealing with Storvald.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2023-01-29 at 04:18 PM.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

Once again, Shiver takes her time in shaping her response. To be honest, I dont really know what the new world will look like. Just as when you plant a seed, you know a tree will grow, but you dont know exactly what it will look like. You have an idea, but nothing is ever going to be the same. When I first regained conscious after my memories and powers were erased, I had no idea of this being my final goal. Even when Drufi brought word to me that the Ording had been destroyed, my first thought was how to take advantage of this for frost giants and frost giants alone. But my time among the littles has taught me much. Taught me that more can be made by working together than by simply raiding what someone else has. No one progresses under those conditions, I get 1000 gold pieces richer, you get 1000 gold pieces poorer. In fact, when you consider the destruction, I only get 800 or 900, so there is a loss. I will show them there is a better way. I have already broken the hierarchy of the fire giants and hill giants, and I am in the process of showing the fires by reward and punishment how much better my way is. The hills will probably never really learn, they dont have the brains to do so, but they can be marginalized to the point where they are not important. By taking down Storvald, I can do the same with the frosts. The stones are so set apart from the world and reality in some cases that they should not be a problem. Which leaves only the clouds and the storms. The storms try to hold themselves above such worldly matters, but I dont see them trying to stop the progression of something most would describe as "good". Which brings us to the clouds. Your words and opinions would carry much weight with the cloud clans. Which is why I come to you to tell you of my goals and to seek your support and approval.
    As for what my position would be, I had not given much thought to that. I know that Drufi sees me as a queen, in her own words Not some title on a throne or a spokesperson. Someone they can look to and go "she's the best of us, the favored of the Goddesses, she's our guiding light and gets things done If it comes to that, I could work with it, but its not something that has to come to pass. But again, since this is all really a new idea, I havent given that a whole lot of thought. More willing to see what grows in the process.

Show
    (1d20+35)[46]
    #GoreMutualarejerks

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Sansuri and her court listen closely, and bit by bit, Shiver can tell she wins the cloud giants over. Sasha seems quite enamored with the idea presented, finally, even Countess Sansuri shows being visibly affected. Still dignified, but after much evaluation of Shiver as a person, how she carries herself, how she behaves, what her ideals are and how she wishes to make them a reality, the leader of the good cloud giants is swayed by Shiver. In the end, her honesty proved vital. She cannot predict the future, neither can she control its flow. But she can adapt to it, guide it, make the most out of it. She did not portray false modesty, instead showing she is ready to become queen should the future have this in store for her, but wasn't so arrogant as to claim it as her right. Drufi, meanwhile, remains utterly true to what she told Shiver, driving home that yes, she knows that if Shiver ascends to such a lofty position, she is suited for it, no doubts about it.

"You have given me much to consider, Slissht. We live in tumultuous times, beyond an order we once knew with the certainty of natural laws. It is true you cannot predict where the future will take us all. And neither can I," Sansuri concedes. "I am glad your kind brought forth the two of you. If you are what the next generation of frost giants will be modeled after, I look forward to seeing what future you will bring about. As long as you hold true to what you told me, I will not stand in your way, and like you adapt to what the future will bring, for our mutual benefit. I do not speak for all cloud giants, but presenting these matters to the rest of my kind falls to me." And given Sansuri's presence, her diplomatic sway may well be quite imposing.

"As of now, you, Slissht and Drufi, will be known as a friend in my court, and welcome to these halls. Though I do have one suggestion. Drop Storvald's name. The brute's moniker does not suit you, and neither does it represent what you stand for. Your names stand on their own, and are testament enough of who you are." With that, the court gives a cheer for the frost giantesses, to welcome them as friends. Sansuri smiles the frost giantesses, while Sasha applauds, still rather taken with the both of them.

"If you would like, I invite you to stay the night as my personal guests. I do would like to get to know the both of you better, learn about what new direction the frost giants may be headed into. Unless you need to attend to more pressing matters, of course."

I didn't know what to expect... but I feel like this went better than I could have expected. Never thought we'd actually shake hands with cloud giants, on a mutual basis. Well, figuratively shake hands. You really did it.

Shiver's intuition also kicks in. She remembers the vision she had earlier this day, about the possible paths to glory, specifically the part most aligned with Iallanis, goddess of love:
    Quote Originally Posted by The visions View Post
    • Two queens of frost giant kind, building a new order belonging to mortals, extending their hands to humankind and their fellow giants, their children the beginning of a new and better generation.
    • The ascension of their people in the giantesses' image beyond even the storm giants, a divine order rebuilt and forever sacred.
    • Living eternal saints with beauty beyond everything thought possible, bringing peace and understanding where none was thought possible.
    • Leaving behind all preconceived notions and shattering all thought insurmountable and impossible, forging a new future beyond prophecy, entirely in their hands.
    Looking at Sansuri and Sasha, Shiver gets the feeling that if this path is the one that most speaks to her, she may find the key to it with them. After all, Sansuri and Sasha are striking even by their kind's standards, and seem to recognize the goddesses and their values.

Show
    Well, you succeeded! This went well enough to form basically an informal alliance between Shiver's frost giants and the good cloud giants. It is not set in stone like "if you are attacked, we are obligated to come to your aid", but this is still a lot to accomplish. Sansuri is giving Shiver and Drufi the benefit of the doubt, you managed to bridge the gap between frost giant and cloud giant, and both Sansuri and Sasha seem quite fond of the both of them personally. All in all, a good foundation.

You can leave now with no adverse effects. You basically got Sansuri on your side, and thus one of the most important cloud giants, so leaving them and finishing the game will lead to a positive relationship between frost giants and cloud giants, whether or not it ends up being a close cooperation, and Shiver will likely improve things further with Sansuri after the game, but what happens during the game is just more impactful.

You can stay to try and really get Sansuri to fully believe in Shiver and her cause, make that alliance much more concrete, get direct back-up for the fight against Storvald, learn more about her and what happened with Sasha etc.

The visions, as stated, are possible "endgames" you can try for if that feels good to you (or just go for something entirely different, or just ignore them), so if the idea of living embodiments of beauty bringing peace and understanding feels appealing, let me know, and you can pursue that in Lyn Armaal as well. None of these are better or worse than the others, just different, and come down to how you want things to turn out and what sort of legacy Shiver wants to create.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2023-01-30 at 07:55 PM.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Drufi had not been with Shiver when she had appropriated Sascha's tower and Shiver tells her she is in for a treat with the beds and sheets of a cloud giant castle, not to mention a bath that is sized for a giant. Sile's creation is all well and good but its human sized and while they can shrink to human size to use it, its so much better to be themselves for both. She tells her she does have one errand to run first, using Echo to travel back down to where the fire giants are taking the war machine apart, and taking one ingot of adamantite from each pile, if anyone says anything, her response is Its either that or they bombard your castle from on high where you cant touch them and then they take everything. Returning to the cloud city, she makes arrangements for a bedroom and a hot bath for her and her wife, leaving a note that Sascha can come to get her reparations the next morning as she has procured the two ingots of admantite. With that done, she luxuriates in the bath and the bed with Drufi until both are satiated and satisfied, before snuggling down to a proper sleep.
    The next morning, they enjoy a leisurely breakfast while waiting for Sascha to show up. There really isnt such a thing as an admantite coin, but she is pretty sure two ingots of the metal will more than repay whatever damage she did, Sile was forever cleaning up after her. She tells Drufi about the time she bodily picked up a dwarf raider and chucked him out one of the windows.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

Once Shiver is done retrieving the appropriate amount of adamantite she guesstimated with Drufi (the fire giants hardly complain, though the unusually pretty fire dancer girl asks when Drufi might come back), she has a hard time resisting her wife, time flying as she has her mind taken off all this world-changing business and focused much more on each other. Shiver doesn't know when Drufi managed to eclipse Sėle this thoroughly, but evidently her intense study of giantkind led to a great many discoveries, some of which Shiver is utterly unable to resist.

Waking up, Drufi says "I could get used to this. Beats the half-frozen furs back home any day." Shiver is successfully kept from getting up a little while longer. "One day I'll take you out to where you can see the auroras. We won't need a tent that night. You'll love it." Ever the outdoorswoman at heart, even if she has warmed up to enclosed space luxuries. Even if they end up as queens of their kind, Shiver can be sure her wife will fight tooth and nail to make moments where they are free, away from all burdens and worries.

Over breakfast, she laughs at the story Shiver tells her ("Can't blame you, dwarves were created in perfectly puntable shapes."), then considers a few things before asking: "So, got two things on my mind. One, what's our goal with Sansuri and Sasha? They're quite something, but do you want them to be to us? Political allies? Vassals? Falling heads over heels for us? Worship you as the Goddesses' saint?" The ideas get increasingly cheeky, though Drufi doesn't seem like she is joking all that much.

"And two, well, you saw how Sasha looks at us. And like at least half the cloud giants here, even the nobility. And the one fire giant girl that won the genetic lottery against all odds. I worship Iallanis, I know how much good even one great night can do for relations, and these people are especially receptive to Her beliefs. But if you want me to never share a bed with anyone but you, just say the word. There's no way I'd ever trade you for anyone else."

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

I dont think Sansuri's pride would allow her to be a vassal to us nor do I think the rest of the cloud giant clans would accept it The cost in her damaged reputation might end any hope of cooperation with them. Nor do I think she would fall head over heels in love with us she has too much will power for that. And I wouldnt want to do that to her, you are the only woman for me and putting someone into an unrequited situation isnt fair to her. Political allies is a really good idea though.
    Now having a one night, no strings attached roll in the hay with Sascha is another story entirely.
    #GoreMutualarejerks