Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Thrice-Blessed IC

Slissht bellows FLEE WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO LIVE
    Spoiler: Intimidate
    Show
    (1d20+24)[39]

Slissht and Echo pick out a new opponent, and launch a set of attacks on him, combining their powers to great effect.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+29)[48] attack & (3d6+23)[32] damage
    (1d20+29)[37] attack & (3d6+23)[32] damage
    (1d20+24)[38] attack & (3d6+23)[36] damage

Spoiler: Echo rolls
    Show
    (1d20+18)[31] attack & (2d6+10)[16] + (1d6)[1] cold damage
    (1d20+18)[22] attack & (2d6+10)[16] + (1d6)[1] cold damage
    #GoreMutualarejerks

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Crit confirm
    Show
    (1d20+29)[37] attack & (3d6+23)[34]
    #GoreMutualarejerks

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Shiver carves into the closest fire giantess with even greater fury, to the point where Echo needs to barely assist for Shiver to fell her chosen foe. Drufi has better luck with her strikes, able to keep up with Shiver in terms of harm done. Slider grows annoyed at the swarm of magmin and uses her frost breath on Drufi's chosen enemy and the swarm. Shiver sees six magmin just... pop into embers.

Most of the orogs are still locked in ecstasy, while the fifth sees what transpires and hears Shiver's words... and books it. Orogs are hardier than orcs, but they are also less stupid. There is no point fighting a foe who nearly effortlessly stomps a fire giant, let alone four of them.

The two remaining fire giants lash out viciously at Shiver and Drufi, each once again scoring a single hit, Shiver taking 23 damage. Sėle immediately sends a spell to Drufi, undoing most of the harm the most recent attack did, before flying closer to the giant who attacked Shiver. "Kindly cease your struggle." And with that, Sėle tries her summoned ice axe. Shiver watches the battleaxe-shaped weapon move with unnatural lightness, as if bereft of weight, simply passing through armor and hide, leaving the fire giant a large, easy target. Bitter cold spreads across the fire giant, dealing grievous harm as the axe exploits their weaknesses.

Mere seconds ago, Triboar was facing an absolutely existence-ending threat of a fire giant war party. Now, most of it lies shattered or caught in the grip of Sharessian magic. The still living fire giants can hardly believe this turn of events.
    "By Surtur, how did this happen?!"
    "They are just two stunted frost giants and their mutts!"

For how relatively disciplined fire giants usually are in military situations, their voices betray no shortage of disbelief and reeling from what transpired.

"Two damn finest frost giantesses you're ever gonna see and not even at our full strength. Plenty of time to live that down in whatever hell you're going to," Drufi says, spitting out a bit of blood, gripping her bloodied axe in defiance.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Shiver's turn, 123/200 HP. Drufi is moderately wounded. Sėle, Echo, and Slider unharmed. Two fire giants remain. Fire giant 5 is heavily wounded, fire giant 6 is unharmed. Four orogs are caught in Sėle's spell, the fifth fled. Six magmin were breathed on by Slider and popped from overwhelming freshness, six magmin remain, but are also still basically worthless and unable to do harm.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2022-05-13 at 05:22 PM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Slissht directs Echo to use her breath weapon on the remaining magmin You dont want Slider to outscore you now, do you? while she directs a full attack against the last remaining full healthy giant. To make up for the fact that Echo is not kicking the last little bit of damage, Shiver activates her rage to turn her attacks to fully devastating

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+31)[47] attack & (3d6+25)[34] damage
    (1d20+31)[42] attack & (3d6+25)[30] damage
    (1d20+26)[40] attack & (3d6+25)[34] damage
    #GoreMutualarejerks

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Echo promptly breathes on the remaining magmin, making them pop from the cold one by one, followed by raising her snout in the sky victoriously (maybe that will score extra style points to serve as a tie-breaker).

Shiver's rage adds extra ferocity to her attacks, but it is not a good replacement for her wolf's bites, unable to fell the previously uninjured fire giant. Drufi renews her attacks, assisted by Slider, and in a team effort, the giantesses defeat the fire giant war party in a rather decisive manner, like a wave having crashed against unyielding rocks.

Drufi rights herself, seeing the four remaining orogs still caught in... whatever Sėle submerged their minds in, also seeing the fleeing orog in the distance, then the distant battle against the worg riders. The battle that, well... the orcs notice their fire giant masters have been slaughtered in under half a minute. They had some losses, but seeing that, the ferocity leaves them and they hightail it out of the town, quite literally running to the hills, running for their lives.

"That was... easier than I thought it would be," Drufi says, which is about as close she is physically able to saying she expected a hard fight against fire giants, looking down at her hand as if she could examine the magic flowing through her. She takes a deep breath, winded from the hits she took. Glancing over to Shiver, Drufi just throws her hands in the air for a short moment. "You're a freak of nature for how much you get hit and still are fine, you know that?" Slider receives well-earned pets, the snow-white pelt stained with steaming fire giant blood.

"Congratulations. I will get to healing shortly. What would you like to do with the orogs?" Sėle asks.

In the distance, the town militia and their leader are busy organizing, checking on people, staying on guard for the orcs trying to turn around and harass them from a different angle, looking for survivors in rubble or in the way of the attackers' path, trying to put out fires etc. No doubt Lord Protector Darathra Shendrel will make her way over to the surprise heroes of the hour soon, once the most immediate chaos has been brought under control. Around them, people who hid in buildings or behind wagons and crates peer out of their hiding spots, a bit confused to see frost giantesses having come to their aid (question mark?), though there is the occasional cheer fueled by a lot of hope and optimism that the giantesses are actually on their side.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2022-05-17 at 05:30 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Slissht sheathes her sword, and begins to walk into the main section of the town.
    People of Triboar, do not fear. We are not here to steal the kills of the fire giants, we are here to rescue you. And to usher in a new era of co-operation and co-living between humans and frost giants. I am Slissht, these are my companions Drufi, Sile, Echo and Slider and we intend to bring about an end to Jarl Storvald's reign. Bring forth the Lord Protector that we may talk.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

guess I should have rolled a diplomacy on that
    (1d20+8)[23]
    #GoreMutualarejerks

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

As the spell ends, the orogs regain their senses, and flee with their soiled pants.

In the center of Triboar, the giantesses stand in front of the two-storey tower overlooking the open space around it where market stalls and wagons have been put before the attack began. Sėle takes care of their wounds with her magic. The militia returns there, townspeople also emerging from their hiding places and houses. The Lord Protector is easy to spot on her warhorse, a tough, fierce woman clearly no stranger to combat, armored in breastplate, with a greatsword and heavy crossbow as her choice of weapons. Echo and Slider flank Slissht and Drufi, looking habitually regal and mysterious. Their respective princess and goofball antics are for relative privacy, they are not about to give some small folk any weird ideas.

"I am Darathra Shendrel, Lord Protector of Triboar. You came to our defense, as you said. I see I trusted the right women. You defended the lives of the people when they needed you most, and for that, you have my gratitude, and that of our town." Darathra's voice is strong, and she doesn't sound like she dispenses this sort of praise easily. Through Sėle, Slissht gets the impression of a hard, but fair woman wishing to see her people prosper. Sitting on her horse, she does a curt bow, and the people around them cheer. "What has brought you to Triboar, and who is this Jarl Storvald you spoke of?"

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Jarl Storvald is the false leader of my clan, drunk on his own power and seeking to become king of all frost giants. Seeing myself as a threat to his power, he sent me away on a trap mission and commissioned some magician to cast a spell on me to rob me of my power. I am jouneying along the coast, seeking this charlatan to regain everything I had and build support for the changes I will bring about. And putting an end to incessant evil actions of other giant clans like the fires and the hills.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

"Working towards cooperation between giants and us is a noble goal, however you may find the endeavor an uphill battle, given current events and past centuries. We have had reports of hill giants raiding small settlements, but thus far, Triboar was not attacked. Honestly, I expected hill giants to eventually be stupid enough to try and attack us, but I did not foresee fire giants in these parts," Darathra says.

Drufi crosses her arms. "It is strange. When I learned to hunt giants, I studied all kinds, and the fire giants usually keep to the Spine of the World up north, and if I had to guess more east than west to be closer to the desert of Anauroch, and further away from us." There is some subtle flexing of biceps to drive home the last bit. "This is pretty far south for them. You're more likely to find hill giants here than anyone else, maybe stones, and if you're unlucky have a flying fortress swing by. Fires can get slaves easier closer to home." In response, Darathra nods, processing these insights. Before anyone can speak again, Sėle gets their attention.

"My mistresses, Lord Protector, I apologize for the interruption, but if I could have a moment of your time to take a look at something? I believe it is important to what transpired just now," Sėle says. Drufi nods that she is fine with this, and Darathra seems to be as well, given this concerns the defense of the town she is sworn to protect. "Alright people, return to your dealings. Anyone wounded should head or be brought to the western campground, you will be provided with medical attention there by the militia. Anyone able-bodied and willing to help, report to the militia to aid in searching for anyone missing and clean-up." People mostly scatter at this point, though the giantesses still draw plenty attention, since friendly contact with giants is more or less unheard of in this town, and their beauty and presence are stunning to behold for the people of Triboar.

If Slissht agrees to check what Sėle found, they go back to the site where they fought the fire giants, near the half-collapsed building that contains a harness shop. Sėle retrieves an adamantine rod, four feet in length and easily weighing a hundred pounds, with a molded handgrip on one end and two prongs on the other. "The fire giants carried this magic rod with them. It contains a contains a spell to locate objects in it, but seemingly restricted to a specific set of them, and usable even by those unable to wield magic. It will take time to decipher what this set is, however there is an inscription in the Giant alphabet also used by the Dwarves, reading 'Vonindod', which translates to 'titan of death'." Slissht is unfamiliar with what this supposed titan is. Drufi also shrugs. "Doesn't ring a bell."

"I have activated the rod as a test, and the spell points to the center of the northern caravan campgrounds, presumably buried there." Slissht remembers the fire giants were basically beelining exactly to the place Sėle indicates with a pointed finger.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2022-05-22 at 12:01 PM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

A titan? Well hope hes not out of our league, but you want to make a whole new world, you have to take on the best. Would be nice to warm up with a bunch of dumb hills first though. Lead on then Sle, lets see about this so called Death Titan.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Drufi grabs one of the fire giants' wide swords as they walk over to the campground. Sėle indicates the location, and Drufi simply uses the wide flat-tipped black sword like a shovel, moving a lot of earth each time as people watch from a distance. After a minute or two, there is a metal-on-metal clang, and without further ado, Drufi grabs the metal piece and pulls it from the ground. It ends up being a bent and broken band of 2-inch-thick adamantine roughly 11 feet long and shaped like a C, weighing around 1000 pounds. Shaking off the dirt, Drufi places it on the ground. "This it?"

Sėle examines the piece, carrying the massive rod with her. "It appears to be. There is a faint magical aura, though I cannot tell of which school. But an educated guess says... this is a small part of a massive construct. The fire giants had no documents with them, though some of their armor insignia indicated them serving a Duke Zalto."

"Hmph. 'Course the fires're trying to get ahead with war machines. Typical."

"I see," Darathra says. "Naturally, the belongings of the fire giants are yours, and this adamantine piece is yours to keep, as it should be decent compensation for your deeds today. All I ask is for you to either have it melted down or brought out of Triboar, so those giants do not trouble us anymore." She looks to Slissht. "I have problems to deal with right now. Are you and your companions available this evening to discuss this giant business of yours in private? We don't have giant-sized lodgings, so we'd need to meet a bit out of town."

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

We would be glad to speak with you, it should give us time enough to gather up and ID what the giants were carrying. As well, we would like to purchase a wagon and a draft horse or two, this sort of thing would be very cumbersome to actually tote around, and if its part of a larger whole, we are going to need it. We will pay a fair price of course. With that, Slissht leads the way back to the giants to pick over their bounty, out of which they will need about 450 gold for two draft horses and a cart, if available.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Darathra gives a curt nod. Drufi snorts. "I say we melt the fire's toy replacement part down and make a nice big spiky rod they can shove up their-"

Sėle interjects "I would happily act as an intermediary to hash out the details of our later conversation, Lord Protector, as well as provide healing for the wounded once my mistresses do not have immediate need of me." A chuckle actually escapes Darathra, simply acknowledging with another nod, wordlessly excusing herself as she goes back to coordinating the search and clean-up efforts in Triboar.

Leading the party back to the dead fire giants, they take stock of their belongings. As they do, Sėle asks "What do you intend to do with the Vonindod fragment? Should you want to take it with you, I would recommend a large bag of holding over a horse-drawn cart, as the latter would slow us down severely."

Of noteworthy possessions, the fire giants each wielded a magic greatsword, which Sėle identifies as Huge size +1 flaming greatswords. Additionally, each of them wore masterwork full plate. Selling these items might see a bit of a reduction in what you would normally expect to get for them due to all of them being Huge size, and the market kept by the most Small and Medium sized races has few people looking for items of these sizes, and may require magic resizing after the sale. Naturally shrewd negotiation may or may not improve matters. More easily sellable is a ruby necklace one of the fire giants had with him, the size of the ruby putting it in the 1000 gold range.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Slissht hefts one of the greatswords for a moment. Its a pity that its overall enhancement does not match mine, because I would cut a fine figure wielding a flaming sword, and would strike fear into our frost giant kin. Im going to keep one, just in case. It might prove useful at one point.
    As for getting a bag of holding, it would be a better idea, but I doubt it likely that such an item would be available in a burg of this size.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

In the background, Drufi can be heard "Our frost giant kin would ask you why in the nine hells you're swinging a fire giant surfboard pretending to be a sword around." as she collects the valuables. Looking at the fire giant bodies, she mutters to herself "Can't even burn those bastards, it's gonna be a long evening of digging."

Sėle blinks, before repeating her question. "But... what do you intend to do with the fragment?"

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Its part of a whole, and if the fire giants want it, then maybe we should see where it leads. However if you think it will be a problem, maybe I should just see the local blacksmith and have him melt it down and recast it as a masterwork greatsword, giant sized of course. An adamantite greatsword would be a fine thing to have around, perhaps getting enchanted as my primary weapon. With that said, she steps up and starts helping Drufi dig to bury the fire giant bodies.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

"Mostly I am still trying to understand what you intend to achieve by taking the fragment with you. At the moment, we simply do not have the raw logistics to transport more fragments if you intend to find more, and the effort will severely slow down your quest. The one we found indicates it was a tiny part of a massive construct. If you wish to use the fragment as a lure for this Duke Zalto's fire giants, that can absolutely be done, but if you intend to use a horse-drawn wagon, the last leg of our journey to Daggerford will take weeks, not a few days, to say nothing about what may happen afterwards, so I would look into what the local tradehouses and merchants have to offer. Triboar is a crossroads at two trade routes, it is not unreasonable to find relatively minor magic items like a bag of holding, though even the largest ones will only be able to carry one of these fragments. If you somehow wish to use the fragment to find Duke Zalto, I do not think this is wise, as we already have a name and a most likely area where he could reside as basis for investigations, and said area lies in the exactly opposite direction we are going. So... which of these possibilities is it you intend to achieve, mistress?" Sėle is explicitly not implying "your idea is stupid", but rather genuinely trying to understand what Slissht's end goal is here in order to help her achieve that.

As they dig the mass grave a fair bit outside of town (and where there isn't a farm's field), they are approached twice. Once by an immaculately dressed male human introducing himself as Urlam Stockspool, representing the Triboar Travelers, providing wagons and personnel to make caravan runs to other cities. "I could not help but hear about your find. I imagine a heroine such as yourself is very busy and always onward to her next heroic deed, so I would like to offer taking this admantine piece you found off your hands. Not for free, of course, as you naturally deserve your just and generous reward, so I would like to offer 5000 gold in exchange." Slissht notes Urlam wears a red eyepatch emblazoned with the symbol of the Zhentarim, and when prompted about it, he seems quite proud in regards to his association to them, as providers of excellent protection and assistance all across the North and beyond. Mentally, Sėle informs Slissht that 5000 is not even half the market value for this amount of adamantine. Along with not being very keen on dealing with the Zhentarim.

A little later (Urlam is long gone by then), a young human man, introducing himself as Narth Tezrin, co-owner of the Lion's Share, a local store, approaches the giantesses and Sėle, looking a little bashful, but otherwise doing well in regards to keeping his composure in face of the three most beautiful women he has ever seen. Slissht remembers that he was part of the people who fought off the invaders. "Thank you, truly, for protecting all of us today. I do not know what would have become of this town and its people if you had not been there, even with our good Lord Protector's efforts, so I believe I owe you my life." There is a brief pause before he continues. "Opportunistic as it might seem, I would also like to make you an offer for the adamantine you found. If my estimations are still on-point, I would like to offer you 7500 gold, about half market price, give or take depending on market fluctuations. I am open to negotiations, of course." Sėle lets Slissht know Narth's claim roughly checks out, and given transportation costs and such, his profit margin will likely be smaller than Slissht's in this deal (if not by much if the 7500 is agreed upon).

Another pause, Narth adding to Slissht "Whether or not you would like to sell the adamantine, I would be honored if you would join me for dinner. My treat, of course." The young man makes no attempts to hide that he respects and fancies Slissht a whole lot, marveling at her beauty, but he also knows his invitation his a long shot. Sėle mentally comments Oh, your first open and not drunken suitor! I was wondering whether a giantess such as yourself was too intimidating in beauty and might to be approached by those who fell in love at first sight. No man or woman did so in Port Llast and Bryn Shander, not even Beldora with all that tension inside of her, but here we are! As a priestess of Sune and Sharess, Sėle seems quite interested in how this will go. Also casually revealing an unnamed number of people possibly still pining for Slissht.

Show
    Urlam and Narth are just side elements, not connected to the larger plot. This also isn't a veiled "sell the damn adamantine" but rather an option.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2022-05-29 at 03:06 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Slissht coldly declines the "offer" from the Zhentarim. When Narth approaches however, she has a different reaction. Unfortunately
    I cant sell to anyone from the town, the Lord Protector made me promise that I would destroy the piece or take it out of town. On the advice of my companions, I have decided to opt for the destruction route and will be looking for a blacksmith to melt it down and perhaps have it made into a greatsword. Adamantite is very receptive to magical enhancement from what I understand and even if it isnt, then at least it is destroyed, makeing it useless to the fire giants.
    About your second offer, we have to finish burying these giants and then Darathra wants a word with us but after that, I would love to join you for dinner
    with a another big smile Where should I meet you
    #GoreMutualarejerks

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

The Zhentarim looks like he wants to protest being brushed away like Slissht does, but given who he is talking with, and Drufi giving him a very piercing stare, he instead decides to wish them a pleasant day and quickly leave.

Narth nods in regards to the adamantine. "Perfectly understandable. We have two notable and renowned smithies in Triboar, Uldinath's Arms as well as Foehammer's Forge, who should be able to forge your new sword, though the dwarven proprietor of the latter, well... he hates giants, partially because of their attacks on dwarfholds throughout the North. I would be happy to pay for having your sword forged, even if it may not be much since you provide the material. I wish I could put a good word in with Ms. Uldinath, but I am part of the Lionshield Coster, a merchant company based in Yartar. And since Triboar and Yartar are deadset on a bitter rivalry, most locals are not very fond of me, though the Lord Protector makes sure it does not go beyond mere dislike."

When Narth makes his second offer, Drufi makes a "Heh." sound that may as well read as "yeah, good luck, buddy", but when Slissht agrees, Drufi actually stops digging for a moment, having a baffled "wait what?" look on her face. Slider, busy digging enthusiastically, looks up quizzically, trying to figure out what is going on. Echo is sitting beside Slissht, looking impressive, and also like she is scrutinizing Narth closely, akin to a reminder that he better be on his best behavior (plus she enjoys to make him squirm a little).

Slissht agreeing to have dinner with him brings a big, handsome smile to Narth's face. "Wonderful!" In regards to where to meet him, he points across town to the forest Triboar is nestled against. "I found a lovely clearing that would be perfect. Many of the forest's trees are in a perpetual autumnal state all year long, and it is simply a stunning sight. Simply follow the side road into the forest, I will meet you there and take you the rest of the way. I will be seeing you in the evening, then? I am very much looking forward to this." And after confirmation, Narth leaves in a great mood, hardly able to believe his luck. Drufi has doubled down on digging.

Sėle says "I will go make arrangements in regards to your sword and to provide healing to those in need, I will be back once the Lord Protector arrives," and takes her leave shortly after.

With the strength of two giantesses and an enthusiastic winter wolf (Echo sees herself more as moral support in this, clearly), the fire giants are burried soon enough, Sėle returning with impeccable timing in the early evening (letting Slissht know her sword will most likely be finished by tomorrow evening, which is rather fast given the project), Darathra following soon after, this time on foot (even if it means having to crane her neck more this time around).

"Thank you for your aid, once again," Darathra says, also nodding towards the grave mound as well as Sėle. "Beldora has been practically swooning with every word about you and your deeds like a lovesick teenager, and I see you really do live up to what she said." Darathra presents a hidden Harper insignia to the giantesses, before hiding it again. They are a fair bit away from the town, but better safe than sorry. "As the Lord Protector, there is only so much I can reasonably be heard to know in public, but as a Harper and given your quest, I would like to share what I know of the giant activity around these parts, and what I have heard beyond. Mind you, we are still relatively unclear about the leadership and plans of each kind of giant, but we are working on piecing together that particular puzzle. A puzzle you have provided a good couple of pieces to in regards to this Jarl Storvald and Duke Zalto. Do you want to know about any particular activity, or do you want the complete low-down?"
    Last edited by Ridai; 2022-05-30 at 11:09 AM.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Before you tell us what you know, I should tell you what we know...it may fill in some pieces of the picture. Giants always lived by something called the Ording, which set down the hierarchy. Storms at the top, clouds next, followed by fires, frosts, stones and hills. Now the ordning is gone. Clouds might jockey to supplant storms, but thats not likely to happen, fires might think they can move past clouds, but they are going t be in for a surprise because I and my budding clan intend to supplant them and maybe even challenge clouds. Stones always sort of considered themselves uninvolved in earthly matters and hills continue to just be oversized ogres and dumb as ever.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

"Guess that's why all giants are behaving like their ass is on fire. Sounds like everyone's looking for an edge to get the upper hand, since giantkind is roughly ordered in terms of strength, with a fuzzy area around frost and fire. A straight fight against a higher subspecies would go south or at least be too costly. Problem is that the two plans we now know of both have terrible implications for everyone else as well. Beldora reported the frost giants that attacked Bryn Shander looking for Artus Cimber and the Ring of Winter. The artifact might be powerful enough to lock the North or even beyond in extreme winter, killing basically everything not outright immune to cold and unable to shut it out. I had our sages look into this Vonindod, and they found mention of a colossal construct, once used to raid the lairs of wyrms with frightening success, making it a nearly indestructible artifact war engine in its completed form, but it seems to have been dismantled at some point, its parts scattered. Either is bad news for everyone else," Darathra says. Drufi crosses her arms, frowning, as she hears about what the fire giants are trying to reconstruct.

"Right. Here is what I've heard about the giant activity so far. Around Triboar and the general area, we mostly dealt with hill giants. They hardly bothered us, never becoming organized enough to really become a threat, and they had easier ways to get food. For roughly a month or two, we noticed an uptick in giant sightings. Hill giants attacking more settlements, even seeing a few stone giants. Reports of cloud giant flying towers and fortresses being sighted, at times stopping to bombard a place and take something with them, though some of them don't seem onboard with the aggression of the rest. Cloud giants are the only kind we had any sort of reports for involving friendly contact. They seem to be looking for something, no idea what. No frost giants near here, they seem to stick to the coast, the Dale, and the Spine, but are hitting many harbors harder and harder."

"This was the first fire giant sighting in these parts, but especially in the northeast of the Savage Frontier, reports about them have spiked a lot. Dwarfholds and elven enclaves are watching for them, noting they are sending troops out further and further. Stone giants are more concentrated towards the east and southeast of the Savage Frontier, and they seem to have stopped keeping to themselves. We heard reports of them attacking villages and destroying them, but not much caring about attacking or killing the actual villagers while doing that, unless they attack the giants. No idea what sort of esoterical goal they are following. And the hill giants, well, you know 'em. Got some stupid idea in their heads would be my guess. Difference is that apparently someone has enough clout to wrangle enough of the big idiots to actually cause a lot of trouble. We also noted most raids are done only by male hill giants, while all female hill giants sighted seemed to try and get out of this general area, along with the occasional male. Don't ask me whether that is representative or even of any sort of importance, you never know with that lot."

Darathra pauses for a moment, letting people digest the input a bit. "Only ones we've seen nothing of are the storm giants. Sure, they usually keep to the depths of the sea, but they have the best reputation out of all kinds, and were in the past occasionally spotted out on the sea or on the shore. Absolutely nothing so far. We have no idea what they are doing or where they are or whether they are involved in any way in this whole mess."

Thinking back, the last bit of news is surprising to Slissht. She has met Queen Neri and especially Princess Serissa a few times in her life, and they seemed very fond of "small folk", so given the chaos the other giants are causing, one would expect them to try and help the human-sized people or reign the other kinds in, what with until recently having ruled all giants and being the physically, mentally, and magically strongest giantkind (on average).

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Keep the news that we recovered these two pieces and melted one down to make my sword secret. They wont be able to build what they want without it, but if they keep looking for parts, they'll be wasting their time. By the time they figure out what's going on, it will be too late. As for the frosts, if my plan comes into effect, they will not be a problem any more. We took a relative of Artus Cimber out of play and sent him on a long boat ride and he will be leading the frosts on a merry chase to nowhere, so they should be neutralized as well. Clouds, Stones and Hills I have no pull with so groups will just have to be vigilant in regards to them, but I have contacts with the Queen of the Storms so while I look for whoever screwed with my life, I will also look into getting into contact with her and maybe she can pull the reins on them.
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2022-06-01 at 02:05 PM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

"Then you're already way ahead of us. As much as we want to stop this, we are busy putting out fires, but at the end of the day, we are basically a spy network. We got what adventurers and other powerful individuals involved that we could, but everything else is also still going on in addition to this giant power struggle tying up even more people for simple town defense. The Lords' Alliance could mobilize much more forces since they are the leaders of many powerful cities and towns, but currently they are still observing and evaluating. There is still a strong sentiment among some of them that this is just a temporary thing they can sit out. As for the damn Zhents, they are probably already trying to profit from what is going on. If you can hinder or even stop the plans of these giant factions, do so. I doubt anyone else understands them better than you, and we would be hard-pressed to find people as powerful as you to try and stop them. I can't speak for the Harpers as a whole or promise some great reward, I can only ask. Only direction I can provide is that the town of Goldenfields, basically the food basket for Deepwater and the surrounding area, has especially seen many hill giants near it, so that might be something to check, but they do not seem in immediate danger, being a fortified town."

With the evening hours of sunlight having been reached, it is time for Darathra to take her leave. "I'll need to get back to my tasks. Sėle let me know you have your own lodgings, but let me know if you need something, within reason. I'll let the Harpers know what you told me. Minus you having melted down the Vonindod fragment, naturally."

When Darathra has left, Drufi grimaces. "Crazy times. Getting the bastard who drained you and messing up Storvald's first, but sounds like there's tons of uppity giants running around."

Sėle nods. "The both of you are likely the best chance the people of the North have when it comes to dealing with this giant threat. But I concur, we should not lose sight of finding the one who wronged you and also attacked the duchess." A beat. "Plus, you should hurry. I believe someone is eagerly awaiting your arrival," Sėle says with an enchanting smile, doing a bit of magic to do away with all sweat and dirt accumulated on Slissht's body. Drufi scoffs. Echo feigns noble aloofness. Slider is still confused.

Show
    Your choice whether you want to move on to the next day and get a summary of Slissht's date, or rather play out the scene with Narth.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Slissht calls out to the departing Lord Protector, If your group hears any tell of someone bragging out what they did to me, I would appreciate hearing about it.

When she is finally gone, Slissht becomes Shiver once again (shrinking to her 6 foot form) and says the rest of you have the night to do whatever you want. Im going on a date, with Echo as my guardian.

Show
    A summary would be fine
    #GoreMutualarejerks

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Darathra answers Slissht's request with a simple affirmative hand gesture.

"Have a good evening!" Sėle wishes to Shiver, Drufi just grunting, saying she is going for a walk.

People marvel at the giantess able to shrink to human size, so eyes are on her even more as she heads through town. Following the path, she finds a note by Narth as described (plus Echo makes it trivial to track the man). The clearing does not disappoint, the trees locked in spectacular vibrant autumn colors not fitting the season, illuminated by the evening sun. Narth has dressed well for the occasion, also having readied a dinner table, as well as a small tent in case of the weather changing. He is a little out of sorts seeing Shiver at first, but proves to be a gentleman. The dinner is quite fantastic, the two having wonderful conversation over dinner, Shiver learning this forest is said to be visited by Gwaeron Windstrom, the god of tracking, and thus it is not allowed to chop even a single tree of this forest or hunt any animals in it. Narth clearly is quite infatuated with Shiver, complimenting her deeds, strength, and elegance, unable to keep himself from admiring her. Echo, bribed with fine meat cuts, so far does not raise objections.

Retiring into the tent for a glass of wine as night falls, they are interrupted by deep shouting noises, as well as the sounds of Echo mangling someone. Heading outside, Shiver finds a common oni, a rarer, lesser giant racenot usually found in these parts, horned and muscular, but smaller than the height Slissht can currently grow to. So when he sees the woman he planned on eating becoming rather big while a winter wolf is freezing and tearing at him, well... it doesn't end well for him. It quickly turns out this oni had been stalking the forest for a while now, ambushing and devouring travellers. Having saved Narth's life yet again, he does invite her to that glass of wine again. And should she decide to stay the night in the tent, she finds that while he certainly is no Sėle, it is a surprisingly fulfilling night regardless.

Regardless of how Slissht decides to spend her night, she once again dreams of the duchess Morwen Daggerford, getting the feeling they spent some time together, and that they grew close. Morwen is not just a warrior, but wields magic as well, weaving the two together into a sort of battledance of sorts that allowed her to spar with Slissht, even growing to her true size as well. But still, her memory does not become any clearer in regards to who attacked them.

The next day, news of Slissht's deeds make the rounds, and since most immediate work is done, the giantesses are flooded with a lot more attention by the villagers, wanting to know more about them, talk to them, or just marvel at them. Drufi seems to be in a somewhat better mood that day, Sėle inquiring about the date. A good number of men and women seem quite jealous of Narth as well. Darathra formally declares Slissht, Drufi, and Sėle heroes of Triboar. A small feast is held in their honor. Echo and Slider even allow people to approach them, Echo requiring plenty of tasty tributes and allowing choice villagers to groom her as they marvel at her elegance, whereas Slider even allows a child or two to ride on her (much to the scoffing disapproval of Echo, turning up her nose).

In the evening of this second day, Slissht is presented with her adamantine sword (as promised), Sėle also handing Shiver the gold gained from selling the fire giants' swords, a total of 22,000 gold.

"From Triboar, our path now leads straight south, following the road until Waterdeep. From there, it is only a small distance to Daggerford. Would you like to continue traveling in the morning, or already this evening?"
    Last edited by Ridai; 2022-06-07 at 07:33 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Shiver divides up the gold, 7000 each for her, Sile and Drufi. The last 1000 she spends to buy very ornate and gem encrusted collars for Echo and Slider, seeing as a normal dog collar wont work, she buys belts that a teenager would wear which would be about the right fit.

We are ready to move out now
    #GoreMutualarejerks

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Sėle just smiles and declines the gold. "My goddesses provide for me." Drufi takes her share of the gold. Echo wears her collar like an accessory, while Slider seems confused about receiving a collar, scratching at it every now and then, until Drufi takes it off, since it keeps distracting the winter wolf.

The travel spell is woven once more, and they race down the Long Road to the south, the Dessarin Hills to the east and the Sword Mountains to the west flying by them. In the late evening, they pass the town of Westbridge and the Kryptgarden Forest, until they make camp on the outskirts of the Sumber Hills. They saw the trampled remains of a little village on their way, likely the victim of hill giants, but nothing bothers them during the night. Once more, dreams of Morwen haunt Slissht in her sleep, waking breathless and with a racing heart in the morning.

Continuing their journey, they soon pass the crossroad town of Red Larch, ever going south on the Long Road, until they can spot the Westwood to the, well, west. Deepwater is perhaps a day or two away now. Suddenly:
    "Hey, Slissht," Drufi says, nudging her, then pointing east. To their left in the far distance, at the end of a dirt road branching off the Long Road, Slissht sees what looks like... strange pillars? And the silhouette of a large figure among them.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2022-06-08 at 05:06 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

(Shiver takes the 7000 that Sile declined and splits it 3000 to her and 3000 to Drufi with the last 1000 going back to the city to aid in reconstruction and repairs)

Slissht reigns Echo and peers at what Drufi has spotted, but clearly cant make it out. Making sure that her blade can be pulled at a moments notice, she leads the group in that direction, when she can actually make out the figure, she calls out....Identify yourself stranger.

(That is, unless its clearly an enemy, in which case the blade comes out)
    #GoreMutualarejerks

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

As they approach, the figure turns out to be a lone stone giant. He is standing in partially dismantled ruins of a village. Many things the villagers left behind were thrown into a deep pit, along with everything wooden, apparently to be buried later judging by the pile of earth next to the hole. The stone of houses, fences, and such is being stacked into intricate yet sturdy pillars by the stone giant, arranged in a specific manner.

When hailed, he looks to the frost giantesses. He bears the usual appearance of his kind, a chiseled athletic build, wearing only simple furs and nothing else. A greatclub is resting nearby, but he appears to make no motions yet to pick it up. He raises an appeasing hand towards the giantesses.

"Peace, frost clan," he rumbles in the characteristic deep voice of his kind. "No harm will come to you." He picks up another stone, stacking it onto the pillar he is working on, then doing a small adjustment to it.