New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Temple of Inari 57: Life goes on

Survivors

Willow does sneeze, with the growth of the parasitic elemental in her nose, but has enough control to direct it into her elbow- where she's quick to note the blue glow it's producing. "Um, that looks like the goo I touched. The... the robot lady said it was just water." Water with no scientific explanation for its glow, either. The water on her sleeve is contagious with the elemental, so... maybe don't touch it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #452
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Night Shift

Steven looks around.
    "Well, if that's the case I suppose I don't need to change."
    He lowers his head to look at the vulpan in the eyes.
    "You're sure they won't be able to see me?" Suddenly appearing as a big dragon could get him into trouble quickly. Especially since he has trouble making clothes so he wouldn't be able to quickly assume nondescript humanoid shape.
    Hoshiko chuckles

Think of it more like watching a movie. A rather more immersive, 3D movie where the "actors" must follow their scripts. Even if we tried to interact, it wouldn't work and nothing would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Front Gate]

"Well thanks." he says and starts heading over to the place. He stops. "Anything i should tell them or know befor that?"

Unless any other informations come in he will go and find the place, maybe someone on the way stops him. After all he was here once befor fighting some kind of mad fox thing?
    The guard shakes his head

Don't think so. Just tell them what you told me...

The path starts through the tree heavy arboretum, then past the square and intimidating edifice of the summoning chamber, and then on the northern edge of the fields of the busy Fenethi growing chilis and lentils and melons. There aren't any fellow travelers, and aside from a wave or cheerful greeting nobody pays much attention, really. Up ahead, the base is just as the guard described: looking completely anachronistic and out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Survivors

Willow does sneeze, with the growth of the parasitic elemental in her nose, but has enough control to direct it into her elbow- where she's quick to note the blue glow it's producing. "Um, that looks like the goo I touched. The... the robot lady said it was just water." Water with no scientific explanation for its glow, either. The water on her sleeve is contagious with the elemental, so... maybe don't touch it.
    Felina frowns. Nobody mentioned this being a Rebonack monstrosity: that does complicate things.

Stubborn one, hm? And um... "just water" doesn't glow blue, sorry. So... best to not touch anything, and everybody keep back from her a bit. Let me think...

Quite the sticky problem, this.

Meanwhile, the werefox medics do the two-step of casting a Sunray over the group using a gem prepared for the purpose, and then Mass Remove Curse. As always, the cautions creatures double-check to make sure it worked.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2022-01-10 at 02:37 PM.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Night Shift

Steven gives her a very dragony shrug.
    "Very well. If it has your approval then I'll play along. But let me at least bring my companion." Steven reaches onto the altar and takes Eclipse from it. The katana has needed a significantly longer strap to comfortably stay in place in his dragony shape. But even if he's quiet, the shadow spirit has been his friend for too long for Steven to simply stop wearing the sword just because he's quadruped more of the time.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #454
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Front Gate] -> [That other location]

The whole nexus is full of anachronistic building, Medival wood buildings next to giant glass Skysccraper next to Sci-Fi metal buildings etc. Karl seems less suprised as someone would guess from a medival fantasy world. Kinda get used to the nexus by now. However he tries to find the door or whatever method to enter there is and knocks/rang the bell.

"Hello? I need some help with a scry."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2022-01-12 at 04:10 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #455
    Pixie in the Playground

[Survivors]

The werefoxes check to see if the curse has been undone. Felina's still thinking about the best cure for a Rebo-curse, which are rarely if ever straightforward.

[Night Shift]

Hoshiko nods

Of course. Now... let me get my bearings...

she concentrates and gazes off into space...

[Intersection Base]

Karl might be surprised to see that the guardhouse has the Intersection logo. The guard nods and hands him a clipboard with a sign-in sheet

Sign in, please. Then head down the main road, past the reactors, and to the main command center. Just straight in, but remember that SCV's have right-of-way so look both ways before any crossing.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Orc in the Playground

Survivors

Pure water as in it had been distilled; no impurities, so it was 'just' water from a molecular point of view.

Those girls that had been kissed by vargouilles are cured, the curse not strong enough to resist in sunlight, even the magical sunlight of the Sunray spell. The girls are left blinking a little afterwards; they weren't quite expecting that much light. "That was cool. Uh, how do you do that?" The speaker is Vicci, a blonde girl with green eyes, looking slightly bloodshot from the light. Her skin, like those of most of the girls, is tanned from a life spent mostly outdoors. She's wearing a very large army coat, far too big for her, with the sleeves pulled up and also a pair of green cordoroy trousers. Her school tie has been tied around one of her upper arms, and she carries a bow and has a tool belt around her waist with a claw hammer and some knives hanging from it.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Pixie in the Playground

The medic chuckles

It's a priest's spell: a gift of the goddess, stored in a gem so folks who aren't priests can use them in an emergency. That's a fairly high-power spell at that, so that particular gem was made by one of only a handful of priests here at the temple.

Felina frowns

Speaking of... I think both folks we need to help with that parasite are out and about right now. I can try to banish it, but I'm concerned it will just eat my magic and get stronger again. We might need you to stay in the Summoning Chamber for a little while to keep that thing contained.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Orc in the Playground

Survivors

Vicci isn't the girl with the elemental parasite, unless the cleric meant the prion which all the girls have. Willow is the one infected with the elemental parasite.

"Yeah, I don't want it to spread further. Not unless it turns out to be, like, basically harmless or something." Willow says, unaware that the parasite is very much not harmless.

"Can... Could I learn how to do that sort of thing? I'm not super religious, though." Vicci asks, really fascinated by the magic.

9. - Top - End - #459

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Intersection Base]

Karl might be surprised to see that the guardhouse has the Intersection logo. The guard nods and hands him a clipboard with a sign-in sheet

Sign in, please. Then head down the main road, past the reactors, and to the main command center. Just straight in, but remember that SCV's have right-of-way so look both ways before any crossing.
    [Intersection Base]

Karl takes the paper and signs them. He is really confused how much signing and guardposts he has to past for such a trivial requestl.

"SCV? What is that?" he asks. he's not from a high tech world and such things can be confusing.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Night Shift

Steven nods, taking a step back.
    "Take as long as you need." he says. He's a dragon with a sword. He can't really get more prepared than he already is.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Pixie in the Playground

[Intersection Base]

The guard explains

Space Construction Vehicle. They're general purpose labor units that perform a wide variety of tasks. But they aren't the most nimble and the drivers' view is frequently obscured by items they carry...

looks around, hoping that one of them will happen by. And one does, carrying a load of slightly-glowing blue crystals.

Like that one, over there, with the load of minerals.

-------

[Journey to the Past]

Hoshiko only takes a moment, then releases her magic. Oddly, it doesn't feel at all like any teleport Steven has ever encountered: it's more like falling asleep than anything, and rather than the usual disorienting feeling of having moved, there's a distinctly unsettling feeling that the entire universe just shifted around him instead.

Instead of the temple, the pair is now standing in front of what looks rather like Orochi's palace on the Plane of Shadows, except it's in color, and the people bustling around are a mix of humans and standard-looking vulpans. Steven might be a bit unsettled when, true to Hoshiko's asserting, several people walk right through him as if he wasn't even there.

--------

[Survivors]

The medic nods

Oh yes, Inari has a great number of human clerics: they'd be happy to let you join. And I'm not sure what standard of religion you're used to, but you might find that things are a little different here. It's more a way of life than a set of ceremonies...

he trails off, then shrugs

Sorry: I'm a combat medic, not a priest. You'll need to ask them if you want more details than that.

Felina chuckles

Not to alarm you, but it is amazingly rare for something like that to be harmless here in the Nexus. But first, before I forget (), let's get those prions sorted.

She quickly casts a Mass Cure Disease over the group to get rid of the nasty little infectious protein strands

12. - Top - End - #462
    Orc in the Playground

Survivors

"Um, I've got a girlfriend, would that be OK? Some religious people haven't been OK with that." Though not actually since she's had the girlfriend, due to the fact when her world's adults died she was thirteen and only just realising she had a crush on her best friend.

The prion is dealt with, destroyed and gone. Willow, however, has the elemental parasite, and I think that might still be a threat?

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Journey to the Past

Steven shudders as people pass through his dragonic haunches. "I guess I know what it's like for you, Eclipse." he mumbles to his sword's spirit.
    Then he turns to his guide for the day. "So, what's on the agenda, Ma'am?"

14. - Top - End - #464

[Intersection Base]

The guard explains

Space Construction Vehicle. They're general purpose labor units that perform a wide variety of tasks. But they aren't the most nimble and the drivers' view is frequently obscured by items they carry...

looks around, hoping that one of them will happen by. And one does, carrying a load of slightly-glowing blue crystals.

Like that one, over there, with the load of minerals.
    [Intersection Base]

"Okay." Karl replies a bit confused why they use something that carries things that obscured it. Don't they have carts and alike to drag goods behind them making their vision clear in front?
    He then waves at the guard. "I better keep my eyes open then, See ya." He then proceeds on his way. Thought with those things around he tries to be extra carefull and might end up on a differetn path just by avoiding them, if there are to mayn to just pass by. Otherwise he will proceed the instructions, straight ahead.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Pixie in the Playground

[Survivors]

Felina nods in satisfaction, then turns to Willow.

And now you... I think it might be safest if we go over to the summoning chamber. Whatever you've got up your nose is not friendly, and not responding to the usual magic for such things.

Please come with me.

------

[Intersection Base]

Karl doesn't have to wait too long for any individual of the admittedly strangely designed general purpose labor vehicles. Coming up to the command center after an essentially uneventful walk, he encounters yet another guard. She looks just as happy to actually have something to do besides stand there completely bored...

Hello there! How can we help you?

------

[Journey to the Past]

Yoshiko looks around with a half-smile, briefly lost in nostalgia for a time long since past. She shakes it off at Steven's question

We'll need to go around to the side: there's a small sally-port from which we always headed out on our raids.

With that, she promptly heads off to the right. She makes a beeline to her destination, simply walking through anything that gets in her way: trees, people, cards, a low wall...
    Last edited by Fenric; 2022-03-31 at 11:14 AM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Orc in the Playground

Survivors

Willow smiles and nods, and follows to the summoning chamber. She waves goodbye to her friends. When they're out of earshot, she looks a bit less comfortable. "Um, in the summoning chamber... Can I keep my clothes on, or do I need to drop anything made of metal? I don't know, I've never had... Even an xray or MRI scan before, I don't know what's needed here." She hopes she can keep her clothes on, but she'd like to get rid of the entity making her mouth glow far more than she wants to stay dressed.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Pixie in the Playground

[Survivors]

A more junior priest in plan blue addresses Vicci's question:

No, that's not a problem at all. The basic framework of our temple is really quite simple...

and he goes over the information under "Profile for Inari" on the first post.

----

[Summoning Chamber]

Felina chuckles

You don't have to get undressed unless you want to: this room is for isloation, not so much treatement.

Felina follows a small path to a building set apart from the others. This building has solid stone walls and an unreasonably sturdy roof. As you walk through the doorway and see the thick adamantine door, it becomes clear that this room is special.

Inside: the obsidian ceiling, walls and floors are crawling with glowing silvery magical sigils. Literally crawling, the magic writing moves even as you look at it. In the very center of the room is a summoning circle of gold, platinum, and gemstones. The design is intricate beyond belief and you wonder if even living creatures might find themselves bound inside should the priests wish it.

Felina gestures to the circle

Please stand in the center.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Journey to the Past

Steven has dealt with spirits before but he's rarely been the spirit himself. He's somewhat slower as he trots behind the Messenger, trying to get used to just walking through things.
    "So um. When you say raids, how large are we talking about here?" he asks as they go.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Pixie in the Playground

[Journey to the Past]

Tamamo, Noriko, and myself. We didn't really have that much of an army as such - the Empire had never bothered us. There's no resources that humans would want and the terrain is not very good for farming, so they had always just left us alone.

Not that an army would have done much good: we're not harassing large bodies of troops, but smaller raiding parties and the occasional field command tent.

She slips into the present tense as she talks, and the world shimmers slightly.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Orc in the Playground

Survivors

Vicci nods at that, and listens to what the priest says about Inari. So do many of the other survivors, who after all find themselves in a strange new land where magic is apparently real. More might join the Temple, but so far only Victoria is interested.

Summoning Chamber

Willow nods and follows into the summoning chamber, and keeps her clothes on. Except her shoes; she takes those off when she enters the building, padding around on a pair of old, threadbare socks that also don't match- one is blue, the other grey. Like most clothing worn by the girls, they could do with being thrown away and replaced; finding clothing that fits is tricky, five years after everyone over the age of eighteen mysteriously died. She'll stand in the centre and look around at the patterns and design, amazed at it all. Although she doesn't have the knowledge base to recognise or understand any of it.

21. - Top - End - #471

[Intersection Base]

Karl doesn't have to wait too long for any individual of the admittedly strangely designed general purpose labor vehicles. Coming up to the command center after an essentially uneventful walk, he encounters yet another guard. She looks just as happy to actually have something to do besides stand there completely bored...

Hello there! How can we help you?
    [Intersection Base]

Karls mood is on the other side now. This is the fourth guard he has to explain what he is here for and things start to get annoying.

"I need some help with a scry."
    he just says obviously having said this one several times today.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

[Journey to the Past]

Tamamo, Noriko, and myself. We didn't really have that much of an army as such - the Empire had never bothered us. There's no resources that humans would want and the terrain is not very good for farming, so they had always just left us alone.

Not that an army would have done much good: we're not harassing large bodies of troops, but smaller raiding parties and the occasional field command tent.

She slips into the present tense as she talks, and the world shimmers slightly.
    Journey to the Past

Steven blinks as the world glitches. "Please remember where and when you are, Ma'am. Wouldn't want the spellwork to be influenced."
    Especially given his present state, the Messenger slipping into the simulation's continuity would probably drag him in, which would likely be disastrous with people around.