"Ah, it's always work with you... can't even wait until we finish the roast." Her scolding rings with a hidden laughter. "But as you wish. My main task here is to make sure our interests - that means interests of Kingdom, of House Deutor, and its future - is ensured. My father wishes not to lose any lands, and is willing to provide some resources for the common interest of safety, but does not wish to become someone's vassal or to be part of some larger kingdom - our sovereignty needs to continue." She clears her throat and picks up knife and fork, hungrily watching the roast being served.

"Now we can get some allies - duchy of Vargraven is one good possibility, with old Duke Vargrav being represented here by his young son, who has already served on battlefield and was recognized - but other than Vargraven, we'd like to have a free hand in picking our enemies." This time, she flashes you a shy smile, almost apologetic. "On the other hand, we want peace with the dwarves - as you know, the colonies in mountains pay nice trade taxes - but care little for the elven lords. And we certainly wish to improve our standing... in any way. Armedy does not have a good name among the kingdoms - past sins of our forefathers both on the battlefield and the diplomatic field should be forgotten, not brought up again."

With food on her plate, she looks away from Marques, into the fireplace. "I personally wish to know... well, I wish to know what your plans are. What you want to achieve here. So we can work together, or find a way to avoid getting into each other's way. I wish for a truce, if peace is not possible. But I also want to eat, I am starving - so it's your turn to dazzle me with your conversation skills while I enjoy this." She finishes her monologue with her fork already in the roast, knife skilfully carving the tender meat.