A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 391

Thread: Afterlife

  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Rogue_alchemist ISO:
    Spoiler: ISO for RA
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Somebody's got to do it, so it might as well be me. I blame Xihirli. Statistically speaking, it is usually her fault.
    NAI open post

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    it is an acronym OMG yoU Suck! as in, I am going to vote for you because you voted for me is an OMGUS vote.

    EDIT: And more is coming, this was just the easiest to respond to.
    Helping mech/explain acronyms is easy content for wolf. Kinda NAI tho

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Work sucks, but we all know how that goes.

    Hey, I知 not a monster. I知 just ahead of the curve.

    I'm guessing that Emmy was trying to respond to something in Cao's quote just above it in my message. Maybe that the Medium might repeat same action, I can't figure out what "it" refers to.


    I have one more quote to go find and do a read off of and that'll be all the meat I can find. This thread has been a whole lotta finger pointing and tongue-in-cheek voting that seems to turn serious for no apparent reason. As such I can't find particularly wolfy behavior until we have some voting being resolved.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Gac3 asking if dead people are wolves makes me think gac is alive. This is pertinent information for later, but I am not sure that it means much for now.
    Picks up on the Gac thing, not a bad look here.

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I get it, gac3 is definitely not true town, and must be neutral if he is alive. General feelings are that the only good neutral is a dead neutral, but the fluff makes it seem that not all neutrals are bad. I don't know how he can prove it one way or the other short of us lynching him, but here we are. If he is willing, I would love to hear win-con and claims. Might as well pressure now that I've pointed all this out. Gac3
    The good old wolfy "This is why it's good, but maybe this is why it's bad! I don't know, but here's a vote!"

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    yea, I was worried, but this still doesn't confirm true medium or whatever. Since there are investigative roles with paranormal abilities, gac could just be some other rando. I get the argument that there can't be that many neutrals, but I think we are in the case of the medium and 1 town neutral (can connect people or do role identification or something) and 1 scum neutral (can exorcise ghosts or whatever to 'kill' people).
    And unless I missed it in the OP, this is an interesting little "theory" about what's in the game. I honestly think that this may be a touch of either TMI or intentional obfuscation right here.

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    This supports my theory that you are not the medium and are just a town-aligned neutral. I am afraid that now that we have had all this discussion, AV won't comment (at least publicly) on your role title. As such we won't have anything but your word for it now, either way.
    Intentionally dismissing Gac.

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Because AV was very careful in my QT to tell me my role (Ghost) and my alignment (town). Since AV skipped your role name and just called your neutral, I am inclined to believe that you are some un-named neutral role that should be town aligned (jus create QTs to connect people). However I could also see a universe where you are scum aligned and have altered your QT summary to show a more towny set of rules. Since we know for sure you are not town, and since *I* think you are not the medium (others are free to draw their own conclusions), I am going to sit with my vote you on for now.
    An accusation of "The Mod forgot my name" is almost never scum. Scum has multiple people to compare PMs for them to come up with a specific fake.

    Instead we have a lot of "maybe but other people can draw their own conclusions" which is advocating for Gac's flip without placing blame on themselves if Gac is exactly what they say they are.

    You know what that sounds like? Wolfy agenda!


    Rogue. You and I again, except this time I'm the town and you're the scum. Delicious irony.

    Please see the above ISO for why you all should get on board town agenda and flip the Rogue Alchemist.

    Or pressure him until the cracks appear.

    I'm good with either.

    SIDE NOTE:
    Gac is almost always just Medium here. We can ignore him as long as he's fine voting with consensus.

    SIDE SIDE NOTE:
    EMMY please clarify your weird post.

    SIDE SIDE SIDE NOTE:
    Snow is probably just town? Take with a grain of salt but I think Snow is just town rn.
    Last edited by bladescape; 2021-08-12 at 06:48 AM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    I'm fine being ignored and voting with the consensus. Though seriously, if anyone wants to have a QT set up with me or someone else, feel free to let me know. Beyond that my goal is to just stay alive until I have a solid chance at my win.


    I kinda like the logic of RA being a wolf. But Bladescape seems very sure of themselves. Idk bladescape well enough to know if that's normal. I also am hesitant to side with Bladescape because while it sounds very convincing, the main case is "RA tried to make gac3 look Wolfy" which means I might be biased.

    Also, reads on snow in my experience are meaningless. They are fairly good at being town, even when they are a wolf.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    I was with wolf!Snow back a few games ago in a game you ran.

    I am aware they could be duping me, but their content so far feels different to that game so I'm going to take a chance? We'll see how it works out for me.

    As for sure of themselves, let me put it this way:
    Either
    A. Rogue is wolf and we will find that out
    Or
    B. Rogue is town who did something not great, but if this is the case then I should be able to work that out from pressure.

    Also even if Rogue is town, using unified pressure and actual thoughts will motivate the thread to do something.

    And somethings are readable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The reason I'm sus of Rogue here is that in my first game with him he was all on board with helping Neutral (Emmy) win her wincon and move on.

    Here he's pressuring and not believing a role that can be counterclaimed AND has verifiable mech.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Afterlife

    I'd like to request that I not be exorcised.

    "But Snowblaze, you're dangerous and not to be trusted. Why should we let you... uh, continue being a ghost?"

    a) I've been top wagon on four votes for at least 36 hours, and there's been no effort to change that (the only major vote change has been the gac3 wagon, and Caoimhin moved away from my largest counter to start that.)

    b) I made it clear from the beginning that I'd be busy and barely able to post. What kind of wolf takes a free pass to lurk in a quiet game and turns it into being one of the most active and contributing players?

    c) Since I am one of the most active and contributing players, it's anti-town to exorcise me without good reason, which...

    d) doesn't exist. The sum total of the case against me is "I wasn't OMGUSed by Batcathat" and "I gave town points for something NAI". And... neither of those things make me a wolf.

    e) there's been a grand total of one post by the people on my wagon since it became what it is. Which... is mostly just annoying for me, because I don't want to die because people put pressure on me earlier and then didn't bother showing up to decide if they actually wanted me dead.

    "But who else should we exorcise, if not you?"

    Well, bladescape made a good case for rogue_alchemist. You could go read that and see what to make of it. (Still thinking that over to work out whether to join).

    Alternatively, I think Apogee wouldn't be a bad target. His last post was just popping in to say something that was pretty obvious at that point. Wouldn't town be likely to acknowledge in some way a large amount of content from the person they're voting, who's also the leading wagon?

    ...okay, plea over. I'm not writing a song for my exorcism should it occur, because doing that solely on mobile is a pain. I... should be around close to EOD if not at the exact time, so will hop on a wagon for self-preservation later on.

    Now to work out what to make of the bladescape/rogue_alchemist stuff.
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 5
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 3
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 6

    I have no clue what I知 doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    I'm at work. Does anyone have a vote count/time left in day count?

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Afterlife

    So my first reaction was "bladescape,, you're chasing the same person you just cased as a wolf. That's not great." But then on actually reading the case it's pretty different to the one from Craziest Idea (with the caveat that I haven't reread that one because phoneposting). And the townread on me is appreciated.

    My gut now says bladescape is town, but I could just be being pocketed... though on the other hand I didn't quite get to the townread in Craziest Idea when he was trying to pocket me. Meh... good enough for a quiet day one, I can come back after flips assuming I'm not the one flipped.

    As for "is rogue_alchemist a wolf", I... honestly don't know. It's a good case, but I thought that in CI when he was town, and ages ago I used to scumread him all the time, regardless of his alignment.

    About the "more than one neutral"... would a wolf *have* TMI that there's more than one? I was thinking that if rogue is a wolf he likely only has one partner for that post, as I don't think there's much chance of three neutrals and three wolves. Though, then again, intentional obfuscation is a possibility.

    Actually, some people would have TMI if more neutrals existed: rogue_alchemist, are you another neutral?

    ...meh, I've been at this for long enough, I need to drag myself out of bed now. Conclusion: I think bladescape is town, I don't know if rogue_alchemist is a wolf but there's a high chance I end up self-preserving there anyway so... *shrug*

    Also I can't be bothered to put together a vote count but there's 11-12 hours left. Just enough time for a CFD of someone who isn't me!
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 5
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 3
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 6

    I have no clue what I知 doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    What's TMI?

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    What's TMI?
    Too Much Information, as you'd expect.

    It's basically a quickhand way of saying "This opinion comes from a point of view that has information no towny should have."

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, Snow, this is an aggressive case. In CI it was a defensive case. It would look different no matter my alignment.

    (Yes, I know this is me dismissing a reason to townread me and I should shut up, but meeeeh. )

    - - - Updated - - -

    ALSO GO READ PERCY JACKSON WW.

    Rogue Expresses a neutral-friendly-ish viewpoint there.

    Why is he suddenly anti-neutral in this game?

    Maybe because the claimed neutral is townsiding?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    So my first reaction was "bladescape,, you're chasing the same person you just cased as a wolf. That's not great." But then on actually reading the case it's pretty different to the one from Craziest Idea (with the caveat that I haven't reread that one because phoneposting). And the townread on me is appreciated.

    My gut now says bladescape is town, but I could just be being pocketed... though on the other hand I didn't quite get to the townread in Craziest Idea when he was trying to pocket me. Meh... good enough for a quiet day one, I can come back after flips assuming I'm not the one flipped.
    Honestly I would've loved to get wolf here too. It would've made 3/3 wolf rands since returning.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Ah. I knew TMI meant TMI outside of this. But I wasn't sure how that fit into this game. Makes sense.

    A wolf could have an idea on how many neutrals there are if there aren't three wolves. So it could be that. Another neutral would also have that kind of information.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Fine... after skimmibg through PJ you do have a point.


    rogue_alchemist. Blaming you if this goes wrong, bladescape!
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2021-08-12 at 07:54 AM.
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 5
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 3
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 6

    I have no clue what I知 doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    I lead the charge, I take the blame.

    I WILL ADD A CAVEAT.

    I just realised he could be another Neutral. Which would explain the TMI and the approach as well.

    Can you clarify Rogue?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Props to Gac and Snow for picking up the other neutral angle when I was making my tunnel.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Eh. Whatever. It's better than targetting someone because I could not understand what they typed. And it helps give us a target for tomorrow. Rogue Alchemist
    Last edited by gac3; 2021-08-12 at 01:19 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Eh. Whatever. It's better than targetting someone because I could not understand what they typed. And it helps give us a target for tomorrow. Rogue Alchemist
    How does it help give us a target for tomorrow?

    Are you indicating you think R_A flips town and you'll go after me? If you think R_A flips town, find another person who has more scum equity for you, I guarantee I'll listen to other arguments. Town doesn't win from me seeing something I find wolfy and tunnelling.

    Of course, but then you have claimed the neutralest neutral role, so I don't know what I expect from you.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    How does it help give us a target for tomorrow?

    Are you indicating you think R_A flips town and you'll go after me? If you think R_A flips town, find another person who has more scum equity for you, I guarantee I'll listen to other arguments. Town doesn't win from me seeing something I find wolfy and tunnelling.

    Of course, but then you have claimed the neutralest neutral role, so I don't know what I expect from you.
    It was essentially that but based on the "I'll take the blame" aspect. But in practice it likely won't be you. This is awfully ballsy a stunt for a wolf.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    I am always wary of people implying they know how a person will flip. Keeping my eye on you.

    Though in reality if no one else claims Medium you're pretty much perma-clear as Neutral so idk why I am.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also if this flips wrong I welcome town to pressure or look closely at me. You should never let people lead town without scrutiny UNLESS they're cleared.

    Side note: If R_A flips neutral I don't consider that a wrong flip so I refuse to allow people to pressure me in that case.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I am always wary of people implying they know how a person will flip. Keeping my eye on you.

    Though in reality if no one else claims Medium you're pretty much perma-clear as Neutral so idk why I am.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also if this flips wrong I welcome town to pressure or look closely at me. You should never let people lead town without scrutiny UNLESS they're cleared.

    Side note: If R_A flips neutral I don't consider that a wrong flip so I refuse to allow people to pressure me in that case.
    I guess it wouldn't give us a target if you are right. Idk how he will flip but I hope wolf. It would be really convenient to catch a wolf early. Like I said, I need the game to get to day 4.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Afterlife

    There are approximately 10 hours until EoD.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Unavenger's "UPick 2: Pick Harder"

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Aspiring optimizers can try their luck in Zinc Saucier XXXIX: Hoist The Colors High

    Quote Originally Posted by Maat Mons View Post
    Everyone knows Wizards only become adventurers because it's the fastest way to get more Wizard levels.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Murska's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Whose eye is that eye?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    I like a proper case, especially when I'm too busy to really dig into things myself.

    rogue_alchemist
    Last edited by Murska; 2021-08-12 at 06:27 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Afterlife

    I ended up being rather busy (I traveled by boat, train and automobile, did someone cast me in a Steve Martin sequel?) but hopefully I should be able to be more active by D2 or so.

    Not a lot to go on, but I suppose that's to be expected D1. Blade's case seems like the most sold-ish one, so let's say rogue_alchemist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Having said that it's kind of entertaining that Batcathat is currently screwing me over just by not voting for me.
    My thoughts exactly. I'm really hoping that you're a wolf, so I can weaponize my ability to accidentally screw with you but with my normal luck I'll probably get you killed and find out you're some really important town role.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I ended up being rather busy (I traveled by boat, train and automobile, did someone cast me in a Steve Martin sequel?) but hopefully I should be able to be more active by D2 or so.

    Not a lot to go on, but I suppose that's to be expected D1. Blade's case seems like the most sold-ish one, so let's say rogue_alchemist.



    My thoughts exactly. I'm really hoping that you're a wolf, so I can weaponize my ability to accidentally screw with you but with my normal luck I'll probably get you killed and find out you're some really important town role.
    No, rogue_alchemist will flip town and then people will decide his wagon was driven by wolves to save me and I'll die day two.

    Still, I'm now not dying today :D
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 5
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 3
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 6

    I have no clue what I知 doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    No, rogue_alchemist will flip town and then people will decide his wagon was driven by wolves to save me and I'll die day two.

    Still, I'm now not dying today :D
    I mean there are still seven ish hours left

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    I must admit I'm kinda hoping Rogue shows up to at least talk before dying. Just in case I'm wrong lmao.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    rogue_alchemist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I'm fine being ignored and voting with the consensus. Though seriously, if anyone wants to have a QT set up with me or someone else, feel free to let me know. Beyond that my goal is to just stay alive until I have a solid chance at my win.


    I kinda like the logic of RA being a wolf. But Bladescape seems very sure of themselves. Idk bladescape well enough to know if that's normal. I also am hesitant to side with Bladescape because while it sounds very convincing, the main case is "RA tried to make gac3 look Wolfy" which means I might be biased.

    Also, reads on snow in my experience are meaningless. They are fairly good at being town, even when they are a wolf.
    Bladescape, in my experience, always states something mater-of-factly and tries to get go back and get support for it afterwards. The tone isn't wolfy for him, but I know I am town, so it feels wolfy to me

    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I was with wolf!Snow back a few games ago in a game you ran.

    I am aware they could be duping me, but their content so far feels different to that game so I'm going to take a chance? We'll see how it works out for me.

    As for sure of themselves, let me put it this way:
    Either
    A. Rogue is wolf and we will find that out
    Or
    B. Rogue is town who did something not great, but if this is the case then I should be able to work that out from pressure.

    Also even if Rogue is town, using unified pressure and actual thoughts will motivate the thread to do something.

    And somethings are readable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The reason I'm sus of Rogue here is that in my first game with him he was all on board with helping Neutral (Emmy) win her wincon and move on.

    Here he's pressuring and not believing a role that can be counterclaimed AND has verifiable mech.
    You have to remember the last several games have been all power roles which makes town's relations with neutrals different. Here there are very few people with powers. Powers can quickly screw over town now and so it is in town's best interest to remove them, if they can't be guaranteed to help.

    This specific game presents a dilemma in that I believe no towny (or maybe 1) has a power and we MUST rely on neutrals to help us. The neutrals are all truely neutral and could help town or help scum. Scum at least has a NK, but probably also has a QT creation power if not something more powerful to insinuate themselves into town.

    I will direcly state I am just normal town (I pretty much said this in my analysis of gac) I am a ghost that AV came back and clarified was town in the second post of my QT. I assumed as much from the fluff, but I wasn't sure if it was part of the bastardy component of this game. As a hint, I think the win-con of the town ghosts can be used as a way to out a wolf. If you think you have someone cornered, and they insist they are town, have them reveal the win-con with only a few hours left as proof. I don't think the scum will be able to word it just right. This means that town shouldn't share the win-con in any created QTs.

    I could also see that the Medium is able to create QTs between 2 people (and join themselves, making 3), and maybe the wolf power is to just spy on QTs if they target at least 1 person in the group besides the medium (if someone is in more than 1 group, it is probably randomly assigned which one the wolves get to see). But I guess this won't work because the QTs keep a track of unique views and it would suddenly become obvious that a wolf (or a bunch of wolves) looked at a QT, so probably the creation thing more than the spy thing.

    As far as being lynched, I am fine with it because work has suddenly taken over my life again and my wife is going out of town this weekend for me to watch the child. As such I will be extremely busy for the foreseeable future and not as able to contribute. However with LoyL by D3, feel free to leave me alive and I will at least keep posting to vote where it seems most needed (likely the majority if I am too busy to really read, or with whoever is most convincing if it seems something is going on).

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I get it, gac3 is definitely not true town, and must be neutral if he is alive. General feelings are that the only good neutral is a dead neutral, but the fluff makes it seem that not all neutrals are bad. I don't know how he can prove it one way or the other short of us lynching him, but here we are. If he is willing, I would love to hear win-con and claims. Might as well pressure now that I've pointed all this out. Gac3
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    This specific game presents a dilemma in that I believe no towny (or maybe 1) has a power and we MUST rely on neutrals to help us. The neutrals are all truely neutral and could help town or help scum. Scum at least has a NK, but probably also has a QT creation power if not something more powerful to insinuate themselves into town.
    I can't help but feel there's a dissonance here. Am I misreading this or is R_A's stance changing?

    - - - Updated - - -

    That being said, other than the stance changing it actually wasn't a terrible response.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Bladescape, in my experience, always states something mater-of-factly and tries to get go back and get support for it afterwards. The tone isn't wolfy for him, but I know I am town, so it feels wolfy to me
    Not entirely accurate, but I do state things more confidently than I necessarily feel in the moment.

    Wolves aren't going to tremble when you are like "Maybe?" and vote them. Wolves feel pressure when you stand up and plant your flag on their dead corpse.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Muahahaha!!!
    Otherwise not really.
    Book, what do you think of Snow now?

    Also what do you think of R_A?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmyNecromancer View Post
    Ok, I'll admit to being less active than usual due to school. I don't have any information to say, but the Medium might repeat it the next night.
    Emmy still looking for you to please clarify this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Random vote to Aventine. I wish everyone a good game! I'll probably won't be able to post much as I'm on a trip.
    Uh. I thought BW was on Snow for some reason.

    What do you think of Aventine too?
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    blade's ISO on rogue gives me vibes of trying to make an argument for someone being a wolf, rather than actually analyzing and deciding whether you think someone is wolfy based on what they've said and done.

    Not at all a fan of this:

    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Honestly I would've loved to get wolf here too. It would've made 3/3 wolf rands since returning.
    Apart from the troublesome subtext of "hey guys, look at how much I've been a wolf recently: I totally can't be one in this game now, right? That's just statistics." I don't really buy this being a townie state of mind. Wolf twice in a row? Not that crazy. Being town after being wolf twice in a row? I don't think anyone really gives that much thought. I find it easier to believe that someone who did actually get wolf for the third time in a row is going to have that fact on their minds.


    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I lead the charge, I take the blame.

    I WILL ADD A CAVEAT.

    I just realised he could be another Neutral. Which would explain the TMI and the approach as well.

    Can you clarify Rogue?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Props to Gac and Snow for picking up the other neutral angle when I was making my tunnel.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Also if this flips wrong I welcome town to pressure or look closely at me. You should never let people lead town without scrutiny UNLESS they're cleared.

    Side note: If R_A flips neutral I don't consider that a wrong flip so I refuse to allow people to pressure me in that case.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I must admit I'm kinda hoping Rogue shows up to at least talk before dying. Just in case I'm wrong lmao.
    Sounds like someone worried about the flip, while trying to look like they're not worried about the flip.

    bladescape

    Final thought: I don't actually like Snow's "hey, I could have lurked but I didn't. Why would a wolf do that, huh?" The lady protests too much, methinks.
    Last edited by Aventine; 2021-08-12 at 06:53 AM. Reason: unvote

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Murska's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Whose eye is that eye?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    I believe from that response that rogue_alchemist knows what a Town QT looks like, since I had the same idea regarding the win-con.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think I'm heading back on to Snowblaze for now.
    Last edited by Murska; 2021-08-12 at 12:21 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    I think I do like R_A's response. Wagon called off.

    Aventine

    Seriously?

    You completely missed the part where I was like "Good look"?

    I'm gonna OMGUS this one.

    Also yes of course I was worried about the flip. I was pushing a wagon for town, I want it to hit a wolf. I'm never going to NOT be paranoid that I'm wrong.

    Because even on a good game I'm wrong occasionally.

    The games I'm 100% right on are not very often.

    The fact that doubt is apparently scummy to you feels kinda weird to me, ngl.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Yeah nevermind. I'll push the wagons closer. Snowblaze

    The win-con trick is worth doing, but I would caution against putting too much confidence in QT-related shenaningans, considering we were told there is a bastard mechanic.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Like okay, wait, why would I be worried about the flip if I was wolf?

    I would ABSOLUTELY know that R_A flips town (Unless I'm bussing in which case I'm worried because my casing worked? That's weird.)

    Like construct for me the world in which being worried about that flip is somehow a wolf-tell.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    rogue_alchemist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I can't help but feel there's a dissonance here. Am I misreading this or is R_A's stance changing?

    - - - Updated - - -

    That being said, other than the stance changing it actually wasn't a terrible response.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Not entirely accurate, but I do state things more confidently than I necessarily feel in the moment.

    Wolves aren't going to tremble when you are like "Maybe?" and vote them. Wolves feel pressure when you stand up and plant your flag on their dead corpse.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Book, what do you think of Snow now?

    Also what do you think of R_A?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Emmy still looking for you to please clarify this.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Uh. I thought BW was on Snow for some reason.

    What do you think of Aventine too?
    First that was a lot of rapid fire posting. Someone is hyped up on caffeine (or really nervous). I am glad you accept my answer, and I'm sorry if it seems like I am flip-flopping, just putting thoughts and info out there. Neutrals are harder to deal with this game. They hold some special place, but I am not sure on my feelings of where, so I will default to the standard Non-all-powered game answer of they should die. However with all the attention you have brought to yourself, I am happy to switch to you, bladescape, even if it is just a feeble attempt to help another wagon gain steam in the last hour.

    As far as Snow's comment about people single posting a weird vote on her and then disappearing, that is is also suspicious. Apogee has posted since then, but not changed their vote, Murska just agreed with me but hasn't changed either. I would switch to her wagon to save myself, if I wasn't so ready to let this game go. I hope Cao and BW switch to areal wagon before the EOD just to have more analysis than single posts of nothing much to go off of.

    I will say you should closely look at the people who jumped on my wagon so readily. I don't have a problem with bladescape per-se making a somewhat coherent argument and trying to use a pressure vote, but batcathat, snowblaze (even though mostly out of self-preservation) and gac3 jumping over feels just really convenient. gac is likely just the medium and so can't be scum, that really leaves BCH looking the most sus out of the group, but a vote on them right now won't go anywhere, so I won't bother.

    Snowblaze (3): Murska, Apogee1, Supagoof,
    bladescape (1): Aventine, rogue_alchemist
    rogue_alchemist (5): Batcathat, gac3, Snowblaze, bladescape, Xihirli
    gac3 (1): CaoimhinTheCape,
    Aventine (1): Book Wombat

    Not Voting: EmmyNecromancer (only the 1 cryptic post)
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2021-08-12 at 08:14 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •