New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Afterlife

1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Afterlife

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I believe from that response that rogue_alchemist knows what a Town QT looks like, since I had the same idea regarding the win-con.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'm heading back on to Snowblaze for now.
    Agreed with the first part, though I'd like it if you could explain the vote. That goes for you too, Aventine.

...I tempted fate by saying I wasn't dying today, didn't I?
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    Yeah nevermind. I'll push the wagons closer. Snowblaze

The win-con trick is worth doing, but I would caution against putting too much confidence in QT-related shenaningans, considering we were told there is a bastard mechanic.
    well it's not QT shenanigans, and usually the rolepost is sacred and so won't be spied on. This is why I cautioned against stating the win-con inside a QT. Only use it here in public.

- - - Updated - - -

new votecount because of ninjas:

Snowblaze (4): Murska, Apogee1, Supagoof, Aventine
    bladescape (1):rogue_alchemist
    rogue_alchemist (4): Batcathat, gac3, Snowblaze, Xihirli
    gac3 (1): CaoimhinTheCape,
    Aventine (2): Book Wombat, bladescape

3. - Top - End - #93

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    First that was a lot of rapid fire posting. Someone is hyped up on caffeine (or really nervous). I am glad you accept my answer, and I'm sorry if it seems like I am flip-flopping, just putting thoughts and info out there. Neutrals are harder to deal with this game. They hold some special place, but I am not sure on my feelings of where, so I will default to the standard Non-all-powered game answer of they should die. However with all the attention you have brought to yourself, I am happy to switch to you, bladescape, even if it is just a feeble attempt to help another wagon gain steam in the last hour.

As far as Snow's comment about people single posting a weird vote on her and then disappearing, that is is also suspicious. Apogee has posted since then, but not changed their vote, Murska just agreed with me but hasn't changed either. I would switch to her wagon to save myself, if I wasn't so ready to let this game go. I hope Cao and BW switch to areal wagon before the EOD just to have more analysis than single posts of nothing much to go off of.

I will say you should closely look at the people who jumped on my wagon so readily. I don't have a problem with bladescape per-se making a somewhat coherent argument and trying to use a pressure vote, but batcathat, snowblaze (even though mostly out of self-preservation) and gac3 jumping over feels just really convenient. gac is likely just the medium and so can't be scum, that really leaves BCH looking the most sus out of the group, but a vote on them right now won't go anywhere, so I won't bother.

Snowblaze (3): Murska, Apogee1, Supagoof,
    bladescape (1): Aventine, rogue_alchemist
    rogue_alchemist (5): Batcathat, gac3, Snowblaze, bladescape, Xihirli
    gac3 (1): CaoimhinTheCape,
    Aventine (1): Book Wombat

Not Voting: EmmyNecromancer (only the 1 cryptic post)
    I'm no longer on you.

Also Aventine sniped you.

Also no, the rapid-fire posting is me being like "HE'S CONTRIDICTING HIMSELF AND MUST BE-- Wait this actually is a pretty good post. Did I get it wrong?" You'll see me do that a lot whenever I'm processing through things.

Take it as you will.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Like okay, wait, why would I be worried about the flip if I was wolf?

I would ABSOLUTELY know that R_A flips town (Unless I'm bussing in which case I'm worried because my casing worked? That's weird.)

Like construct for me the world in which being worried about that flip is somehow a wolf-tell.
    "If I'm wolf I would know that the wagon I'm pushing is a mislynch. Why would I ever be worried about having pushed a mislynch as a wolf?"

Is that a serious question?

Am I the only one thinking that overall this feels exactly like blade in Craziest?

5. - Top - End - #95

"If I'm wolf I would know that the wagon I'm pushing is a mislynch. Why would I ever be worried about having pushed a mislynch as a wolf?"

Is that a serious question?

Am I the only one thinking that overall this feels exactly like blade in Craziest?
    Wolves jobs are to push mislynches.

If you're worried about doing that as wolf then idk what to say.
    Last edited by bladescape; 2021-08-12 at 07:03 AM.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

well it's not QT shenanigans, and usually the rolepost is sacred and so won't be spied on. This is why I cautioned against stating the win-con inside a QT. Only use it here in public.
    bastard mechanic. You don't call something "bastard" unless you're messing with something that wouldn't normally be, or shouldn't be, messed with.

- - - Updated - - -

Wolves jobs are to push mislynches.

If you're worried about doing that then idk what to say.
    Yes, it is the wolves' job to push mislynches. That means that if you are obviously pushing mislynches intentionally you are obviously a wolf.

Being worried about looking like you are intentionally pushing a mislynch is very much a wolf state of mind. Why are you trying to act like it isn't?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Yes, I know I should switch my vote. Stuff's finally happening quickly, I don't have much time and my internet's patchy. I should be able to catch up properly in about 3 hours or so.

Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #98

Yes, it is the wolves' job to push mislynches. That means that if you are obviously pushing mislynches intentionally you are obviously a wolf.

Being worried about looking like you are intentionally pushing a mislynch is very much a wolf state of mind. Why are you trying to act like it isn't?
    Yeah, sure, intentionally trying to avoid looking like you are pushing MISLYNCHES in particular. But what does "Pushing mislynches intentionally" Look like?

If I'm pushing someone (And inviting people to scrutinise me) I'm usually not going to be 100% unless I have something like a cop check.

Your argument basically hinges on town never doubting themselves, which is... not how it works.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Instead we have a lot of "maybe but other people can draw their own conclusions" which is advocating for Gac's flip without placing blame on themselves if Gac is exactly what they say they are.

You know what that sounds like? Wolfy agenda!
    "Wolves want to cause mislynches while doing so in a way that avoids them being blamed for it."

I am, literally, making the same argument that you did. That trying to cause a mislynch, while being worried about taking heat for causing a mislynch, is wolfy. That looking like you are preparing for a lynch to be a mislynch before the flip reveals whether or not the lynch was a mislynch is wolfy.

Townies aren't generally preoccupied with making sure they don't look bad due to a mislynch happening, even if they are doubting themselves. They are preoccupied with finding wolves.

My argument doesn't rely on town never doubting themselves, it relies on scum being more worried about looking bad due to being wrong than town.

10. - Top - End - #100

If that's your argument then I'm just going to move on. Because I was literally encouraging people to scrutinise me if R_A flipped town.

But at this point it's people arguing the interpretation of words. I've stated mine, you're allowed to take whatever opinion you want from it.

That being said, I'm leaving my vote on you until I find something else I think is wolf.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Never mind, I have some time now.

Anyway, yeah, I liked rogue_alchemist's response but... meh, sure I can switch off and rejoin closer to EOD if I have to. Going back to Apogee1 for reasons earlier covered (opportunistic fourth vote and coming back to say something pretty obvious and not give any thoughts). Anyone interested in joining me?

I'm inclined to say the bladescape/Aventine argument is TvT (if I'm wrong on that Aventine is more likely to be a wolf than bladescape). Which kind of implies town are fighting and wolves are just sitting back and watching.

The problem being it's hard to know who's a wolf watching town tear itself apart, who's busy IRL and who's just normally pretty quiet. Especially when there's probably an overlap between those categories.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2021-08-12 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Fixing grammar

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    I'm inclined to say the bladescape/Aventine argument is TvT (if I'm wrong on that Aventine is more likely to be a wolf than bladescape). Which kind of implies town are fighting and wolves are just sitting back and watching.

I'd be interested in hearing your reasoning for the bolded part.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Agreed with the first part, though I'd like it if you could explain the vote. That goes for you too, Aventine.

...I tempted fate by saying I wasn't dying today, didn't I?
    Mostly the temping fate, yes. Also because day is close to end and you were a wagon I knew had at least some votes.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

14. - Top - End - #104

since we seem to be moving votes, I'm good with voting Apogee1 for voting Snow, popping back in to comment on something else but not changing vote or pushing Snow or anything helpful.
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2021-08-12 at 12:16 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I'm fine being ignored and voting with the consensus. Though seriously, if anyone wants to have a QT set up with me or someone else, feel free to let me know. Beyond that my goal is to just stay alive until I have a solid chance at my win.
    If you're asking who wants you to select them for a QT, I'll ask that I'm one of the people. For you, I think it's better if you don't announce your plans out loud in case Wolves want to use that info.

I will direcly state I am just normal town (I pretty much said this in my analysis of gac) I am a ghost that AV came back and clarified was town in the second post of my QT. I assumed as much from the fluff, but I wasn't sure if it was part of the bastardy component of this game. As a hint, I think the win-con of the town ghosts can be used as a way to out a wolf. If you think you have someone cornered, and they insist they are town, have them reveal the win-con with only a few hours left as proof. I don't think the scum will be able to word it just right. This means that town shouldn't share the win-con in any created QTs.
    I was suspicious of Rogue's post a couple pages back, saying that his role indicated that he was clearly a Ghost and Town. This clarification is the same experience I had so I very much trust him as Town.

So, where does that leave my vote/opinions?

gac3 - With the number of people who have posted (and not counterclaimed) it's pretty safe to assume that gac is the Medium. By definition he is not a wolf.

Snowblaze - She's had absolutely no interest in self preservation this game. Leading wagon for most of the day and still targets people who have 0 or 1 votes against them. Doesn't seem like there's a team trying to protect her either: the only wagon to take the lead from her was rogue_alchemist and that fizzled pretty quick with people going right back to her. Off chance that Snow is partners with bladescape or Batcathat who joined the RA wagon and are still there or moved to someone other than Snow but I don't think that's the case.

rogue_alchemist - has felt town to me this game and with the clarification in his quote above I'm sure he is town.

Aventine - the recent conversation between Ave and blade doesn't give me much of an indication if either is Town/Wolf. Even if I don't agree with the bladescape wagon/case necessarily I like that Aventine made it and didn't just jump in line with one of the already made wagons.

Apogee1 - Apogee hasn't said much of anything: a sorta random vote on Snow (where it has been all day) and a post believing that gac is the medium. To me, this reads as someone who is happy with how the Day is going and doesn't want to rock the boat (bonus points for the most likely lynches being townreads to me).

Vote Count

Aventine (2): Book Wombat, bladescape
    Snowblaze (4): Supagoof, Apogee1, Murska, Aventine
    rogue_alchemist (3): Xihirli, gac3, Batcathat
    Apogee1 (3): Snowblaze, rogue_alchemist, CaoimhinTheCape

No vote: EmmyNecromancer

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

So the two top wagons and someone town reading the two top wagons are voting me.

Not a wolf driven push at all, I’m sure.

I’ve been pretty busy this day phase so haven’t gotten a chance to do a ton.

Snow continues to rub me the wrong way.

I like Aventine. Then again, I normally do.

Neutrals bore me but they should either be investigated or killed before endgame.

Rogue I have no opinion on outside of wagonomics.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Major town points to Caoimhin for the vote ;)

@Aventine I just townread bladescape more than you. I didn't really get your case on him, and beyond that there's a sort of gut sense that he's different to how he was in PJ/Craziest. It's one of those reads that's hard to put into words.

Apogee, I'd like it if you could elaborate on why I "rub you the wrong way".

Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    There are approximately 10 hours until EoD.
    I'm not 100% sure how this approximately works (as the post was made near dead middle of the hour, so I don't know if they are going for the half-hour as the time to end or if they are going to round one way or the other), but it was made 78 hours ago, so we have about 32 more hours to go.
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2021-08-12 at 10:18 AM. Reason: math is hard

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I'd like to play my "get out of death free" card and use it to summon another vote or two on Apogee.

gac3, I know you don't have much of a reason to help me out, but *puppy eyes* can you vote Apogee please?

I'm not going to vote rogue_alchemist unless I'm sure it's the only way for me to live.

My legacy if I do die is that rogue_alchemist/bladescape/Caoimhin are all town, Aventine is likely town, and don't let anyone get away with flying under the radar.

Not certain how available I'll be from here on out. Good luck, everyone.

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #110

Apogee1 (3):CaoimhinTheCape, rogue_alchemist, Snowblaze
    Snowblaze (4):Aventine, Murska, Apogee1, Supagoof
    Aventine (2): bladescape, Bookwombat
    rogue_alchemist (3):Batcathat, gac3, Xihirli

not voting: EmmyNecromancer

time left about 1 hour.

blade, you've been pretty active, how about joining me on the Apogee train (or wagon)? I really don't like that Murska Apogee1 and Supagoof all voted and haven't moved or said much and just bussed Snow pretty much the whole time. gac or Xi, if you get back on feel free to update your votes off of me to at least save Snow, if not to actively lynch Apogee1.

Snow don't feel bad for voting me. If you do, I'll join you and make sure it is not a tie that has to be resolved, as you seem more valuable than me at this point.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Apogee1 (3):CaoimhinTheCape, rogue_alchemist, Snowblaze
    Snowblaze (4):Aventine, Murska, Apogee1, Supagoof
    Aventine (2): bladescape, Bookwombat
    rogue_alchemist (3):Batcathat, gac3, Xihirli

not voting: EmmyNecromancer

time left about 1 hour.

blade, you've been pretty active, how about joining me on the Apogee train (or wagon)? I really don't like that Murska Apogee1 and Supagoof all voted and haven't moved or said much and just bussed Snow pretty much the whole time. gac or Xi, if you get back on feel free to update your votes off of me to at least save Snow, if not to actively lynch Apogee1.

Snow don't feel bad for voting me. If you do, I'll join you and make sure it is not a tie that has to be resolved, as you seem more valuable than me at this point.
    Wow. That's... quite the offer.

Would you be prepared to stake the game on my being town? Because I'm pretty close to that stage on you, I don't see a world in which a wolf ever makes that offer.

If you are, and if no-one else shows up to vote Apogee before EOD... I'd do it, if only because I'm going to be more active than you going forward (should return to normal midway through the night if I live).

Thank you.

(But seriously, someone please vote Apogee.)

Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #112

Wow. That's... quite the offer.

Would you be prepared to stake the game on my being town? Because I'm pretty close to that stage on you, I don't see a world in which a wolf ever makes that offer.

If you are, and if no-one else shows up to vote Apogee before EOD... I'd do it, if only because I'm going to be more active than you going forward (should return to normal midway through the night if I live).

Thank you.

(But seriously, someone please vote Apogee.)
    That is the gamble, but I know I won't be much benefit after EOD today, so I figure might as well at least let an active player through. I feel pretty strongly you are town, but I've been misled before, so I don't think others should let this influence their thoughts.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

That is the gamble, but I know I won't be much benefit after EOD today, so I figure might as well at least let an active player through. I feel pretty strongly you are town, but I've been misled before, so I don't think others should let this influence their thoughts.
    But the problem is if you die and flip town, I don't want people to turn around and kill me day two (like I snarled about earlier) because then your sacrifice will be in vain and town will be in LyLo which is even worse than me dying today.

(*insert pleading for someone to vote Apogee here*)

- - - Updated - - -

Okay. I'll give it twenty minutes, and if no-one's voted Apogee by then I'll vote you.

Honestly if that does end up happening I'd prefer to just let the RNG decide which of us does. If only to ease my own guilt.

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Hey I'm back. Apparently a thousand things are happening but I'm being asked to take my vote off of (one of the) the second place wagon(s) to save the leading wagon? No Lynch for the moment while I go back and read stuff.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

No, wait. Better idea. How about you self-vote, and I stay on Apogee? That way if no-one switches it goes to RNG, and whichever of us dies the other is 100% clear (since a wolf would try and switch last second).

Down for that?

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #116

No, wait. Better idea. How about you self-vote, and I stay on Apogee? That way if no-one switches it goes to RNG, and whichever of us dies the other is 100% clear (since a wolf would try and switch last second).

Down for that?
    sure rogue_alchemist. I haven't thought through if it works, so will go investigate, but sounds good at least.
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2021-08-12 at 12:22 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Well now I'm confused.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

sure rogue_alchemist. I haven't thought through if it works, so will go investigate, but sounds good at least.
    Thanks. Just promise you'll be around and switch to Apogee if someone else votes there (yes, Xihirli, that means you. Please.)

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #119

I'm not sure that saves you as much. Not that I want you to be lynched D2, but basically you just convinced me to put my neck on the line for a toss-up (which I haven't confirmed the tie lynch rule either). I guess wolf you would switch last minute to me and guarantee my lynch. So you are right, this will clear you.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Well now I'm confused.
    Rogue and I are the two leading wagons but townread each other. We need one more vote on Apogee so it can go to RNG between him and me. I'd really appreciate it if you could be that vote.

Extended Signature