A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 391

Thread: Afterlife

  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Sorry, are you saying BW is the town or the wolf in that group?

    (Also bladescape never voted Apogee, so presumably he didnít bus. Speaking of bladescape... itís your fault that we nearly killed rogue_alchemist who was town. I donít really care that much with the flip we did get, though.)
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 5
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 3
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 6

    I have no clue what Iím doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Sorry, are you saying BW is the town or the wolf in that group?

    (Also bladescape never voted Apogee, so presumably he didnít bus. Speaking of bladescape... itís your fault that we nearly killed rogue_alchemist who was town. I donít really care that much with the flip we did get, though.)
    Sorry. I missed the or wolf part. I think Emmy is the most likely wolf and BW town. But not much evidence.

    Oh crap. I thought he was the first to switch to Apogee. Did they switch to Aventine then? Oh. I thought they had switched from RA to Apogee. Now I'm less sure on any Bladescape reads.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    CaoimhinTheCape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Not an unexpected kill really, now you get to see the Ghost role gac (and Poltergeists).

    I don't see how Snowblaze is evil at this point, for starting the wagon on Apogee and with Apogee voting her.

    Under that logic, the main wagons on Day 1 (up until the end) were town (Snow) v town (Rogue). Bladescape's case against Rogue and the votes that followed don't seem likely to be the bad guys saving one another - just a different wagon that happened.

    Going to start analyzing the final wagons from the point of Snow, RA, and myself creating the Apogee wagon.

    Spoiler: Late Day Votes
    Show


    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Hey I'm back. Apparently a thousand things are happening but I'm being asked to take my vote off of (one of the) the second place wagon(s) to save the leading wagon? No Lynch for the moment while I go back and read stuff.
    Moves off of RA. Snow 4, Apogee 3, RA 2

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    sure rogue_alchemist. I haven't thought through if it works, so will go investigate, but sounds good at least.
    Snow 4, Apogee 2, RA 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Apogee, then. I suppose.
    Changes vote from Snowblaze to Apogee. If someone can explain how this is a Wolf move, good for you. Snow 3, Apogee 3, RA 3

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    alright switch me back to apogee1 then.
    Snow 3, Apogee 4, RA 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I don't quite get the case against Snow but hey I'm always down to kill the quiet. Apogee1.
    Hmm. Theoretically could be bussing? Xi's vote was at No Lynch but at 3 to 4, Snow isn't out of the running to be lynched yet. Snow 3, Apogee 5, RA 2

    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Haha that's funny. I totally unseriously told you there were seven hours left. Also I thought day was over? Sure. Apogee1

    I cannot wait to find out what the secret town win con is.
    Snow 3, Apogee 6, RA 2




    Town Lean
    Murska, Xihirli

    Tiny Town lean?
    bladescape

    Null Read
    Aventine

    Unsure
    Book Wombat
    EmmyNecromancer
    Supagoof
    Batcathat

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    gac3, could you claim who you created a QT between?

    I have some vague thoughts, but since Iím probably the clearest person alive itís probably counterproductive to state them straight away. So instead, I give you questions! Open to anyone, but particularly those who didnít vote Apogee yesterday.

    - do you think Apogee was bussed? Why/why not? If so, by who?
    - what are your reads on bladescape and Aventine, and why?
    - if you had to pick one town and one wolf in Batcathat/Book Wombat/Emmy/Supagoof, which would you choose and why?
    I don't think Apogee was bussed. We have one confirmed Town (RA), one confirmed Medium (gac). Snow is basically confirmed town for me (see above). Murska and Xi both vote at a time when Snow is still a viable lynch. Of the two, Xi's vote is later and is slightly more likely to be bussing but I doubt it. And me.



    Blade - if anything, minor town points for starting the wagon on RA. It generated discussion and from where I'm standing wasn't a ploy to save an ally. Wolves didn't need to stir things up then unless Snow is a Wolf.

    Aventine - Will have to read again, but the discussion between Ave and blade doesn't make me think one of them is necessarily a Wolf. So Neutral?



    As for the others, I don't have strong opinions one way or another. I think Emmy is a good wagon but we already have a couple votes there. I'll throw a vote on Book Wombat to start another wagon. Once I have more time I can take a look back and decide.







    Vote Count:

    EmmyNecromancer (2): gac3, Batcathat
    Book Wombat (1): CaoimhinTheCape

    No vote: Snowblaze
    No Posts: Aventine, Book Wombat, bladescape, EmmyNecromancer, Murska, Supagoof, Xihirli
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2021-08-15 at 10:02 AM. Reason: formatting around vote

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Also I agree with gac3 that there's probably a town QT role. I think the best use of it is to confirm themselves so if that role exists they could claim/post in the QT they created. Though I'm not the best at mechanics so if anyone disagrees then I'm not going to insist on it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Going to catch up on lost sleep now. See you all tomorrow!
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 5
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 3
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 6

    I have no clue what Iím doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    - do you think Apogee was bussed? Why/why not? If so, by who?
    - what are your reads on bladescape and Aventine, and why?
    - if you had to pick one town and one wolf in Batcathat/Book Wombat/Emmy/Supagoof, which would you choose and why?
    Not sure. I'll reread it tomorrow when I'm back home and should have more time. People seemed to jump to Apogee pretty quickly, so maybe?

    I'm leaning slightly towards town on bladescape and no idea about Aventine.

    I'd say Emmy as a wolf for the reasons I stated earlier and BW for town, though that's mostly gut feeling.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    one confirmed Medium (gac)
    While I do think gac is probably the medium, is it actually confirmed?

    I suppose he could confirm it in a QT, since it seems unlikely that the wolves would have another QT-creating power.

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Book Wombat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Vote on EmmyNecromancer on general suspicion.

    Hey, some people think I'm towny for some reason. That's nice.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-08-13 at 03:30 PM.
    Rule Number One: Worship cookies!
    Avatar by linklele!

    Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.

    Book Wombat's Extended Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Murska's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Whose eye is that eye?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Voting Supagoof as an alternative and as a bit of a poke.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    I'll help set up a possible second pressure wagon on Book Wombat.

    My interaction with blade yesterday felt exactly like my interactions with him in Craziest. Snow, you said he feels different to you than he did in Craziest. Sell me on that.


    On that topic:

    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Instead we have a lot of "maybe but other people can draw their own conclusions" which is advocating for Gac's flip without placing blame on themselves if Gac is exactly what they say they are.

    You know what that sounds like? Wolfy agenda!
    So rogue looks wolfy because he looks like he is trying to push a mislynch while at the same time trying to make it look like he wasn't pushing it (because he wants to avoid being blamed for it later).

    Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    "If I'm wolf I would know that the wagon I'm pushing is a mislynch. Why would I ever be worried about having pushed a mislynch as a wolf?"

    Is that a serious question?

    Am I the only one thinking that overall this feels exactly like blade in Craziest?
    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Wolves jobs are to push mislynches.

    If you're worried about doing that as wolf then idk what to say.
    And so now it doesn't make sense for a wolf to be worried about having pushed a mislynch. Despite that being the exact opposite of his earlier argument.

    Why is blade playing dumb here and pretending to either not understand my argument, or find it nonsensical, when he made the same argument earlier?

    Why is trying to push a mislynch while being worried about being blamed for it later "wolfy agenda" when it is someone else possibly doing it, but totally non-wolfy when it is blade possibly doing it?

    Why does a townie make that pivot? And put that much effort into trying to dodge my argument and discredit it by making it look like I am arguing something different than I am?


    Also, I swear there is a possible scum slip in one of Snow's posts. But it feels too ridiculous to actually have happened. I want to see if anyone else sees what I'm seeing before I even begin to make up my mind about what to think about it.
    Last edited by Aventine; 2021-08-15 at 07:04 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Afterlife

    The Emmy wagon is all well and good, but I'll follow up my FoS on Aventine for the Snowblaze pushing with no clear reasons.

    EDIT: Follow it up with a vote. Aventine.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-08-14 at 06:51 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Nobody else is gonna be right behind me, right now. Only Xihirli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    If Xi and I agree some more, I will start to doubt my own alignment!
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Eh?

    I voted snow to get a wagon going because I value getting pressure wagons going quickly on D1.

    That's...what I always do.

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Update on my win con: Doing the math, I think I am on track to win by the end of night 3.

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Update on me:
    Had vax dose 1 yesterday. Wiped out today. Will try and get on later.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Update on me:
    Had vax dose 1 yesterday. Wiped out today. Will try and get on later.
    Well in the spirit of supporting those decisions I will not vote Blade today. Honestly I probably wasn't going to anyways. But people should talk more.

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Hey, if you want to keep killing the quiet that has so far been a winning strategy.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Nobody else is gonna be right behind me, right now. Only Xihirli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    If Xi and I agree some more, I will start to doubt my own alignment!
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmyNecromancer View Post
    Ok, based on what AvatarVecna said, Poltergeists are like the wolves, and Ghosts, like me, are like the town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    I somehow feel the "like me" part is a bit suspicious.
    Same. That post is kinda meeh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Rest in piece, rogue. I was kind of expecting to die myself. (Also that now ruins the win-con gambit he suggested. Never mind, weíre in a pretty good position anyway.)

    gac3, could you claim who you created a QT between?

    I have some vague thoughts, but since Iím probably the clearest person alive itís probably counterproductive to state them straight away. So instead, I give you questions! Open to anyone, but particularly those who didnít vote Apogee yesterday.

    - do you think Apogee was bussed? Why/why not? If so, by who?
    - what are your reads on bladescape and Aventine, and why?
    - if you had to pick one town and one wolf in Batcathat/Book Wombat/Emmy/Supagoof, which would you choose and why?

    And yeah, Emmy, you really need to explain the Medium thing at this point. (I actually have a theory about that, but itís kind of reachy and Iíd rather wait to see what she says.)

    Iíll probably go through Apogee interactions tomorrow, but I donít think weíre likely to get much on those who didnít vote him with his being quiet and the wagon being rather last-minute.
    I don't think he was bussed. It kinda came out of no-where. Usually bussing is more "premeditated" than that.

    I think Bladescape is the worst scum ever, should be voted asap.

    Aventine I thnk is still rand!wolf but I'm more on balance on that now.

    Wolf: Emmy
    Town: Book Wombat

    Others are kinda neutral.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Sorry, are you saying BW is the town or the wolf in that group?

    (Also bladescape never voted Apogee, so presumably he didnít bus. Speaking of bladescape... itís your fault that we nearly killed rogue_alchemist who was town. I donít really care that much with the flip we did get, though.)
    Eh. The game was dead and you were on the block.

    R_A both saved you and ended up being flipped into a wolf wagon.

    Also the wagon ON R_A was what made him obvious town.

    So I have no regrets that I lead a wagon on town!R_A.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    I'll help set up a possible second pressure wagon on Book Wombat.

    My interaction with blade yesterday felt exactly like my interactions with him in Craziest. Snow, you said he feels different to you than he did in Craziest. Sell me on that.


    On that topic:



    So rogue looks wolfy because he looks like he is trying to push a mislynch while at the same time trying to make it look like he wasn't pushing it (because he wants to avoid being blamed for it later).




    And so now it doesn't make sense for a wolf to be worried about having pushed a mislynch. Despite that being the exact opposite of his earlier argument.

    Why is blade playing dumb here and pretending to either not understand my argument, or find it nonsensical, when he made the same argument earlier?

    Why is trying to push a mislynch while being worried about being blamed for it later "wolfy agenda" when it is someone else possibly doing it, but totally non-wolfy when it is blade possibly doing it?

    Why does a townie make that pivot? And put that much effort into trying to dodge my argument and discredit it by making it look like I am arguing something different than I am?


    Also, I swear there is a possible scum slip in one of Snow's posts. But it feels too ridiculous to actually have happened. I want to see if anyone else sees what I'm seeing before I even begin to make up my mind about what to think about it.
    Because my point was about someone who was intentionally dusting blame off themselves before the flip.

    Which is an entirely different situation to my push.

    "(others are free to draw their own conclusions)" - Rogue's push was pre-checked with the implication that others conclusions were their responsibility.

    I was actively saying "If this is wrong scrutinise me."

    I'm not saying you should townread me for that, but to equate the two is kinda disingenuous.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Well in the spirit of supporting those decisions I will not vote Blade today. Honestly I probably wasn't going to anyways. But people should talk more.
    I prefer there are other reasons you don't vote me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Emmythenecromancer

    Please explain the D1 Medium statement.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Supagoof. More wagons on quiet people, more information!

    Could someone who put Book Wombat as town please explain why? I donít really get those reads.

    bladescape, I was only joking about blaming you for the rogue wagon, because I said I would if you were wrong. Also Emmy doesnít have a ďtheĒ in her name.

    Aventine... itís hard to put into words. Mostly a gut read. My townread on bladescape is a little less confident than yesterday, but thatís more because I now have stronger townreads than because of anything heís done.

    In Craziest he felt... thereís a sort of playful cockiness that isnít really here in the same way this game. And also the really sarcastic responses to your points against him there, which Iím pretty sure I remember him doing against AV in Percy Jackson.

    ...this is nowhere near locktown, my confidence is pretty low. Iím just hoping once we have a few more flips I can get a better idea about him.

    Also, Iím working under the assumption that we have two wolves left and gac3 is the only neutral. Does anyone disagree with that?
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 5
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 3
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 6

    I have no clue what Iím doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Book Wombat being one of the first to point out Emmy's statement of "Like me" with the "Ghosts" part is kinda good look.

    But like your read on me, it's anything but strong.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Yo.

    I'm going to vote snowblaze for giving a townread to Cao for something incredibly NAI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    So the two top wagons and someone town reading the two top wagons are voting me.

    Not a wolf driven push at all, Iím sure.

    Iíve been pretty busy this day phase so havenít gotten a chance to do a ton.

    Snow continues to rub me the wrong way.

    I like Aventine. Then again, I normally do.

    Neutrals bore me but they should either be investigated or killed before endgame.

    Rogue I have no opinion on outside of wagonomics.
    The grand total of our flipped wolfís posts.

    I kind of thought earlier on day one that first post might indicate that Caoimhin was Apogeeís partner - Apogee would have TMI my read was wrong - but Caoimhin is my strongest townread at this point so not going to put any weight into that.

    *shrug* the Aventine townread probably doesnít mean much.

    Thatís the problem with killing low posters - even if they flip wolf they donít give you much to go on!

    - - - Updated - - -

    EmmyNecromancer 4 (gac3, Batcathat, Book Wombat, bladescape)
    Book Wombat 2 (CaoimhinTheCape, Aventine)
    Supagoof 2 (Murska, Snowblaze)
    Aventine 1 (Xihirli)
    Not posted: EmmyNecromancer, Supagoof
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 5
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 3
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 6

    I have no clue what Iím doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Aventine, can I get your thoughts on Emmy please?
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 5
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 3
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 6

    I have no clue what Iím doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Okay. I wasn't given permission per se. But the one that didn't give me permission also posted twice without saying "I'd rather you not say" so I'm taking that as permission.

    I made a QT with Cape and Blade.

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    CaoimhinTheCape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Don't have much time right now but I can verify that gac3 has been talking to us. That's why I was confident he's medium at this point.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Yeah, I'm okay stabbing Supagoof. One more knife in the knife holster that is his spine.
    If you're quiet, you die!
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Nobody else is gonna be right behind me, right now. Only Xihirli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    If Xi and I agree some more, I will start to doubt my own alignment!
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Aventine, can I get your thoughts on Emmy please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Hopefully someone has something more solid to go on but for now I agree that EmmyNecromancer at least has some explaining to do.

    In addition to her weird first post and her very "Oh, by the way I'm totally Town" second post, didn't Emmy claim very early in the last couple of games? Not doing it this game doesn't mean anything on it's own but it seems worth pointing out.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmyNecromancer View Post
    Ok, based on what AvatarVecna said, Poltergeists are like the wolves, and Ghosts, like me, are like the town.
    Emmy looks like Emmy. That feels like a null read, and I'm not seeing any reason to have any other sort of read here. Pressure is good. Thinking she is a wolf based on her two posts isn't. We need something more than "she made a kinda weird post" or "she usually claims early, but didn't this game, and I don't like how she claimed in her second post."




    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Aventine... itís hard to put into words. Mostly a gut read. My townread on bladescape is a little less confident than yesterday, but thatís more because I now have stronger townreads than because of anything heís done.

    In Craziest he felt... thereís a sort of playful cockiness that isnít really here in the same way this game. And also the really sarcastic responses to your points against him there, which Iím pretty sure I remember him doing against AV in Percy Jackson.
    For me the biggest thing is the amount of time spent intentionally missing my point and arguing in circles, always trying to distract attention away from my actual point. It's good strategy for a wolf, but it's not really a townie state of mind to be in. Especially for someone who is insisting that they are welcoming scrutiny upon themselves.

    Go back and look at this again:

    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    "If I'm wolf I would know that the wagon I'm pushing is a mislynch. Why would I ever be worried about having pushed a mislynch as a wolf?"

    Is that a serious question?

    Am I the only one thinking that overall this feels exactly like blade in Craziest?
    Wolves jobs are to push mislynches.

    If you're worried about doing that as wolf then idk what to say.
    Then go back and look at his ISO of rogue. One of his arguments is that rogue looks like he is trying to avoid blame for having pushed a mislynch. When I suggest that blade looks like he is worried about being blamed for pushing a mislynch, he completely avoids that line of reasoning, plays dumb, and questions why a wolf would be worried about having pushed a mislynch when that's what wolves want/need to do. I'm making the same underlying argument he made a little earlier, and he's pretending not to understand it and trying to make it look like a nonsensical argument by misrepresenting it. Give me one reason a townie would ever do that. I can buy a newbie not understanding the logic behind the argument, or something along those lines. But he's not a newbie. And he clearly understands the logic behind the argument, having used it himself.

    It's the same pattern of intentionally misunderstanding my post to try to dodge the argument against him that he did repeatedly in Craziest.(Here he ignores my point that it looks like there is a disconnect between what he is saying and what he is doing, and shifts the argument to about whether multiple pressure wagons is a good thing. Here I imply that he wasn't actually pressure voting, and was just using that as an excuse to switch his vote for some other reason, and he responds by...explaining how pressure votes work. Cool. Here I again accuse him of not actually trying to pressure, but only of using that as an excuse and he insists that it is fine to try to start a new wagon. Except that he had put zero effort whatsoever into convincing other people to join the wagon. A random vote off the leading wagons without any attempt to persuade others to join you isn't a pressure vote. He goes from trying to dodge the criticism by insisting he was pressure voting to dropping the claim that he was pressure voting and acting like I'm wrong to criticize him for making a throw-away vote off the wagons that won't impact anything.)



    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Because my point was about someone who was intentionally dusting blame off themselves before the flip.

    Which is an entirely different situation to my push.

    "(others are free to draw their own conclusions)" - Rogue's push was pre-checked with the implication that others conclusions were their responsibility.

    I was actively saying "If this is wrong scrutinise me."

    I'm not saying you should townread me for that, but to equate the two is kinda disingenuous.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I lead the charge, I take the blame.

    I WILL ADD A CAVEAT.

    I just realised he could be another Neutral. Which would explain the TMI and the approach as well.

    Can you clarify Rogue?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Props to Gac and Snow for picking up the other neutral angle when I was making my tunnel.
    "IF THE WAGON IS A MISLYNCH BLAME ME, I CAN TAKE IT! (loljk, I might be wrong though)"

    He's being more subtle than he accused rogue of being, but he is introducing the idea that he might be a tunneling townie. But I'll admit it could also be genuine. Snow prompts that he'd be blamed, he accepts that. But even as a wolf, he'd have to, trying to dodge blame would be too obvious. Then he comes up with an excuse to not be blamed anyway. And in later posts he makes way too big a deal out of how he accepted blame.

    It doesn't look like a townie train of thought. A townie responds to Snow there with a shrug and a "yeah, if I'm wrong then my bad, but it's a D1 read, realistically there is a very good chance it's wrong." Not with "ok, I'll take the blame. Except not. See! See! Everyone look! I'm totally accepting blame! I totally can't be a wolf, huh?!"

    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Eh. Whatever. It's better than targetting someone because I could not understand what they typed. And it helps give us a target for tomorrow. Rogue Alchemist
    How does it help give us a target for tomorrow?

    Are you indicating you think R_A flips town and you'll go after me? If you think R_A flips town, find another person who has more scum equity for you, I guarantee I'll listen to other arguments. Town doesn't win from me seeing something I find wolfy and tunnelling.

    Of course, but then you have claimed the neutralest neutral role, so I don't know what I expect from you.
    This is terrible. The assumption that gac means he'll go after blade if rogue is mislynched is bad. It suggests that what is particularly salient on blade's mind is being blamed for rogue being mislynched. I get that Snow just said that. But a townie isn't really worried and doesn't dwell on that. Like, if nothing else why go straight to assuming rogue will flip town? Why not think that gac thinks rogue is tied to someone, thus rogue flipping scum gives us leads on scumbuddies?

    Then the rest is trying to avoid blame for a rogue mislynch. What is the difference between blade saying "don't just follow me, decide for yourself who you think is wolfy." And rogue saying the exact same thing? This reads like making an argument for why people shouldn't go after blade if/when rogue flips town. Despite how much blade is going on about being willing to take the blame, here he is saying that "town doesn't win" by following him. That if rogue is town, the mislynch is everyone else's fault for tunneling due to his read. He is preemptively trying to set up an argument to dodge heat from a rogue mislynch. This is what he called rogue wolfy for doing. And he's an even worse offender than rogue was.

    I mean, I'll totally admit that this by itself isn't 100%. For one thing rogue was town. But how blade handled things later on makes it worse. It's all dodging. He puts so much effort into insisting that he welcomed pressure. He knows that what he did here is wolfy and needs to shift attention away.

    On the whole, this post is written from a state of mind of knowing that the rogue lynch is bad. There is PIS/TMI/whatever acronym we're using now on assuming rogue will flip town instead of scum. Then preemptively making a case for why the mislynch isn't his fault. The dodging and Craziest-esque behavior that follows makes it so much worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I am always wary of people implying they know how a person will flip. Keeping my eye on you.

    Though in reality if no one else claims Medium you're pretty much perma-clear as Neutral so idk why I am.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also if this flips wrong I welcome town to pressure or look closely at me. You should never let people lead town without scrutiny UNLESS they're cleared.

    Side note: If R_A flips neutral I don't consider that a wrong flip so I refuse to allow people to pressure me in that case.
    I'm suspicious of you, but loljk no I'm not because you're a neutral. Empty pseudo-analysis.

    Then insisting he should get pressure if rogue flips town. Honestly, it's overcompensating; it doesn't ring genuine. It doesn't feel like a natural development from the previous post trying to avoid blame. It feels more like someone who realized they were a bit too obvious earlier and so now need to go the opposite way. It's also not really a townie state of mind. D1 reads are wrong all the time. If someone were able to be right more often then not D1 they'd be a mafia god. Having been wrong D1 doesn't make someone wolfy. Having been the one to propose/push a mislynch D1 doesn't make someone wolfy. It's pretty NAI. Maybe even town-leaning (depending on context and other details surrounding it) since wolves might be more of a mind to sit back and not take risks if they don't need to. If a townie is wrong D1, then ok sure: the sun also rises in the east and sets in the west. A wolf is spending a lot more time thinking about the consequences to themselves from pushing a bad wagon D1 than a townie is. And blade is spending a fair amount of time thinking about that. He is clever enough to start trying to push the idea that he isn't trying to dodge blame. But that doesn't erase the fact that he did try to dodge blame. If anything it makes that fact worse.


  24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Afterlife

    ...right. Thanks for putting that together, Aventine. Iím going to need a while to properly digest that and reread yesterday with it in mind.


    I would like to state Iím probably not going to want to kill bladescape today, regardless. I think itís better that we focus more on the quiet players.
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 5
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 3
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 6

    I have no clue what Iím doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    ...right. Thanks for putting that together, Aventine. Iím going to need a while to properly digest that and reread yesterday with it in mind.


    I would like to state Iím probably not going to want to kill bladescape today, regardless. I think itís better that we focus more on the quiet players.
    I can get behind that. If I'm going to get a knife in the back, I want it to punctuate some conversation rather than silence.

    Also I need to kill people who don't have QTs. Or have everyone survive until I get everyone.

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    I'm not going to talk about my Craziest play as that was entirely based around trying to discredit Aventine's reads that game. That analysis is fine.

    The difference in the arguments for this game is that every post that they're bringing up they admit themselves isn't wolfy in and of itself. (This is fine on its own/This by itself isn't 100%) I don't know why you particularly have me on the mind but eh.

    Also I re-iterate the "Scrutinise me" because I have been in the habit of creating wagons as both sides. I want town to never let anyone making wagons walk away without scrutiny as for why.

    Also also I still categorically disagree with this idea that my statements can be equated with what I pointed out about R_A.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Just going to go through Aventine's various bladescape cases and take them point by point.

    Spoiler: bladescape and Aventine's case analysis
    Show


    On not liking bladescape's "I would have loved to be a wolf"... there are people who would enjoy playing wolf three times in a row. bladescape picking scum in Crazy Idea having just been a wolf would indicate he could be one of those people. But the context it was made in feels a little... incongruous? The post he was quoting was only vaguely referencing his being a wolf, and not in the way I'd expect to prompt that sort of response.

    On "being worried while trying to look like they're not worried"... yeah, I definitely disagree on that one. I read those posts as self-doubt which isn't necessarily wolfy. Sure, wolf!blade could be worried that he's going to look bad on a town!rogue flip but that's the risk you take when you hard push town as a wolf.

    96 - yes, it is a wolfy state of mind but it's also... I feel like you're the one who's missing bladescape's point rather than the other way round.

    bladescape: "Why would a wolf be worried about pushing a mislynch?"
    Aventine: "being worried about looking like you're pushing a mislynch is wolfy"

    Because yes, those things are wolfy, but the way I'm seeing things they're... not what bladescape is doing.

    I can... kind of see your point about bladescape avoiding your point about looking like he's trying to avoid blame. He only really addresses it indirectly.

    I don't really agree that the arguments are the same, because again you haven't really proved that bladescape is worried about pushing a mislynch, you just quoted a few of his posts and said they showed that. I don't think he's really misrepresenting your argument.

    I don't see that "rogue could be a neutral" is an excuse to avoid the blame. It could be, but there's also no reason why it couldn't be a genuine thought. Especially since I also had that thought.

    The assumption of "gac3 will go after bladescape if rogue flips town" isn't completely unjustified imo, I could see how town would have that thought.

    (I have far too many tabs open trying to cross-reference stuff here!)

    ...meh, rogue and bladescape are saying the same things but... I feel like there's a difference in contexts? (Although bladescape was wrong on saying it was wolfy from rogue!)

    The "I would suspect you if you weren't a neutral" isn't wolfy imo, I used it myself in Craziest Idea ("But you were a Serial Killer in Craziest Idea!" Yeah, I know, but most of what I was doing the first two days was still genuine solving.)

    The overcompensating thing is *shrug* I can kind of see it but it's not really something I put a lot of weight on.


    tl;dr there are some good points in there, but there are also things I strongly disagree with. Could bladescape be a wolf? Sure. Does this case make him a wolf? I don't think so.

    Note one: I definitely don't think you're a wolf for this case. There's part of me that's saying "wolves need to mislynch bladescape if he's town" but another part is saying "this makes a lot of sense coming from town!Aventine". Plus the fact you were pushing him from yesterday when the gamestate was very different, and you couldn't have been trying to defend your partner rogue because he's flipped town.

    Note two: I don't really want to get into a long debate about this, it'll let the Quiet Ones get away with flying under the radar. I'm fine to agree to differ and hopefully things will resolve themselves/we'll get more information before we have to make a final decision on whether he needs to die.

    - - - Updated - - -

    bladescape, once you've finished digesting my wall, what do you make of Aventine's point on Emmy? Who do you think her partner is if she's a wolf?
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 5
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 3
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 6

    I have no clue what Iím doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Btw, yes Aventine is town.

    As irritating as the "You were saying this" argument is when I don't agree it was what I was saying, the case and process that Aventine has put in is not one I'd expect from a wolf.

    Emmy being kinda NAI is a fine take from Aventine, but I think the wording itself is worth pushing for pressure. I don't know if I want to flip Emmy at this point, but pressure and posts from them is more likely for us to find them town if they are town, if that makes sense?

    - - - Updated - - -

    As for partners, assuming 2 living wolves I'd say something along the lines of Supa.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    CaoimhinTheCape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Spoiler: Batcathat
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I want to disagree with this but we kind of have screwed each other over in the last couple of games, haven't we? (Okay, so "can't be converted to my cult" isn't really something you can or should be blamed for but still. )

    Voting for someone who screwed me over does seem more fun than randomly so let's go with Book Wombat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I ended up being rather busy (I traveled by boat, train and automobile, did someone cast me in a Steve Martin sequel?) but hopefully I should be able to be more active by D2 or so.

    Not a lot to go on, but I suppose that's to be expected D1. Blade's case seems like the most sold-ish one, so let's say rogue_alchemist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze
    Having said that it's kind of entertaining that Batcathat is currently screwing me over just by not voting for me.
    My thoughts exactly. I'm really hoping that you're a wolf, so I can weaponize my ability to accidentally screw with you but with my normal luck I'll probably get you killed and find out you're some really important town role.


    Spoiler: Book Wombat
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Random vote to Aventine. I wish everyone a good game! I'll probably won't be able to post much as I'm on a trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Hey, it's not my fault you chose to be cult .
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Wombat, any thoughts on your random vote gaining traction?
    Muahahaha!!!
    Otherwise not really.


    Spoiler: EmmyNecromancer
    Show


    Quote Originally Posted by EmmyNecromancer View Post
    Ok, I'll admit to being less active than usual due to school. I don't have any information to say, but the Medium might repeat it the next night.


    Spoiler: Supagoof
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Wow - first game back and y'all get right to pointing. Um - Snowblaze? - only because of the vote for Batcathat didn't get an auto - "I'll retaliate and vote right back at you" response which indicates some sort of cohesion between the two, but flimsy logic on my part at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Because I didn't want to start a bandwagon of course.

    Also - who's OMGUS? (Not on the player list....) Or is that some acronym I'm not familiar with? (It's been about a decade since I last played. )

    @V - Oh, a purely spiteful vindictive vote. Gotcha.



    So, these are the posts from Day 1, there's nothing really jumping out at me as particularly townie or wolfy. Maybe points against batcathat for voting a confirmed townie in RA but ehh.


    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Hopefully someone has something more solid to go on but for now I agree that EmmyNecromancer at least has some explaining to do.

    In addition to her weird first post and her very "Oh, by the way I'm totally Town" second post, didn't Emmy claim very early in the last couple of games? Not doing it this game doesn't mean anything on it's own but it seems worth pointing out.
    This post comes across as reasonable to me - we're all focusing on the same few players right now and this is giving what little explanation someone can for the vote.

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze
    - do you think Apogee was bussed? Why/why not? If so, by who?
    - what are your reads on bladescape and Aventine, and why?
    - if you had to pick one town and one wolf in Batcathat/Book Wombat/Emmy/Supagoof, which would you choose and why?
    Not sure. I'll reread it tomorrow when I'm back home and should have more time. People seemed to jump to Apogee pretty quickly, so maybe?

    I'm leaning slightly towards town on bladescape and no idea about Aventine.

    I'd say Emmy as a wolf for the reasons I stated earlier and BW for town, though that's mostly gut feeling.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape
    one confirmed Medium (gac)
    While I do think gac is probably the medium, is it actually confirmed?

    I suppose he could confirm it in a QT, since it seems unlikely that the wolves would have another QT-creating power.
    Kinda like the comment about not knowing gac is medium for sure? Wolves have extra knowledge and would know gac isn't one of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Vote on EmmyNecromancer on general suspicion.

    Hey, some people think I'm towny for some reason. That's nice.
    Curious about your answers to Snow's questions.




    In response to Ave/blade I can see Ave's argument a bit more but I've landed with Snow in thinking that it's not enough to warrant a case or vote on blade.


    Happy with my vote where it is I guess, mostly wanna see what Emmy and Supa have to say.





    Vote Count:

    EmmyNecromancer (4): gac3, Batcathat, Book Wombat, bladescape
    Book Wombat (2): CaoimhinTheCape, Aventine
    Supagoof (3): Murska, Snowblaze, Xihirli
    Not posted: EmmyNecromancer, Supagoof

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Afterlife

    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I'm not going to talk about my Craziest play as that was entirely based around trying to discredit Aventine's reads that game. That analysis is fine.

    The difference in the arguments for this game is that every post that they're bringing up they admit themselves isn't wolfy in and of itself. (This is fine on its own/This by itself isn't 100%) I don't know why you particularly have me on the mind but eh.

    Also I re-iterate the "Scrutinise me" because I have been in the habit of creating wagons as both sides. I want town to never let anyone making wagons walk away without scrutiny as for why.

    Also also I still categorically disagree with this idea that my statements can be equated with what I pointed out about R_A.
    Not every post I bring up. Some of them. Early on. The flow here is you said some stuff that was suspicious but not 100% guaranteed to make you a wolf. So I poked at it, and your reaction convinced me you were a wolf. Why are you incorrectly claiming that I said that about "every post"?

    And you can "categorically disagree" with anything you want, but that doesn't make me wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Since we know for sure you are not town, and since *I* think you are not the medium (others are free to draw their own conclusions), I am going to sit with my vote you on for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    If you think R_A flips town, find another person who has more scum equity for you, I guarantee I'll listen to other arguments. Town doesn't win from me seeing something I find wolfy and tunnelling.
    What is the difference between rogue saying that others are free to draw their own conclusions rather than following him, and you saying that people should vote for who they think has the most scum equity rather than following you?

    "Categorically disagree" with whatever you want, but first please explain what the difference here that I'm not seeing is.


    Snow's analysis is weird, I'm gonna just hit a few points...

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    96 - yes, it is a wolfy state of mind but it's also... I feel like you're the one who's missing bladescape's point rather than the other way round.
    How exactly?

    In the post I quoted he said that wolves want to cause mislynches. Yeah, I never, at any point in the game, suggested otherwise. Iím not missing his point, Iím saying his point isnít relevant to my accusations. And Iím going further and saying that I think he is bringing up an irrelevant point intentionally as a distraction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    I don't really agree that the arguments are the same, because again you haven't really proved that bladescape is worried about pushing a mislynch, you just quoted a few of his posts and said they showed that.
    That...thatís how the game works. I canít pop open his skull, scoop out his brains and point to where he is thinking this or that. I canít ďproveĒ exactly what he was thinking. I have to pull quotes and try to fit the puzzle together. Youíre saying Iím wrong and havenít made a strong enough case, but are avoiding actually addressing my case. Where am I wrong? Which quotes don't show what I'm saying they show. How should they be interpreted instead? ďWell, you pulled some quotes and built an argument with them. But youíre wrongĒ is saying nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    I don't think he's really misrepresenting your argument.
    Look back at post 96. I had argued that he was worried about being blamed for causing a mislynch and he responds that wolves try to cause mislynches. I wasn't arguing otherwise.


    And I'll probably drop it here. There isn't much more to be said; things are already really going in circles. Barring someone new coming in with a radically different perspective everything looks like it's on the table. But I am convinced blade is a wolf, and will continue to try to kill him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •