ElfPirate

Default The Midnight Gambol of Erevan Ilesere

The Midnight Gambol of Erevan Ilesere: Elven High Magic Spell

Conjuration (Summoning)
    Spellcraft DC: 165
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 2 minutes
    Range: 3 mile radius
    Effect: Conjures up a temporary elven Mythal for 12 hours.
    Duration: 12 consecutive hours (D)
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: None

This very rare Elven High Magic spell is known to only a handful of divine casters, currently in the name of Erevan Ilesere in Faerun. First is Curudin Ahmaquissar; Moon Elf High Mischiefmaker and Chosen of Erevan Ilesere in Silverymoon. Second is Fryndalith Fallingstar; Star Elf Queen of Siildiyurii's western foothills. Third is Zarrathadath Witherwindle; Lord Deception of the Copper elves of The Star Mounts. Fourth is Shanathalil Le'Quell; Gold elf Lady of The Knaves of The Missing Page, and Divine Prankster of The Ardeep Forest. Fifth is the mysterious Wild elf Favored Soul known as "Spiral", who haunts the Shilmista forest.

Only the most devoted divine casters can begin to understand this Epic High Elven spell. Once cast, the spell spreads out to a 3 mile shell in height and width. It lasts for 12 hours. From Midnight to 12 noon the following morning. During this twilight time the caster can invoke up to 6 defensive spells that they already know as a free action at any point they wish on command without taxing their spell casting limits for the day. The caster can also invoke 6 spells that can buff or de-buff allies or foes freely for the entire 12 hours.. Finally, this spell allows you to converse with all Fey creatures at a +10 Charisma check.

Effects:

*Creatures within the temporary Mythal that are invited or friendly gain a +5 bonus to Charisma, Willpower, and Dexterity rolls. Enemies make the same rolls at -10 within the boundaries of the Gambol.

*You select your drink of choice at the end of the spell and that particular drink will refill all glasses that remain inside the borders of the Gambol for the duration of the spell.

*The Gambol itself calls to any follower of Erevan Ilesere with bravado and stealth to play a prank on a lawful person and cause chaos as if under a greater Guise spell. (You can avoid this with a one time only DC20 Will save)

*You can summon up to five 10'th level Treants during the duration of the 12 hours the spell lasts to act as guardians or messengers.

*The Midnight Gambol beckons all Fey creatures within 3 miles to gather at the epicenter of the celebration. No saving throw included. Magic resistance is at -5 for this effect for the duration of their stay in The Gambol against their will.

*A +5 divine bonus to all attack and critical hit rolls made on enemies inside the Gambol, Caster decides who enemies are.

*All creatures inside the perimeter of the Gambol that are friendly to the elven pantheon gain a +5 luck bonus to all leadership skills.

*In the event of an enemy, the caster can choose to implode the combined energy and power of the Gambol and spell to deal certain death on a single or multiple targets. Any hostile being of 10HD or under is slain immediately within 2 miles of the implosion. Any creature of 15HD or under gets a Fortitude Saving throw (DC50) at a -5 penalty. Any creature of 20HD or greater gets a saving throw as normal or is slain by the chaotic energies of the elven god of chaos. This event ends the Midnight Gambol immediately and all benefits no longer exist.

*All creatures within the boundaries of the Gambol are compelled to
    drink and feast at a -2 to willpower saves.

*All 0 level spells are treated as 2 levels higher when cast by anyone within the gambol.

*Any enchantment spell you may cast has a 15% chance of rebounding on the caster within the Gambol.

*Any Illusion spell you may cast has a 25% chance of failure within the borders of the Gambol.

*All Clerics of trickster deities that celebrate the Gambol are empowered with Damage reduction/ magic while under this high magic spell.

*All creatures within the Gambol receive a +2 luck bonus on all Fortitude saves.

*There is a 5% chance that the Avatar of Erevan Ilesere himself will show up and bless the Gambol as the DM sees fit.

*There is a 2% chance that a LeShay will appear and try to take over your job as the spell-caster. (In which a fight ensues.)

I can use some help on this, so all and any suggestions are welcomed. Thank you.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Midnight Gambol of Erevan Ilesere

Where are the epic spell construction costs? Seeds, factors and mitigating factors and so on.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by redking View Post
    Where are the epic spell construction costs? Seeds, factors and mitigating factors and so on.
    Man, good question. That stuff is all written on aged paper by now. I'm sure I have it somewhere. I just posted the spell as it is to be used or learned I suppose. As far as being created... I guess just do the math from the Epic Level Handbook, and then incorporate 3.5 rules.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by CopperElfCleric View Post
    Man, good question. That stuff is all written on aged paper by now. I'm sure I have it somewhere. I just posted the spell as it is to be used or learned I suppose. As far as being created... I guess just do the math from the Epic Level Handbook, and then incorporate 3.5 rules.
    Fixed the Treant thing.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

ElfPirate

Now a 3 mile radius.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by redking View Post
    CEC kind of has an....interesting grasp of 3.5 rules. He posted this on another forum and asked for help to calculate the DC because he didn't know how.

This was the DC I roughly calculated based on a previous version of the spell:

Factors: reduce casting time by 8 minutes (+160 DC), increase area to 3 miles (+316 DC), force creatures into unreasonable course of action (+10 DC), summon 5 CR 10 creatures (+130 DC), -5 SR (+20 DC), bond ignores language restrictions (+4 DC), compulsion has no saving throw (ad hoc +40 DC), divine bonus to attack rolls (+30 DC), divine bonus to damage (+30 DC), luck bonus to Fort save (+12 DC), luck bonus to leadership (ad hoc +30 DC), bonus to ability score checks (+114 DC), increase penalty to -10 (+16 DC), increase save by +25 (+50 DC), no save for creatures below 10 HD (ad hoc +20 DC), -5 penalty to saves below 15 HD (ad hoc +10 DC), increase DR to 20/magic (+38 DC), caster level increase (ad hoc +8 DC), 12 hour duration (+720 DC); Mitigating factors: compulsion only affects specific patron deity (ad hoc -4 DC), compulsion only affects specific creature type (ad hoc -4 DC), penalty only affects Will save (ad hoc -4 DC), CL bonus only affects cantrips (ad hoc -10 DC)

Mythal: vanguard spell 6/day (14850 gp), arointed schools (40 000 gp), prevalent spell (create food and water) (60 000 gp) = +115 DC

Amusingly enough, that Curudin fellow who supposedly knows the spell can't actually cast it. CEC once statted him out; he has a spellcraft of +17 and no epic spellcasting.
    Last edited by LordofBones; 2021-09-05 at 02:05 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordofBones View Post
    CEC kind of has an....interesting grasp of 3.5 rules. He posted this on another forum and asked for help to calculate the DC because he didn't know how.

This was the DC I roughly calculated based on a previous version of the spell:

Factors: reduce casting time by 8 minutes (+160 DC), increase area to 3 miles (+316 DC), force creatures into unreasonable course of action (+10 DC), summon 5 CR 10 creatures (+130 DC), -5 SR (+20 DC), bond ignores language restrictions (+4 DC), compulsion has no saving throw (ad hoc +40 DC), divine bonus to attack rolls (+30 DC), divine bonus to damage (+30 DC), luck bonus to Fort save (+12 DC), luck bonus to leadership (ad hoc +30 DC), bonus to ability score checks (+114 DC), increase penalty to -10 (+16 DC), increase save by +25 (+50 DC), no save for creatures below 10 HD (ad hoc +20 DC), -5 penalty to saves below 15 HD (ad hoc +10 DC), increase DR to 20/magic (+38 DC), caster level increase (ad hoc +8 DC), 12 hour duration (+720 DC); Mitigating factors: compulsion only affects specific patron deity (ad hoc -4 DC), compulsion only affects specific creature type (ad hoc -4 DC), penalty only affects Will save (ad hoc -4 DC), CL bonus only affects cantrips (ad hoc -10 DC)

Mythal: vanguard spell 6/day (14850 gp), arointed schools (40 000 gp), prevalent spell (create food and water) (60 000 gp) = +115 DC

Amusingly enough, that Curudin fellow who supposedly knows the spell can't actually cast it. CEC once statted him out; he has a spellcraft of +17 and no epic spellcasting.
    Away from calculator, whats the grand total here.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    Away from calculator, whats the grand total here.
    Thousand-ish, I gave up about halfway through. The spell as written is pretty incoherent, with bonuses to cantrip caster level, some homebrew spell (what the hell is greater guise?), an absurd SoD effect, a bonus to skills that don't exist and so on.

I'd also question how a leshay would try to usurp the caster's place considering that leshay can't cast spells without taking levels in a casting class.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

ElfPirate

Again, I'm sorry. When this was first created it was on paper, and although I'm sure I still have the math of it somewhere, I cannot pull it out of my head. I'm a Professional Chef, not a photographic memory kinda guy.

This is supposed to be an epic level spell known only to Mischiefmakers of Erevan Ilesere, and on par with a single caster Elven High Magic Spell.

Feel free to give advice.