A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Ordlan Reach

"We don't necessarily have to release all of it. Severe conceding to us should be plenty to show that it was Union intervention that got it done and Galamax is just puffing themselves up with empty posturing. Though I suppose it would put a couple of you in a tricky position if Severe thought to release the whole unedited version..."

Hamza trails off, leaving those who perhaps said a bit to much a chance to think for themselves the position they've put themselves in.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

"Patching the message through now. Audio only." Stella replies.
    "This is research lead Marton of the Almoner Moth. On behalf of our station, I'd like to welcome you to the Reach." There's an awkward pause, as if the speaker doesn't know what to say next. "There's a rumor going around that you're planning to visit Nocturne. If that's true, I'd like to ask for a favor. We're perpetually in need of biological samples, but sending a scout mission is a risky proposition. If you could collect some samples while you're down there, that would be of great importance to our research. Thank you, and good luck." The transmission ends.
    "I've uploaded schematics for appropriate sample containers to your print libraries in case any of you are interested." Stella finishes.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #93

"I love SSC," says Hamza over the comms to the rest of the team, "And I'll be wearing an SSC hardsuit when we go on our mission. They combine style, luxury and elegance to produce the best mechs known to humankind. I'm pretty sure my ancestors even bought some designer genes off them that I've benefitted from in turn and I'm involved in some financial wrangling at the moment to get the license for my family's ancestral SSC Atlas. So I'm just putting it out there, SSC are great."

Hamza gives that a moment to sink in, anticipating with enjoyment the swerve he's about to make.

"However, here's the thing. We don't work for SSC and I've no idea why we'd go out of our way to help them out unless they can offer us something useful, either in terms of mechs or using their political power to help us out."

4. - Top - End - #94

"Stella, do you mind opening a channel to Almoner Moth for me? I want to get some actual information from Marton if we are going to be running errands for him." Jin radios as he is currently going over Echidna's nexus systems. He pulls out a handful of grey dust from one of the nexus pods and places some under a microscope. Seeing flecks of brown, rust, on the nanomachines he frowns and then empties each of the mech's nexus payloads into one of the bay's printers in order to deconstruct and reprint the tiny machines to be fit for combat. While the printer is busy with that, he goes over the systems of the mech proper to make sure nothing else has decayed during their long journey. "As much as I love my generous benefactors, I agree Hamza. Marton is going to need to tell me what he wants and how he's going to make this worth our time before we start tearing up the ecology of a planet willy nilly."
    Last edited by Hazrond; 2021-10-05 at 11:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bekeleven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousPepper View Post
    Easy. Be a Planar Shepherd.
    I, too, destroy beehives with nuclear weapons.
    Proponent of Rudisplorkery in the Rudisplorker Guild

Avatar by the ever so generous Grinner

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

The Cadet mulls it over while getting ready. "I have some equipment that might help, but we definitely should check what exactly they want from us." After a moment he continues, "If it's easy enough, it could serve as a nice way to build a reputation out here, even if the rewards are minimal."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

"I am sure they will be glad to hear back from you." Stella opens a channel. "They maintain a publicly available database of nocturnian lifeforms, I can download it in the meantime."

The connection goes live. An aged, bespectacled man in a button down shirt appears a moment later.
    Spoiler: Portrait
    Show
    Erek Marton

"Lancers," He nods a polite greeting. "Thank you for contacting me. Mori, please have the camera drone follow me as I speak with them." "affirmative, doctor." He begins walking away, and a moment later the camera follows. "You got my message, I take it? Any quesitons?"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #97

"Hello Dr. Marton. I am Jin Aurelius, SSC Exotic Materials Division. The acquisitions of biological materials for study are possible, but we would need to know what we are looking for down there, and as this is a Union sponsored operation we would also need a suitable payment to justify the allotment of time being placed on your samples. Can you elaborate further on the details of this matter?" Jin says straightforwardly. To those very familiar with SSC terminology and corporate structure, the words "Exotic Materials Division" would likely raise eyebrows, but Jin was hopeful that Marton would take the hint.
    Last edited by Hazrond; 2021-10-10 at 02:20 PM.