New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    It's not even accurate: Only a small fraction of Yellowblooded trolls are Geminis and they don't always have blue-red heterochromia/eyewear, other color combos also exist.
    Thats my bad, I meant Sollux Captor, I just couldn't remember his name at that moment.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #452
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

You forgot that they got Murray back in the level where the explicit goal was getting Murray back?

I like how 3d mode is just regular gameplay with worse graphics and the colors faded or greyed out.
    In my defense it was because I thought it took a stage or two first.

It does actually work, in so far as this sort of 3D effect works!

3. - Top - End - #453

Hey there friends, long time no see! Things have been busy in the Zodiac household. Sorry!

Streams are going good! We did all of Pokemon Colosseum's randomizer, and today we did the Megaman X3 and X4 race!

Respectfully, recording has been a difficult task for a variety of reasons. I haven't been in the right headspace to do it, and I do apologize for that. Not trying to belabor the point, just being upfront about that. I will get back to it though, I promise.

4. - Top - End - #454

Okay, so crime boys 3 happened while I was unable to Internet. Catching up:

...So the firt problem is that I don't think an Australian aboriginal spiritual teacher would be refered to as a Guru. There's probably a better word for it but I think just "teacher," "mentor," or maybe "master" would have been better.

...Or they could have had it be an Indian spiritual teacher.

Opals are most commonly found in Australia and Australian opals are believed to be of a particular quality.

Also, what's the other game?

...I now want to be the Opal Ranger/Sensi in a Sentai/Magical Girl team.

That crocodile is glowing.

The kangaroos look like dinosaurs.

Obviously, Murray backed up his master's septic tank.

I'm surprised that the kangaroos are comfortable bringing their babies to a place inhabited by dingos given, you know, what dingos do to babies.

...you just murdered a baby.

I felt the irony of that line in my bones.

...Reminder that Bently bragged about scientifically proving the existence of ghosts in the first game and used damned souls to create dark magic bombs in the second game. And that in the last level he took it on faith that aboriginal magic was real and that Murray had learned a spell.

Also.. Sly is canonically magic and like half of the crap in the first game was basically magic spells and...

This is just... Why? I'm revoking Bently's science license.

So apparently the most recent episode of South Park involves the use of AI text generators... And the final act was AI generated meaning that it... Hat stilted dialog and several really basic errors.

...So, caves have doors now?

I'm also reminded of a screencap I saw. Okami has a segment where you have to wear a mask to disguise yourself, which works: Despite it being just a mask... and you can draw the mask yourself. Someone drew "not a wolf" and that became the mask.

So I'm noticing that the kangaroos have baby-carrying harnesses instead of pouches. So either those are male roos or they're trans.

that was voodoo Zodi, this is aboriginal. Also, that was in Haiti despite looking more like Louisiana.

This is not a good franchise for cultural sensitivity. Between that and Sly's ablism in the second game and if this trilogy got rereleased he'd likely be canceled.

So I think Murray's just been repressing his anger rather than resolving or channeling it and now that he's chosen violence once again he's just letting it out on whatever targets he can justify again.

Murray refers to one of the roos as he.

They did say that he mask was making him bigger zodi.

Wait, is his name Guru?

He's not actually: In addition to the Kangaroo there was that one old guard who spoke vaguely Czech sounding gibberish.

...Since when are scorpions a colony insect? Also I think this plan is more disrespectful than it needed to be.

So if there's no crime boss here, just a miner operation guilty of cultural insensitivity and digging too deep... Is this basically just eco-terrorism?

I wish I lived in the universe where they kept making Camp Camp and RWBY went on indefinite hiatus insead of the other way around. RWBY just... It was better before the plot happened.

In my mind, the last thing to happen in RWBY was the RWBY chibi where Ruby and Penny had fun looking at fireflies. The tournament arc didn't get sabotaged, Yang didn't get screwed over by the ******* villains, and then fireflies.

...The guru's power comes from a staff, but Murray can just do the Ball Form...

*looks up what came out with Rooster Teeth...* Oh god damn it!

Sly? You are literally a wizard. You were doing ****ing magic in the first game. You use your own hooked cane as a focus for some of it even.

Wow, you are just literally murdering your enemies at this point. Feeding them to the giant glowy crocodile.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #455

Sly Cooper Stuff
    Master, like Murray calls him, would make a lot more sense as a name.

I have no idea what you mean by "the other game" it's been three weeks.

Kangaroo's DO kinda look like some primordial creature, yeah.

Reckless endangerment by the parent for bringing them to their crime job!

Don't remember what line but yeah, Sly games are GREAT at irony lines.

Clearly Bentley just has a biased opinion of western magic vs aboriginal magics.

Look, imps are very stupid. If you've got an imp mask you're an imp. End of discussion.

Yeah I bring this up the pouches on the kangaroo's are actually artificial they're all guy kangaroos!

I also wish I lived in a world where RWBY faded into obscurity, yeah. Though that Rwby Chibi ending has a nice vibe to it, honestly.

Technically Sly is an Arcane Trickster rogue.

YEAH we just kinda... feed a bunch of people to the crocodile. We're the good guys!

6. - Top - End - #456

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I have no idea what you mean by "the other game" it's been three weeks.
    The other game involving opals in Australia.

Don't remember what line but yeah, Sly games are GREAT at irony lines.
    the one when Bently complains about the cultural insensitivity.

Look, imps are very stupid. If you've got an imp mask you're an imp. End of discussion.
    I'm not sure what this is referring to.

YEAH we just kinda... feed a bunch of people to the crocodile. We're the good guys!
    I don't... Want to think that this was some guy putting his fetish into it, but...

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #457

The other game involving opals in Australia.

the one when Bently complains about the cultural insensitivity.

I'm not sure what this is referring to.

I don't... Want to think that this was some guy putting his fetish into it, but...
    Ah! Ty the Tasmanian Tiger!

Ohof, god right. Yeah that line is dripping with irony.

The one about wearing a paper mask.

*looks at rest of episode* yeah it, probably ISN'T, but the rest of the episode's vibes make it feel like it is.

8. - Top - End - #458

...So, Sly was very clearly... into it when Carmelita started growing the second time. That whole bit was on purpose.

Anyway, Crime Boys 3 Part 3 happened while I was watching the Crime Boys be very bad at eco-terrorism but...

I'll have thought on that after I watch the whole thing.

Edit: Why does the street bend up and lead to a wooden platform with a hole in it!

Edit: There is a lot of irony in this episode.

Edit: Given the kind of crap that the Black Baron did I'm seeing some red flags with Penelope just joining the team.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-03-16 at 12:32 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #459

Crime Boys 3 Part 4 in summary:

Bently: "Hey Sly, you know that explosives expert who helped Clockwerk murder your father and steal your inheritance then spend the next few years periodically destroying whole villages to extort protection money out people? The one we saw take out a whole village before our very eyes."
    Sly: "...Yeah?"
    Bently: "I want to hire him."
    Sly: "Bently... Real talk... Did you get possessed by Clockwerk when he broke your spine? Because you've said and done a lot more ****ed up things than usual since that happened."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #460

Edit: Given the kind of crap that the Black Baron did I'm seeing some red flags with Penelope just joining the team.
    That... may be true, but I'm sure she's fine.

Crime Boys 3 Part 4 in summary:

Bently: "Hey Sly, you know that explosives expert who helped Clockwerk murder your father and steal your inheritance then spend the next few years periodically destroying whole villages to extort protection money out people? The one we saw take out a whole village before our very eyes."
    Sly: "...Yeah?"
    Bently: "I want to hire him."
    Sly: "Bently... Real talk... Did you get possessed by Clockwerk when he broke your spine? Because you've said and done a lot more ****ed up things than usual since that happened."
    I can basically imagine it going down exactly like that.

11. - Top - End - #461

And Bently's plan to recruit the Panda King consists of assaulting his gaurds, breaking his stuff, and interrupting his meditation. How is that going to endear them to him?

By the way, have you played Sly 4?

Edit: And then despite being opposed to this Sly just... Takes it on faith that Panda King changed?
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-03-19 at 07:13 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #462

And Bently's plan to recruit the Panda King consists of assaulting his gaurds, breaking his stuff, and interrupting his meditation. How is that going to endear them to him?

By the way, have you played Sly 4?
    I don't know what you're talking about there isn't a Sly 4 that's a game that doesn't exist.

Yes. we'll get to it.

13. - Top - End - #463

Bently in Sly 5: "We need an expert in prosthetics for the upcoming Job, so I brought Clockwerk back to life"
    Sly: Now you're just screwing with me.

Also, I love how the gang is like totally willing to murder people in this game but the thought of "what if we just kill General Tso" doesn't seem to occur to them.

Edit: I feel like Panda King should have been able to like... Fire a rocket at the van to break the last of the ice and make it easier to pull.

Edit 2: How do you feel about Choo Choo Charles? That's a game involving trains.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-03-19 at 09:08 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

I would have thought you wouldn't want to be a trains streamer after Spirit Tracks.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

15. - Top - End - #465

Observation: General Tsoa being a rooster has Monkey, Tiger, and Pig minions. 1/3 of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac.

Also... the thought occurs to me that the Guru should be able to use the Ball Form since he's the one who taught Murray how.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #466

Bently in Sly 5: "We need an expert in prosthetics for the upcoming Job, so I brought Clockwerk back to life"
    Sly: Now you're just screwing with me.

Also, I love how the gang is like totally willing to murder people in this game but the thought of "what if we just kill General Tso" doesn't seem to occur to them.

Edit: I feel like Panda King should have been able to like... Fire a rocket at the van to break the last of the ice and make it easier to pull.

Edit 2: How do you feel about Choo Choo Charles? That's a game involving trains.
    God, lets hope not...

I mean look at how many hits it took. I don't think we CAN kill Tsao.

Yeah that would have... helped, a tad.

I only play good games... within reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    I would have thought you wouldn't want to be a trains streamer after Spirit Tracks.
    Oh god that's a good point.

Observation: General Tsoa being a rooster has Monkey, Tiger, and Pig minions. 1/3 of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac.

Also... the thought occurs to me that the Guru should be able to use the Ball Form since he's the one who taught Murray how.
    Guru is too old. Spine doesn't quite bend the way it used to.

17. - Top - End - #467

"Okay, we were just here to save the girl but you're a prick so we're also gonna steal all your money" is... Basically how adventuring parties get sarted.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

Oh god that's a good point.
    I figured you might have blocked it out of your memory after seeing that list of sidequests.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

19. - Top - End - #469

So I think we overlooked something: Tsoa wanted to mary Jing so that he could assimilate he strength of the King bloodline into his own family's legacy.

...that bird waned to put a baby in a bear.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

Rater, don't think about furry world genetics, it will NEVER make sense. like furry worlds are already breaking a lot of biological-organic rule stuff just by existing, your never going to puzzle out what his logic was, assuming his ambition even had any biological basis for working at all in his world even by their rules.

21. - Top - End - #471

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Rater, don't think about furry world genetics, it will NEVER make sense. like furry worlds are already breaking a lot of biological-organic rule stuff just by existing, your never going to puzzle out what his logic was, assuming his ambition even had any biological basis for working at all in his world even by their rules.
    His logic was that his family has a lot of black magic knowledge and her family has natural fire-work skills, so he's mixing necromancy and evocation to make a very strong wizard grandson or daughter.

22. - Top - End - #472

Not only were historical pirates cowards, but... It kind of sucked to be a Pirate. You were wanted men, likely to catch diseases, and if you got sick or injured you were probably treated by the ship's cook which meant, you know, there's a reason why peg legs and hook hands are a stereotype.

Still, beat being part of the British Royal Navy.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Not only were historical pirates cowards, but... It kind of sucked to be a Pirate. You were wanted men, likely to catch diseases, and if you got sick or injured you were probably treated by the ship's cook which meant, you know, there's a reason why peg legs and hook hands are a stereotype.

Still, beat being part of the British Royal Navy.
    Yeah, pretty much. it says a lot about the BRN at the time when there a bunch of crews wiling to look at this sucky life and go "....yeah I'm willing to be do this criminal lifestyle, this is something I'd rather be doing than what I'm doing now, I'll take my chances."

as for the ending:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sly basically throws his entire family legacy and wealth away to live with Carmelita, leaving his crew the wealth so they can benefit. its a real slick move. just a....couple problems.
    -one, I'm pretty sure from a legal perspective, pretending to be an amnesiac wouldn't work. like he is still the dude who has done a lot of crimes even if he can't remember any of them, because if Carmelita has the authority to chase him, they have enough evidence to to say "yes he did all this", so it doesn't matter if he can't remember all his crimes they can probably present enough evidence to say "this is you no matter who you say you are, we can prove you did all this, so you still are going to jail" which means for him to live this life with Carmelita, she probably did something to get him out of it which could potentially mean that she did a crime in an ironic twist thinking that he is no longer a criminal

-two, legal stuff aside, Carmelita believing that Sly is amnesiac and completely willing to marry him now is.....strange. you'd think she'd have some introspective thought that his criminal lifestyle was a big part of him, so is she really loving the man she wanted if that man doesn't remember the version she fell in love with? and of course, lying is not a very good foundation for a relationship. so I wonder if Carmelita actually does know that Sly is just faking it but accepts the fiction as a compromise so that the chase can end and can just live happily together- after all I doubt Sly could keep up the charade forever and Carmelita knows how clever he can be. She was after all, awful quick to say "....Yes. your my partner, you work together with me."

as for Bentley making time travel and the whole thing about Sly 4 not being great well thats just the nature of time and things changing hands, unfortunately. I'm past being angry about this sort of thing, and just gonna make Sly 3 my headcanonical ending for all this.

24. - Top - End - #474

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. it says a lot about the BRN at the time when there a bunch of crews wiling to look at this sucky life and go "....yeah I'm willing to be do this criminal lifestyle, this is something I'd rather be doing than what I'm doing now, I'll take my chances."

as for the ending:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sly basically throws his entire family legacy and wealth away to live with Carmelita, leaving his crew the wealth so they can benefit. its a real slick move. just a....couple problems.
    -one, I'm pretty sure from a legal perspective, pretending to be an amnesiac wouldn't work. like he is still the dude who has done a lot of crimes even if he can't remember any of them, because if Carmelita has the authority to chase him, they have enough evidence to to say "yes he did all this", so it doesn't matter if he can't remember all his crimes they can probably present enough evidence to say "this is you no matter who you say you are, we can prove you did all this, so you still are going to jail" which means for him to live this life with Carmelita, she probably did something to get him out of it which could potentially mean that she did a crime in an ironic twist thinking that he is no longer a criminal

-two, legal stuff aside, Carmelita believing that Sly is amnesiac and completely willing to marry him now is.....strange. you'd think she'd have some introspective thought that his criminal lifestyle was a big part of him, so is she really loving the man she wanted if that man doesn't remember the version she fell in love with? and of course, lying is not a very good foundation for a relationship. so I wonder if Carmelita actually does know that Sly is just faking it but accepts the fiction as a compromise so that the chase can end and can just live happily together- after all I doubt Sly could keep up the charade forever and Carmelita knows how clever he can be. She was after all, awful quick to say "....Yes. your my partner, you work together with me."

as for Bentley making time travel and the whole thing about Sly 4 not being great well thats just the nature of time and things changing hands, unfortunately. I'm past being angry about this sort of thing, and just gonna make Sly 3 my headcanonical ending for all this.
    This universe has laws regarding necromancy, I wouldn't put it past them for the law to say "if you get amnesia and we can prove you have it, you're no longer legally the person who did those crimes".

Honestly yeah I think both Carmalita and Sly know the truth and are just accepting it because this is the only way they can really be together without one of them compromising their priorities.

I'm not mad at Sly 4, just... disappointed. We'll get to it.

25. - Top - End - #475

Bently... I'm pretty sure the Cooper Gang has killed more people in this game alone than most long-lived serial killers do in an entire career.

Also, Penelope... you were this major badass two levels ago. You can take him. He doesn't even look like he's holding you, just deck him in the face ms. "Master Pugilist."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #476

Bently... I'm pretty sure the Cooper Gang has killed more people in this game alone than most long-lived serial killers do in an entire career.

Also, Penelope... you were this major badass two levels ago. You can take him. He doesn't even look like he's holding you, just deck him in the face ms. "Master Pugilist."
    Okay she was a master pugilist while in her Black Baron mech suit. She's still just like, a mechanic otherwise. With of course a minor caveat...

27. - Top - End - #477

So I'm pretty sure that Bently explicitly said that doing Demetri's mission first would have made the Mercenary hunting one easier.

Also, I feel like Panda King should have been on deck for this. His fireworks would prove invaluable. Just shoot flames splodey things at the wooden boats

I think that Captain Chihuahua is bigger than the regular ones.

...Those are great whites. Those are an endangered species Zodi! Okay, techncially there's some debate on that, some sources list them as criticaly endangered but others only vulnerable. But still. Shame.

Hammer heads are also endangered. No debate on that.

The advice I've ehard for dealing with shrarks is 1: don't be a surfer, cause surfers look like seals from underneath. 2: punch them in the nose, that disoriens them, and 3: If you can, try to turn them upside down.

But,you know. Try not to hurt them. Sharks are friend.

Oh, and yeah, the mission ends with a permenant, visble upgrade to your cannons.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #478

So I'm pretty sure that Bently explicitly said that doing Demetri's mission first would have made the Mercenary hunting one easier.

Also, I feel like Panda King should have been on deck for this. His fireworks would prove invaluable. Just shoot flames splodey things at the wooden boats

I think that Captain Chihuahua is bigger than the regular ones.

...Those are great whites. Those are an endangered species Zodi! Okay, techncially there's some debate on that, some sources list them as criticaly endangered but others only vulnerable. But still. Shame.

Hammer heads are also endangered. No debate on that.

The advice I've ehard for dealing with shrarks is 1: don't be a surfer, cause surfers look like seals from underneath. 2: punch them in the nose, that disoriens them, and 3: If you can, try to turn them upside down.

But,you know. Try not to hurt them. Sharks are friend.

Oh, and yeah, the mission ends with a permenant, visble upgrade to your cannons.
    I'm fairly confident that the upgrade to the cannons does not actually do anything more than let you hurt LeFwee's ship. I don't believe it increases the power of your cannons at all.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

I'm fairly confident that the upgrade to the cannons does not actually do anything more than let you hurt LeFwee's ship. I don't believe it increases the power of your cannons at all.
    Looking, I do see someone claiming online that it reduces the cooldown of the cannons. And, looking back at the videos, it might do that slightly? It's hard to tell, since there seems to be some variability to the cooldown.

30. - Top - End - #480

Yeah, the cooldown seems faster and unless my eyes are playing tricks on me it seems like the cannonballs are flying further as well.

I think it was pronounced "Kray-ken" in the direct-to-video Atlantis: The Last Empire sequel that was like, three or four episodes of a TV series that never came to be.

Edit: Peach Beach is a very recognizable Mario Kart course.

It's the one that very clearly the result of Peach conquering Ilse Delfino and turning it into her private race course in revenge for the corruption and incompetence of Delfinian Law enforcement and government.

Sly asks Bently and Murray immediately in response to M's accusation of Egomania.

You can tell in SLy's voice that he's thinking "do I appreciate them enough?"

M meanwhile I feel is projecting his own issues onto Sly.

Edit: Okay, that last bit with Murray was like, shot for shot the opening of Speed Racer.

...Was Bently writing in the Thievius Raccoonus?

...So, uh. If Sly and Carmelita have sex they would both be guilty of rape by deception. Just throwing that out there. Sly is lying about his circumstances to be with her nd as far as she knows she's manipulating an amnesiac. The fact that he's faking wouldn't lessen her guilt, for much the same reason that shooting a corpse is attempted murder if you didn't know they were dead.

Like they're both kind of scum.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-03-28 at 03:52 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks