New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Yeah, the cooldown seems faster and unless my eyes are playing tricks on me it seems like the cannonballs are flying further as well.

I think it was pronounced "Kray-ken" in the direct-to-video Atlantis: The Last Empire sequel that was like, three or four episodes of a TV series that never came to be.

Edit: Peach Beach is a very recognizable Mario Kart course.

It's the one that very clearly the result of Peach conquering Ilse Delfino and turning it into her private race course in revenge for the corruption and incompetence of Delfinian Law enforcement and government.

Sly asks Bently and Murray immediately in response to M's accusation of Egomania.

You can tell in SLy's voice that he's thinking "do I appreciate them enough?"

M meanwhile I feel is projecting his own issues onto Sly.

Edit: Okay, that last bit with Murray was like, shot for shot the opening of Speed Racer.

...Was Bently writing in the Thievius Raccoonus?

...So, uh. If Sly and Carmelita have sex they would both be guilty of rape by deception. Just throwing that out there. Sly is lying about his circumstances to be with her nd as far as she knows she's manipulating an amnesiac. The fact that he's faking wouldn't lessen her guilt, for much the same reason that shooting a corpse is attempted murder if you didn't know they were dead.

Like they're both kind of scum.
    The subtle voice acting in Sly 3 is one of the things that really elevates it. You'd think a goofy Saturday Morning Cartoon style thief game/mascot platformer wouldn't be capable of nuance, but it's immediately clear through Sly's tone that Dr M's (seemingly justified in his father's case) expectation of Cooper superiority complex has affected him. It's a fun touch.

Yeah so, I didn't bring it up because that'd be incredible uncomfortable, but that's why I'm of the opinion both know the truth and are just, leaving it unsaid, because HOOO boy that's a can of worms I don't want to open.

2. - Top - End - #482

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

So the thought occurs to me?

Demitir's thing in Sly 2 was that he was a failed Dadaist artist turned counterfeiter.

...None of that omes up in Sly 3.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

I imagine that given what Sly usually does in his heists, that neither dadaism nor counterfeiting would be real useful, so those skills/interests were simply ignored for other things Dimitri did with his life.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #484

So the thought occurs to me?

Demitir's thing in Sly 2 was that he was a failed Dadaist artist turned counterfeiter.

...None of that omes up in Sly 3.
    The additions Sly 3 does to Dimitri's story is... fascinating, weird, but not unwelcome? Just, odd.

5. - Top - End - #485

Oh noes, Sonic's been unalived. It's up to ace detective Zodi to find the culprit!

So the dead Sonic image is specifically Sonic in the same position Peter Griffin lands in in the episode with the running gag of him slipping and falling down the stairs.

Looking it up, Clue is a Quokka which is some kind of marsupial roughly the size of a cat.

The Sonic franchise is roughly 32 years old as of this game.

It might be pre-cooked chicken, Zodie.

Yizigra no, that's a joke from Scooby Doo.

So Knuckle's costume is transparently just his outfit from Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie(the old one, not the modern one) which was a ****ing weird introduction to the franchise for Tiny Rater. I think they changed the hat band but otherwise...

Shadow the Barista didn't have time to change after leaving his job at Starbucks before he had to get to the party.

Sorry Clue, you're going to find that all of the famous heroes of your world are frickin weirdoes

Just casually claim to be a Princess from another dimension and... Yeah, they just accept that at face value.

...I wonder if mayhaps her dimension uses a different kind of cake for birthdays? Like, "birthday cake" isn't just cake for birthdays, it's a specific flavor(vanilla white cake with sprinkles) and when you don't use that for a birthday party you tend to use Devil's Food cake or marble cake or... basically anything in the white/yellow cake family

Maybe in Blaze's dimension, they use like... Custard cake?

Rouge, you are at a ten, we need you to be at a two.

A murder mystery isn't the sort of thing you invite the little kids to. Except for Tails, but he's freakishly mature and intelligent... at least compared to everyone else. He's also like, ten compared to Cream and Charmy's six.

So apparently if you try to give yourself the name of one of the established characters invited to the party you'll get a dialog scene of the player saying that it would be so cool if they had the same name as some hero but it's not(Either 'Amy' is a rare name in this world or Amy Rose is just that (in)famous.)

So apparently protagonist-chan is a fan and is only just realizing that these are... the heroes.

...None of these roles make much sense for the game. Though I do think it's amusing that Shadow actually put on a costume for this.

I love how Tails has this detailed backstory and Amy is just "Yeah, this happened."

Oh hey, things go wrong immediately.

So basically this is Ace Attorney but with platforming.

...I'm sensing a running gag with Clue's flashbacks here.

So apparently Elise got a redesign for the Sonic Channel earlier this month. She now looks like someone who actually belongs in this world.

...So that's not a decoration, that's a real wanted poster.

Edit: You know, given their history you'd think the Sonic Cast wold be more suspicious of robot hands.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-04-24 at 09:57 AM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #486

Looking it up, Clue is a Quokka which is some kind of marsupial roughly the size of a cat.

The Sonic franchise is roughly 32 years old as of this game.

It might be pre-cooked chicken, Zodie.

Shadow the Barista didn't have time to change after leaving his job at Starbucks before he had to get to the party.

So apparently if you try to give yourself the name of one of the established characters invited to the party you'll get a dialog scene of the player saying that it would be so cool if they had the same name as some hero but it's not(Either 'Amy' is a rare name in this world or Amy Rose is just that (in)famous.)

So apparently protagonist-chan is a fan and is only just realizing that these are... the heroes.

...None of these roles make much sense for the game. Though I do think it's amusing that Shadow actually put on a costume for this.

So apparently Elise got a redesign for the Sonic Channel earlier this month. She now looks like someone who actually belongs in this world.

...So that's not a decoration, that's a real wanted poster.

Edit: You know, given their history you'd think the Sonic Cast wold be more suspicious of robot hands.
    Oh right they're a Quoka! Cool!

Oh, nice, didn't realize that.

Still though the MICROWAVE? For cordon bleu?

Honestly I could buy that. There's a man named Alberto Robert, I don't think "Amy" is gonna be a normal name by any stretch.

Clue is undergoing multiple instances of "never meet your heroes" at once. Poor guy.

Eh, for a murder mystery all these roles make sense, especially since the intent is meant to be more Werewolf than anything else. Also yes Shadow actually wearing his outfit is perfect.

I mention that later! She fits the world so much better in that, to the degree where I kinda want her to come back as one of the few rare human characters.

Omochao knows what they did.

You'd think! But it's mostly Sonic dealing with that stuff...

Also as a note; more Majora has been recorded! Just, gotta edit it...
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2023-04-24 at 10:07 AM.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh right they're a Quoka! Cool!
    Yeah my logic for the name was that both Sonic and Shadow have "The Hedgehog" as like a title or something at the end. same with Knuckles the Echidna, Rouge the Bat, and so on.

very on the nose and simple names, so I was just like "Clue the whatever" because they play the role of detective. so he's Clue the Quoka, and it sounds right for a Sonic character to me.

8. - Top - End - #488

Also as a note; more Majora has been recorded! Just, gotta edit it...
    Hooray!
    Clue you twit you saw the conductor give Amy the Birthday key.

...I wonder if you get special dialog here if you name yourself Butler?

Re: Age, Given that Shadow was mentally and physiologically an adult when Maria Robotnik, Ivo's same-age cousin, was 10-12 I think he's the oldest even discounting the tube, for all intents and purposes.

You're thinking of Infinite, Zodi. "Ultim" is probably Shadow. The Ultimate Life Form.

And yeah that... There's something very amusing about the Edgehog being into a silly childish arcade game.

Vector, phrasing!

Eating an entire pack of bacon would probably kill a person.

Vector, phrasing!

Yes, Clue. They have been everywhere. Remember when the planet got split in half? They fixed that.

Clue: "I'd have two rings, which isn't a lot but it's weird that it's happened more than once."

Yes. It is so fricking annoying that I have to skim through five paragraphs of a lady talking about her kids before I can get to the alcohol-free fondue recipe. You aren't on the air cooking for TV you don't have silence to fill, nobody cares.

And what a lovely book it is, Zodi.

...Rouge you are at a ten and we need you to be at a two.

Knight probably calls it the Chao-ken, too.

Why is there an elevator on the train car!? I just noticed it and now it's bugging me!

Clue's first day on the job and they're already robbing their employer.

Apparently, if you say "Pretend to be Blaze's spouse" she gets like, really into the idea and starts drilling you on your family history.

....I also am intrigued by the idea that Clue can use Chaos Control.

Yeah, that's addiction in a nutshell. Clue even knows intellectually that there's a problem but can't connect their knowledge to their feelings.

Okay, how the hell does that work. There is a car between the two... Is there a portal back there or something, and... What is, how work?

"Train" of logic.

...So, odds on "worried for my social status" being an excuse so he doesn't have to admit he felt bad about forgetting a gift?

So if I wasn't already diabetic that mug would have done it.

Birthday privilege, zodi. That's how se got the hammer on the train.

In regards to the question, there's usually only a single designated murderer.

I'm gonna note that you gave Espio his alibi by pointing to the place on the map where he could have been reading where Shadow wouldn't have seen and that shadow poked a hole in it by stating that he was actively looking for Espio to give him his key and couldn't find him.

So there was an animated Superman movie, I forget which one. Was one of the ones that used the DCAU art style but weren't the DCAU, had Clark in his lab in the fortress of solitude lamenting that he could save the world day after day but not even he could come up with a cure for cancer... And then it cut to Lex Luthor telling one of his scientists to destroy the cure for muscular dystrophy he'd just created and come back when he had an expensive lifelong treatment plan instead of a one-shot cure.

...Look, there's a reason why Batman is willing to help Clark dispose of the body if Clark ever decided to just kill Lex.

Out of curiosity, what was the food?

So the song that plays when Sonic is giving this rousing speech to Clue, telling him to just press ahead instead of regretting his choices is a remix of It Doesn't Matter from the Sonic Adventure games.

A song about having self-confidence and living without regrets.

So if you ask about turning you into robots he'll state that he hasn't done that in a long time... This is weird becuase I could have sworn that Robotization was only a thing in Sonic SatAM and Archie Sonic.

Okay, Conductor, I did not sign the permission slip for that feels trip.

Zodi, this Train's AI was programmed by Eggman though. And t was still able to have last word after the Flicky was removed.

Personacity is not, in fact, a word. I googled it.

So I think this is the first time they explicitly depict the relationship between MEtal Sonic and Eggman as a Father/Son relationship I know that fans joke about that a bit, but... Yeah, he's just wearing a shirt acknowledging Eggman as his dad. He's got a little flag and everything, he's into this.

Hmm... If Clue sticks with the Gig, that's basically his arrear trajectory... But if he doesn't, he might get invited to the next party/adventure.

I want to know if the options stay the same or change depending on your choices with that last bit. Becuase "I stuck with the gig, but then I won a million dollars so now I own a supermarket" would be an amusing train of thought, pun not intended.

Now, I never would have beaten this in a million years as those platfomring segments were ****ing with my eyes something fierce

@Raz: I mean, they're pretty heavy with the Dragon Ball references in Sonic so I'd say it counts as a Shoen Battle series.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

So there was an animated Superman movie, I forget which one. Was one of the ones that used the DCAU art style but weren't the DCAU, had Clark in his lab in the fortress of solitude lamenting that he could save the world day after day but not even he could come up with a cure for cancer... And then it cut to Lex Luthor telling one of his scientists to destroy the cure for muscular dystrophy he'd just created and come back when he had an expensive lifelong treatment plan instead of a one-shot cure.

...Look, there's a reason why Batman is willing to help Clark dispose of the body if Clark ever decided to just kill Lex.

@Raz: I mean, they're pretty heavy with the Dragon Ball references in Sonic so I'd say it counts as a Shoen Battle series.
    1. yeah, thats movie and moment I was referring to when I said Lex could be evil by perfectly legal means. he is the kind of man who is smart enough to cure cancer, but decides "No, this is profitable enough" then figures out a way to make it less effective so he can drain money out of people their entre life to line his own pockets.

2. Yeah, I was snarking that the shonen battle protagonists are often the LEAST interesting people in them. because often they have advantage that allow them to just....punch people to defeat them or otherwise just use force to win. meanwhile their side characters and antagonists are full of tricks and strategy that are actually interesting to watch them work. it was a bit of relief when Deku got his freaky energy lash powers because now he has something that isn't just "hit it harder"

10. - Top - End - #490

Also, random Sonic trivia: Shadow's canonical favorite anime is Kill La Kill.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #491

Hooray!

Apparently, if you say "Pretend to be Blaze's spouse" she gets like, really into the idea and starts drilling you on your family history.

Out of curiosity, what was the food?

So the song that plays when Sonic is giving this rousing speech to Clue, telling him to just press ahead instead of regretting his choices is a remix of It Doesn't Matter from the Sonic Adventure games.

So I think this is the first time they explicitly depict the relationship between MEtal Sonic and Eggman as a Father/Son relationship I know that fans joke about that a bit, but... Yeah, he's just wearing a shirt acknowledging Eggman as his dad. He's got a little flag and everything, he's into this.
    This is now my one regret with this stream. I shoulda asked to be Blaze's spouse.

Tacos and meat balls and strawberry cake from my sister's birthday party.

Oooh, lovely. I should look that up, I love that song.

I love that this means the entire Metal Overlord debacle was Metal Sonic having a pique of emo edgelord rage. God bless this beautiful son.

Also, random Sonic trivia: Shadow's canonical favorite anime is Kill La Kill.
    Good tastes on that boy. Super Monkey Ball, Kill la Kill, what else I wonder...

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

Good tastes on that boy. Super Monkey Ball, Kill la Kill, what else I wonder...
    I think the way to go is that he actually likes a lot of good quality stuff, but he will never admit it and lies that his interests are whatever generically edgy thing he heard in passing. like he knows edginess is just an aesthetic and attitude and so keeps up the appearance of it, but doesn't go any deeper, because deep down he knows that his life isn't that bad given the friends he has.

13. - Top - End - #493

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I think the way to go is that he actually likes a lot of good quality stuff, but he will never admit it and lies that his interests are whatever generically edgy thing he heard in passing. like he knows edginess is just an aesthetic and attitude and so keeps up the appearance of it, but doesn't go any deeper, because deep down he knows that his life isn't that bad given the friends he has.
    It's come up in the sonic Twitter takeovers. whoever the current VAs are voice answers for questions submitted on Twitter.

They do not mention any names specifically but in the Twitter takeover to promote Sonic Forces, Shadow just openly admits that "likes the one with the edgy girl and the scissor blades" and also confidently states that "anime is a highly respected art form it was not a mistake" when Eggman calls him a weeb.

The takeover to promote Frontiers further clarified that Knuckles likes One Punch Man(but there's no Wifi on Angel Island so he has to go to Cream and Vanila's house to watch it), Amy likes Fruits Baskets, and Eggman has gotten really into Chainsaw Man and is planning to send a Chainsaw Man inspired Badnick after sonic.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-04-24 at 11:02 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #494

Is planning to send a Chainsaw Man inspired Badnick after sonic.
    So everything you said here is really very quite good but this part specifically is like, ****. Eggman DOES make animal themed robots, so a horrifying dog chainsaw badnick would be incredible.

15. - Top - End - #495

And so we return!

Zodi Plays: Majora's Mask [18] The Romani Ranger

Video Length: 25:55

We return, and fix all of the Romani Ranch's problems that I failed to fix last time. Redemption!

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Majora's Mask 18: Loop 6, Day 1-2
    Yeah getting everything in Majora's Mask done in one loop sounds like a speedrunner challenge.

its okay, do this however you much I want, I'm just keeping track of the loops for my own amusement.

Romani asks if he understands
    Link remembers all his past lives of killing and fighting and replies
    "More than you know"
    with trauma eyes

ah Legend of the Zelda, the only franchise where putting on a cowhat makes you recognized as a full and responsible adult.

Link: don't question why I suddenly became a Deku or why there are suddenly two of me, these things just happen
    fishman: okay.

Troupe Leader: I had to make this mask of myself to express my sadness artistically......I'm not a very creative person. Honestly this might be why I'm not a very good troupe leader.

Tatl: hey how good you think the Chateau Romani tastes?
    Link: I dunno, lets find out
    *drops 200 rubies, takes a sip*
    Tatl: well? hows it taste?
    Link: eh, its a little better.

17. - Top - End - #497

I've seen people say that it's possible to at he very least get the best ending for all the major storylines once you've unlocked everything. Like, once you're able to defeat Majora you could theoretically be able to help everyone within the three-day time limit though it won't be easy.

That seems to be what canonically happens. Or else all the different timelines merged into a best-of-all-possible worlds thing.

I don't know Zodi, most Mothman sitings are pretty owly.

I've thought more on the "Zelda game with Young Links where the puzzle-solving tools are the girls that have a crush on Link but Link is just a doofy kid so he doesn't get it" hypothetical... I'd probably just straight up make it call back to Ocarina in that the party members are a Hylian Farmgorl, a Kokori, a Zora, and a Gerudo... And also the game's incarnation of Zelda, but only in the tutorial, the final dudgeon, and the post-game. Since everyone involved is in the "Young Link/Young Zelda age range" the whole thing is very innocent and childish, this isn't a harem comedy situation and everyone more or less gets along. I still kind of want an Ocarina/Majora tone, not a more cartoonish one like Spirit Tracks.

Likely scenario: This Link is the son of like, the royal... Game's keeper? The guy who serves as effectively to Park Ranger for the royal forests near the palace monitors the wildlife, deals with trespassers and poachers, that sort of thing. The game's Zelda keeps sneaking out to play in the woods, you meet her there but then she'd kidnapped by bad guys and you have to go rescue her because nobody will listen to you when you explain what happened.

Cremia: "You, random ten-year-old, prepare to murder some people."

Also Cremia: "I know aksncoldge you as being an adult, random child I just met this morning."
    Link: "I mean, technically I'm an actual adult in a child's body. Kinda. Sorta. Time travel was involved, don't think about it."

What the **** is in that milk that this guy is literally drunk off it?

I notice that no one else is wearing the Membership hat.

You'd think Link would use that "Use the Ocarina and my masks to split into multiple versions of myself" power more often.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

Yay, Majora's Mask is back! ...I completely forgot what we were doing, but we're back!

Oh, right, creepy Ranch stuff.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

And so we return!

Zodi Plays: Majora's Mask [18] The Romani Ranger

Video Length: 25:55

We return, and fix all of the Romani Ranch's problems that I failed to fix last time. Redemption!
    * Most of the New England cryptids can be boiled down to 'someone saw an owl at night and freaked out'. Mothman is another popular one.

* As far as a one-cycle run, you'd need to run the Critical Path and all four dungeons then get back to the town and get to the final area... all in a single three-day cycle. I'm not saying it is absolutely impossible, but I know I'd never be capable of it. Heck, I can barely complete any one of the dungeons in a single three-day cycle, much less all four of them. Just physically walking to them probably takes longer than you have, even with speedrun strats.

* An interesting thing you showed off here that is new to this version and not on the N64 version (and also the version that came with the 25th year anniversary edition of the game cube) is that you have much more granular control over time. In the old version, you could just warp to the next dawn/sunset, whereas you were warping to specific hours of the day in the supercut.

* That doesn't sound much like the Ballad of the Windfish to me, although it is fitting that you're using a number of instruments to perform it because that's kind of the whole thing about Link's Awakening where the song was first provided. It also features prominently in the Hyrule Castle theme in Breath of the Wild as a recurring motif. Still, it works within the context of the narrative, so I'm willing to give it a pass.

Glad to see you picking this back up!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

20. - Top - End - #500

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    * Most of the New England cryptids can be boiled down to 'someone saw an owl at night and freaked out'. Mothman is another popular one.

* As far as a one-cycle run, you'd need to run the Critical Path and all four dungeons then get back to the town and get to the final area... all in a single three-day cycle. I'm not saying it is absolutely impossible, but I know I'd never be capable of it. Heck, I can barely complete any one of the dungeons in a single three-day cycle, much less all four of them. Just physically walking to them probably takes longer than you have, even with speedrun strats.

* An interesting thing you showed off here that is new to this version and not on the N64 version (and also the version that came with the 25th year anniversary edition of the game cube) is that you have much more granular control over time. In the old version, you could just warp to the next dawn/sunset, whereas you were warping to specific hours of the day in the supercut.

* That doesn't sound much like the Ballad of the Windfish to me, although it is fitting that you're using a number of instruments to perform it because that's kind of the whole thing about Link's Awakening where the song was first provided. It also features prominently in the Hyrule Castle theme in Breath of the Wild as a recurring motif. Still, it works within the context of the narrative, so I'm willing to give it a pass.

Glad to see you picking this back up!
    One benefit to a One Cycle Run is that since you can just warp straight to the boss room, completing the dungeons isn't super necessary... except for the fact that you DO need to collect all the frogs.

Yeah, is that the first time I showed that off on screen? It's been awhile I don't recall.

It IS the Ballad of the Wind Fish, I'm pretty sure, but it's... kinda adjusted, since it's traslating a GB track of blips and bloops into the N64. Bu I'm pretty sure you can hear it in there.

I'm glad to be back, honestly. Hope my leave of absence wasn't too frustrating!

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

One benefit to a One Cycle Run is that since you can just warp straight to the boss room, completing the dungeons isn't super necessary... except for the fact that you DO need to collect all the frogs.
    Uhh... no. If you are doing it all on one cycle, you need to complete and finish all four dungeons because the boss warp doesn't exist until after you've already done it once. So you'd need to complete all four dungeons in a single cycle... probably not possible.

It IS the Ballad of the Wind Fish, I'm pretty sure, but it's... kinda adjusted, since it's traslating a GB track of blips and bloops into the N64. Bu I'm pretty sure you can hear it in there.
    Nope, totally different. Ballad of the Wind Fish starts with a 1-2-3 beginnings of an arpeggio, then repeats and dips back down to a relative minor before returning to the center. Which is not present in whatever this tune is that we're presented with.

The Original Ballad of the Wind Fish (Link's Awakening DX)

The tempo is similar to a waltz, although technically not 6/8 since the last note is held an extra beat, making it a very awkward 4/4. Which it is supposed to be.

This tune, however, holds the first note, then goes on. The inverse of the original, actually. Also this Termina version is... really badly done. I get what they were trying to do, I just don't feel they succeeded. Which might have been the intention, to be honest. They could easily have done a good job with it, they've done it before with much less hardware support. So if you follow that, they succeeded at not succeeding. Task Failed Successfully?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

22. - Top - End - #502

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Uhh... no. If you are doing it all on one cycle, you need to complete and finish all four dungeons because the boss warp doesn't exist until after you've already done it once. So you'd need to complete all four dungeons in a single cycle... probably not possible.

Nope, totally different. Ballad of the Wind Fish starts with a 1-2-3 beginnings of an arpeggio, then repeats and dips back down to a relative minor before returning to the center. Which is not present in whatever this tune is that we're presented with.

The Original Ballad of the Wind Fish (Link's Awakening DX)

The tempo is similar to a waltz, although technically not 6/8 since the last note is held an extra beat, making it a very awkward 4/4. Which it is supposed to be.

This tune, however, holds the first note, then goes on. The inverse of the original, actually. Also this Termina version is... really badly done. I get what they were trying to do, I just don't feel they succeeded. Which might have been the intention, to be honest. They could easily have done a good job with it, they've done it before with much less hardware support. So if you follow that, they succeeded at not succeeding. Task Failed Successfully?
    Okay to be clear, I wasn't talking about "doing everything on your FIRST cycle", but just doing everything in a single cycle. That's my bad for lack of clarity.

I coulda swore it was similar. Hmm... and yeah, I'd say they failed the task successfully on this one.

23. - Top - End - #503

Hell yeah, Paper Mario!

I see that Robin is wearing an ace flag as a cloak.

You know, Twink, just because Mario's alive that doesn't mean that the Princess's efforts to help him contributed to his success. it just means he's been succeeding.

Peach: Get the **** out of my room, Jack Black.

Sometimes you don't even have to think about it too hard: Kingdom Hearts is basically just a really cuddly looking Lovecraftian horror series. IT's just the main protagonist is a PG-rated Old Man Henderson so you've got to be paying attention.

Oh, okay, that's just an instant win.

Mario-Zelda crossover when? Smash Bros doesn't count.

If I recall, it was the sewer Goombas that caused the problem.

Mario: "Okay-a Spike, letsa go kick-a Bowser's ass so this jerk'll hava to to eat his words."

Oh no, he's gone Super Shroom.

The characters read "way of the old man."

"With our combined power, you should be able to stand up to the guy who easily defeated us."

"Back then?" It's been like, a day.

"Just cheer up, and never-ever give up hope!"

I don't think I can comment on the latest jok without breaking forum rules.

And Zodi dies from Joker venom again.

...No, seriously are you okay?

Robin stop trying to kill Zodi!

"We will always be with you... until the next game, where you will lose our powers for reasons of balance."

Look, there's a reason why Bowser keeps getting invited to go Go-karting, to tennis games, soccer games, baseball, board game night...

I think Eggman is canonically insane? Like, I think Frontier had some documents you could find saying that part of the reason he tries to take over the world is that he was jealous growing up of the attention that his cousin got... his cousin who was born with a terminal illness and then got murdered by the government. Dude's a nutcase.

Doctor Wiley's another one who's just ****ing insane. Like, according to Megaman 11 his research project that got rejected in favor of Light's AI research was a universal upgrade that could be installed in any robot to let any robot overlap themselves in case fo an emergency so that they could step in and be a hero. His goal was to create robot heroes to protect people and that being rejected made him snap and do a full 180. the reason Light keeps falling for Wiley's fake face turns is because he genuinely believes that there's still some good in there and he feels bad about Wiley's idea being rejected. Light kept and maintained Wiley's original prototype and eventually installed in Rock and it just... I genuinely think that its effects on Rock were what inspired Light to create X.

If I recall, in that crossover what happened was they used Robot Master tech to upgrade the Robotisizer and then used it on Sonic's friends to turn them into "Robotisized Masters."

...Exe Wiley does have a legitimate Face turn in the last game.

Why did they let the soldier keep his spear?

That cooled lava is steaming so it should still mss you up to touch.

...So I bet Mario is gonna be relieved when Goombario is assimilated fully into his Stand and thus can't share his opinions anymore.

A while back I saw a video of someone giving cotton candy to a raccoon. Raccoons habitually wash their food before eating it. Poor critter looks so confused.

I have no strong opinion one way or the other.

The idea of Mario just chugging maple syrup is physically painful.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

@Rater202:
    Oh no, he's gone Super Shroom.

The characters read "way of the old man."
    The diploma fight is when he really goes super shroom, fourth degree is just when he takes off the weighted training clothes.

...No, seriously are you okay?
    I think she is, for some reason Robin is just really good at making Zodi laugh for long periods of time for some reason.

...So I bet Mario is gonna be relieved when Goombario is assimilated fully into his Stand and thus can't share his opinions anymore.
    yeah I kept warning people that Goombario's horrible, the joke that shall not be spoken of aside, Goombario does a lot of complaining about the environments and people around him. you should really only whip him out when your really stumped or lost about something, because a lot to all of the game can be done without his input if you just use your brain for like two seconds, its not a hard game and using tattle too often can make things more a slog. Its why I go get the peekaboo badge even though its technically bad, because uh, you don't really need Goombario for anything except completionism. everything he has can be replaced in my eyes if your not being completionist.

25. - Top - End - #505

Hell yeah, Paper Mario!

I see that Robin is wearing an ace flag as a cloak.

Doctor Wiley's another one who's just ****ing insane. Like, according to Megaman 11 his research project that got rejected in favor of Light's AI research was a universal upgrade that could be installed in any robot to let any robot overlap themselves in case fo an emergency so that they could step in and be a hero. His goal was to create robot heroes to protect people and that being rejected made him snap and do a full 180. the reason Light keeps falling for Wiley's fake face turns is because he genuinely believes that there's still some good in there and he feels bad about Wiley's idea being rejected. Light kept and maintained Wiley's original prototype and eventually installed in Rock and it just... I genuinely think that its effects on Rock were what inspired Light to create X.

...Exe Wiley does have a legitimate Face turn in the last game.

Why did they let the soldier keep his spear?

A while back I saw a video of someone giving cotton candy to a raccoon. Raccoons habitually wash their food before eating it. Poor critter looks so confused.

I have no strong opinion one way or the other.

The idea of Mario just chugging maple syrup is physically painful.
    Hell yeah Paper Mario!

Yup! It's super cool!

Robin gets Advantage on being able to land critical hits against me, comedy wise. She's just built different and that's fine.

I don't think it so much made Wily SNAP so much as it is the wound that festered into what he became. Also, X was already being made by the time MM11 happened, but you're not wrong that I'm pretty sure the Power/Speed Gear system did get incorporated into X, or at least into his armour systems.

Well, not the LAST game. He's the villain of 6.

The Toad spears are, as someone in the comments said, simply made of rubber. That or they're simply not adept at it.

I was thinking of that video specifically, yeah.

Maple syrup is good eatin' but like... yeah, drinking a cup of it is a bit much.

I think she is, for some reason Robin is just really good at making Zodi laugh for long periods of time for some reason.

yeah I kept warning people that Goombario's horrible, the joke that shall not be spoken of aside, Goombario does a lot of complaining about the environments and people around him. you should really only whip him out when your really stumped or lost about something, because a lot to all of the game can be done without his input if you just use your brain for like two seconds, its not a hard game and using tattle too often can make things more a slog. Its why I go get the peekaboo badge even though its technically bad, because uh, you don't really need Goombario for anything except completionism. everything he has can be replaced in my eyes if your not being completionist.
    I legitimately think a big part of it is that I followed Robin in the before-times, when she was just a cool youtube creator and I was a internet anonymous person. I grew up watching her stuff and then we became friends and a small part of me is always going to have that little crystal of overwhelming respect for her. It's like how Chuggaaconroy is best buds with Protonjon except somehow less gay[joke]

Goombario's sudden swerve at the end game aside, I still think he's a useful party member. Enemies have mechanics that are at times unclear, so being able to hear about'em is a good idea. The Peekaboo badge being a cost to see health bars is an easy one to pay of course, but it IS still paid. I'll take the action economy option of just tattling over that any day... also I like the comedic writing he had earlier in the game, before The Event happened.

26. - Top - End - #506

Yo ho fiddly de dee, time for some Zelda I think it to be!

Zodi Plays: Majora's Mask [19] A Pirate's Life

Video Length: 31:35

In this episode, with the time left to us, we go infiltrate the pirate's hideout, a single goal in mind... but will we obtain it, I wonder?

Also, in Majora's Mask land, is Ganondorf someone who just really hates water? Discuss the concept of what Pirate Lord Ganondorf would entail. I think that's a fun thought.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

Stethoscope? Hourglass? That you look through? I think that's a telescope, Zodi.
    (Though, you were probably thinking of spyglass.)
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

28. - Top - End - #508

First Zelda, then back to Mario:

Fish elves are attracted to middle-eastern amazons confirmed.

It's a little weird that it wont let you kill human looking enemies.

Huh. Fairies don't need to breathe?

Oh, now you can kill them. Gotta say, their death cries don't feel uh, like they sound more "damsel" than "warrior woman."

Or not. Not sure how an arrow is just knocking them out for a few minutes.

So why are the Zora eggs a treasure? What value is there to Zora eggs? Like, if they were planning to eat the eggs or hatch them an sell the babies that would be one thing but that wouldn't be "stealing a treasure" that would be "trafficking."

Oh, the eggs are a clue... but why are they also calling the eggs a treasure?

As for Ganon, well given that the witches who raised him in the main world don't appear to be affiliated with the Gerudo here its likely that if he has a counterpart in Termina that his counterpart is just a dude.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

Majora's Mask 19: Loop 6, Day 2-3
    and so we start off by being caught by the Gerudo pirates repeatedly.

in this episode we see Link setting his arrows and hookshot to stun while firing at the pirates, how nice of him to spare them like that

wow the Gerudo Pirates really made sure no magic potions gets into their fortress and the areas surrounding it. either that or people in this sea REALLY hate magic.

the stone mask! the invisibility mask without being invisible

nice for Link to also set his sword to stun to. guess he is feeling really merciful and forgiving towards the Gerudo Pirates. either that or the Gerudo pirates are the toughest women to ever exist

onto Loop 7 then!

Majora's Mask Ganondorf.....interesting thought. Majora's Mask counterparts tend to have a theme of melancholy/sadness to them, often relating to something in the first game. a lot of the theme of Majora's Mask is the sadness beneath heroism. to keep the theme, such a counterpart would probably be the sadness or melancholy of villainy, or for Ganondorf specifically, attaining power. like he'd probably be in Ikana as its sorcerer-king....while the kingdom is fallen and be sitting on his throne regretting his choice to like, sacrifice an entire civilization for power because now he is all alone, realizing that his Power means nothing if there is no one else to be powerful in relationship to, like he'd even know that Skull Kid is going to crash the moon into clock town but be like..."that skull kid's going to end up like me, why even bother doing anything about it? misery loves company after all" and just not doing anything other than wallow, depressed in the situation he's made for himself. he'd have the power to fix the situation of Termina but he wouldn't care to because like many of the other characters he'd be hung up on his regrets and such. I dunno how'd you make Link interact with that though.

30. - Top - End - #510

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Stethoscope? Hourglass? That you look through? I think that's a telescope, Zodi.
    (Though, you were probably thinking of spyglass.)
    Sometimes one has to access their brain's Random Access Memory for a word and it comes up short. I'm glad it is hilarious to experience, mind!

First Zelda, then back to Mario:

Fish elves are attracted to middle-eastern amazons confirmed.

Huh. Fairies don't need to breathe?

Oh, now you can kill them. Gotta say, their death cries don't feel uh, like they sound more "damsel" than "warrior woman."

Or not. Not sure how an arrow is just knocking them out for a few minutes.

So why are the Zora eggs a treasure? What value is there to Zora eggs? Like, if they were planning to eat the eggs or hatch them an sell the babies that would be one thing but that wouldn't be "stealing a treasure" that would be "trafficking."

Oh, the eggs are a clue... but why are they also calling the eggs a treasure?

As for Ganon, well given that the witches who raised him in the main world don't appear to be affiliated with the Gerudo here its likely that if he has a counterpart in Termina that his counterpart is just a dude.
    In my experience most girl likes are, so this tracks.

That glow is a slight magic aura shield that protects them from water.

Yeah the Gerudo lady voice clips on hit are... awkward.

Clues can be a sort of treasure! Also anything a pirate steals is definitionally treasure, as pirates steal treasure.

Majora's Mask 19: Loop 6, Day 2-3
    and so we start off by being caught by the Gerudo pirates repeatedly.

in this episode we see Link setting his arrows and hookshot to stun while firing at the pirates, how nice of him to spare them like that

wow the Gerudo Pirates really made sure no magic potions gets into their fortress and the areas surrounding it. either that or people in this sea REALLY hate magic.

the stone mask! the invisibility mask without being invisible

nice for Link to also set his sword to stun to. guess he is feeling really merciful and forgiving towards the Gerudo Pirates. either that or the Gerudo pirates are the toughest women to ever exist

onto Loop 7 then!

Majora's Mask Ganondorf.....interesting thought. Majora's Mask counterparts tend to have a theme of melancholy/sadness to them, often relating to something in the first game. a lot of the theme of Majora's Mask is the sadness beneath heroism. to keep the theme, such a counterpart would probably be the sadness or melancholy of villainy, or for Ganondorf specifically, attaining power. like he'd probably be in Ikana as its sorcerer-king....while the kingdom is fallen and be sitting on his throne regretting his choice to like, sacrifice an entire civilization for power because now he is all alone, realizing that his Power means nothing if there is no one else to be powerful in relationship to, like he'd even know that Skull Kid is going to crash the moon into clock town but be like..."that skull kid's going to end up like me, why even bother doing anything about it? misery loves company after all" and just not doing anything other than wallow, depressed in the situation he's made for himself. he'd have the power to fix the situation of Termina but he wouldn't care to because like many of the other characters he'd be hung up on his regrets and such. I dunno how'd you make Link interact with that though.
    Link has mastered the art of telling the DM "I'd like to make this non lethal".

Not to be confused with the stone mask that turns you into a vampire!

That is a FASCINATING read Raziere, thanks for that.