New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    In the original version, the goron city would not let you in as Hylian Link, you had to be Goron Link to get in, however he was indeed placed above the entrance.

Ice physics are perfectly balanced and fine and have no problems whatsoever. Said no one ever. This won't be the last time you have problem with ice physics.

I think the scar on the goron ghost's belly predates his departure. He said he was a veteran, so he's seen other combat before his demise, it makes sense that he would have scars from those battles.

This hot water run coming up was extremely frustrating for me personally. The time limits are pretty harsh for some of the places you want to go, and heading all the way back up to the grave for more hot water felt punitively harsh.
    Ah, right!

Ice physics... v_v

Good point on the scar!

You're going to be incredibly salty when I show the second, far more accessible hot spring.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    You're going to be incredibly salty when I show the second, far more accessible hot spring.
    Ah yes, incredibly random cooking termy. the most random cooking termed. how random cooking term of you.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #303

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Ah yes, incredibly random cooking termy. the most random cooking termed. how random cooking term of you.
    Salty as a term actually comes from sailors, with the idea being it was a synonym for vulgar because "sailors are that", and sailors are often salty because they sail on the sea all the time and stuff.

Also you ever like, eat raw salt? It tastes exactly like learning you missed something that could have made things easier.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Salty as a term actually comes from sailors, with the idea being it was a synonym for vulgar because "sailors are that", and sailors are often salty because they sail on the sea all the time and stuff.

Also you ever like, eat raw salt? It tastes exactly like learning you missed something that could have made things easier.
    I mean, I've tasted bits of salt from shakers without putting them on food and I liked it, so if thats raw salt, my taste is just different I guess because I don't associate salt with anger or badness. if thats not raw salt, I have no idea what it tastes like.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Well, this sure is a happy and cheerful game.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

6. - Top - End - #306

I bet that Link wishes he had pants right now.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #307

*rolls around in a ball*

Zodi Plays: Majora's Mask [11] Slow Your Roll

Video Length: 27:11

In this episode, we make use of the fact that we have another dead soul turned into a magical disguise. Tricking people into thinking their loved one and hero is alive and helping soothe a child's sadness at the inevitability of his dad dying.

You know, for kids!

Jokes aside, a short but sweet episode as we roll our way to Snowhead Temple and prepare for the actual full on dungeon run. Hope you all enjoyed!

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Majora's Mask 11: Loop 4, Day 1, Part B
    Goron is become sonic. Live and leaaaaaarrn....

Dog is pet! Goron pet dead dog hard. dog is dead.

and so we stopped a baby from crying to relight torches so that we can light more torches so a chandelier can rotate so we can break one of the pots on the chandelier to get some meat in them to take it outside to give it to a starving Goron so we can get a frog hat so we can conduct a choir of frogs with it without anyone knowing. I'm sure the fair folk who designed this puzzle are real proud of you, Zodi.

yeah Legend of Zelda can be vague in its directions and quests at times.

....so yeah is the giant goron causing a blizzard alive or.....a spirit? because I don't think an alive goron would need the lens of truth to be seen. this giant goron seems like some sort of poltergeist or something, so if they fell off, its not as if they aren't already dead, so what more harm can come to them?

9. - Top - End - #309

Majora's Mask 11: Loop 4, Day 1, Part B
    Goron is become sonic. Live and leaaaaaarrn....

Dog is pet! Goron pet dead dog hard. dog is dead.

and so we stopped a baby from crying to relight torches so that we can light more torches so a chandelier can rotate so we can break one of the pots on the chandelier to get some meat in them to take it outside to give it to a starving Goron so we can get a frog hat so we can conduct a choir of frogs with it without anyone knowing. I'm sure the fair folk who designed this puzzle are real proud of you, Zodi.

yeah Legend of Zelda can be vague in its directions and quests at times.

....so yeah is the giant goron causing a blizzard alive or.....a spirit? because I don't think an alive goron would need the lens of truth to be seen. this giant goron seems like some sort of poltergeist or something, so if they fell off, its not as if they aren't already dead, so what more harm can come to them?
    I do not fully recall but I'm pretty sure they show up again and are just like "yeah I got ensorcelled and was just sneezing a lot sorry lol" which is honestly what I'd expect from these oni.

10. - Top - End - #310

I find i hilarious in kind of a messed up way that everyone thinks that you're domrani even though you only vaguely resemble him but nobody pegs you as the Deku Butler's son even though you look exactly like him.

You think the Goron would be holding up better if they wore pants?

...I still wanna do a story or a roleplay or something that's a Goron, a Twili, and a Zora wandering around Hyrule trying to figure out why humans wear clothes all the time and nobody will tell them.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

The baby was crying so hard he blew out the torches with the force of the wailing... ever seen Kung Fu Hustle? Yea, kinda like that.

This mask. This [BLEEP]ing mask right here. One of the longest and most convoluted ways to acquire a heart container ever.

Spoiler: That Mask
    Show

Okay, so you need to round up the five frogs that make up the 'orchestra' to conduct. One of them is in town, chilling out in that room that has a river/bridge and the bell that summons that guy with the funny fox mask on.

The other four are the Big Key Minibosses for each of the four dungeons. Yes, the minibosses you need to kill to get the Big Key in each of the four dungeons will turn into the frogs once defeated. And you have to speak to them with that hat on to get them to show up later.

Now, there's a shortcut for each of the dungeons that sends you straight to the boss of that dungeon. There's a reason for that, which we don't really need to get into here. However, you'll notice there isn't a shortcut to the Big Key Miniboss room. And the Big Key tends to be pretty deep in the dungeons, so you effectively have to mostly clear out each of the four dungeons, plus actually clear Snowhead to bring Spring to the region, to conduct said frogs. In a single three-day cycle.

All this... for a heart container.

Not really all that much else happening this episode except getting to Snowhead Temple. The faeries here are *substantially* more difficult to get than Swamp Temple's, so good luck with that. Also, the reward from the Swamp Temple and Snowhead Temple are reversed on the 3DS version from the original. So this *would* normally be the one where you get double mana in the version I played.

Spoiler: Great Fairy Rewards
    Show
    However, you got lucky and got that in the first temple. Instead, you get what would have been the reward in Swamp Temple, which is the Super Spin Attack, that is largely useless.

But don't worry, the other two temples have useful things from Faeries. Notably, one has the Great Fairy Sword which is theoretically the most powerful sword in the game, but counts as an item not an actual sword, which means use is exceedingly awkward. So maybe not so useful. Stone Temple has the Blue Ring/Armor Effect: take less damage from all attacks. That's useful no matter what. It's also the most difficult, due to that dungeon's particular gimmick.

Anyway, I'll enjoy seeing how you tackle Snowhead Temple. It certainly threw me for several loops when I first encountered it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    ...I still wanna do a story or a roleplay or something that's a Goron, a Twili, and a Zora wandering around Hyrule trying to figure out why humans wear clothes all the time and nobody will tell them.
    I mean first one would have to figure out a setting beyond "whatever is made for Link to encounter in whatever iteration of his heroic quest to save Hyrule from Ganon/some evil wizard".

cause the setting is pretty strongly built around Link just being the guy who saves the day every time, in true Nintendo fashion of making great videogames but only the bare minimum of setting. a videogame functions on only providing the minimum amount of setting you need to make the game work, a ttrpg on the other hand requires a setting to be more thought out because the actions of the PCs are much more free and capable of derailing any plans that could possibly be made. thus things that occur regardless of plans (aka setting) need to be there to keep everything working.

13. - Top - End - #313

I have like hundreds of characters, sme I've used for things and some of them not but literally none of them would do the violin thing.

the better question, Zodi, is why does the exterminator robot spray its pesticides with enough pressure to actually harm other machines.

the answer, of course, being that the people who make these robots are insane. This is like Battle Network, where all the appliances run by sapient AI with feelings, combined with Medabots where kids are given sapient robots armed with actual weapons and these are treated as toys.

Honestly, it's not fun when you go back to a childhood favorite and realize how messed up they are. This evening I learned something about Digimon Tamers that I never needed to know and wish I could unlearn.

I noticed a few times where you could have had the cubes in place and then made an unneeded turn.

When I first saw the commercials for Spirit Tracks I was hoping that Ghost Zelda following you around and possessing enemies to help with combat and puzzles would be a consistent aspect of the game and not something that was restricted to the one recurring dungeon.

...So I kind of want a Zelda game with a young link protagonist that's kind of like OoT or MM where young Zelda and a bunch of other girls his age have crushes on him, but instead of a traditional Zelda game they're all following him around on the adventure and continuing heir skills o his quest because they all want to make sure he comes home in one piece.

And he's completly oblivious to the fact that they all have a crush on him because he's just a doofy kid.

Exposed battery acid? OSHA or an equivalent does not exist in this universe, does it?

I think Detectix is supposed to be a detective. He's kind of shaped like a magnifying glass.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #314

BEHOLD CUBE

Zodi Streams: Cubix Showdown [2] FRIEND

Video Length: 3:25:23

In which we finish up the robot cube game! It's honestly quite fun, and we end by showing off multiplayer with the ever lovely Qwertystop!

Now the question is; what do I stream next? Next week will be the Megaman X1 and X2 race with Celeste (our forum's ever lovely Mystic Muse) but after that... what do? I'm taking recommendations and suggestions so go wild folk!

------

the better question, Zodi, is why does the exterminator robot spray its pesticides with enough pressure to actually harm other machines.

the answer, of course, being that the people who make these robots are insane. This is like Battle Network, where all the appliances run by sapient AI with feelings, combined with Medabots where kids are given sapient robots armed with actual weapons and these are treated as toys.

Honestly, it's not fun when you go back to a childhood favorite and realize how messed up they are. This evening I learned something about Digimon Tamers that I never needed to know and wish I could unlearn.

I noticed a few times where you could have had the cubes in place and then made an unneeded turn.

When I first saw the commercials for Spirit Tracks I was hoping that Ghost Zelda following you around and possessing enemies to help with combat and puzzles would be a consistent aspect of the game and not something that was restricted to the one recurring dungeon.

...So I kind of want a Zelda game with a young link protagonist that's kind of like OoT or MM where young Zelda and a bunch of other girls his age have crushes on him, but instead of a traditional Zelda game they're all following him around on the adventure and continuing heir skills o his quest because they all want to make sure he comes home in one piece.

And he's completly oblivious to the fact that they all have a crush on him because he's just a doofy kid.

Exposed battery acid? OSHA or an equivalent does not exist in this universe, does it?

I think Detectix is supposed to be a detective. He's kind of shaped like a magnifying glass.
    I will say at least that it definitely seems the violent things these robots can do is a consequence of Solex making them go berserk and do things they're not supposed to be able to do. Anyone can hurt someone with say, a water hose, but you typically just won't.

Digimon Tamer's is a show that has a lot of genuine, on purpose ****ed up stuff, so I'm enthralled at the idea of there being unintended stuff.

I am bad at this sort of puzzle!

"Puzzle solving game where all of your skills are your comedy harem anime followers" is honestly not that bad of an idea. It's amusing.

Probably meant to be a detective of some sort yeah, especially based on two of his moves...

15. - Top - End - #315

I don't think it was unintention to be honest
    Spoiler
    Show
    So I've been lurking on LGBT Meme subreddits and someone posted one of those "realistic transition goals/actual transition goals" things with a picture of Renamon, and it reminded me of a line in the anime where Renamon is asked whether she's a boy or
    a girl and she replies that Digimon doesn't have gender... Which is a drastic oversimplification, to be honest, but...

I distinctly recalled Ruki's family saying something along the lines of "you can be a girl if you want to" so when I looked it up to double-check(I was wrong, they actually say "it doesn't matter you're still part of our family") but when I was looking it up...

According to an officially produced action figure, the tuft of fur on Renamon's chest isn't part of her body, it's a garment that she's ewearing, and she has human-like breasts underneath. They're "featureless." Nonfunctional. If you get what I'm saying, but they exist.

...Which honestly makes the comment about Renamon "wearing" her fur in the anime proper make more sense, but still.

I never needed to know that Renamon canonically has human-like hooters. I wish to unlearn this knowledge but I can't.

And now you all have to suffer with me.

...Tamers is still my favorite season. They really play up the magical bond with the partners to the point of literally becoming one with your partner in a way that's nothing but blissful as the two of you achieve apotheosis together...

As for suggestions... I've got nothing. I'd kind of like to see your thoughts on Kingdom Hearts but even one of those games would take months... We Know the Devil would be too awkward to discuss on this forum... And...

Bugsnax?

Maybe Metroid Prime? I tried watching the playthrough of that you have on your channel but whatever you were using to record your voice... Yeah?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #316

I don't think it was unintention to be honest
    Spoiler
    Show
    So I've been lurking on LGBT Meme subreddits and someone posted one of those "realistic transition goals/actual transition goals" things with a picture of Renamon, and it reminded me of a line in the anime where Renamon is asked whether she's a boy or
    a girl and she replies that Digimon doesn't have gender... Which is a drastic oversimplification, to be honest, but...

I distinctly recalled Ruki's family saying something along the lines of "you can be a girl if you want to" so when I looked it up to double-check(I was wrong, they actually say "it doesn't matter you're still part of our family") but when I was looking it up...

According to an officially produced action figure, the tuft of fur on Renamon's chest isn't part of her body, it's a garment that she's ewearing, and she has human-like breasts underneath. They're "featureless." Nonfunctional. If you get what I'm saying, but they exist.

...Which honestly makes the comment about Renamon "wearing" her fur in the anime proper make more sense, but still.

I never needed to know that Renamon canonically has human-like hooters. I wish to unlearn this knowledge but I can't.

And now you all have to suffer with me.

...Tamers is still my favorite season. They really play up the magical bond with the partners to the point of literally becoming one with your partner in a way that's nothing but blissful as the two of you achieve apotheosis together...

As for suggestions... I've got nothing. I'd kind of like to see your thoughts on Kingdom Hearts but even one of those games would take months... We Know the Devil would be too awkward to discuss on this forum... And...

Bugsnax?

Maybe Metroid Prime? I tried watching the playthrough of that you have on your channel but whatever you were using to record your voice... Yeah?
    My opinion on Kingdom Hearts is that I unambiguously love it and don't get why people are so confused about the plot it's completely easy to follow. For me. Also fun timing because Kingdom Hearts 4, the 14th canonical KH game, just got announced with gameplay footage! You're right that it'd take a bit though...

Bugsnax is an idea. I've heard nothing but good things about it!

Ooh, that is an idea. I could return to my favorite Metroid Game... and since my Wii is mostly dead I'd have to use Dolphin for that, so it'd be a total return to Prime... hmm...

17. - Top - End - #317

My opinion on Kingdom Hearts is that I unambiguously love it and don't get why people are so confused about the plot it's completely easy to follow. For me. Also fun timing because Kingdom Hearts 4, the 14th canonical KH game, just got announced with gameplay footage! You're right that it'd take a bit though...
    I know! We've got older and even more skilled sora and we've got Donald and Goofy apparently going to Olympus's Underworld to get help fining Sora and... Are they going to Hades or are they trying to find Auron, he is... Kind of in a similar situation to where Sora is right now? Because its strongly implied that the Auron in II is the actual Auron from FFX, not an alternate.

What I'm curious about is... If you pay attention there's sort of a running theme in the numbered titles about Sora's inner darkness. in the first game, Sora is just a kid and has almost no Darkness. Even when he's turned into a HEartless he has so little darkness that despite his very powerful heart he just becomes an ordinary shadow instead of a more powerful heartless.

(As an aside, in the Manga adaption Kairi recognizes Sora's heartless as Sora because it has Sora's thighs. Manga Kairi is a much more proactive character. She's also impulsive, a little crazy, and thirsty for a tall glass of Sora.)

In 2... Sora's a little more mature, and a little darker. He's very tempted by the idea of becoming a pirate, or of usurping the throne of Pride Rock from Scar and just being king. and... We get Anti-form, where Sora's darkness overwhelms him and he assumes a Heartless-like form that, while very deadly in skilled hands, is objectively weaker than his other forms.

In 3, following his close call in DDD, Sora is able to, when backed into a corner, voluntarily enter Rage Form, here he embraces his darkness for additional power albeit at a bit of a cost. Unlike Ani-form, it doesn't make him weaker or take away the keyblade, he doesn't lose control, but...

If 4 follows up on that theme, we should see Sora being able to use his darkness at will similar to Terra or Riku without... Too many consequences.

Nomura said in an interview that he had a choice between making a Verum Rex game or going straight to KHIV and he decided to do IV first because he was worried for Sora's wellbeing.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

.....if your doing either Kingdom Hearts or Bugsnax I won't be watching because for Kingdom Hearts I've already seen them all in the TFS retrospective and didn't see why anyone liked that series. its not even about the plot because the plot of kingdom hearts is like the plot of Metal gear: something that occurs in the background and requires you to step back and piece it all together after you played them. I disliked KH because its like One Piece: Sora is the exact stupid protagonist archetype I can't stand, his companions are even goofier are thus worse and all the worlds are disney ones so its like, Disney why would ruin your own worlds by trying to put an action rpg in them? this doesn't appeal to me.

while Bugsnax......while thematically and probably really well written, I personally found it incredibly creepy and not something I'd want to watch again. like its unsettling but its definitely intended to be that way.

Metroid Prime I'd be fine with, but its not my decision to make.

19. - Top - End - #319

Also: do not do Bugsnax on an empty stomach.

Was rewatching Kaiserneko's playthrough and made the mistake of doing it just before dinner and I actually caught myself thinking "one Bunger wouldn't kill me."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Hm. Could return to Battle Network, play 2. Play another puzzles adventure game, Outer Wilds or Obra Dinn or something. Go into streaming standards, Pokemon or Mario 64 or something. Give speedrunning a try, find a game with a newbie-friendly community (actually I think serval of the above qualify?). Pick some random indie game off Itch, there's loads of lists after the big charity bundles, play one bigger one or a lot of small ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #321

Zeld!

Zodi Plays: Majora's Mask [12] Snowhead

Video Length: 21:01

And so we begin Showhead Temple in earnest! Snowhead Temple takes the "hub puzzle" approach to Zelda dungeons, where there is a main feature in a centralized dungeon center which is the main centerpiece for the entire thing, with rooms being spokes off of it. It is also, unfortuntaely, one of the more annoying ones. Not in any bad way, but if you happen to be a little slippery on the controls because it is late at night, or the controls decide to disagree a little bit on just what exactly you wanted to do... falling can be a capital P Problem.

That said, the puzzles are a good deal more basic than Woodfall's, which is honestly fascinating. Woodfall primes you for Majora's Mask's more advanced styles of puzzle, but Snowhead reins it back a bit to let the centerpiece puzzle shine. Woodfall focused on the bow and arrow in aggregate, while the dungeon item for Snowhead is a lot more focused... though we don't get it this video. Leads to an interesting contrast! A simpler layout with harder puzzles to ease you in, then a more complicated layout with easier puzzles to re-calibrate expectations.

With that said, I hope you enjoyed! We'll see you all next time for the conclusion of snow.

22. - Top - End - #322

...The sharpened sword is just another blade welded onto the sword you already had.

And how would gold dust...Gold is heavy but it's also soft. A gold-steal alloy might work as a bludgeon but a sword...?

Thinking back on the OoT style Zelda Game where it's a link and all the girls who are crushing on him follow around and their skills are the puzzle-solving tools idea that came from my disappointment with spirit Track's Zelda assists only being a gimmick in the central tower? One of the girls would be a farm girl who develops her crush on Link after you help out her family or her farm. Her gimmick would be that she's deceptively strong and the only one who could help with sliding block puzzles because the others just don't have the heroic constitution that she and Link have.

In a dungeon-like this where progress is obstructed by large ice blocks you'd eventually find a set of protective gloves for her and then she'd be able to smash the ice blocks by punching them. she might also be able to pick Link up and toss him to ledges he can't jump to.

...This being a young Link with similarly aged followers, he doesn't quite get why he has to give her a hug before she'll give him a boost.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Majora's Mask 12: Loop 4, Day 2
    Huh, no wonder I never saw my brother use the razor sword. he just went straight for the gilded one I think.

*Zodi rolls into ice*
    *gets rebounded to the lava floor of the dungeon*
    okay yeah thats weird. I don't think that was supposed to happen either? you might've hit some angle or corner on the ice that made the physics go weird for a second

oh yeah, thats some real terrible platforming. hideous platforming. platforms those small, while invisible, while over some other room requiring to go through other rooms to get back up......agh. I feel the pain just from watching it.

but yeah this dungeon seems designed on "getting over it" logic: every time you screw up, you fall down to the lower levels and have to make the climb back up just to regain where you once where, resetting your progress not through death but through gravity. which can be frustrating in its own way.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

New episode!

* Yea, I never bothered with the Razor Sword until I had the Gold Dust. Which... makes zero sense, but it honestly doesn't matter from a mechanics perspective. It's a thing that lets you do another thing as a reward to a quest elsewhere that is gated behind a Thing Done.

* You made that jump the first time... well, the first time you actually attempted to jump. You have no idea how long it took me to make that jump without bouncing off the wall behind it and into the pit below, and you made it look easy.

* In Majora's Mask, physics are kind of almost a thing? For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. You hit the ice block, you get knocked back. And since you are on a slippery surface, it means you go sliding off and down.

* In other words: Ice Physics are perfectly balanced and elegantly implemented and there is nothing wrong with them. Said no one ever.

* A timing puzzle. One of many you will encounter. And they're all annoying. This one in particular is annoying because if you fall (as you did) you have to go redo this puzzle all over again to get back to where you were. I got real familiar with this puzzle by the time I beat this dungeon.

* Ahh yes, the invisible platforming... ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

25. - Top - End - #325

Three, two, one, GO!

Zodi Streams: Mega Man X1 and X2 Race!

Video Length: 3:27:22

Race time! Me and the ever wonderful Celeste (Mystic Muse on the forum) race through the first two Mega Man games. One of us is a professional speed-runner and the other is me so, it'll be fun to see who wins!

26. - Top - End - #326

Okay, lets finish this dungeon.

Zodi Plays: Majora's Mask [13] Goht

Video Length: 31:06

The back half of Snowhead Temple! First order of business; the Wizrobes! Not a funny adorable mage like they usually are though, instead some creepy old wizard man who refuses to be locked onto half the time. Not that tricky to deal with though. Beating the first Wizrobe gets us our dungeon item, the Fire Arrows! In a shocking shift from typical Zelda games, the dungeon items are not maneuvering tools or fancy weapons, but pure magical puzzle solving elements! They have combat applications too of course, but for the most part they're for fancy puzzles. I actually think this is pretty cool; aside from the Light Arrows, these were entirely optional in Ocarina, and now they're here to do some actual work. It, like everything else, fully sells the idea that this is a hard mode DLC expansion to Ocarina.

The boss itself, meanwhile, is Goht! In the original game you just pursued him, knocked him down, and then beat on him... or just shot fire arrows at'em. In this one, it's pretty much the same except after knocking Goht down, you have to specifically hit an eyeball growth as opposed to just punching him wherever. Some could argue that just slightly overcomplicates what is really just a very basic "chase and smash" boss fight, but I like it. I also like the addition of how, if you hit it from above due to a ramp, it falls down in away that requires you hit it with the bow. It's part of the desire to make each boss synergistic with both regular Link and his mask form, and it is not unappreciated. At least in this one.

With Goht thoroughly destroyed, another Giant has been saved! Hooray for us! Spring returns to Snowhead proper, clearing up the snow and saving the lives of all the goron! Hooray! Next time, lets see if we can do everything this unlocks in the one day left I have! Oh boy!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2022-04-18 at 12:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

I do like how they seem to be trying to make you use all your toys here. Since not every Zelda game is great at doing that.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Majora's Mask 13: Loop 4, Day 2 Part B
    Yeah I can see how Getting Over It With Zelda may not be the best idea for a dungeon.

"oh thank god first try" is never a good line to hear. also why the did camera keep panning downward for that?

the wizzrobe is silly. you need to fight back you dumb wizard! teleporting around without firing danmaku bullets everywhere. silly wizard.

and yeah, I've seen Goht's boss fight before, its pretty cool. chase a cyclops bull/goat around an area with the gorons spike ball, almost as if Darmani was saving the day himself. I don't know why anyone would just stand around and plink him with arrows.

and now.....tis spring for the gorons. for one day at least. and yes I can imagine doing everything you can with the gorons in spring can be a bit of a rush given how much time the dungeon takes up. and you still have those two fairies to get! and all fifteen of them to return to the fountain.

29. - Top - End - #329

Majora's Mask 13: Loop 4, Day 2 Part B
    Yeah I can see how Getting Over It With Zelda may not be the best idea for a dungeon.

"oh thank god first try" is never a good line to hear. also why the did camera keep panning downward for that?

and now.....tis spring for the gorons. for one day at least. and yes I can imagine doing everything you can with the gorons in spring can be a bit of a rush given how much time the dungeon takes up. and you still have those two fairies to get! and all fifteen of them to return to the fountain.
    Camera is motion controlled and I think can be adjusted in that scene. That or the camera just adjusting itself, which it does at times as well.

I am pretty doomed but if I can get everything I specifically need it'll be worth it.

30. - Top - End - #330

Yes another boss that appears to be infected with the G-Virus.

If big red eyes in places that aren't where eyes go is a signature of beings corrupted by Majora...

Sorry, the fanficer part of my brain is going crazy.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks