New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Zodi, you fool. You've planted four invasive species into Toad Town and facilitated Flow Field's conquest of the Mushroom Kingdom!
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Zodi, you fool. You've planted four invasive species into Toad Town and facilitated Flow Field's conquest of the Mushroom Kingdom!
    Ha! as if those jerks could ever coordinate a single battle much less a war. the moment Petunia learns of it, she'll probably be mad that Mario planted seeds to be able to come save them all, thinking its going too far. Lily is in her pond waiting for the day her prince charming to show up. Posie just wants to live with her crystal tree. the lying flower has no ambition to be able to screw people over on a large scale. Rosie is so narcissistic she literally doesn't care about anything that isn't within 15 feet of her.

I can buy Wisterwood being the mastermind though. old tree, has lived for so long in one place, he's probably gone insane. the whole thing with Ruff N Puff? all apart of his long term master plan to defeat his oldest enemy for flower fields using Mario as his pawn, he probably sent those four bub-ulbs out to spread the seeds, predicting all this would happen. now his bub-ulbs just has to plant more seeds near shooting star summit that will grow up into the night sky to Star Haven and he can finally send an agent to steal the Star Rod within the next few centuries and ultimate power will be his.

ok but seriously how do these flowers all know each other? none of them move, do they just....hear about other flowers from bub-ulbs then get the mail paratroopas to deliver passive-aggressive comments to each other?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #393

Okay! Stream proper now!

Zodi Streams: The Somnium Files NirvanA Initiave [2] Iris Was Right Maybe?!

Video Length: 3:40:30

Back to proper streaming after last week's just having a bad time. No Blue as he is sick, but damn if a lot of stuff didn't happen in succession!

4. - Top - End - #394

Just a quick Zodi update.

I had a bit of a mental breakdown! Don't know when I'll be able to resume work on Majora's Mask proper. I haven't uploaded more of the streams here because I didn't want to do that till I got more Majora out.

Thank you for your patience.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I noticed this wasn't updating but I didn't want to say anything in case I'd be assuming wrongly, thanks for the update.

6. - Top - End - #396

*hugs for the Zodi*

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Just a quick Zodi update.

I had a bit of a mental breakdown! Don't know when I'll be able to resume work on Majora's Mask proper. I haven't uploaded more of the streams here because I didn't want to do that till I got more Majora out.

Thank you for your patience.
    Entirely understandable. Please don't feel guilty or anything. Life's tough all around right now, so I certainly don't blame you at all. We're here for you.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Somnium AI stream commentary:
    Show

don't worry Zodi, I'm pretty sure I would've just looked up the answers for the music questions myself. also I'm pretty sure that this lack of emotion is more of a Tearer influence thing than a normal functioning of Amame's mind.

Yeah, Date your going to have clarify that you mean in a martial training kind of relationship with Ryuki....but then again people often read homoerotic stuff into that anyways.

.....0_0 how is Tokiko alive? The voice is wrong. slightly so, but wrong.

Tokiko is so a Mage the Awakening character. I swear she belongs in some Mysterium, Silver Ladder or Free Council faction where all her nonsense would actually make sense.

Or its just Date's car and Date is not using it for some reason.

Iris......your mind is probably the needed levity after Amame's screwed up horror quiz game.

maybe, but wouldn't it be funny if IRIS didn't remember his name and think its Kaniza, so we have to intentionally get it wrong?

Tama, after all the sex jokes, you can't even bring yourself to roll with a Submissive/Dominant bit? I'm disappointed.

we got a yakuza, thats a Dark Type, it'll be useful in this Psychic type environment....

*sees yakuza thug shoot and stab a ninja*
    Iris: Yay, violence!

excuse me, that wasn't nearly as over the top to be a Sephiroth parody. it should've at least thrown a galaxy and spent five minutes on the process of that galaxy being thrown at Mizuki.

I think Ota was referencing Cowboy Bebop with the line "lesson lesson always follow strangers". specifically Ed during an episode where each member of the Bebop crew gave out a lesson, and a short story but each one was either screwed up, inapplicable or irrelevant to daily life, as they're all mercenaries, bounty hunters, hackers or criminals and thus wouldn't learn any lessons that are actually useful to the viewer. aside from maybe Spike's comedic one about not leaving things in the fridge for too long.

I don't think its a keyblade, I think its just a giant key. as for why and how, just because he is a lockpicker and former criminal doesn't mean he can't also be this flamboyant kind of criminal who spends their ill-gotten money on making a giant key to club people with because he wants to keep a theme and get his criminal contacts to forge it. after all, he had to have wasted all his lockpicker money on SOMETHING right?

and this is where I came in. now everything makes a bit more sense.

Amames mindscape didn't reveal, but Iris's mindscape DID reveal Tearer's appearance. Iris clearly did see him. So focusing on Amame ignores the fact that we know his appearance from Iris. Now the problem comes if Date's call about Sejima or whatever comes before Ryuki psynced with Iris.

9. - Top - End - #399

Zodi is feeling better but still kinda tired so, sorry. But I'll at least throw up the links to the Somnium File streams!

Zodi Streams: Somnium Files NirvanA Initiative [3] Definitely Not A Cult

Video Length: 3:30:00

Zodi Streams: Somnium Files NirvanA Initiative [4.1] The Riichi and Powerful
    Zodi Streams: Somnium Files NirvanA Initiative [4.2] Lien is the Worst
    Zodi Streams: Somnium Files NirvanA Initiative [4.3] Horrible Cube Skull
    Video(s) Length: 3:55:28

Zodi Streams: Somnium Files NirvanA Initiative [5] God of Fortune Pachaka MAX
    Video Length: 3:43:45

Zodi Streams: Somnium Files NirvanA Initiative [6] F's in Chat
    Video Length: 3:29:20

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler: Somnium AI stream commentary:
    Show

don't worry Zodi, I'm pretty sure I would've just looked up the answers for the music questions myself. also I'm pretty sure that this lack of emotion is more of a Tearer influence thing than a normal functioning of Amame's mind.

Yeah, Date your going to have clarify that you mean in a martial training kind of relationship with Ryuki....but then again people often read homoerotic stuff into that anyways.

.....0_0 how is Tokiko alive? The voice is wrong. slightly so, but wrong.

Tokiko is so a Mage the Awakening character. I swear she belongs in some Mysterium, Silver Ladder or Free Council faction where all her nonsense would actually make sense.

Or its just Date's car and Date is not using it for some reason.

Iris......your mind is probably the needed levity after Amame's screwed up horror quiz game.

maybe, but wouldn't it be funny if IRIS didn't remember his name and think its Kaniza, so we have to intentionally get it wrong?

Tama, after all the sex jokes, you can't even bring yourself to roll with a Submissive/Dominant bit? I'm disappointed.

we got a yakuza, thats a Dark Type, it'll be useful in this Psychic type environment....

*sees yakuza thug shoot and stab a ninja*
    Iris: Yay, violence!

excuse me, that wasn't nearly as over the top to be a Sephiroth parody. it should've at least thrown a galaxy and spent five minutes on the process of that galaxy being thrown at Mizuki.

I think Ota was referencing Cowboy Bebop with the line "lesson lesson always follow strangers". specifically Ed during an episode where each member of the Bebop crew gave out a lesson, and a short story but each one was either screwed up, inapplicable or irrelevant to daily life, as they're all mercenaries, bounty hunters, hackers or criminals and thus wouldn't learn any lessons that are actually useful to the viewer. aside from maybe Spike's comedic one about not leaving things in the fridge for too long.

I don't think its a keyblade, I think its just a giant key. as for why and how, just because he is a lockpicker and former criminal doesn't mean he can't also be this flamboyant kind of criminal who spends their ill-gotten money on making a giant key to club people with because he wants to keep a theme and get his criminal contacts to forge it. after all, he had to have wasted all his lockpicker money on SOMETHING right?

and this is where I came in. now everything makes a bit more sense.

Amames mindscape didn't reveal, but Iris's mindscape DID reveal Tearer's appearance. Iris clearly did see him. So focusing on Amame ignores the fact that we know his appearance from Iris. Now the problem comes if Date's call about Sejima or whatever comes before Ryuki psynced with Iris.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Given how this part ends, and how the series is, I imagine it IS a martial arts training relationship... but Ryuki WANTS it to be physical the other way.

They mentioned in an early part that this limo is the last thing remaining from Ryuki's parents.

I mentioned this in stream but; while Iris did see the man in the iron mask, RYUKI first saw him during the VR segment post Komeji's death. He's the one who decides that person is Tearer- we even got the character log FOR Tearer BEFORE this happened and I commented on that, so that when we do see him in that VR Segment, we are instinctively primed to go "oh Ryuki's right this must be Tearer!" without any moment of realizing "wait how does he know this??"
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2022-08-14 at 08:52 AM.

10. - Top - End - #400

Just want to pop in and apologize for not having commentary on this playthrough. I uh... This kind of game isn't my thing.

Also... A thought occurred to me when I was thinking over the Paper Mario playthrough... Why did Bowser wish for some elaborate plan to defeat Mario instead of just wishing for Mario's defeat?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Just want to pop in and apologize for not having commentary on this playthrough. I uh... This kind of game isn't my thing.

Also... A thought occurred to me when I was thinking over the Paper Mario playthrough... Why did Bowser wish for some elaborate plan to defeat Mario instead of just wishing for Mario's defeat?
    Because......

1. Technically its canon/word of god that all of Mario's stories are plays acted out by him and his friends, meaning Bowser isn't "really" his enemy or kidnapping peach. he just for some reason, takes the main villain role a lot.

2. even if you don't believe that, its canon that Bowser is a bit of a bonehead- stated by Peach herself and even exploited during Shy guy's Toybox with Peach being able to fool him into thinking that Mario is afraid of MUSHROOMS of all things. y'know, the iconic food that Mario always eats to get stronger or bigger? Bowser just being dumb is pretty much the stated reason why.

3. technically he didn't wish for an elaborate plan. he literally just wished for a castle to be under peaches, rose it up into the sky then made himself invincible when Mario showed up, then beat him into confetti before chapter 1 even began. as far as villain plans go, thats very simple and incredibly effective. the only thing he didn't know was the Star Spirits being able to give Mario their energy from long distances to help him heal- and who in the world would know they would be able to do that?

where his plan does get elaborate is how he kept away all the star spirits, entrusting them to various minions across the mushroom kingdom, and while keeping them all in different places so that Mario can't get them all immediately thus taking longer to retaliate is a good move....just putting them out of Mario's reach would be a better one. Assuming that the paper mario setting is its own self-contained universe/continuity, Bowser could've simply wished the star spirits to be imprisoned in the core of Mars, and Mario wouldn't be able to do a thing about it even if he survived. He could still go around beating up Bowser's minions sure but at the end of the day Bowser would be in his castle and invincible and Mario would lack any means to get there and and even if he did he wouldn't be able to beat Bowser, instead of being held by vulnerable minions that Mario can defeat.

basically he beat up Mario, won, and was almost correct in the assumption that Mario would never bother him again, so there would be no one that could possibly free the star spirits thus his minions would be enough to beat anyone who isn't mario. Bowser's real stupid move was after Kammy Koopa found he was alive in Goomba Village and flew back to him to report this, was not simply making another wish on the Star Rod to make sure Mario was dealt with permanently in some manner....or Bowser never realized that the wish granting power had a potential longer range of effect than "within eyeshot/the immediate area" which would be in character for him to not realize since all the wishes he makes with it are stuff that he is nearby for and again, he is a bonehead. the true power of wishes/reality warping is lateral thinking and figuring out how to bypass or get around as many things as possible, and Bowser is someone who forces himself through things with strength and pure power- how one uses wishes is reflective of the person who wishes upon things and what does Bowser use the power of wishes itself for?
    -imprison the star spirits
    -become invincible (notably this seems to be temporary and needs to be refreshed when Mario fights him the second time, Bowser might not realize that he could simply make it permanent and is probably imitating the star power up mario usually uses to be invincible through things in mainline games and thus it runs out after a while....or Bowser realized that the invincibility has some unseen downside in some other area of his life or he simply didn't want to be constantly glowing with rainbow star energy all the time)
    -make tubba blubba invincible in a way he can disable so that Tubba blubba can't challenge him
    -raises up a big flying castle under Peach's castle
    -blast waves of golden rings that hurt people around him

these are mostly pretty simple and ham-handed uses of wishes, very self-centered and focused on him being the most powerful one around with immediate effects, with tubba blubba being the only time he shows any forethought and planning, and that is to basically make TB's invincibility less good so that he himself can keep Tubba blubba under his control which says a lot about his priorities and how much he trusts tubba blubba, but that might've been done at Kammy's suggestion since she is the contingency planner/adviser to Bowser, its more likely that the specific Tubba blubba set up was her idea in my mind, since I don't see Bowser coming up with that idea himself given everything else he has done with the Star Rod.

12. - Top - End - #402

That's entirely fair Rater. You don't have to like everything I do! I promise I'll get back to Majora's soon, I've just not yet had the energy to do that. I've been trying, and we'll get there. Sorry.

Raziere already answered basically all of this, but yeah the answer I'm going with is that "good ol Browser's a bit of a doof, thinks this is a great plan" vibe.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Forms (10)
    Show
    How's about a new Zeldo today?

Zodi Plays: Majora's Mask [10] Lens Me A Hand

Video Length: 35:13

In this episode, we finally set off to prepare the second main area of the game! Snowhead, a mountainous region of ice and snow, inhabited by everyone's favorite rock themed oni giants, the Goron! Unfortunately this place is frozen over and getting worse... lets hope we can save it before everyone turns into a popsicle! And also dies! With the help of our every watchful owl friend we get a new tool that'll help us with hidden things, and with THAT we find a rather... unfortunate spirit.

One climb up a sheer cliff later, and we've got our second major mask; the Goron Mask! With this, we'll be able to turn into a lovable Goron warrior of unparalleled power! But we'll see just how strong he is next time; until then, take care!

You HAVE to put a pun in the title. Wombat will give you a style point for it! (+1 style point)

First sighting of a Dodongo in majora's mask (and strangely only really in the area of that field and that's it...)! These guys have killed me more than any other enemy due to my impatience, especially the later Huge ones.

One thing that's great about voice over Zodi is that we get impressions of Gorons. I love it.

I believe the axe in the weapons shop is a Dark Knut axe. Also, in honor of the area being frozen, I shall not count those blue rupees as missed because they are currently unobtainable.

RIP Zodi from feathers fading. I honestly thought it was so mean that the platforms were invisible AND icy.

Darmani the dead goron's scar across his torso is definitely a gruesome choice. The invisible ladder puzzle I used to have memorized and didn't need the lens of truth at all. I wonder if I played it again if muscle memory would set in...

Goron mask is probably my favorite form. GOD I LOVE ROLLING.

EPISODE 10 KILL TALLY!

Red Chuchu - 1
    Dodongo - 1
    Blue Tektite - 8
    White Wolfos - 3
    Snapper - 1
    Invisible Big Skulltula - 1

Style Points - 1
    Time Reset Count - 0

Missed Rupees - 0
    Lost Rupees - 0

Majora's Mask
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 10)

Spoiler
    Show

Bee, Giant - 1
    Beehive - 4
    Boe, Black - 21
    Deku Scrubs, Mad - 51
    Dinolfos - 1
    Dodongos - 1
    Eeno - 1
    Gekko - 1
    Leever - 1
    Odolwa - 1
    Snapper - 6
    Tektites, Blue - 8

Avians
    Guay - 24
    Takkuri - 1

Babas
    Baba, Mini - 6
    Baba, Deku - 14

Keese
    Bad Bat - 7
    Keese - 2

Molds
    Dragonfly - 7
    Hiploop - 2
    Insect Minion - 5
    Skulltula, Big - 8
    Skulltula, Big Invisible - 1

Octoroks
    Octoroks, Red - 100
    Octos, Big - 1

Slimes
    Chuchu, Red - 5
    Chuchu, Green - 2

Stal
    Bubble - 5
    Bubble, Blue - 2

Wolfos
    Wolfos - 13
    Wolfos, White - 3

Time Reset Count - 3

Total Things Dead - 305

1st Place - Red Octorok, at 100!
    2nd Place - Mad Deku Scrubs, at 51!
    3rd Place - Guay, at 24!

Total Style Points - 9

Total Missed Rupees - 101
    Total Lost Rupees - 138
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Forms (11)
    Show
    *rolls around in a ball*

Zodi Plays: Majora's Mask [11] Slow Your Roll

Video Length: 27:11

In this episode, we make use of the fact that we have another dead soul turned into a magical disguise. Tricking people into thinking their loved one and hero is alive and helping soothe a child's sadness at the inevitability of his dad dying.

You know, for kids!

Jokes aside, a short but sweet episode as we roll our way to Snowhead Temple and prepare for the actual full on dungeon run. Hope you all enjoyed!

Huzzah new couch! Gotta love ice traction and inclines to get you rolling fast!

Partial song get! Stomping with goron form to open the way to the village was always a thing, even in the original. You can also have the goron guard do it even as a goron, but thats such a waste of your stomping power! Whole song get!

Why do gorons always need torches lit? Its like always torches with these guys!

Ooo fancy chandelier. Would be unfortunate if someone were to break it...oH gods WHY! This is the pumpkin soup restaurant all over again. People count on pots to be broken by link, but I think we have a new standard...

The rock is imported from Dodongo's cavern. But there's also Dodongos here, so it might just be another cavern that they occupy?

Okay that unfurl from roll into the hole was fantastic. +1 style point.

Oh interesting, going swordless/potentially breaking your sword during next dungeon. Let's see what happens! YOU ARE SO LUCKY you are in 3DS. In normal Majora's Mask, owls are only activatable by your sword, meaning you wouldn't have been able to save at Snowhead.

This poor biggoron is living his best life and you lull him asleep to his doom. okay, the climb up the whole path while rolling deserves a style point. +1 style point

EPISODE 11 KILL TALLY!

White Wolfos - 1
    Deku Baba - 2
    Blue Tektite - 5
    White Boe - 4
    Ice Keese - 1

Style Points - 2
    Time Reset Count - 0

Missed Rupees - 0
    Lost Rupees - 0

Majora's Mask
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 11)

Spoiler
    Show

Bee, Giant - 1
    Beehive - 4
    Boe, Black - 21
    Deku Scrubs, Mad - 51
    Dinolfos - 1
    Dodongos - 1
    Eeno - 1
    Gekko - 1
    Leever - 1
    Odolwa - 1
    Snapper - 6
    Tektites, Blue - 13

Avians
    Guay - 24
    Takkuri - 1

Babas
    Baba, Mini - 6
    Baba, Deku - 16

Ghosts
    Boe, White - 4

Keese
    Bad Bat - 7
    Keese - 2
    Keese, Ice - 1

Molds
    Dragonfly - 7
    Hiploop - 2
    Insect Minion - 5
    Skulltula, Big - 8
    Skulltula, Big Invisible - 1

Octoroks
    Octoroks, Red - 100
    Octos, Big - 1

Slimes
    Chuchu, Red - 5
    Chuchu, Green - 2

Stal
    Bubble - 5
    Bubble, Blue - 2

Wolfos
    Wolfos - 13
    Wolfos, White - 4

Time Reset Count - 3

Total Things Dead - 318

1st Place - Red Octorok, at 100!
    2nd Place - Mad Deku Scrubs, at 51!
    3rd Place - Guay, at 24!

Total Style Points - 11

Total Missed Rupees - 101
    Total Lost Rupees - 138
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

15. - Top - End - #405

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post

You HAVE to put a pun in the title. Wombat will give you a style point for it! (+1 style point)

First sighting of a Dodongo in majora's mask (and strangely only really in the area of that field and that's it...)! These guys have killed me more than any other enemy due to my impatience, especially the later Huge ones.

One thing that's great about voice over Zodi is that we get impressions of Gorons. I love it.

I believe the axe in the weapons shop is a Dark Knut axe. Also, in honor of the area being frozen, I shall not count those blue rupees as missed because they are currently unobtainable.

RIP Zodi from feathers fading. I honestly thought it was so mean that the platforms were invisible AND icy.

Darmani the dead goron's scar across his torso is definitely a gruesome choice. The invisible ladder puzzle I used to have memorized and didn't need the lens of truth at all. I wonder if I played it again if muscle memory would set in...

Goron mask is probably my favorite form. GOD I LOVE ROLLING.
    Puns are Necessary!

It's always fun to futz about with silly voices, hehe.

Goron isn't my favorite, but it's close. Very enjoyable round lad!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Huzzah new couch! Gotta love ice traction and inclines to get you rolling fast!

Partial song get! Stomping with goron form to open the way to the village was always a thing, even in the original. You can also have the goron guard do it even as a goron, but thats such a waste of your stomping power! Whole song get!

Why do gorons always need torches lit? Its like always torches with these guys!

Ooo fancy chandelier. Would be unfortunate if someone were to break it...oH gods WHY! This is the pumpkin soup restaurant all over again. People count on pots to be broken by link, but I think we have a new standard...

The rock is imported from Dodongo's cavern. But there's also Dodongos here, so it might just be another cavern that they occupy?

Okay that unfurl from roll into the hole was fantastic. +1 style point.

Oh interesting, going swordless/potentially breaking your sword during next dungeon. Let's see what happens! YOU ARE SO LUCKY you are in 3DS. In normal Majora's Mask, owls are only activatable by your sword, meaning you wouldn't have been able to save at Snowhead.

This poor biggoron is living his best life and you lull him asleep to his doom. okay, the climb up the whole path while rolling deserves a style point. +1 style point
    The new couch is still pretty good but the sides are too high for much lounging, sad to say v_V

Gorons love small amounts of warmth in torch form!

Yeah I imagine whatever the Termina version of Dodongo Cavern is is a lot easier to deal with.

I'm not gonna lie when I do stuff like that in video games- even ones that aren't Zelda- I get the thought "I bet Wombat would think this was pretty slick". This and the rupee counter proves Pavlov's theory.

God right I forgot owl doesn't work with the sword in the N64 version sweet jesus.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2022-09-14 at 04:10 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406

Somnium Files: NirvanA Initiative are done. We made our way through Furi using the DLC character Onnamusha.

Now: help me choose what's next!

Also, saying it here and locking it in. Friday is a holiday so I'll be recording more Majora's Mask!

17. - Top - End - #407

Somnium Files: NirvanA Initiative are done. We made our way through Furi using the DLC character Onnamusha.

Now: help me choose what's next!

Also, saying it here and locking it in. Friday is a holiday so I'll be recording more Majora's Mask!
    I have cast my vote. Also, hoorey.

Also also, I actually know what two of those are.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #408

Alright! Let's Pick some Mins!

...Immediately I hear the audio and flashback to so, so very many innocent creatures that trusted me dying horribly for my careless mistakes. Never did actually beat this game.

Anyway yeah, you go turn this bottom-of-the-food chain prey species into an apex predator, thus irreparably ****ing up the local ecosystem, zodi.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #409

Right yes, I should post this.

Zodi Streams: Pikmin [1] Silly Carrot Adventure

Video Length: 3:08:36

The first ten days of our adventure, where absolutely no one gets brutally turbo killed due to Zodi's negligence!

As per the end of stream, next Saturday may not be a stream since I'll be at the airport waiting for Qwerty to arrive! We may stream on another day though, will keep y'all posted! And, yes, Monday is Majora's Mask!

20. - Top - End - #410

I'm an hour in and you've already done better than I ever have.

So I knew that there were bosses in this game and they dropped stuff, but I never knew that some of the ship parts were just locked into what appeared to be random spawns on the map.

Also, I thought it was weird that you didn't go back for the satellite.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-10-02 at 10:21 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #411

Heaven or hell, duel one, lets rock!

Zodi Plays: Majora's Mask [16] Romani Cancel

Video Length: 28:09

In this episode, we return to Majora's Mask! While I did make sure to check the last video to remind myself of what we were doing, I failed to actually... successfully remind myself, so things get a little off kilter. Thank you for your patience in this time as we readjust to what we be doin'.

On that note the bulk of the episode is going to the fourth region of the game, exploring the Ikana Graveyard and what we can find there. Mostly skeletons, and their boss the big skeleton who makes all the rules. We promptly insert ourselves into his position, and we are reminded that even with goofy bone boys like the Stalchildren and Skull Keeta, this is a game about lose, as he asks us dismiss his men- the war is over, and we can rest.

God this game is good.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Majora's Mask 16: Loop 5, Day 2
    your long ago challenge with Wombat or whoever has really made you a rupee-counter, Zodi

the strongest enemy you've faced so far: Skull Keeta

you got the Skull Captain's Hat! now your an Aragorn!

Link: well, here I go graverobbing again.

Iron Knuckle no sword run challenge lets gooooooo. one try, easy every time.

post-knuckle return trip more challenging than the fight itself.

ah yes, Ikana, probably the clearest example of what happens when you use the Majora's Mask.

....they definitely remade the Gilded Sword for this release, that is not how I remember it. I remember it being more orange-like and darker for some reason.....checked google, I think I was thinking of the old icon art of the gilded sword, because I can't find any images of what the gilded sword was like how I remember it so it seems my memory screwed that up.

23. - Top - End - #413

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Majora's Mask 16: Loop 5, Day 2
    your long ago challenge with Wombat or whoever has really made you a rupee-counter, Zodi

the strongest enemy you've faced so far: Skull Keeta

you got the Skull Captain's Hat! now your an Aragorn!

Link: well, here I go graverobbing again.

Iron Knuckle no sword run challenge lets gooooooo. one try, easy every time.

post-knuckle return trip more challenging than the fight itself.

ah yes, Ikana, probably the clearest example of what happens when you use the Majora's Mask.

....they definitely remade the Gilded Sword for this release, that is not how I remember it. I remember it being more orange-like and darker for some reason.....checked google, I think I was thinking of the old icon art of the gilded sword, because I can't find any images of what the gilded sword was like how I remember it so it seems my memory screwed that up.
    Wombat, yeah. It is incredible how much that little thing has influenced me. I want to get a good grade at playing video games, which is a normal thing to want and possible to achieve.

Few beings compare to Skull Keeta. He is strongest.

Whenever you are recruited into the skeleton war you report to me for your duties. True fact.

I have NO idea how I got owned so hard on the return trip...

Might be an emulator thing if you played it that way. Or just mixing up the art, yeah.

24. - Top - End - #414

So... Boss Bones tells link to tell the smol bones that the war is over.

You get exactly no options to do so. You get "carry on" and "vandalize this grave so I can rob it."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #415

So... Boss Bones tells link to tell the smol bones that the war is over.

You get exactly no options to do so. You get "carry on" and "vandalize this grave so I can rob it."
    Which is weird because I'm PRETTY sure you used to be able to...

26. - Top - End - #416

Which is weird because I'm PRETTY sure you used to be able to...
    Maybe you have to fully clear the grave dungeons?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I'm glad at least we finally got the sword quest done.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

It is fortunate that there are so many things to do in Majora's Mask that even if you mess up doing one thing, you can often still salvage the iteration by doing something completely different.

Ahh, right. The frogs. You've actually run into a couple of them already. And yea, that's a whole THING because you have to do it all in one cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

29. - Top - End - #419

*really delicious guitar twang noise* Zelda.

Zodi Plays: Majora's Mask [17] Fish-bone Guitar

Video Length: 33:37

In this episode, after some flailing around as I try to find out what we should do next... we eventually settle on the realization that we should at least begin the third segment of the game; The Great Bay of Termina. This place doesn't seem, at least at first, to be as bad off as the other ones. None of the NPCs we meet straight away are in immediate danger- except for the dying man but that's like, neither here nor there. We've got the fisherman and his legendary seahorse, which he'll trade to us for... photos of a Gerudo lady, which in Termina are a bunch of water based pirate folk (Ganondorf in Wind Waker is thinking about this and cringing). We've got a creepy old scientist who wants zora eggs (because he's serving as a midwife for the poor Mikau and his lady-zora friend) and his silly little fish that was a little peckish. It's not as immediately bleak as the inevitable ice-death of the Gorons, and not as brutal as the Deku tribe's poisoned swamp and poisoned hearts.

But there is a languid feeling to it all. The ocean is getting warmer, the fish are dying, it is murky and cannot be navigated except by the brightest lights. There's a giant mealstrom of wind out in the distance, a looming threat that no one can really do anything about if it DOES decide to cause problems. Woodfall was consumed by anger, Snowhead was crushed by an oppressive weight, but Great Bay just feels very... accepting of their doom, in a way that hits different from the Gorons. At least, from this initial hit of it, maybe Zora Hall will be different, we'll see!

Until next time!

30. - Top - End - #420

I still don't get how the gilded sword is supposed to work. Gold is a very soft metal and looking at the design it looks like they just completely replaced the blade.

...So is the fisherman supposed to be a Goron or just an ugly human?

that picture of the Gerudo Pirate could have been a lot worse and you know it, Zodi.

Spider-house, spider-house, what the he~ll is a spider-house...

I did not expect you to be able to cut the signs.

...Are those equipped weapons or are his fins boomerangs?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks