New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I still don't get how the gilded sword is supposed to work. Gold is a very soft metal and looking at the design it looks like they just completely replaced the blade.

...So is the fisherman supposed to be a Goron or just an ugly human?

that picture of the Gerudo Pirate could have been a lot worse and you know it, Zodi.

Spider-house, spider-house, what the he~ll is a spider-house...

I did not expect you to be able to cut the signs.

...Are those equipped weapons or are his fins boomerangs?
    Gold is a soft material for your sole creation, but as the name implies it is just gilded. there's an entire regular sword under the gold bits, the gold just reinforces it with the gilding.

Just an ugly dude.

We'll get into what spider-houses are later, hehehe.

Mikau is a Zora warrior, and as such he can fling his forearm fins off as razorsharp boomeranges. Zora are awesome.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Majora's Mask 17: Loop 5, Day 3
    Zodi forgetting her own precautions and state of the lottery, sad to see.

yeah, this bay is in a more subtle state of disarray, not all disasters are ones you can see.

Mikau: I'm dying, hear my final message
    Also Mikau: let me play an entire song with a fishbone guitar about it.

meh, his final performance wasn't as great as when he played Through The Bubbles and the Foam, 4/10.

his tombstone performances aren't any better, I'd give Song of the Zora and Battle song of the Zora both 2's. not going to be topping the charts in the afterlife with this trend Mikau, he really fell off in quality.

yeah, no one likes a nerf, especially when its completely needless like in a single player game.

........I think they might've remastered the guitar sounds to be better here? Maybe. I remember it sounding slightly different.

and the yeah the pirates are sea gerudo. interesting how the Terminan version of them put them in very different context yet they are so recognizably similar despite that.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #423

Bringing this up here as well...

Starting November, my hours at work are getting cut in half, so I'm not going to be making much money. My rent will not be decreasing for awhile as well, so now would be a great time to support me if that's something you're interested in.

Additionally, due to other unrelated factors, stream days are probably going to move to Sunday, same time as usual. I hope that's agreeable for everyone?

4. - Top - End - #424

And thus, Zodi proves herself better at Pikmin than I ever was and ever will be.

Something I want to know: Where do they come from? Like, there are clear signs of an advanced, human-scale society, probably actual humans given some stuff you find in the sequel, but no sign of them currently existing.

Yet, the stuff they left behind is remarkably well preserved. Those cardboard boxes would be destroyed the first time it rained, meaning that whatever happened, they disappeared recently.

So like, did Human engineer pikmin for some reason? Becuase the Onions are biomechanical in nature, they clearly didn't evolve naturally, and maybe some of the other flora/fauna hybrids? And then like, wipe themselves out days before Olimar got here?

And pikmin can't get themselves out of the ground, something has to remove them, so unless the humanoid stage is a byproduct and they're meant to stay in the ground longer for some other development and...

And the flowers that you sacrifice pikmin too and they spit ou seeds of a differant pikmin type... That's an oddly specific thing, they aren't obviously mechanical like the onions but again, not something that you'd think could occur in nature.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #425

And thus, Zodi proves herself better at Pikmin than I ever was and ever will be.

Something I want to know: Where do they come from? Like, there are clear signs of an advanced, human-scale society, probably actual humans given some stuff you find in the sequel, but no sign of them currently existing.

Yet, the stuff they left behind is remarkably well preserved. Those cardboard boxes would be destroyed the first time it rained, meaning that whatever happened, they disappeared recently.

So like, did Human engineer pikmin for some reason? Becuase the Onions are biomechanical in nature, they clearly didn't evolve naturally, and maybe some of the other flora/fauna hybrids? And then like, wipe themselves out days before Olimar got here?

And pikmin can't get themselves out of the ground, something has to remove them, so unless the humanoid stage is a byproduct and they're meant to stay in the ground longer for some other development and...

And the flowers that you sacrifice pikmin too and they spit ou seeds of a differant pikmin type... That's an oddly specific thing, they aren't obviously mechanical like the onions but again, not something that you'd think could occur in nature.
    I don't think the planet was abandoned recently. The note Olimar gives is that the planet's environment is toxic, so my personal guess is that the planet has been through some sort of environmental apocalypse. The world is still alive, still adapting, still creating nature that can live in this world, since it's been long enough... but nothing human remains. This does raise questions about the cardboard boxes, but my read on them is that they're secretly nests for Sheargrubs and the like. They eat wood after all, they could be like paper wasps, devouring pulp and then creating structures from it. They just make boxes instead, and the numbers are incidental. Later stuff we see has way more wear and tear on it, after all.

As for the Pikmin, I think they are capable of picking themselves, but they're a species that is prone to internal collapse due to predation. Any command units that grow don't last long enough to do much more than grow the population enough to feed predators, and the onion uses the left over energy to propagate more. My personal opinion is that the singular seed shot out from an Onion on the full wipe-out of a Pikmin is the next command unit, and they function similarly to how Olimar commands them. Notedly, if Olimar fails to escape, they bring him to an onion and he gets turned into a Pikmin, it wouldn't be 100% unlikely that this would be an attempt to revive him before the wilderness wipes out the Pikmin.

As for the tech-integration a fair number of species in this world show... I think part of that is just the natural adaptations of a post apocolypse world. The environment is beautiful but deadly, ad constantly shifting. It would make sense that some species start incorporating the surrounding pollutants into their being. All of the spiders being basically walking orbs full of organs and goodies (with the most advanced of them having a variety of high power machinery at its disposable that it seamlessly integrates on the fly) seem to imply that pretty heavily. And that's not even getting into the Water Wraith and the golden siren from the third game.

======

Also, as a heads up: next week will be streamed Sunday, and as said in video we're gonna be going to the next game on that pole we did. So that's gonna be a blind stream of Gris!

6. - Top - End - #426

Olimar says that the environment is toxic because it has oxygen.

While large quantities of oxygen are toxic, the note seems to imply that any amount of oxygen is toxic to Olimar's species. So whatever happened it wasn't that.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #427

Olimar says that the environment is toxic because it has oxygen.

While large quantities of oxygen are toxic, the note seems to imply that any amount of oxygen is toxic to Olimar's species. So whatever happened it wasn't that.
    Fair point. He is very tiny, Earth may have too much oxygen for him. Maybe the environmental apocalypse got fixed by all the monster plant life-forms?

8. - Top - End - #428

So I looked it up, apparently, Pikmin's planet is Earth 250 million years in the future.

...Which, raises some questions about how some of those treasures can still be around in the later games.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #429

So I looked it up, apparently, Pikmin's planet is Earth 250 million years in the future.

...Which, raises some questions about how some of those treasures can still be around in the later games.
    Pikmin clearly takes place in a future where everything has a thin layer of Nintendium on it, making them indestructible.

Also a note; stream will happen tomorrow at the typical time (12:30 mountain time). This is the schedule change I mentioned earlier in thread, just posting it here to make sure y'all know.

10. - Top - End - #430

Zodi, I saw the stream highlight.

Are... Are you okay?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

Are... Are you okay?
    Yes she is okay, she just had a moment of catharsis from a scare, its better if you watch the whole thing Gris is good artsy game about grief and mourning.

12. - Top - End - #432

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yes she is okay, she just had a moment of catharsis from a scare, its better if you watch the whole thing Gris is good artsy game about grief and mourning.
    I'll get to it in a bit. Kind of backed up on stuff I need to watch.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #433

Are... Are you okay?
    I'm okay I just got did a real frighten

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Second this whenever y'all have the time. I'll post the link below.

I'll get to it in a bit. Kind of backed up on stuff I need to watch.
    Very understandable! Hope you enjoy when you do.

======

Zodi Streams: GRIS

Video Length: 3:34:06

Gris is a game about lose, acceptance, and the path to it. It is a beautiful artsy game that I can't really do justice just by talking about here. I do recommend you watch it.

Volume warning for certain parts of the water area. To put it lightly the game successfully drew me and did a very big scare.

14. - Top - End - #434

Just a heads up; stream will be today, not Sunday, this week and probably next week! Me and Qwerty are doing the Pokemon Colosseum randomizer like last week! Hope you all enjoy.

(Sorry for lack of videos; I was all prepped and ready to record stuff but then my job got sliced in half and I had to hustle to find a way to continue living. I'm starting my new Job Nov 21st though! This week there'll be more Zelda, and more consistent Zelda now that life has settled down).

15. - Top - End - #435

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    (Sorry for lack of videos; I was all prepped and ready to record stuff but then my job got sliced in half and I had to hustle to find a way to continue living. I'm starting my new Job Nov 21st though! This week there'll be more Zelda, and more consistent Zelda now that life has settled down).
    Hooray! Go Zodi, mask them Majoras.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #436

Internet decided to be ****y so we're going to try streaming tomorrow instead.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah sometimes internet fairies just decide to randomly make things not work, too bad. cya tomorrow then!

18. - Top - End - #438

So... How are Pokemon randomizers a thing, anyway?

I notice you're streaming one but I never saw the appeal.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #439

So... How are Pokemon randomizers a thing, anyway?

I notice you're streaming one but I never saw the appeal.
    I don't know all the specifics since I'm not a programmer (Qwerty would be better suited for that) but the basics of it is that there is a little program outside of the game that you put the game into, fill in some options, and then it scrambles the data so that it gets the desired outcome of "changing up what these little buddies are".

That's the mechanical answer anyway. For the functional answer; people really like Pokemon, and really like trying to inject more of a challenge, or more of a variety, into Pokemon, so they often turn to dark magics and the like. With Colosseum especially it's interesting because of the double battle format and the fact that your resources ARE so limited.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

yeah, randomizers are a thing the same way nuzlockes are thing: because people are too attached to the pokemon franchise they know to seek out some other game that is pokemon-like but more challenging (which to be fair wasn't much of a thing until recently when some came on Steam) but they still find it to easy, so they start changing up how they play it or additional rules that make you have to think of things you normally wouldn't. honestly just a randomizer is pretty light, there are some people who do pokemon challenges that are crazy things with like a million rules and you die once you restart the whole run and such.

even I kinda try to challenge myself by seeking out primarily new pokemon in each gen and catch female ones only, though these aren't rules so much as preferences, as I tend to overlook the starter as they are male 90% of the time and if I see a previous gen 'mon I really like I will use that out of preference.

21. - Top - End - #441

So, I see there is more Paper Mario... and you almost laugh yourself to death over your own mistakes before the game even starts.

Not gonna lie, part of me gets concerned for your health every time you laugh like that.

Seasonal variant screen art is nice... But I see that Robin's eyes have changed color in the interim. Wish I could recalibrate my eyeballs...

Given the fact that the next game's English localizations censors the fact that one of the characters is transfem, even if one of the spirits did use it/its pronouns I wouldn't assume it to be because of progressiveness.

Spelling was invented by publishing companies to sell more dictionaries.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-12-27 at 03:58 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #442

So, I see there is more Paper Mario... and you almost laugh yourself to death over your own mistakes before the game even starts.

Not gonna lie, part of me gets concerned for your health every time you laugh like that.

Seasonal variant screen art is nice... But I see that Robin's eyes have changed color in the interim. Wish I could recalibrate my eyeballs...

Given the fact that the next game's English localizations censors the fact that one of the characters is transfem, even if one of the spirits did use it/its pronouns I wouldn't assume it to be because of progressiveness.

Spelling was invented by publishing companies to sell more dictionaries.
    Forgot to respond to this due to a variety of factors.

Look sometimes my friends are really funny. And I do appreciate the concern Rater- know that it is not uncommon, people get concerned by my laughing fits all the time. They're safe, though, no problem.

Robin recalibratted them for Pokemon Violet, which ironically fit the purple colour of Sainte Nuit quite well. What a powerful skill!

Yeah... and lets not forget the two friends who are girls who live in Toad Town after moving in together. Completely normal behavior.

True!

23. - Top - End - #443

I've already noted just how weird it is that Mario has been falsely accused of crimes and then just assumed to be guilty on flimsy evidence more than once. At least this time he's getting a chance to prove his innocence. In Sunshine, the actual criminal can run right passed the police and they won't even budge and they still think you did it after saving the day.

Darth titles, if we're going by Legends, seem to be descriptions of the Sith in question. For example, the Sith Inquisitor in the Old Republic can gain one of three titles depending on the choices they've made: If you have made mostly dark side choices, you're called Darth Nox due to your devotion to the Dark Side, if you've made a balance of light side and dark side choices you get dubbed Darth Obscurus since nobody's quite sure of your true motives, and if you're somehow a light sider you get the title Darth Imperius because your unorthodox, out of the box tactic of not being a raging ******* has caused you to develop a very impressive power base.

So Zodi, you'd probably be something like... Darth Scriptor, referring to your talent and an author and creator

...Of course, Darth Zash is just... Zash's actual name. She didn't take a new title when she was promoted from Lord to Darth. so Darth Zodi might be appropriate after all.

Incidentally, while Vader being "father" in german is true, that was not intended as a hint that he was Luke's father as that was a retcon. Lucas claimed it was always the plan, but he's been known to lie about that ****.

I mean, do you know what Hemmingway sounded like?

Unfortunately, having been assimilated into Mario's stand, Goombario shall never grow old enough to learn to read.

As of nothing, the Mayor of Townsville's name was Mayor Mayor. So Mayor Mayor was elected Mayor.

...And he wasn't even dead, what the ****? How incompetent is that detective?

...I don't know why, but the wife's reaction and the Mayor's line made me think of th eIirish Folk song Finnegan's Wake. Tim Finnegan, a workman who has a love of whiskey and has "a drop of the crayture every morn" dies from falling off his ladder. His wake, in the Irish tradition, is a celebration of his life rather than a mourning of his passing and, like many an Irish party involved consumption of alcohol. And one thing lead to another, it turned into a brawl, a bottle of whiskey got shattered above Tim and spilled over his corpse, and then...

"Tim revives! See how he rises. Timothy rising from the bed. Said 'Whirl your whiskey around like blazes. Thundering Jesus, do you think I'm dead?'"

Whiskey, you see, is derived from a Gaelic phrase that means roughly "the water of life."

And I kind of get the feeling that this isn't the first time something like this has happened. You're gonna come back through and immediately get arrested because everyone thinks he's dead again.

You know... It's kind of suspicious that the small town from Murder She Wrote has so many homicides. More homicides per capita than it should. And whenever the protagonist leaves town, there happens to be a murder at her destination. By the entire series the majority of th epopulation of the town should be dead or moved to somewhere safer.

so Koopa Junior or whatever his name is is both a magikoopa and a paratroopa? I suppose that next time he'll be able to breathe fire like Bowser and his children...

...Wait, is he supposed to be the same Koopa subspecies as browser?

Oh no! He has PlayStation magic!

"There once was a Koopa from Nantucket, who kept all his coins in a bucket. One day came a plumber, whose theft made Koopa feel dumber, and so the Koopa said 'darn it.'"

...For the record, the orignal version of the Man from Nantucket was perfectly safe for work. The more well-known one was a parody.

Mario in Final Fantasy

"I'mma cast Fire-a on you!" *proceeds to cast fire.*

"That was just fire."

"That's-a what I said-a, Fire-a."

"No that's."

"Whose-ona first, anyway."

Tell Robin she had nothing to be anxious about regarding the lyrics.

...Monstar's aura gives me void envy.

So... Is there a reason why a bunch of babies in a trenchcoat attacked you?

Unpopular opinion: If raising kids is like fighting a war every day then you're a bad parent.

So... Regarding that "ROG where the non-human races evolve into stronger forms bit it's Mario" idea I mentioned back when you recruited Bombette if tar Kids were a race and being a full-fledged Star Spirit was their final form, what would the middle stages be?

"Bad with names though. Mine's Martin but he keeps calling me Mario."

Are we just assuming that the weather here is like in Yellowknife in winter? When ice crystals in the air mean that walking when it's windy is like getting a face full of knives?

...I don't get the Lewis joke.

It's gonna turn out that Mario just needs to wear a scarf and mittens because of how cold it is.

I think you missed one of the Ninjis.

...Oh, it's the bucket that the Koopa from Nantucket kept his coins in.

Fire shell is five.

White chocolate is life. It is second only to dark chocolate.

Are you really a ghost if you've ascended beyond your plane of existence?

I too would like to wear fancy clothes and take long, enthusiastic walks.

The guy who voiced Mario also voiced Paarthurnax.

Goombas are l like Cotton Hill, ain't no shins so they have knees instead of ankles.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #444

*edited for length*
    One day Mario will arrive in a new place and be hailed a hero on entry because they're aware of how good a dude he is or something. Today is not that day.

Aww, thanks for the compliment. Darth Scriptor also has like, just a bit of goofy menace that I think a good sith name would need.

Yes actually, we do know what Hemmingway sounds like!

Mayor Mayor, I was recently acquainted with Supreme Sea Sea in Yugioh, and of course there's Moon Moon... I love double names like this.

The inspector never learned how to take a pulse! It happens!

Finnegan's Wake is a good bit of fun.

I've always kinda figured magikoopa and parakoopa were titles, and not a species. Like, a magikoopas are koopas who have learned wizardry, and parakoopas are koopas who are trained at using the super-wings. So I figure Jr. Troopa here is just a really quick study when it comes to various magics and items.

Only if a bunch of babies decided to stack together, put on a big spooky costume, and attack people... I feel like that's motive enough for it to happen. They thought it'd be a great idea! More seriously it's likely because they're scared and Doing Something is better than Not.

The middle stage of star kids and star spirits is "star teen who is good enough to fight but must protect themselves and thus possesses an appropriate object suited for combat", kinda like Geno.

If Twink ever were to say Luigi's name during this game, it'd come out as Lewis. Ergo any time Luigi makes a wish, if Twink were to grant it, he'd grant Luigi's wish... to a rando named Lewis.

RE "are you a ghost if you've ascended beyond this your plane of existence" yes, absolutely. You've left the physical plane and are now living as an ascended spirit- which is a type of ghost. The Chozo on Talon IV are a good example of this... and a good example of how that can be dangerous for your psyche if there's any semi-sentient psionic mutagen around. Also note to self; stream Metroid Prime.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Only if a bunch of babies decided to stack together, put on a big spooky costume, and attack people... I feel like that's motive enough for it to happen. They thought it'd be a great idea! More seriously it's likely because they're scared and Doing Something is better than Not.
    I always figured the star kids made the Monstar illusion to protect Starborn Valley from Bowser's minions or the local monsters. after all there are piranha plants and gulpin around, they're threatening and the toads and ninjis at Starborn Valley are probably more trained in caring for kids than fighting people. Bowsers minions have never shown themselves to be particularly intelligent so I can see them falling for scooby doo villain scare tactics, and the caretakers let the star kids do it because it keeps them all safe- besides the star kids with their ability to fly are faster than anyone on foot so if anyone has the best chance of escaping battle and letting everyone else know of danger its them.

and it makes sense for them to even attack Mario because the duplighosts exist and might've used the mario disguise to try and sneak in before. as they demonstrate when they try to imitate Kooper, the duplighosts are perfectly capable of taking forms of people that aren't in the immediate vicinity, and mario's personality would be more well known than all of them because of his fame.

also the star kids are at the very least, a little magical and due to what we see later can get more magical and powerful from people believing in them and they have an entire small town of people who believe them- also if Twink is any indication, Star kids are tougher than they seem.

26. - Top - End - #446

Oh hey, Racoon McCrime-Boy and the Crime Boy Gang Three: Crime Harder. Neat.

Just saw the upload, will have thoughts later.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #447

Oh hey, Racoon McCrime-Boy and the Crime Boy Gang Three: Crime Harder. Neat.

Just saw the upload, will have thoughts later.
    I completely forgot to upload it after the stream ooops busy with stuff.

28. - Top - End - #448

Such a mysterious device that totally isn't a mining drill.

I'm sorry, didn't the last game end with Turtleboy retiring due to a bad case of owl-induced-paraplegia? Are they not gonna explain that?

Those shadowed-out people with familiar voices and silhouettes?

"Magic exists, Magic is real" was a thing in the first game. Sly is basically a wizard thief himself though he... stopped using most of it in the second game.

...Is the M for monkey?

Yeah, master thieves... Hoard the wealth, don't just spend on stuff or give it away or anything.

"The controls aren't working" is like, the story of any Streamer's life, yeah?

Ah yes, the dreaded forced tutorial.

Bit of Trivia regarding Ratatouille... Remmy's size and proportions are indicative of a female rat. This is of course obviously an oversite but it does give the mental image of Remmy's dad being completely accepting of a transgender son but still forbidding his other dreams.

...Was it always just Murray who retired?

So this game clearly doesn't mean anything bad about it but I jut can't help but m reminded that this franchise is kind of bad about cultural sensitivity.

Mother****ing Mafia Boss literally has his face on a billboard.

...I'm pretty sure that Darkwing Duck is supposed to be based on The Shadow, actually. At least in terms of visual appearance.

Where the hell did Dimitri get that cigar while in prison?

Yeah, cut a deal with and trust Demitri, the guy you know to have come from an entire crew of backstabbers. That'll end well.

Once more the cops are just allowed to hire mercenaries.

Hundred thousand euros? What's that in real money?

Foxy McCopper is kind of a bitch in this one.

...Bently, saving her was your idea. You sawshe wasin danger and called Sly.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #449

Sly 3 Stuff!
    Nope! It seemed like Bentley might retire, but it turns out that as soon as he recovered he was not only back in the game, he was MORE ready. A brush with death means nothing to his friends, and "I can no longer walk" is a problem that he can fix fairly easy. He DID always do his best work from the chair, after all.

Yeah magic exists in this setting and we all know it, but; it's nice to be reminded because sometimes you'll just run into a wizard out of nowhere.

The M stands for Maurice, actually. (this is sarcasm I have no idea what it means)

The Dad from Ratatouille *handshake emoji* Kaido from One Piece: being okay with your son's trans identity but throwing a fit when they mention a career you don't approve of.

Sly as a franchise is Very bad at cultural sensitivity, and all entirely in the manner of "they mean all the good intention but are kind of dense about it".

Look the mafia just does this, look at Mugshot's domain.

There's at least ONE crooked guard in the place he could buy one from...

By modern standards that would be 108,647.00 United States Dollar.

Carmalita is the only character who undergoes a complete metamorphosis between each game.

Bentley is a good wingman in that he will help you do the thing, but tell you you shouldn't the entire way. Like yeah this got rid of some baddies in our path, and yeah it'll help Sly out with the girl he likes, but also we really shouldn't actually do this.

30. - Top - End - #450

Sly, pretty much all you do is help the cops. You exclusively target criminals and jobs always end with the evidence of their crimes exposed, said criminal in no state to resist arrest, and robbed of all resources that could be used to keep themselves out of prison.

If Carmelita was a little more crooked she'd be less insistent on catching you, seeing as how you are directly responsible for her padding out her arrest record with dozens of international super-criminals.

Actually, it'd be kind of hilarious if Carmaleita just wasn't that good a cop and Sly is indirectly responsible for all of her success.

1: How did he rig the tar to flow into the fountain and 2: What purpose does this serve? Is this just being evil for the sake of it?

Oh my god, he is god-damn Captain Planet Vilain.

Good thing this mission is generous with check-points.

...I'm sorry, how does "pollute the canals and kill small defenseless animals" translate to "force people to like Opera?" Lion-Dog Man might be a delusional psychopath.

My understanding is that we don't talk about Sly 4. More or less exclusively because it's the game that means that Bently isn't better than Otocon after all.

It's not just a vaudeville cane. It's also a key.

Tehccnailly its only robbery if you threaten or inflict violence on the person you're taking the money from. So this is just burglary.

Now, when you inevitably beat the crap out of Octavio, then it will become robbery.

..That cat totally saw you crawl out of that vent. There's no freaking way it didn't it. It just didn't want to do anything about it till it knew for a fact yo were opening the door.

Aborigional Ball Form... Freezus Iced there is no way in hell these games can be remastered.

Venice is flooded for a reason, Zodi. They didn't build it that way, all those canals used to be streets and it sinks a little bit more every year. They chose a bad place for a city and just refuse to leave. I remember an article from like ten years ago, apparently, for a bit they were considering tying balloons to the major landmarks to try and hold the city up.

Tar is, however, not that reason.

Alternatively, if no one shows up he'll sink the whole city out of spite.

I mean, you're mostly liquid. You're basically a bunch of tubes and fibers made mostly of water filled with various deadly chemicals bundled up in tiny boxes made of fat and then wraped around bleeding rocks.

Bently that was in terrible taste.

Yeah, the episode where Bender transitions to female to cheat in the robot Olympics and then stayed that way to seduce a man out of his money aged very poorly. I'm honestly surprised that that episode still makes it to air. Like, it's presented as a bad thing that Bender is doing but... Yeah.

Obviously what the game is doing is making you put together a crew. You're gonna run into Demitri again later and when you tell him what the plan is he's gonna be like "you son of a bitch, I'm in."

That appears to be a personal pizza.

I would hide a number in the painting... But it would be the wrong number.

And the vault would have a fake version of whatever I'm hiding inside.

Rest in spaghetti, am I right?

On the one hand, refusing to help clean pollution until the pollution is clean is... A thing, but on the other hand... Bently, don't encourage your friend to be violent. If this more peaceful and spiritual path is making him happy and he's not being obnoxious or hurting anyone then that's his business.

"The ingenious plan to escalate the conflict between organized crime and law enforcement into a literal turf war, thus killing dozens at least." Are we sure that the cooper gang are the good guys?

Four semesters of college Spanish. Was supposed to be fluent, I am not. My mom once wanted me to translate when my aunt's boyfriend's mother was visiting from Mexico and would tag along to our fourth of July Party and I was like "that's not happening." I knew enough to tell her that the translation ap on her phone confused ser with estar.

Like I have no idea what furious scribbles said, like... "I don't you are nothing Spanish, but I'd like to actually why yes?"

"Mercenaries who can't hit the broad side of a barn, you fought with distinction and honor even though I did all the work."

Oh my god, Octavio is a dumbass.

Carmelita is like a Marvel Universe Cop: Only competent when it would be an inconvenience to the protagonists... Seriously, Deadpool once got arrested... during an alien invasion. While fighting the aliens. At a point in time when he was the king of a sovereign nation and had diplomatic immunity. As was a time-traveling Conan the Barbarian. The implication was that some NYPD officers decided that the city being overrun by hostile klyntar was a perfectly fine excuse to turn the police hounds on random people and then arrest anyone who defended themselves for assaulting an officer. New York under Mayor Fisk everybody.

Sly needs help: "I can't help you Sly, I renounced violence" Bently in danger: "Murray Mad, Murray Smash, get revenge on world!"

You forgot that they got Murray back in the level where the explicit goal was getting Murray back?

I like how 3d mode is just regular gameplay with worse graphics and the colors faded or greyed out.

It's not even accurate: Only a small fraction of Yellowblooded trolls are Geminis and they don't always have blue-red heterochromia/eyewear, other color combos also exist.

Klara Prast, of the Runaways, is time traveler from the year 1907. In the present day, she's cloud-watching with Molly and comments that the sky looks brown to her. Molly thinks it might have something to do with there being an extra century of air pollution.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks