New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

OOPS guess who forgot it was Monday because time has no meaning when you're unemployed at the moment.

Zodi Plays: Majora's Mask [24] Disaster Temple

Video Length: 39:25

I'll go over my thoughts on this dungeon when I've finished it, but uh... suffice it to say, I do not remember having this much trouble with it. I don't recall my time with it in the N64 version, but when I first got the 3DS version I very definitively remember "Well damn that was easy, don't get why the big fuss was".

I am looking at past me with daggers in my eyes. Tell me your secrets you heel.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I am looking at past me with daggers in my eyes. Tell me your secrets you heel.
    She wasn't being recorded.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah....I know that feel, Zodi. I know that feel. But hey, at least your doing something about it, thats better than some.

Majora's Mask 24: Loop 7, Day 3
    Wart is so creepy and.....uuuugh.

I'd say the arrows are efficient minimalism, given how many masks you get to solve this or that instead. Link doesn't have as much room for his usual bunch of tools so he has to make do with a smaller toolkit because he's carrying around so many masks.

as for the Tears of the Kingdom, I'd say its real interesting how they combined minecraft-like making stuff with LoZ's usual adventure. yet oddly even this doesn't make me feel compelled to actually buy any Zelda. maybe I'm just more invested in the strange fan theories about Zelda than the actual thing, because the actual thing will never be more than just "hero saves the kingdom over and over again".
    or maybe its because I just never got invested into LoZ as a kid. I don't know why, its lore is interesting in places.

and yeah, I've heard a lot about how Water Temple is much maligned by zelda fans. I imagine the big fan making the water spin like that was a factor, which makes finding your way harder because your constantly be turned and spun around which can mess up your orientation and navigation. another thing seems to be that water temple is real non-linear, and also its a water level and people to not like those, probably because water logic isn't something everyone deals with normally.

Zora Link playing the guitar while clock town ends, letting out his frustration about Water Temple being so complicated.

On Morgante and archangels:
    oh yeah your right, they do come to Wyrral intentionally. Hm. there must be some reason why they do that then. what makes Wyrral so important that these powerful beings want to dominate the people there? given the offscreen war and the interdimensional nature of Wyrral, it might be the key to traveling to all the universes....
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #544

The water temple appears to be made of frustration.

Edit: Not gonna lie, kind of prefer Mardiusa. "Nothing to see here, just a bunch of sneks that want to be pretty."

Edit: Mer-Line
    Morganate
    (not seen but mentioned)Mordread.

Merlin, Morgana, Mordred.

Throw in the poem at the beginning mentioning the tail of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight...
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-05-24 at 06:18 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

Question I thought up: if you could apply Majora's Mask three day loop gimmick to another game or franchise, what would it be?

6. - Top - End - #546

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Question I thought up: if you could apply Majora's Mask three day loop gimmick to another game or franchise, what would it be?
    ...Thinking it over, it might be neat with a Psychonauts spin-off.

Something similar to Rhombus of Ruin where Raz and co are isolated in an area where you need to use Raz's powers to solve problems and then there's one really, really unstable person, probably with something chemically or organically wrong with them so it's not as simple as just therapizing them, like Laboto was.

You only have so much time to solve everything, get into the guy's head, and resolve enough of his issues to render him a non-threat before he does the thing and when you inevitably fail the first time Raz's instinctively channels his immense but as of yet untapped psychic power into the Time Bubble Power and Chronikinsises himself back to the start of the conflict.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #547

Hope you don't mind the double post but it's been a while and also a new video that I'm a bit late on.

Didn't care for OK KO. They did a couple of crossover episodes with older shows—Captain Planet and the Planeteers and Scooby Doo and The Ghoul School that I know of for sure—that came across as somewhat disrespectful to me.

I think that since Mp3s are a digital file storage format, Mp3 monsters would just be Digimon... Possibly an offshoot subspecies, similar to the Aplimon(who are Digmon made specifically from Smartphone Aps and have a different set of evolutionary stages.)

"Oh hey, rogue fusion" *rogue fusion is actually a swarm of Pomeranians*

The construction guy uses traffic cone-themed monsters... Because traffic is often redirected when construction is happening?

Until further notice, I'm going to assume that Lodstein's second form is some kind of Sheepsquatch.

I think if they were doing that it would be "Fun Goghku."

As of nothing, I really want to see a Miasmodeus/Deci Belle fusion.

I love how you accidentally did the best strategy by completely guessing wrong on what they'd be.

...Oh I should never go to New Wirral. I have... many OCs and several of them have good reason to hate me.

...Is she supposed to look like a smol child? Becuase that makes the already awkward even worse.

I could float away on a raft made of the Gramaphone Cafe theme.

I for one welcome our new selachian overlords.

Seriously, Kuneko just looks and acts like an overeager tryhard preteen who just got really into Anime... Which is fitting, don't get me wrong.

Ah, the perils of sequence breaking.

The implication might be "that they have food at all."

...Well, that was a trip. Farewell, demon-angel-kitty thing who looks too young to be left alone.

...So is Kuneko best character or is Barkley best character?

I wasn't aware that she was wearing shoes until I saw the sketch. The sprite art for both forms looked barefoot but looking it up she does seem to be wearing slippers.

Okay, Landkeepers... the Housing Markt and Economy are doing just fine in New Wirral. Any place where they will just give you a house has to be doing pretty swell. Stop dressing it up in fancy language, you just want money.

Next time is Vengence?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #548

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Hope you don't mind the double post but it's been a while and also a new video that I'm a bit late on.

I think that since Mp3s are a digital file storage format, Mp3 monsters would just be Digimon... Possibly an offshoot subspecies, similar to the Aplimon(who are Digmon made specifically from Smartphone Aps and have a different set of evolutionary stages.)

As of nothing, I really want to see a Miasmodeus/Deci Belle fusion.

I love how you accidentally did the best strategy by completely guessing wrong on what they'd be.

...Oh I should never go to New Wirral. I have... many OCs and several of them have good reason to hate me.

...Is she supposed to look like a smol child? Becuase that makes the already awkward even worse.

Seriously, Kuneko just looks and acts like an overeager tryhard preteen who just got really into Anime... Which is fitting, don't get me wrong.

...So is Kuneko best character or is Barkley best character?

Okay, Landkeepers... the Housing Markt and Economy are doing just fine in New Wirral. Any place where they will just give you a house has to be doing pretty swell. Stop dressing it up in fancy language, you just want money.

Next time is Vengence?
    Don't mind at all! There will be a new video tomorrow Majora wise, just been dealing with stuff.

Honestly that's a good point, though we know that Digimon are separated in files, viruses, and vaccines so I'm not sure it'd fully work- and some are just explicitly programs.

Will keep that in mind!

God, same. Completely falling backwards into a good strategy by accident is like, my favorite aspect of this game, I think.

To be fair it isn't EVERY OC that gets created. Probably just Felix's, due to his personal embarrassment over it.

Kuneko is definitely intended to be like, the younger early-teen protagonist she's designed to be, and thus she feels like a goofy little sister. I like it, honestly.

I haven't engaged with Barkley yet but Kuneko will be stiff competition.

The Landkeepers are a wild example of "I know writers who use subtext and they're cowards" and I love them. Next time we WILL get our revengeance!

======

Regarding the actually very cool question of "what game would you put a three day cycle on?", I've been thinking about this a lot and... I'm not sure. Cause on the one hand it's cool, but it'd be super stressful in a lot of games, and super "this basically doesn't matter" in others... I think, however, that the best place to put it would be on a sort of stealth thief game. A readjustment of Sly Cooper to be more about the thievius and less about the raccoonus, if that makes sense.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pretty sure all my OCs are more powerful than me, like if we're talking earliest, the earliest one I have would be this 10,000 year old dragon inventor who'd act very much like the doctor, she wouldn't care, she'd be too busy being a zany mad scientist studying paradoxes in reality or something. its the more down to earth and sensible ones that would probably hate me, and to all of those, I'd just be like "I'm a nerd, autistic, transgender, probably undiagnosed adhd, I hear better in my right ear than left ear, I must wear a retainer every night when I go to bed, if your feeling like your life is hard mode/suffering, congratulations I wrote you from experience" or "what would you'd want to be written as a mary sue? you know you dislike or even hate those characters as much as I do, your from MY mind, you can't lie to me, you'd never want that."

10. - Top - End - #550

Okay, from the top!

Zodi Plays: Majora's Mask [25] Great Bay Catch Up

Video Length: 31:08

Starting over from a fresh cycle, it is time to do the Great Bay Temple right! For the most part, anyway...

------

Also somewhat related: I've been uploading "Mist and Fire", the Cursed World side story I started back in November, to Royal Road. You can read it here, if it pleases you.

Also also, Happy Pride everyone!

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

Majora's Mask 25: Loop 8, Day 1
    Also known as: Revenge on Fish Loop

Heh, you can't kill water by punching it.

not much to comment on here, since all we're doing is getting back to where we were so....question time!

So Zodi, would you say Majora's Mask Water Temple is the most frustrating/hard/confusing dungeon in all of Legend of Zelda, or does that dishonor belong to some other dungeon? because there are a lot of dungeons in LoZ and you've played a lot of Zelda. like where does this Water Temple rate on the scale of fun to not fun? If you could, how would you change this dungeon to be better?

if there was one ability from Tears of the Kingdom you could use in Majora's Mask, what would it be?

If this version of Link somehow got the Four Sword and split into four to go do each temple separately, thus making this a multiplayer experience which three people would you play it with to work together to beat Majora's Mask?

silly question time: I once read a paper mario fanfic where Link, Samus and Kirby all joined paper mario on his first three adventures: Paper Mario, Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario. If you wanted to, how would you write such a crossover?

regardless of that question however, what would you crossover Legend of Zelda with if you could? the franchise has gone through multiple tones and directions over time and depending on what games one draws upon could go in a lot of directions for that.

Finally, If you could choose a Triforce piece to wield what would it be? Power, Wisdom or Courage?

12. - Top - End - #552

...so Fish Temple seems less frustrating te second time.

@Raz: In my case... I'm not particularly brave or wise so I think that just leaves Power by default.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #553

So Zodi, would you say Majora's Mask Water Temple is the most frustrating/hard/confusing dungeon in all of Legend of Zelda, or does that dishonor belong to some other dungeon? because there are a lot of dungeons in LoZ and you've played a lot of Zelda. like where does this Water Temple rate on the scale of fun to not fun? If you could, how would you change this dungeon to be better?

if there was one ability from Tears of the Kingdom you could use in Majora's Mask, what would it be?

If this version of Link somehow got the Four Sword and split into four to go do each temple separately, thus making this a multiplayer experience which three people would you play it with to work together to beat Majora's Mask?

silly question time: I once read a paper mario fanfic where Link, Samus and Kirby all joined paper mario on his first three adventures: Paper Mario, Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario. If you wanted to, how would you write such a crossover?

regardless of that question however, what would you crossover Legend of Zelda with if you could? the franchise has gone through multiple tones and directions over time and depending on what games one draws upon could go in a lot of directions for that.

Finally, If you could choose a Triforce piece to wield what would it be? Power, Wisdom or Courage?
    It has, admitidly, been awhile since I've played some of the earlier games in this retrospect of Zelda I started Too Long Ago To Think, but I don't think any dungeon is as frustrating as "there's a tiny little widigit you need to hit Right Here" in Great Bay Temple. Gamer's Don't Look Up, I know, I know, and in retrospect that is on me, but still. I can't really think of any other time I was like... frustrated, with a dungeon?

I feel like the versatility of the Ultra Hand would be best, but ultimately none of the Tears abilities work great alone. You need all of them to have perfect synergy. Recall is probably the most useful in terms of resetting puzzle elements in this game though... and could be used to rewind time as a whole, perhaps, within limits.

I'm honestly not sure how four player Zelda would work in a Designed For One Player style Zelda game. Adding an extra Link doesn't make this chain much different, you know?

I'm unsure how I would write that sort of thing. Fan-fic is not something that comes easy to me. Hm... it'd certainly be in narrative voice, where the reader isn't in the character's heads. I don't think these characters benefit THAT much from being inside their brain with them... though the Mario movie- midway through typing this I remembered my idea for a Kirby nintendo movie ala Mario and I've come to the conclusion I'd write a Paper Mario story featuring all these folk under that assumption, that it is the movie canon, and I'd write them how I'd write them in that.

I think Zelda would crossover best with Final Fantasy honestly. Both ways, even; Link as an RPG protagonist with various weapon skills, and also exploring a Final Fantasy world as a hero doing Legend of Zelda style gameplay.

I have courage and wisdom aplenty, so give me Power.

...so Fish Temple seems less frustrating te second time.

@Raz: In my case... I'm not particularly brave or wise so I think that just leaves Power by default.
    The lack of pressure due to being at the start of day 1 makes it a lot more chill, imho.

14. - Top - End - #554

Seal social hierarchy depends on the breed of seal. Elephant seals, for example, have the biggest, fattest seal who mates with all the females and the smaller males are basically sol unless they can sneak around and court a female while the big one is distracted.

But yeah, Raz's is right. The term "alpha" in this context comes from a study on wolves that was later found to be based on faulty reasoning and even the guy who did it was like "no, I ****ed up, this isn't normal wolf behavior this is basically prison rules." No one actually uses the concept of an Alpha in serious scientific literature anymore and it really only persists due to poorly written werewolf fiction and people who lack confidence in their masculinity overhyping themselves up.

...Getting revenge is seeming to be a comedy of errors.

Merideth that's most bands!

Zodi I owned a real knife when I was flippin' five. We were making homemade applesauce in kindergarten, every kid brought in an apple, a cutting board, and a knife and my mom bought me my own knife and cutting board. In hindsight...

I also used to grow pumpkins in my front yard as a kid. Then we had to move.

...Can I just have a cassette player and a tape each of all the ones that give you movement types?

Apparently there are six movement types and you have moth, bullet, magnet, swim, and ball so curious I am to what the last one is.

...Can you ball your way up buildings?

Revenge shall be a comedy of errors.

I'm seeing inconsistent data on whether or not Barkly is supposed to have a bootleg.

Aurora borealis? At this time of day, at this time of year, in this part of the island, localized entirely in this mountain?

I misread it the same way.

Yes! Fuse your starter's fully evolved form with that of your first partner! See what results!

...Decimodeus is my new Voidsona.

The thought occurs to me: We know what Kuneko's evolved form is and that's an astral Type which has advantage over Earth. Maybe grinding her up to 5 Stars and evolving her would help.

Never mind, you got it.

...Viola and Sebastion... Why does that sound familiar?

It's Dale Gribble's singature cassette! He keeps it in his pocket.

Actually, Zodi time and space are in a way the same thing, time is an illusion caused by how we perceived the curvature of space and disruptions to space cause dilations in the flow of time: In addition to the well-known example of general relativity, experiments with atomic clocks have detected a negligible difference in the flow of time at different elevations.

So bad Joke is a literal and figurative joke move?

I'm pretty sure that that land keeper was wearing a maid outfit.

I also love Suzy-nokodias.

...That is one swole-ass dog.

Jawsome!

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #555

There will be a Majora i just forgot today is Monday oops

16. - Top - End - #556

I blame the delay on GYORG!!

Zodi Plays: Majora's Mask [26] GYORG!!

Video Length: 39:56

Sometimes I have something insightful to say about game design here. Sometimes I like to discuss my feelings on the video or how the game is going with regards to writing and stuff.

Sometimes, I just say GYORG and leave it be, since the name is inherently funny to say.

GYORG!!

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

Majora's Mask 26: Loop 8, Day 2
    Man, Link's mask makes him good at Zora-Fu. you think the Zora fight mostly only using martial arts? armor doesn't seem useful to them given how much they need to swim and how little clothes they need to wear because of that. like Gorons are too strong and stone-skinned to need technique, they just brawl, but Zora? they are totally people who'd learn martial arts to fight people.

yay, new area! sometimes the puzzle answer is right in front of you and you just miss it a lot like some planet orbiting around the answer but never hitting it, y'know? like your mind is too used to going in circles to just go in a straight line, y'know?

and now for Gyorg! the evil fish.

Zodi: Hi Gyorg!
    Gyorg: HIIII! I wanna hug you! With my mouth! this is just how us piranhas express our love-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! *dead*

weird random thought: ATLA-Zelda crossover
    all the species are various benders: Rito get Airbending, Zora get Waterbending, Goron's probably get Earthbending or Firebending? Gerudo Earthbending or Firebending? I think Gorons and Hylians gets Earthbending and Gerudo get firebending in my personal sorting. either Zelda or Link are the Avatar. but maybe Zelda is the Avatar and Link's the Sokka who is just really good at fighting and using a bunch of tools to be equal with the benders around him, and maybe in the ATLA/Zelda crossover, Link is the one to take out Fire Lord Ganondorf with only normal skills and a meteor sword instead of Zelda.

18. - Top - End - #558

Majora's Mask 26: Loop 8, Day 2
    Man, Link's mask makes him good at Zora-Fu. you think the Zora fight mostly only using martial arts? armor doesn't seem useful to them given how much they need to swim and how little clothes they need to wear because of that. like Gorons are too strong and stone-skinned to need technique, they just brawl, but Zora? they are totally people who'd learn martial arts to fight people.

yay, new area! sometimes the puzzle answer is right in front of you and you just miss it a lot like some planet orbiting around the answer but never hitting it, y'know? like your mind is too used to going in circles to just go in a straight line, y'know?

and now for Gyorg! the evil fish.

Zodi: Hi Gyorg!
    Gyorg: HIIII! I wanna hug you! With my mouth! this is just how us piranhas express our love-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! *dead*

weird random thought: ATLA-Zelda crossover
    all the species are various benders: Rito get Airbending, Zora get Waterbending, Goron's probably get Earthbending or Firebending? Gerudo Earthbending or Firebending? I think Gorons and Hylians gets Earthbending and Gerudo get firebending in my personal sorting. either Zelda or Link are the Avatar. but maybe Zelda is the Avatar and Link's the Sokka who is just really good at fighting and using a bunch of tools to be equal with the benders around him, and maybe in the ATLA/Zelda crossover, Link is the one to take out Fire Lord Ganondorf with only normal skills and a meteor sword instead of Zelda.
    Obviouly the Triforce of Wisfom is Raava and the Triforce of Power is Vaatu with the Triforce of Courage being a third spirit who serves as a balance between then but grants no overt powers by itself.

As an aside, I saw a video the other day making the argument that if bending existed IRL all the strongest benders would be from California.

Apparently, there was a thing in the Avatar Series Bible that says that, much like how ater benders gain power when the moon is in the sky or when it's raining and firebender's gain strength when comments come close to the earth Earthbenders gain power from tectonic activities or being near fault lines and...You know, the San Andreas Fault.

Not 100% sure I agree with that, a lot of stuff in the series bible was later contradicted by the actual show, but...

Edit: So is "Majora" the Termina equivalent of "Golgotha" becuase so far all the dungeon bosses in this game have the signature traits of G-Vrus infected.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-06-05 at 06:37 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

In my case... I'm not particularly brave or wise so I think that just leaves Power by default.
    I have courage and wisdom aplenty, so give me Power.
    Hm, Same answer, yet two opposing reasons why it was chosen. Fascinating. As for me.....hm.....I feel as if I'm full of wisdom already, and I'm confident I can learn anything to become powerful at something if need be. so....I choose Courage. There are things I wish I was brave enough to do.

as for California....*shakes head* I don't believe it. I'd throw out the argument simply based on the fact that its California. Bending is strengthened with spirituality and I can't think of any place less spiritual than California, LA alone makes it very materialistic. I'd give California access to Firebending because Ember Island Players being sunny and near the equator, but certainly not waterbending and earthbending or all four elements.

20. - Top - End - #560

Finally finshed the stream.

Zodi, "Aleph" is the name of the first letter in a handful of Semitic languages, including Phoenician, Hebrew, Aramaic, and Arabic.

It corresponds to the glottal stop and the "A" phoneme.

In particular, the Hebrew letter א‎ is also used as a mathematical symbol to refer to the "aleph" numbers, a series of numbers representing the cardinality of an infinite set.

Reading whether or not he was King Arthur... I direct your attention back to Merline, Morgante, and Mordread.

Furthermore, Alexander and Agamnemnon are (in)famous Kings, so...

Also... "Hero" didn't originally refer to "the good guy," in the earliest sense of the word a hero was simply somoene who was exceptional and who defined their own fate for good or ill: Many of the classical heroes of antiquity, for example, were complete bastards by our standards.

Unrelated: I wonder if there's an interaction between Felix and Viola, given that one's an artist whose fictional character came to life and one's a fictional character come to life.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #561

Finally finshed the stream.

Zodi, "Aleph" is the name of the first letter in a handful of Semitic languages, including Phoenician, Hebrew, Aramaic, and Arabic.

It corresponds to the glottal stop and the "A" phoneme.

In particular, the Hebrew letter א‎ is also used as a mathematical symbol to refer to the "aleph" numbers, a series of numbers representing the cardinality of an infinite set.

Reading whether or not he was King Arthur... I direct your attention back to Merline, Morgante, and Mordread.

Furthermore, Alexander and Agamnemnon are (in)famous Kings, so...

Also... "Hero" didn't originally refer to "the good guy," in the earliest sense of the word a hero was simply somoene who was exceptional and who defined their own fate for good or ill: Many of the classical heroes of antiquity, for example, were complete bastards by our standards.

Unrelated: I wonder if there's an interaction between Felix and Viola, given that one's an artist whose fictional character came to life and one's a fictional character come to life.
    I wish I was outwardly as smart as my brain is inwardly smart because I definitely knew that I just couldn't remember, and everything you've said RE heroes is exactly what I was trying to articulate.

Almost certainly, and I hope we see it!

22. - Top - End - #562

My favorite event of the 20th century is that I was born during it...

Pretty much everything else that's good about the century that I can think of is either the end of a bad thing, the silver lining to a bad thing, or something that has hidden downsides.

Raziere... Ther as eventually a sequel o Watchmen that established that Ozymandias's plan actually made things worse. Which, you know, anyone with a drop of actual Wisdom would have seen coming. Watchman is a good story from a technical sense but ti says some really cynical ****ing **** that has no place in a superhero story.

Huh, why would a place named after London be foggy?

...No, seriously, thats probably smog.

Doctor was a police box, Phone Booths was Bill and Tedd.

You captured a Scottish fairy made of church windows.

...So I know of a particularly infamous fanfic that depicts Alice Liddel as a sociopathic, narcissistic queen obsessed with her own alleged royalty and one of several characters who were likewise the same. The fanfic had some of the author's fetishes and other hangups prominently featured in it. It's not a strait one to one but this Archangel fight is giving me flashbacks to it. I'd rather not name names but...

Cities are built over ruins and corpses.

Life's a piece of ****
    When you look at it
    Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
    You'll see it's all a show
    Keep 'em laughin' as you go
    Just remember that the last laugh is on you

Kalleigh is now the most relatable character in the game.

...Why make a fully sapient gynoid capable of experiencing human emotions if she's literally only intended to be a petty servant? That's just asking for trouble.

"I know writers who use subtext and they're all cowards."

So like an electric box pops out of that wall when you're on the switch and I can't help but feel that yu were supposed o use your magnet powers to grab it.

Tommy going by a nickname might be a mans of distinguishing between two otherwise identical individuals.

Oh ****, she's Irish. I thought based on her accent in her voiced lines that she was Scottish. Oh my ancestors are glaring me right now... 'Cept for Headchoppin' Henry, assuming he's actually my ancestor. He's probably too busy stuffing his face.

so Allseer's evolutions are a War of The Worlds reference... but also the whole "aliens built the Pyramids" conspiracy theory, as is presumably the Wonderful Seven move they can learn.

... What assets? All wealth in this island is reclaimed materials kept on one's person. That's where the Landkeeper;'s pan falls through Once I'm settled in my house I can just use my cassette player to whip their asses when they come to collect my rent like in that one terrible CGI one-shot cartoon from the early 2000s. Ain't no law on the island and the Rangers will probably side with me.

....Creep would have been rather relatable if not for the second sentence.

Mammon is "money" or "wealth" in Hebrew, so an argument could be made that the Landkeepers literally worship the All-Mighty Dollar. Stepping lightly, The thing that Knight mentioned resulted due to a single instance of the world being untranslated for some reason when a certain figure's speech was being converted to another language.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

Raziere... Ther as eventually a sequel o Watchmen that established that Ozymandias's plan actually made things worse. Which, you know, anyone with a drop of actual Wisdom would have seen coming. Watchman is a good story from a technical sense but ti says some really cynical ****ing **** that has no place in a superhero story.
    I know, I was joking about him bring a hero. sequels not good no matter how right it is though, there is an artistic value to the ambiguity of Watchmen's ending.

Mammon is "money" or "wealth" in Hebrew, so an argument could be made that the Landkeepers literally worship the All-Mighty Dollar. Stepping lightly, The thing that Knight mentioned resulted due to a single instance of the world being untranslated for some reason when a certain figure's speech was being converted to another language.
    Wait so that means the Kingdom of Zeal in Chrono Trigger, when they use the Mammon Machine to power everything from Lavos, they're actually using something called "The Money Machine"....that has implications and ties in with this certain youtube video I've watched about why jrpgs make you kill gods that is a pretty fascinating, if kind of depressing look into Japanese history that is actually pretty relevant to Cassette Beats messaging as well. I'll link it if anyone wants to watch it.

24. - Top - End - #564

My favorite event of the 20th century is that I was born during it...

Pretty much everything else that's good about the century that I can think of is either the end of a bad thing, the silver lining to a bad thing, or something that has hidden downsides.

...Why make a fully sapient gynoid capable of experiencing human emotions if she's literally only intended to be a petty servant? That's just asking for trouble.

Oh ****, she's Irish. I thought based on her accent in her voiced lines that she was Scottish. Oh my ancestors are glaring me right now... 'Cept for Headchoppin' Henry, assuming he's actually my ancestor. He's probably too busy stuffing his face.

so Allseer's evolutions are a War of The Worlds reference... but also the whole "aliens built the Pyramids" conspiracy theory, as is presumably the Wonderful Seven move they can learn.

... What assets? All wealth in this island is reclaimed materials kept on one's person. That's where the Landkeeper;'s pan falls through Once I'm settled in my house I can just use my cassette player to whip their asses when they come to collect my rent like in that one terrible CGI one-shot cartoon from the early 2000s. Ain't no law on the island and the Rangers will probably side with me.

....Creep would have been rather relatable if not for the second sentence.

I still contest my favorite 20th Century event is when Friend descended from on high to save us from the psychic alien apocalypse, but I don't think anyone remembers that...

The Watchman sequel tv show is actually apparently quite good, in contrast to the attempted comic followups. I'd also argue Watchmen isn't necessarily nihilistic. It's attempt at being a realistic super-hero story leads to some dark stuff, but I wouldn't say it is entirely without hope. Ozymandius's entire stupid plan is predicated on the hope that if faced with an existential threat that threatens to wipe out EVERYONE, that borders and nations will dissolve and we'll all become one Earth, united against the threat to all of us. That's a pretty hopefully outlook on the human condition!

Clee-O is definitely programmed the way she is because casinos do, by necessity, need to give you a warm and welcoming atmosphere. If she was just a coin and drink dispensary bot with no personality she wouldn't draw people in. So they give her a cute, human like personality, so she can be projected upon.

Naw I'm pretty sure Kayleigh's Scottish, but Scotland and Ireland are pretty close I think, and both are connected along celtic lines and so on.

Yup! It's a fun little character concept, I quite like it. The War of the World Tripod that looks a bit like an Egyptian crown is a fun detail.

Making the Landkeepers kinda, vampire adjacent, when vampires are famously known for "they can only come in if invited", is some wild ****ing subtext for a game so blatant about what its messages are. The Landkeepers (and things like them, wink wink nudge nudge) are only able to do what they do because we allow it.

I know, I was joking about him bring a hero. sequels not good no matter how right it is though, there is an artistic value to the ambiguity of Watchmen's ending.

Wait so that means the Kingdom of Zeal in Chrono Trigger, when they use the Mammon Machine to power everything from Lavos, they're actually using something called "The Money Machine"....that has implications and ties in with this certain youtube video I've watched about why jrpgs make you kill gods that is a pretty fascinating, if kind of depressing look into Japanese history that is actually pretty relevant to Cassette Beats messaging as well. I'll link it if anyone wants to watch it.
    While that's true, the finale of Rorsach's journal sitting there, just waiting to be fired, isn't quite as open ended to me. It feels like there may come an inevitable time Ozy's plan comes out. The ambiguity is less "will or won't it?" and more "when will it?".

Arguable. Zeal's entire deal was that the Queen was kinda debasing herself and her kingdom in the pursuit of Big Fire, so I've always felt it was intended more as the Greed Machine. Less money and more Want, if that makes sense. And yeah link it that could be neat.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

Arguable. Zeal's entire deal was that the Queen was kinda debasing herself and her kingdom in the pursuit of Big Fire, so I've always felt it was intended more as the Greed Machine. Less money and more Want, if that makes sense. And yeah link it that could be neat.
    Okay here is:
    Who Do You Always Kill Gods in JRPGs?

26. - Top - End - #566

Kayleigh explcitly stated she was from Ireland during one of the campfire scenes, though you and the others sort of talked over it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #567

Interesting video, though to say God of War has no themes to what it does is... silly, to say the least, and some of his points kinda feel like Orientalism.

Kayleigh explcitly stated she was from Ireland during one of the campfire scenes, though you and the others sort of talked over it.
    Right she did say that, I simply forgot that.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

Interesting video, though to say God of War has no themes to what it does is... silly, to say the least, and some of his points kinda feel like Orientalism.
    The video never says God of War doesn't have themes, its just not the same themes as JRPGs seem to have. Kratos killing a dude because he is a real prick and deserves it is real different from an entire party of mortals coming together to kill some being vastly overpowered being in comparison to them.

29. - Top - End - #569

The video never says God of War doesn't have themes, its just not the same themes as JRPGs seem to have. Kratos killing a dude because he is a real prick and deserves it is real different from an entire party of mortals coming together to kill some being vastly overpowered being in comparison to them.
    Okay fair, the quote is "greater overall political message", quoted at 1:21:44, which... is just flatly wrong, but beyond that I can't say out loud though. I also take umbrage some other stuff in that particular section, but as said I can't say that out loud though.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

ah, I'll drop it then, sorry I honestly wouldn't know about the other thing you mentioned, and just thought it was an interesting look into why.