New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Great Fairies re-die when you restart a loop.
    Ah, gotcha. So... "key items" like the Ocarina and Masks carry over between loops, but "quest items" like the fairies, the deed, etc. disappear?

Bombchu's are great in Spirit Tracks/Phantom Hourglass, whichever one of those had'em.
    Yeah, I was gonna point out the PH version. Mouse friends!
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Clearly Tingle is meant to be Termina's mirror version of Link /sarcasm.

Honestly now that I think about it, I don't think Song of Storms is in this... I could use that as my Scarecrow song!

Behold, my charming dance!
    when I say song of storms, I mean the general melody, which is used in the accordion/windmill music. the only real difference I know between the two is the usual Song of Storms is played to be mysterious or epic, while the accordion version you first hear in the games sounds more like a carnival game or light and happy. its the same trick they use for the song of healing and the mask salesman's theme, where the usual of song of healing sounds more about how you expect it to sound: a bit somber but soothing. the mask salesmans theme is played with different instruments and sounds like someone expecting and explaining things if they are on an adventure. they also use the same melody for the song of time and the temple of time. its something they do to change the tone and feel of the music involved and it works really well, as often these themes are connected yet different.

also the theme that plays when the mask salesman talks about Majora's Mask is similar to the dancers theme you just got. which leads me to believe that the dance may in fact be apart of an old ritual involving Majora's Mask long ago, or at least be from the same culture that made Majora's Mask.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

I legitimately do not remember finding that term weird at all. Huh.
    While I'm on it: in your thread that corresponded to the playthrough, one of the commentators complained about the large number of "dead levels" in the Rank-Up system: a video from yesterday from the Doubefine Dev explains how powers are upgraded and customized: Now ranking up gives you points that you can spend on upgrading powers in whatever order you want instead of set upgrades at set levels.

Also, apparently, Raz canonically achieved a Psi-Cadet Rank of 101.

And now back to this: Let's talk about Tingle.

Tingle is a man who believes himself to be a fairy trapped in a human's body. He acts in ways that many would consider to be strange and his father considers him to be an embarrassment.

However, he is happy with his life and has a successful and (honestly probably exciting, considering how he goes about it) career as a cartographer despite his quirks and his father's shame.

I can't help but see a metaphor here.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #34

Oh hey, stream time happened!

Zodi Streams: Skyward Sword HD [2] Lanayru or Bust

Video Length: 4:23:06

In this one, we head off to Eldin Volcano, deal with everything there, then dip a bit into Lanayru! Hope you all enjoy!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Forms (2)
    Show
    Once more, mask time!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask [2] When We're Hylian

Video Length: 35:09

In this episode, we finally get our face healed, and begin our winding path through the world. Short description since I suddenly have to go as I am writing this, will say more later.

I feel like the mask salesman's piano is very similar to how our ocarina/other instruments happen.

So in the original, you'd either have to "hack the code" to go in and leave, or play hide and go seek again and when you win they'll give it to you. Oof, you number mixed, you did 23415. It happens.

That reminds me as you killed the Big Skulltula (I'm still going to count each kill), but with time shenanigans, don't you end up only REALLY killing a certain enemy once? Because we roll back all those kills when we go back in time? Just curious what people think.

That scale model is unique to the remake, and its fantastic! the attention to detail in this game is so cool. Hurray maps and note books! They really are awesome in this one.

Good timing on Goro-Link arrival!

Yo, Zodi gets some STYLE POINTS for finishing the maze with milliseconds left! GG.

Hmmm, the honey and darling prize is very different, its just a heart piece in the original...instead its fishing (which spoiler alert - is new to the game). I'm so used to the original, and having only played the remake once, I'm going to be surprised often I think. By the way, you can jump to the tree to get the heart piece, you just had a shallow jump is all.

EPISODE 1 KILL TALLY!

Big Skulltula - 1
    Red Chuchu - 1

Style Points - 1

Missed Rupees - 0

Majora's Mask
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 2)

Skulltula, Big - 2
    Chuchu, Red - 1

Total Things Dead - 3

1st Place - TBD
    2nd Place - TBD
    3rd Place - TBD

Total Style Points - 1

Total Missed Rupees - 1
    Total Lost Rupees - 0
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    That reminds me as you killed the Big Skulltula (I'm still going to count each kill), but with time shenanigans, don't you end up only REALLY killing a certain enemy once? Because we roll back all those kills when we go back in time? Just curious what people think.
    Eh, personally, I feel like keeping full track is probably more in keeping with everything. You're counting how many kills we make, not how many things are dead.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Skyward Sword Stream 2:
    For a second I thought I was hearing the Final fantasy prelude theme at the start screen so I looked up both the great fairy fountain theme and the FFI prelude theme and played them both at the same time, and oddly they sound great together. they're different, but have the same vibe, y'know? though the FFI prelude is longer....

Ah Link, already causing random property damage to get rupees. The Hero of Courage has always been a property-destroying kleptomaniac, its just apart of the position really.

well you backflipped the first time, so perhaps the sky doesn't like it when you backflip and whistle?

this is how Link eats pumpkins: just sticks on his sword and eats them whole. He is the Hero of Courage, his teeth are powerful enough to get through the thick skin.

y'know just a random thought: this is the first Zelda. it'd be really like this series for the very last Zelda game to somehow through time travel, tie back to the first in some time loop manner. like the Master Sword just somehow comes from the future and is sent to the past.

Beedle. Nooooo.....he is akin to the Tingle. I dislike him. Also, when does he sleep? he can't be human if he is constantly doing that, sooner or later he'd fall. Clearly this means he is some creepy alien being in a human disguise as I always he was deep down.

its not desecration, its pushstone graves, Zodi. its to emulate their flying mobility in life :P

the ducks need to sleep Zodi, thats why you can't fly at night. they're not a 24 hour service.

don't worry Zodi, Link is protected by the three goddesses so that his face only suffers easily recoverable cartoon scorch marks like a loony toons character, you can blow him up all you want.

this bug net business is making me think they got their animal crossing mixed up in this Zelda game.

yeah, "funny dressed character" could describe most significant people in speculative fiction, much less LoZ. you really got to narrow it down, Merco.

considering that there is LAVA behind link as Zanc says that.....eh it would be more dangerous than you think as it would be tackling Link into the lava. its phrased seemingly nonlethally but given the location.....

good thing you didn't get that gold rupee earlier or you'd be angry for doing so.

we got star candy for the silly demon guy.

thank you Fi for interrupting our fall to the Earth below with a report on where we can choose to fall flat on our face to. as always you are useful in you services to more efficiently get injured doing stupid stuff.

I would like a breath of the wild where the weapons don't break, then I would want to play it.

I have finished Dark Souls 3 with help from randos, I liked it.
    I am still working on Nioh 2 but finding it fun
    I started Dark Souls 1, but am stuck on fighting the lava-spider lady, still like it
    I only finished Sekiro by modding it so I can bypass some of the more difficult fights late in the game once I got tired of its nonsense with infinite items. like when I started getting insta-lightning sniped to death out of nowhere I felt justified in doing so. and when I got to the final boss and learned that it was four phases and every time you died was back to phase one, I felt even more justified. I didn't immediately just infinite-shuriken the final boss to death, I at only used it to bypass the first phase and try to do the other three phases or at least experience them in some manner before just ending it.

so....take that as you will when it comes to my thoughts on soulslikes.

if Zodi's a bakeneko, I'm calling Kitsune.

Remember kids: don't bomb and boulderdrive over lava with your feet. it never ends well.

yeah the dungeon has that certain ancient temple with serpentine dragon aesthetic. can see the inspirations for it quite well.

Eh, I dunno I think I'd be punching Impa in the face at this point in time if I was in Link's shoes. like I come all this way, I fought a bunch of monsters, defied death and you think you have the right to keep me from at least hugging Zelda and know what the heck is going on then tell me I'm a horrible hero just because she got there first as if its some competition? and thats if I'm generous, more realistically I'd be going "how the heck do I know I can trust you jerk, and that this isn't all some two-man con your running with Girahim to fool Zelda into doing something horrible? I have a sword, show me why I should trust you before I kill you next and take her back myself." because I don't know Impa at this point, I don't know whats going on, and she is antagonizing me when we first meet so its not exactly the right foot to start on, Impa.

LINK HAS BEEN GOING THROUGH A LAND THAT IS 80% LAVA ALL THE WAY HERE. that is a bit more than a "shred of courage" that is foolhardy stupidity bordering on a deathwish! we past shred of courage a long time ago! I dunno guys, I'm not sure if I like this Impa so far.

Eh, I don't think Zelda races are reskinned fantasy races, I think thats overgeneralizing them. they're just too different to compare or are probably inspired by completely different things.

Legend of Midna: Nightward Gun

this ruins area has First Age Exalted vibes now that it is reactivated.

"Hah You can't blow up me! I ate your bo-" BOOM- the deku flowers probably.

The temple of time......its all coming together.

then I'm glad I haven't played Breath of the Wild, a lot of what it does just isn't stuff I'm interested in. I'm more a "character customization and make my own story" kind of person. Link is too much of an established character for me.

as for how you show off a game where you can do whatever you wish? if the internet is any indication, through speedruns and funny videos where the goal is something you make yourself and deriving humor from that goal. open world gaming is the kind of place where what is optimal or completeness isn't as important as whatever narrative you want to spin from what you do. its a place where you set your own goals rather going with something pre-set. oh you want to 100% it. oh. thats either foolish or brave of you.

But yeah real interesting how the desert area is here instead of ocean....with koroks....and lobsters in shells....and a bunch of raised areas.....totally going to flood at some point. I just know it.

8. - Top - End - #38

Bit of a delay watching the stream because...After finishing Zodi's Psychonaut's playthrough I started watching Lanipator's playthrough...

(Darn you Zodi, you got me addicted to that Zim-Voiced Son of a Gun invading people's minds to give them a therapy.)

About 30 minutes into the video:

1: This Link tainted the rest of his descendants/future incarnations/inexplicably identical strangers from the future/ to be violent destructive kleptomaniacs, didn't he?

2: Upgrading a slingshot into a shotgun sounds like one hell of a technological leap.

3: If you're craving soup I will always recommend lemon rice. Most greek restaurants will always have it on the menu and it's relatively easy to make at home: Just cook rice in chicken broth and when it's done add a mixture of beaten eggs and lemon juice slowly into the chicken rice while constantly whisking. The hard part is juicing the lemons.

4: Pumpkin is a hit-or-miss thing. Some people love it and some people do not. An important thing to note is that Pumpkin Spice has no pumpkin in it. Pumpkin Spice is a blend of spices that compliment the flavor of a pumpkin, used in the making of pumpkin pie. Exact recipes vary, but "true" pumpkin spice consists of cinnamon(or cassia, which is often sold as cinnamon,) ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and sometimes allspice.

Cheap knock-off pumpkin spices are usually just cinnamon and either ginger or nutmeg.

5: Intersecting the pumpkin and soup trains of thought: "Pumpkin Pie" originally referred to a soup made of chicken broth, apples, onions, and cream cooked in a pumpkin and traditionally served in the same with everyone dipping their spoons into the same shell. There's a recipe for it in an episode of good eats I really want to try, sans the communal serving tradition because that's icky.

6: The sky shop seems really inconvenient to shop at.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-08-23 at 04:15 AM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #39

Mask time! Onwards to swamp!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask [3] Swamp Adventures

Video Length: 37:26

In this episode, we some side quests firmly know about and some masks less firmly attached to our face, lets get going to the first actual area of the game; the Great Swamp! We've got Dekus, we've got swamp monkies, and we've got the existential dread of all these lives hanging over us. Fun times!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Hmmm... this game is looking like one that's neat for me to watch, but I dunno if it's my style to play so much with the looping and repeating having to do stuff. Super neat concept, and it'll be interesting to see what they do with it, but...

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Forms (3)
    Show
    Mask time! Onwards to swamp!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask [3] Swamp Adventures

Video Length: 37:26

In this episode, we some side quests firmly know about and some masks less firmly attached to our face, lets get going to the first actual area of the game; the Great Swamp! We've got Dekus, we've got swamp monkies, and we've got the existential dread of all these lives hanging over us. Fun times!

+1 Style Point for killing two bad bats at the same time. I'm tracking them separately, because there are ALSO keese in this game. They're smaller and not as black. Thanks Nintendo, that's not confusing at all. Bad Bats also can't light themselves on fire or on ice.

Let's talk chuchus. So with my colorblindness, red and green look similar, and the later yellow ones look like green also, so i'm so glad they have items in them to help differentiate. However, if you're full up on that item, they drop rupees instead of that item, so I can see an unseen slain chuchu due to camera angle messing me up some day. We shall see! This was my first encounter with Chu's in a zelda game, as I started with OOT, so that is why I always call them chuchu's, and not any of the other variations. :)

Speaking of color: Looking at tingles comments, he comments that tatl is a white fairy...I always thought she was light yellow!

I miss whacking the statues to activate them...but I get why they changed it. I agree, the owl statue changes are a little unnecessary. Don't fix what aint broke! Unless its better! Is this better? Eh...

They changed the way you jump as a deku, so they had to also change the lily pads. N64 pond skipping is better. If they hadn't moved the lily pads around, you wouldn't have made the jumps you were able to make prior. I honestly love the remake, EXCEPT for the changes they made to the alternate forms. Everything else is quality of life. There's one other BIG controversial thing, but that will come later. To clarify what I said in the first episode, it USED to be abount momentum, but now its always the same speed no matter what when you deku hop. It feels more like a chore, and harder to control because its slower.

I have no idea how the skull kid was able to do ALL of these things at once unless he had the ability to duplicate himself. Since it seems like everything he's done has JUST happened, and we see him mug the mask salesman in the lost woods, around the same area as us, so its assumed that he mugs us pretty quickly AFTER that, based off of our interaction with the Happy Mask Salesman after the intro.

Oh by the way, the picto box is just something you have now, instead of getting it from the swamp witch.

Bean man used to be only able to be accessed through the gardens, but now they have that second hole as a shortcut. I don't like some of these streamlined puzzles. The outer hole you first access wasn't there at all. Same with them throwing you out of the palace where you entered rather than always out front. Ooof, you missed a lot of rupees that were out in the open this episode, for fear of making them lost rupees. While I'm glad they aren't lost, for now they are missed. These will become negative missed rupees if you collect them later. We haven't had to deal with this much since Skyward Sword, because OoT mainly had invisible rupees if they were out in the open.

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Hmmm... this game is looking like one that's neat for me to watch, but I dunno if it's my style to play so much with the looping and repeating having to do stuff. Super neat concept, and it'll be interesting to see what they do with it, but...
    I mean, the sections are closed enough that you can complete a quest in a short amount of time. But there are helpful things, and you learn through trial and error, which is fun. The rule i follow is if I think I need time, reset once I make progress so I can start from that point that IS saved, or start from my memory point when it ISNT saved.

EPISODE 1 KILL TALLY!

Eeno - 1
    Leever - 1
    Wolfos - 1
    Bad Bat - 7
    Red Chuchu - 3
    Green Chuchu - 2
    Deku Baba - 3
    Mini Baba - 5
    Snapper - 1
    Big Octo - 1

Style Points - 1

Missed Rupees - 16
    Lost Rupees - 11

Majora's Mask
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 3)

Spoiler
    Show
    Bad Bat - 7
    Eeno - 1
    Leever - 1
    Octo, Big - 1
    Skulltula, Big - 2
    Snapper - 1
    Wolfos - 1

Babas
    Baba, Mini - 5
    Baba, Deku - 3

Slimes
    Chuchu, Red - 4
    Chuchu, Green - 2

Total Things Dead - 28

1st Place - Bad Bat, at 7!
    2nd Place - Mini Baba, at 5!
    3rd Place - Red Chuchu, at 4!

Total Style Points - 2

Total Missed Rupees - 17
    Total Lost Rupees - 11
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2021-08-24 at 07:08 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

12. - Top - End - #42

Just before 10: 50 thevideo skips forward a bit while the audio stays the same: I don't hear your commentary about giving the moon tier to the Deku in clock town until you've already done so and started flying back to the swamp.

I don't know if that's a problem on my end or on youtube's end but I've closed the tap and opened the youtube page a separate time and had the skip twice.

Something similar happened a while back in your Hollownight VOD if I remember correctly.

Video and Audio resynch at about 21 minutes.

Does anyone else have this issue?
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-08-23 at 06:32 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Just before 10: 50 thevideo skips forward a bit while the audio stays the same: I don't hear your commentary about giving the moon tier to the Deku in clock town until you've already done so and started flying back to the swamp.

I don't know if that's a problem on my end or on youtube's end but I've closed the tap and opened the youtube page a separate time and had the skip twice.

Something similar happened a while back in your Hollownight VOD if I remember correctly.

Video and Audio resynch at about 21 minutes.

Does anyone else have this issue?
    No issue on my end. At 10:50 for me, she plays the song and gets enveloped in wings, audio's sync'd. Same with giving the tear and getting the deed.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Loop 2, Day 2: Deku Palace March
    Thats one of the weirder mechanics of this game:
    Wolfos: we are locked in mortal combat to the death you and I!
    Link: hyeh, HYAH!
    Wolfos: enough talk! HAVE AT TH-
    DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY 48 HOURS REMAIN
    *Link blinks and looks around*
    *The Wolfos is nowhere to be seen, seemingly disappeared from existence*
    *Link shrugs and continues traveling*

huh, guess they must've thought placing the song of soaring near the entrance of the first dungeon was bit too harsh with all the poison water around it.....

I think the swamp water gets purpler further in? yep, I remember right, poisoned farther in.

yeah having to do this the mystery woods thing multiple times is one of the reasons I probably never far into this game myself.

as for the lilypad bouncing, I don't know, but I remember falling into the water being a lot more common in N64 for some reason? it might be more of a casual fan problem than someone who is used to the game, because someone who is skilled and played Majora's Mask a lot has probably memorized the path and knows not to waste the skips can probably go through the lilypads by heart, but a casual or new fan might not be that competent? also the lilypads miiiiight have been moving and/or able to sink at some point? though I might be confusing that for some other game.

yep, Deku Palace theme is cool. it has this stern feeling to it, as if there is low level of trouble here.

your out of rupee space! and worse: you to endure...... THE OCARINA OF TIME PALACE STEALTH SECTION! AGAIN! BUT WITH DEKUS! the horror.

15. - Top - End - #45

two hours and 56 minutes into the Skyward Sword VOD...

Everything about Impa in that scene makes me want to knock out her teeth.

Yeah, you're late... You also had to stop and resupply more than once, were twice Waylaid by the Fancy Lad, and keep having to stop and help other people before they give you the things you need to physically get to places.

And the worst part is, you the player have no control over it: You can do the game with perfect Speedrun starts and you'll still be "late" so from a meta-perspective the game is criticizing you for how the game itself is scripted and programmed, which you have no control over. It's like MAss Effect 2 having everyone criticize you for working for Cerberus when the game literally won't give you any choice but to work for Cerberus. Or Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood Questline not giving you any chance to avoid killing the members of the Black Hand even though it's fricking obvious that the people you're killing are Dark Brotherhood and that your Dead drop's have been tampered with.

And then despite acknowledging you as the chosen one who is supposed to protect the Princess, she stops you from interacting with Zelda and won't let you go and protect the Princess. Who the hell is she to make that call?

Raziere is right, Impa needs to have some perspective knocked into her.

Edit: Regarding The Races of Hyrule

Breath of th eWild seems to retcon Rito being evolved from Zora, considering the two races coexist in that time period.

If the Zora are High Elves... Presumably, that's referring to the Sea Zora(who, despite their name, seem to primarily dwell in freshwater,) would that make the villainous "River Zora" (who paradoxically seem to be based primarily in a Bay, IE, seawater...) Dark Elves?

On the Kokiri and Koroks? Apparently, they are canonically the same race. Looking it up, the Kokiri are the descendants of Hylians who cut ties with civilization to live in the forest and were overtime affected by the magic of the Great Deku Tree, becoming youthful and faelike. Several generations after the events of Ocarina of Time, further exposure to the magic causes them to undergo convergent evolution and become similar to but distinct from the Deku.

And yes, it is confirmed that they'll start aging if they get too far from the Great Deku Tree's area of influence.

Edit 2: Regarding the He-Man Tangent... Considering that in the original series, which Revelation shares continuity with, Adam does not undergo any physical change whatsoever when he transforms into He-Man... The orignal series apparently gave a reason for a secret identity, but the more shocking thing is that nobody saw through it.

Like, literally. He gets super powers and his clothes change.

The 2002 series at least was believable: In that "Adam" is fit but is scrawny compared to literally every other male character. He looks like a kid in his late teens who does a lot of track and field type stuff, compared to "He-Man" who is a seven-foot-tall man who has clearly been living entirely on red meat and whole grain for his entire life while doing every body building exercise known to man on a daily basis literally from the moment he is physically able to do them.

That I can buy. OG He-Man? The other characters are just humoring him.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-08-24 at 05:41 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #46

Oh hey, Stream time!

Zodi Plays: Skyward Sword [3] Witty Title

Video Length: 3:31:46

Got kinda tired by the end of this one and I feel it shows, but otherwise a fun time!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Skyward Sword Stream 3:
    I'm more of a "fine both ways" kind of person. if a streamer is happy good, I can be entertained that, but I can also be entertained when they get mad- when its funny at least. sometimes the anger isn't always funny and its just annoying, because for the anger to be funny, it has to be the right KIND of anger y'know what I mean?

wow I'm glad I missed out on that ragestorm over this circle puzzle. that anti-Fomo moment.

a pufferfrog if you will.

don't worry Zodi. beamos don't have feelings or souls. they're just motion detectors that fire lasers. after all, designing a living thinking being to just stand in one place with no arms or legs to fire at whatever comes near them forever would just be unethical! and if these ruins are made by people worship the goddesses then they are the good guys of this universe and wouldn't do that.

it was probably mining metal, or those time crystals

ah yes, the gust bellows. so this is where that came from as well. why did they take two items from this game for smash bros?

too bad Zodi. Nintendo is obsessed with weird gimmicks they put in for no reason. the saving grace is that they often do these gimmicks once then never again. if they're bad this is good. if they are actually something you want because its good design its bad because they're not going to do it again.

ah but its even crueler Zodi: those claws are also some of moldarach's EYES. its losing both an appendage to grab things AND sight at the same.

Talked a lot of trash there Impa. now you get knocked down like that, without even getting hit. Hm. also the "was I late?" line okay, thats a good payoff.

Yes, it is good not to talk to fortune tellers. future not something you want to know! best keep uncertain, blank slate.

we now have obtained more thank you candy.

Groose is sounding more and more like a Jojo character by the second...

yeah I can already tell this whole thing with Groose just won't end well. just won't end well at all. not character devleopment wise, but other ways

though he does have a point about destiny being stupid.

On the Imprisoned:
    many designs for evil are to make them look terrifying, intimidating or vile. they are supposed to make them stand out so you can fight them, of which there are many successful examples of good evil visual design. this.......is not one of them.

yes a horror of unspeakable power.....and unspeakably dumb design. mouth with feet. Kirby did it better.

......why did they design robots to be capable of hate?

yeah when turning people down you got to be definite. no percentages. its yes or no.

and perhaps Fi's singing might just be more expression of personality, I doubt she needs to sing them to help open things.

18. - Top - End - #48

Since Yziigra mentioned Rombus of Ruin? Psychonauts 2 is, apparently, a marked improvement over the orignal game in every capacity. Same humor, better storytelling, problematic elements ironed down or compensated for, and marked improvement in gameplay.(including optional quality of life things you can toggle on and off to cater the challenge to your tastes) There are some bugs in the PC version that need patching out though.

Onto proper thing: The time manipulation mechanic of this area is very interesting, but I can't help but think that turning all of these crystals on and off like this is going to wreak absolute havoc on the local ecosystem. Big chunks of the desert are now no longer desert, and desert critters will wander into it.

...Also, none of the races introduced in this title have any evidence of their continued existence in other games, even those released after.

Angry can be funny, but I find that lets players who are enjoying themselves are more entertaining to watch long term.

...I'm going to have to go back and watch Spirit Tracks, aren't I?

The reason the blocks look like GameCubes is becuase they were built to last. A major selling poin of Nintendo products is that they don't break. It's commonly joked that Nintendo's products are infused with a rare element, Nintendium, that renders them indestructible.

Putting the electric baby hermit crabster into the thing so you can use it as a battery seems like an intentionally frustrating puzzle.

I too sometimes forget to sleep. I would have watched the stream Saturday night but got distracted watching three different people do character and plot analysis of King of The Hill and then it was Sunday morning.

As an aside, I am now convinced that Dale Gribble is secretly a high-level Superhuman whose moments of physical weakness are an affection done to throw people off due to his paranoia. The video that posited this was clearly in jest but some of the points they cite are actually valid reads of the situation. (Such as being able to shrug off hundreds of thousands of fire-ant stings—many, many times over the lethal dose of fire ant venom.)

Knight's comment about defeating EA is quite timely; I just finished binging a Simpson Game longplay... Which has the plot element of EA enslaving characters from other games and the Simpsons working to defeat the video game industry, their creator Matt Groening, and ultimately God Himself after they realize that living in a videogame kind of sucks and they want to gain improved conditions by force. Really refreshing, a lot of games like that tend to blame the players for the character's predicament while the developers are left blameless.

...The Wobbafet comment makes me want Regional Pokemon based on other Nintendo properties. Get a plant-type Wobbafet modeled on these cactus, and a variant of the Squirtle Line that resembles Koopas. And throw in a region-specific pokemon that is transparently just a Metroid

I also have vibes harshed by people. Who else wants to go make our own continuity on an oil rig where we don't have all those damned people harshing our vibes?

...I am going to ignore everything you said about the brain being a muscle. For the sake of our friendship.

Link is developing an immunity to electrocution by deliberately allowing himself to experience non-lethal electrocution many times to condition his body to resist it.

Intentionally Frustrating Puzzle 2: Now more complicated.

Definition of Chair: Place where you sit. Note: This means that almost anything can be a chair depending on context. Honestly, Link should be able to regenerate just by sitting on the floor or one of the boxes.

Frustraiiting Puzzel 3: The REEAAKONIING

Oh my God, you're only just getting to the dungeon.

If we're going to talk about silly things in Zelda... How can fish people evolve into bird people, and why are their still fish-people when there are bird people.

Also, that frogger-fish is clearly full of hydrogen.

You should feel bad about killing the Beemos. They're completly sentient. With all their wants, and needs… and a crippling fear of death.

...Link should be able to limbo under those electric lines on the conveyor belt.

The gust bellows are a vacuum that's stuck on "blow."

The magnets are probably an aesthetic choice: The dungeon is in the electricity zone, yaa know.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #49

I'll admit I was wrong about the brain. Working on old knowledge that I've never updated.

Explicitly the Gods changed the Zora to bird people in Wind Waker. Otherwise, divergent evolution. Zora and Rito can co-exist in a world, but in Wind Waker all Zora became Rito.

I have an inclination to try Psychonauts 2 but a part of me wants to like... do it blind for stream or video.

There may be a video today; I am tired and Going Through It, so we'll see. Thank you for your patience.

20. - Top - End - #50

I have an inclination to try Psychonauts 2 but a part of me wants to like... do it blind for stream or video.
    Well, good news then: Unlike the first game, the game is still playable after defeating the final boss. No need to mad scramble to get everything before the Point of No Return.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #51

Time to swing around my joy cons like a silly pants!

Zodi Streams: Skyward Sword [4] Ancient Trans-tern

Video Length: 2:52:42

In this episode, we do the stuff needed to get to the Ancient Cistern, and then beat the Ancient Cistern. I then run out of energy because hoo boy, tired lately.

22. - Top - End - #52

I don't have very many thoughts on specific aspects of this stream...

But a lot of this feels like padding. Last time, after clearing the desert and beating up Samehada, you got told who to talk to to learn the lyrics to a song that tell you were to find a song to get a plot coupon and then git the plot coupon you needed to get there, then actually got the song.

This time, you used the song to find out where to get the ability you need to clear the mini-dungeon and then they tell you to go back to the first dungeon to get the plot coupon to open the dungeon to go get the plot coupon you actually need to progress the god-damn-plot.

If all of the flames are like this... Then I think the game was given a minimum necessary speed run length.

Also, I'm going back and watching your spirit tracks playthough.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #53

I don't have very many thoughts on specific aspects of this stream...

But a lot of this feels like padding. Last time, after clearing the desert and beating up Samehada, you got told who to talk to to learn the lyrics to a song that tell you were to find a song to get a plot coupon and then git the plot coupon you needed to get there, then actually got the song.

This time, you used the song to find out where to get the ability you need to clear the mini-dungeon and then they tell you to go back to the first dungeon to get the plot coupon to open the dungeon to go get the plot coupon you actually need to progress the god-damn-plot.

If all of the flames are like this... Then I think the game was given a minimum necessary speed run length.

Also, I'm going back and watching your spirit tracks playthough.
    Every other flame adventure is better, this one just... drags, a fair bit.

Hope you enjoy!

24. - Top - End - #54

Every other flame adventure is better, this one just... drags, a fair bit.

Hope you enjoy!
    My first thought on Ghost Zelda trying to get her guards attention is that at some point she should have shouted "Hey, Listen."

Edit: You almost literally drove in a circle to get to the forest sanctuary.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-09-06 at 08:22 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #55

Another Skyward Swordstream! Majora's Mask will resume this Monday.

Zodi Streams: Skyward Sword HD [5] Time Boat Time

Video Length: 4:05:39

In this one, we do all of the Sand Sea stuff, including the best dungeon in the game... and then all the lead up to the last dungeon. Woo!

26. - Top - End - #56

"I'm a devious little devious" is my new favorite line.

Was gonna say this last time but I forgot: I don't mind that the water dragon has a human-like face.

I have a problem that she was wearing clothes.

Clothes are a human invention, created to protect us from the elements.

That dragon was neither human nor a human analog, but instead, a powerful majestic creature analogous to a minor deity. She has no need to have clothing, especially since they could have just given her fins or scales that evoke the same aesthetic.

And with the rest of her body being so inhuman, it's not like there's anything that needed to be covered up for modesty's sake... Not that that's ever been an issue with Zelda: See the Zora, the Twili, and probably some other examples I'm forgetting because I'm not a Zeldaholic.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Skyward Sword Stream 5:
    this first song you you played sounds like the FFI opening theme sped up.

definitely much less straightforward than the courage one, yes. the last is going to be a test of Power, and its just going to be hard isn't it? Link trials are collecting snooze buttons on these guardians alarm clocks.

the power of wisdom is being Spiderman/Batman apparently.

that bomb just waiting to blow up throughout the dialogue....

Lanayru got Dark Sun'd real hard

.....my guess for the sand sea....is that they simply made it always like that, but put a sand texture to get rid within a certain radius. the sand doesn't need to do much, so its probably just water.

a house that looks like my head? you've have a very red and extensive roof then!

yeah cactus juice is very quenching. just ask Sokka!

Eh, good trap to use on Link. for anyone else, its pretty much useless and your better with something more general. especially if your some man-eating plant like a deku baba.

how do robots even HAVE sons!? heartwarming as it is, it makes no sense.

these cart rides remind me of the ones from Super Paper Mario in Floro Caverns, except more insane. I guess Nintendo was going through "hey lets spice up mine cart ride sequences" mindset at the time.

the timeshift stone is pretty cool. Nintendo just casually making mechanics that could be entire games just to be one gimmick of one of the iterations of Link.

puzzles like that to open a door with sword strikes are the true test of wisdom

guess Nintendo was also on a "lets fight undead pirates" kick as well, since Thousand Year Door had Cortez....

Fi is someone who would helpfully inform you that you need air to breathe and how that happens with a straight face and not realize she is stating the obvious no matter how much you give her a sardonic look.

they are generous with the hitboxes for the range weapons here, they knew that motion control was going to be awkward.

yeah, its always cool in videogames where you can snipe between things like bars and handrails like that. more than a few kills in my recent playthrough of Borderlands the Presequel was sniping guys heads off through handrails because they were crouched.

well here is the problem with time-shifting with Tentalus: if you want to be completely consistent......and you HAVE to be consistent with these sorts of things as a setting consideration....if you included timeshift in that boss fight? Link hits timeshift crystal, Tentalus becomes bones and stops living. Link then just walks away after an easy victory. they couldn't put timeshift into that, because if time shift was used on that boss, it would end that boss in one strike. now you could do something interesting with Tentalus having a future skeleton form that you also fight and its constantly time shifting back to the past where its more alive and you have to time shift it to the present to kill it a second time while its undead, or the entire fight is trying to knock the time crystal from its grasp so you can hit it once and it just vanishes from existence. I could see ways like that. but they didn't go with that for whatever reason so....shrug.

things like this justify my dislike of Beedle. seriously, he is like the Tingle of this game and Wind waker.

because this the POWER test, Zodi, of course its cruel! you test power, by throwing you into a hell where you demonstrate how powerless you really are. its completely logical if you don't think about it.

you were just prepared to thank Water for subscribing Zodi, which you didn't do, why didn't you thank H20 itself for doing that?

I don't mind escort quests by themselves, its when they are clearly not designed well that get annoying because the escorted is stupid, easily killed or just causes too much trouble to want to protect them.

the big pot apparently has teleportation powers.....or the dragon just sensed that its purpose was fulfilled and took it back because its magic.

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    how do robots even HAVE sons!? heartwarming as it is, it makes no sense.
    Like this.

So, something I've been thinking about. Did some research.

So, as I understand it: The Goddess Hylia was able to manifest her power as a Greatsword that only she could wield, a manifestation of her power to destroy Evil.

Later, this sword was reforged into a Longsword, concentrating its power and putting it into a form that could be wielded by her champion, creating The Goddess Sword.

Eventually, Hylia's champion died and Hylia gave up her immortality to ensure that she and he would always be reincarnated together, which eventually lead to the first Link and Zelda.

the First Link inherited the Goddess Sword, and over the course of an adventure traveled to channel three flames that imbued the Sword with a portion of the power of the three major Goddesses who created this world, both magnifying its evil slaying properties and making it a more powerful sword in general, culminating in its transformation into the Master Sword.

In the various branches of the timestream, later incarnations of Link would further enhance the master sword.

So the question I have to ask is... By the later games in the timeline, how does anything Link cuts not die instantly?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

So the question I have to ask is... By the later games in the timeline, how does anything Link cuts not die instantly?
    Pretty sure various games have evil draining the power of the sword, so it must be restored. So each hero is more or less refilling the jug with water, rather than adding to it.

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Pretty sure various games have evil draining the power of the sword, so it must be restored. So each hero is more or less refilling the jug with water, rather than adding to it.
    That would be a valid answer... If it wasn't for the fact that BOTW establishes that the sword recharges and repairs itself slowly between Links, and the fact that other than the seemingly permanent upgrades in this game most upgrades I can find are things like "we retempered the sword to make the metal stronger" or "we honed and sharpened it some." which, due to the aforementioned self-repair ability, would be permenant.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks