New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Took me a bit to get to the stream.

I don't know if you've looked it up in the interim but just in case
    Spoiler: Tombstones
    Show
    Kayleigh, 1983 - ????
    Followed a fool to her doom, not even for the first time.
    R.I.P.

Eugene, Protector of Harbour Town
    2076 - NaN AD
    All talk and no action.

Meredith
    1976 - XXXX AD
    Should have stayed in bed that morning.

Felix
    Rest in peace knowing that your friends have carried out your wishes and destroyed your most embarrassing drawings. They only giggled a little bit.
    1991 - Now

Here sleepeth Viola
    Born 1575. Died whenever today is.
    Sorely missed by her Brother

Here lies A Very Good Boy.
    He would be very happy knowing that in death he has finally become that which he loved most: bones.
    Born 14140 AD. Died whatever this year is in dog years.

...If I had waited just a minute.

14140/7 is 2020 so if it's Dog years...

Again with the if I'd waited a second!

I mostly listened to he same music my parents listened to for most of my life and apparently that's weird.

Edit: Oh, Bunnicula, that takes me back.

The family named him Bunnicla becuase they fond him abandoned in a shoe box a the movie theatre while watching whatever Dracula adaption was contemporary a the time and becuase his fur pattern and oddly framed teeth made him vaugly resemble Bella Lugosi's depiction and then it turned out e's an actual vampire rabbit who sucks the juices out of vegetables leaving them pale and wilted.

The cat, who reads too many books and watches too many movies, thinks that this is a problem and tries to "slay" Bunnicula which leads to an interesting illustration of the rabbit ont he ground, covered with a beef steak, and the cat trying to pound it into his chest and this concludes with trips to the vet, a diagnosis of sibling rivalry, and bunnicula being put on an all-liquid diet that he responds to so well that the family just leaves him on it permenantly.

And of course, the framing device of the books being supposedly written by the family's dog.

There were like a dozen sequels. I'm quite fond of the Howliday Inn duology.

Nyarlathotep is the Crawling Chaos, the King in Yellow is Hastur.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-06-21 at 10:59 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

I see you'll be streaming Ghost Trick later today.

How much later?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

3. - Top - End - #573

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I see you'll be streaming Ghost Trick later today.

How much later?
    As of this posting, two hours and thirty minutes from now.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    As of this posting, two hours and thirty minutes from now.
    Got it, thanks.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

5. - Top - End - #575

My immediate first thought is that I like the soundtrack.

"Lynne" would be pronounced "Rinne" in Japanese phonemes, the same as the word for the cycle of reincarnation.

...You know, I think pounding on the neighbor's walls hard enough to damage their property and send their dog flying across the room is more rude than a dog being a dog, ngl. Pretty sure if the cops got called it'd be the red wine-drunk lady who got in trouble.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-07-05 at 05:15 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #576

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    My immediate first thought is that I like the soundtrack.

"Lynne" would be pronounced "Rinne" in Japanese phonemes, the same as the word for the cycle of reincarnation.

...You know, I think pounding on the neighbor's walls hard enough to damage their property and send their dog flying across the room is more rude than a dog being a dog, ngl. Pretty sure if the cops got called it'd be the red wine-drunk lady who got in trouble.
    God the music is good.

Huh, interesting. I figured it was Lynne as in "time line" potentially, given some of my theories regarding Ray. That does work though, given how often she dies!

Yeah I don't think the writer lady is all there. She's drunk off her ass.

7. - Top - End - #577

I haven't started the second stream yet but after finishing the first I came to the conclusion that Lunne's surname is "McCormick" and her parents conceived her at a meeting of Cthulhu cultists who lured them there with the promise of free beer.

...Also, I find the Chicken Chef's nose being a throbbing fried chicken leg to be disturbing.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #578

A little something I learned while researching this game(no spoilers)

You can sometimes get optional scenes if you go to non-plot places during a given chapter.

Apparently, if you go to Red Wine Drunk Lady's apartment during one chapter(I don't know which one) you can get a scene of the little girl asleep, apparently having a nightmare, and talking in her sleep and the dialog is the same as the recording that Blue-Natasha there used to trick the Justice Minister.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #579

A little something I learned while researching this game(no spoilers)

You can sometimes get optional scenes if you go to non-plot places during a given chapter.

Apparently, if you go to Red Wine Drunk Lady's apartment during one chapter(I don't know which one) you can get a scene of the little girl asleep, apparently having a nightmare, and talking in her sleep and the dialog is the same as the recording that Blue-Natasha there used to trick the Justice Minister.
    Neat! I should consider checking out optional places more often...

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

Live in five?

EDIT: Never mind, live in zero apparently.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2023-07-16 at 01:26 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

11. - Top - End - #581

*Sees that the latestvid is eight hours long*

Zodi? Did you get too into it and beat the whole game in one night?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #582

*Sees that the latestvid is eight hours long*

Zodi? Did you get too into it and beat the whole game in one night?
    I was told there was two hours left of the game and I looked at the time and was like "okay so I should be finished by like, 6 hours total streaming time" and, as I may have mentioned many times before, I am bad at math.

Worth it though.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

Yea, personal feelings about reveals aside, I'm glad you played Ghost Trick. Its one of those games that anyone should experience at least once without spoilers.

By the way! I forgot to mention!
    Spoiler: Ghost Trick Endgame spoilers
    Show
    The reason why your powers are called Ghost Tricks is because you were taught by Ray, who turns out to be Old Man Missile.

Missile is a dog and thus instead of calling these things "powers" or whatever, recalls the closest thing he knows to them: Dog Tricks. Thus he reasons that the ghosts are performing Ghost Tricks. no one refers to these powers the same way, since the police is after the "manipulator" and Yomiel just calls them powers.

thus the entire game is about pets performing tricks for humans. its not just a catchy title, but describing what actually happens in it simply as possible without you realizing it. when you first get to the title screen its just a weird little title, and like everything else its real meaning only becomes clear at the end.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

14. - Top - End - #584

Spoiler: I'm not far enough in to know if anyone brought this up but...
    Show
    In this game, a cat saves nine lives... Assuming that Lynne only counts as one.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #585

Okay, I'm at the end now.

Since it came up: There were allegations that the animal actors were put in real dangerous situations during the Filming of Milo and Otis but they were never proven and the evidence, to an overwhelming degree, suggests that there's no weight to most of those claims...

Admittedly, here are a number of scenes, especially in the original Japanese cut, that couldn't have been pleasant for the animals.

Edit: And for the record, I did get the Keanu reference.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-07-20 at 08:01 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ettin in the Playground

Live in five?

EDIT: Never mind, live in zero apparently.
    Once again asking "when live?" in the hope the answer will turn out to be "now" again.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

17. - Top - End - #587

Okay, I'm at the end now.

Since it came up: There were allegations that the animal actors were put in real dangerous situations during the Filming of Milo and Otis but they were never proven and the evidence, to an overwhelming degree, suggests that there's no weight to most of those claims...

Admittedly, here are a number of scenes, especially in the original Japanese cut, that couldn't have been pleasant for the animals.

Edit: And for the record, I did get the Keanu reference.
    That's... better than animals being killed, I suppose.

*high fives in pretty solid B+ comedy films*

Once again asking "when live?" in the hope the answer will turn out to be "now" again.
    Maybe next time it happens

18. - Top - End - #588

Castlevania, time to crash Dracula's Halloween Party and murder all his guests becuase he didn't invite you.

...My knowledge of Castlevania comes from memes, memories of playing that one game with the Devil Forges in middle school, and the Starbomb song I just referenced.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #589

Castlevania, time to crash Dracula's Halloween Party and murder all his guests becuase he didn't invite you.

...My knowledge of Castlevania comes from memes, memories of playing that one game with the Devil Forges in middle school, and the Starbomb song I just referenced.
    Aah, the PS2 Castlevania. Notable for being an early character action game and for introducing characters who would get far better depictions in the Netflix animated series. Also for having the special chair room that catalogs every chair you've ever sat in.

Honestly an unstated part of the first Castlevania that gets dropped basically immediately that I kinda... feel like could be worked with, is the fact that the entire game is set up to be read as a film.

20. - Top - End - #590

... Should I be concerned that you want to stream a game that makes you sad?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #591

... Should I be concerned that you want to stream a game that makes you sad?
    Naw it'll be fine I won't cry openly on stream*. And like unironically I do wanna show said game to folk!

*no promises

22. - Top - End - #592

What I wanna know is why do they give you so much health if pretty much everything is gonna take away most of it in one hit?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #593

What I wanna know is why do they give you so much health if pretty much everything is gonna take away most of it in one hit?
    I (very briefly) made mention of that. Long story short this is one of those "was made more difficult in the western release" games.

24. - Top - End - #594

A bit of curiousness?

This game takes place over two decades before Mary Shelly wrote Frankenstein: The Modern Prometheus.

So if Frankenstein's monster is here, that implies that in the Castlevania universe that Shelly was not inspired by dreams, ghost stories, and a miscarriage but her adapting something form the historical record.

...Of course, since this version is very clearly based on the Universal film version and is accompanied by a unique fleeman named Igor, she clearly took creative license.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #595

Took me a bit to get to the latest stream.

...I can't help but feel that it's gonna turn out that there's a way to cure the petrification as a last-second plot twist that punishes the player's instinct to smash everything.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

...I can't help but feel that it's gonna turn out that there's a way to cure the petrification as a last-second plot twist that punishes the player's instinct to smash everything.
    The Kid has to smash a ring of them to progress by getting a Core. So....unlikely, as that would be bad game design. The twist only works if the smashing the statues is completely optional. No ifs ands or buts. If any of the statues are required to be smashed, that twist is automatically bull because it means you can't go through the game without doing it, thus bad for the game to make you do this thing then punishing you for doing something that was required. Furthermore, it'd be something very well known about this game and since Zodi has played it before.....well....Zodi wouldn't smash any of the statues. Because it encourages an "optimal" way of playing the game that would make sure she doesn't smash ANY of them.

This makes making twists in a videogame like this tricky because anyone playing the second time knows the twist and thus can play it in a way knowing what happens ahead of time. twists only work once, thus you must have a really good twist to make it work and use it to enhance the game through its replayability. this is hard to pull off, especially in the internet age where shared knowledge can ruin a twist before you ever play a game. so trust me, if there was a twist like that, we'd have a good amount of clues pointing to it.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-08-15 at 01:08 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

27. - Top - End - #597

A bit of curiousness?

This game takes place over two decades before Mary Shelly wrote Frankenstein: The Modern Prometheus.

So if Frankenstein's monster is here, that implies that in the Castlevania universe that Shelly was not inspired by dreams, ghost stories, and a miscarriage but her adapting something form the historical record.

...Of course, since this version is very clearly based on the Universal film version and is accompanied by a unique fleeman named Igor, she clearly took creative license.
    Forgot to respond to this.

I choose to believe that within the universe of Castlevania, Shelly was an ally of the Belmonts.

Interesting, though unlikely. The Calamity did quite a bit more than petrifying people, given the state of the world and what the Lost-and-Found implies. If we COULD remake an entire person out of shards of reality, it'd... probably take a ton, since it takes a quite large amount of them to revive a bottle of juice.

28. - Top - End - #598

I feel like that whirlwind spin move with the hammer might have been useful in the Junk Smashing challenge.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #599

I feel like that whirlwind spin move with the hammer might have been useful in the Junk Smashing challenge.
    Unfortunately skills cannot be used in those challenges. They're purely weapon challenges.

30. - Top - End - #600

I have literally no idea what 30XX is.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks