New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    So, about the "other languages" bit. It's only softly implied throughout (mostly at the New Church) but the idea is that, due to the nature of this technology... every language other than English has been exterminated for this exact reason. If other languages existed it'd make the world just that much more complicated.
    How? Like, you touched on this but controlling languages is hard. Pretty much the only way to kill off a language would be to kill everyone who speaks it.

Or at least prevent them from being able to pass it onto others.

Unless of course this game is secretly a bad future in the Metal Gear Timeline where the language parasites were proliferated.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    How? Like, you touched on this but controlling languages is hard. Pretty much the only way to kill off a language would be to kill everyone who speaks it.

Or at least prevent them from being able to pass it onto others.

Unless of course this game is secretly a bad future in the Metal Gear Timeline where the language parasites were proliferated.
    Yeah, wiping out all other languages would basically be a cultural apocalypse.

as for it being a bad future.....eeeeeeh, this seems like the split came before the Metal Gears could ever be a thing. this linguistic tech seems to be first made in the 1800's, more alt history than anything else. maybe they invented some big language wiping out device- if you can remove a letter from a word, why not a device to remove another language from the world? apparently all it would take is a lot more energy than a dinky laser pointer. and modern society has a lot of energy.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

The language-extermination thing seems to be a thing about Atlantis specifically, not the world in general. Which is a much easier job, though you'll note they still haven't completely managed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #94

Once more, we step into the shoes of a body spliced pair of individuals trying to escape Atlantis! It's Counterfeit Monkey time!

Zodi Streams: Counterfeit Monkey [2] Problems with Adjectives

Video Length: 3:44:57

In this one, while we don't make much headway towards our goals, we DO however gain a LOT of power. Next time though? Next time... will be chaotic.

5. - Top - End - #95

Still no thoughts about... Sorry, I just can't get into this one.

But a thought that occurred to me regarding the Zelda playthrough... Guacamole Doritos exist and are about the right shade of green. Would probably go better with Spicy Nacho Cheese and Cool Ranch than spearmint

Actually, those would probably be good as a stack.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #96

Still no thoughts about... Sorry, I just can't get into this one.

But a thought that occurred to me regarding the Zelda playthrough... Guacamole Doritos exist and are about the right shade of green. Would probably go better with Spicy Nacho Cheese and Cool Ranch than spearmint

Actually, those would probably be good as a stack.
    That's totally fair. It's likely we'll finish it next stream, and then we'll move onto something more traditional.

That sounds horrifying but enticing. I should try it out one day maybe...

Also; I realize that there hasn't been Majora's Mask in... forever. I would like to apologize one last time with regards to that. I've been going through a lot lately, and been trying to recover in my own way. Next week, Majora's Mask WILL return. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

7. - Top - End - #97

That's totally fair. It's likely we'll finish it next stream, and then we'll move onto something more traditional.

That sounds horrifying but enticing. I should try it out one day maybe...

Also; I realize that there hasn't been Majora's Mask in... forever. I would like to apologize one last time with regards to that. I've been going through a lot lately, and been trying to recover in my own way. Next week, Majora's Mask WILL return. Thank you for your patience in this matter.
    Zodi, you do not owe us anything.

Little thing I did recently: I unpdated my very first major fanfic for the first time in over two years.

I didn't get complaints about how long it took. I just got people happy that the story was updated.

...Little concerned by the number of people who apparently thought I was dead when I was actively updating my other stories in that time, but nobody complained about the wait.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Zodi, you do not owe us anything.

Little thing I did recently: I unpdated my very first major fanfic for the first time in over two years.

I didn't get complaints about how long it took. I just got people happy that the story was updated.

...Little concerned by the number of people who apparently thought I was dead when I was actively updating my other stories in that time, but nobody complained about the wait.
    That reminds me I should probably update mine, but apparently I'm such a bad writer when it comes slow and creepy chapter that I have no ideas how to do it and rather do anything else for literal years.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

It's all fine. You take care of yourself, ma'am!
    I can only imagine that a cyclical game like this, rather than a concretely progressive one, is much harder to do and more draining.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

10. - Top - End - #100

Once more, Counterfeit Monkey.

Zodi Streams: Counterfeit Monkey [3] Wild and Pure and Forever Free

Video Length: 5:30:58

This little stream probably has the most concentrated wild mood swings one can really experience while playing a text adventure/pointy-clicky adventure game. The laughter at the comedy, the frustration of "... okay now what?" puzzles, the genuine bafflement when you stumble directly into an answer out of nowhere as a joke. The furious grumbling of "oops the game just broke" that takes you out of the zone... and the unbelievably beautiful turns of phrase that slam you directly back into it, with all the force of... well, multiple dropkick cancans.

Also we beat the game! That's cool! We were kinda of exhausted at the end so not as much wrapping up at the end, but it's how you do.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2021-10-24 at 01:15 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Counterfeit Monkey 3:
    Ah, so Kung-Fu Panda was never made in this world, got it.

Poe: oh come now, if YOU were suddenly cloned/reanimated into the world, wouldn't YOU follow the person who did it to find out why?

oh so THATS what happens with depluralized people. they don't stop existing, they just get......smushed....into......one.......huh, so thats what happened.

I imagine the lee is just a little mote of shadow.

Miriam: "the general concept of cat is dumber than most cats"
    Zodi: "I blame Garfield"
    Me: "I blame lolcats"

anagramming gun and etymology reversal chamber are interesting. I think the next step of technology like this would be to combine all these little uses into one machine that does everything so you can program the device to go through a bunch of word changes to get what you want, because its current a process sometimes but if you can program/automate the processes and turn something into something else at computer speeds, that could really make this more efficient.

a lab device to sound risky so as to make idiots and strangers go away? best lab equipment, it should be standard!

Heh, when the oppressive government has to make everything cute so as to best defend itself....

yeah, I'm glad I'm not playing this game myself, I'm snarky, I'd probably do a lot things that wouldn't work and derail stuff like this.

yeah okay, the anagram gun is the most dangerous of these.

Spoiler
    Show
    so the Atlantida government tried to make the Atlantida lady an image or symbol everyone would accept.....and when they did, it immediately ended up being used to champion individual liberties. wah-wah-wowowowowowowow.......

huh so thats how Atlantida is defeated and changed. I would've thought to somehow add something to atlantida but no, its just simple as turn her back again in the modern day.

yeah its a fun strange little game indeed. I'm not much for text adventures, so I'd probably would never have known about this unless you streamed it Zodi.

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Counterfeit Monkey 3:
    Ah, so Kung-Fu Panda was never made in this world, got it.

Poe: oh come now, if YOU were suddenly cloned/reanimated into the world, wouldn't YOU follow the person who did it to find out why?

oh so THATS what happens with depluralized people. they don't stop existing, they just get......smushed....into......one.......huh, so thats what happened.

I imagine the lee is just a little mote of shadow.

Miriam: "the general concept of cat is dumber than most cats"
    Zodi: "I blame Garfield"
    Me: "I blame lolcats"

anagramming gun and etymology reversal chamber are interesting. I think the next step of technology like this would be to combine all these little uses into one machine that does everything so you can program the device to go through a bunch of word changes to get what you want, because its current a process sometimes but if you can program/automate the processes and turn something into something else at computer speeds, that could really make this more efficient.

a lab device to sound risky so as to make idiots and strangers go away? best lab equipment, it should be standard!

Heh, when the oppressive government has to make everything cute so as to best defend itself....

yeah, I'm glad I'm not playing this game myself, I'm snarky, I'd probably do a lot things that wouldn't work and derail stuff like this.

yeah okay, the anagram gun is the most dangerous of these.

Spoiler
    Show
    so the Atlantida government tried to make the Atlantida lady an image or symbol everyone would accept.....and when they did, it immediately ended up being used to champion individual liberties. wah-wah-wowowowowowowow.......

huh so thats how Atlantida is defeated and changed. I would've thought to somehow add something to atlantida but no, its just simple as turn her back again in the modern day.

yeah its a fun strange little game indeed. I'm not much for text adventures, so I'd probably would never have known about this unless you streamed it Zodi.
    The current year in game is 2003. That film came out 2008.

Yeah the stuff done with Subject A is all very cool. Even if the solution has a very... Gordian Knot feeling to it, it is so firmly established how reification works through the entire game that it makes total perfect sense.

I'm not one for text adventures and pointy-clicky games myself, but this one was very fun, and playing through it with my girlfriend made it ten times better. She's the best, everyone praise her.

13. - Top - End - #103

What if we finally got back to this, why don't we?

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask [4] Evanescence Presents; Sonata of Awakening

Video Length: 19:57

The reality of editing means our return to Majora's Mask is a little short, but also the next two episodes are going to be Dungeon Time so it's to be expected. We get our first new song, the Sonata of Awakening, and open up the temple in question. That may not seem like a lot, but given the nature of this game it is actually quite significant. Hope you all enjoyed, we'll see you all next time.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Forms (4)
    Show
    What if we finally got back to this, why don't we?

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask [4] Evanescence Presents; Sonata of Awakening

Video Length: 19:57

The reality of editing means our return to Majora's Mask is a little short, but also the next two episodes are going to be Dungeon Time so it's to be expected. We get our first new song, the Sonata of Awakening, and open up the temple in question. That may not seem like a lot, but given the nature of this game it is actually quite significant. Hope you all enjoyed, we'll see you all next time.

WELCOME BACK!

It's the bean seller hole, yeah. Plant is totes there. You can drop deku nuts on the deku, you just need to be above them while they're out of their flowers. Ah ha! You figure this out later! Noting here for future wombat - 3 blue and 6 green along the deku path, for when zodi gets the heart piece at a later date.

Pretty good sniping with the deku bubble on that dragonfly! +1 style point!

The new song of double time is great for selecting a specific time, rather than warping to the night or day. Also, I think I'll start tracking how many times you go back in time throughout this playthrough, because I'm curious. We already had one, which I'll just add to the one we get today, time keeping wise.

Temple time! Weeeeeee.

EPISODE 4 KILL TALLY!

Mad Deku Scrub - 7
    Dragonfly - 2
    Hiploop - 2

Style Points - 1
    Time Reset Count - 2

Missed Rupees - 21
    Lost Rupees - 0

Majora's Mask
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 4)

Spoiler
    Show
    Bad Bat - 7
    Deku Scrubs, Mad - 7
    Dragonfly - 2
    Eeno - 1
    Leever - 1
    Octo, Big - 1
    Skulltula, Big - 2
    Snapper - 1
    Wolfos - 1

Babas
    Baba, Mini - 5
    Baba, Deku - 3

Molds
    Dragonfly - 2
    Hiploop - 2

Slimes
    Chuchu, Red - 4
    Chuchu, Green - 2

Time Reset Count - 2

Total Things Dead - 39

1st Place - Bad Bat and Mad Deku Scrub, tied at 7!
    2nd Place - Mini Baba, at 5!
    3rd Place - Red Chuchu, at 4!

Total Style Points - 3

Total Missed Rupees - 38
    Total Lost Rupees - 11
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2021-10-29 at 10:38 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome back!

So, you said you didn't know if it was the beanstalk or the vendor that was moved, it was the vendor. In the original version, if I can recall correctly, you had to get the bean *before* heading into the deku stronghold. IIRC it was from the deku vendor on top of the roof of the boat tour building or something.

Also, there wasn't an owl statue at the entrance to the swamp. Originally, it was up the waterfall just outside of the deku stronghold. So you had to go through the swamp to get to the owl statue. However, it did at least make it convenient to re-visit the deku place later on.

There's another picture you can give the old dude for an interesting reward, although it does come off as kind of blackmail...

Also, in the actual original, all of the ocarina buttons were the same color... you used the yellow d-pad for four of the five notes. For the GC version, however, they had to adapt it which had a more colorful outlay.

Kind of a short episode today, but given the demarcation, I felt it appropriate. You want a full episode, probably two, for the actual dungeon itself, and this is a great cut point.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Welcome back!

So, you said you didn't know if it was the beanstalk or the vendor that was moved, it was the vendor. In the original version, if I can recall correctly, you had to get the bean *before* heading into the deku stronghold. IIRC it was from the deku vendor on top of the roof of the boat tour building or something.

Also, there wasn't an owl statue at the entrance to the swamp. Originally, it was up the waterfall just outside of the deku stronghold. So you had to go through the swamp to get to the owl statue. However, it did at least make it convenient to re-visit the deku place later on.

There's another picture you can give the old dude for an interesting reward, although it does come off as kind of blackmail...

Also, in the actual original, all of the ocarina buttons were the same color... you used the yellow d-pad for four of the five notes. For the GC version, however, they had to adapt it which had a more colorful outlay.

Kind of a short episode today, but given the demarcation, I felt it appropriate. You want a full episode, probably two, for the actual dungeon itself, and this is a great cut point.
    There IS a bean seller in the original, you just had to sneak through the right side of the gardens to get to him, there wasn't that easy access hole right by the plant. He could be skipped by buying from the scrub though, for sure.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

17. - Top - End - #107

Ahh, using time travel to cheat at the lottery. A time honord tradition.

...You'd think that tattle would have something to say about you trapping a fairy in a bottle?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Nothing much to say, besides "oh, right, I forgot where we were." XD
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Loop 2, Day 3: Time Travel For Fun And Profit
    Ah Link, not worrying/thinking through the consequences of his actions as usual. But thats what you get when your the Triforce of Courage: you play the pipes even when it gets you thrown out by dekus.

Its "Woodfall" Zodi.

yeah time travel is always shenanigans when you get economics involved.

Hey have you tried singing the buttons? A, X, A, X, L, YYYY, LLLLL.......

@ Rater: I mean, Navi didn't have anything to say about it either. I guess Navi and Tatl are just fine with their brethren being captured to dwell in a jar for a period of time before being released to restore some of Link's health. Or maybe Navi and Tatl just hate pink fairies?

20. - Top - End - #110

I always just kinda figured it's a fairy thing. Sucks to suck loser, you got trapped by a person, gotta save their life. Fairy law.

21. - Top - End - #111

Go go Power Rangeeeers.

Zodi Streams: Power Rangers Genesis/SNES Marathon

Video Length: 5:08:37

As part of my redoing of all the games I've LPed, it is time to return to Power Rangers the Movie for the Genesis... but since that is a short game, it's time instead to play all of the Genesis and SNES Power Ranger games! And also some Battle for the Grid! Hope you all enjoy!

22. - Top - End - #112

BAsed on your answer to the "if you were a power rangers villain?" qustion... I'm guessing your liked the second Galaxy Pink ranger?

That's a weird story. They killed off the original Galaxy Pink and brought back Korone to take her place becuase the orignal actress was diagnosed with a potential fatal cancer and couldn't do the show and get the treatment she needed, so...

And then they used it to expand on something from the last seasons: Karone feels remorse over what she did as Astronema, even though she was literally kidnapped and brainwashed into it and later just flat out mind controlled when she gets reminded of her brother and the brainwashing starts to wear off. Her arc of alternating between using Astronema's reputation as a tool and trying to atone for what she did leads directly into some major plot points and the Red Galaxy Ranger's power up.

...In Super Megaforce, which used footage from Gokaiger, the 45th-anniversary sentai where the main team could use the powers of previous teams, they have their own version of the "Legend war" at the end and bring back a bunch of previous actors for new footage. It was cut from the main airing but in the extended version Karone is present and has her powers restored with the "Legend Shift" power she's shown being able to shift between her Galaxy Pink form and her Astronema Form at will. They probably just did that becuase it was cool, but that has some interesting implications.

If I was a Power Rangers villain, I'd like to be the Badass Lieutenant with a vague code of honor who looks vaguely like a knight who always gives the rangers a sporting chance, then it turns out that I'm a fallen hero corrupted by forces outside my control and my sense of fair play is my original self trying to reassert things: Eventually the Big bad brings in an eviler version of me from elsewhere just in time for the Rangers to defeat me in a way that destroys my evil self without killing me, revealing that I have a human form, and then I have an episode or two of a journey of self-discovery and healing before returning with "good" versions of my villain powers which may or may not necessitate a redesign and I take the role of the "Extra Warrior" of the seasons.

(the Extra WArrior is someone like Magna Defender. They're not a Ranger but they have similar powers to one and act semi-independently from them.)

It's very interesting how they do n extended set-up of the rangers getting new powers in the movies, which also gives them ninja powers, they have to ern it but then when season 3 roles around and they do the exact same thing the tv show versiion the guy they go to just sort of gives it to them once they convince him too.

Ninjor helps them fight sometimes, but in-universe his whole schtick is that he can make Power Coins and zords. That's what he does. And then he just fricking disappears with no fanfare in the Alien Rangers miniseries even though realistically the Rangers should have just, kept going to him whenever they needed new powers or new zords.

That's literally all he does.

Bit of trivia: The Yellow Ranger doesn't have a skirt but the Pink ranger does becuase 1: The yellow ranger was a man in Kyouru Senai Zyuranger, the sentai whose stock footage was used for MMPR and 2: The stunt actor in the pink suit in the orignal footage was a slenderly built man... Who was um... Packing. they added a skirt to the pink stunt suit to avoid awkwardness.

The Black Ranger is also the RWBY Ranger.
    The thing Enderlord jokes about was really never a thing.

In Season 1: They'd power up by shouting the name of their dinosaur, except for the green ranger who shouted "Dragonzord." In season 2 it was "White Tigerzord."

In season 3... It was "*color* Ranger Power." The awkward phrasing wouldn't come up.
    The We Need a Hero Caffe is presumably a reference to the soundtrack.

One of the songs on the soundtrack is called "We Need a Hero." "And we keep dreaming of a world, where all is good and so we're told... We need a hero."

Personally, I eagerly await the appearance of the Kung Fu Dancing Pizaria. Or the Free Ride chinese take out place. You'd think those would be the other way around, but no.
    Actually, while Zack and Trini never returned(and Trini's actress died in a car accident) Jason did return teo seasons later to temporarily become the Gold Ranger when the Original Gold Ranger's powers became unstable.

He was later the red Mighty Morphin Ranger in the Forever Red Special, while Rocky was not present.

Jason was able to do this becuase he was never depowered: They made a huge deal about getting the "Sword of Light" to copy the powers of the three remaining rangers and give the copies to their replacements becuase they were worried about Lord Zedd's forces attacking them while they were just normal people, away from the rest of the rangers. So while he doesn't have a Zord the three of them canonically have just permanently been Rangers uninterrupted with their original powers for nearly 30 years.
    I remember in the movie when they're fighting Ivan they start losing so they push a button in the cockpit that says "for emergencies only" and it makes the Megazord kick Ivan in the groin.

...I did not actually expect the game to retain that part.
    I'm not sure that the second game is a power rangers game.

I think it's a super sentai game that was hastily reskinned: Replace the transformation scenes and the text

In particular, it seems like in the Rita scenes they just translated her counterpart's lines literally and then reused the same two bits in every scene regardless of context. She doesn't talk the way that Rita does.

Also Cyclopsis wasn't a monster but a Zord piloted by Goldar an d was much the same in the Sentai this was based on, but here is depicted as just another monster made by finster here.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-10-31 at 07:56 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #113

BAsed on your answer to the "if you were a power rangers villain?" qustion... I'm guessing your liked the second Galaxy Pink ranger?

That's a weird story. They killed off the original Galaxy Pink and brought back Korone to take her place becuase the orignal actress was diagnosed with a potential fatal cancer and couldn't do the show and get the treatment she needed, so...

And then they used it to expand on something from the last seasons: Karone feels remorse over what she did as Astronema, even though she was literally kidnapped and brainwashed into it and later just flat out mind controlled when she gets reminded of her brother and the brainwashing starts to wear off. Her arc of alternating between using Astronema's reputation as a tool and trying to atone for what she did leads directly into some major plot points and the Red Galaxy Ranger's power up.

It's very interesting how they do n extended set-up of the rangers getting new powers in the movies, which also gives them ninja powers, they have to ern it but then when season 3 roles around and they do the exact same thing the tv show versiion the guy they go to just sort of gives it to them once they convince him too.

Ninjor helps them fight sometimes, but in-universe his whole schtick is that he can make Power Coins and zords. That's what he does. And then he just fricking disappears with no fanfare in the Alien Rangers miniseries even though realistically the Rangers should have just, kept going to him whenever they needed new powers or new zords.

That's literally all he does.

The Black Ranger is also the RWBY Ranger.

I remember in the movie when they're fighting Ivan they start losing so they push a button in the cockpit that says "for emergencies only" and it makes the Megazord kick Ivan in the groin.

...I did not actually expect the game to retain that part.
    I'm not sure that the second game is a power rangers game.

I think it's a super sentai game that was hastily reskinned: Replace the transformation scenes and the text

In particular, it seems like in the Rita scenes they just translated her counterpart's lines literally and then reused the same two bits in every scene regardless of context. She doesn't talk the way that Rita does.

Also Cyclopsis wasn't a monster but a Zord piloted by Goldar an d was much the same in the Sentai this was based on, but here is depicted as just another monster made by finster here.
    She's pretty cool, yeah. I'll admit I don't actually know much because I've never really watched as much Sentai as I would have liked to.

The way the show gives them the ninja powers vs how the movie does it is ridiculous... and also, while the Thunder Megazord is rad as hell and based on a cool theme, I prefer the Ninja Megazord.

What do you mean by RWBY Ranger?

Yeah it's... so goofy.

And yeah, that second game is VERY rough, though somehow not the worst game we played. Also not the last game to portray Cyclopsis as just a monster, and to show Rita's Palace as a cool moon casino looking thing.

24. - Top - End - #114

What do you mean by RWBY Ranger?
    His ax.

Specifically, the fact that it's also a gun.
    ...As an aside, I kind of hate volume 1 Ruby's voice compared to later volumes.

Like, even the way that it shifts from ax mode to gun mode—and the fact that the blade becomes the handle and trigger—fits in with the nonsense trick-weapons in RWBY.

It's like at somepoint when fleshing out the RWBY concept the team took a break and binge-watched old power rangers episodes, saw the Blac Ranger's axe, and decided "yes, that. But even more ridiculous. Everything must also be guns."
    Bit of Trivia regarding the Blue Turbo Ranger: His actor(who was allowed to keep the helmet and child-sized costume he wore in non-sock footage and still has it) grew up to become an MMA fighter.

He's retired now, but... Man's fricking jacked.

When he was starting to make a name for himself, and people figured out who he was, he would get a lot of challengers who wanted to throw down with a Power Ranger.
    I can't help but notice that Billy, Jason, and Zack all have unique sprits and animations in that third game, but Trini and Kimberly are almost pallet swaps with identical animations.

EDIT: Finished your absurdly long power rangers stream.

1: I am 100% convinced that Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie featuring Ivan Ooze was cobbled together from mostly recycled assets as a quick tie-in to said movie. Ivan Ooze is transparently a crude recreation of Ivan's head pasted on a generic dark wizard.

2: Either I had a stroke or the people who made Battle for the Grid are smoking the good ****. All I understood of that was "one of the bad guys in the evil Edgelord version of Tommy from an alternate universe that was in one of the comic book adaptions" and that morphing doesn't actually do anything for Ryuu but give him new clothes.

3: Yes! Psychonauts 2. You're not gonna regret this, it has everything good from the first game with better gameplay and all of the problematic elements ironed out. They said it was a game about empathy and healing, and that's exactly what it comes across as.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-11-01 at 09:33 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #115

His ax.

Specifically, the fact that it's also a gun.
    ...As an aside, I kind of hate volume 1 Ruby's voice compared to later volumes.

Like, even the way that it shifts from ax mode to gun mode—and the fact that the blade becomes the handle and trigger—fits in with the nonsense trick-weapons in RWBY.

1: I am 100% convinced that Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie featuring Ivan Ooze was cobbled together from mostly recycled assets as a quick tie-in to said movie. Ivan Ooze is transparently a crude recreation of Ivan's head pasted on a generic dark wizard.

2: Either I had a stroke or the people who made Battle for the Grid are smoking the good ****. All I understood of that was "one of the bad guys in the evil Edgelord version of Tommy from an alternate universe that was in one of the comic book adaptions" and that morphing doesn't actually do anything for Ryuu but give him new clothes.

3: Yes! Psychonauts 2. You're not gonna regret this, it has everything good from the first game with better gameplay and all of the problematic elements ironed out. They said it was a game about empathy and healing, and that's exactly what it comes across as.
    At least in the Mastodon Ranger's case the axe is like, slightly magical and not transforming.

Yeah I'm like 100% convinced the last one of those games is just a sprite replacement thing. It's ridiculous.

Battle for the Grid is in fact rad as hell, for those exact reasons.

Excited to see how it goes!

26. - Top - End - #116

Majora's Mask time! Lets dive into the first dungeon!

Zodi Plays: Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask [5] Woodfall Down

Video Length: 19:31

In this episode, we start Woodfall Temple, and get our first real impression of what people mean when they call Majora's Mask an "Expert Zelda". The time limit (even if you can extend it) and collecting all the fairy pieces, plus the fact that there are optional rooms means that, at least within the scope of me playing Zelda games for the internet, these are probably going to be the most complex dungeons. Adding to that is that there will be times where the game asks us to do things that I genuinely don't know how you'd learn beyond just... experimenting and figuring it out, but once learned are now inbuilt and unforgettable. It's fascinating!

As a slight update; I'm going back to working in the office basically full time. This means my schedule will be kinda slammed. I will try to keep up the uploads, but sorry if it slips again! Hope you all enjoyed, we'll see you all next time for the rest of Woodfall Temple.

27. - Top - End - #117

I find the music in the temple to be a touch on the unsettling side myself.

Are you sure something bad happens on the petals, or is that just your instinct becuase flimsy platforms are often... flimsy in games like this.

"Tonight we dine on turtle soup!"

I like that Deku Link jumps into the chest to get things, especially since I was just thinking that he was big enough to fit in it.

The perspective on those jumps is dizzying. Getting vertigo just watching it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Loop 3, Day 1: Spooky Carved Wood Temple
    this temple has a creepy ancient vibe to it that fits with this game. a lot of the decorations make think a lot of this is carved wood.

"why is the camera like this?"
    answer: your actually viewing things from Tatl's perspective.

.....Link doing the item thing while wearing the bomb mask is funny, makes it look like the skull is sad to receive this.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Kind of a short episode today. You could probably have finished off the rest of the dungeon inside the half hour mark.

One of the lesser known abilities of the Great Fairy Mask is to draw faeries to you. While this is almost never directly relevant, the only fairy just aimlessly chilling around is the very first one you collect, it can be useful when you free a faerie from a distance, such as shooting a bubble or an arrow at whatever is trapping it, then putting on the mask to guide the now freed faerie to you.

Also, I'm reminded of how much I played this game when I got it in the GC 26th Anniversary Zelda Collection because I still have this dungeon memorized. Including the location of a faerie you've passed at least a half dozen times so far. A couple of them, actually. However, I won't be spoilering them because a) that would be rude, b) that would be pointless as you've already recorded the entire dungeon run ahead of time so it's not like you'll be able to react to it, and c) the ability you get from collecting them all isn't exactly mandatory.

If that Majora's Mask indentation on the floor is what I think it is, then it used to be the mark of the boss of the dungeon, and is actually both relevant and actually quite useful in getting the 'best' ending.

Normal arrows, when shot through a lit torch sconce, become burning arrows. There is a place in this dungeon where this is relevant. It becomes more relevant in later dungeons.

I'd never killed the Lizalfos in that manner before. That's... actually pretty darn clever.

Also, there's exactly two minibosses per dungeon. One guarding the treasure of the dungeon (the bow in this instance), and one guarding the Big Key. I'll talk more about the latter in the next episode when we meet it.

Yea, those butterflies that hang around torches? They hurt if they catch you. And they chase lit deku sticks. You already had a time limit doing fire-related stick puzzles due to the sticks burning out. They didn't have to add injury to insult, but for some reason, they decided this was a good idea.

You know, those flying insects guarding the compass? I saw the flowers in the ground and thought I had to beat them by jumping out of the flower like I did the turtles. I never knew they went down to deku bubble shot so easily. Learn something new every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Well, these dungeons are definitely atmospheric so far. The whole game really does a good job with that.