New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I find the music in the temple to be a touch on the unsettling side myself.

Are you sure something bad happens on the petals, or is that just your instinct becuase flimsy platforms are often... flimsy in games like this.

"Tonight we dine on turtle soup!"

I like that Deku Link jumps into the chest to get things, especially since I was just thinking that he was big enough to fit in it.

The perspective on those jumps is dizzying. Getting vertigo just watching it.
    Yeah, it's pretty unsettling! That's part of why I like it XP

It is super cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Loop 3, Day 1: Spooky Carved Wood Temple
    this temple has a creepy ancient vibe to it that fits with this game. a lot of the decorations make think a lot of this is carved wood.

"why is the camera like this?"
    answer: your actually viewing things from Tatl's perspective.

.....Link doing the item thing while wearing the bomb mask is funny, makes it look like the skull is sad to receive this.
    Every canned animation, But You're Wearing A Mask, is excellent honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Kind of a short episode today. You could probably have finished off the rest of the dungeon inside the half hour mark.

One of the lesser known abilities of the Great Fairy Mask is to draw faeries to you. While this is almost never directly relevant, the only fairy just aimlessly chilling around is the very first one you collect, it can be useful when you free a faerie from a distance, such as shooting a bubble or an arrow at whatever is trapping it, then putting on the mask to guide the now freed faerie to you.

Also, I'm reminded of how much I played this game when I got it in the GC 26th Anniversary Zelda Collection because I still have this dungeon memorized. Including the location of a faerie you've passed at least a half dozen times so far. A couple of them, actually. However, I won't be spoilering them because a) that would be rude, b) that would be pointless as you've already recorded the entire dungeon run ahead of time so it's not like you'll be able to react to it, and c) the ability you get from collecting them all isn't exactly mandatory.

If that Majora's Mask indentation on the floor is what I think it is, then it used to be the mark of the boss of the dungeon, and is actually both relevant and actually quite useful in getting the 'best' ending.

Normal arrows, when shot through a lit torch sconce, become burning arrows. There is a place in this dungeon where this is relevant. It becomes more relevant in later dungeons.

I'd never killed the Lizalfos in that manner before. That's... actually pretty darn clever.

Also, there's exactly two minibosses per dungeon. One guarding the treasure of the dungeon (the bow in this instance), and one guarding the Big Key. I'll talk more about the latter in the next episode when we meet it.

Yea, those butterflies that hang around torches? They hurt if they catch you. And they chase lit deku sticks. You already had a time limit doing fire-related stick puzzles due to the sticks burning out. They didn't have to add injury to insult, but for some reason, they decided this was a good idea.

You know, those flying insects guarding the compass? I saw the flowers in the ground and thought I had to beat them by jumping out of the flower like I did the turtles. I never knew they went down to deku bubble shot so easily. Learn something new every day.
    Possibly! I could have maybe had this be a 40 minute video, but I'm still getting back into the swing of things with recording Majora's Mask.

I think I did show off the Great Fairy Mask's drawing power... if not in this one, then the next. Likewise with the arrow shooting through flame.

I've... never really realize there are two minibosses, one for the item and one for the boss key. I've always known but, but never really made the connection?

The deadly fire moths are so weird a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Well, these dungeons are definitely atmospheric so far. The whole game really does a good job with that.
    Yup! That's something Majora's Mask is fantastic at.

2. - Top - End - #122

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Mamamajora! Majora's Mask!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask [6] Odolwa

Video Length: 24:03

The back half of Woodfall Temple, wherein we actually see some of those "Zelda expert mode" puzzles I mentioned last time, face off against a rude frog, and then face one of the stranger bosses in the series; Odolwa! The original game's version of this fight honestly feels like a mess, where it is never really clear what you're supposed to do. This version makes it far clearer, as well as adds in some extras to make it work even better... at the potential consequence of making it TOO telegraphed? I know some people dislike it, but as the first boss of the game it should be a little reasonable.

Also, and this is just me, but one of the cool things about Majora's Mask IS the fact that each boss has different ways to fight it. Each boss has a way for regular ole Hylian Link to take it down, and a way for his transformed state to take it down... and in the original, it was very unclear to just not being possible how you were supposed to do it with Deku Link! So making that clearer is GOOD, in my opinion, even if they may have made it took clear?

Regardless, Odolwa is destroyed, and we have obtained ourselves a sassy little princess as a result... and the masked remains of Odolwa, saving the Giant spirit beneath the mask! We'll learn more about these big ole honky boys later, but for now we take our new song and move on with our lives. Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Loop 3, Day 1-B: Kejukekardes! CLINK-KA!
    Yeah, when I tried to play Majora's Mask for myself, I had to figure out you can shoot through torches on my own.

I definitely remember Odolwa being more puppet-like and janky than this. like sometimes he'd go something "dolalalalalala! dolalalalalala!" and go faster, this not what I remember of him. and I remember the sounds he makes entirely differently for some reason.

yes, you have now learn the checkmark/V-shaped song, Oath to Order.

Zodi: please don't be weird at me
    Green Fairy: No promises.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #124

I can't help but feel like there was an intro that got cut off?

Odolwa appears to be infected with the G-Virus.

Nothing wrong with joking.

...you smell like monkey, but you haven't met the monkey in this loop. This game is confusing.

...There is no way in hell she should be able to fit in that bottle.

You've revived the Guacamole Dorito Fairy and she's given you an end-game power up right after the first boss... I get the feeling that you're gonna need it.

And seriously. That's a Poison Ivey situation. The fairies are clearly naked and it just looks like they have clothes becuase of the planty bits growing on their skin.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #125

I can't help but feel like there was an intro that got cut off?

Odolwa appears to be infected with the G-Virus.

Nothing wrong with joking.

...you smell like monkey, but you haven't met the monkey in this loop. This game is confusing.

...There is no way in hell she should be able to fit in that bottle.

You've revived the Guacamole Dorito Fairy and she's given you an end-game power up right after the first boss... I get the feeling that you're gonna need it.

And seriously. That's a Poison Ivey situation. The fairies are clearly naked and it just looks like they have clothes becuase of the planty bits growing on their skin.
    It's where the last video ended.

A little bit, yeah!

To be fair Hylians are hyliad sapiens and thus apes, like humans are.

Look it is a tight squeeze but she's got it!

Yeah the Ocarina/Majora great fairies are... very risque.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Mamamajora! Majora's Mask!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask [6] Odolwa

Video Length: 24:03

The back half of Woodfall Temple, wherein we actually see some of those "Zelda expert mode" puzzles I mentioned last time, face off against a rude frog, and then face one of the stranger bosses in the series; Odolwa! The original game's version of this fight honestly feels like a mess, where it is never really clear what you're supposed to do. This version makes it far clearer, as well as adds in some extras to make it work even better... at the potential consequence of making it TOO telegraphed? I know some people dislike it, but as the first boss of the game it should be a little reasonable.

Also, and this is just me, but one of the cool things about Majora's Mask IS the fact that each boss has different ways to fight it. Each boss has a way for regular ole Hylian Link to take it down, and a way for his transformed state to take it down... and in the original, it was very unclear to just not being possible how you were supposed to do it with Deku Link! So making that clearer is GOOD, in my opinion, even if they may have made it took clear?

Regardless, Odolwa is destroyed, and we have obtained ourselves a sassy little princess as a result... and the masked remains of Odolwa, saving the Giant spirit beneath the mask! We'll learn more about these big ole honky boys later, but for now we take our new song and move on with our lives. Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time!
    So, this key-guarding miniboss. Every key-guarding miniboss is frog-based and turns into a 'normal' frog after being defeated. However...

Spoiler: No really, this is an actual spoiler for a quest chain later!
    Show
    Finding a specific mask will let you talk to the frogs. Here's the kicker: You have to talk to all five frogs, four of which are these key minibosses. Which are generally toward the END of each of the four dungeons. So to complete this quest, you have to run all four dungeons in the same three-day period at least far enough to talk to said frog while equipped with said mask before going to the next. This is... annoying, more than anything, as by the time you get into the fourth dungeon, the first few are pretty trivial, it's just a matter of slogging through the dungeons to get there.

Basically, I just ended up devoting an entire three-day cycle to this one quest.

Figuring out Odolwa on the old console was mostly a work of trial and error. I went into the fight with the knowledge that the item of the dungeon is generally used to defeat the boss of said dungeon, and so kept trying to figure out how to use the bow effectively on him. I also was trying to pop up out of the flowers on the ground to knock him over, like you do with the turtles. I hadn't considered bombing him with deku nuts. But mostly, I just bum-rushed him and attacked his heel with my sword until he fell over, then hit him more on the back of the head. The signposting in this version is *MUCH* better, and would have led to less frustration on my part with the fight, but also does kinda make the boss trivial? I dunno. Wouldn't be complaining about it, though. Like you said, first boss is always supposed to be a pushover (unless you're playing a Soulsborne game).

Figuring out I needed to bottle the princess was... a thing. I think I ended up soft-locking at that point because I had no idea what she was talking about, and I thought I had to pick her up over my head like I did Ruto in the previous title in the dungeon. The first time I defeated the dungeon, I was unable to complete the questline because time ran out and I had to reset time since I spent so much time trying to figure out how the heck I was supposed to get her to her father.

Yea, I was expecting the faerie under the push-block in that other room as well. I wonder where she got moved to. Or did she just get removed entirely? Been too long, need to fire up the game again at some point.

Either way, congratulations on your victory!

As far as the rupees, I'm pretty sure you know how to make that problem less... problematic, and I expect you'll take care of it before you reset time.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2021-11-05 at 01:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Huh. I like how even the minibosses are involved with making use of multiple forms and multiple tools. That's neat.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

8. - Top - End - #128

Hey hey, it is time for a Psychonauts two!

Zodi Streams: Psychonauts 2 [1] Silly Dice Maze

Video Length: 4:41:05

Starting us off fairly strong, Psychonauts 2 really does feel like it is the game Psychonauts 1 wanted to be. Everything feels... correctly put together, for lack of a better term, and the jokes are actually funny! The mechanics feel properly functional and the boss fights aren't miserable slogs! It says a lot about how bad Psychonauts 1 was that this is the opening praise I'm giving it, but hey. They had a lot to make up for.

9. - Top - End - #129

To be fair, the first game didn't have fall damage so it's kind of weird that this one does.

Regarding the mental health advisory: They mean it when they say that this is a game about Empathy and healing. I genuinely beleive that the approach to treating mental illness taken in these games is how it should go... Minus the little boy astral projecting into your mind part.

You might note that the Whispering Rock postcard was written in the same font as the Gravity Falls logo. It's probably a coincidence, but we never did learn where Whispering Rock was other than "probably somewhere in America."

I have the mental image of True Psychic Tales deciding to humor "the Aquato kid" for his persistence, reaching out to the Psychonauts to fact check his story, and then being floored when Sasha or someone is like "no, uh... That's all true. If anything we're a bit surprised by how much he left out."

Even in a mental construct, Oleander has to wear his metals... That are probably fake, considering that he never served.

Note: The Talking Turtle appears to be a puppet version of Mr. Pokeylope.

Something you'll notice in this game: Almost all of the "people" mental constructs look like muppets.

It's very interesting just how much control Loboto has of his own mindscape. He probably could have been the greatest psychic of his generation if his parents weren't bigoted abusive pricks.

Paper Imp Zodi is very appropriate for this game for reasons that will become clear with time.

For what it's worth: Figments are a lot easier to find. There's like... One I've heard of that's really tricky and that's it. The hardest part of collectibles in this game is that you're very much intended to come back and explore more later... For like, everywhere.

All of the returning powers from the first game have quality-of-life improvements.

Something to note: Laboto very clearly has a "Glasgow Grin," his cheeks were cut open to give the appearance of a smile, and it didn't heal properly. Between that, his prosthetic arm, and the fact that the top of his skull is gone leaving his shower cap as the only thing protecting his otherwise exposed brain... what the **** has this poor broken man been through besides the stuff we already know about?

All of the enemies introduced in this game are very thematic, but I'll touch on that as you get to them.

Like regrets: At the end of RoR, Loboto's moral compass is restored and thus he gains the ability to tell right from wrong. Thus, he begins to regret his life choices. And as they say, Regrets weigh you done... As represented by them dropping heavy weights on you.

"repair the construct" means fix the office.

The level of warped in a mindscape is directly proportionate to the form and manifestation of the mental illness of the mind holder, often in ways that make it abundantly clear what you're dealing with.

Make note of the two eyes in the one poser, and how it repeats as a motif.

Note: If you burn Lili's poster last she doesn't do the "just kidding" bit or keep talking to you so...

Regarding the difficulty of Pyrokinesis: I'm not sure where exactly, but somewhere Raz mentions that Pyrokinesis is more difficult for him than other psychic powers and that Lili is much better at it than he is.

Doubts vomit up a noxious purple goo hat slows you down... To represent being held back by your doubts. And I don't need to explain the symbolism of introducing it here, the game does it for me.

Did you know that there are certain kinds of cancer where clusters of malformed teeth will form in the tumor? Guess what made me think of that.

Pay close attention to the mnemonic Loboto uses here.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #130

To be fair, the first game didn't have fall damage so it's kind of weird that this one does.

Regarding the mental health advisory: They mean it when they say that this is a game about Empathy and healing. I genuinely beleive that the approach to treating mental illness taken in these games is how it should go... Minus the little boy astral projecting into your mind part.

Something you'll notice in this game: Almost all of the "people" mental constructs look like muppets.

It's very interesting just how much control Loboto has of his own mindscape. He probably could have been the greatest psychic of his generation if his parents weren't bigoted abusive pricks.

Paper Imp Zodi is very appropriate for this game for reasons that will become clear with time.

All of the returning powers from the first game have quality-of-life improvements.

Something to note: Laboto very clearly has a "Glasgow Grin," his cheeks were cut open to give the appearance of a smile, and it didn't heal properly. Between that, his prosthetic arm, and the fact that the top of his skull is gone leaving his shower cap as the only thing protecting his otherwise exposed brain... what the **** has this poor broken man been through besides the stuff we already know about?

All of the enemies introduced in this game are very thematic, but I'll touch on that as you get to them.

Like regrets: At the end of RoR, Loboto's moral compass is restored and thus he gains the ability to tell right from wrong. Thus, he begins to regret his life choices. And as they say, Regrets weigh you done... As represented by them dropping heavy weights on you.

"repair the construct" means fix the office.

The level of warped in a mindscape is directly proportionate to the form and manifestation of the mental illness of the mind holder, often in ways that make it abundantly clear what you're dealing with.

Make note of the two eyes in the one poser, and how it repeats as a motif.

Regarding the difficulty of Pyrokinesis: I'm not sure where exactly, but somewhere Raz mentions that Pyrokinesis is more difficult for him than other psychic powers and that Lili is much better at it than he is.

Did you know that there are certain kinds of cancer where clusters of malformed teeth will form in the tumor? Guess what made me think of that.

Pay close attention to the mnemonic Loboto uses here.
    First game does in fact have fall damage. It's from falling into pits.

I look forward to seeing it. Remember that I have never played this game before!

They are kinda muppet-y, yeah.

The quality of life changes have been great, though Pyrokinesis still feels a bit weird to use.

I mean we know what happened to him. He was lobotomized in a mental hospital. Nothing about his injuries is out of place, with that in mind.

Teratomas, yeah. They've got other bits in there too.

Yeah it's pretty obvious the eye symbolism is related to Whoever The Bad Person Is, and that the mnemonic he's using has relation to taking brains out and sending them off to another underwater lair lead by the Delugionists (which the title screen and file select screen is, naturally) and that he has to put new brains into the bodies that he harvests the brains from, all likely in some attempt to bring Maligula back from the dead, either as genuine necromancy or as a thoughtpatteren made sentient. That stuff's all pretty obvious by the end of the tutorial, at least to me. I'm likely wrong on some details but its like, there.

11. - Top - End - #131

Post Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Okay, picking back up, we're approaching a part that's... a little painful. Razputin gets so much disrespect in the early parts of the game. I mean, it makes sense that he'd be disrespected—from Hollis's perspective, he's just some little kid who thinks he can be a psychonaut becuase he's got all of the merit badges at camp(not to mention she's stressed the Hell out) and the Interns probably aren't happy that some kid that hasn't even hit his growth spurt yet to squeezed into their exclusive class at the last minute but that doesn't make it any less cringe. In my opinion, this and this alone is probably the most difficult part of the game to get through. I can handle horrifying imagery, but this is just flat-out bullying.

Of course, I'm very sensitive to things like this for reasons I think I've explained in the banter thread.

On Razputin's comment about Oleander: Something you'll notice in this game is that "sane" Oleander isn't that different from "driven monomaniacally insane by a combination of repressed childhood trauma and psitanium poisoning" Oleander. Which, in hindsight, explains a lot.

And this is what I'm talking about: There's literally no reason to paste Raz's nametag over the psychonauts badge that Ford gave Raz.

"He didn't really do much of anything." He cured Fred, Gloria, Edgar, and Oleander of the basic traumas that, combined with psitanium exposure, left them all bat**** insane. Also saved the world. Twice, due to the official psychonauts on scene being incapacitated first by falling into a trap and then again by falling victim to psilirium poisoning.

Like, Raz and Ford are the only ones across both games so far who actually get things done.

Yeah, Raz has some bad habits that need ironing out, but... Right now he's basically being discriminated against becuase of his age. Hollis says she'll talk with the other agents but I don't think she actually does—Sasha, Milla, and Oleander all already treat him like he's an agent.

Remember: Cadet/Intern Rank is directly tied to Power LEvel and those cards and markers increase yor Rank. Why woulnd't they scatter them around in case someone needs to boost their power level between missions. Of course, Raz is more proactive about grabbing them than other people, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

That bit about unauthorized power use is probably a handwave for why Raz can't use Invisibility, Confusion, or Shield. It makes sense that they woulnd't trust an Intern to use... two of those powers. Not sure about Shield though, but Raz did canonically achieve Rank 101 which means that his shield is spikey and hurty.

Back in Rhombus of Ruin, they bring up that Loboto was working for Olander and Loboto mentions that his services are in high demand and that he was moonlighting for someone else while working with Oleander.

If you talk to one of the brain balls, they'll say that their body is sick and they had themselves temporarily debrained and put in a ball in order to be able to work while their body rests and recover. And, I mean, why not? If you can do it safely. I'd be a bit concerned about the work culture that encourages such a thing, but it's better than making people bring their sick bodies in and everything we see about the Psychonauts indicates that it's an awesome job that people love doing, so...

There's a one-off line that implies that "egg" is just psychic slang for brain, but I do have a theory for why the term might be used between two evil plans regardless.

Some of the pins are cosmetic and some of them actually do things.

"Honey pepper boar bacon" is made of the rare Honey Pepper Boar.

Again. Egg just seems to be general slang for brains. "Fold in the eggs" would thus be slang for some procedure or another. I'm assuming Mind Sex given the other implications of the conversation.

Raz is 10.

Lili is also 10. It's honestly a little concerning that she and Raz are in a romantic relationship at this age becuase it doesn't seem like they're just playing around... Though Raz does spend much of this game confused on whether or not it's serious.

As an aside, when they were promoting this game before release it was mentioned that Raz would get a better understanding of what terms like "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" actually mean. Keep that in mind.

...Oh god, Raz has got it bad.

Bobbie is probably not related to Bobby...

Des Sam look familiar? She should.

Keep in mind: Raz has basically no real-life experience. He has been homeschooled by his family in the circus and he has the last two games. Between that, being ten, and wanting desperately to fit in and be acknowledged after a lifetime of repressing who he is out of fear of how his family will react...

On that note: There's a bit of Rainbow Lensing in this game—using something that isn't being LGBT as a metaphor for being LGBT and the associated struggles. I don't know if you get to that part in this stream but... I don't know how well it plays out, but I do think it's a little weird that they do that in a game that does, in fact, have a couple of openly gay characters who you will meet later.

Raz never gets revenge on the other interns. He honestly gets something I think is better.

Also, I think its interesting to note that Raz seems to be picking up a smattering of Zoolepathy just by making friends with a rat. He clearly doesn't perfectly understand, but he picks up more than you'd expect.

Clairvoyance everyone—more than once. Unlike the first game, some characters have their mental image of Raz change over time. Also, some views of Raz have changed since the first game. Milla's view of Raz in particular I think is interesting.

Sasha dresses Raz up in some of his own clothes. Remember in the first game, how Sasha saw Raz as a younger version of himself?

'No no, I didn't bend the spoons mommy" is... horrifying in the context of Rhombus of Ruin.

So side note: If you stick around in Sasha's lab long enough, Loboto will have a lucid moment where tells Sasha not to feel bad and mention that he knows that his mind is a mess. He wants to make up for what he did but he's too messed up in the head and too afraid of what his employer will do to him to talk. It's kind of sad.

You also get the impression that Loboto is less of a prisoner and more of a patient in this context.

Sasha basically says that Hazing rituals are a way for groups to welcome new members while still feeling as if their groups are exclusive and not to take it too seriously. Interesting that he's taking the sociological perspective of it. He's not saying that it's okay, he's saying that the interns probably weren't malicious about the prank. The Interns get some character development later and Sasha's comment provides some context to that.

If you go to the blinking lights in Sasha's lab Raz can ask about them and Sasha admits that he leaves the machines in "display mode" when he's not using them becuase the blinky glowy buttons provide a nice ambiance.

The Agent doesn't just see you as a person—he says "hey little agent" and sees you as a "little agent." He has no idea who you are beyond "kid in the intern program" but he respects you and figures you'll graduate. That's nice. Random background agent is a nice guy.

By the way: Buring Norma's not a good idea. She's a Pyrokensis expert. All the kids have expert-level proficiency in one specific psychic power.

It's not really touched on, but every psychic in this universe has at least one "specialty" power that comes naturally to them, making it much easier for them to learn. Some Psychics have more than one specialty, and specialties tend to run in families: Everyone in Lili's family has some degree of ability in controlling or communicating with plants, for example.

Most Psychics tend to master their specialty first or legitimately "specialize" in it.

One of the special things about Raz is that he's able to easily master psychic powers outside of his own specialty. It's suggested that Raz's specialty is clairvoyance becuase it's the only power he was able to keep when his powers were suppressed by the Psilerium, but he easily masters pretty much every power he learns or, in the context of being given badges by Linda, Boyd, and Edgar just flat out copying them.

Norma's specialty is burning things.

Sam is... She's just like that.

A calliope is a type of instrument that produces a loud tone by sending steam or compressed air through repurposed train whistles. Some can be played like an organ, others can be rudimentary automated. There is no way t regulate their volume, and some of them can be heard for literal miles.

On Limitless: Achieving 102 rank doesn't mean you've 100% the game. There are achievements to get that aren't directly related to Intern Rank.

Also, the free patch they released a few days ago adds repeatable combat challenges to the post-game for the sake of making it easier to get enemy based achievements and giving people who have Rank 102 something to do with their Unlimited Power *Blasts someone with lighting*

(It also gives some quality of life updates, some of which are by default and some of which are unlocked Post Game.)

And without spoiling anything, there are some dangling plot threads but no overt sequel hook, leading some people to suspect that there's DLC in the works.

I think the Austin Powers connection is a coincidence, at least on Milla's end: Remember, she's a child of the 60s. That's the kind of fashion she thinks is cool. To Milla, Raz is no longer a baby in need of protection, but a confident young man who is fun to be around.

Edit: The one agent doesn't just see you as a vending machine, she sees you as a cigarette machine. some other members of the staff see Raz as a coffee machine. Because he's an Intern, you see, so they don't see a future fellow agent, they see you as someone who goes and brings them things.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-11-07 at 10:46 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #132

Zeldaaaar

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask [7] Butler Race

Video Length: 24:20

With Woodfall done and princess successfully bottled, it is time to do some of the stuff we unlock for doing that! The first, and what takes up most of this video to be frank, is the Butler Race with the Deku Butler, a rather tricky little timed obstacle course. If you remember the Dampe races in Ocarina of Time, this is on those levels... though not AS bad, since while it IS timed, you don't have a time to beat. You just need to clear it at all. Please correct me if that's wrong it has been awhile. Finishing the race gets you the Mask of Scents, a snorty little pig face that lets us find mushrooms, and also the shoe dropping of "you remind me of my son", connecting the disfigured and crying deku-like tree in the intro of the game to our mask very concretely. That's pretty sad!

At least we do save the monkey, which is nice. We did also save the swamp too. It really speaks to how much evil the Skull Kid is spreading around that our happy ending to this part of the story is "things are back to normal". Things haven't even improved, we just set things back to square one- arguably not even that since the Butler's son is still dead. It's a lot to think about, and the first real moment you should realize Majora's Mask is not the sort of game Ocarina was, where the things you do are actively improving things.

That aside, we go save Koume again, and in doing so use our newfound piggy mask to sniff up some arcane truffles. Delicious!... though not for eating. We'll get into their purpose next time. Until then, take care! Hope you all enjoyed!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2021-11-12 at 12:35 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Loop 3, Day 2: Chasing Things in Woods
    Link:.....how did you remember the promise I made from a different loop?
    Monkey:.......uuuuuuuh, lost woods magic means your also lost in time, don't think about it too hard.

and your reward for giving old man and the spirit of the mask your wearing closure is......pigface McOinkmask.

yeah well, I've watched this analysis of Majora's Mask that went into detail on this. a lot of what happens in this game is how people and societies respond to a crisis, on a personal, collective and leadership level, and much of whats presented is kind of sad when you think about it. also the whole loss and regret stuff thats more obvious.

14. - Top - End - #134

Before I dive into this, some thoughts from Saturday's Pcyhonaut's stream that I didn't get into last time for reasons
    Spoiler: This might get long
    Show
    So the interesting thing about Hollis's Hotstreak? Raz isn't fully responsible. As we've all noted, Raz was heavily peer pressured, but... Hollis herself was very irresponsible in the events leading up to this.

She refused to make sure that Raz was made aware of the lesson when he asked, then left a bunch of teenagers unsupervised in her mind while giving them blanket permission to mess around with her stray thoughts and loose ideas.

Despite this, and despite the peer pressure, without which neither of which Raz would have done this... He still doesn't try to shift the blame. Even though he's only partially responsible, he takes full responsibility.

Hollis is pissed off, rightfully so... But calms down when he does so.

On Truman: I read it as "you screwed up, but you have potential." Hollis didn't do what she did out of Malice: She got screwed over bad and tried to get a measure of justice for herself by changing the man who did it into a man who would feel remorse for it. And when she screwed up and couldn't fix it, she called in help from the only people who could.

So it's less "join my shady organization" and more "you have potential. Why don't you come with me and learn how to use your powers for good?"

This comes back to Raz: Raz doesn't get punished for this, becuase she didn't get punished for it. Instead, Hollis gives Raz the same chance she got. And judging from her behavior from this point on... I think the fact that Raz immediately took full responsibility, something that requires a level of maturity that a lot of adults don't have, is what earned Raz Hollis's respect.

Though, not completly: If we take "egg" to be standard slang for brains, then by giving him the codename Eggbeater, Hollis is saying that Raz scrambles brains.

Another thing to note: Prior to connecting "Risk" to "Money," all of the mental connections that Raz forms break apart after he drops out of them and Hollis's orignal ideas reassert themselves, but afterward all of the ideas that Raz forms stay that way until changed.

Hollis is under an unbearable amount of stress, most of it financial related. She is, in fact, probably the exact kind of person who would develop an addiction under the right circumstances. Between that and the opportunity to go to a high-roller casino where, with a little luck, she could walk away with a heavily padded budget and Raz's actions are more like tipping over a domino when hundreds of others are laid out just right.

Later on, the connection he makes align to what Hollis was like prior to him doing that. He's setting individual dominoes back up.

And without too many spoilers, I would suggest clairvoyance the interns again.

Zelda!

It's a good thing you don't have to match the tempo to get the songs to play.

"Sorry, I won't do it again"
    *Does it again.*

...So the Princess outranks the king to the point of being able to bowl him over and stomp on him? Seems legit.

Deku Butler looks like someone shaved a Chia Head.

Butler: "You remind me of my son"
    Link: *Is wearing the Butler's son's hollowed-out soul like a Halloween costume and has been on and off ever since said son was murdered* "Really? No Idea why you'd think that."

It is quite rude that the game doesn't let you commit breaking, entering, and burglary like the Zelda games do.

And Link is getting ready to go on a trip.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Forms (5)
    Show
    Majora's Mask time! Lets dive into the first dungeon!

Zodi Plays: Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask [5] Woodfall Down

Video Length: 19:31

In this episode, we start Woodfall Temple, and get our first real impression of what people mean when they call Majora's Mask an "Expert Zelda". The time limit (even if you can extend it) and collecting all the fairy pieces, plus the fact that there are optional rooms means that, at least within the scope of me playing Zelda games for the internet, these are probably going to be the most complex dungeons. Adding to that is that there will be times where the game asks us to do things that I genuinely don't know how you'd learn beyond just... experimenting and figuring it out, but once learned are now inbuilt and unforgettable. It's fascinating!

As a slight update; I'm going back to working in the office basically full time. This means my schedule will be kinda slammed. I will try to keep up the uploads, but sorry if it slips again! Hope you all enjoyed, we'll see you all next time for the rest of Woodfall Temple.

Strong start to a strong dungeon. So many enemies! You doubled your count of kills and then some with this dungeon episode...funny how that works...

EPISODE 5 KILL TALLY!

Black Boe - 21
    Beehive - 4
    Skulltula - 3
    Deku Baba - 10
    Snapper - 3
    Giant Bee - 1
    Dragon Fly - 3
    Bubble - 2
    Dinolfos - 1

Style Points - 0
    Time Reset Count - 0

Missed Rupees - 2
    Lost Rupees - 0

Majora's Mask
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 5)

Spoiler
    Show
    Bad Bat - 7
    Bee, Giant - 1
    Beehive - 4
    Boe, Black - 21
    Bubble - 2
    Deku Scrubs, Mad - 7
    Dinolfos - 1
    Eeno - 1
    Leever - 1
    Octo, Big - 1
    Snapper - 4
    Wolfos - 1

Babas
    Baba, Mini - 5
    Baba, Deku - 13

Molds
    Dragonfly - 5
    Hiploop - 2
    Skulltula, Big - 5

Slimes
    Chuchu, Red - 4
    Chuchu, Green - 2

Time Reset Count - 2

Total Things Dead - 87

1st Place - Black Boe, at 21!
    2nd Place - Deku Baba, at 13!
    3rd Place - Bad Bat and Mad Deku Scrub, tied at 7!

Total Style Points - 3

Total Missed Rupees - 38
    Total Lost Rupees - 11
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2021-11-12 at 03:56 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

16. - Top - End - #136

Time for some brain blasting!

Zodi Streams: Psychonauts 2 [2] The Gross Episode

Video Length: 4:55:00

In this episode, we get to meet Raz's family, learn a bit more about what is going on, and do the rest of the really gross minds. Hopefully it's the last ones like... this.

17. - Top - End - #137

Judging from the preview images when I highlight part of the timer bar on the youtube upload, you've done... Most of the grossness. Still some maybe icky but that's more subjective.

And, it seems that next time you'll probably be doing my favorite level in... Not only in this game but in the franchise.
    I like the Raz, and only Raz, is in the front of the jet participating in the debriefing.

The other Interns helped, of course, but... Well, as I said before, it legitimately seems like Raz's willingness to take full responsibility when he did something wrong earned him Hollis' respect. Milla and Sasha already see him as a fellow agent as demonstrated by, well, bringing him to the Rhombs of Ruin and referring to him as their "anti-kidnapping specialist" but now... He's still an intern, but... Ironically, Raz violating her mind seems to have made Hollis trust him.

You called Gisu "he" when clairvoyance her.

So a thing with Norma that the game doesn't really go into: You know how every intern has an assigned mentor? I'm not sure if you'll find this out during gameplay since I don't know when or where you learn it, but her assigned mentor is Sasha.

Sasha who is impressed with Raz's power, talent, and potential.

Sasha who took Raz under his wing and offered him special training in the first game.

Sasha who took Raz on an official psychonauts mission to rescue Truman Zonatto and already sees him as a full-fledged agent.

Sasha who looks at Raz and sees a younger version of himself.

Sasha who dressed Raz up to look like Sasha.

Norma doesn't just think that Raz is the mole becuase she's a total Heather... Though, I mean, she is.

Norma's jealous of Razputin.

All the other Interns respect Raz now, after he saved them, showed off that he was more than qualified to be there, and in general got to be an awesome Agent if only for one mission.

But not Norma.

And no: Adam doesn't see you the same way Sasha does.

He sees you the same way Ford does. A full-fledged Psychonaut ready for duty. Sasha sees a little Sasha.

Like I said last time: a lot of the staff see you as just an intern and think of interns not as "a future coworker" or "someone being taught to do the job" but as someone who does things. "Bring me tea, bring me coffee, go get me a pack of cigarettes."

Nick Johnsmith is voiced by Elijah Woods, who played Frodo Baggins in Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy.

...Something very similar to The Milkman is involved in the plot, but not... Quite the same thing.

Jung is specifically the psychologist who first popularized the idea of the collective unconscious.

He also had such ideas as "the Persona" which is a mask you put on to protect yourself from the struggles of life and the "Shadow," which is all the parts of yourself that you are not aware of or that you actively reject and that developing awareness and acceptance of your shadow is important to being a functioning, healthy adult.

If that sounds familiar, congratulations you've played Persona.

I think it's very interesting that Sasha scolds Raz for violating someone's mind... And then gives him blanket permission to use the Brain Tumbler to go back into other people's minds. So... You haven't lost his trust. He's not angry at Raz, he's just disappointed.

The "All the Items" is part of the patch from earlier this month btw. The vast majority of it is just... Quality of life stuff like that.

The gooey ones are doubts. Regrets are the ones that drop things on you.

Yeah. Loboto's perception of reality is kind of skewed.

On the topic of Oleander's false memory, I've seen some fans speculate that Oleander's "specialty" is Psychic defense. While memory vaults aren't 100% reliable, he's the only one who has a vault that contains an outright Falsehood. The battlefield in his mind is clearly a construct of his own creation... In which he's able to hide his actual memory behind a mental Cobweb, which is otherwise depicted as being something in an unused part of your mind.

And when you get the forcefield power from the resistors in Linda's mind, they tell you that i's a "shield generator" that they stole from Coachamera—IE, Raz copied the forcefield from the manifestation of Olander's influence in Linda's mind. (Note: when Fighting Coachamera, he uses melee combinations, the basic psi blast, and defensive power.) And of all three of the instructors at the camp, Oleander is the one who seems the most impressed by Raz's natural mental defenses.

In regard to aesthetics: Context clues suggest that the game takes place in the 80s or maybe early 90.

So naturally, with the Psychonauts being founded about 20 years ago, 60s/70s aesthetics would be the style with the architecture and it's when a lot of these people would have been young so it's what they would think is "cool."

So apparently there is a very, very brief moment where Hollis considers that Raz might be the mole and sees him as such out I don't know where/when it is. It might be right after the conversation where she brings up Grulovia.

Also, it should be noted that supplementary materials indicate that the Galochios, the family that cursed Raz, is noted to be powerful hydrokinetics.

Solid Snake wasn't Big Boss: Big Boss was his father, who also went by Naked Snake and Venom Snake
    Spoiler
    Show
    Though plot twist: Venom Snake was actually a body double.

It's a little weird that Raz has access to the Grand Head of the Psychonaurt's office.

That was Bob Zanatto, Truman's uncle.

Compton Boole: Who, if you remember, Lizzie said was her mentor.

That's not what I meant when I said to pay attention to the eyes, actually. Neither confirming or denying the conclusion you drew based on it though.

If you remember the recap: Raz mentions that Ford's psychic specialty is teleportation and that Ford's ability to manifest when summoned if an aspect of his teleportation power. He basically planted a small tracker in Raz's mind and when the tracker is triggered he uses it as a medium to basically portal himself to Raz's location to give the kid advice.

Also: Raz asked permission before diving into Ford's head. That's going to be a recurring theme from now on... The consent is sometimes... Dubious, but Raz doesn't invade people's minds without permission anymore, even as part of official psychonauts business. He's already taking what he learned from the Lucktopus incident to heart.

It's less that brains are the equivalent of eyes in Naruto and more that bodies are. Also, remember that the only person we see getting an eye transplant in Naruto without surgery is Madara, who had a crazy strong healing factor at the time.

For the record, there's some heavy stuff that comes with Fixing Ford's brain. I don't know if it needs a trigger warning, but... When you get to complete Ford's mind, there's some... I don't want to spoil anything but it goes to some dark place.

You know, you'd think that Psycho Mantis would be the pick for a Metal Gear reference in a mindscrewy game about psychics.

Agustus: "Did you show them? Did you show them all?"
    Raz: "...We're not mad scientists, Dad."

So props to Agustus: He realized that his internalized anti-psychic prejudice was hurting his son, so he... Let it go. His love for his son was stronger than his fear and hatred of his fellow psychics born from the death of his father and the family curse. He's even going so far as to embrace his own repressed powers in support of his son.

The problem is... Well... The rest of the family isn't so flexible. But we'll get to that in detail later.

Needlessly agro, Hollis.

On Otto: It is very interesting that a scientist and engineer is depicted here with a "don't think, feel" type approach. That kind of thing is usually applied to mystics. Honestly, I can kind of dig it. Creating is a valid way to express emotion.

I don't think Raz actually signed any NDA. Clairvoyance Otto when you get the chance.

Abbie Normal is a reference to Young Frankenstein. Int hat movie, when Frankenstein's descendant decides to recreate the experiment to create the creature, he sends his assistant to get a preserved brain in a jar only to realize too late that the brain was faulty. Turns out his assistant misread "Abnormal" as "Abbie Normal." So liting a brain named Abbie Normal as having died from a movie reference... honestly it implies that Abbie was killed jut so her brain could be used in this reference.

Of course, it's a level. You can't expect to pop a brain in Nick's head without making sure there's anything in there.

"Have fun putting Jack Black inside Elijah Woods" is one of those things that I just want people to randomly say out of context in public just to see how people react.

You can buy filters for the camera in the Ottomatic. That quality of life patch I mentioned earlier adds one, only available in the post-game, that highlights collectibles when you're using the camera to look around. Very useful for finding those last couple of figments.

The Thought Tuner reveals tray thoughts in the overworlds, creating pathways you can traverse with mental connection.

...And you figured it out.

On the jar discussion, I think we should consult an expert:
    Dr. Wheelo: This is NOT a body! It can't taste, or smell, or touch! I am a brain trapped in an EXOSKELETON!
    Piccolo: When you think about it, aren't we all jus- [Wheelo immediately slaps him unconscious in frustration]
    Dr. Wheelo: NO!
    All of the extras in this game look like they walked off the set of Sesame Street.

As an aside: In the first game it was established that Raz's backpack can't hold glass jars with all the other stuff he had on him but that brains were "compressible."

I'm pretty sure that Harold was winning.

If you tell Compton about the mole, he thinks you're talking about an actual mole and admits that he doesn't care for them.

Sam is... just like that.

Note: That is clearly a male goat.

Since Invader Zim was brought up, and in case it isn't obvious, Raz is voiced by Richard Steven Horvitz who did Zim's voice, among those of several other characters. There's a little Easter Egg later on in the game that's specifically there for Invader Zim fans.

And yes, Sam is a Boole... And apparently, people have tried to network with her for street cred? Might be part of why she's so... Not the being off, she's probably just like that, but the specific meanness of her offness.

...Burn that toilet. You know what, **** it, burn the entire flapjack shack down. Fire is the cleanser.

The first game seemed to take place on a "real" Earth. Supplementary materials made this explicit: According to his Campster Profile, Bobby Zilch is from Drywell, Missouri and he lists his favorite music as "AC/DC. Metallica. Sabbath. Dio. Y&T. Megadeath. Krokus. Judas Priest. Scorpions. Quiet Riot. KISS. Montrose. Ozzy. Van Halen. Iron Maiden. Saxxon. Motorhead!"

From Rhombus of Ruin onward, however... It seems to be more a fictionalized version of Earth: the fictional country of Grulovia, for one. Also, well... The fact that early 2000 level internet access existed when this game is implied to take place in the 80s or early 90s.

you kind of sequence broke finding Queepie like that, I think.

And uh... Raz's family. Let's start with his mother.

Donatella is... A contrast to Agustus. Note how she refers to the psychic phenomena of the inverted waterfall as "unnatural and gimmicky." That's caused by Psitanium, which is a naturally occurring substance. She refers to the trick inspired by it as the Devil's firehose, she reacts poorly to Agustus being more open about his own psionic nature and attempts to work it into the act. She clearly has her own biases against psychics and isn't having as easy a time letting them go as Agustus did.

And let's not forget that the first thing she says to Rz is "I forgive you" and some dismissive comment about runaway children instead of addressing why he ran away... You might notice that she's a bit... Passive agressive. She refers to the whole experience as a "little adventure" and... It's like he expects Raz to just... Get it out of his system and go back to being an acrobat.

Backtracking a bit, Frazie is also psychic, but unlike Raz, she's not open with it. She wants to... Ignore it. She's worried about how the family will react, and she takes her feelings out on Raz.

And I'm stopping here for the night.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Latter half of the Second Psychonauts 2 stream:
    I knew I'd get judged for liking edgy dark heroes eventually......come at me, that hammer can't scare me.

the doubts and insecurities of not measuring up to other psychonauts through iron chef the brain......definitely one of the weirder levels here.

Zodi's theories do sound plausible.

so the Boole brain was all about man judging himself probably more harshly than others judge him.

the first Ford brain was about him trying to deal with his relationship with Lucrecia ending, the second was him trying to deal with what Lucrecia had done during a war and how that had changed her as a person.

Edit: I've finally figured out why some people see Raz as a pitcher: its because they see him as a water boy. he is something that brings water to them. its just another intern-as-vending-machine thing.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-11-14 at 08:13 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139

Big Rater Post compressing to save space.
    Ah, good, more gross may in fact be coming. Not surprised.

I did not call Gisu he. She and he are words that sound very similar and my voice is very wispy and slurred a lot of the time, so it just sounded like I said he.

I kinda figured Norma was interning with Hollis because her scavenger hunt list is from Hollis, but fair point.

I mean I was familiar with Jung before I played Persona, but fair.

As I mention later in the stream, the Psychonauts feel like a super villain organization with good PR. Sasha scolding Raz for nearly causing permanent brain damage to their leader, but that being ALL he gets, is a great example of that.

Oleander being specialized in defense makes sense, yeah.

I'm really glad that Raz is learning not to immediate jump into people's brains. It is good of him.

Ford's two brains that we've been through so far is "the woman I loved became a mass murdering psychopath" and "we were a psychic research group hired by the world government to go assassinate the woman I loved, and it left all of us either dead or broken" so yeah no I'm expecting something dark, but thanks for the warning regardless.

What's really funny is that Otto has that "don't think, feel" mentality, but is also a completely amoralistic monster who is so jovial even he doesn't realize it.

It being a male goat is why my reaction was what it was. The truth being that it was a bird makes it all the more concerning! Or less! It's really unclear!

You can have a basically just the real world setting but have fake places in it for plot reasons. Raz and fam is from Grulovia because having them be from the real place Grulovia is obviously coded as would make it a little "eeeeh".

Donatella's comment is equal parts dismissive and also the exact sort of "haha see I support you but also don't do it again" thing I'd expect from a mother like her. To put it bluntly, while I don't dislike her as much as other recent video game moms, she's not high on that list.

Latter half of the Second Psychonauts 2 stream:
    I knew I'd get judged for liking edgy dark heroes eventually......come at me, that hammer can't scare me.

the doubts and insecurities of not measuring up to other psychonauts through iron chef the brain......definitely one of the weirder levels here.

Zodi's theories do sound plausible.

so the Boole brain was all about man judging himself probably more harshly than others judge him.

the first Ford brain was about him trying to deal with his relationship with Lucrecia ending, the second was him trying to deal with what Lucrecia had done during a war and how that had changed her as a person.

Edit: I've finally figured out why some people see Raz as a pitcher: its because they see him as a water boy. he is something that brings water to them. its just another intern-as-vending-machine thing.
    That WOULD make sense, though it is delivered in a very strange way.

But then, this is Psychonauts. That's sort of the MO of this game.

20. - Top - End - #140

Something I failed to note: Queepie is apparently Superhumanly strong.

Nona is a little senile. Every time you Clairviyance her she randomly sees you as one of Raz's brothers because she's starting to have trouble telling you apart. It's a little sad.

Mirtala is a little too young to fully understand the situation with Raz and the rest of the family. She just wants everyone to be happy and looks up to her big brother—she sees him as like, a Ringmaster or a Liontamer.

Back to Donatella for a moment: Despite her... Passive-aggressive behavior and dismissive attitude, she still sees Raz as her little baby. So, he's operating on ignorance, not malice... Though the "I'd rather die in water" response to "what if everyone were singing" suggestion is kind of insensitive considering that her husband, mother-in-law, and all of her children are cursed to one day do that.

And thats why the Aquato's are called that: They used to specifically be a water circus. From context, however, it seems that the Aquato's were just part of the circus, which suggests that Donatella was maybe someone else from the circus who married Agustus, and then they left together when concerns about the curse got to be too much?

I notice that Raz's family uses "Fortune Teller" almost like a slur.

Dion... Dion is complicated. Listen to what he says and it seems like he's almost jealous of Raz, kind of resents that he ran away... He's also got some really ignorant ideas about psychics and is very much biased against them.

I've seen some people theorize that Dion loves his little brother, but also hates and fears psychics the most out of the entire family and those two conflicting emotions clash with each other and manifest as anger and resentment—notice the instant regret after he says "we'll be better when you're out." He's really angry at Raz, he's confused about a complicated situation that breaks apart his worldview and doesn't know how to deal with it. He looks to be about 15, too, you know, the worst year of puberty, which would only complicate the issue.

You only get the dive if you help build the Aquatodome. I don't recall if every sidequest is like this, but they encourage you to do them with things other than just "raise your psi-intern rank." Also, note that it's explicitly Dion who taught Raz how to do this.

...Okay, how did a Psi-Challenge MAker get there? Did... Did Raz's family just have one on them that they use for decoration?

So thing I want to comment on: Raz's circus upbringing is what makes him such a good psychonaut. In addition to his acrobatics training being very useful for getting around, it's made abundantly clear that using Mental Connection to pull enemies to you, or pull yourself to stray thoughts, is not the intended use(Though Raz' version is still able to perform the intended use, albeit in a less direct manner) which he directly says is becuase he still ha sa circus mindset.

Most Psychonauts were either raised for it or came from regular civilian backgrounds, it seems. Raz is thinking outside the box and that lets him use psychic powers in novel ways that are more versatile or effective than standard.

Pm Falataways: I feel it's important to note that this area is apparently one of, if not the, largest deposits of naturally occurring Psitanium in the world. There's a reason why Ford and Otto were mining not far from here, and Psitanium makes physics go wonky—you've already seen the upsidedown waterfall and the waterwheel that spins on t's own faster than the water should make it, but the Questionable Area? is basically an eldrtich lcoation that makes Whispering Rock look normal in comparison.

(also, the large deposits of psitanium is probably why the inside of the Asylum has some wonky geometry.)

I think it's charming that Raz just genuinely enjoys a funicular ride.

"Just until eh circus makes enough dough to pay for the trip home."
    "So forever?"

...Also, if Frazie can talk to her horse does that mean she has Zoolepathy?

I love how they just set up a bunch of made-up tourist trappy crap in an area with actual supernatural phenomena in plain sight. Like, you don't have to make up stuff about sasclops when there's an actual upside-down waterfall.

Queepie wants to differentiate himself from his older brother: He wants to have his own thing that he doesn't share with his siblings(dancing to rock music) but is otherwise in the same boat as Mitala: doesn't really understand the problems that the older family members have, and he looks up to Raz.

And yes! Maligula is the psychic who cursed the Aquato family.

so in the last game, Raz claimed to clean up after the elements so he knows how o deal with **** in response to being confronted by? Oleander, and... Donatella is not a nice person.

Note: Agustus was able to astral project into Raz's mind despite Raz's impressive mental defenses apparently without the help of a Psychoportal, and Psiblast away Raz's corrupted mental image of himself, but is having trouble with Pyrokinesis.

Also note: In the first game, Raz said that people call him... Raz.

Nobody in his family calls him that. He made it up on the sport to try and make himself look cool.

Judges represented the feeling of being judged, but also the poor judgments of others. You first encounter them in the mind of someone who thinks that everyone else is judging him for his perceived shortcomings.

And his anxiety is represented by a ridiculously high-pressure cooing competition/gameshow with some weird gimmicks and where you have to cook the audience alive... And they're all creepily eager for it.

I think the bit with the audience is an abstract representation of something from one of Compton's mental vaults, but we'll see if you grabbed that one.

...A ****, I just got the pun with "Ram" it down.

The Grulovian Drowned Egg is obviously a metaphor for Compton's feelings about what happened with Maligula.

I love how Raz is clearly just Bsing and the Judges eat it up: It shows that the problem is more lack of confidence on Compton's part than anything else.

Notice how, after the cooking show starts, that the Judges are wearing chef hats and are carrying Meat Tenderizers instead of gavels... Which was commented on.

Yeah... I think the happy cheering audience literally lining up to die might be representative of the incident when Compton tried to free the lab animals.

Note that the eggs all have a feminine voice but are referred to as male. I don't know if that was an oversight or an attempt at LGBT representation.

I'm not sure what the second dish represents to be completly honest.

And youtube has decided to be a butt so I'm going to have to finish later.

edit: And the third just comes out and says what it's representative of: Compton feeling that he's shamed his old friends and, by extension the Psychonauts.

Also, completly honest a pancake stack made with honey pepper bacon, a fried egg, and watermelon jam sounds delicious. I wonder if anyone ever tried to recreate it in real life yet.

You kind of missed it, but when you drop off a pig at Pork Chopper the pig calls Pork Chopper "grandpa" and he's all like "oh god this keeps getting weirder."

Raz has comments upon returning to worlds, something to keep in mind if you plan to go reclaims stuff.

Note: The double Down is basically what Compton's done to himself: He stays alone in his isolation chamber, depending on his interns to bring him what he needs for both work and relaxation. Except now he's dreading it, because he's not looking at it the same way.

So the Lucktopus was essentially an overgrown bad idea: It was born from Raz's bad idea to make a bad connection between two idea in Holli' mind, and you fight it by using tk to throw its bomb back at it and using mental connection to get in close and lay the smackdown, the two most effective way to defeat a bad idea.

The Gluttonous Goats? Same Idea: They're Overgrown Judges, born from Compton' flawed judgments of his two friends and his current boss(while hi overall boss takes a secondary noncombatant role but till put on the pressures) who express all of the criticisms that he thinks they feel toward him and you fight them by throwing what they try to hurt you with back in their face.

(Alternatively, force-feeding them their own vomit, but all prettied up, is symbolically making them eat their words.)

Something else to note: There are no bad ideas at all in this stage. Mayhaps a hint that Compton is more capable than he believes?

I'm not sure of the significance of the three dishes in the double down, however. Especially since the ingredients you give don't seem to line up to what they ay it is.

The trash-talking for picking up the wrong ingredient even though you can't see is probably because... Well, this is all a manifestation of Compton's anxiety.

No, you didn't fix Compton. Compton seems to have an anxiety disorder and perhaps some kind of depression exasperated by the trauma of both his accidentally killing the animals and the aftermath of the Maligula incident... But you've given him the confidence to manage it, at least for now.

On Dark Thought: Dark Thoughts sometimes go to dark places.
    Spoiler
    Show
    In a level you'll get to either next week or the week after, one trail of dark thought leads to a figment... hanging at the end of a rope.

I don't know if they're all like that, but...

There' a conversation with Oleander in the bowling ally btw, I haven't seen if you noticed that.

Note that Lucy is lifting things with a hand made of water.

So, with the world ending and he nutjobs saying that it won't... I have to wonder if Ford doesn't look back on his time with Lucy and think himself foolish for thinking it would last.

Ford's tongue looks like a Crunch ice cream bar.

Note that Raz rather than going back to his body, just sort of physically manifest in the air... I have to wonder... Is Ford so powerful that his psychic powers can warp reality? Will Raz get that powerful someday, with how much progress he's made in just a few days?

This game doen't go out of it's way to hide the twist. Instead it provides details for why the twists.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-11-14 at 06:43 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #141

Insert bow and arrow pun here.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask [8] Perfect Score

Video Length: 24:32

In this episode, we continue some post Woodfall clean up- mainly helping Koume and Kotake out once more so we can gain access to her swampland archery contest, which nets us a nice and shiny empty bottle! If I recall this is basically the only thing the Mask of Scents is used for. After that, we head to the Swamp Shooting Gallery, blasting through waves of Mad Scrubs, Wolfos, and those weird bird things I forget the name of to get a piece of heart AND a quiver upgrade. After that we return to Clock Town to do THEIR local shooting gallery, getting another piece of heart and our final quiver upgrade, which is quite vital.

You see, the bow and arrow is one of the most important tools in Majora's Mask. We'll get more into it later, but the bow is used constantly throughout the game, more so than even Ocarina did. Having the maximum amount of arrows straight away will help us out immensely, not least of which because a powerful ranged weapon is just good to have on hand.

After that, we blow up more of Honey and Darling's stuff to get another fish ticket, then clean up two side quests I kinda let fall by the wayside initially; talking with the organ grinder Guru-guru to get the Bremen Mask, and using Kamoro's strange mystic dance to teach the Gormen Troupe dancers how to really work it, for another heart piece!

With that all done, I hope you enjoyed! See you all next time for... well, I'm not entirely sure. We'll see!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Loop 3, Day 2-B: Link the dancing, Animal-parading Master Archer
    I can't find any high scores for Koume's target cruise specifically, so your the highest score I've ever seen

oh no, not the cursed one again. okay cool he's gone

but for swamp shooting gallery? 2280 is just ten below the least high score of six high scores I can find for this. as in, there are six scores logged on the site I can find measuring this, so you'd be seventh- wait your doing again? ok 2400? okay better, your now beating sixth highest score on that and getting close to the fifth highest.

*hears the song of storms/windmill theme again* *goes wide eyed* get pumped every time I hear that.

if this episode has shown us anything, its that if Link ever stops being a hero, he probably has a good future as a performer. and if he never picked up the master sword he'd probably still could be a hero through william tell-ing all his enemies to death alone.

23. - Top - End - #143

Yes witch, take the magic mushroom. We need to Cook

She'll never forgive you until you reset time again.

I see you found Spongebob's house.

Zodi you fool, the fishing minigame is how you get the Even Fiercer Deity Mask.

Of course perfect's not good zodi, perfect is the enemy of good.

When there further away they look sort of purple but the ones super close look more red.

"Walk up to two dancing ladies, do a weird dance for them,"
    *S-Link 10: Dancing ladies would die for you.*

So... By using this bird mask the one guy stole from a dog in conjunction with a march played on the reality-warping mouth harp you carry, you can drastically shorten the lives of small animals. Is that what the comment about making young animal become an adult in an instant meant?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #144

Loop 3, Day 2-B: Link the dancing, Animal-parading Master Archer
    I can't find any high scores for Koume's target cruise specifically, so your the highest score I've ever seen

oh no, not the cursed one again. okay cool he's gone

but for swamp shooting gallery? 2280 is just ten below the least high score of six high scores I can find for this. as in, there are six scores logged on the site I can find measuring this, so you'd be seventh- wait your doing again? ok 2400? okay better, your now beating sixth highest score on that and getting close to the fifth highest.

*hears the song of storms/windmill theme again* *goes wide eyed* get pumped every time I hear that.

if this episode has shown us anything, its that if Link ever stops being a hero, he probably has a good future as a performer. and if he never picked up the master sword he'd probably still could be a hero through william tell-ing all his enemies to death alone.
    Woo!

Less woo. Only sixth highest... but that's without really trying, so I think that's pretty solid.

Yeah, if Link ever put up the sword and decided to retire, he'd make a good hunter and stuff.

"Walk up to two dancing ladies, do a weird dance for them,"
    *S-Link 10: Dancing ladies would die for you.*

So... By using this bird mask the one guy stole from a dog in conjunction with a march played on the reality-warping mouth harp you carry, you can drastically shorten the lives of small animals. Is that what the comment about making young animal become an adult in an instant meant?
    Dang now I kinda want a Zelda game with social links.

I like to believe it just shape changes them a little bit.

25. - Top - End - #145

Dang now I kinda want a Zelda game with social links.
    I joke, but it is kind of ridiculous and even a little creepy that you walk up to them and do a silly dance and then they start bowing and scrapping and calling you master.

I'm pretty sure it's in an "instructor" sense but...

...I'm afraid to look for Fanfiction now.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #146

This is not the greatest stream in the world- this is just a tribute.

Zodi Streams: Psychonauts 2 [3] Buried Memories

Video Length: 5:11:39

Today, we stream our way through more of Psychonauts 2! We finish finding Queepie, we have some fun with the mystery brain, fix up Ford's brain, learn a horrific secret, and then have some fun with bees. All in all, a pretty good stream. Do mind the technical difficulties, switched streaming programs.

27. - Top - End - #147

Regarding Ford's Follicles: The only "character" in there is the representation of that fragment of Ford's mind.

"Who gives a **** no one watches these anyway." Zodi, that's not true and you know it.

Well let's see: Lilly feels like she's a terrible daughter becuase she was annoyed by her father before he was kidnapped and had been badmouthing the psychonauts for years before Raz came around and reignited her passion. And then the last time you saw her, Raz accidentally implied that she was the mole.

Of course, she feels judged.

To be fair, "Dad I have a boyfriend" might not stick in her memory as well as "I don't want to be anything like you."

Huh. I thought that sidequest was a postgame thing.

An observation I keep forgetting to make: Lilly's voice sounds like she has trouble breathing through her nose. Her character design lacks nostrils. That's some good atteniton to detail.

Oh god, not that Easter Egg.

Oh god please tell me that's not actually the mushroom.

I still like that Raz genuinely enjoys the funicular. Makes sense. As a trained acrobat a fast ride probably just reminds him of work.

Okay, Lizzie doesn't realize that her mentor has up and left.

Real talk? Everyone's a mess. The measure of a human being is how you deal with your baggage.

Again: Unless you count falling into a pit, there was no fall damage in the first game. I get that in this game you can fall from much greater heights without it being a "pit" but with the fall damage on you'll take damage from falls that were nothing in the first game. It's especially weird since Agustus flat out says that all of the Auto children are trained to be able to shrug off a fall starting when they're babies.

The oarsman badge! Very important.

The most important pin in the game, of course, is the one that lets you pet the critters. Followed, of course, by the various cosmetic items. Gotta style all over their faces.

Sasclops, one-eyed big-foot.

Okay, good. Now seriously, burn that place the frick down. That's the only way to cleanse it.

I do support the idea of opening your third eye, Zodi. Then you can be the Psychonaut.

Alternatively: Badass vampire lady with an arm made of a shadowy ethereal substance.

I don't know if goat bacon would be good or not. I've never eaten goat. Eaten lamb... The ethical ramifications of that sometimes haunt me, but gyros are just too damn delicious.

Yes Donatella, your passive-aggressive snipes are very broad-minded.

Note the implication that Augustus never told Donatella that he was psychic. So, not 100% Donatella's fault but still, not exactly... Eh.

also, technically everything Raz does could be considered acrobatics practice. His background as a circus performer informs how he uses his powers and he does a lot of acrobatics just moving around. So... He's not lying.

Yeah, turns out that after spending an extended time as a brain in a jar and then suddenly having sensation again that the Ball of Light is suffering severe sensory overload and an extreme degree of synesthesia.

On consent: He did act receptive when Raz said it would help, so...

First encounter with a panic attack: When someone is actually having a panic attack. And you can't beat it yet. Wonder why?

"I've already been in here one forever. Another forever won't kill me" just kind of tears my heart out.

And welcome to the world proper: Psi-Kings Sensorium! Best world in the game.

Raz is cell-shaded to match the world's sliders... And pay close attention to his goggles.

Look how fricking pretty this world is. There's the obvious inspiration from Yellow Submarine, but there's also some Russian abstract art influence and even a touch of Loony Tunes. It all comes together quite nicely and... Eee!

Vison sounds familiar, right?

That figment was foreshadowing.
    Spoiler: Minor spoilers, If you honestly can't wait
    Show
    It was Bob Zanato standing under a wedding arch. In a room filled with a wedding cake figment, a pile of wedding presents figment, and the other members of the psychic six in formal wear as figments.

and again: This game doesn't really burry the lead when it comes to the plot twists... But it does present the twists in interesting ways. It's not who the brain is that's important so much as it's why they ended up where they ended up.

I think the posters are flammable btw.

Heck yeah, that's a lot of fire... And a reminder: In Raz's own words, he's not that good a Pyrokinesis. Makes you wonder what he'd be cable of if he cut loose with another element.

I forgot that Raz just flat-out says that Vison sounds like Ford.

Yeah, that is transparently Jack Black. They were really open with the fact that Jack Black was in the game—even had him sing in a trailer from a couple of years ago. Trivia: Jack Black is a huge fan of the first game. He actually agreed to do Brutal Legend in part to get his foot in the door because he knew that they were hoping to do a Psychonauts 2 eventually.

Yeah, this world is a hell of a trip.

And yes, this world is just... The set pieces and the colors and the music and... I can't word. I cannot put everything amazing about this level into words. If Black Velvetopia was the best world in the original, this is the best world in the sequel.

Raz can do mic checks. Almost like he's a... Roadie.

Note how the censors have color pallets altered to fit the vision shrine.

"How 'bout the power to slow a fan... from several feet away... with TIME BUBBLES! That's chronokinesis, Raz!"

Oh no, slowed perception wouldn't make sense becuase he can slow things in the real world without a person having to be in the area of effect: He's actually manipulating the fabric of space-time to generate a localized time dilation effect. And Psi-King just gave this power to a ten-year-old boy.

This is some reality-bending levels of psychic power here. Like, I mentioned how Ford seemed to warp reality a bit with his powers last time and wondered if Raz would get that strong someday, but this... He kind of already is.

Honestly the fact that Raz can do this after seeing Psi-King do it once, after learning it was posisble, gives a clear indicator of just how powerful Raz is. What is he going to be like in ten years when he's fully trained, full-grown, and has significantly more experience under his belt? I mean, Psi-King doing it in his own mind took what amounted to meditating on the nature of the perception of time as an illusion for 20 years. And Raz just fricking did it.

That's general advice for surviving a long stay in prison. Kick the ass of the biggest toughest son of a bitch there and nobody who got there before you will pick a fight with you. Not sure about the exact quote origin.

...I hate myself for not making the "all the eyes" connection until you did.

And you made the prison connection.

And you also figured out what was in the spoiler.

You gotta come back for the memory. Need the last power to get it.

Raz isn't wrong to make that claim is the messed up part. He is manipulating one of the fundamental concepts of reality. I keep saying it, but if this was X-Men Raz would totally be an Omega Level Mutant. Maybe even a Beyond Omega.
    Spoiler: Boring Explanation
    Show
    Omega Level means that you have 1 power that is without intrinsic limits—Storm, for example, has Atmokinsis, the ability to manipulate the weather, or a handful of smaller powers that add up to the same—Ice Man has Negative Thermokinsis(generate coldness), Cryokinesis(control of ice and snow), and Hydrokinesis(manipulate all forms of liquid and gaseous moisture) and while he can use them all individually to an absurd degree hes' at his strongest when he uses all of them together and the combination of them is virtually limitless. an Omega may or may not have additional supplemental powers, but they will never be as strong as their primary powers: Jean is a powerful telekinetic, but her TK will eventually plateau while her Telepathy will just keep getting stronger and/or gaining new plications.

Beyond Omega is seems to be "multiple powers at Limitless Potential or a SIngle Power that's so powerful and versatile by default that it might as well be several powers." Franklin Richards is primarily known for his ability to create reality—pocket dimensions, bubbles where the laws of physics are what he wants them to be, or even full-fledged universes—but he also has like a dozen different kinds of telepathy, completly psychokinetic control of all matter and energy on every level from cosmic to subatomic, a separate ability to manipulate quantum mechanics and, by extension, matter and energy at the quantum level, energy blasts, the ability to boost his physical attributes with cosmic power, clairvoyance, precognition, and control over Gravity, Electromagnetism, and both Strong and Weak Nuclear Force on a cosmic scale. Franklin is basically Omnipotent and he knows it. He identifies as a God and based on All-Father Thor's comments in Empyre he is right to do so.

Raz is nowhere near that strong now... But he's only been at this for like, three days.

And this time you can actually fight the panic attack by slowing it down... The same way that the most effective way to deal with a real panic attack is to force yourself to calm down and think through what' giving you that burst of anxiety.

And yes, Panic Attacks are the worst when you have other stuff to focus on that needs your attention. As someone who used to have occasional panic attacks, I can assure you: That is realistic. The metaphors in this game are on fricking point.

"You can't stop time." Yet.

Notice how the speakers go bebumpitybump in time with the background track.

...I hope your mom's okay. You always know it's bad when the first thing they say is not to worry.

...I'm sorry but I started laughing in a nervous awkward way.

Notice that the audience all looks like Nick: The Audience is a metaphor for the input of sensory information that the Psi-King is getting from Nick's body. They're not satisfied by Vision's performance because the band is, obviously, a metaphor for Psi-King's ability to process sensory information and Vision is only one sense. Psi-King can properly see again, but his other senses are still out of whack.

Knight, it's not that kind of band, but I like your style.

For the record, you were back where you started, not much to explore.

Oh, it actually explains what I thought I was so clever figuring out. And I think you were supposed to trigger that earlier. I wasn't actually aware that this was a thing that happened.

So without spoilers, you're gonna want to come back to the concession area in the post-game. I've heard interesting things, but to explain them would be to spoil.

The following is based on historical trivia, research, and anecdotes, not personal experience. Rater202 does not condone the use of illicit drugs.
    While "high" is commonly used nowadays to refer to the effects of any drug, it was originally coined for use of things like Marijuana-a lifter or LSD-a hallucinogen. Cocaine is a stimulant. Different kind of high.

In a Woodstock-inspired context like this, "high" would be referring to weed or acid. In the sixties through the eighties, cocaine was mostly used by wealthy businessmen, mainstream celebrities, and inner-city gangs. A music festival like this would mostly be hippies. Different demographic. The lines are just lines.

So I said that there might be more gross? Yeah. This is it. There's one thing after, maybe two, but this is the last major thing.

Yeah. Those are the drugs.

And note that, once again, the censors are recolored.

I'm pretty sure one of those is a bass.

Bit of trivia: If you did Dr. Touch and Audie O first, you could have had an optional conversation where Raz points out the... Unfortunate implications in Dr. Touch's name, and Dr. Touch brings up a bunch of alternate stage names he considered that are... All just so much worse. He just does not get it.

Psi-King just flat out says it and it goes right above Raz's head.

I mean, the only members of the Psychic Six left are Bob and Helmut. Audie O has to be one of them...

Note: Touch and sound are both dependent in part on pressure and vibration... And they use the two instruments that vibrate by applying pressure to them.

Audie O in particular is the drummer, and a drummer/drum section is the backbone of any good musical performance: They set the rhythm. This tells you how Psi-King sees whoever it is that Audie O is based on.

And hear... This. I love this song. Hearing Jack Black, who is clearly having a blast, sing a Psychodelic Rock-Opera style Ballad about the Transcendental Euphoria that comes from being able to properly touch, hear, state, smell, and see for the first time in forever... The freedom that comes from that, especially after being imprisoned for so long...

It's so good! There's an extended cut on the soundtrack, plays during the credits. I can listen to that and... It makes me happy. There's no other way to put it.

And of course, this is the song that they used in the trailer a few years ago. Clearly a different recording of it though. A the time, everyone who listened to it thought that "at the bottom of a lake of frozen feeling" was a metaphor for being stuck in a jar... No, he was literally frozen alive at the bottom of a lake.

Helmut tried to reach out to appeal to the bonds of friendship and the remaining humanity within Lucy... That honestly feels you the kind of person he is. This man is not a fighter. He is a performer, an artist. A sensitive soul who wears his heart on his sleeve.

Remember how he said that your perception of time mattered more than literal when you're cut off from perception? Yeah, kind of gets dark when he says he feels like he was abandoned for a thousand years.

And note how Helmut's memories rotate on a wheel... Like when you, the player, are viewing the contents of a memory vault. What we're seeing now, it's probably what Raz sees.

And this bad memory is the easiest boss in the game. She's basically an overgrown panic attack... But you've already addressed the cause of the panic, so she's effectively powerless, as represented by Helmet and his representation of the rest of the Psychic Six holding her frozen with their Time Bubbles... A power that didn't exist during the "first draft" of this fight, mind you. This is good symbolism.

I think it's funny that they somehow got a Thinkerprint of Helmut despite this building being opened after his "death" and that his credentials are still good despite being officially dead.

I don't think you can miss anything except for story-locked conversations—like, there's an optional conversation with Lilly that you can have after finding Nick's empty body but before going to the casino mission that you missed out on. (On the other hand, you've hit two conversations with her that I don't think most people have found, based on what I've seen.)

You know this by now, but all you're really doing is moving to the next Hub. You'll get access to the main hub back in the post-game, but you've got a couple more minds to go yet.

Helmut and Bob's relationship is just all kinds of cute and wholesome, but more on that later.

Oh, and before I forget: Note that Helmut's mindscape has no doubts and only a small handful of regrets. Helmut is proud and confident. He's... Honestly remarkably traumatized, all things considered, too. Most of his problems come from the sensory deprivation and the overload that comes when it ends. You fix that and then help him sort through his memories and then... That's it.

Cruller's Correspondance... Yeah, does not screw around.

Speaking of screws, it seems Ford has some loose.

Note that you don't seem to need to put the missing letters on the typewriter in the correct spaces.

So note the implication that Lucy carried herself across the ocean with her Hydrokinesis.

A letter bomb is a small explosive hidden in an envelope and sent through the mail with the intent that it goes off when the letter is opened, hopefully killing or injuring the person the letter was addressed to.

Technically, the bomb in the game is a parcel bomb, a similar but related concept.

Yeah, Gzar Theodore was kind of an ass.

...Note how the subtitles say "young" Gristol.

And this is where the really dark comes in.

Note: that's a giant comb and tones play as the teeth get caught on gravestones... the cemetery is a giant, macabre music box.

Note how Ford's fragments here are all... Self Disposing? The implication to me seems that Ford has had some... suicidal ideation relating to what it is that he did that Raz is about to see.

Yes! Raz's Eyes on the cover art being the same as the eyes "watching" Laboto from the posters—implied to be Maligula—is what I was referring to... And I honestly only noticed during your first stream.

I think that if you're trapped in a coffin and it doesn't feel crowded, or at least claustrophobic, then they didn't do it right.

Now this raises a question: On Raz's first night at the camp, Ford contacted Raz in his dreams. Did Ford, consciously or subconsciously, recognize Razputin as a relative of Lucy? Is that why he took an interest?

Incidentally, "broaden our consciousness" was a reason given by members of the counter culture to experiment with LSD and other drugs. Between that and the Psi-King mentioning how his bandmates used to love to "get high" out in the campground that... Looks a lot like the Questionable Area...

"I'm not gonna lie to you Razputin, we did a lot of LSD out here."

It's been 20 years Nona. That chewing tobacco probably isn't any good anymore. Not that it was any good in the first place.

"There's no such thing as magic, this is science," says the potential reality warper to the little boy who just learned how to alter the fabric of space-time by altering his subjective perception of time.

So this basically confirms the long-running fan-theory: The Hand of the Golochio is Raz's own psychic powers reacting to hydrophobia he developed as a reaction to his father's stories about the curse. He's such a powerful hydrokinetic that he can literally do it subconsciously

So, a bit of stuff that I don't think ever properly gets explained to you directly(there's a post-game conversation that kind of puts the pieces together but...): If you recall, back when you first went into Ford's mind and you travel across the lake, we hear a flashback of Otto convincing Ford to bring Lucretia in and mentioning that Lucretia's husband back in Grulovia had died and she wanted to get away: Mux was hr married name: Her maiden name was Golochio. As was that of her sister, Raz's actual biological grandmother.

So, Raz and probably Agustus inherited the Golochio's vast psychic powers and affinity for hydrokinesis. This would explain the comments about Raz's having trouble with Pyrokinesis and why Agustus can barely do it at all despite the feats of power he showed at the end of the first game: They're using the opposite of their specialty element.

And when you take the comments in this game—about the rivalry between psychics and fortune-tellers—and the supplemental information from the first game about the rivalry between the Golochios and the Aquatos... it adds an extra hint of tragedy to it all: Augustus is the product of old rivals burying the hatchet and he doesn't even know it. Worse, becuase of Lucretia's and his own attempt and connecting incomplete information to rationalize their fear of water, he spent his whole life hating and fearing half of his ancestors for "cursing" his family.

It's getting really hard not to explain what Maligula actually is in Lucy's mind, but I think it's still a spoiler.

So something to note: Ford keeps mentioning that he/they were all young back when this was going on... But this was explicitly 20 years ago. If we assume that "young" is "mid-20s to mid-30s" than...

Then the psychic seven are all in their 40s and 50s.

Compton basically didn't age in that time: They could have said that he was Sam and Dogen's father instead of grandfather and that would be believable. Otto has some extra wrinkles and his hair has gone grey but otherwise looks the same now as he did in his youth.

Ford and especially Lucy aged like milk. I can only assume that being that extensively reprogrammed/having your mind shattered caused an absolutely ridiculous amount of stress to explain why they look so much older than they are. My God.

Psychic vines and psychic bees, so it'll take a bit more than fire to fix that.

Cassie hasn't aged as gracefully as Otto or Compton... But she's also spent the last 20 years living as a mad forest witch and she still for the most part looks to be in good health in comparison to how Ford is well over the hill and Lucy looks to be twice her actual age while also being a third of her original height. This just sort of reinforces the idea that whatever the Astralath does when it screws with your mind to that extent causes enough stress to put you through hell.

So does Raz just have a copy of Mindswarm on his person at all times? Becuase I don't recall him getting a copy on screen.

I like that Cassie is actually enthusiastic about someone giving her a psychic checkup. Everyone else the consent is more implied or else they don't seem to understand what's going on but Cassie knows what you're talking about and gives a clear "yes."

And thus, why Paper Imp Zodi is an appropriate avatar for this game as I mentioned previously.

So if you recall, Mindswarm was mentioned to be about multitasking, compartmentalizing, and efficient use of your brain's processing power. Cassie overdid it. She doesn't quite have DiD, but the various "personas" she's taken over the years are at war within her mindscape.

Hmmm, you encounter enablers shortly after a long conversation with someone who gave weak justifications for toxic behaviors...

So this entire section is very Jungian... And the last power Raz gets in the game, is... Essentially, a Persona.

His Persona is literally GIR.

"I am thou and tho art I and I sawed a squirrel."

Like, seriously, people make the expected JoJokes about Raz getting time-stop powers and a projected avatar in this game, but the Archetype isn't a Stand, it's a Persona. I mean, I know that Personas were inspired in part by Stands particularly the tarot motif, but in practice, they're rather distinct. Little Paper GIR doesn't fight on Raz's behalf or bestow upon him special powers, it uses its own abilities to support him when he needs support.

So I feel vaguely called out by Muscle Man's comments about being free of pain by being free of flesh.

Raz seems to be decently good at geometry. He recognizes a formula... Though other things seem beyond him.

The archetype is more useful if you upgrade it. There's also a pin that make it do aoe damage on destruction

I have conflicting feelings about the dragon. On the one hand, dragon. On the other? Seriously? Pineapple?

You'll note that Cassie is pretty clearly Asian coded but has a western name derived from Greek Mythology. and what we see of her backstory support the idea that she was forced to work in an eastern or eastern analog country's criminal underbelly until she wrote her book and used the profits to escape. Some fans have speculated that Cassie O'Pia is a nome de plume that she wrote the book under but then later adopted as her "real name" as an extension of the "Jungian Archetypes and adopted Personas" thing she has going on.

Not sure how I feel about that theory, personally.

Obviously what happened is that Lance kidnapped a baby bt the baby was like a born psychopath or something, so he sold her to the pretzelmeister who raised her as his own until she murdered him under the justification that he secretly wanted to be a pretzel.

Not sure how you get three volumes out of that, though.

Raz gonna get spam mail in his brain.

And Cassie got screwed over by crooked cops.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #148

Psychonauts Stream reactions.
    Fair fair, I was just in a weirdly off mood at the start, due to the technical difficulties.

Well keep in mind also, Lilly currently has a cold! This game takes place (now that some time has passed) like a day after Rhombus of Ruin... which took place about five seconds after Psychonauts 1, where one of the plot points was "she's too stuffed up to get her brain out with the sneezing powder". Lilly's legitimately just under the weather.

"Oh god that Easter Egg" is never a good sign, even if I was unable to get it working...

Yeah, I think that's kind of a running theme of the game. Everyone's kind of a mess, but also that that's completely okay.

Not only is it weird given that comment our Dad says, I'm also PRETTY sure you do take fall damage if you fall from a high enough height in the first game, not just from pits!

You know now that you bring it up I wouldn't mind having Seras's figure... or her cannon. Bitches love cannons and that's me, I'm bitches!

Goat's are fairly tough creatures by nature so I don't know if their meat would be all that tender. Bacon is made from strips of the back-fat if I recall and goat's got them real worked, strong legs.

Jack Black has such a good energy to him that he always brings to a production and this game is no different. I'm glad he got to be here even if the way he did it (Brutal Legend) is genuinely quite terrible.

RE my mother; my mom is the sort of person to say "don't worry" because she still thinks I expect her to make the food she said she's make for me a year ago. That's why I didn't immediately mute the mic and let it go for a bit, and why I also started laughing nervously. I sorta just expected it to be something stupid like usual when she phones me.

Oh, what's this? Dr Touch is known for being a little handsy, and his name is obviously pretty suspect already, and he keeps on coming up with worse names, and he's clearly based on Otto? Gee I wonder why I think he's evil .

Yeah the subtitles saying "Young" Gristol makes it very clear that he's gonna show up at some point and I'm not too enthused about that. It's really unfortunate when subtitles accidentally spoil things!

Speaking from experience; sound mind, sound body, sound soul. The mental damage the astrolathe did to Ford and Lucy means that they were just incapable of taking care of themselves- and both of them had severe damage to their souls even before that. You don't drown an entire country and escape unscathed. Also it is still spoilers "what is Maligula" to the point that "what is Maligula?" is itself a spoiler because it's pretty unambigious what she is currently; Lucy cracked because of the killing and made this side of her to cope. Or worse, this has always been her and Lucy was the mask. The implication that Maligula "is something" is itself a spoiler, though it's got me thinking something fierce now that I know it is a possibility...

29. - Top - End - #149

Lilly comments that her cold was clearing up around the time you finally get to her in person... Or is it when you, Sasha, and Milla break her restraints? Regardless, she explicitly says that she's starting to feel less phlegmy.

Some observations of the Die-Brarian: She claims to be the real Cassie OPiea, but her attempts to become three-dimensional fall-flat: She's still transparently made of paper, she's just expanded and folded... She's trying and failing to become three-dimensional.

You might have noticed, also, that the Lucktopus and the Gluttonous Goats, the other two "main bosses" in the game gave you what you needed to defeat them but the Die-Brarian does not. that's becuase as the embodiments of respectively a gambling addiction and persecution complex, they are self-destructive thoughts.

Librarian Cassie isn't inherently self-destructive, she's a good impulse going much too far... And being enabled to do so by circumstances. Literally one of the first things that happens when you fight her is she asks an Enabler—who are introduced as supporting negative ideas—for honest feedback, which is horribly misguided at best. She literally calls it an impartial critic when... No, it's not. Objectively. She means well but is misguided and is getting bad feedback.

You've got three more minds and then the final boss for storyline stuff so you'll probably complete the main story next time. There are some post-game sidequests, but...

Speaking of next time: The game is pretty linear from here: The storyline of the next mind is likewise rather linear, but the "main hub" of the mental world is pretty open and if you don't explore it you'll miss some interesting things that provide context to the character's story. Nothing Mandatory, but...

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Psychonauts 2 stream 3:
    If I, the real Raz was controlling this, I'd tell her the truth that he is just pretending, but I get joy out of attempting to make such chaos happen.

personally, I'd go with "I say that to my dad every day" because thats what I'd say just for the dark comedy of it. this game is all about that sort of thing, I would just embrace it.

"I need to bring an animal to my mentor" in fairness, sounds a little creepy. because animal sounds a little clinical and it lacks the warm connotations of "pet", implying that its not for anything heartfelt.

"oh please I'm only one she doesn't need to worry about"- between like three kids, two of them teens with issues and one of them a ten year old in the business of a psychic secret agent, this kid ain't wrong.

Beaver. Bevver. Baffer. Baefah. Beaphur. Bavva. Beevaur. Boivair. Buffer. Before.

Honestly we're probably doing that child a favor. listening to only one pirate song on a radio forever is probably cursed in this world or something, and there is a lot better music out there.

Donatella In a Nutshell: I love you Razputin, you traitorous psychic child who is a disgrace to the family and all that we do. I'm here to support your vile witchcraft. Just remember that if you feel its too hard, its okay to give up!

welcome to drug trip: the mind.

no Raz your being too humble, your clearly the god of all time and space and all should bow before you.

yeah, if a deceased brain can get in, then Lucy probably could to, or some other "dead" person.

"Anti-war protest threaten peace"- a more ironic or oxymoronic sentiment has never been spoken.

Eh, that bee is not as cute as Vi.

but yeah these were some fun minds. I feel like I have nothing to say even though I'm interested, because Rater and Zodi cover it all, and I dare not speculate as the last time I did that I was incredibly accurate about solving things and might spoil by guessing it.