New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Oh what the hell kind of dystopia is this where you need to pay a bill to maintain the power supply to your alien blocking force-field and they literally cut you off right in the middle of an invasion?

That's worse than that town that charged the other town a bill to use the only Fire Department in the county nd then when there was a fire the firemen went there and watched a house burn down becuase they didn't pay their bill and then when one kid attacked the firemen for literally standing there and doing nothing the kid went to jail.

Looking it up, the game received a download-only HD remake exclusive for the PS3.
    So the Alpha Section are bad guys right? They look evil and they conveniently arrive after you've fought off the DomZ so... Either they're in league with the DomZ or they're horribly corrupt and/or ineffectual and will start antagonizing you later when it turns out you're exposing their corruption and ineffectualness.
    An alien pig man saying "sweet Jesus" is weird.

...So... The Orpahange taking in the children left without parents after alien attacks is financially self supported and is completly on its own if it gets attacked by aliens?

God damn. You'd think they'd at least be getting donations.

...Ten years from now, all of these kids are gonna be frickin' pirates and nobody is gonna understand why they would turn to crime to support themselves or why they're so heavily opposed to the Hillyian government.

If a starkos is entirely synthetic then we really can't say that it will closely resemble anything we know of.

If it's a synthetic food meant to feed the lower class... It's probably made of processed grain and legumes. Beans and cereal grains that have been ground down, chemically altered, reconstituted, and baked into something edible. High in complex carbs and essential proteins, maybe vitamin-enriched, you could theoretically live off of it alone, but it's probably not exactly good-tasting and probably full of hidden sugars, excess salt, preservatives, and ingredients that are bad for you in high amounts.

I'm imagining a flavor profile similar to Ezekiel bread mixed vegemite and a texture akin to rice cakes.

You can live off it... If you call that living.

And that one was in the stove because it's dry and energy-dense enough that it burns good and takes a bit to consume.

Edit: looked it up, apparently, Starkos are some kind of artificial bread substitute.

Apparently, they're not bad with guacamole.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-02-14 at 06:26 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #242

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Sorry for the late VOD. Was busy with stuff. Also, internet cut out during stream so it's in two parts! Oops!

Zodi Plays: Beyond Good and Evil [2.1] Bad...

Zodi Plays: Beyond Good and Evil [2.2] ...and worse

Yeah no to put it lightly, I can see why this is only a cult classic. I did... not have a good time of it, though I still think the stream was fun! Hope you all enjoy.

I think this week I'll be able to get Majora's Mask going again. No promises, just saying I'm gonna try.

3. - Top - End - #243

So I'm not gonna lie, I was strongly considering a DomZ/SubZ joke last week but thought better of it... But since someone else made it.

Also, something I forgot to note last week: You seem to be making more money from photographs than you are from jobs, random drops, and... pretty much everything but the races is less lucrative than snapping photos for NatGeo.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Beyond GaE 2: Raziere Doesn't Pay Attention Edition
    So like the race announcer was like, obnoxious and dumb.

But the rest of it, I'm like not sure what is even happening, because I keep not paying attention since every time I look back at it, you just seem to be doing another laser obstacle course and evading the same kind of guards over and over again. I don't I've noticed a single notable change in environment or know what the current objective even is. this games seems very samey so far.

the laser traps and dodge-rolling through them do however make me thankful there is no such lasers in soulslikes that I know of, or you'd just know that such things would kill you or hurt you alot if you didn't time your roll right, because I've been training in DS3 for Elden Ring

okay we're finally outside from all those pipes and cramped corridors, thats different. though the boss looks just as serpentine as the first one I think.....

.....there is no leaving Zodi. you must do the stealth section or be stuck there FOREVEEEEEERRRRR......

oh hey, they took the orphans, cool personal stakes. too bad the game is so uninteresting and samey.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #245

The good news is that once I'm done Beyond Good and Evil, which will be next Saturday without a doubt, we'll be moving onto something lighter, fluffier, and a lot more fun: Rose of Winter.

Because after dealing with this archaic ****, I wanna revel in some good romance fantasy.

6. - Top - End - #246

So if I were to be in charge of rmaking this game... I'd make it so that the Alpha Sections weren't immune to their own stuff.

Tricking one you've incapacitated into wandering into an explosive that another has thrown or just in general them being damageable by their own weapons in the case of friendly fire incidents would be... Valid ways of clearing a room.

I've aso noticed them walking through laser barriers a couple times. None of that. Any time they walked through a barrier it would instead turn off... Unless they were in fight mode or wandering aimlessly after you tampered with their air tank.

If they wander into it by accident, they take damage.

I figure those two changes would make the stealth sections much more tolerable.

Edit: Isn't the force field meant to prevent exactly this from happening? The Alpha Sections clearly came in by blowing the top off the lighthouse and you left the Force Field on.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-02-23 at 02:15 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #247

Sometimes you just want to shoot a person
    ~Zodi, 2022.

That's a small ass moon. you could probably walk its circumference in a day if you're in good shape, especially since realistically its gravity is gonna be almost nothing.

Domz aesthetic is good. Personally not my preferred take on "eldritch abomination" but it's a good aesthetic.

...So 1: Prodigious isn't the word I'd have used with that accent and 2: This could have been foreshadowed at any point in the game before now.

Also, didn't they take his clothes? I distinctly recall an Alpha Sections guard saying that the prisoners were undressed before being shipped to the slaughterhouse. That was why you were able to find his shoes. So Pey'j should e like, in his boxer shorts or in a prison jumpsuit or something, not the outfit he was in to begin with.

The "green is not a creative color" bit is a reference to Don't Hug Me I'm Scared. A very interesting but very creepy puppet show on Youtube.

Okay, yeah, that bit with the door was bad. Maybe in better lighting but no, not with those colors in this light.

Interesting how the DomZ wnt a girl named Shauni and Jade's been using that as an alias ever since she heard a DomZ say it.

What's stopping you from just stealing that heart container? I mean, it's in the base of the bad guys, I don't think anyone cares about their property rights.

Amazing how the Hillyian word made fake news and dismissed literally every other piece of evidence in favor of kissing the AS's ass until just now when, really, this evidence is no more damning than anything else you've gotten.

So is the general implying that he' a Dom when the last scene implied that he was just a quisling? This game is confusing.

"No, Jade. You are the aliens" And then Jade was a DomZbie.

Now, Jade as some kind of alien power source in human form? That's my jam when it comes to eldritch aesthetic.

Jade: If all my deeds are by your will than you must be a glutton for punishment.

...So under your Pearl theory, you've been giving people to the Mamagos to pay for stuff?

They are working on a Beyond Good and Evil 2... But the original sequel they were working on after this game was scrapped in favor of a prequel and it's been a few years since anyone heard anything of it so... I'm not saying it's impossible but not every cult classic game is Psychonauts, getting a sequel over a decade later.

Kind of wish the orphans were more plot-relevant. Especially Yao, the 'human' who is otherworldly and blue. A better game would have used her as a false lead to disguise the... "twist" that Jade is a DomZ power source thingy.

Instead, they're just kind of there until they get kidnapped. And you apprently just leave them to fend for themselves for weeks at a time.

Oh noes, the piggy got fist-hugged. Now he's gotta hand burster ripping out of him.

Oh... When you were taking a picture of the manta and accidentally called it a praying mantis it reminded me of something but then I had to get up: When I was watching Code Lyoko as a kid, with the one enemy type the Flying Manta... I consistently misheard it as "mantis" and was confused as hell becuase t didn't look anything like a mantis.

God, I felt stupid when I figured it out.

Rose of Winter... That's by the guys who did We Know The Devil, right?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #248

Was making bread with the lovely and beautiful Qwertystop, so delayed in posting the VOD.

Zodi Streams: Beyond Good and Evil [3] Good and Evil

Video Length: 1:38:07

We did it! We beat the game, with a relative lack of difficulty... though damn if the final boss just reversing your controls like that is brutal. All in all, a decent game that I can see why people fell completely, madly in love with... but also did not age well in the slightest.

======

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    ...So 1: Prodigious isn't the word I'd have used with that accent and 2: This could have been foreshadowed at any point in the game before now.

Also, didn't they take his clothes? I distinctly recall an Alpha Sections guard saying that the prisoners were undressed before being shipped to the slaughterhouse. That was why you were able to find his shoes. So Pey'j should e like, in his boxer shorts or in a prison jumpsuit or something, not the outfit he was in to begin with.

The "green is not a creative color" bit is a reference to Don't Hug Me I'm Scared. A very interesting but very creepy puppet show on Youtube.

Amazing how the Hillyian word made fake news and dismissed literally every other piece of evidence in favor of kissing the AS's ass until just now when, really, this evidence is no more damning than anything else you've gotten.

So is the general implying that he' a Dom when the last scene implied that he was just a quisling? This game is confusing.

"No, Jade. You are the aliens" And then Jade was a DomZbie.

Now, Jade as some kind of alien power source in human form? That's my jam when it comes to eldritch aesthetic.

Jade: If all my deeds are by your will than you must be a glutton for punishment.

...So under your Pearl theory, you've been giving people to the Mamagos to pay for stuff?

They are working on a Beyond Good and Evil 2... But the original sequel they were working on after this game was scrapped in favor of a prequel and it's been a few years since anyone heard anything of it so... I'm not saying it's impossible but not every cult classic game is Psychonauts, getting a sequel over a decade later.

Kind of wish the orphans were more plot-relevant. Especially Yao, the 'human' who is otherworldly and blue. A better game would have used her as a false lead to disguise the... "twist" that Jade is a DomZ power source thingy.

Instead, they're just kind of there until they get kidnapped. And you apprently just leave them to fend for themselves for weeks at a time.

Oh noes, the piggy got fist-hugged. Now he's gotta hand burster ripping out of him.

Oh... When you were taking a picture of the manta and accidentally called it a praying mantis it reminded me of something but then I had to get up: When I was watching Code Lyoko as a kid, with the one enemy type the Flying Manta... I consistently misheard it as "mantis" and was confused as hell becuase t didn't look anything like a mantis.

God, I felt stupid when I figured it out.

Rose of Winter... That's by the guys who did We Know The Devil, right?
    They... do, kinda foreshadow it, in so far as "hm the DomZ call her Shauni that's Weird" and that's about it.

They immediately realized that nearly naked pig uncle was probably not something anyone wanted to see.

Aah, I didn't ever watch that.

*Newspaper man looks outside to see the rioters successfully overthrowing the evil alien police* "Well time to flip sides".

The read I took from it is that all of the Alpha Sections are fueled by DomZ stuff, but are not DomZ themselves. Mutated by them. The Black Angel of Death or whatever is a Lore Thing, presumably.

Yup! All the pearl's have been shown to be power sources for the DomZ, and if Jade was one it stands to reason all the others were former people ground up by space magic into space orbs.

I don't know if they did We Know The Devl. They may have? The only creator I know for Rose of Winter is Magnolia, who did the webcomic Monster Pulse.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2022-02-27 at 09:03 AM.

9. - Top - End - #249

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yup! All the pearl's have been shown to be power sources for the DomZ, and if Jade was one it stands to reason all the others were former people ground up by space magic into space orbs.

I don't know if they did We Know The Devl. They may have? The only creator I know for Rose of Winter is Magnolia, who did the webcomic Monster Pulse.
    Huh. Managers as secret villains collecting impearled humans for nefarious purposes would have been a good plot twist in the sequel that's never getting made.

Looking it up, Rose of Winter is published by Pillow Fight, which was founded by the people who did We Know the Devil, but whether any of them worked on it isn't something I can find.

...Apprently Toby Fox did the music though, so.... So Megalovania is probably hidden somewhere in the soundtrack. Dude uses that song in everything he works on.

Have you played We Know the Devil? Or even heard of it before I mentioned it? Its subject matter is a bit awkward to discuss* on this forum and most of the endings are... Not happy. But the True ending is, if only for the protagonists, if you put in the effort to get it. Not a very long game though.

*Queer teenagers at a religious camp for rejected magical girls forced into an unfair situation that will see one of them being hurt.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Have you played We Know the Devil? Or even heard of it before I mentioned it? Its subject matter is a bit awkward to discuss* on this forum and most of the endings are... Not happy. But the True ending is, if only for the protagonists, if you put in the effort to get it. Not a very long game though.

*Queer teenagers at a religious camp for rejected magical girls forced into an unfair situation that will see one of them being hurt.
    Ah, so what your saying is, I'll probably have to pull out the bathos humor for Rose of Winter then?

11. - Top - End - #251

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Ah, so what your saying is, I'll probably have to pull out the bathos humor for Rose of Winter then?
    No. While We Know The Devil is... Yeah, from what I can tell Rose of Winter is a straight Romance.

It should be fine.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #252

Huh. Managers as secret villains collecting impearled humans for nefarious purposes would have been a good plot twist in the sequel that's never getting made.

Looking it up, Rose of Winter is published by Pillow Fight, which was founded by the people who did We Know the Devil, but whether any of them worked on it isn't something I can find.

...Apprently Toby Fox did the music though, so.... So Megalovania is probably hidden somewhere in the soundtrack. Dude uses that song in everything he works on.

I've never heard of it until you just mentioned it. Also I'm blind on Rose of Winter so don't say anything spoilery about it.

Sounds fascinating though.

What?

No. While We Know The Devil is... Yeah, from what I can tell Rose of Winter is a straight Romance.

It should be fine.
    What does this mean???
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2022-02-28 at 10:17 AM.

13. - Top - End - #253

What does this mean???
    It means that as far as I know the Rose of Winter is exactly what you think it is.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

What?
    I was just referring to a style of humor where you make jokes after making everything dark and serious, don't worry about it. if they're not similar then there is nothing to worry about.

15. - Top - End - #255

Whassa... what's this? It says... Zel...dor?

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask [9] Silent Running

Video Length: 36:37

We return to the Zelda! I accidentally borked the audio for the game so I had to make do with some beautiful remixes from the Zelda Reorchestrated project, which you can find a link to in the video description. Support'em!

In this episode, we get back into the swing of things, I show off a few money making schemes, get bullied by minigames, and see the price of failure. Mysteries abound in Termina, and we're gonna do our best to solve them. Dododododo do do dododo!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Whoopsies, looks like the beginning episode curse of Technical Difficulties also strikes after hiatuses.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Majora's Mask 9: Loop 3, Day 3
    Ah Takkuri, I remember when my brother killed this thing and got a big orange rupee out of it....wait its gold in this?......huh. weird.

oh no, those dogs probably use the same AI as the one in Clock Town and thus all of them probably attack Link if he's a Deku....

the Romani ranch being like this is.....unsettling. something clearly happened but the fact that your given so little details about the incident just makes worse.

yeah, Bunny Hood's pretty much one of the best masks in the game.

you already knew the number, wah-wah, wawawawawawawawa.....

and yeah its pretty sad for the mailman, so devoted to his job and schedule he can't make himself leave even as he realizes that he is gonna die because the moon is falling.

18. - Top - End - #258

It's still so weird that a random kid that's like, ten at the oldest is treated as an adult because he had a sword...

...Link was still mentally a child in OoT, right? He was basically asleep for seven years, so even if he had the physical cognitive development he wouldn't have the experience and...

These games are creepy in more ways than are immediately obvious.

Ten-year-old hero of time getting his ass kicked by a thief-bird with help from its minions the bat and the ghost skull thingy.

"You can't draw your sword" is a weird curse.

Is Tingle really that awful? Yeah he looks funny and is a bit weird but he's not hurting anybody and he's living his best life.

You know, looking at the size of the moon compared to how close it is I don't think it would do that much damage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Especially in light of it being hollow, the clock tower in town can probably support the Moon's weight, this whole thing is weird.

Oh noes, something traumatic happened to Little Milk Girl. What possibly could have happened? Why didn't you listen to her, Big Milk Girl? And why are the cows gone?

Zodi, no, don't mess with the chickens. You should know better than that.

Yeah, you drastically shortened the life of the chickens in order to cheer up one random guy.

...Did you know that the earliest Goofus and Gallant strips depicted them as elves?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Oh hey, a Majora's Mask episode! I actually have something to talk about now!

There is in fact a minigame with the Gormon Brothers, however you need Epona to be able to activate it. In fact, you need to be currently mounted on Epona in order to get the dialogue to activate the quest!

And yes, bunny hat is love, bunny hat is life.

I believe if you score a perfect on each of the three days, you get a quarter heart as a bonus.

There's a few of silver rupees available every day. The bunny hat one you just got, the one behind the Skultulka in the Bomber Gang Hideout, and there's a third in the tavern on the final day (or sooner if you complete a quest). You can turn the rupees in to the bank guy so you don't have overflow problems. Plus saving up enough rupees is a generally good idea. For reasons. And stuff.

There are reasons why some of the masks are prohibited in the sword training. The bunny mask helps you get into position faster, and is thus considered an unfair advantage. Other masks replace the functionality of the button needed to perform a jump slash, and so are not permitted so you don't fail because your mask was preventing you from doing it.

I suspect some of the minigame prizes have been replaced with fishing hole tickets, as the fishing hole did not exist in the original that I played.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Actually Rater there is evidence to indicate that Link is older in Majora's Mask than he is OOT.

in OOT, he can only wield the Kokiri shield normally as a kid, and needs to be an adult to the wield hylian shield on his arm rather than his back.

in Majora's Mask however, he wields a hylian shield no problem.

furthermore, Link only uses a bow in Majora's Mask when he starts ranged combat with a sling in OOT, suggesting he past using a childish toy over an actual weapon.

its very possible that he has wandering for years outside of Hyrule by the time Majora's Mask takes place. this makes sense as Navi represents Link's lost child innocence and OOT was all about Link coming of age.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-03-04 at 10:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261

Actually Rater there is evidence to indicate that Link is older in Majora's Mask than he is OOT.

in OOT, he can only wield the Kokiri shield normally as a kid, and needs to be an adult to the wield hylian shield on his arm rather than his back.

in Majora's Mask however, he wields a hylian shield no problem.

furthermore, Link only uses a bow in Majora's Mask when he starts ranged combat with a sling in OOT, suggesting he past using a childish toy over an actual weapon.

its very possible that he has wandering for years outside of Hyrule by the time Majora's Mask takes place. this makes sense as Navi represents Link's lost child innocence and OOT was all about Link coming of age.
    1: He's the same size.

2: A sling isn't a childish weapon. A sling is basically a gun in terms of deadliness if you know what you're doing, the bow is, if anything, a safer and less violent lesson.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

1: He's the same size.

2: A sling isn't a childish weapon. A sling is basically a gun in terms of deadliness if you know what you're doing, the bow is, if anything, a safer and less violent lesson.
    1: could be game model limitations. he still wields the hylian shield normally when it previously only fit on his back and was bigger, so relative size wise, either the hylian shield somehow shrunk or he got bigger.

23. - Top - End - #263

It's still so weird that a random kid that's like, ten at the oldest is treated as an adult because he had a sword...

...Link was still mentally a child in OoT, right? He was basically asleep for seven years, so even if he had the physical cognitive development he wouldn't have the experience and...

These games are creepy in more ways than are immediately obvious.

Ten-year-old hero of time getting his ass kicked by a thief-bird with help from its minions the bat and the ghost skull thingy.

"You can't draw your sword" is a weird curse.

Is Tingle really that awful? Yeah he looks funny and is a bit weird but he's not hurting anybody and he's living his best life.

Oh noes, something traumatic happened to Little Milk Girl. What possibly could have happened? Why didn't you listen to her, Big Milk Girl? And why are the cows gone?

Zodi, no, don't mess with the chickens. You should know better than that.

Yeah, you drastically shortened the life of the chickens in order to cheer up one random guy.

...Did you know that the earliest Goofus and Gallant strips depicted them as elves?
    Link's having a normal one, yeah.

Tingle is a source of genuine frustration due to his role in Wind Waker. And, bluntly, as a child the photorealistic older man face did make me uncomfortable.

Ah, yes, the fabled Fophren and Finya! I see!
    (jokes aside that's actually quite fascinating)

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Oh hey, a Majora's Mask episode! I actually have something to talk about now!

There is in fact a minigame with the Gormon Brothers, however you need Epona to be able to activate it. In fact, you need to be currently mounted on Epona in order to get the dialogue to activate the quest!

And yes, bunny hat is love, bunny hat is life.

I believe if you score a perfect on each of the three days, you get a quarter heart as a bonus.

There's a few of silver rupees available every day. The bunny hat one you just got, the one behind the Skultulka in the Bomber Gang Hideout, and there's a third in the tavern on the final day (or sooner if you complete a quest). You can turn the rupees in to the bank guy so you don't have overflow problems. Plus saving up enough rupees is a generally good idea. For reasons. And stuff.

There are reasons why some of the masks are prohibited in the sword training. The bunny mask helps you get into position faster, and is thus considered an unfair advantage. Other masks replace the functionality of the button needed to perform a jump slash, and so are not permitted so you don't fail because your mask was preventing you from doing it.

I suspect some of the minigame prizes have been replaced with fishing hole tickets, as the fishing hole did not exist in the original that I played.
    Yeah! Sorry it took so long, hope you enjoy!

Noted, RE heart pieces and minigames. grumblegrumble. Although they may have been replaced because as you say, fishing.

I'm gonna try every mask to see what the swordmaster has to say.

1: could be game model limitations. he still wields the hylian shield normally when it previously only fit on his back and was bigger, so relative size wise, either the hylian shield somehow shrunk or he got bigger.
    Yeah I'm going to say regarding this; Link has all the experiences from Ocarina of Time, so he's just better at using things like a bow and a shield. The shield being a more reasonable size here is because he got one made in his size, as opposed to the adult shield he wore on his back in OOT.

24. - Top - End - #264

And here's today's stream VOD~

Zodi Streams: Rose of Winter [1] Beasts, Dragons

Video Length: 3:29:02

We begin our exploration of the wonderful Rose of Winter, a delightful romantic visual novel made by the creator of Monster Pulse, Magnolia Porter. She is an excellent writer, and a pretty cool lady, so check out her stuff. If you like the taste of what you're getting here, definitely look forward to next week, when her next webcomic, The Golden Boar, based in this universe, comes out!

In today's stream, we go through two of the four available hunky boys to date; the strong and willful Kuya, the beast prince, and the alluring and quiet Tirune, the dragon prince. Two pretty excellent stories, though I'd say Kuya's romance was stronger overall in both pacing and so on.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

On Rose Of Winter:
    So I woke up late, and was busy playing Elden Ring so....darn it. Wish I'd remembered, anyways, I'll comment after the fact anyways.

technically she'd be a Knightess but I think everyone just uses Knight gender neutrally now.

"so far I've just been doing odd jobs for gold" like a true adventurer.

she has a guts blade/buster sword. I dunno how strong she is IRL, but if she was in dark souls she'd have like at least 28 strength for something like that which is pretty strong.

first guy is an uncle, pass you can do better Rosemary.

second guy has his younger brother around ugh, pass you don't want to play at being a mother yet.

third guy is weak, pass, you'd have to do everything.

fourth guy......I dunno he's got Ganondorf vibes. that might work ala Tales of Two Rulers, but it could also go real poorly.

....being honest about the reason the jobs your taking. I like it. you have your priorities straight, Rosemary.

....those duds are things Kuya picked because they looked cool and he's young isn't he? he wanted to look cool and I didn't think about the practicalities.

yeah this is real young ganondorf vibes. but vegeta also works.

"destroyed an entire forest"......sure mate. and I'm princess of the kingdom of diamonds and icecream.

this guy is telling tales taller than the mountain they're walking on.

Kuya....Kuya.....Kuya...your camping, there are no baths out here. you brought this on yourself.

Kuya is egotistical and playacting at being what he wants to be.

okay Kuya, put your money where you mouth is, giant boar slay it, you've done this before right? right? do it. come lets see you kill with one claw, I'll be here watching to seeing your greatness.

hide like steel, tusks kill you in a second? wild animal? sounds like an elden ring boss to kill with me flail. its in the open so I just got to get on horseback and charge around to hit from behind, do this a few times and its dead. honestly any blunt weapon would do.

my god she is dark souls rolling in both armor and carrying another person while reading its attacks, she is Endurance and Strength 40 or more at least. Rosemary would be great at playing dark souls, thats strong in my book.

well, it has be a bit beautiful with the night sky right? you can see the stars after all.

"WE ARE SLEEPING NOW! ZZZZ! Saying Z repeatedly is how people sleep right!?"-Kuya probably.

Kuyamom? Kuyasis? hm.

yup, thats what I figured. also Rosemary likes him bound up. he is perfect to her, tied up in a submissive position.

Kuya likes himself bound, Rosemary is perfect to him, standing over him in a dominant position.

yes, the special thanks did say every flavor of La Croix.....all zero of them!

it also thanked Ganondorf, we all knew it.

and Tirune immediately throws us into the exact opposite end of the pool. I feel like I'm looking at my own personality here, because I'm this quiet and cold to others when I'm in person as well, at least around people I don't know. and he goes on and on about poetic mystical nonsense and looking at the cosmic mythical scale of things, the similarities to me only deepen. aaaaaaagh. Tirune is one of those nerds who when asked a questions answers with things like "well astronomically speaking the sun and planets are billions or millions of years old so we're all mayflies compared to that!"

wow, the social riposte and strikeback on that sweet line.....the dragons smooth. whats the problem here though? Kuya turned out to be a little princeling that needs protecting, what about Tirune? whats his problem? maybe his problem is that he overthinks everything, because that is a problem I have and he is very much like me, like he is a galaxy brain person like me and sometimes you only need a pebble brain to solve something.

I mean he is a dragon, I'd be surprised if he does get it, but at the same time....hm.....I'm still waiting for the problem to come in, this is going too well.

aaaand there it is, we have Beastars problems.

....wait what if dragons confused the words for mating and eating? they're only one letter apart after all....

you don't divide 20 into 3 Zodi, only 21 is divisible by 3 into 7! with 20, you got 6.666666666666666666666666666666666666666666...... ......

Kuya's story was just a funny romantic comedy about a guy lying about his life and learning that not everything is about strength. Tirune's story is a deep serious conversation about the problems of relationships that have a lot of inequalities and toxic ideas involved in them reminiscent of Beastars.

Yup, Rana's probably in a grave. I imagine something as old as dragons don't exactly do prisons.

heh, dragon rider....

26. - Top - End - #266

Title drop!

Rosmery looks very hugable.

Zodi... Look how bulky she is. Now consider that, as a farm girl turned warrior, she's likely to be living mostly on meat and starch and be very physically active.

And that armor doesn't look too heavy.

So... Must of that bulk is muscle.

Like, look at her legs. Look at them. She's clearly never skipped leg day. And every day is leg day.

I'm imagining that in a more lifelike art style she'd have a build similar to Lauri-ell but shorter and with a slightly higher body fat content
    Spoiler
    Show

Image from marvel database wiki

So the answer to your question, how strong she is is "very."

Zodi... If nobody took the shortcut route, there wouldn't be a game. Just accept that by sheer coincidence there are several romantically available princes who need to get to the important city ASAP and are willing to hire the cute muscle knight to escort them there and maybe fall in love with her.

Mousey mouse is visible.

Oh, Rosemary, you sweet child... This job is kind of the opposite of how knights normally take care of dragons.

...Unless the knight is a bard.

Okay never mind on the "shorter" part of my Lauri-Ell comparison, Rosemary is a goddamned amazon.

I will be sorely disappointed if every route doesn't involve rosemary carrying the prince on her back at least once.

You don't want to be so famous that the Paparazzi harasses you everywhere you go and random strangers pick through your garbage?

...You know if he's really that mighty then why does he need an escort?

Oh this route is off to a great start. It's like watching a trainwreck.

Rosemary your mom gave you bad advice.

My god, this guy is so tryhard.

Oh my god, he' a Himbo trying to be an edgelord.

...I really hope you don't get in trouble with Twitch over this.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that this is not a game to be searching fanart of.

So when does the candle start singing?

Dat's a lot of bacon.

Okay, close enough. Bridal carry that big boy to safety.

Jump over the pig! This is what happens when every day is leg day.

Digimon reference! In honor of he who dies in every season!

...The goatherd and his wife made fun of Rosemary for doing the job they hired her to do? And then paid her with cheese? Oh, sweety, Rosemary you got scammed.

Eternal twilight would be nice.

....Okay, if the trees are that big and it's full of mist maybe that's why eternal twilight. The sun, it never makes it to the ground. The grass being silver supports this, chlorophyll won't do the trick so it's gotta have some other way of getting nutrients allowing for it to be other colors. Probably some form of symbiosis with the big ass ricking trees using the mycelia networks of one or more species of symbiotic or parasitic fungus as a medium? Cause that's a thing in real forests and in a magic one a more extreme variation would certainly be possible.

Can't tell if adorable or cringe.

Kuya: "Oh my god, this is just like in my stories." *falls in love with Rosemary.*

...Okay, Karro's kind of a bitch. I think this is why he fantasizes about being a legendary hunter. She flat out called him the runt earlier so their other siblings probably treat him the same way.

And Yeah, Rosemary says basically that.

The way she acts tells me she's wrong, Zodi. If he was a spoilt brat you'd think she'd have just come out and said so and if he was delusional or ill he'd be under closer attention.

Also, the way he acts. He wouldn't have shown those moments of tenderness if he was just spoiled and he wouldn't be contradicting himself or breaking character if he was delusional.

"He did this because he's a sad boy who just wants to feel special" is pretty much the only plausible explanation that makes sense in context.

You love the big soft horny puppy man, Zodi?

Oh my god this narration is...

*pig shows up* And then there's this *******.

Again, Karo's kind of a bitch.

And Route completed.

There are apparently good and bad endings for each of these, by the way. Though the bad ones are mostly bittersweet than outright bad. I have no idea how you achieve any of them though.

Comments on dragon prince later, been up all night.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Forms (9)
    Show
    Whassa... what's this? It says... Zel...dor?

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask [9] Silent Running

Video Length: 36:37

We return to the Zelda! I accidentally borked the audio for the game so I had to make do with some beautiful remixes from the Zelda Reorchestrated project, which you can find a link to in the video description. Support'em!

In this episode, we get back into the swing of things, I show off a few money making schemes, get bullied by minigames, and see the price of failure. Mysteries abound in Termina, and we're gonna do our best to solve them. Dododododo do do dododo!

Yeah that was a lot of rupee RIP between missing some, losing and not recovering some, and overflowing. At least you killed it!

That poor couple you shot with an arrow.

The Deku Playground I believe has 3 games, one per day, at least in the original you have to get all 3 in the same cycle to get the heart piece (same with the honey and darling). What a great play through of the level though, well done on those clutches.

EPISODE 9 KILL TALLY!

Blue Bubble - 2
    Takkuri - 1
    Keese - 2

Style Points - 0
    Time Reset Count - 1

Missed Rupees - 4
    Lost Rupees - 87 overflow, 23 lost from the Takkuri and unrecovered, for a total of 110

Majora's Mask
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 9)

Spoiler
    Show

Bee, Giant - 1
    Beehive - 4
    Boe, Black - 21
    Deku Scrubs, Mad - 51
    Dinolfos - 1
    Eeno - 1
    Gekko - 1
    Leever - 1
    Odolwa - 1
    Snapper - 5
    Wolfos - 13

Avians
    Guay - 24
    Takkuri - 1

Babas
    Baba, Mini - 6
    Baba, Deku - 14

Keese
    Bad Bat - 7
    Keese - 2

Molds
    Dragonfly - 7
    Hiploop - 2
    Insect Minion - 5
    Skulltula, Big - 8

Octoroks
    Octoroks, Red - 100
    Octos, Big - 1

Slimes
    Chuchu, Red - 4
    Chuchu, Green - 2

Stal
    Bubble - 5
    Bubble, Blue - 2

Time Reset Count - 3

Total Things Dead - 290

1st Place - Red Octorok, at 100!
    2nd Place - Mad Deku Scrubs, at 51!
    3rd Place - Guay, at 24!

Total Style Points - 8

Total Missed Rupees - 101
    Total Lost Rupees - 138
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2022-03-09 at 10:19 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

28. - Top - End - #268

Too me longer to watch the second half of the vid than I thought it would.
    "I've been so cold that I could feel my bones"

...That's not normal? You're not supposed to feel like that all the time?

I mean, Zodi, we know that she's never had a boyfriend. So unless she's had casual sex or had a girlfriend at some point she probably is a virgin.

...And gonna be honest, I don't get "casual sex" from her character.

The bad ending of this route probably appeals to one specific group of people and no one else.

Flower language is a lot more complicated than Rosemary is giving. If you know what you're doing, arrangements of plants and flowers can convey complex meanings. For example, an arrangement of asphodel and wormwood can be taken to mean "It brings me pain and sadness that Lilly is gone and my bitter regrets about it will follow me to the grave."

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw the Twilight parallels. I mean, as far as I can tell this is better written than Twilight, but a sparkly golden-eyed immortal supernatural being who feels above and is driven to prey on humans but abstains out of moral obligation falls for interesting and allegedly ordinary but the actually exceptional mortal human girl is... Yeah.

Like, yeah. This is better Twilight. The Bloodthirst in Twilight is easily sated by animal blood and when this plot-relevant in the case of Edward and Bella it's just a conflict ball and more generally creates a conflict between "Selfrightous vegans" and "murderous cannibal douchebags" that goes nowhere becuase the "vegan" vampires don't do anything about the "cannibal jackass" vampires and are even friends with some of them despite
    thinking that feeding on humans is immoral.

It also explicitly rejects the idea that the superiority of dragons makes it morally okay to eat humans... A claim that Meyer has explicitly made regarding vampires.

This arc in a single conversation really hammers home exactly what it means to be in love with someone who has a constant compulsion to kill and eat you that they can barely resist.

And the simple fact that Tirune knows what human tastes like—and the difference between an ordinary and exceptional one—means that while he didn't eat Carmelia, he may have eaten someone else. More than once Possibly a slip-up, or maybe... before he came to a moral conclusion about it It's not garrunteed, he mentions that genetic memory thing, but...

At the same time, Rosemary makes a lot of good points herself. If someone knows the risk should they be allowed to try it? Normally I'd say yes, but it isn't just rosemary at risk. Tirune almost certainly would feel terrible if he lost control and ate her, judging from just how far he's going to minimize the risk... And as he alludes to, the frail, clumsy human form isn't his real self. His true self is a monster, a primal force of nature that could hurt Rosemary by accident. And if he lost control there'd be nothing she could do to defend herself—she's strong, but she's not that strong. Any relationship between the two of them would require Tirune to spend all of his time, or at least most of it, in a weak, clumsy body that he may honestly be uncomfortable with, and even if he's willing to do that it's not really fair.

Like, I think the "I'll just have to kill you first if you lose control" thing... Yeah, you're right, it kind of rules... But it's basically Rosemary admitting that any relationship between the two of them is doomed to end in tragic violence... And that that's not a deterrent for her. With the choice you made it seems like she's determined to enter a relationship even though she knows it's gonna end with one dead and the other heartbroken.

This is real heavy, Doc.

I think I prefer Kuya. The Kuya route was a very cute story, albeit one with a rough yet hilarious start. This is just depressing.

I'm also taking notes. I've got a character who feels its dangerous for others to be around her so this is a gold mine.

As for Bella being a "Van Helsing." Meyer is on record as having stated that there's no conceivable way for a human to compete with a vampire. Vampires are just inherently better than humans in every conceivable way* I don't think dedicated vampire hunters exist in the setting and if they did they're all die in their first encounter unless the vampire in question actively went out of their way to let the hunter live.

Twilight as a setting is kind of a hellhole.

There's a Twilight/Supernatural crossover fanfic called Wedding Crashers that can be best summarized as "the likable characters from Twilight get set free from association with the others, the actively murderous ones be dead, and the unlikeable characters/people ignorant of their harm get utterly humiliated." Also, realistic human reactions to all of the disturbing/tacky/pretentious/creepy/hypocritical things the Twilight cast does.

It's a good read... But, admittedly, some of the Winchesters' comments about Edward, and the vampires in general, include occasional touches of homophobic language which may be a deal-breaker. It has a page on TVtropes.

Oh hey, evil dragon, doesn't give a crap about human rights just loves to eat humans who the good dragon needs to protect the human female lead from.

God, the only thing we're missing is the werewolf. Hopefully minus the bit about falling into obsessive infatuation and lust with small children and raising them to be your partner.

Oh my god, Rana is literally reading out Meyer's treatise on why it's okay for vampires to kill and eat humans and it's being treated like a bad thing. This is almost 1 to 1 a "how Twilight should have gone down" story.

Yeah, Rana's head is probably being stuffed and mounted to be presented as a gift to the rulers of the human kingdom as Tirune and Rosemary are speaking.

And next time we shall see what Mr. Scruffy and Grunkle Elfo have to add to the story.

*Personally I'd like to see how well Sparklepires can stand up to a nuke, but that would cause undue collateral damage.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Rater, I've never read Twilight because Twilight is garbage. I only see Beastars in this: Tirune is an ancient incredibly matured Lagoshi, and Rosemary is just a more badass Haru. because this entire route is reminiscent of how Beastars would play out an interspecies romance like this. its just as filled with drama and depression as Beastars, its the conflict of Beastars, I'm telling you Tirune's route is Beastars.

30. - Top - End - #270

Rater, I've never read Twilight because Twilight is garbage. I only see Beastars in this: Tirune is an ancient incredibly matured Lagoshi, and Rosemary is just a more badass Haru. because this entire route is reminiscent of how Beastars would play out an interspecies romance like this. its just as filled with drama and depression as Beastars, its the conflict of Beastars, I'm telling you Tirune's route is Beastars.
    It can't be Beastars, becuase Beastars used "I want to eat you" as a metaphor for "I want to **** you" instead of as a conflict towards that goal.

Like, seriously, the first time Haru and Lugoshi tried to have sex Haru instinctively tried to feed herself to Lugoshi.

In general, BEastars very heavily sexualized (effectively)cannibalism. Albeit quite often in the form of sexual violence, it's just kind of treated sexually in general.

It also had such strange things as the reveal that Predators instinctively feel the need to protect herbivores... But still want to eat them.

The Meat Market where stolen corpses and small children are sold as food, among other... More ambiguous things, (and just crime in general) is operating more or less openly... But when Lugoshi eats consensually donated flesh, from someone who honestly didn't want that body part anyway, in order to get a vital power up in an emergency situation the authorities crackdown on his ass hard up to and including deciding who he can and can't marry.

Meanwhile, that one asshat student who regularly attends the meat market and eats flesh just keeps going on and on and on and even gets romantically involved with a herbivore girl.

There's no such sexualization or hypocrisy here. Tirune's desire to eat Rosemary is presented as a bad thing and discussed seriously instead of used as a metaphor for sexuality or sexualized in general. And it is exclusively presented as a bad thing, with the person who desires to eat people without any remorse being treated as a clear cut villain.

So this is closer to Twilight, with the caveat that it took the ideas behind Twilight and... Made them actually work.

And honestly, it's the fact that Tirune's skin explcitly sparkles int he sunight that cinches it.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-03-08 at 05:34 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks