New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Summer Beachparty Twenty Twenty One!

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Darker Beach

"Yeah, I've got some room. I borrowed it from Vigil, one of their sky-ferries. I learnt how to fly things like it in Skyside, though that one was... a bit more mundane, I think. Controls map over OK, mostly." Felicity stands up and picks up her fire-blanket, putting it back into her bag and pulling out a brass fob. She'll walk over to where she parked, just up the beach hidden in the dunes.

The shuttle doesn't look very technological at all, really. It has a sleek wooden hull with brass detailing and little wings, sharply angled sails overhead. A harpoon gun is mounted on the front. It's all wood and polished brass, rather than plastic and aluminium. Felicity goes to a hatch in the deck and unlocks it, pulling out a thick fleece and some trousers, which she'll pull on. "Do you want this?" Felicity offers a spare fleece. "It can get a bit cold, otherwise. I gotta stay on deck to steer, since it's done by sails, but there's a small passenger area, if you want to sit down out of the wind. No windows, though."
    [Darker Beach]

Eun eyes the shuttle warily. That... is a lot of open air for a flying vehicle. And no indication of any of the quantum membranes that helped ensure stable flight. And the air was going to been thin up there. And... Felicity sounded reasonably confident in her ability to fly it, but not entirely so. What if something went wrong? Could Felicity handle it?

Eun sighs quietly to herself and puts on the fleece. No, no. She was being ridiculous. That was just nerves talking. She was going to get on this shuttle, they'd fly back to Vigil, and absolutely nothing would go wrong.

Volleyball

"Sort of, yeah. Streetball, played in Skyside. Often the ball is filled with some lighter-than-air gas, if you can get it from the docks or whatever. The aim of that is to hit the ball from one side of the street to the other, usually played in busy areas and across traffic to make it trickier. And also so the players can practice their pickpocketing. I didn't grow up in a very wealthy area, though at least it was Skyside itself and not Groundtown. Nobody wants to live in Groundtown." It's odd that so many people stay there, in fact. Given that it's poor and where most of those individuals that work in Skyside that can't afford rent in the flying city live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Volleyball]

Zefir heads over to them assuming Vlad follows as well.

"Yeah, I also had the feeling you know what to do. So Either you had done something befor OR you pick up really fast." he says and then turns to the other two.
    "And you two are professionals? Sounded like you are in a team and you seem to be good at the game."
    [Volleyball]

"Not exactly." Vlad shrugs. "We've played before, and our jobs involve a lot of running around. The two mesh more-or-less seamlessly."

Miranda releases Mishnehel and gives the girl one last pat on the back. "So, this Groundtown... bad place to live, then?" Understatement of the year, she was sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Bonfires => ARC Shuttle]

Fayyaad hasn't changed out of his dancing outfit yet, but presumably he's had an opportunity to pick up his bag.

"I'm not really the one to... rush into getting down to business. I'm fine with taking things more slowly, but I do need to change first."
    [ARC Shuttle]

Rose smiles, unfolds the jumpsuit, and quickly slips it on; left leg, right leg, left arm, right arm, zip. Ten seconds total. She then turns and gives Fayyaad a polite amount of privacy; she might not come from a culture with much of a nudity taboo, but she had no guarantee that he did, too. Even if it might not matter in a few hours. Context is everything in these sorts of situations.

While she's waiting, she'll go ahead and set the autopilot, taking them up and away from the beach. The flight is smooth enough that Fayyaad might not even notice they've taken off if he doesn't look out the windows.

"So, then..." Rose runs a hand through her hair, shaking out a little sand. "What sorts of things do you like to do for fun? Aside from the obvious, I mean."
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

2. - Top - End - #242

[Volleyball]

"Hmm, yeah sounds resonable. Seems like I would need more practice to keep up." Zefir says. "You got some kind of delivery job? Or something with a little more action?

"That sounds rather dangerouse." he says to Mishnehel. "But I guess that's skyside"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

Leaving the Darker Beach

"Make sure you strap into the harness and secure yourself. I really don't want you to fall off." And please, whatever you do, don't ask Felicity how many flight hours she has or what she actually trained in flying. Because Earl doesn't think Eun will like the answer to either of those questions.

Once she's sure Eun is secure, the skyferry raises gently upwards and starts to gain speed as it flies off. It's not too jerky, and Felicity doesn't speed- it might be able to go faster than Felicity's driving it, but she's making sure she's going no faster than she's comfortable with, given the dark. Occasionally Felicity steers the wrong way, getting left and right muddled, but as she's high enough to avoid most obstacles, she's able to correct herself before she hits anything.

Volleyball

"Groundtown's a slum. It's beneath Skyside, so all the trash and refuse the flying city doesn't want or can't recycle are thrown down to it. The best areas are far enough away the city's shadow rarely falls upon them, near the launchpads and runways for vessels going up and down. The worst areas are permanently in the dark, night or day, as Skyside itself blocks the sun, and they need reinforced roofs to protect their homes from falling debris. Or so I hear. My mother lived in Skyside proper, in a block of flats, near the edge but without a good view." So quite cheap, as a result.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #244

Leaving the Darker Beach

"Make sure you strap into the harness and secure yourself. I really don't want you to fall off." And please, whatever you do, don't ask Felicity how many flight hours she has or what she actually trained in flying. Because Earl doesn't think Eun will like the answer to either of those questions.

Once she's sure Eun is secure, the skyferry raises gently upwards and starts to gain speed as it flies off. It's not too jerky, and Felicity doesn't speed- it might be able to go faster than Felicity's driving it, but she's making sure she's going no faster than she's comfortable with, given the dark. Occasionally Felicity steers the wrong way, getting left and right muddled, but as she's high enough to avoid most obstacles, she's able to correct herself before she hits anything.
    [Leaving Beach]

Eun does indeed strap herself in, trying not to look too disconcerted about Felicity's flying ability. Unless something else happens, she'll remain silent for the rest of the trip back to Vigil... mostly because she doesn't have confidence in her ability to speak while so astoundingly airsick.

Volleyball

"Groundtown's a slum. It's beneath Skyside, so all the trash and refuse the flying city doesn't want or can't recycle are thrown down to it. The best areas are far enough away the city's shadow rarely falls upon them, near the launchpads and runways for vessels going up and down. The worst areas are permanently in the dark, night or day, as Skyside itself blocks the sun, and they need reinforced roofs to protect their homes from falling debris. Or so I hear. My mother lived in Skyside proper, in a block of flats, near the edge but without a good view." So quite cheap, as a result.
    [Volleyball]

"Hmm, yeah sounds resonable. Seems like I would need more practice to keep up." Zefir says. "You got some kind of delivery job? Or something with a little more action?

"That sounds rather dangerouse." he says to Mishnehel. "But I guess that's skyside"
    [Volleyball]

"You could say that. We've done a lot of delivery in our time." Vlad chuckles. "But yeah, we get a fair amount of action. Used to, at any rate. Now she babysits and I fix planes."

"It's like we never left." Miranda smirks, earning another chuckle from Vlad. She turns her attention back to Mishnehel. "That... does sound pretty hazardous. I hope none of you were sleepwalkers."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-09-14 at 08:49 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245

[Volleyball]

Zefir was just beeing curiouse, but that answer made them a bit suspiciouse. It sounds more like they were agents or something alike. Not that those thoughts come out of to many films. He himself had a pretty dark past, well his present times don't look brighter. Anyway He might get into that later, but not now.

"I doubt a sleepwalker would survive in skyside in general. No place to just walk around, as far as I heared."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

Volleyball

"Don't go to Skyside if you sleep walk. You'll wake up naked in a cage with some weirdo poking you with a stick, or something. The only law in Skyside is 'you look after yourself'. If you sleepwalk you're probably not going to be able to do that properly, so some starving hobo will lead you to the Guild and cash you in so he can have breakfast." So walking off the edge of the flying city is probably the least of your worries. You'll be robbed of all you have long before then.

7. - Top - End - #247

[Volleyball]

Zefir was just beeing curiouse, but that answer made them a bit suspiciouse. It sounds more like they were agents or something alike. Not that those thoughts come out of to many films. He himself had a pretty dark past, well his present times don't look brighter. Anyway He might get into that later, but not now.

"I doubt a sleepwalker would survive in skyside in general. No place to just walk around, as far as I heared."
    Volleyball

"Don't go to Skyside if you sleep walk. You'll wake up naked in a cage with some weirdo poking you with a stick, or something. The only law in Skyside is 'you look after yourself'. If you sleepwalk you're probably not going to be able to do that properly, so some starving hobo will lead you to the Guild and cash you in so he can have breakfast." So walking off the edge of the flying city is probably the least of your worries. You'll be robbed of all you have long before then.
    [After Volleyball]

Miranda and Vlad exchange a look. "Yeah, that's... about what we've come to expect from Skyside." Miranda concludes.

"Fortunately, we sleep in secured containers. If we ever do end up in Skyside, that won't be a concern." Vlad smirks. "Just, you know... literally everything else."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

8. - Top - End - #248

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    [After Volleyball]

Miranda and Vlad exchange a look. "Yeah, that's... about what we've come to expect from Skyside." Miranda concludes.

"Fortunately, we sleep in secured containers. If we ever do end up in Skyside, that won't be a concern." Vlad smirks. "Just, you know... literally everything else."
    [After Volleyball]

"Secured containers?" That does sound a bit much and in a way not normal, even for the nexus.
    "If you have a choice, get a room in Inside. There are even plenty of abonded buildings from the apocalypses."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

After Volleyball

"I've heard good things about Riverside, too. And it gets attacked less often, from what I hear, so it's maybe safer." Inside hasn't been attacked or suffered a near-apocalypse in years, not that Mishnehel knows it- she's from Skyside and hasn't spent much time in the other cities. "The sealed pod thing might help, too. So long as you can stop someone scrapping it whilst you're asleep inside, anyway."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

[ARC Shuttle]

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    Rose smiles, unfolds the jumpsuit, and quickly slips it on; left leg, right leg, left arm, right arm, zip. Ten seconds total. She then turns and gives Fayyaad a polite amount of privacy; she might not come from a culture with much of a nudity taboo, but she had no guarantee that he did, too. Even if it might not matter in a few hours. Context is everything in these sorts of situations.

While she's waiting, she'll go ahead and set the autopilot, taking them up and away from the beach. The flight is smooth enough that Fayyaad might not even notice they've taken off if he doesn't look out the windows.

"So, then..." Rose runs a hand through her hair, shaking out a little sand. "What sorts of things do you like to do for fun? Aside from the obvious, I mean."
    Fayyaad's culture has a nudity taboo, but he's not exactly a shy person. Still, he does turn away slightly. Best to keep things to an appropriate place and time.

"Dancing, drinking and meeting new people. So, more or less what we've done already," he admits. "But I also let the new people I've met show me something new. This tends to work out well."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #251

[After Volleyball]

"Secured containers?" That does sound a bit much and in a way not normal, even for the nexus.
    "If you have a choice, get a room in Inside. There are even plenty of abonded buildings from the apocalypses."
    After Volleyball

"I've heard good things about Riverside, too. And it gets attacked less often, from what I hear, so it's maybe safer." Inside hasn't been attacked or suffered a near-apocalypse in years, not that Mishnehel knows it- she's from Skyside and hasn't spent much time in the other cities. "The sealed pod thing might help, too. So long as you can stop someone scrapping it whilst you're asleep inside, anyway."
    [After Volleyball]

"Yup. Sleeping pods. Very comfortable, very secure. Lets you skip around 90% of the morning routine." Vlad smirks. "Provided you're, ah, sized right for them, of course."

"Fortunately, we have the living situation pretty much covered." Miranda adds. "Of our crew of five, four of us have joined up with the organizations here, which have room and board for their members. The one exception was an ambitious Terahn who went off to go do his own thing in Skyside, but according to our communiques, he's handling that all right. Apparently thinking of starting his own, even."

[ARC Shuttle]

Fayyaad's culture has a nudity taboo, but he's not exactly a shy person. Still, he does turn away slightly. Best to keep things to an appropriate place and time.

"Dancing, drinking and meeting new people. So, more or less what we've done already," he admits. "But I also let the new people I've met show me something new. This tends to work out well."
    [ARC Shuttle]

Rose nods slowly, letting out a little sigh. "So the obvious, then." She mumbles. "...You know what? That's way too small talk-y. Let's try something a little more appropos of 'we have the rest of the night to ourselves with nobody to disturb us'." She smiles. "Tell me something else about yourself. Something you would never have told anyone else." She shrugs. "And if you want, I'll tell you the same for me."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-09-18 at 09:31 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252

[After Volleyball]

Zefir got doubt in his look about the pod and likly doesn't belive the 90%. A cold shiver runs down his neck as he imagines how this thing solves problems like eating showering and dressing. Something he thinks most people go through in the morning. He returns to his senses as he hears they have joined the orgs. Great he thinks and keeps quiet for a moment. Since non of them bothered him it is safe to assume that they don't know or that the orgs don't care. After all AMEN is left inactiv for sometime now.

"Riverside had some bad events recently. Ratplage, demon attack and an election. But yeah it is still save in relation to skyside."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

[ARC Shuttle]

What kind of thing could he tell Rose...? There is one she might like. He has told others about it, but not many. And no one in the Nexus, as far as he can remember.

"I once had a sordid romance my family disapproved of." He pauses. "Or I thought I did. In truth, my family and Jamal's family both knew what we were doing and let our relationship play its course. But in my mind, I was a star-crossed lover. Teenagers are like that, aren't they?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

After Volleyball

"I haven't heard of those. Well, maybe the rat plague, but... I thought that was a while ago. Hang on, how is an election a bad event?" Mishnehel has never actually partaken in democracy, so she's not sure why it would be bad. She'll glance at Miranda. "What's he up to there, do you know? And why'd you all split up, anyway?"

15. - Top - End - #255

[After Volleyball]

Zefir got doubt in his look about the pod and likly doesn't belive the 90%. A cold shiver runs down his neck as he imagines how this thing solves problems like eating showering and dressing. Something he thinks most people go through in the morning. He returns to his senses as he hears they have joined the orgs. Great he thinks and keeps quiet for a moment. Since non of them bothered him it is safe to assume that they don't know or that the orgs don't care. After all AMEN is left inactiv for sometime now.

"Riverside had some bad events recently. Ratplage, demon attack and an election. But yeah it is still save in relation to skyside."
    After Volleyball

"I haven't heard of those. Well, maybe the rat plague, but... I thought that was a while ago. Hang on, how is an election a bad event?" Mishnehel has never actually partaken in democracy, so she's not sure why it would be bad. She'll glance at Miranda. "What's he up to there, do you know? And why'd you all split up, anyway?"
    [After Volleyball]

"It's not. It's a solemn civic duty." Miranda says with a firm nod.

"From what I hear, they used to be a gigantic pain in the butt, though." Vlad adds. "Before the advent of the cryptoballot, most voting was done in designated locations over relatively short spans of time, so if you wanted your voice to be heard, you'd have to stand in line for a few hours. Not great for voter turnout."

"Or public health."

"I know, right?"

"Anyway." Miranda turns her attention back to the more salient question. "Quire went up there to help with the liberation movement. It's made him somewhat influential, from what I hear. He's probably just looking to formalize it."

"And Verdoyant just got sick of our faces." Vlad adds. "Wanted to split off and do her own thing for a while."

"So, with forty percent of my crew seceding of their own accord, it seemed like it was time to consider officially disbanding." Miranda concludes. "Better to do it cleanly, on our terms, than to wait for things to destabilize further."

[ARC Shuttle]

What kind of thing could he tell Rose...? There is one she might like. He has told others about it, but not many. And no one in the Nexus, as far as he can remember.

"I once had a sordid romance my family disapproved of." He pauses. "Or I thought I did. In truth, my family and Jamal's family both knew what we were doing and let our relationship play its course. But in my mind, I was a star-crossed lover. Teenagers are like that, aren't they?"
    [ARC Shuttle]

"Heh. Yeah, that they are." Rose smirks. "You know how it is when you're young. Everything's so dramatic, even when you're not involved." She sighs and leans back against the shuttle wall. "How did it end between you two, anyway? Did it just peter out, or were there fireworks?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

[ARC Shuttle]

"Much like the relationship itself, it wasn't very dramatic." Fayyaad waves his hand in a vague motion. "He had his own goals and I had mine. I do wonder how he's doing, sometimes. I think he might have become an officer."

17. - Top - End - #257

[After Volleyball]

"And even worse if the voting feels like fake." Zefir adds. "Imagine, even with several people on the list you properbly vote for one, because she is the best choice of them and also a bit intimidating in nature."
    I mean half goddess giant girl is somthing that could step on your house, just as an example. Then e turns to the others.

"That doesn't sound like your crew was very stable when it falls apart so fast. On top I'm sure liberating Skyside is a job for several lifes. Literally"

18. - Top - End - #258

[ARC Shuttle]

"Much like the relationship itself, it wasn't very dramatic." Fayyaad waves his hand in a vague motion. "He had his own goals and I had mine. I do wonder how he's doing, sometimes. I think he might have become an officer."
    [ARC Shuttle]

"That's too bad." Rose sighs. "That it ended, I mean. Although, having gone through something like that a few hun-" She shuffles awkwardly and cuts herself off, deciding mentioning the number might undercut what she was trying to say. "...It's better than the alternative." She says finally.

She then smiles and taps her teeth as she considers what secret to give him in return. She had quite a few, but most of them were a few shades darker than "I had a crush my parents didn't like". She doubted Fayyaad wanted to hear what her therapist thought of her, for instance. Finally, she has something.

"Well, for my part... I suppose I could let you in on why we're having this conversation." She smiles. "See, when I first joined with ARC, I was... well, I would say 'a total bitch', but my job still demands it of me, so I guess I'll go with 'an unnecessarily prolific bitch'. I didn't like people, but I could get them to like me. Unless we had to work together whether they liked me or not and I could get away with not being so nice. Easier that way, you see. Less effort." She shrugs. "And that worked fine, until a mission went badly and I got captured and interrogated. I'll spare you the gory details, but the takeaway is that I was rescued at the last... and I do mean last second, completely by accident. My rescuers were after something else entirely."

"Nobody really cared that I was gone. Psychos like I was are a dime a dozen. I was replaceable, and nobody missed me enough to come after me anyway. So..." She gives a little shrug. "I decided to make a point of leaving behind a string of good memories. A date here, a show there, a fantasy roundabout here somewhere... you get the idea. That way, if something ever happens to me again... well, maybe someone will give a damn." She smiles and advances on Fayyaad, giving him a little peck on tbe cheek. "...Like I said, I haven't told anyone about that. And I'd like to keep it that way. Our little secret?"
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-09-19 at 01:29 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

After Volleyball

"Well, I wish him good luck with that. He'll probably need it. I'm... mostly just glad I'm outta there." Not that Mishnehel won't take an opportunity to kill slavers if she gets one, but she has no intent of going back up to Skyside.

20. - Top - End - #260

[After Volleyball]

"And even worse if the voting feels like fake." Zefir adds. "Imagine, even with several people on the list you properbly vote for one, because she is the best choice of them and also a bit intimidating in nature."
    I mean half goddess giant girl is somthing that could step on your house, just as an example. Then e turns to the others.

"That doesn't sound like your crew was very stable when it falls apart so fast. On top I'm sure liberating Skyside is a job for several lifes. Literally"
    After Volleyball

"Well, I wish him good luck with that. He'll probably need it. I'm... mostly just glad I'm outta there." Not that Mishnehel won't take an opportunity to kill slavers if she gets one, but she has no intent of going back up to Skyside.
    [After Volleyball]

"It wasn't. Those two were always the most volatile, especially with regards to each other." Vlad shrugs. "Verdoyant had this whole thing about Terahns, and Quire... well, he was Quire. Nobody liked him very much. Nobody who knew him, at any rate."

Miranda raises an eyebrow. "Nobody?"

"...Well, I guess the Doc might have been an exception." Vlad concedes. "Never really understood that. Forbidden fruit kind of thing?"

"Maybe." Miranda turns and gives Mishnehel a little smile. "Well, if you ever need someone to talk to about it, you can usually find me at GLoG. My door is always open."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

21. - Top - End - #261

[After Volleyball]

"That does sound like your troup is really one of a kind." he says. "Or maybe just the usual film material with different roles from the wise leader to the crazy technician."

To Mishnehel. "Yeah, I only go there if i have no other choice. I allways wonder why people stil life there. I guess groundtown is still the better choice then traveling to the next city. I wonder why GloG hasn't done anything about that."

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

After Volleyball

"I'll keep it in mind. You a therapist-y type, or something?" Mishnehel has never spoken to a therapist before; maybe she should. Maybe discussing how one became an angel is unusual enough for Miranda to be unable to help, though. "How can GLoG take on a whole city? It's a campground in the woods, isn't it?"

23. - Top - End - #263

[After Volleyball]

"That does sound like your troup is really one of a kind." he says. "Or maybe just the usual film material with different roles from the wise leader to the crazy technician."

To Mishnehel. "Yeah, I only go there if i have no other choice. I allways wonder why people stil life there. I guess groundtown is still the better choice then traveling to the next city. I wonder why GloG hasn't done anything about that."
    After Volleyball

"I'll keep it in mind. You a therapist-y type, or something?" Mishnehel has never spoken to a therapist before; maybe she should. Maybe discussing how one became an angel is unusual enough for Miranda to be unable to help, though. "How can GLoG take on a whole city? It's a campground in the woods, isn't it?"
    [After Volleyball]

"I wish. After all the neuroses I had to get my crew through to function properly, I should probably think about trying for a degree." Miranda smirks. "But... not really, no. I'm just a friend. There are therapists there, though, and I'd be glad to help you set things up with one of them if you decide you need to."

"And as for helping Skyside... we do what we can. One should never underestimate the power of a small group of dedicated do-gooders, but there is an upper limit to it."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

24. - Top - End - #264
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Hamburgler]

"No one has been turning aggressively pink, either. It's got to be-"

Tristan looks down and notes that his burger is gone.

This results in a frown, followed by glancing over at Jade uncertainly.

"How are you even doing that? Are you unhinging your jaw like a snake or something?"

He's honestly kind of mystified at this point. The burgers aren't exactly small. Not the sort of thing you can just shove down your throat.

Clearly there's magical nonsense going on.

Ah well.

Chances are it's going to be one of those annoying magical mysteries. Those are the worth.

"I had plenty of beaches where I was from. Rocky, sandy, gravely, sheer cliffs getting smashed by the surf. All sorts, really. Lots to choose from. None with crazy glowing water, though."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Hamburgler
    "I don't, uh, think I made a mistake with her drink, but I, uh, might have?" Selekhael checks under the bar.
    Meanwhile, Jade is asked about how she's eating so quickly. "I dunno. I get hungry, then itsh gone!" She wipes some mustard off her lip with the back of her hand.
    Then Selekhael suddenly says, "Wait, uh, what's this?" She sets a very pink bottle full of very pink liquid on the bar. "I, uh, don't remember this being there."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

[ARC Shuttle]

This took a grim turn. Fayyaad's smile doesn't fade, but he does feel uncertain when Rose kisses him on the cheek.

"My lips are sealed. And I can already say I would care if something like that happened to you again. It's never too late to change things, you know. No need to restrict yourself to fleeting happy memories."

[Hamburgler]

Olvisin's eyes are drawn to the pink liquid.

"...yeah, this looks like our culprit. Whatever this is. We can hope only she drank it, at least?"

27. - Top - End - #267

[ARC Shuttle]

"Oh, believe me, I don't." Rose shrugs. "Underneath it all, I'm... not as different from my old self as I would like to be. If the need arises, I can still gripe with the best of them." She pops open her Hotbox and produces a pair of coffees. "But, when you really get down to it, my job is social engineering. Manipulating people's thoughts and feelings to serve whatever ends. If I can't give my colleagues much of a reason to care if I just disappear one day, I don't get to claim I didn't know how to do that; it'd be my fault just from sheer lack of effort." She smiles and holds one of the coffees out to Fayyaad. "So, here I am. Making the effort. And from what you tell me, it's working."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-09-21 at 02:58 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268

[After Volleyball]

"Not the whole city, just groundtown." he says. " I don't know what keeps people down there other then no way to get anywhere else.. If someone just offers a way to get to inside or such that might help a lot of them. As said I don't know much about the people there other then the bad condition they are in. GloG, as far as I know, has only a campground,but also enougth resources to do something."

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

After Volleyball

"Not sure a therapist could help much with me. How can they help me with an issue of not being entirely mortal any more? Or even humanoid, for that matter." Mishnehel grins, even though she's looking perfectly humanoid right now- she's almost trying to bait out a question about it.

30. - Top - End - #270

[After Volleyball]

"Not the whole city, just groundtown." he says. " I don't know what keeps people down there other then no way to get anywhere else.. If someone just offers a way to get to inside or such that might help a lot of them. As said I don't know much about the people there other then the bad condition they are in. GloG, as far as I know, has only a campground,but also enougth resources to do something."
    After Volleyball

"Not sure a therapist could help much with me. How can they help me with an issue of not being entirely mortal any more? Or even humanoid, for that matter." Mishnehel grins, even though she's looking perfectly humanoid right now- she's almost trying to bait out a question about it.
    [After Volleyball]

"...Maybe we could direct some relief efforts at Groundtown." Miranda concedes. "It's certainly more accessible than Skyside proper, and it would be the logical first stop for refugees. By helping them, we'd be able to make things a little better for people in Skyside by extension."

Vlad smirks when Mishnehel makes her all-too-obvious attempt at baiting out questions about her shapeshifting. It wasn't exactly news to him anymore; one of his bosses was a sizeshifter, and he'd heard rumors the other was a multiform of some kind. In any case, he'd seen his share of shapechangers pass through HALO, and he'd noticed their tendency to want to flaunt it. So he decides to humor her. "What do you mean? You look humanish to me."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]