New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Summer Beachparty Twenty Twenty One!

[Bar]

As if in response to this, Anchor will hear the warning given off by Braeg's curse for the first time:

All creation, hear my plea,
    This man is our enemy
    He who speaks in only lies
    Who steals daughters from their beds
    Severs fathers from their heads
    Commands dead again to rise
    And ate hearts before my eyes

All creation, hear my cry
    I condemn this man to die
    Tie him down and flay his skin
    Rip his black heart from his chest
    Let the grave deny him rest
    Doom this man for his sin
    This blasphemer, traitor of kin!

Braeg waits a moment for Anchor to get the message, then sucks his needly teeth, producing an irate clicking sound. "By all means. Guess." He chortles ruefully.

[Surf]

Oh, sure. Act like it's safe because the kid with built-in scale armor wasn't getting hurt. Very smart, Khannie.

Arthfael sighs and stays up on the beach itself, staying away from where the comb jellies could get to him, despite their apparent harmlessness. Khannie was right about one thing, at least; they did look pretty.

"Hey guys. Whatcha doin'?"

Arthfael looks up as his big sister limps over to join the group. "Um... just enjoying the show, really."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-08-18 at 02:25 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Surf
    Achuak holds the unfortunate jelly out of the water. "Wow! That's so cool! Feel it, it's squishy!" He's only slightly distracted by the vast numbers that start showing up. "There's so many of them! They're pretty!"

Fire
    Jade stands up shakily. She feels a bit funny. She takes a few steps away from her towel and has to sit down again. "Why ish thaa whorld shpinnig?" she slurs, "Wha whash in tha drink?" She falls onto her face on her towel and lies there for a few minutes before she realizes something. She's getting bored. She pulls her phone out, fumbles it a few times, and sends a text.
    tristan you there
    wany to hang out after i finisha the party?
    I"m lonelu
    To anyone looking on, she's one tipsy fox. And if they're paying attention, does she seem floofier than when she got here? It's probably just a trick of the light.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Surf]

Khannie looks straight at Arthfael.

And then, while maintaining eye contact to assert dominance, she reaches out with one finger and pokes the comb jelly.

*pbbt*

It is, in fact, squishy.

And it doesn't sting her.

"I wonder why they're out here all of a sudden," Khannie muses aloud as she bends over in the surf and scoops out one of the jellies herself. Its cillia feel a little tickle. "Maybe they eat something that comes out at night?"

Algae?

Plankton?

Tiny shrimp?

She has no idea!

"Its sides don't look as shimmery when it isn't in the water,"
    she observes before dropping it back in with a plop. The odd animal begins scooting away but now it's kind of veering off to one side a little bit where she was handling it the most. "Oh no, I think I might have hurt it. I don't think they like getting picked up, Achuak."

[Drunk Texting]

After a few minutes Jade will get a text back.

I'll be out pretty late
    A giant hermit crab showed up near Oar Grotto
    I wanted to collect some samples before she toddles off into the abyssal plane again
    Are you okay?
    Normally your spelling is better
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

[Bar]

Keiko smirks

Great curse-poem, eh? But his neice or whatever put more than just that glamour in it: pretty impressive, really. He was comparing Khannie skills to his neice's and said that her teachers hadn't done a good job, and that's what got her all mad. I was still kinda shaken from the reaction sickness and let her angry get to me, so I yoinked his protection and there you go.

she shakes her head

Still not fair to compare a human with a weird soul jar thing to an actual magical person, in my opinion. And maybe now you've learned your lesson about thirteen year old girls, Braeg - you wanna see some solid displays of temper, go push their buttons. Every time, every species that follows the same basic developmental progression.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Bar]

"Yeah, pretty fair rhymes. But she sticks too tightly to the patternwhile ignoring the stress on words."
    Anchor shakes her head.

"You killed your brother and ate his heart, is that right? I mean, that sounds like quite a story."

Keiko is right, but at the same time.
    "It's not easy being a thirteen-year-old kid."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Surf
    Achuak holds the unfortunate jelly out of the water. "Wow! That's so cool! Feel it, it's squishy!" He's only slightly distracted by the vast numbers that start showing up. "There's so many of them! They're pretty!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Surf]

Khannie looks straight at Arthfael.

And then, while maintaining eye contact to assert dominance, she reaches out with one finger and pokes the comb jelly.

*pbbt*

It is, in fact, squishy.

And it doesn't sting her.

"I wonder why they're out here all of a sudden," Khannie muses aloud as she bends over in the surf and scoops out one of the jellies herself. Its cillia feel a little tickle. "Maybe they eat something that comes out at night?"

Algae?

Plankton?

Tiny shrimp?

She has no idea!

"Its sides don't look as shimmery when it isn't in the water,"
    she observes before dropping it back in with a plop. The odd animal begins scooting away but now it's kind of veering off to one side a little bit where she was handling it the most. "Oh no, I think I might have hurt it. I don't think they like getting picked up, Achuak."
    [Surf]

Seeing this, Arthfael reluctantly makes his way back down the beach, toward Khannie and Achuak. He dips his toes back in the water and winces, finding it just a bit colder than he remembered.

Still. It was just water.

With little glowing things swimming around in it.

Arthfael wades in up to his waist, giving Khannie a look. "If I end up with hives because of this, I'm blaming you." He grumbles.

Hopefully, she can't tell that his pride's been wounded by being out-braved by a girl who was younger than him. That would be so embarrassing.

Of course, this did not go over his sister's head, and she sits there on the beach, giggling at her little brother's antics. She still keeps away from the water, though; her bad leg makes it difficult for her to swim, and she can't stand well up to her waist in seawater, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Bar]

Keiko smirks

Great curse-poem, eh? But his neice or whatever put more than just that glamour in it: pretty impressive, really. He was comparing Khannie skills to his neice's and said that her teachers hadn't done a good job, and that's what got her all mad. I was still kinda shaken from the reaction sickness and let her angry get to me, so I yoinked his protection and there you go.

she shakes her head

Still not fair to compare a human with a weird soul jar thing to an actual magical person, in my opinion. And maybe now you've learned your lesson about thirteen year old girls, Braeg - you wanna see some solid displays of temper, go push their buttons. Every time, every species that follows the same basic developmental progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Bar]

"Yeah, pretty fair rhymes. But she sticks too tightly to the patternwhile ignoring the stress on words."
    Anchor shakes her head.

"You killed your brother and ate his heart, is that right? I mean, that sounds like quite a story."

Keiko is right, but at the same time.
    "It's not easy being a thirteen-year-old kid."
    [Bar]

"First; the comparison was favorable." Braeg says with a shrug. "Saying she reminded me of my niece was a compliment of the highest order. Second..." He turns to Anchor. "Not exactly, no. 'Heart-eater' is a poetic term in our clan used to describe someone with fleeting passions. I believe the common-tongue equivalent would be something like 'heartbreaker', 'maneater' or 'womanizer', depending on the context. And the man I killed was what you might call my brother-in-law, if you have a term for it at all. I had no idea at the time that he was family."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-08-18 at 11:14 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Surf
    At Khannie's bidding, Achuak lets his jelly go. He laughs at Arthfael's complaints, but it's a bit of a strange, forced sound. His kind don't really do that. "They're safe, they wouldn't hurt anyone."
    Not far off in the surf, a large one opens its maw and swallows a slightly smaller one whole. "Maybe not."

Drunk Fox Texting
    i feel great
    just had a relly good drimk
    barmadi must be a wizatd ot something
    causr i feel rezllt great
    Jade really does feel great. She feels all bubbly inside, like she's overflowing with joy and excitement. Also her nose feels a bit itchy. "A-a-aah-CHOO! With that sneeze, all Jade's hair stands on end, and when it settles back down, it's bright pink. She stops for a moment feeling dizzy, until she spies one of her now pink tails. She grabs it and holds it up to the light. "EEEE! Hahaha, that's soooo cute!"

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #38

[Surf]

"They don't sting how would you get hives?" Khannie asks, puzzled.

Do vampires even GET hives?

She has no idea.

"They're just little glowing blobs they're harmless."

Then one of the larger ones just sorta hinges open and swallows the jelly Khannie had accidentally inured. Whoops.

"Uh... I guess they aren't harmless to each other?" she mutters. She leans down in the water for a closer look. "So there are the little ones that are probably eating stuff in the water and the big ones are eating the little ones."

That's how sea life works!

Big things eat smaller things!

"Here just watch them a bit, they're cool see? You can touch them just don't pick them up out of the water," Khannie says as she reaches into the water and pokes one of the jellies. It backs up, turns to the side a bit, and then begins scooting forward again- right into Khannie's hand. "Haha, you can herd them."

[Drunk Fox Texting]

This time around Tristan replies quite a bit fast.

Okay I'm going to call this trip short I think I have enough data
    I'm going to be over to the party as quickly as I can
    Try not to get into too much trouble, okay?
    Oh that's nice!

Tristan is coming to join Jade for a romantic evening at the beach!

It'll probably take some time for him to arrive, though. What will Jade do in the mean time?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

[Walk-Up]

A young lady with silver hair and green eyes, wearing a black one-piece bathing suit strolls along the beach up to the party. She looks a little surprised at the merriment going on at the beach, and frowns as she clearly tries to figure out what's going on and who all is here.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

[Bar]

Keiko smiles

I didn't say anything about the quality of the comparison, just that it upset her. I could totally see myself offending someone by comparing them to stuff about my dad, for instance, and while I meant it as a compliment it would not at all be taken that way so it makes total sense to me.

Come to think of it, at one point she was a little afraid she had offended Cleo by waxing too complimentary about Leah.
    She looks thoughtful

So... since you got in a fight instead of doing poems at each other, I'm taking it your actual relative hooked up with that guy? That sounds like the making of a dramatic story there, yeah.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Drunk Fox Texting
    Oblivious to Tristan's concern, Jade lies back down on her towel and relaxes. Similarly oblivious to the fact that he's driving right now, she texts him,
    haha i'm pink now that's eeird but its supet cuyr
    The message is accompanied by a blurry photo of her tails, but because of the bad lighting, it's hard to tell what color they are.
    She lies there for a good 30 seconds before she finally realizes, she's bored. She looks around at the glowing waters and the moon high above, and is overcome by an urge. She sits up, opens her mouth, and...
    "Awooooooooo!"
    She's completely unaware that this is rather strange behavior for her, or that all the noise she's making might bother other people.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Goblins]

Another guest arrives at the party. Olvisin would normally feel uncomfortable on a beach party. Too much sun even to her surface-adapted eyes. A nighttime beach party is another thing. The goblins' yellow eyes gleam in the bonfire-lit twilight. She opted to go for a fairly modest one-piece suit and is carrying a towel and large bag with her. She did grow up by the seaside, but beach parties, or beaches in general, aren't something she's overly familiar with. Visiting a beach with Chidi on their date does help a little. She starts wandering to find a good place to lay down her towel.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

[Drunk Fox Texting]

When the woman hears Jade's howl, she goes from a relaxed stroll to a full run, looking panicked as she searches for the source and seems almost ready to fight as she runs towards the sound.

14. - Top - End - #44

Surf
    At Khannie's bidding, Achuak lets his jelly go. He laughs at Arthfael's complaints, but it's a bit of a strange, forced sound. His kind don't really do that. "They're safe, they wouldn't hurt anyone."
    Not far off in the surf, a large one opens its maw and swallows a slightly smaller one whole. "Maybe not."
    [Surf]

"They don't sting how would you get hives?" Khannie asks, puzzled.

Do vampires even GET hives?

She has no idea.

"They're just little glowing blobs they're harmless."

Then one of the larger ones just sorta hinges open and swallows the jelly Khannie had accidentally inured. Whoops.

"Uh... I guess they aren't harmless to each other?" she mutters. She leans down in the water for a closer look. "So there are the little ones that are probably eating stuff in the water and the big ones are eating the little ones."

That's how sea life works!

Big things eat smaller things!

"Here just watch them a bit, they're cool see? You can touch them just don't pick them up out of the water," Khannie says as she reaches into the water and pokes one of the jellies. It backs up, turns to the side a bit, and then begins scooting forward again- right into Khannie's hand. "Haha, you can herd them."
    [Surf]

"I mean, sure, maybe they don't sting, but there's a bunch of other things they do in the water here. Like poop."

Thanks for that, Arthfael.

...Still. Khannie and Achuak were having fun playing with the jellies. Maybe he could try it.

Arthfael dips his hands into the water and reached for one of the jellies, but pulls his hand back at the last second. Ugh. These things were so gross.

Then he sees that the draft from him pulling his hand back had caused the jelly to come toward him. "Gah!" He recoils, splashing the water to get it away and likely spritzing Khannie and Achuak in the process.

"Whoo! Go get 'em, Arth!" Siana calls from the beach, entirely misreading the situation and providing entirely too much encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionbound View Post
    [Walk-Up]

A young lady with silver hair and green eyes, wearing a black one-piece bathing suit strolls along the beach up to the party. She looks a little surprised at the merriment going on at the beach, and frowns as she clearly tries to figure out what's going on and who all is here.
    [Walk-Up]

"All right, you guys in?" Miranda asks her colleagues.

Rose smirks. "I've been waiting all summer to punt you in the face with a volleyball. Heck yeah, I'm in."

Miranda sighs and shrugs. Yeah, okay. She'd take what she could get. "Vlad? How about you?"

"Hm?" Vlad looks up from Rose's swimsuit. "Oh. Yeah. Totally."

"Great. So that just leaves Kl-"

"Nope." Klaus interrupts. "Tonight, I'm just going to be admiring the water with a drink in my hand. No volleyball for me."

Well, perfect. Where were they supposed to get a fourth player now?

Right on cue, this lady in a black swimsuit walks by. She looks fit enough.

Miranda walks up to her with a friendly smile. "Hey there!" She greets. "You don't know me, but... my friends and I were hoping to play some volleyball, and we're one short. Would you be interested?"

[Bar]

Keiko smiles

I didn't say anything about the quality of the comparison, just that it upset her. I could totally see myself offending someone by comparing them to stuff about my dad, for instance, and while I meant it as a compliment it would not at all be taken that way so it makes total sense to me.

Come to think of it, at one point she was a little afraid she had offended Cleo by waxing too complimentary about Leah.
    She looks thoughtful

So... since you got in a fight instead of doing poems at each other, I'm taking it your actual relative hooked up with that guy? That sounds like the making of a dramatic story there, yeah.
    [Bar]

"That's not..." Braeg sighs. "You misunderstand. When a fiendling woman concieves, all the men who were involved with her within the appropriate time frame are considered to be brothers for the purposes of tracking genealogy, and no one of them are named the father unless there is only one candidate. So, in my niece's example, myself, Fuath, Thoil, and Kane of Sangrosse are all potentially her father. No matter who it actually is, it would be accurate for us to refer to her as our niece, and her to refer to us as her uncles." He gives a little "there, see?" gesture before continuing. "Her mother, Coir, was a lover to myself and Fuath and Thoil, and was abducted during the great Witch Hunts. I learned the knight in charge of that raid was none other than Sir Kane, the man my niece considered to be her father. Coir was already dead when I tracked Kane down and took my revenge; I didn't know there was a child with them until she screamed out for him." He shrugs. "Which was after the beheading in question, obviously."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-08-18 at 07:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

[Bar]

Keiko looks around at the noise, then sees the pink person howling

Uh... I think she's had enough to drink now.

The unnamed woman running in reminds Keiko of someone

There was once a ... Helen, I think it was. Been a while. Probably unrelated, though.

She turns back to Braeg with a wince

Ooof! Yeah, that sort of set up is very familiar to me.

If you go spend four years in a Yinglet Enclave, you learn a great deal about alternate geneologies.

Sorry to hear that... I can see how she'd be upset, though, but there's just no good way around that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2021-08-18 at 06:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

[Running in the Beach]

The woman waves and replies as she runs by, "Talk in a sec! Gotta deal with the werewolf situation first!" The perceptive watcher might notice that her fingernails have taken on a talon-like look and that there are white feathers in her hair that weren't there a moment ago.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Bar]

Well, it was fair for Keiko to worry about. Leah and Cleo didn't always get along so well.

Not that this adds up to trusting Braeg. The rhyme-curse could still have a lot of valid points.
    "So she could well be your daughter, I mean, but your family system puts distance between a child and their male relatives. What a situation."
    Or Braeg could have killed her actual father over things that happened before she was born. Apparently they didn't stand to explain their grievances before a fight to the death / execution.

Anchor looks over at the woman running by.
    "I don't see the resemblance."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Bar

"...Are you OK, Eun? Is that your first drink?" Felicity frowns, a little concerned. She's not drinking alcohol because, whilst she's pretty sure she can, she is flammable and getting drunk probably isn't a good idea when there's naked flame right over there, and over there, and over there.

Elsewhere

Jack bends over and reaches for her shadow, and offers it... Well, not stability; Jack's basically homeless, but familiarity, and adventures that are perhaps less risky to life and shadow than Anchor's. Though if the shadow accepts, and comes back, well... It's been with Anchor and her own shadow for over a year, it's not going to settle all the way down again, and continue to explore and wander off.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Drunk Fox Howling

The woman worried about werewolves will not find a wolf at all. A very tipsy and very pink nine-tailed fox girl is the one doing the howling. She's only mildly surprised someone took notice. "Oh! Hi! Wow your handsh look funny!" She staggers to her feet from the towel she was kneeling on. "The shtarsh are nische tonight. I jusht wish they shtop shpinning. I'm Jade."

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #50

[Bar]

[Bar]

Keiko looks around at the noise, then sees the pink person howling

Uh... I think she's had enough to drink now.

The unnamed woman running in reminds Keiko of someone

There was once a ... Helen, I think it was. Been a while. Probably unrelated, though.

She turns back to Braeg with a wince

Ooof! Yeah, that sort of set up is very familiar to me.

If you go spend four years in a Yinglet Enclave, you learn a great deal about alternate geneologies.

Sorry to hear that... I can see how she'd be upset, though, but there's just no good way around that sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Well, it was fair for Keiko to worry about. Leah and Cleo didn't always get along so well.

Not that this adds up to trusting Braeg. The rhyme-curse could still have a lot of valid points.
    "So she could well be your daughter, I mean, but your family system puts distance between a child and their male relatives. What a situation."
    Or Braeg could have killed her actual father over things that happened before she was born. Apparently they didn't stand to explain their grievances before a fight to the death / execution.

Anchor looks over at the woman running by.
    "I don't see the resemblance."
    "In so many words, yes." Braeg replies with a smile, leaning over to Keiko. "Now, you see what I meant by 'technically true, but very misleading'?" He laughs and gives her a little side-hug.

"So, you say that's familiar?" He asks, relinquishing control of the conversation to Keiko. "Some knots in your own family tree?"

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Bar

"...Are you OK, Eun? Is that your first drink?" Felicity frowns, a little concerned. She's not drinking alcohol because, whilst she's pretty sure she can, she is flammable and getting drunk probably isn't a good idea when there's naked flame right over there, and over there, and over there.
    "...yes." Eun manages to say, punctuating the terse statement with a quick swig. She knew better than to get blackout drunk in public again, so she'd set a hard maximum for herself; no more than three drinks of any kind, period, no ifs, ands, or buts. It wasn't like she needed to be inebriated to make an ass of herself, either.

"To both, I mean. I'm fine, and this is my first." Eun stares at the empty glass and lets out a little sigh. Damn. She remembered these going a little further.

Eun abruptly sighs and drops into her hands. "No, I'm not." she moans. "Why do people have to be so loud?" She presses her headphones against her ears, which apparently weren't doing a good job of blocking out all the noise of the party. Why did she agree to come anyway? She hates crowds.

Oh, right.

But Klaus left already.

Eun groans again. The rest of the night was going to be awful.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

[Drunk Fox Howling]

The woman skids to a stop as she sees the very drunk, very pink foxgirl, and sighs with relief, "Oh! Okay. I see, I uh..." She gives Jade a weak smile, and adds, "Sorry to bother you. I-I just, y'know, heard the howling and just got a little worried." When Jade mentions her hand, she takes a second and looks at it now growing yellow scales and suddenly looks very embarrassed, "I, uh...I'll just be leaving now." She holds the hand behind her back and takes a couple steps back, taking a deep breath as she gets back control of the bird within.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2021-08-18 at 08:45 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Drunk Fox Apologizing
    Jade must realize that she offended with the hands comment because a guilty look plasters itself across her face. "I'm shorry! I didn't mean to shay that, the wordsh jusht came out like bubblesh! I feel sho full of bubblesh tonight, like shomebody filled me with shoda and shook me up!" She doesn't stay focused on the apology for long. "I never caught your name! Have you sheen my boyfriend? He shaid he wash coming here." The fact that the were-eagle has no way of knowing who Jade's boyfriend is doesn't even occur to her.

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

[Embarrassed Birb Apologizing]

The woman looks up from her focus, and back down at her hand, which has return to (mostly) human-normal coloration and texture. She gives Jade a weak smile and replies, "I-It's fine. I'm sorry I ran at you like that I just thought..." She shakes her head and a couple white feathers fly loose, "Never mind, don't worry about what I thought. My name's Clarissa." She thinks about Jade's question about her boyfriend, and shakes her head, "Haven't seen him, sorry. I...Honestly didn't even know a party like this was happening. I just like to walk along the beach at night."

24. - Top - End - #54

[Surf]

"Poop gets eaten by smaller ocean critters don't be a wuss," Khannie retorts as she momentarily pauses harassing one of the comb jellies to be cross at Arthfael.

This means she looked up just in time to get splashed in the face with phosphorescent water.

She looks momentarily shocked at first, but that quickly gives way to an expression of grim resolve.

"Oh it's ON now!" she yells, cupping her hands together to get a nice big scoop of glowing water and hurls it at the vampire! "Take THAT!"

Wow.

That actually looked really cool! Like a stream of weird blue lightning twisting through the air.

Don't vampires have issues with moving water? Apparently these ones don't. Khannie really doesn't know much about vampire rules since that hasn't ever been relevant to her. All she knows is that she's going to splash the heck out of Arthfael now.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Drunk Fox... Doing things
    "Itsh a nishe beash. Thash why we're having the party here. The watersh very pretty." Jade looks out over the glowing ocean and gives a very small "Awoo." She stops, sniffs the air, and looks around. "Are you hungry? I'm shtarving." She starts staggering towards the bar for some food.

Surf
    "Hahahahaha!" Achuak's watches the other kids antics until he's caught in one of Khannie's splashes. "Hey!" He flicks his tail across the water at Khannie, kicking up a nice large splash to hit her back.

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #56

[Surf]

"Poop gets eaten by smaller ocean critters don't be a wuss," Khannie retorts as she momentarily pauses harassing one of the comb jellies to be cross at Arthfael.

This means she looked up just in time to get splashed in the face with phosphorescent water.

She looks momentarily shocked at first, but that quickly gives way to an expression of grim resolve.

"Oh it's ON now!" she yells, cupping her hands together to get a nice big scoop of glowing water and hurls it at the vampire! "Take THAT!"

Wow.

That actually looked really cool! Like a stream of weird blue lightning twisting through the air.

Don't vampires have issues with moving water? Apparently these ones don't. Khannie really doesn't know much about vampire rules since that hasn't ever been relevant to her. All she knows is that she's going to splash the heck out of Arthfael now.
    Surf
    "Hahahahaha!" Achuak's watches the other kids antics until he's caught in one of Khannie's splashes. "Hey!" He flicks his tail across the water at Khannie, kicking up a nice large splash to hit her back.
    [Surf]

Ew.

Arthfael goes to comment on this, but stops as the glowing water goes flying toward him...

And for a moment, the world seems to go in slow motion.

Just... everything about this. It was perfect.

He saw the glowing water hanging in the air, splaying out like fingers toward him, the stars and firelight glinting off it playfully, a frozen jewel in the air right in front of him.

He saw Achuak slowly drawing the conclusion that a splash fight was imminent, bringing down his tail in escalation, shattering the rough glass veneer of the water.

But mostly?

He saw Khannie.

This wasn't just some kid playing pretend anymore. She was here, fully immersed in the moment. He could see that determined expression on her face, that mischievous glint in her eye that told him she was going to enjoy being here, splashing him with liquid light, just because.

And it was all real.

Arthfael needs a minute to take it all in. But he doesn't get a minute.

Arthfael tumbles back as the splashes hit him, knocking him just off-balance enough for the waves to do the rest, causing him to drop under the water with a hearty sploosh!

And just like that, that perfect moment was gone.

But maybe.

Just maybe.

He could make another one.

Arthfael grins and swims toward Khannie, grateful for once that he doesn't actually need to breathe anymore. When he gets close, he's going to surface and splash her but good.

---

Kyrie sighs and takes a seat next to Kothar, watching the kids play out on the beach. He gives a brisk little nod in greeting. "Your boy?" He asks, nodding toward Achuak.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

27. - Top - End - #57

[Surf]

Khannie has no epiphany of discovery. She doesn't suddenly feel a flutter in her stomach at the sight of a boy.

No, not in the least.

Mostly she just screeches when the tail-slap absolutely soaks her with glowing water.

Then, laughing like a fool, she hunkers down and begins shoveling handfuls of water at Achuak as quickly as she can manage.

This is a TON of fun.

She may or may not accidentally toss one of the comb jellies at the lizard lad, too. There are tons of them and some are pretty close to the surface.

That...

Probably won't be a great experience for the comb jelly. But that's what happens when you get a jelly bloom and there are playful children about.

Khannie is really, really glad that she came to the beach party. She's glad that she can just be around people without having to constantly worry about her disguise failing. Being an actual real human girl is pretty much the best.

Best.

Party.

EVER.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Drunk Fox... Doing things
    "Itsh a nishe beash. Thash why we're having the party here. The watersh very pretty." Jade looks out over the glowing ocean and gives a very small "Awoo." She stops, sniffs the air, and looks around. "Are you hungry? I'm shtarving." She starts staggering towards the bar for some food.
    Clarissa just gives Jade an awkward smile, "It is, yeah. I, uh, someone asked me to play volleyball so I'm going to go over and talk to them about it. You have fun at the bar!" She shakes her head and sighs as she walks away, thinking, Probably had too much fun already by the looks of it, but...Eh. as she looks for the woman who invited her to play volleyball earlier.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Surf

Zebes cheerily flaps his wings on Khannie's shoulder, letting her enjoy herself without him getting in the way.
    And without getting in.
    ESPECIALLY without getting in.
    Come to think of it, has Khannie ever seen Zebes swim?

Bar

Selekhael probably recognizes the oversized wolfen in the Hawaiian shirt approaching the bar.
    "Hello again, Miss. You got any specials tonight?" he asks casually.
    Maybe her drink ideas are less crazy than her dungeon-delving ones.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

30. - Top - End - #60

[Incoming]

A man is coming to the party as well. He looks at the party and lifts his sunglass to see better. A lot of familar faces around here, let's hope none recognizes him or at least makes no big deal out of it. He's not here for trouble, just a bit of relaxing with others. So he heads for the bar. One of those places you should be save especially when Trogs is involved.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK