New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Summer Beachparty Twenty Twenty One!

Bar
    "Uh, hi Codebreaker," Selekhael says, "There's no special, it's a party. What will you have?" At that moment, a very drunk, very pink nine-tailed fox girl slides up to the bar, likely bumping Codebreaker aside.. "I'll have..." "You've had enough to drink. Uh, weren't you red before?" "Yeah. Damnedesht thing.
    "Uh, sorry about that, Codebreaker, Uh, what did you want?"

Surf
    Achuak also has no sudden realization about girls. He had it a while ago. But also he's not interested in some squishy hairy mammal girl. There's a cute gecko down at the Temple of Bahamut he has a crush on.
    He cries out triumphantly when he soaks Khannie, then gasps in dismay when he's soaked back in turn. Laughing, he cavorts across a few waves around Khannie, unknowingly crossing into Arthfael's path.

Fire
    "Yes. Which is yours?" Kothar asks. There's no obvious family resemblance between the wolf-man and any of the children, but the Nexus is weird.
    Last edited by bc56; 2021-08-19 at 06:07 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Bar

Codebreaker stops to consider. What did he like? Have his tastes changed? Maybe he should try something besides his usual things. He used to hate fruity alcohol.

"Hmm. You got any of those funny fruity tropical drinks they always have at beach parties?"
    He smiles but it falls a little after a thought. "Just nothing with grape juice or caffeine I think that would kill me."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

by the bar

A slimegirl, the same one that was in Trog's earlier, has decided that she hasn't had enough social environment, so after hearing about a party she headed here.

The bar seems to be a pretty popular place, so she goes nearby.
    She looks translucent, blue but with interesting interactions with the lighting here, and has a red pattern on part of her surface.

She finds a place nearby and lies down.

in the water

There's a decent splash in the ocean, visible because of the glowing water.

A merbatgirlmaid goes into the water; she's here from Skyside because...well, she left something important near the shore and doesn't actually know which shore.

She surfaces and looks around.
    The most notable features she has is the mermaid tail and the large bat wings (plus she has arms with sharp claws, and sharp teeth, and pointy ears but those are less notable than her wings and mertail).

by the volleyball court

Venus is a redhaired lady with white flowers and yellow flower balls growing in her looong hair, and vines too, and purple cat eyes, and, most importantly, a deerbody like a centaur (except not as big). She's got a t-shirt on.

She's here mostly to enjoy the outdoors, while not having to think about dumb cultists.

Nearby, she lies down/sits to watch.

by a bonfire

Nearby one of the bonfires to use its light, the bogwitch (who is a cecaelia, with octopus tentacles such that it would make more sense for her to be a seawitch than a bogwitch) is here, setting up a little table.

She's here to test the differences that using bogwater versus seawater in potions, and if a dehydrated potion rehydrating using another kind of water has any specific effects.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #64

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Surf]

Khannie has no epiphany of discovery. She doesn't suddenly feel a flutter in her stomach at the sight of a boy.

No, not in the least.

Mostly she just screeches when the tail-slap absolutely soaks her with glowing water.

Then, laughing like a fool, she hunkers down and begins shoveling handfuls of water at Achuak as quickly as she can manage.

This is a TON of fun.

She may or may not accidentally toss one of the comb jellies at the lizard lad, too. There are tons of them and some are pretty close to the surface.

That...

Probably won't be a great experience for the comb jelly. But that's what happens when you get a jelly bloom and there are playful children about.

Khannie is really, really glad that she came to the beach party. She's glad that she can just be around people without having to constantly worry about her disguise failing. Being an actual real human girl is pretty much the best.

Best.

Party.

EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Surf
    Achuak also has no sudden realization about girls. He had it a while ago. But also he's not interested in some squishy hairy mammal girl. There's a cute gecko down at the Temple of Bahamut he has a crush on.
    He cries out triumphantly when he soaks Khannie, then gasps in dismay when he's soaked back in turn. Laughing, he cavorts across a few waves around Khannie, unknowingly crossing into Arthfael's path.
    [Surf]

So when Arthfael surfaces, hoping to get the drop on Khannie and spray her with a surprise attack, he instead finds himself way too close to Achuak; close enough to probably entangle him and end up falling back into the water with him with a startled yelp. Even if Achuak sees it coming, Arthfael will let out a startled yelp at the close call anyway. Either way, there will be yelping and Khannie will probably get splashed again.

Fire
    "Yes. Which is yours?" Kothar asks. There's no obvious family resemblance between the wolf-man and any of the children, but the Nexus is weird.
    [Fire]

"Three." Kyrie corrects. "That boy there in the water. That girl there with the leg problem watching them. And that one up the beach, there." He says, pointing out Arthfael, Siana, and Owena in turn. "Their father is an old friend of mine. We fought in the war together."

Quote Originally Posted by Ionbound View Post
    Clarissa just gives Jade an awkward smile, "It is, yeah. I, uh, someone asked me to play volleyball so I'm going to go over and talk to them about it. You have fun at the bar!" She shakes her head and sighs as she walks away, thinking, Probably had too much fun already by the looks of it, but...Eh. as she looks for the woman who invited her to play volleyball earlier.
    [Volleyball - One Short]

Fortunately, the group is not hard to find back. Miranda greets Clarissa as she approaches. "Hey again. Thanks in advance for this, a party just isn't a party without games, is it?"

"So, now we just need to pick teams..." Vlad begins.

"Oh, I am definitely going to be on the opposite team of Cortez." Rose says, giving Miranda a mischievous smirk.

"That... does sort of rule it down to one degree." Miranda concedes. "So, how about it? Any idea which team you'd prefer?"

Physically, Miranda looks like she'd have the advantage; she's taller and much better-toned. On the other hand, with the way Vlad's ogling Rose, if Clarissa decides to pair up with the shorter girl, they'd probably end up effectively playing 2-on-1, and even as athletic as Miranda is, that's not an advantage she'd be able to overcome easily.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-08-19 at 07:50 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Bar

"Uh, is grog okay? Hot water, cinnamon, rum, and lime juice." Selekhael asks Codebreaker. But before she can get in an answer, the pink fox butts in again. "But bartender, I didn't want any drinksh!" "Uh, please wait your turn, I'm helping someone else." She smiles sheepishly at Codebreaker. "Uh, sorry about that. She's had a bit to much to drink." Selekhael feels like something's off. Didn't she only give that woman a single pina colada? She must be really bad at holding her alcohol.

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Bar

"Do you want to go down the beach a bit, so we're further from the noise? I'll carry your drink, you don't have to worry about spilling it. And If I spill it, I'll replace it." Felicity points in a direction away from drunk foxes and into the darkness, which is possibly not the best choice but better than staying here. Besides, Felicity is sure she can defend herself from any weirdoes that might be lurking out there.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Bar

Codebreaker shrugs.
    "Yeah, sure. Sounds good to me." He lets his (single) tail wave as he scoots a liiiiittle bit away from the drunk fox. Oh geez, she stinks of fox with all those tails.

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Bar

"Do you want to go down the beach a bit, so we're further from the noise? I'll carry your drink, you don't have to worry about spilling it. And If I spill it, I'll replace it." Felicity points in a direction away from drunk foxes and into the darkness, which is possibly not the best choice but better than staying here. Besides, Felicity is sure she can defend herself from any weirdoes that might be lurking out there.
    [Bar]

Eun takes a minute to consider Felicity's proposal. On the one hand, that would leave her and Felicity alone, and things were still a bit... awkward, to put it mildly. On the other hand, that awkwardness wasn't going to go away if they stayed up here with everyone else, and... who was she kidding, being this close to a beach party was an ungodly assault on the senses. Plus, Felicity was being really nice about this. It wasn't likely to remain awkward for long.

"...Okay." She says finally, standing up and taking the rum with her. Besides, dark was good. Dark and quiet. That would be relaxing for her, at least in comparison.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

[Volleyball - None Short]

Clarissa considers her options for a moment, then sides with the less athletic side, "Sorry, but I think I'm gonna take the side against you. Make it more fair, y'know?" clearly confident in her own athletic ability, borne out by her own lithe, 5'10" build.

10. - Top - End - #70

[Volleyball]

"Yeah-hah, welcome to team awesome!" Rose greets Clarissa with a fist-bump. "We're gonna stomp these jokers, aren't we? Then we're gonna go get some drinks and some of the more ab-y guys and we're gonna party, because we are awesome."

Miranda shrugs. "Okay, Verdoyant. But I think you'll find stomping us isn't going to be as easy as you think." She nods to Vlad. "Your serve."

"...Vlad?"

The large man seems to have spaced out, now standing on the opposite side of the net from two gorgeous women in swimsuits, and a little out of it as a result. "Humana humana humana..."

"Vlad. Any time today would be nice." Miranda says with a forced smile.

"Nah. By all means, take your time." Rose says, with a flirtish wink and an accompanying pose.

"Oh, for..." Miranda grabs the ball from Vlad and serves it herself, sending it sailing over the net.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-08-19 at 09:41 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Bar
    Selekhael pours out a glass of rum and lime juice, mixes in cinnamon and hot water from a kettle, and garnishes it with a lime slice. It's a recipe she knows fairly well, so.sje doesn't mess it up. "Here you go. One She's cut off. "I want a plate of burgsh." "You're being very rude. I wasn't finished yet. And you want a plate of borscht? Wouldn't a bowl be better?"

Fire
    "Dead? I sorry." Kothar manages awkwardly. "My mate also dead. Raise Achuak alone."

Surf
    "Hey watch it!" Achuak goes down with a mighty splash when Arthfael collides with him. "Haha, what was that for?" He spits water, laughs, and asks.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Surf]

Khannie decides that now is a good time to cheat while the boys are distracted from maybe tackling each other.

She sticks both hands under water and fashions a flimsy bubble of shadow magic with nothing more than a structural aspect to it. It looks like little more than a softball sized wire-frame of purple and black. Then she makes another. And another. And another. Until she has an armful of improvised water balloons.

With the boys distracted, Khannie hauls back and hurls one of the balloons first at Achuak (who is facing toward her) and then shortly there after at Arthfael.

Hopefully that second balloon will be chucked right as he turns around so it catches him in the face.

The shadow illusion is pretty tenuous, just durable enough to survive Khannie tossing it. Should it strike any remotely solid surface it'll burst, spraying luminescent water everywhere.

"Ha ha HAH! Take that! And that and that!"

Khannie keeps hurling balloons!

There's no stopping her!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

13. - Top - End - #73

Fire
    "Dead? I sorry." Kothar manages awkwardly. "My mate also dead. Raise Achuak alone."
    [Fire]

"Missing." Kyrie amends. "Their mother, too. Which... yes, means raising them alone for the time being." He gives Kothar a pained smile. "Your mate... a capable woman?"

Surf
    "Hey watch it!" Achuak goes down with a mighty splash when Arthfael collides with him. "Haha, what was that for?" He spits water, laughs, and asks.
    [Surf]

Khannie decides that now is a good time to cheat while the boys are distracted from maybe tackling each other.

She sticks both hands under water and fashions a flimsy bubble of shadow magic with nothing more than a structural aspect to it. It looks like little more than a softball sized wire-frame of purple and black. Then she makes another. And another. And another. Until she has an armful of improvised water balloons.

With the boys distracted, Khannie hauls back and hurls one of the balloons first at Achuak (who is facing toward her) and then shortly there after at Arthfael.

Hopefully that second balloon will be chucked right as he turns around so it catches him in the face.

The shadow illusion is pretty tenuous, just durable enough to survive Khannie tossing it. Should it strike any remotely solid surface it'll burst, spraying luminescent water everywhere.

"Ha ha HAH! Take that! And that and that!"

Khannie keeps hurling balloons!

There's no stopping her!
    [Surf]

Oh, no, not cheating!

Arthfael does indeed look up just in time to take a balloon full of seawater to the face. He had been about to apologize to Achuak for running into him, but now... well, now they just had to gang up on Khannie, right? No way they were going to let her get away with her balloom-based backstabbery!

Arthfael grins and nods meaningfully to Achuak before ducking under the water again, trying to swim around so he and Achuak were on opposite sides of Khannie. This girl wasn't going to know what hit her!

...Other than water. Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    in the water

There's a decent splash in the ocean, visible because of the glowing water.

A merbatgirlmaid goes into the water; she's here from Skyside because...well, she left something important near the shore and doesn't actually know which shore.

She surfaces and looks around.
    The most notable features she has is the mermaid tail and the large bat wings (plus she has arms with sharp claws, and sharp teeth, and pointy ears but those are less notable than her wings and mertail).
    [Near The Water]

True to his word, Klaus had taken up a seat near the ocean itself, root beer in one hand and a novel in the other. If he were working, he would be mingling with the other guests, listening for juicy tidbits of information he could later use. But no, tonight was for him, and he generally enjoyed such affairs most sincerely from afar.

As he goes to turn the page on his book, he sees a familiar-looking tail disappear under the water. Huh. Kind of surprising to see her here; last he heard, she was having a bit of trouble getting in and out of Skyside. But, if she's managed it and not announced any intent to leave his little band of misfits, then she was probably down here for something important.

Oh, well. He hadn't expected to work tonight, but cultivating good relations with his subordinates, especially on this sort of level, tended to make his "job" that much easier. With that, he sticks the book in his Hotbox, flushes it, downs the root beer, and prints off a rebreather, which he then puts in as he wades into the water in her direction, soaking his tuxedo. Not that it mattered; getting a new one was five minites' worth of effort.

"Evening, June." He says through the rebreather in a digitized voice as he gets close. "What brings you down here tonight?"
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-08-20 at 07:05 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    [Volleyball]

"Yeah-hah, welcome to team awesome!" Rose greets Clarissa with a fist-bump. "We're gonna stomp these jokers, aren't we? Then we're gonna go get some drinks and some of the more ab-y guys and we're gonna party, because we are awesome."

Miranda shrugs. "Okay, Verdoyant. But I think you'll find stomping us isn't going to be as easy as you think." She nods to Vlad. "Your serve."

"...Vlad?"

The large man seems to have spaced out, now standing on the opposite side of the net from two gorgeous women in swimsuits, and a little out of it as a result. "Humana humana humana..."

"Vlad. Any time today would be nice." Miranda says with a forced smile.

"Nah. By all means, take your time." Rose says, with a flirtish wink and an accompanying pose.

"Oh, for..." Miranda grabs the ball from Vlad and serves it herself, sending it sailing over the net.
    Clarissa nods to Rose, calling out, "I got it!" as she rushes towards the ball, getting under it to knock it up in the air in Rose's general direction.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Fire
    Kothar nods. "She was very good hunter. Strong, smart. Died protecting him." Kothar isn't capable of crying. But one might imagine his eyes misting up.

Surf
    "Cheater!" Achuak shouts at Khannie. He smashes his tail against the water again to make another large splash. "Play fair!" He's mostly serving to distract Khannie from Athfael's activities.

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Bar

Codebreaker gently takes the drink and drops a set of coins onto the table.
    "Thank you. Good luck." he mouths to her (though he forgets it's much harder to read lips on people with muzzles when you don't have one).
    And then he goes off to find somewhere to sip his drink.

17. - Top - End - #77

Clarissa nods to Rose, calling out, "I got it!" as she rushes towards the ball, getting under it to knock it up in the air in Rose's general direction.
    [Volleyball]

Rose jumps into the air and slaps the ball back over the net, toward Vlad, who is predictably still spacing out. It goes sailing over his shoulder and into the sand with a distinct fsh!

Miranda sighs and goes to retrieve the ball. "Hey, big guy. Gotta get your head in the game."

Vlad blinks groggily. "Er... right. Sorry, boss."

Miranda tosses the ball to Clarissa. "Your serve, miss." She says, with an apologetic smile. It can't be very much fun to only be playing against one person, right?

Fire
    Kothar nods. "She was very good hunter. Strong, smart. Died protecting him." Kothar isn't capable of crying. But one might imagine his eyes misting up.
    [Fire]

Kyrie nods slowly, giving a sympathetic smile. "...Always tough to lose someone you care about." He says, in what he hopes is a conciliatory tone.

...Maaaaybe it would be a good idea to change topics.

Kyrie glances over at Kothar again, sizing him up. "You a warrior?" The strigoi ex-knight asks. "You look the type."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

[Volleyball]

It's not, but on the other hand...Clarissa tosses the ball and slaps it over the net with a good bit of speed directly at Vlad, calling out, "Hey perv, head's up!" as she serves it with a jump over towards Miranda and Vlad's side.

19. - Top - End - #79

[Volleyball]

The ball goes flying towards Vlad's face, snapping him out of it enough that he slaps it aside instinctually. Fortunately, it's going in the right direction for Miranda to intercept it, slapping it up over the net toward Clarissa.

Well, behind Clarissa, really. Miranda is every bit as strong as she looks and the ball gets up there.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

20. - Top - End - #80
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Surf]

Khannie shrieks with laughter as Achuak blasts her with another tail-slap worth of water. She laughs so hard, in fact, that she drops one of her balloons and it begins bobbing away toward the shore carried along by luminous waves.

"It isn't cheating!" she retorts, wiping water out of her eyes with her forearm. Though her tone suggest that she isn't very serious about this argument. "Magic is in my blood! It's using what I've got! Is it cheating for you to splash me with your tail? NO! WAY!"

Punctuating those last two words, Khannie lobs another pair of balloons at the lizard lad.

"Is it cheating for Arthfael to take advantage of his VAMPIRE SWIMMING POWERS!?"

At that second question she whirls around and aims to pop a balloon right over Arthfael's head as he surfaces.

Khannie isn't really sure if this counts as swimming powers. Maybe he just swims like a normal kid does? That doesn't particularly matter to Khannie's argument. Nor does the fact that Arthfael is already soaking wet matter to her balloon counter-attack!

She will be victorious! And also have lots of fun.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

21. - Top - End - #81

Surf
    "Cheater!" Achuak shouts at Khannie. He smashes his tail against the water again to make another large splash. "Play fair!" He's mostly serving to distract Khannie from Athfael's activities.
    [Surf]

Khannie shrieks with laughter as Achuak blasts her with another tail-slap worth of water. She laughs so hard, in fact, that she drops one of her balloons and it begins bobbing away toward the shore carried along by luminous waves.

"It isn't cheating!" she retorts, wiping water out of her eyes with her forearm. Though her tone suggest that she isn't very serious about this argument. "Magic is in my blood! It's using what I've got! Is it cheating for you to splash me with your tail? NO! WAY!"

Punctuating those last two words, Khannie lobs another pair of balloons at the lizard lad.

"Is it cheating for Arthfael to take advantage of his VAMPIRE SWIMMING POWERS!?"

At that second question she whirls around and aims to pop a balloon right over Arthfael's head as he surfaces.

Khannie isn't really sure if this counts as swimming powers. Maybe he just swims like a normal kid does? That doesn't particularly matter to Khannie's argument. Nor does the fact that Arthfael is already soaking wet matter to her balloon counter-attack!

She will be victorious! And also have lots of fun.
    [Surf]

Arthfael does not properly hear this argument, of course, being underwater and all. And unfortunately for Khannie, what he had in mind was not surfacing again; instead, he swims right by her, and as he goes through, gives her ankle a firm tug, hoping to knock her off-balance.

Hey, if he and Achuak were already getting soaked, why not her, right?

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Bar --> Darker Beach

Felicity will take Eun's drink and walk away from the bar and fires, away to where it's darker and quieter. "Here good?" They're far enough away that the sounds of the playing children, games and so on are muffled considerably, and they're maybe not in the light of the fire any more. But Felicity can probably change that quite quickly, given she's so flammable.

23. - Top - End - #83

[Darker Beach]

Eun pulls off her headphones, now that it's a little quieter, and rubs her ears tenderly, wincing a little. "...Yeah. Loads better." She admits.

She's not wrong. This far from the fires, the beach is peacefully illumed by the moon and stars overhead, and the only noticeable background noise is the gentle back-and-forth of the ocean rolling against the shore. It's peaceful and quiet here. Maybe even a little romantic. Eun takes a minute to just drink it all in, letting out a contented sigh.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

[Bar]

One very small person approaches the bar. Olvisin decided that in absence of any better ideas, she might as well start off with something to eat. After all, what is a party without unhealthy food made on the spot? It's not just about the taste, it's about the experience.

"Hi, uh, can I get a burger?" she asks, peering up at Selekhael.

[Bonfires]

Someone else has turned up at the party. It's one of MERC's several tiefling, Fayyaad. He's dressed in a pair of simple swimming trunks, but the bag he brought with him seems to suggest he's got some other plans. For now he's wandering the area around the bonfires, as if planning something.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

[Volleyball]

Clarissa almost starts to backpedal, realizes that she probably won't get to the ball, and runs forwards, hoping that Rose will be able to lay it up to her for a spike.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Firbolg in the Playground

Elsewhere
    Jack bends over and reaches for her shadow, and offers it... Well, not stability; Jack's basically homeless, but familiarity, and adventures that are perhaps less risky to life and shadow than Anchor's. Though if the shadow accepts, and comes back, well... It's been with Anchor and her own shadow for over a year, it's not going to settle all the way down again, and continue to explore and wander off.
    Jack's shadow swirls around and settles back on the opposite side of Jack from the fire, right where you'd expect it to be.
    But just like Jack doesn't settle down in one place, I don't expect that it will stay with her for too long this time.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Bar
    "One burger, coming right up. I'll have the borscht for you in a minute, miss." Selekhael directs the second comment at the very drunk, very pink nine-tailed fox girl leaning heavily against the bar next to Olvisin.
    True to her word, she has a hamburger ready in a moment. "What would you like on it?"
    The aforementioned pink fox's mouth waters at the sight of the juicy hamburger. She whines, "The barmaid won lishen to me. I wan burgsh too."

Fire
    "I am holy warrior. Chosen by goddess to protect." Kothar explains in his broken Common. "Began after mate died."

Surf
    "No! Because they're not magic!" Achuak counters, "Magic is always cheater-y!" He repeats his tail splash against Khannie.
    Last edited by bc56; 2021-08-20 at 07:07 PM.

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #88

[Volleyball]

Clarissa almost starts to backpedal, realizes that she probably won't get to the ball, and runs forwards, hoping that Rose will be able to lay it up to her for a spike.
    [Volleyball]

Fortunately, Rose was already standing a little further back and manages to do just that, bumping it overhead for Clarissa to follow up on.

Vlad's still staring and Miranda is still near the back of the other side of the court. A spike would definitely result in a point for their team.

Fire
    "I am holy warrior. Chosen by goddess to protect." Kothar explains in his broken Common. "Began after mate died."
    [Fire]

"I thought so. You've got that look in your eye." Kyrie extends his hand in greeting, realzing at this point that they'd never actually exchanged names... apparently, discussing dead spouses came first. "Sir Kyrie of Redmont, Knight to Lady Skuld Dragonbane, servant of Absum."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Darker Beach

Felicity takes a sip of her lemonade. "How're you settling in at Vigil? Found your lab OK?" Although Felicity is glad that Eun walked into hers and potentially saved her from Lapis' pocket star, Eun was trying to find her own lab and got lost. Felicity sits on the sand and leans back a little, wiggling to make the beach more comfortable.

Elsewhere

Jack sighs when her shadow settles back into position and looks at it whilst moving her arms, to see if it follows. It... probably does, but it might not when Jack turns and heads toward the bar.

30. - Top - End - #90

Darker Beach

Felicity takes a sip of her lemonade. "How're you settling in at Vigil? Found your lab OK?" Although Felicity is glad that Eun walked into hers and potentially saved her from Lapis' pocket star, Eun was trying to find her own lab and got lost. Felicity sits on the sand and leans back a little, wiggling to make the beach more comfortable.
    [Darker Beach]

"Huh? Oh, yeah, yeah..." Eun clears her throat awkwardly. "Yeah, I found my lab. Someone thought it would be funny if my Spatial Anomalies lab was, itself, a spatial anomaly." She sighs. "So after finding my lab on floor 8.3, I then proceeded to get lost in it." She gives Felicity a look between a smirk and a frown. Somehow.

She looks over at Felicity and tries to figure out what to do about this sitting situation. There was no way she was going to sit directly on the sand, she'd be fishing out tiny grains of silicon for weeks. She considers putting down her lab coat as an improvized towel, but... that was her coat, and she felt exposed without it. If she were thinking entirely clearly, she'd just print a towel then and there, but... well, Felicity seemed to have that effect on her.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]