New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Summer Beachparty Twenty Twenty One!

[Bar]

Keiko also looks around to see if anyone else wants to comment on the poem, but she's secretly thrilled since "eliminated in the first round" is a more usual outcome for her poetic attempts.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2021-08-23 at 08:33 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Volleyball

Mishnehel turns to Zefir and smiles. "No, I'm just watching right now. I don't know the rules. Why, are you interested in a game?"

((I'm guessing you misspelt 'shirt' there, Zefir. It fell afoul of the forum filter.))
    Volleyball

((Yeah I assume a typo which leaded to a banned word. I can't even tell what it might be))

"A bit. I'm here alone so i rather look for someon to talk." he says. "I think I know the basic rules, unless there are any Nexus rules. I haven't been to a beach latly."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Fire]

Khannie frowns at the vampire kid.

"You don't have to be a jerk about *everything* Arthfael,"
    she chides.

What the heck was his problem, anyway?

Why was he always so grumpy about everything?

She's been trying to be nice and help him feel included and it's like-

Most of it just gets thrown right back in her face!

As far as she's concerned he's on thin ice and in danger of getting ditched.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Fire
    Achuak looks a little irritated. "How was I supposed to know that's what you wanted me to say? You asked what it felt like, and I told you. It was wet!" Clearly what we have here is a failure to communicate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Fire]

Khannie frowns at the vampire kid.

"You don't have to be a jerk about *everything* Arthfael,"
    she chides.

What the heck was his problem, anyway?

Why was he always so grumpy about everything?

She's been trying to be nice and help him feel included and it's like-

Most of it just gets thrown right back in her face!

As far as she's concerned he's on thin ice and in danger of getting ditched.
    [Fire]

"Now you lis-"

"Hey, kiddos." A tall, dark-haired almost-woman interrupts her little brother, holding a quartet of sundaes. "What're you doing?"

Arthfael turns away, grimacing. Oh, no. Not Owena. She was gonna ruin everything.

"You guys know they're giving out ice cream further up the beach?" She says, pointing out the cart in question. "And... oh, my." She gives Khannie a friendly smile. "You must be Khannie! I've heard so much about you!"

"No she hasn't! She's heard nothing!" Arthfael blurts hastily.

"Oh, sure! I swear, Arth's always talking about you. And a few other kids." Owena hands her one of the sundaes. "It's nice to see my little brother making friends. It always seems to be so hard for him..."
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Fire
    Achuak gives Arthfael a look and the lizardy equivalent of a snicker.
    But he's not going to say anything... Yet.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

[Burger Theft]

The fox goes scampering off across the party site with the burger in her mouth, making muffled happy fox noises and struggling to walk in a straight line. She won't be too hard to catch, but she'll lead Olvisin on a merry chase first.

The moral of this story?
    Don't trust a fox not to steal your food.
    Olvisin is obviously not going to eat the burger even if she retrieves it. Not after Jade held it in her mouth for a while. But it's still a matter of principle. The partygoers will be treated to the sight of a goblin chasing a fox all over the place for a while.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #157

[In the Water]

"I think it's made out of silver, which means I doubt a radioactive scan will help, and I find it hard to imagine what kind of setup and safety features you'd have to do to get a large-scale MRI..." she says. Maybe with some fancy magic or sci-fi tech it could be done, but not even knowing which beach to narrow it down on makes it seem too large of a problem to feasibly tackle this way.

June leans her head back into the water, looking up at the sky.

"Maybe if I could narrow down which beach it was on, it would seem moderately feasible to find by scanning."
    She sighs.
    "Was literally shortly after I got here so I have no idea where anything was. There was an island with a fisherman, and then a port town, and then a couple other towns that I might recognize if I saw them, and a pretty large river, too. The place where it is is within walking distance of a river. Problem is, the I somehow ended up offending or something the only person who agreed to show me around and she ditched me in the middle of the ocean with no idea what anything was. Didn't even have a compass or questlog or whatever like she did. So...I dunno. It's been several months now and every day that passes is just another chance that a storm or an animal or a lucky kid ended up taking it."

Meanwhile
    on shore

Venus ends up lying down, and leans her head back to look at the foxy burger thief and its chaser.
    Huh
    Pretty random, she thinks.
    Kinda makes her want a burger now, too.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Pixie in the Playground

[Bar]

Keiko decides that's quite long enough of a pause, if anyone was going to challenge Leah (lucky for them all they didn't!)

Yay! A draw! That's the best I've ever done!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Bar

"Yeah, I did. Well, mostly. I really upset this scientist lady who arrived in a scuttle that crashed through the wall of Trog's when she noticed it was missing. She's fine now though, and I think I saw her here, but... not where she went." Eun's elsewhere now, and probably wouldn't appreciate meeting Anchor anyway. She's not keen on parties.

Darker Beach

"Some people like being touched. There's really huggy people out there, though fortunately I don't think any work with us in Vigil. Not directly." Anika might count, though! "Statuette was quite huggy, actually. She worked with Professor Payne, one of his guards, paying off their serum. She can transmute her body into nonorganic materials by touching them and keep moving, using internal molecular psychokinesis I think. I didn't get much chance to study exactly how she could walk around when her whole body was apparently solid concrete." A far more useful power than Felicity's, to an extent at least. Her hugs also could be quite uncomfortable. "If you mean didn't know you dislike being touched, no, people won't know. Unless you tell them, I mean. I'm... not as huggy as Statuette, but I wouldn't freeze like that either."

Felicity does smile at that last comment. "Yeah, we should. The sea here is beautiful."

Volleyball

((I was guessing 'shirt' because that's a letter away from a word that I think gets censored.))

"I have, but there were pirates and not enough time to play beach volleyball." Although maybe Mishnehel should have asked Lapis or Selekhael if they played. "All I know is there's two people on each side of the net and they're tossing the ball between them. I don't know how it's scored, or what's penalised or forbidden, or anything. All I know is what I've seen here- I don't even know what this game is called." She didn't have much time to learn how to play games, back before her ascension.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Burger Theft]

Olvisin is obviously not going to eat the burger even if she retrieves it. Not after Jade held it in her mouth for a while. But it's still a matter of principle. The partygoers will be treated to the sight of a goblin chasing a fox all over the place for a while.
    [Yakety Chase Sequence]

Siana looks up from her moonbathing as the two run by and gives Olvisin a friendly wave, recognizing her but not going out of her way to try to chase down the fox. Not after her last attempt at capturing a small quadrupedal mammal.

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [In the Water]

"I think it's made out of silver, which means I doubt a radioactive scan will help, and I find it hard to imagine what kind of setup and safety features you'd have to do to get a large-scale MRI..." she says. Maybe with some fancy magic or sci-fi tech it could be done, but not even knowing which beach to narrow it down on makes it seem too large of a problem to feasibly tackle this way.

June leans her head back into the water, looking up at the sky.

"Maybe if I could narrow down which beach it was on, it would seem moderately feasible to find by scanning."
    She sighs.
    "Was literally shortly after I got here so I have no idea where anything was. There was an island with a fisherman, and then a port town, and then a couple other towns that I might recognize if I saw them, and a pretty large river, too. The place where it is is within walking distance of a river. Problem is, the I somehow ended up offending or something the only person who agreed to show me around and she ditched me in the middle of the ocean with no idea what anything was. Didn't even have a compass or questlog or whatever like she did. So...I dunno. It's been several months now and every day that passes is just another chance that a storm or an animal or a lucky kid ended up taking it."
    [In The Water]

"A cold trail." Klaus summarizes. "We could set up a series of probes to scan the coastline. It would only take me about an hour to set up, and would free up some of your time to enjoy the wonderful party on the beach." He shrugs, which is much harder than it looks like it should be underwater. "Absolute worst case scenario is that we find out your tiara isn't anywhere around here, in which case you'll know by the end of the night instead of the end of the week."

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Bar]

Keiko decides that's quite long enough of a pause, if anyone was going to challenge Leah (lucky for them all they didn't!)

[Bar]

Oh, no. A draw. That had to be the worst he'd ever done.

Braeg smiles and pats Keiko on the back. "Well done. Very well done." He says with a chuckle. "Unfortunately, it doesn't look like anyone else is interested in Cath Fili. Which is a shame. I don't know about you, but I rather enjoyed the stretch.

Darker Beach

"Some people like being touched. There's really huggy people out there, though fortunately I don't think any work with us in Vigil. Not directly." Anika might count, though! "Statuette was quite huggy, actually. She worked with Professor Payne, one of his guards, paying off their serum. She can transmute her body into nonorganic materials by touching them and keep moving, using internal molecular psychokinesis I think. I didn't get much chance to study exactly how she could walk around when her whole body was apparently solid concrete." A far more useful power than Felicity's, to an extent at least. Her hugs also could be quite uncomfortable. "If you mean didn't know you dislike being touched, no, people won't know. Unless you tell them, I mean. I'm... not as huggy as Statuette, but I wouldn't freeze like that either."

Felicity does smile at that last comment. "Yeah, we should. The sea here is beautiful."
    [Darker Beach]

Eun sighs and bobs her head to the side a little, internally conceding that, yeah, there were some people who liked being touched and hugged and such. She had to admit, sometimes it felt nice for her, too. Just... not with strangers. Or anyone stranger-adjacent.

Although, now that Felicity had started her along that other line of thought, it didn't take long for her to start wondering about a mostly-inexplicable feat of science they'd sort of glossed over before. "So... you said you used to make serums?" She prompts.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-08-25 at 09:47 AM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

[Bar]

Keiko nods

That was fun, yes. And yeah: it is so very hard to get people around here to participate in anything poetry related. Poor Myobi hardly ever gets any takers for her Full Moon contests. And this month it will be "Summer" - it's hard to get easier than the basic season ones.

she looks thoughtful

I think the nobles back home mostly are the "duel to first blood" sort of thing. I'm not entirely sure, but the Arms Master had a lot of things that I had to learn that just don't seem all that practical in an actual fight.
    But I'm a royal princess... nobody would ever dare challenge me, anyway. Not to say I couldn't get in trouble: all someone has to do is go tell Dad or Tammy.

And if Braeg remembers the conversation Keiko was having with Khannie about getting grounded, this would seem to be a fairly common occurrance.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2021-08-25 at 09:37 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162

[Fire]

"They have ice cream too? That's cool! But I guess Arthfael won't want any since he can't enjoy anything."

Nothing.

Ever.

It's just terrible.

Oh hey look at Arthfael squirming.

A wide smile slowly creeps across Khannie face.

"Yeah, I'm Khannie! What sort of nothing have you heard about me?" she asks Arthfael's big sister.

Hooo boy this was going to be fun.

13. - Top - End - #163

[Bar]

Keiko nods

That was fun, yes. And yeah: it is so very hard to get people around here to participate in anything poetry related. Poor Myobi hardly ever gets any takers for her Full Moon contests. And this month it will be "Summer" - it's hard to get easier than the basic season ones.

she looks thoughtful

I think the nobles back home mostly are the "duel to first blood" sort of thing. I'm not entirely sure, but the Arms Master had a lot of things that I had to learn that just don't seem all that practical in an actual fight.
    But I'm a royal princess... nobody would ever dare challenge me, anyway. Not to say I couldn't get in trouble: all someone has to do is go tell Dad or Tammy.

And if Braeg remembers the conversation Keiko was having with Khannie about getting grounded, this would seem to be a fairly common occurrance.
    [Bar]

"You have another contest at the Temple?" Braeg grins, stroking his beard. "Interesting... whereas I'm staying at the Temple anyway, I'll have to see about joining in the festivities."

Then he frowns at the bit about dueling. "Hmph. And they say we're uncivilized." He grumbles. "...We are, but that's beside the point."

Fire
    Achuak gives Arthfael a look and the lizardy equivalent of a snicker.
    But he's not going to say anything... Yet.
    [Fire]

"They have ice cream too? That's cool! But I guess Arthfael won't want any since he can't enjoy anything."

Nothing.

Ever.

It's just terrible.

Oh hey look at Arthfael squirming.

A wide smile slowly creeps across Khannie face.

"Yeah, I'm Khannie! What sort of nothing have you heard about me?" she asks Arthfael's big sister.

Hooo boy this was going to be fun.
    [Fire]

"Nothing!" Arthfael whines, although it's clear that's not going to slow either of them down.

Owena shrugs. "Oh, he can have it." She says, putting one of the sundaes firmly into Arthfael's hands. "He just can't put up with the consequences and would prefer not to enjoy himself because he's got a chronic case of jerkface."

"You've got a chronic case of jerkface!" Arthfael counters lamely.

Owena smirks and leans in to Khannie, whispering this part so that only she can hear:

"He actually thinks you're really cool. Smart, funny, good with numbers, all of that. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he likes you."

Owena leans back and goes to hand one of the remaining sundaes to Achuak, before realizing that might not be such a good idea; chilled food, especially a chilled dairy product, might not be ideal cuisine for a lizardboy...
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-08-25 at 12:20 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

Volleyball

((I was guessing 'shirt' because that's a letter away from a word that I think gets censored.))

"I have, but there were pirates and not enough time to play beach volleyball." Although maybe Mishnehel should have asked Lapis or Selekhael if they played. "All I know is there's two people on each side of the net and they're tossing the ball between them. I don't know how it's scored, or what's penalised or forbidden, or anything. All I know is what I've seen here- I don't even know what this game is called." She didn't have much time to learn how to play games, back before her ascension.
    Volleyball

"Volleyball." he says which schould clearly be the name of the game. "The basics I know are, you score if the ball touches the area you play in. If the ball lands anywhere outside it's a point for the other team. The ball belongs to the last team who touched it until someone else touches it or it get's to the ground. You can take the ball with every body part, but you can't touch it twice in a row and only 3 times befor an enemy must have touched it. I guess that sums up the raw basics."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Darker Beach

"Oh! Yeah, I... I'm not sure how it's all done, to be honest. Professor Payne kept a lot of it secret. I know how to make it, and many of the ingredients he used- extracts from all kinds of things, mandrake roots, triffid oil, pixie dust, and that sort of thing- but I don't know how he prepared or mixed the ingredients. I might be able to create a serum for you, if you want super powers. Professor Payne has... If he knows what each injection gives, more than just the most generic categories, he never let it slip. I won't be able to even insure it's a specific category, if I make one, and... they can react poorly with some individuals. I'd need to try it with some of your biological tissue to make sure it doesn't, y'know, kill you. Or worse." Felicity's power isn't great and can be frustrating, but also she's not dead and rarely wishes she was due to her power. Almost never, in fact.

Volleyball

"Sounds a bit more than raw basics, but OK. I'll maybe take part in a bit. I want to watch another game first, now I know the rules." Even the raw basics are better than none. "I think they're a man down, if you want to show me what you've got?" Mishnehel grins at Zefir, and gestures to the court.

16. - Top - End - #166

Volleyball

I guess those are the rules for the game there aren't many more? And i think it's hard to exclude anything since, but neither I or my char know more then a hobby player.

"My pleasure."
    he says with a grin and a slight bow.

Then he waves at the remaining players.

"Hey, you need another player?"

17. - Top - End - #167

[Burger Theft]

Yep.

This is exactly the time Tristan arrives.

Right as the young man steps out onto the beach a bright pink fox goes zipping past, shortly followed by a goblin.

Jade had sent a (poor) picture of a fox tail earlier. It was blurry and out of focus, but it was definitely pink.

No doubt this situation is going to require some very careful planning and-

Tristan will basically just take up position behind a salt-bleached log and leap out to grab Jade when she comes running past.

The fox will be given a stern look.

Stern!

[Fire]

Several very important things happen here.

First?

Khannie gets a sundae.

Second?

She gives a gasp of, "He LIKES me? Like, he LIKE likes me?" There's an underlying sense of shock here mostly because Khannie's BOYS! switch hasn't quite been flipped yet. Also? That exclamation was WAY louder than a whisper.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Pixie in the Playground

[Bar]

Keiko nods

Yep! Every month during the Full Moon party, and run by Myobi herself: she takes it very seriously. But... um... can't say I've ever participated in it, though. To be fair, it would be weird if i was the only one who put a poem in! Caroline always sits it out too, and guests tend to be to shy or something.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Burger Theft
    The pink fox, of course, is grabbed. She is very pink, but not many foxes have nine tails. It's definitely Jade. The burger falls from her mouth as she squirms in Tristan's grip. "Trishtan? Lemme go! Triiiishhtaaan!" She complains. She doesn't just sound drunk, her voice sounds strange. It sounds like someone played Jade's voice through a sparkly pink filter.
    Olvisin will have no trouble catching up to her when she is so held.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #170

Darker Beach

"Oh! Yeah, I... I'm not sure how it's all done, to be honest. Professor Payne kept a lot of it secret. I know how to make it, and many of the ingredients he used- extracts from all kinds of things, mandrake roots, triffid oil, pixie dust, and that sort of thing- but I don't know how he prepared or mixed the ingredients. I might be able to create a serum for you, if you want super powers. Professor Payne has... If he knows what each injection gives, more than just the most generic categories, he never let it slip. I won't be able to even insure it's a specific category, if I make one, and... they can react poorly with some individuals. I'd need to try it with some of your biological tissue to make sure it doesn't, y'know, kill you. Or worse." Felicity's power isn't great and can be frustrating, but also she's not dead and rarely wishes she was due to her power. Almost never, in fact.
    [Darker Beach]

Eun's eyes widen at the prospect. "What? No! God, no!" She shakes her head vehemently. "I mean... no offense, but that doesn't strike me as a worthwhile tradeoff; possible death, definite mutilation, hopefully something useful. No, I... I was wondering more about the hows and whys of it." Eun sets her Hotbox to one side and sits up, crossing her legs. "For instance... in order for you to have flammable everything, not only your composition, but your entire metabolism would have to change. Protein synthesis, digestion, cellular growth... it would all have to be changed in such a way as to create flammable susbtances without compromising essential bodily functions. That is a lot harder that it sounds like it should be. In order to do that, you'd... you'd pretty much have to design a whole new genome. So what I want to know is, how in the world did you manage it?"

Volleyball

"Sounds a bit more than raw basics, but OK. I'll maybe take part in a bit. I want to watch another game first, now I know the rules." Even the raw basics are better than none. "I think they're a man down, if you want to show me what you've got?" Mishnehel grins at Zefir, and gestures to the court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Volleyball

I guess those are the rules for the game there aren't many more? And i think it's hard to exclude anything since, but neither I or my char know more then a hobby player.

"My pleasure."
    he says with a grin and a slight bow.

Then he waves at the remaining players.

"Hey, you need another player?"
    [Volleyball]

"Two, actually." Miranda corrects. "Rose just ran off to do other things. Said something about 'hearing there's a totally hawt dude dancing around here somewhere' before she left, so I don't expect to see her again for the rest of the night."

"You're still welcome to join us." Vlad adds, with a friendly smile to Zefir and a way-too-friendly smile to Mishnehel.

[Bar]

Keiko nods

Yep! Every month during the Full Moon party, and run by Myobi herself: she takes it very seriously. But... um... can't say I've ever participated in it, though. To be fair, it would be weird if i was the only one who put a poem in! Caroline always sits it out too, and guests tend to be to shy or something.
    [Bar]

"Well, worry no more." Braeg chuckles. "If there's a poetry contest to be had, consider me a participant. Who knows, perhaps witnessing a challenger will shake things up a little. Drum up some more competitors, possibly."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-08-26 at 11:41 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Darker Beach

"The mutation isn't guaranteed. And they aren't all as... obvious as mine." Felicity is actually one of three Paynian supers I play with a mutation, not counting Statuette or Heavyhanded whose powers affect their bodies directly, and of those three Shocker's is only obvious when he uses his power. (Felicity's skin-colour wasn't always the ashy colour it is now.) "I chose to do this because... I was young, and stupid, and thought I might get telekinesis, or something useful, and to prove that I could make it. The how... Well, the ingredients are all supernatural stuff, and Professor Payne did a lot of the preparing it ready to be mixed and stuff. So, unfortunately, I don't know enough about how it was done to tell you more than that- or reverse it, so I can actually grow my hair out and worry about burning myself on candles, rather than burning down buildings because I got too close." She knew enough to make it from the pre-prepared substances, but she's unaware of how those pre-prepared substances were prepared.

Volleyball

"Um, sure. I'm up for that, but... I've never even seen someone play this game before. You up for joining me?" She looks at Zefir with that, and smiles. "I'm Mishnehel, I'll... stay like this I think." Mishnehel's folded her body to appear as human as this, and doesn't have to stay this way.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

[Burger Theft]

Olvisin does catch up, out of breath by now. She grins triumphantly.

"Aha! Thanks for catching this burger-stealing fox. I'm not going to eat this burger now, but... you know. Theft shouldn't go unpunished."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

23. - Top - End - #173

[Fire]

Several very important things happen here.

First?

Khannie gets a sundae.

Second?

She gives a gasp of, "He LIKES me? Like, he LIKE likes me?" There's an underlying sense of shock here mostly because Khannie's BOYS! switch hasn't quite been flipped yet. Also? That exclamation was WAY louder than a whisper.
    [Fire]

Arthfael opens his mouth to bail himself out of this, but Owena reacts faster.

"What? No, of course not. Guy's only got a few months on you." Owena shrugs. "But he still likes you. There's only, like, maybe three other people who can claim that, so you're doing something right." She smiles and gives Khannie's hair a little ruffle.

Arthfael's mouth closes and he shrugs. Yeah. Okay. Sure. We'll go with that.

"Just keep on doing what you're doing, kid. It might not always look like it, but you are getting through to him." Owena gives Arthfael a pointed glare, the kind that says "and if you want her to stick around, you'll definitely want to make it more obvious".

Darker Beach

"The mutation isn't guaranteed. And they aren't all as... obvious as mine." Felicity is actually one of three Paynian supers I play with a mutation, not counting Statuette or Heavyhanded whose powers affect their bodies directly, and of those three Shocker's is only obvious when he uses his power. (Felicity's skin-colour wasn't always the ashy colour it is now.) "I chose to do this because... I was young, and stupid, and thought I might get telekinesis, or something useful, and to prove that I could make it. The how... Well, the ingredients are all supernatural stuff, and Professor Payne did a lot of the preparing it ready to be mixed and stuff. So, unfortunately, I don't know enough about how it was done to tell you more than that- or reverse it, so I can actually grow my hair out and worry about burning myself on candles, rather than burning down buildings because I got too close." She knew enough to make it from the pre-prepared substances, but she's unaware of how those pre-prepared substances were prepared.
    [Darker Beach]

Young and stupid. On the one hand, that sounded about right. On the other hand, it was hard to picture the latter ever applying to Felicity.

Actually... she was pretty reckless with her experiments. Did that count? It probably counted.

Eun smiles a little. "Well... why don't you bring the ingredients by my lab sometime? A fresh pair of eyes means fresh observations. I can't make any promises, but... genome sequencing is a much less 'soft' science than space-folding."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

24. - Top - End - #174

Volleyball

"Um, sure. I'm up for that, but... I've never even seen someone play this game before. You up for joining me?" She looks at Zefir with that, and smiles. "I'm Mishnehel, I'll... stay like this I think." Mishnehel's folded her body to appear as human as this, and doesn't have to stay this way.
    Volleyball

Wasn't she looking like an elf? or Half elf`?

"Sure." he replies. "I'm Zefir." Zefir doesn't know she can change her body. He assumes she means her bikini.
    "As long as it fit's for the exercise." He keeps his shirt on as well.

Then he turns the the others.

"Anything we need to know?"

25. - Top - End - #175
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bar
    "Yeah, I did. Well, mostly. I really upset this scientist lady who arrived in a scuttle that crashed through the wall of Trog's when she noticed it was missing. She's fine now though, and I think I saw her here, but... not where she went." Eun's elsewhere now, and probably wouldn't appreciate meeting Anchor anyway. She's not keen on parties.
    [Poetry]

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    Oh, no. A draw. That had to be the worst he'd ever done.

Braeg smiles and pats Keiko on the back. "Well done. Very well done." He says with a chuckle. "Unfortunately, it doesn't look like anyone else is interested in Cath Fili. Which is a shame. I don't know about you, but I rather enjoyed the stretch.
    "She had a lot of ideas about how shadows were 'supposed' to work, huh? Well, I mean, now you've got it back, you should talk to her again."
    Well, actually an independently-minded shadow would probably be even worse. But it's worth a try, right?

To Keiko, Anchor suggests "If you join Myobi's poetry contest, I suppose I could show up and take last place away from you."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #176

l
    Volleyball

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Volleyball

Wasn't she looking like an elf? or Half elf`?

"Sure." he replies. "I'm Zefir." Zefir doesn't know she can change her body. He assumes she means her bikini.
    "As long as it fit's for the exercise." He keeps his shirt on as well.

Then he turns the the others.

"Anything we need to know?"
    [Volleyball]

"I'm Miranda, and this is Vlad." Miranda introduces them. "Say 'hi', Vlad."

"Hi, Vlad."

Miranda cringes. "That one's on me. Anyway, yeah, we can get started as soon as we have teams figured out. Would you two rather stick together, or..?" Miranda gestures between the two of them. "Either way works for us."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

[Bar]

Keiko giggles at Anchor

Oh come now, you can't be sure of losing to me!

28. - Top - End - #178

[Burger Theft]

Very pink.

So very pink.

"What in God's name did you get into, Jade?" Tristan asks, utterly baffled by all this nonsense. Then he offers an apologetic smile to Olvisin. "Sorry. She isn't normally like this. The whole... pink thing. Or the burger stealing thing. I think she was sending me some drunken texts earlier."

He'll reach out and try to pry the burger away from the fox.

Hopefully he doesn't get nipped.

"That isn't yours, Jade. You don't get to steal people's food."

Just because you're a pink fox that doesn't make it okay to pilfer burgs.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Burger Theft
    It's easy to take the burger, because Jade already dropped it when she was picked up. "Trishtan, I don no. I wash huungry! Lem me down!" Jade paws at Tristan and squirms but is outmassed and overpowered. So she instead changes back into a humanoid foxperson with pink hair and tails, in a sparkly pink bikini. She's still being held by Tristan though. "Why do you sheem sho angry?" She seems to be misinterpreting his emotions, and she's definitely drunk.

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

[Burger Theft]

"Well, I've never met a fox, a fox-person, a pink example of either, or one that would steal my food." Olvisin shrugs. "So it's all really new to me. Do you know her? Because it looks like she's got something to sleep off."

[Bonfires]

After talking to some people and clearing a space, Fayyaad disappears for a while, then returns dressed in a new outfit. He bows and begins to dance.

It starts out slow, with wide swings of his hips, his tail trailing behind him in a hypnotising pattern and his hands behind his neck. The slow movement is suddenly interrupted by his hand stretching outward in a brisk motion, shooting out jets of flame. He returns to his original rhythm, but noticeably faster, hands moving up and down in a pattern that mirrors that of his tail, but trail wisps of bright flame behind them. It seems the show is only just starting and picking up speed.